HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

"I guess I'd love to discover if I'm right," Vaiant said. "but we need the gear. Right now, if we were stuck here, it could be quite nasty."
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

IceKitsune wrote:"That would be kind of awesome." Lance said as he peered into the tunnel. "You guys want to find out if its true? I mean if its true it's kind of out of our way and I don't want anyone back at camp to get worried about us." He asked looking around at the group.
Bishop shrugs and looks around the damp tunnel,''Look, if there is even a chance of there being valuables in this place, I say we go back to camp, arm ourselves better, and return for further exploration.''
valerio

Post by valerio »

"A good hunter is never found unprepared," Belisarius added wth a certain solemnity.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch sighed.

"I mean, really, what could happen?" Mitch said, "I doubt there's any traps in this place. And I don't think we'd be able to go all the way anyways. Just a little bit into it wouldn't hurt. I mean, what could happen?"

"He's right, what could?" Borues said from behind the group. He sauntered into the cave, blocking the entrance a bit.

"Even those of us in the know don't know how deep it goes or if and where this leads," he said, folding his arms, "That's the first time that someone's done that though. Nice work there." He added, pointing his nose to the candelabra.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I'm not worried about traps," Valiant said, turning to the bear. "I'm worried about the solidity of the structure. If this is the entrance to a tunnel to the chapel, then there are old beams keeping it stable. And after 200 years of being unkept, I wouldn't bet on those beams."
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

Bishop grins,"coarse,if you plan on exiting on a broken leg, go ahead, I'M going to camp to see what I can salvage"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Perhaps," Borues said, "But so far, the deepest anyone's ever got it's all been natural. You can even hear water running in the walls. Well, gotta get going, good luck at any rate, heh." Borues shuffled off back to the woods.

Mitch just stared after the bear in silence.

"Well, at least we won't be worried about water," Mitch said after a moment, "What do ya say guys? We going really deep or just a little ways?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I think we should vote on that," Valiant said. "All those for exploring a bit rais paw--RIKKI!"
The ferret wae enthusiastically waving high her limb. "What? This is adventure, I'm not made to get bored with prudence!"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Jess grabbed a controller for herself too. "Let's get this game started."
"Alright" Archy said, starting the game.

Nate held his controller and played, mostly tag-teaming with Archy rather than going against him. They'd have the brother's dual later if they survived.
OOC: blegh, college orientation had no internet access...
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

Souske decided to have some fun and jumped from tree to tree coming up behind Nora"Again too easy give me something a bit harder."he said
Not one single person on this earth is perfect,learning to accept that however is a struggle few can understand
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

valerio wrote:"I think we should vote on that," Valiant said. "All those for exploring a bit rais paw--RIKKI!"
The ferret wae enthusiastically waving high her limb. "What? This is adventure, I'm not made to get bored with prudence!"
Bishop rolls his eyes and smirks,"alright, I usually don't go unprepaired, but into the depths I go!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Belisarius sighed. I think I know where this is going..."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Jess grabbed a controller for herself too. "Let's get this game started."
"Alright" Archy said, starting the game.

Nate held his controller and played, mostly tag-teaming with Archy rather than going against him. They'd have the brother's dual later if they survived.
Ian hadn't played video games in a while and it showed.
Heh, I guess it's been a while.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch stuck out his tongue at Belisarius.

"Where's your sense of adventure?" He said, "Come on, only for a little bit at least. It can be a half a day hike. Heh."
valerio

Post by valerio »

The wolf raised his paw. "Val, I know you. You will go with Rikki, like it or not. And I won't leave you."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Seth wrote:
razgriz wrote:"Alright" Archy said, starting the game.

Ian hadn't played video games in a while and it showed.
Heh, I guess it's been a while.
Jess was playing alright, but because Ian was so rusty, it was pretty much a two on one battle. Of course, she lost, but not before dealing some pretty good damage.
"Geez, I do much better when my opponents can't get along."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

The cat and dog smiled. "Woo for geeks!" Nate said, "maybe we should switch to team-matches?"

"After we have our little battle" Archy said as the tie-breaker loaded... In this, he lost to the older and slightly more Wii-Games seasoned cat. "So, team matches?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:The cat and dog smiled. "Woo for geeks!" Nate said, "maybe we should switch to team-matches?"

"After we have our little battle" Archy said as the tie-breaker loaded... In this, he lost to the older and slightly more Wii-Games seasoned cat. "So, team matches?"
I'm down if you guys are.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Sure, I'm cool with whatever."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Alright" Archy said, going into the setup and putting them on teams. Him and Nate for one team, Jess and Ian for the other. "Ready?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Well I'm as ready as I'll ever be.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I hope one round was enough to get the rust out," Jess said to Ian, preparing for the next round.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Alright, lets go" Archy said, starting the game. In game he focused on fighting Ian.

Nate quickly slipped into a lot of fast attacks against Jess.
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

Bishop manages another smile and starts into the darkness, feeling the moist walls and letting the scent of metal hit his nostrils
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: There you are Ace11! ^^ I was gonna send you a pm and was checking the leave and return forum to see if I missed you saying something somewhere. Glad to see ya back!

"Hey Bishop wait up!" Mitch said, keeping up with him.

-----------------------------------------------------

Nora admired Souske's determination.

"Heh, well we don't want to over do it dear," she said, "Let's just keep it to travel mode for now, heh." She hopped away a few more trees keeping in the direction of the chapel.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

"Ok then into the cave it is." He said shaking his head as he followed Mitch and Bishop. The smell of rust and metal hit his nose and he kept his left paw against the wall of the cave as he ventured fourth. The tunnel narrowed a bit as it went pushing the group against each other but it was not enough to make it hard to move forward. "Lets hope it doesn't narrow anymore." Lance said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Ehy, dobie-boy, let Rikki and me go first. We are more expert at exploring and detecting potential problems." the Italian wolfdog started moving at the head of the group, grunting. Rikki had an easier time, being smaller. "Belisarius, stay behind. in case the passage gets narrower, as I fear it will, you must be the first to retreat as smoothly as possible."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch rolled his eyes.

"You'll get no where with that defeatist attitude," he said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valiant shook his head. "First of all, according to records, these tunnels are supposed to provide a sneak way out for the animals and, again, they are old and unkept. I may be wrong, but I prefer to rely on what I know rather than charging in an uncharted territory. Second, we don't know if there are ferals inhabiting this place. Rikki and I are combat-trained. Third, i suggest you stay with Bel, to cover our rear with your weapon. In case of retreat, your arrows could turn useful to distract a potential threat."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:"Alright, lets go" Archy said, starting the game. In game he focused on fighting Ian.

Nate quickly slipped into a lot of fast attacks against Jess.
Ian was starting to remember the controls but he was still mostly useless.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Jess was doing a bit better with Ian helping out a bit, but their team still got their butts kicked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"VICTORY!" Archy said as he laughed and playfully stuck his tongue out, "so... what next? Change up the teams, change games or go out and do something else?"
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

IceKitsune wrote:"Ok then into the cave it is." He said shaking his head as he followed Mitch and Bishop. The smell of rust and metal hit his nose and he kept his left paw against the wall of the cave as he ventured fourth. The tunnel narrowed a bit as it went pushing the group against each other but it was not enough to make it hard to move forward. "Lets hope it doesn't narrow anymore." Lance said.
Bishop manages to squeeze his body into the tight space he was given as well as the others, muttering to himself,I hope lance is strong enough to pull me from this hole of I get stuck... or imma be like those things in the bun.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, first of all, I left my crossbow at the cabins," Mitch said, "And secondly, I think we'd be able to smell the ferals first. Besides, this cave smells pretty clean. And, hey Bishop wait. I'm smaller so I'll go through." He got in front of him and passed through the narraw space. On the other side, the passage way seemed to widen.
Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

Souske followed Nora hoping that they would get to wherever they were going soon
Not one single person on this earth is perfect,learning to accept that however is a struggle few can understand
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:"Ehy, dobie-boy, let Rikki and me go first. We are more expert at exploring and detecting potential problems." the Italian wolfdog started moving at the head of the group, grunting. Rikki had an easier time, being smaller. "Belisarius, stay behind. in case the passage gets narrower, as I fear it will, you must be the first to retreat as smoothly as possible."
Lance looked back at the Wolfdog and nodded it was a good point that's for sure. "You have a point their." He said sliding back past them calling over to Bishop "Hey let them go first it will be easier that way."
valerio

Post by valerio »

As Valiant had suspected, the tunnel was made to crawl. It was narrowing dangerously, and he didn't know if someone among the others suffered from claustrophobia... "Guys, I think we really should get some spelunking gear here. This--"
"Boss, have a look here," Rikki said, and her tone made his hackles raise.
"Everyone stop," the wolfdog said. "Rikki, what's up?" All he could see in front of himself was...a series of fragments encased in the rock. Like broken teeth from a granite mouth.
Rikki, a somber expression on her face, handed Valiant a piece of those fragments. "Boss, tell me this is not what I fear it is."
Valiant examined the shard. An irregular square fragment, on which a row of letters was carved.
ABRAC
ABRA
ABR
AB
A
And the Italian wolf felt his blood turn into pure ice.
"Abracadabra," he muttered, then, forcing himself to sound and look calm, he said, "Everyone crawl back. Now. Rikki, use the phone's LM camera and take some shots of the pit."
Last edited by valerio on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"What?" Mitch said annoyed, he was bout ready to run into there and go ahead himself.
WhiskeyMutt

Post by WhiskeyMutt »

OOC: gonna be wihout internet for a couple days, going to meet some donors in favor of my artwork, can someone take over Bishop for me whilst im gone?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:"VICTORY!" Archy said as he laughed and playfully stuck his tongue out, "so... what next? Change up the teams, change games or go out and do something else?"
Well I don't really have any plans for today, I'm down for whatever.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz