HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"of course," Jess answered. "Sorry we lost you on the way, I'm glad you found us again."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Neon Icy Wings wrote: He crossed the street quickly and entered. Coughing into his paw nervously he raised his other paw, "Um... got room for one more?" He asked, just loud enough to be heard.
"Oh, Star! Thought someone was missing. Glad you caught up." Blay said patting him on the shoulder.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"YIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!" Mitch yelped in response, nearly falling backward, flailing his arms. He caught himself in a moment and steadied out, laughing, holding his stomach. Then he turned around, and grabbed Rikki in a tight bear hug and kiss!

"Bad girl bad! He heh heh, bad girl! Eh heh heh, someone needs to be taught a lesson," he said, hoisting her over his shoulder, and with the intent of some chaste snuggling til food was ready, carted her of to her room, and shut the door.

"Also it's called, 'not disturbing the partner while they work'," Mitch said, after laying her down on the face down, and started giving her a deep back rub.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have yet to need help these 8 years since the territory and title fell into my paws. However, if you would um, be so kind to um, er, uh, to look out for, uh, for me, uh, on occasion, if you come around to it, uh, by chance or happenstance, uh, female bears" Borues said, clearly blushing, and scratching the back of his neck.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Right, sorry, Cinzia." Frances smiles ruefully as she adds another dose of salt before forming a volcano like Amadora and Cinzia are doing.

In the doorway, Scotty raises a paw to say something as Mitch and Rikki breeze apst, but catching the look in Mitch's eye, thinks better of it and instead whels his chair back to Moon.
"That's my tablet computer." he answers Moon by writing on the pad. "It's just like a regular computer, only portable. I use it to help me talk, among other things." He shows the kitten the pad, wondering if she can read, and catches Elio's eye, just in case.

--------------------
"Lesse... Dere's Jess, Star, Blay, Wiggins, Mat, Will... And 'oo else? Oh, yeah. Me. So dat's seven." Chris answers Will before looking around at the decor.
"Oh, wow! 'Ave we come back in time?" she exclaims. "Diss. Is. Awesome!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

When Scotty showed Moon the pad, she tilted her head and squinted her eyes, wondering what the scribbles on the paper were. "What iss that?" she asked, poking the strange scribbles.
------
Matatabi looked around in awe after everyone came inside. "Wow, this is cool." he said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Lesse... Dere's Jess, Star, Blay, Wiggins, Mat, Will... And 'oo else? Oh, yeah. Me. So dat's seven."
"Seven? Let's hope there's free space in here for seven." Blay said scanning the diner, looking for free places.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"YIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!" Mitch yelped in response, nearly falling backward, flailing his arms. He caught himself in a moment and steadied out, laughing, holding his stomach. Then he turned around, and grabbed Rikki in a tight bear hug and kiss!
"Bad girl bad! He heh heh, bad girl! Eh heh heh, someone needs to be taught a lesson," he said, hoisting her over his shoulder, and with the intent of some chaste snuggling til food was ready, carted her of to her room, and shut the door.
"Also it's called, 'not disturbing the partner while they work'," Mitch said, after laying her down on the face down, and started giving her a deep back rub.
Rikki felt like melting under those expert paws. "Hm-m, you're almost forgiven. And no, you never disturb me you silly plantigrad: in fact, I might just abandon my job as a regular in the force and switch to volunteer so to have more time to spend with you, in the tribe. Fancy the idea?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:"I have yet to need help these 8 years since the territory and title fell into my paws. However, if you would um, be so kind to um, er, uh, to look out for, uh, for me, uh, on occasion, if you come around to it, uh, by chance or happenstance, uh, female bears" Borues said, clearly blushing, and scratching the back of his neck.
Caesar nodded with utmost seriousness. "The Palatinium pack will take care of your territory against any intruder."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Right, sorry, Cinzia." Frances smiles ruefully as she adds another dose of salt before forming a volcano like Amadora and Cinzia are doing.
"Fine. Now add first the water, then the milk, slowly, until you fill the 'cave-in'. Then...here, start moving your hands in circles, gently pushing inward the volcano, and when it collapses, start molding it into a crude loaf. make sure that you go on until you feel it becoming compact."
---
SuperStar wrote:"Seven? Let's hope there's free space in here for seven." Blay said scanning the diner, looking for free places.
"I got *always* space for our fuzzy friends," said a woman, plump and jolly, coming from the kitchen. "Hi, I am Dorothy and you can go to the tables there in the corner if you want some privacy. Wait a moment...ENRICO!"
The bespetacled man sitting at the cashier lifted his head from the newspaper he was reading. "How can i serve you my queen?"
"Work for you, you lazy blobbish excuse of a human! Now go and set the tables for our friends!"
Grumbling, the man left his postation, revealing a stocky, massive frame. He walked to the indicated position, walking more like a troll than a human being.
Enrico took a table -literally lifted it up quite easily, and put it down near another, thus forming a line. Then he did the same with the chairs.
Dorothy looked satisfied. "Well done. Now, dear ones, will you please sit? I'll send someone for the orders in a moment. Anything to drink, in the meantime?"
---
hypernovatic wrote:When Scotty showed Moon the pad, she tilted her head and squinted her eyes, wondering what the scribbles on the paper were. "What iss that?" she asked, poking the strange scribbles.
"The object is a tablet computer," Elio explained with the kind tone of a teacher. "And Scotty here wrote that he uses it to speak. He writes the words on the screen, and the machine talks for him." Valiant had told him of the many pets that weren't so lucky as to have someone to teach them to read...
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, looks like dere's room now, Blay." Chris smiles, leading the pets to the table.
"Fank you, sir, marm." she nods at Enrico and Dorothy, sliding Mat into the booth at the end of the table so that the cat can relax and spread out a bit.
"Cor, blimey! Is dat Rin Tin Tin?" she points at a picture on the wall.
"Drinks, right. Er, I'd love somefin' but I 'aven't ad time ta change me pounds ta... What do yer use over 'ere again? Oh yeah, dollars, so I can't pay. Guess I'll just watch. You guys want anyfink? Don' let me 'old you back."

--------------------
Scotty smiles and nods in confirmation of what Elio said as in the kitchen Frances does her best to turn her volcano into a loaf as per Cinzia's instructions. The result is lopsided but passable and the young woman fiddles with it, pushing here and tugging there, trying to get the shape to match Cinzia' even, rounded loaf.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I g-guess I'll have some cranberry juice," Will decided, as he slid into the booth on the opposite side of Chris and Mat. He pulled some money out of his cart and added, "I-if you'd like something Chris, I can p-pay for it. I have e-enough."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star sidled into a seat and shrugged, "I think I'll just have some water. And... while we wait, how is everyone doing? I-if you don't mind saying anyway."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, looks like dere's room now, Blay." Chris smiles, leading the pets to the table.
"Fank you, sir, marm." she nods at Enrico and Dorothy, sliding Mat into the booth at the end of the table so that the cat can relax and spread out a bit.
"Cor, blimey! Is dat Rin Tin Tin?" she points at a picture on the wall.
"Drinks, right. Er, I'd love somefin' but I 'aven't ad time ta change me pounds ta... What do yer use over 'ere again? Oh yeah, dollars, so I can't pay. Guess I'll just watch. You guys want anyfink? Don' let me 'old you back."
Dorothy shook her head. Nonsense: This diner never let down a customer. We accept all values, after all we had people from all over te world since this place was open. So, what is your poison today?"
--------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty smiles and nods in confirmation of what Elio said as in the kitchen Frances does her best to turn her volcano into a loaf as per Cinzia's instructions. The result is lopsided but passable and the young woman fiddles with it, pushing here and tugging there, trying to get the shape to match Cinzia' even, rounded loaf.
[/quote]
"Very well done. Now..." She handed firt Frances and then Amadora two knives. "Cut a large 'X' in the loaf. Like this... This will help the bread to cook without craking itself open. After you are done, put a moist cloth over the loaf and then I'll put the loaves over the oven to let it stand. Half an our will do. In the meantime, we'll be working to something else."
Last edited by valerio on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'll have water, too," Jess ordered
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'll have water as well." Matatabi said.
--------
"Oh, okay. How does it work?" Moon asked, looking up at Eliot.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, wow. Fanks, Mrs. Dorofy! I guess you don' 'ave ta pay after all, Will. But fanks fer da offer! I'd love a good, 'ot pot o' tea, Mrs. Dorofy. Do you 'ave Earl Grey or English Breakfast?" Having placed her order, the spaniel turns to Star.
"Well, I'm okay. Glad my asthma ain't playin' up after dat walk. 'Ow 'bout you?"

--------------------
"Okie dokie... There. What will we work on next?"

In the living room, Scotty writes on his pad again.
"I write in the box and then press Know what? It might be easier to show than to tell. Could you ask her to give it back please, Elio?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, wow. Fanks, Mrs. Dorofy! I guess you don' 'ave ta pay after all, Will. But fanks fer da offer! I'd love a good, 'ot pot o' tea, Mrs. Dorofy. Do you 'ave Earl Grey or English Breakfast?" Having placed her order, the spaniel turns to Star.
"Well, I'm okay. Glad my asthma ain't playin' up after dat walk. 'Ow 'bout you?"
"Actually, we *do* have a wide selection of Earl grey teas since Higgins started asking for them. He was such a cute pie." Dorothy giggled. Any flavor in particular? I recommend vanilla."
--------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:"Okie dokie... There. What will we work on next?"
"I'll start working on the fresh pasta for the lasagna. Since Amadora already cut the potatoes, now you will put the slices into the baking pan, so to make an even layer. Then add the minced meat. Then Amadora will add the dried herbs and spices she thinks more apt to their noses and tastes. I selected them according to Belisarius' indications."
Amadora took a shaker, opened it and sniffed cautiously. She didn't compliment the human over the choices because of stubborn pride, but her traitorous tail wagged slightly.
Hlaoroo wrote:In the living room, Scotty writes on his pad again.
"I write in the box and then press Know what? It might be easier to show than to tell. Could you ask her to give it back please, Elio?"
The old man nodded and addressed the cat. "Moon, please, would you be so kind as to give the tablet back to Scotty? He'll show you how he uses it."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch worked his paws carefully. Starting at the neck, going over the shoulders, going down the back to the tail bone, then back up the same way. He did like her idea, but he had hoped to pop his a little later in the evening.

"A fancy idea, but I've a fancier one, I think," Mitch said, working his way down the center of her back, "But you have to guess it. And the first guess can't be what you actually think it is." He added with a grin.

Borues blushed yet again.

"Actually, I was hoping you'd keep an eye out for er, prospects for me," He said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch worked his paws carefully. Starting at the neck, going over the shoulders, going down the back to the tail bone, then back up the same way. He did like her idea, but he had hoped to pop his a little later in the evening.
"A fancy idea, but I've a fancier one, I think," Mitch said, working his way down the center of her back, "But you have to guess it. And the first guess can't be what you actually think it is." He added with a grin.
"You joining the poli-I-I-I-ce?" She could just see it: Both of them, the new 'dynamic duo', wild boy and city girl, the brawns ant the brains, their sense of justice holding them together just as their burning love...
stopstopstopsto, NAUGHTY girl!
xhunterko wrote:Borues blushed yet again.
"Actually, I was hoping you'd keep an eye out for er, prospects for me," He said.
Caesar understood and patted the bear's shoulder. "We will, stay assured."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Otay. Here." Moon said, nodding and handing back the tablet to Scotty.
------
"I'm doing well. Still a bit dizzy, but I'll survive." Matatabi told Star.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, thank you, that's at least partially one less worry I have on my mind, oh, one more thing," Borues said to the wolf.

Mitch had to chuckle a bit. He removed one of his satchel bags, then continued rubbing, digging a little deep into her center back on a couple passes.

"Hm, nope, guess again!" He said with a smile.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks." says the tablet once it's safely back in Scotty's lap. Scotty shows Moon how he types into the box and then how the cursor highlights each word in turn as it reads it aloud. He also shows Moon how he can change the speed of the playback as well as the voice in which it's read. The older cat has a bit of fun by setting it to the Chipmunk voice and having the tablet say:
"Christmas, CHristmas time of year. Time for joy and time for cheer. We've bene good but we can't last. Hurry Christmas, hurry fast." The tablet can't sing but hearing the words intoned by a robotic chipmunk voice amuses Scotty nevertheless.
"What do you think of that?" he queries, putting the tablet back to his normal voice.

--------------------
Chris grins and shakes her head at Dorothy, slightly bewildered.
"Do Americans 'ate tea or somefink? Dat's twice I've been offered flavoured tea an' I've only been 'ere one mornin'. No, fanks, I just want a pot of strong, black Earl Grey. No flavour, 'ceptin' regular tea flavour. I'm Bri'ish. I like me tea pure."

--------------------
Frances adds the potatos to the pan, and then the meat, once again muttering "gross, gross, gross" under her breath as she feels the slime coating her fingers as she presses it gently down.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Moon watched Scotty intently as he messed with the tablet. Her eyes widened as the tablet's voice got lower and higher. She giggled loudly when the tablet tried singing. "Tat is so kewl!" Moon said, still giggling and holding onto the side of Scotty's chair.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Well, thank you, that's at least partially one less worry I have on my mind, oh, one more thing," Borues said to the wolf.
"Please go on."
xhunterko wrote:Mitch had to chuckle a bit. He removed one of his satchel bags, then continued rubbing, digging a little deep into her center back on a couple passes.
"Hm, nope, guess again!" He said with a smile.
"Hmm, help you build our own den?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Chris grins and shakes her head at Dorothy, slightly bewildered.
"Do Americans 'ate tea or somefink? Dat's twice I've been offered flavoured tea an' I've only been 'ere one mornin'. No, fanks, I just want a pot of strong, black Earl Grey. No flavour, 'ceptin' regular tea flavour. I'm Bri'ish. I like me tea pure."
Dorothy scribbled down the orders. "Black Earl be it, then. Before I go, will you have any scones with that?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:Frances adds the potatos to the pan, and then the meat, once again muttering "gross, gross, gross" under her breath as she feels the slime coating her fingers as she presses it gently down.
"You humans are so funny," Amadora said. She made a face at the vegetables she was working with. "In fact, why should one of my lineage work with this grazers' food?"
"because practice makes perfect," Cinzia said. "You two must learn to work with what you are unfamiliar with, or you'll never be able to cook decently."
"It makes sense," the shw-wolf shrugged. "Can I lick your fingers when you're done?" she asked Frances.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh, but I have SUCH a lovely tree house with an excellent view already! Hmm, nope, one more guess my dear," Mitch said, taking off his second satchel bag. He worked into her arm and shoulder muscles a bit more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In the woods, just behind our local corn hole field, near the abbey well, there is a small building. Dilapidated, covered in vines, black and dark inside," Borues said, pausing a moment, "Do not go in. I do not know why, but granted, I am a little afraid to find out myself, but the very time you go in, you will not come out again. A fox, a weasel, a vole, a rabbit, and other animals have met their end this way. Sometimes they go in defiantly, others it's the result of going mad, then going in but if you, or any of your pack go in, I can not guarantee your safety. It is, on the to-do list of figuring things out. Which, I will hopefully be doing soon." Borues added a scratching of the head at the last bit.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Oh, but I have SUCH a lovely tree house with an excellent view already! Hmm, nope, one more guess my dear," Mitch said, taking off his second satchel bag. He worked into her arm and shoulder muscles a bit more.
As long as her wild prince would keep working such miracles on her, she barely cared to think at all! "o-kayy-oh...Uhm, wanna adopt a panda kit?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:"In the woods, just behind our local corn hole field, near the abbey well, there is a small building. Dilapidated, covered in vines, black and dark inside," Borues said, pausing a moment, "Do not go in. I do not know why, but granted, I am a little afraid to find out myself, but the very time you go in, you will not come out again. A fox, a weasel, a vole, a rabbit, and other animals have met their end this way. Sometimes they go in defiantly, others it's the result of going mad, then going in but if you, or any of your pack go in, I can not guarantee your safety. It is, on the to-do list of figuring things out. Which, I will hopefully be doing soon." Borues added a scratching of the head at the last bit.
Caesar frowned. "Whatever may pose a threat to the territory, to the safety of the pack and its allies, is surely worth investigating. The Palatinium Pack did not keep its territory out of reputation only. Tomorrow, you will show us the way to this place."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I prefer crumpets wiv honey, acshully." Chris retorts, keeping a straight face. Her tail can be heard to thump the vinyl cushion behind her though, giving the game away.
"Wot I'd love dough, is ta try a proper American burger an' fries. I've 'eard good fings about 'em." Chris smiles at Dorothy.

--------------------
"Thanks... So, where are you from, Moon? What do you like to do for fun?"

In the kitchen, Frances presents Cinzia with the prepared pan.
"How's that?" Then, she hears the wolf's question and barely misses a beat with her response.
"You wolves are so funny." she grins, holding out her messy hands to the her lupine friend.
"I always wondered what it wold be like, having a dog clean me. I guess this is a good approximation."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Heh, I told you what my thoughts were on that, heh, incorrect my dear," Mitch said, digging into her lower back with his paws as the last rub, then he took off his last satchel and laid down next to her, snuggling her in a hug. He took a deep breath, but he wasn't about to cower out now.

"Would y-you b-be terrib-bly, morib-idly, horrib-bly upset-t if we had to move you-your br-brother's wedding up to, oh, at least a week or so if it m-meant," and here he swallowed, "W-we could, I m-mean, w-we could ha-have a doub-ble wedding with them?"

Borues lifted up a finger.

"Only if you alone accompany me. A coyote pack said the same thing. HALF of them went mad, two went in, and none came out," Borues said, "A pack of 8 strong. You can see my worry and hesitation. I am very serious about this thing and I have forbade the pandas from investigating it without my knowing."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I prefer crumpets wiv honey, acshully." Chris retorts, keeping a straight face. Her tail can be heard to thump the vinyl cushion behind her though, giving the game away.
"Wot I'd love dough, is ta try a proper American burger an' fries. I've 'eard good fings about 'em." Chris smiles at Dorothy.
"We happen to have them. Freshly baked, accompanied by the best butter this country has to offer. And don't worry, here at Sunset our burgers'n'fries are still the best since 1951. I hope you guys like apple pie, another specialty of ours."
--------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:In the kitchen, Frances presents Cinzia with the prepared pan.
"How's that?" Then, she hears the wolf's question and barely misses a beat with her response.
"You wolves are so funny." she grins, holding out her messy hands to the her lupine friend.
"I always wondered what it wold be like, having a dog clean me. I guess this is a good approximation."
Before Cinzia could even react, Frances' hand disappeared into the lupine maw and was licked clean as if Amadora had just been starving. Messy as it was, it was over in a moment, leaving behind a spit-clean hand -literally.
The she-wolf licked her chops. "Hmm, processed meat is not bad."
Cinzia pointed at the sink. "Frances girl, now you go wash your hands *very* thoroughly, put on the potatoes and the cheese layers, and then repeat. Amadora...you just open those two big cans of tomatoes and drop them into that empty pot. You'll do the sauce for the lasagna. And no more licking: cooking is a very hygienic process."
"Aw." The fuzzy cook apprentice did as instructed.
---
xhunterko wrote:"Heh, I told you what my thoughts were on that, heh, incorrect my dear," Mitch said, digging into her lower back with his paws as the last rub, then he took off his last satchel and laid down next to her, snuggling her in a hug. He took a deep breath, but he wasn't about to cower out now.
"Would y-you b-be terrib-bly, morib-idly, horrib-bly upset-t if we had to move you-your br-brother's wedding up to, oh, at least a week or so if it m-meant," and here he swallowed, "W-we could, I m-mean, w-we could ha-have a doub-ble wedding with them?"
her answer was the warmest hug as she said, "You know, I would've asked for it, myself. There are still so many things to do, and I want to make sure that all of our families celebrate together the greatest days in our lives. And trust me, I know Valiant and Bel: They will love the idea as well."
---
xhunterko wrote:Borues lifted up a finger.
"Only if you alone accompany me. A coyote pack said the same thing. HALF of them went mad, two went in, and none came out," Borues said, "A pack of 8 strong. You can see my worry and hesitation. I am very serious about this thing and I have forbade the pandas from investigating it without my knowing."
Caesar thought about that for a moment, clearly undecided. "I can't just act unilaterally: I will have to warn my pack. It is quite possible that Agrippinia or Nero will come with you instead, as they are the best huntress and scout respectively. The alpha couple is not supposed to be put at risk unless strictly necessary. Will this satisfy you?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I lif tat wai." Moon said, pointing in the general direction of her house. "I lyk to play owtside." she said, smiling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star lifted his paw by a little, "Um, I wouldn't mind some apple pie."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, that tickles!" Frances giggles as her hand disappears. She fights unsuccessfully to appear chastised as Cinzia scolds her.
"Right, sorry, Mom." Suddenly the young woman freezes with her sudsy hands under the water. "I... I... I didn't... I mean..."

"Outside? I like outside too. I like to watch the small animals and birds. What games do you like to play outside?" Scotty is not used to talking to children of any species and hopes he's doing it right. Absently he wonders if and when the kitten will ask about the chair. In his experience, most either ask, or cast him a sympathetic look before looking anywhere else awkwardly.

--------------------
"Cor! Guess I know where I'm comin' fer breakfast! Er... 'Old da onions on dat burger. Dey're not good fer dogs. An' just ta confirm, are dere nuts in any o' diss? It's just, I'm allergic, is all." Chris queries.
"'Ow did yer know apple pie was me favourite?" Chris grins at Dorothy. "Ya know, if yer gonna make apple pie, yer gonna need an apple. An' I fink I know where ta ge' one. May I?" Chris shows her empty paws and then grabs a napkin from the tray on the table. Spreading the napkin flat, she pulls out a cup from her bag and shows everyone that it's empty, even passing it to Matatabi for inspection. Then, after taking the cup back, she takes a second napkin and flicks with one paw so that it unfolds. Placing the cup upside down in the centre of the first napkin, she covers it with the second napkin and then pulls out a wand. She taps the cup thrice and speaks a few words in an arcane language she devises on the spot before lifting the cup with a flourish to reveal a juicy red apple in the centre of the first napkin.
"Heh, sorry. I never could resist showin' off a bi'."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hey, that tickles!" Frances giggles as her hand disappears. She fights unsuccessfully to appear chastised as Cinzia scolds her.
"Right, sorry, Mom." Suddenly the young woman freezes with her sudsy hands under the water. "I... I... I didn't... I mean..."
"Don't worry." Cinzia took three pans and put the loaves into them, and the pans into the oven. "Another 30 minutes, and we'll see how good you were at making your first bread. Go back to your job once you're done with...Oh, dear me! Almost forgot, how silly!" she took all of the onions that had been prepared...and tossed them into the bin. "Wolves can't eat this stuff as well, Valiant was very clear. We'll do with artificial flavor, much as I detest it. So Frances, when your hands are clean, put the potatoes over the meat, an extra dose of cheese and then the meat again. Repeat until the final layer of cheese is level with the pan's top. And don't hesitate to ask for help, got it? Amadora dear, now let's use some minced meat and artificial onion flavor to make this ragout for the lasagna."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Cor! Guess I know where I'm comin' fer breakfast! Er... 'Old da onions on dat burger. Dey're not good fer dogs. An' just ta confirm, are dere nuts in any o' diss? It's just, I'm allergic, is all." Chris queries.
"'Ow did yer know apple pie was me favourite?" Chris grins at Dorothy. "Ya know, if yer gonna make apple pie, yer gonna need an apple. An' I fink I know where ta ge' one. May I?" Chris shows her empty paws and then grabs a napkin from the tray on the table. Spreading the napkin flat, she pulls out a cup from her bag and shows everyone that it's empty, even passing it to Matatabi for inspection. Then, after taking the cup back, she takes a second napkin and flicks with one paw so that it unfolds. Placing the cup upside down in the centre of the first napkin, she covers it with the second napkin and then pulls out a wand. She taps the cup thrice and speaks a few words in an arcane language she devises on the spot before lifting the cup with a flourish to reveal a juicy red apple in the centre of the first napkin.
"Heh, sorry. I never could resist showin' off a bi'."
Dorothy was delighted at the sight! "Oh, my! So you're a magician as well! The Red Pandas could find your show most interesting, if you do stage stuff." She took the apple and examined it. "It's as beautiful as one of ours...well, one of Applegate's, they are our best providers for the stuff. Anyway, no, we use no onion or garlic for pets when it comes to any preparation. And no nuts of sort: all our food here is fresh or home-made, no industrial process involved.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Moon started bouncing up and down, excited that she was making a new friend. "I lyk to play tag." she said, smiling. She was too busy having fun bouncing to notice the chair or anything else for that matter.
-----------------
Matatabi clapped at Chris's trick. "That was cool. Mind doing another?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Dorothy was delighted at the sight! "Oh, my! So you're a magician as well! The Red Pandas could find your show most interesting, if you do stage stuff." She took the apple and examined it. "It's as beautiful as one of ours...well, one of Applegate's, they are our best providers for the stuff. Anyway, no, we use no onion or garlic for pets when it comes to any preparation. And no nuts of sort: all our food here is fresh or home-made, no industrial process involved.
"hmm, I think I'll have a burger and fries, too. And a slice of pie," Jess ordered.
hypernovatic wrote:Matatabi clapped at Chris's trick. "That was cool. Mind doing another?" he asked.
"Yeah, I'd love to see some more tricks while we wait."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Only Matatabi might have been in the position to have seen Chris slip the apple into the cup with one paw while distracting everyone with the napkin held in the other paw. The spaniel is glad the cat either didn't see or has enough sense not to mention it in front of everyone.
"Oh, I can do all kinds o' magic! Illusion, sleight of hand, mind reading, escapes, card tricks, stage magic, close up magic, teleportation, parlour tricks, you name it, I c'n do it! Most of our big props an' apparatuses should be arrivin' at 'ome any minute now." As Chris talks, a truck passes the diner, revving its engine.
"I reckon dat's dem now. Anyways, if yers all want some magic den I'm only too 'appy ta oblige." Chris rummages in her satchel, trying to decide what trick to do next with what little she has on her.
"What kinda trick do yers wanna see next?"

--------------------
"Tag is fun." Scotty agrees. "Especially when you're chasing that little dot. What other games do you like?"

Back in the kitchen, Frances turns off the tap and dries her hands.
"Er... Right. Potoes, cheese, meat. Potatoes, cheese, meat." she repeats mechanically, building the dish, her mind whirling. How could she have said that? Cinzia is a friend and an old lady, nothing more. She can't think of her as a mother figure... Can she? It would be nice to have an older lady to discuss things with. Every woman needs a mentor after all. Frances had never really had much of a mother or mentor. But what if she trusted Cinzia too much or pestered her too much and drove her away like she had her mother, in her mother's own words? What if Cinzia refused to teach her to cook any more? Wasn't that what her mother had said - that she wished Frances would leave her alone so she could live her life, and that Frances was just underfoot and in the way? Frances doesn't want to be in Cinzia's way or to be a burden like she was to her own mother. Not to mention that Frances had wasted, or nearly wasted plenty of ingredients and other supplies today, and nearly burned down the house. The meatballs, the butter, the tea-towel, the handkerchief in her pocket streaked with mascara, and she just knows something else will go wrong before the day is done. Frances is an unwanted drain on resources, she's sure of it, just like Digby's worse-than-useless colleague, Jones, in her books. Without quite realising it, she begins to cry again.
"I'm Jones!" she mumbles angrily, trying to lay the potatoes straight though the rows are blurred by tears.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Moon's eyes widened at the mention of the dot. "You has the dot? Where is it?" she asked, looking around, expecting to see it.
-----------
Matatabi had noticed Chris putting the apple under the cup but decided not to tell anyone. "Do whatever trick you want."
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Only Matatabi might have been in the position to have seen Chris slip the apple into the cup with one paw while distracting everyone with the napkin held in the other paw. The spaniel is glad the cat either didn't see or has enough sense not to mention it in front of everyone.
"Oh, I can do all kinds o' magic! Illusion, sleight of hand, mind reading, escapes, card tricks, stage magic, close up magic, teleportation, parlour tricks, you name it, I c'n do it! Most of our big props an' apparatuses should be arrivin' at 'ome any minute now." As Chris talks, a truck passes the diner, revving its engine.
"I reckon dat's dem now. Anyways, if yers all want some magic den I'm only too 'appy ta oblige." Chris rummages in her satchel, trying to decide what trick to do next with what little she has on her.
"What kinda trick do yers wanna see next?"
"The only trick I need, is extra time for cooking. If y'all are done, I am going to place the orders."
--------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:Back in the kitchen, Frances turns off the tap and dries her hands.
"Er... Right. Potoes, cheese, meat. Potatoes, cheese, meat." she repeats mechanically, building the dish, her mind whirling. How could she have said that? Cinzia is a friend and an old lady, nothing more. She can't think of her as a mother figure... Can she? It would be nice to have an older lady to discuss things with. Every woman needs a mentor after all. Frances had never really had much of a mother or mentor. But what if she trusted Cinzia too much or pestered her too much and drove her away like she had her mother, in her mother's own words? What if Cinzia refused to teach her to cook any more? Wasn't that what her mother had said - that she wished Frances would leave her alone so she could live her life, and that Frances was just underfoot and in the way? Frances doesn't want to be in Cinzia's way or to be a burden like she was to her own mother. Not to mention that Frances had wasted, or nearly wasted plenty of ingredients and other supplies today, and nearly burned down the house. The meatballs, the butter, the tea-towel, the handkerchief in her pocket streaked with mascara, and she just knows something else will go wrong before the day is done. Frances is an unwanted drain on resources, she's sure of it, just like Digby's worse-than-useless colleague, Jones, in her books. Without quite realising it, she begins to cry again.
"I'm Jones!" she mumbles angrily, trying to lay the potatoes straight though the rows are blurred by tears.
"Jones who?" Cinzia inquired, noticing how suddenly upset her friend was. She gently squeezed Frances' shoulder. "What's the matter, dear? You are doing just fine so far. Please, don't keep yourself all bottled up."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"A-actually, before you go," Will looked at the server with a small smile, "could y-you add a slice of apple pie t-to my order of cranberry juice? I'd l-love to try it."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:"A-actually, before you go," Will looked at the server with a small smile, "could y-you add a slice of apple pie t-to my order of cranberry juice? I'd l-love to try it."
"Consider it done. With our best whipped cream."
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Yeah, uh. I'm not feeling very hungry, so I'll just take some water." Blay said to the server. Blay slouched back in comfort. "Hey Chris, so, exactly how long have you been here in the States?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch hugged Rikki back and chuckled a bit.

"Actually, I asked them just before you got home and they were cool with it, heh," Mitch said.

Borues nodded.

"Understandably. They will suffice. Although we may need some greater help if we are to discover the mystery tomorrow," Borues said, "I will contact the human animal shelter later today. Thank you again though, for keeping an eye out for the ladies for me. I'd ask the pandas, but lordy they'd tease me to death!"