HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I'm not really sure actually. I do like bird-watching so maybe something avian? Or some squirrels. They're fun to watch too. Escher has some cool art too. It would be fun to do something of his. Do you know him? Think 'Metamorphosis' and 'Relativity'." a quick web search later and Scotty shows Val a few of Escher's most famous paintings.
Val was simply fascinated by those images. He cocked his head left and right, trying instinctively to make sense of them. "I *love* this human, really awesome! Sure, you can order 3D jigsaw birds and squirrels, and paintings like this as well."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:"Just this way," Mitch said, pointing in the direction in which he came, following it. As they got to the front door, Mitch opened it.

"Hey guys she came over! Don't crowd her okay? Her name is Ruby," Mitch said, holding the door open so she could enter.
"Hi, Ruby, I'm Jessica," Jess said, waving from where she was standing so as not to crowd her.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins can't see around the couch, but he says Welcome to my home! from in front of the couch.

---

Winni chuckles at the panda. Oh don't worry about it, I'm just kidding with you. I'm used to people slipping me a hot dog here and there, but this meat is very, uh... different. Winni said. The rice isn't so bad, though.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty flips back to his speaking app again. "You know what else is fun? Kinetic sculptures. Ever seen them?" The cat flips back to his web browser and pulls up some videos of the aforementioned art with innumerate small parts spinning and twirling and raising balls and allowing said balls to run down complex paths and through other mechanisms to change the paths of subsequent balls so that the machine is never still and no ball follows the same path twice. At the bottom the balls are caught by a conveyor belt which lifts them through the centre of the sculpture only to be dropped into the machine again at the top.
Scotty minimises the video for long enough to tell Val that he could watch them all day before opening the video again and staring fascinated at the machine, trying to pinpoint how it all works.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

By now, Valiant's tail was wagging so hard that it was creating a nice cool current. "Geee!" he sniffed at the screen, followed each movement of the contraptions, cocked his head, did everything cute to follow the movements. "Were were you all this time?" he asked Scotty.
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

A new game? Could be fun... Ruby answered
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"And this lovely adorable splendid tiang ferret here is my fiance', Rikki," Mitch said, motioning to her before sitting down next to her, "So, what we playing?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, it is venison and fish, so it'd be a lot different from your typical hot dog, heh," Fellsward said, "Hopefully we'll get some bamboo growing next year, that's the plan any way."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Oh, uh," Will blinked once. "I-I'm Will. Will Turner."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Salve, belli," Rikki greeted in her native language
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Awesome... Winni tapped her digits on the table as she thought about something to talk about.
So... Whats with all the candles in the windows? Winni asked.

--

Wiggins took the cards and spread them across the floor.
This game is about catching a murderer. He started. There is a specific card for detective, and a specific card for murderer. The rest are just civilians. As the murderer, your job is to kill every civilian in the house by winking at them. How it works is the murderer has to be looking at one of you and you have to be looking back. So... if I were the murderer, and Chris and I look at each other... Wiggins looks at Chris to make an example.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Catching the wink, Chris suddenly appears to choke. She briefly clutches at her throat, her tongue lolling and eyes bulging, and then flops over sideways, lying still and holding her breath. She remains thus for long enough that she judges the other pets would be beginning to worry before sitting upright and grinning at them, tail thumping the carpet.
"An' da detective 'as ta figure out 'oo's doin da murderin' 'afore everyone is dead, righ', Wiggins?"

--------------------
Unable to converse while Val has his tablet, Scotty just shrugs and smiles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins does actually get worried after awhile, remembering her asthma, but see's she is okay before he starts to panic.
Yes, and when you die maybe with a less convincing death, you must flip your card over for everyone to see. Wiggins explained. Now, the thing about the detective is that his firearm can be aimed at anyone. The detective can shoot civilians. It is your job as a civilian and a second task of the murderer to convince the detective that you are innocent. Wiggins turned back to Chris.
This time, I'm the detective, and your a civilian under questioning. Wiggins said, forming an L shape with his fingers and pointing it at Chris.
Now you have to answer these questions truthfully, understood?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Unable to converse while Val has his tablet, Scotty just shrugs and smiles.
"Tell you what," Valiant said, eventually. "We raise some funds together and start working on a thing like this. With the help of the wolves, we'll be faster, too."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"W-wait," Will put his hand up sightly as he said this, to show he had a question. "As the m-murderer, do we a-actually have to tell the t-truth to the detective, or j-just make you believe we are?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Pecan wrote:"W-wait," Will put his hand up sightly as he said this, to show he had a question. "As the m-murderer, do we a-actually have to tell the t-truth to the detective, or j-just make you believe we are?"
No. You just have to make him believe you. Wiggins replied.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"So, we can be the murderer, get targeted, and then fib our way out of it right?" Mitch asked as well.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, no one told you about Mun even the slightest?" Fellsward asked.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Absolutely! Wiggins replied with a smile.
---
Maybe a little bit about her, but not much. Winni replied.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot wrote: This time, I'm the detective, and your a civilian under questioning. Wiggins said, forming an L shape with his fingers and pointing it at Chris.
Now you have to answer these questions truthfully, understood?
Chris throws her paws in the air and holds them there.
"Y-y-yes, Sir, I-I-I unnerstan', sir! Pleasedon'shoot, sir!" she stammers quickly, looking petrified. She even shakes a little, keeping her eyes focused on Wiggins' "gun". She stays in-character throughout Will's question and Wiggin's answer.
"W-what do you wanna know, sir?" she asks the rabbit, still staring at the paw pointed in her direction.

~~~~
valerio wrote:"Tell you what," Valiant said, eventually. "We raise some funds together and start working on a thing like this. With the help of the wolves, we'll be faster, too."
Pondering this, Scotty takes back his tablet.
"It would be fun. But how would we raise the funds? I don't know if I'd have the technical expertise to make something like this work either."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins thought of a question.
What is your favorite color?
He asked, not moving the gun.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

With his rival distracted, Mitch took a quick look at Will, smiled, and winked, then yawned and stretched to throw off the trail.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, well, those are her morning and evening candles. One is lit in the morning, then snuffed, another lit and snuffed at the evening," Fellsward said, "They're to remind us of our devotion to her, and to remember that she is with us both night AND day. Seems silly but people tend to forget things."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Aah... Thats pretty cool of you guys... Winni said.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Red! No, blue! No red, like my collar! No, blue! No- Stop confusing me!" Chris howls, appearing to panic. Inside she's laughing but she uses al her skills as a magician to keep it from showing. She also distracts attention from her face in case the hint of a smile shows by calling the attention to her collar and by letting her paws waver ever so slightly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The murderers card is blue!
Then Wiggins let his thumb fall as he made a "pfff!" sound, shooting Chris.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris jerks as the "bullet" hits her. Clutching at her chest with one paw, she places her other wrist on her forehead with her paw palm outwards in the stereotypical "stricken princess" pose.
"No, no, no, not I! One so young and pretty as me is far too fair to die!" she sighs dramatically before slumping sideways in the opposite direction to her previous "death", ending up in the lap of the pet next to her as the yellow card slips face-up from her paw and onto the floor in the middle of the circle.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Pondering this, Scotty takes back his tablet.
"It would be fun. But how would we raise the funds? I don't know if I'd have the technical expertise to make something like this work either."
Valiant's ears drooped. "Aw, you're right. We need an engineer or something like that... So, puzzle?"
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will looked down at the pet now 'dead' in his lap, a light blush on his cheeks. "S-so," he asked, as he switched his gaze to the yellow card. "If the d-detective shoots an innocent, d-does he get a penalty?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well, the murderer gets one step closer to his goal. I think thats the only penalty that the detective gets. Wiggins replied. Actually, I don't recall passing out the cards, so if you haven't gotten a card yet, pick a card! Wiggins said, spreading out the cards face down.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris sits herself up again and mixes her card back into the pile before selecting another so she can join in with the game proper.
"Sorry, Will. Didn't mean ta whack yer dere. Yer quite comf'table dough. Nice an' soft." she apologises with a wink before looking at her new card (card number 7 in the pile) and setting it face down next to her.

--------------------
"We could build a Rube Goldberg machine though. They're a complex way of doing something simple." Another quick video serves to illustrate Scotty's point.
"What do you think? You can make them out of junk too. Although puzzles sound like fun too. Hey, what about Rikki though? Sounds like she's technically-minded. I wonder if she'd be able to make something like that work?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"We could build a Rube Goldberg machine though. They're a complex way of doing something simple." Another quick video serves to illustrate Scotty's point.
"What do you think? You can make them out of junk too. Although puzzles sound like fun too. Hey, what about Rikki though? Sounds like she's technically-minded. I wonder if she'd be able to make something like that work?"
Valiant was simply delighted at the complexity display of that kind of machine. "You know? This kind of thing looks just like something Rikki could build up at the panda village. I mean, what a party one could set up with one of these!"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi silently drew 3rd card and waited to be told what to do.
Last edited by hypernovatic on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I-it's fine, Chris," Will stated, as he picked up the right-most card, card number 10. "I'm g-glad I was comfortable enough."
Last edited by Pecan on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

((Check the OOC for how to pick the cards, please.))
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki approached Mitch. "Uhm, luv? I think I have to go back to the station. I mean, this wasn't my day off and left some work behind... Sorry."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

OOC: Edited to include card draw.

IC:

Mitch's ears went down after drawing the fourth card.

"Aw, all right love," he said, hugging and giving her a kiss, "Don't work too hard okay?"

"We loved her back in the old country," Fellsward said to Winnifred, "Most of us used to be very devoted."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:OOC: Edited to include card draw.
IC:

Mitch's ears went down after drawing the fourth card.
"Aw, all right love," he said, hugging and giving her a kiss, "Don't work too hard okay?"
The ferret kissed him back. "Will always have some room for you. See you tomorrow. Will have to make some extra time. Bye, guys," she greeted the others and left.
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

Ruby picks the 9th card.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Jessica takes the 8th card. "Bye, Rikki," she said, waving.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, definitely! Hey, we could use a Rube Goldberg machine to light some fireworks! It could be our version of the Ball Drop! It'd make for a great party!" Something else occurs to Scotty and he looks up at the dog, wondering for a moment before typing again.
"Hey, Val, weren't you on duty earlier? I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't you get back to the station? I don't want you getting into trouble on my behalf..."

--------------------
"Oh. Bye, Rikki. I' was nice ta see yer agin. So... Which card is which den, Wiggins?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, definitely! Hey, we could use a Rube Goldberg machine to light some fireworks! It could be our version of the Ball Drop! It'd make for a great party!" Something else occurs to Scotty and he looks up at the dog, wondering for a moment before typing again.
"Hey, Val, weren't you on duty earlier? I don't mean to be rude, but shouldn't you get back to the station? I don't want you getting into trouble on my behalf..."
"Oh, no, don't worry: I had booked a permission to leave for when Bel was back--*eep!*" the moment he had said it, a couple of grey-furred strong arms swept him as if he were a doll.
"Since you just remembered it, come here and let's start from where a little fire interrupted us," Belisarius said. he turned toward the door and walked away. Valiant waved to Scotty. "Bye! Very happy to meet you! Think of a machine to build at a party. We'll be needing it!" then, to the wolf, "You've learnt to sneak. You're good!"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh. Bye, Rikki. I' was nice ta see yer agin. So... Which card is which den, Wiggins?"
+4 is the murderer, and we'll have the 4 card be the detective this time! Wiggins replied.
---
xhunterko wrote:"We loved her back in the old country," Fellsward said to Winnifred, "Most of us used to be very devoted."
Used to be? What happened since then to make the panda's be less devoted? Winni asked.