HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by xhunterko »

"Oi lordy, don't point that thing at me! I don't like all this violence nonsense! Not everyone tryin' ta pass blame is guilty, lord. I'm just a sayin' that anyone tryin' to be THAT quiet OBVIOUSLY has something to hide," Mitch said in accent, "And by the by, something wrong with the tea? Ya got a spoilt palette or somethin' missus? Lordy as if tea grows on trees. Ya know how hard it is to get a good cup o' tea like you got these days? Lordy." He took a sip after his act.

"And if you still want some other tea, I have some leaves available," he said normally.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, I couldn't take yer muvva's* tea. So, what's dis Kool-Aid when it's a' home, den?" Chris turns to Mitch, nose twitching as she tries and fails to scent his tea through the myriad of odours in the room.
"Oh, you 'ave tea wiv yer? Good idea! I'd love some if yer offerin'. What kind is it? An' o' course I know tea. I'm Bri'ish an' Cockney, ain't I?" she jokes.

--------------------
"No, well, not yet anyway, but that would be cool. So would the steak, if I knew how to cook it. But no. They're turning The Digby Swift Files into movies! Can you believe it? Digby up on the big screen! I'm so excited! I can't wait to tell Walter! He'll be thrilled!" Were he able, Scotty would have leapt out of the chair and hugged his owner. As it is, he contents himself with grinning wildly and opening his mouth as though to yell "YEAH!" while shaking his fists in the air. Frances drops her phone into her bag and then grabs the cat into a hug, spinning him around before carefully setting back into the chair. She hugs Cinzia and Elio together and then Amadora before realising what she's doing as her arms are wrapped around Caesar. Mortified, she releases the lupine leader and steps back with a bow.
"I'm so sorry, sir. I forgot myself there. Please forgive me." Scotty waits tensely, anticipating the reaction of the large wolf.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"No, well, not yet anyway, but that would be cool. So would the steak, if I knew how to cook it. But no. They're turning The Digby Swift Files into movies! Can you believe it? Digby up on the big screen! I'm so excited! I can't wait to tell Walter! He'll be thrilled!" Were he able, Scotty would have leapt out of the chair and hugged his owner. As it is, he contents himself with grinning wildly and opening his mouth as though to yell "YEAH!" while shaking his fists in the air. Frances drops her phone into her bag and then grabs the cat into a hug, spinning him around before carefully setting back into the chair. She hugs Cinzia and Elio together and then Amadora before realising what she's doing as her arms are wrapped around Caesar. Mortified, she releases the lupine leader and steps back with a bow.
"I'm so sorry, sir. I forgot myself there. Please forgive me." Scotty waits tensely, anticipating the reaction of the large wolf.
Cesar kept a spartan expression, considering what had just happened, before turning to his wife. "You said it would kill any of us who tried one."
The she-wolf sniffed at her arm. "It will. See? We already smell like something that it's decomposing."
Cinzia nudged her husband. "And *you* don't start putting weird idea into your mind, ol' horse. But congratulations, dear. See, all in all it's been quite the exciting day: Soon we'll see yours and Scotty's signatures on the diner's walls as well."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch dug into his medicine bag and took out a smaller brown cloth bag.

"Oh you are? Well take a wiff and guess then, heh. It's local, " Mitch said.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star set down his tea and approached Jess and Mitch, "Now, now dear friends," He rumbled in his accent, "Accusations with no base only hinder our chances of finding the real killer. He patted each on the shoulder and smiled, "Until we have proof we should work together, lest we fail and go to the void for our lack of focus."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We'd be honoured. But surely we'd have to act in the movie to be up there? All the rest of them were actors."
"Oh, sorry." Frances apologises to the wolves. "That's probably my deodorant or my moisturiser. I guess it smells stronger to you guys. I thought it was rather nice though... Thanks, Cinzia. I think 'exciting' is a bit of an understatement though!"

--------------------
Chris takes the bag and sniffs. "Hmm... Int'restin'... It's clearly no' an English Breakfast or Earl Gray... It smells more like a green tea but wiv infusions of... somefin' ... Bu' I can't put me paw on what... Am I on da righ' track?" She offers the bag back to its owner.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Star set down his tea and approached Jess and Mitch, "Now, now dear friends," He rumbled in his accent, "Accusations with no base only hinder our chances of finding the real killer. He patted each on the shoulder and smiled, "Until we have proof we should work together, lest we fail and go to the void for our lack of focus."
"You're right," Jess said. "But I know the murderer is in this room somewhere. And that's reason enough to question everyone here. So," she said, turning the "gun" towards Star. "Why had you been so quiet before?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi stayed quiet, not wanting to draw attention to himself. He tried making eye contact with Star and once he did, he winked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: "You're right," Jess said. "But I know the murderer is in this room somewhere. And that's reason enough to question everyone here. So," she said, turning the "gun" towards Star. "Why had you been so quiet before?"
hypernovatic wrote:Matatabi stayed quiet, not wanting to draw attention to himself. He tried making eye contact with Star and once he did, he winked.
Star raised his hands and shook his head, "Merely observing, and again with the acc-" He cut off as he made eye contact with Matabi and made the connection,"A-acc- ACK!" He started coughing, stumbling and clutched his chest as he fell to the floor, unmoving. He decided he would stay until his body would be no longer needed for the investigation.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Jess immediately turned to look at everyone else. She knew it wasn't Mitch or Wiggins, neither one was in a position to make eye contact with Star. So she focused on Matatabi, Blay, Will, and Ruby, checking to see if any were making a point to look away from the scene.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"We'd be honoured. But surely we'd have to act in the movie to be up there? All the rest of them were actors."
"Oh, sorry." Frances apologises to the wolves. "That's probably my deodorant or my moisturiser. I guess it smells stronger to you guys. I thought it was rather nice though... Thanks, Cinzia. I think 'exciting' is a bit of an understatement though!"
Constantine tapped Frances' shoulder. "Ah, excuse me human, but...do you think that they'll take wolves into this movie thing?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch feigned a yelp!

"Oh heavens to betsy! Right in front of us too! You'd have to be stupid to murder like that!" Mitch said.

"It's local mint and lavender actually," Mitch said to Chris.
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

Ruby's eyes darted around the room. Please don't pick me please dont pick me please don't pick me she whispered.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi looked at Jess so as to not increase suspicion and smiled.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:"Oh heavens to betsy! Right in front of us too! You'd have to be stupid to murder like that!" Mitch said.
"Actually, it's really smart," Jess said. "it ensures I'm not watching them when they strike. now..."

She chose Ruby, since she'd actually forgotten she was even here. "Did you see who killed him?"
she paid close attention to where Ruby was looking, so she could tell which way an attack came from if she was the next victim.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Um, s-speaking of drinks," Will looked at Wiggins as he said this. "Do you m-mind if I grab some water?"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

N-no, I didn't see anything, honest! Ruby said, keeping her eyes on Jessica.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Not at all! I'll get it for you. Wiggins replied, leaving to the kitchen and bringing back a water bottle. Now... what if I'M the murderer? Wiggins asked, giving an evil look to Mitch, but not winking.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

I could let you know if I see anything, if you want... Ruby added.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch put a hand to a hip and a fist to his forehead, eyes closed, looking down, as if thinking really deep.

"Herm, herm, well, well, quite possibly, unless it's possible, but rather highly unlikely, seeing there are no mirrors or reflective surfaces behind us, it's rather tricky to kill with a wink when you are NOT looking at the person and they have their back to you," Mitch said, looking up with a wry smile.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh? Can't say I've ever tried dem togever. Is it any good? Normally I prefer good, strong English tea bu' I'm willin' ta give anyfink a go once." Chris looks around at the gradually shrinking circle.
"Better ge' detecting afore da murderer strikes again, Jess. Yer don' wanna lose yer badge now, do yer? Perhaps try callin' in some experts." Drawing herself upright, Chris changes demeanour again, this time putting on a much more posh British accent. She holds out her paw as though flashing a badge, and mimes putting it in a coat pocket, before pulling an imaginary pad and pen out of another pocket. Licking the imaginary tip of the pen, she sets it to the pretend pad and looks Jess in the eye.
"Now then. I'm Detective Chief Inspector Lestrade of Scotland Yard. What's this I hear about a double murder going unsolved on your watch?" Immediately she switches character again, miming sucking on a pipe and pacing while peering through a magnifying glass. She now speaks in the same accent but with a deeper voice.
"It's elementary. Since nobody has left the room, the murderer must still be among us. After all, when one has eliminated the impossible, whatever is left must be the truth, however improbable." Another sudden change, and this time Chris puts on an outrageous French accent.
"Why, eet ees seemple, Chief Inspector Dreyfus. I weell use my skeells een karate to CHOP zee murderer down to size! Wiz Inspector Jacques Clouseau on see case, zee murderer 'as no chance!" As she yells the word "CHOP" Chris jumps and does a clumsy karate chop, landing in a stereotypical but terrible karate pose. As quick as she began, she Chris turns back to her normal self again as though nothing had happened.
"So did yer grow dat tea yerself, Mitch, or is it wild?"

--------------------
Frances thinks for a moment.
"It's possible. The demons in my book can take any form they want so they could definitely be wolves if they wanted to. And come to think of it there is a scene or two where they do just that. So yes, it's quite possible that they could use some wolves, although it may not be a major part. Do you fancy yourself an actress?" she queries with a smile.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh? Can't say I've ever tried dem togever. Is it any good? Normally I prefer good, strong English tea bu' I'm willin' ta give anyfink a go once." Chris looks around at the gradually shrinking circle.
"Better ge' detecting afore da murderer strikes again, Jess. Yer don' wanna lose yer badge now, do yer? Perhaps try callin' in some experts." Drawing herself upright, Chris changes demeanour again, this time putting on a much more posh British accent. She holds out her paw as though flashing a badge, and mimes putting it in a coat pocket, before pulling an imaginary pad and pen out of another pocket. Licking the imaginary tip of the pen, she sets it to the pretend pad and looks Jess in the eye.
"Now then. I'm Detective Chief Inspector Lestrade of Scotland Yard. What's this I hear about a double murder going unsolved on your watch?" Immediately she switches character again, miming sucking on a pipe and pacing while peering through a magnifying glass. She now speaks in the same accent but with a deeper voice.
"It's elementary. Since nobody has left the room, the murderer must still be among us. After all, when one has eliminated the impossible, whatever is left must be the truth, however improbable." Another sudden change, and this time Chris puts on an outrageous French accent.
"Why, eet ees seemple, Chief Inspector Dreyfus. I weell use my skeells een karate to CHOP zee murderer down to size! Wiz Inspector Jacques Clouseau on see case, zee murderer 'as no chance!" As she yells the word "CHOP" Chris jumps and does a clumsy karate chop, landing in a stereotypical but terrible karate pose. As quick as she began, she Chris turns back to her normal self again as though nothing had happened.
"So did yer grow dat tea yerself, Mitch, or is it wild?"
Star, still on the floor, laughed. After calming down he sat up, "You know I never could remember that quote." He got off the floor completely, stopping to dust himself off and took back his seat and sipped his slightly colder tea, "Now to watch the show unfold, or should we play rock, paper, scissors while we're in the 'afterlife' Chris?" He said, using the quotations thing with his fingers when he said after life.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Frances thinks for a moment.
"It's possible. The demons in my book can take any form they want so they could definitely be wolves if they wanted to. And come to think of it there is a scene or two where they do just that. So yes, it's quite possible that they could use some wolves, although it may not be a major part. Do you fancy yourself an actress?" she queries with a smile.
Amadora flashed a grin to the human. "As long as it involves scaring humans, we're in."
Caesar just rolled his eyes. "Trying to project a positive image, my mate, remember?"
"We could still give autographs and hugs to the fans!" Constantine suggested. Then to Frances, "Actors *can* hug fans, can they*?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

You could ask if anyone has seen anything... Wiggins suggested.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will took a sip from the water bottle, and nodded to Wiggins. "Thank you," he said, and turned to give everyone a small glance. As much as he wanted to keep his eyes down, he figured not looking at anyone would take the fun out of the game.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Once Will looked at him he smiled and winked, trying not to draw attention to himself.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

As he saw the wink, he put his hands over his chest. He let out a drawn out, quiet, staggered "Ow" in the same girlish tone he had used earlier, and fell back, eyes shut.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

As Mitch was about to respond to Chris Will fell over and he feigned shock again.

"Oh lordy! Poor bloke! Ya best hurry inspector! Still, that's 2 suspects eliminated for you. Neither me nor Chris were looking that way," Mitch said, "Actually it's local. We've not had that much time to grow any ourselves." He looked around the remaining pets. From Matatabi, to Blay, then Ruby, stopping at her since she's been so quiet. He began to rub his chin in suspicion.
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

Why are you looking at me? Ruby asked.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

'I fink, young lady, 'e's suspectin' you o' bein' da murderer. What's impor'ant dough is what Jess finks." Chris guesses turning to look at the aforementioned pet.
"Is dis tea strong den? An' can I try some please? Also, I was never a suspect on account of I was dead. So it's really only one more suspect elimina'ed."

--------------------
"Well, so long as the fan wants the hug then yes, I don't see why not." Scotty answers for Frances. "I've seen Frances hug one or two people at book signings too so I know it's okay."
"Yeah, but they always hug me first." Frances points out, again picking up her mug of tea which is by now rapidly cooling. Draining the tea, she sets the cup back on the coffee table and fishes out her phone again.
In the excitement, Scotty's new puzzle had fallen from his lap and he reaches for it now, straining over the edge of the chair, his pawtips barely brushing the lid of the box. Busy texting her good news to one of her girlfriends, Frances is too preoccupied to notice the cat's struggle.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, so long as the fan wants the hug then yes, I don't see why not." Scotty answers for Frances. "I've seen Frances hug one or two people at book signings too so I know it's okay."
"Yeah, but they always hug me first." Frances points out, again picking up her mug of tea which is by now rapidly cooling. Draining the tea, she sets the cup back on the coffee table and fishes out her phone again.
In the excitement, Scotty's new puzzle had fallen from his lap and he reaches for it now, straining over the edge of the chair, his pawtips barely brushing the lid of the box. Busy texting her good news to one of her girlfriends, Frances is too preoccupied to notice the cat's struggle.
A grey-furred paw grasped the box before it fell.
Lucilla's.
"Thought you needed help here. *giggle*. What is this?" she asked a moment later, cautiously sniffing the box.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:'I fink, young lady, 'e's suspectin' you o' bein' da murderer. What's impor'ant dough is what Jess finks." Chris guesses turning to look at the aforementioned pet.
"It wasn't her," Jess said. "I was looking right at her and she didn't wink. So that leaves Blay and Matatabi as suspects."

She turned to her last two suspects, hoping to figure out who was the killer before they struck again. She decided to question Blay again. "You said you had a 3 card earlier, but I'm not so sure. The first victim went down right after I turned my eyes off of you," She reasoned. "Which I only did because you asked Chris what she was doing, thereby proving that you were, at least at that moment, looking at the victim, and drawing my attention away from you at the same time."

She got her finger a bit closer to Blay's chest. "So, why should I believe that you're as innocent as you claim?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi smiled and looked into Blay's eyes. Once they made eye contact, he winked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well then, other then being so quiet and in a position to murder our victims you mean?" Mitch said to Ruby.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks." Scotty smiles. "It's a puzzle. You put the pieces together in the right order to make a picture, or in some cases, a 3D object. It's a fun and challenging way to pass the time... What did you say your name was, sorry? Forgive my rudeness but you've helped me several times today and I never caught your name."

--------------------
Chris watches the game closely and curiously, feeling that the end is drawing near. Her tail wags faster in anticipation as she eagerly awaits the outcome, her tea forgotten.
"Yeah, Blay. Why should she?" she queries, playing along with Jess.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks." Scotty smiles. "It's a puzzle. You put the pieces together in the right order to make a picture, or in some cases, a 3D object. It's a fun and challenging way to pass the time... What did you say your name was, sorry? Forgive my rudeness but you've helped me several times today and I never caught your name."
The young she-wolf wagged her tail. "I am Lucilla. And I too played puzzles. Sometimes, I'd put together the bones of the carcass we just ate. It is the same thing, right?" she asked, tilting her head.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty blinks in surprise a few times before answering the wolf. "Yeah, I guess it is, Lucilla. I'm surprised though. I thought wolves always ate all the bones. So... what kinds of things do you like to eat? Wild animals, I suppose. Have you a favourite?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty blinks in surprise a few times before answering the wolf. "Yeah, I guess it is, Lucilla. I'm surprised though. I thought wolves always ate all the bones. So... what kinds of things do you like to eat? Wild animals, I suppose. Have you a favourite?"
"Oh, we believe that should honor mother nature by giving her back some of the remains. After hollowing the bones of their marrows of course. And, well, deer is our favorite. Since the humans take down the healthy ones, though, we must often protect them and warn them of danger. In return, we can get their elders and sick without so much of a fuss. When we're starving, we may go take domestic things as cows and sheep, but we'd rather avoid human stuff. They're so jealous of their preys, pfui! And they got so much to share... For example, one time the poultry livestock of this Harolds human became deadstock due to some illness, and he left the carcass to us so that we could get sick as well, but we're wolves and of course that illness didn't affect us and Harolds human was very upset when we came to him and thanked him."
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay's mind kind of wondered, must of been all the people or something. But then he finally processed it. Matatabi blinked at him. Blinking kills you... Oh dear. Blay gripped his heart. And fell to his knees off the couch. "D'YAAAAGH! DARN YOU! DARN YOU DAI-SHOCKER!!!" Blay screamed, and then pretended to collapse.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

SuperStar wrote:Blay's mind kind of wondered, must of been all the people or something. But then he finally processed it. Matatabi blinked at him. Blinking kills you... Oh dear. Blay gripped his heart. And fell to his knees off the couch. "D'YAAAAGH! DARN YOU! DARN YOU DAI-SHOCKER!!!" Blay screamed, and then pretended to collapse.
Wiggins covered his ears as Blay shouted, not looking at Matatabi. He did see Matatabi looking toward Blay when he winked, but luckily Matatabi hadn't looked towards Wiggins.
Okay, I'm pretty sure I know who the murderer is, but I'm not gonna say anything. he said.