HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"hmm," Jess thought for a moment. "Well, it'll probably take some time to get used to the change. But it may help to talk and hang around with other, non-K9 pets." She gestured to the group of others.
Looking over at the other pets for a moment. "You are most likely correct. " he states flatly, yet makes no move yet to actually go over there. His attention drifting to annother animal present. More of those strange raccoons... Is that the same one I saw earlier?

"What are those animals?" he wonders aloud, though low enough to barely be audible.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko looked at all of the others, he looked down at his burger, there was much left of it. "You would all be right if I could even play it right." He quickly wolfed down the rest of his burger, definitely not what he wanted to do, but he enjoyed it. He wiped his paws together as he forced down the extra large bite. He grabbed his harmonica and looked it over, he already knew some of the chambers were a little messed up. But he gave a quick blow into it, forcing the remaining pepper out of it. He relooked at the others, "So you really want to hear me embarrass myself?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:"What are those animals?" he wonders aloud, though low enough to barely be audible.
"Do you mean the red pandas?" Jess asked, whispering in case Bowser didn't want anyone hearing.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Civilization wrote:Meeko looked at all of the others, he looked down at his burger, there was much left of it. "You would all be right if I could even play it right." He quickly wolfed down the rest of his burger, definitely not what he wanted to do, but he enjoyed it. He wiped his paws together as he forced down the extra large bite. He grabbed his harmonica and looked it over, he already knew some of the chambers were a little messed up. But he gave a quick blow into it, forcing the remaining pepper out of it. He relooked at the others, "So you really want to hear me embarrass myself?"
Blay straitened in his chair. "Only if you want to." He said, half-smiling.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Do you mean the red pandas?" Jess asked, whispering in case Bowser didn't want anyone hearing.
"Is that what they're called? I would have guessed some form of racoon..." Bowser explains, keeping his voice low. He's watching the panda that seemed to be observing him out of the corner of his eye. "I ran into one earlier, and I suspect he has been following me."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'm not sure why he would be," Jess wondered aloud. "Maybe he wants to be friends?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Please don't kill him. Mitch thought with a grimace.
Antario tapped his bell staff on the floor 3 times again. He then reached into his back pack, picking out 2 books. They were red in color and skillfully hand made. They were roughly the size of a large sketching notebook. Only they had 200 pages. He held them out to Belisarius.
"Now, this is the way this works. Herein contains all the things we deem acceptable for couples to do while engaged and before their ceremonies. While all these are lawful and acceptable under Mun, you MAY have to perform a penance offering under some circumstances. Now. These are over watch copies, and not as thick as the couple's copies. But they still contain the same information. While these contain everything WE deem acceptable, some people, and visitors, have sensitivities," Antario said, pausing, "This is the job of the overwatch. They have a week to review. They mark an x on the pages they don't want to see what the couple does when they are in the same public space. Then we meet at the shrine tower in a week for review. The couples agree to behave according to the overwatch's demands, and you are found acceptable in the eyes of our people. Visitors and strangers and parents or relatives are sensitive. This is to teach couples to be sensitive and understanding. Belisarius."
"Hand these to your overwatch," Antario said. Then a Bath lady, one with the pink carnation in her ear, took out another two copies and handed them towards Valiant.
"Valiant. Since you are blessed to have your parents among us, they are automatically your overwatch. Please hand these to them," she said, smiling.
Mitch found himself looking at Amadora. Almost pleading with his eyes for her to be kind. All the while still fidgeting with embarrassment.
Valiant managed to keep a solemn expression as he passed the books to his humans.
Elio addressed the panda. "Rest assured, uh, Sir?, that we will always make sure that our kids behave properly in public. Where I come from, etiquette is an important principle."
Amadora nodded to the panda. "We will consult the books, although it must be clear that shoul my brother embarrass the pack once again, the consequences shall be dire."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Earlier: Borues meandered his way through the neighborhood. Getting to the highway that led to the vet. He moved fast because of his bear speed. However, he was met by a curiously dressed red panda in a dark green hood decked with weapons, including a rifle. He paused.

"Can I help you?" He said to the figure. It grinned.

"Actually, yes," he replied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Good, good, I have no doubt it should prove no trouble," Antario said to Elio.

"I sincerely hope it should not come to that," Antario said to Amadora.

"Now, the couple may take these," Antario said, pointing to two of the larger books. Burned on the covers were two silhouette wolf heads in a yin yang, "They may flip through them briefly while we address the other couple. But don't run off and enjoy them just yet."

"HAI!" Said Nestlie as she shook the staff of tags over Amadora's head. She then quickly ran to Elio and shook it over his head.

"HAI!" She said. She then did the same to Valiant.

"HAI! HAI! HEE!" She went. Then she circled the room shaking the staff, finally standing next to Antario. A few giggles emitted from the pandas present. Antario nodded.

"Thank you Nestlie-san. As serious as this is, it is generally not to be turned into a downer. Now," And this, he pointed at Mitch and waved his finger at him to come here. Mitch took a deep breath and, taking Rikki's paw, led them both to stand before the shaman.

"Our turn," he said quietly to Rikki.

"Mitch Grandestaffe and Rikki Leone. Because you have both agreed to be wedded under the site of Mun and in her presence, there are a few things Mun desires of you. One of these is these books. Herein there is contained the facts of life and what behavior is allowed by the grace of Mun that couples may do," Antario continued, trying to make the speech different, "However, not everyone follows Mun. Nor does everyone have the same sensitivities of we wild ferals. While you may do everything allowed in these books, others may not think such things should be done in public. And Mun asks us to be sensitive towards others." He paused a moment.

Mitch shuffled his feet all the more. Trying not to look too nervous.

"We are blessed today. For it is not every day that a couples parents get two sets of these books. These smaller books are for your parents. They are asked to look through them, and make a mark on what they do NOT want to see their couple doing, then at the end of a week, review their choices with their couples at the shrine for instruction," Antario said, taking a breath, then he handed Mitch two of the smaller books, "Mitch Grandestaffe, present these to your parents." He then tapped his bell staff three times and addressed Rikki, waiting a moment before speaking.

"Rikki Leone, even though you are not a professed follower of Mun, your fiance is. So, as a kindness unto and as a love towards him, we kindly ask you to be obedient to the ceremonies," he said, handing her her two copies, "Please present these to your parents. Then afterwards, you both may take your books. But don't run off with them just yet."

Mitch nervously handed his parents their books. His mother hugged him and smiled, wiping a tear away.

"We CAN still say yes to everything, right bro?" Benjamin said with a grin. Antario nodded. Mitch blushed as he grabbed his book.

"Dad," Mitch begged.

"Oh but of course, we are endangered. And any proliferation helps better than none," he said, grinning. Mitch turned redder.

"Uncle," he whined.

On Mitch's and Rikki's covers, there were the heads of a panda and a ferret in silhouette style on the cover. Mitch didn't dare flip through his. Antario then waited for Rikki.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The red panda simply said no thanks to Cris and addressed Jess and Bowser.

"Actually, I've been with my patrol all day, thank you," he said, "Name's Michael. Anti-stray patrol in conjunction with Animal Control." He then pointed to Bowser.

"I like where you sat. It says intelligence. We are always looking for good aim, noses, and smarts to sign up and patrol with us," Micheal said, "If you don't mind me asking, were you trained to shoot?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki gave her copies to her humans. "Father and mother, I promise I will respect your choices, but one thing I must learn if I am to complete my path into becoming part of the Grandstaffe village: I must learn the ways of their religion, their divinities and spirits. Please give me your blessing though I know it must be hard--" She was interrupted by a hand raised by Elio.
"Daughter, we knew this moment would come the moment you set your eyes on Mitch, the moment we started accepting the pandas in our family. Yes, it is difficult for me to accept you embrancing this new faith, but you are no longer a cub: You have a new, wonderful life ahead, and I trust your choices and your better judgment. So, please go if you need to, and learn everything you need to be the best wife for your warrior." He then addressed Antario. "I am Elio Leone, the head of this family, and my kids have my blessing."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko smiled at Blay and tried to think of a song or even a string of notes that he could pull off. He wasn't paying attention to much but the one thing that did get through to him was "Anti-stray patrol". He notably stiffed up and got real worried, quickly looking around at the others before forcing himself to calm down. He looked at Chris, thanking whatever bit of luck he had to find her before they found him. He realized he was gripping his harmonica hard, still not having calmed down all the way.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm not sure why he would be," Jess wondered aloud. "Maybe he wants to be friends?"
"I suspect that question is about to be answered." Bowser stated, gesturing slightly towards the approaching stranger.
xhunterko wrote:"Actually, I've been with my patrol all day, thank you," he said, "Name's Michael. Anti-stray patrol in conjunction with Animal Control." He then pointed to Bowser.
"I see." bowser stated, monotone. "Bowser Preston, Former contraband officer." He added with a nod, his words coming slightly more naturally around one who appeared to be an officer of sorts.
I apparently need more practice telling these pandas apart.
Hmmm. I'll need to learn more of their scents so i can compare them, figure out what to look for.

xhunterko wrote:"I like where you sat. It says intelligence. We are always looking for good aim, noses, and smarts to sign up and patrol with us," Micheal said, "If you don't mind me asking, were you trained to shoot?"
"No. K-9s from my precinct were never issued fire arms so there was no need. We were trained for hand-to-hand." He stated rather matter-of-fact-ly, before his mood soured. Breaking eye contact and grumbling slightly as he spoke. "...and were I still good enough, I would be there. You don't need someone like me."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris is lost in thought as something occurs to her so she doesn't hear Meeko's question.
"Music... Magic... How does that song go?" She hums a few bars to herself and then breaks into song, clicking her paws with the rhythm. She has a fine alto voice, although she doesn't think so herself and despite not admitting it she loves singing. It's not long before she's completely carried away, singing "Do You Believe In Magic?". After she finishes the song, she coughs self-consciously and looks shyly at Meeko.
"Erm... Sorry, Meeko. I didn't mean to steal your thunder. Erm... Did you say something before?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:"No. K-9s from my precinct were never issued fire arms so there was no need. We were trained for hand-to-hand." He stated rather matter-of-fact-ly, before his mood soured. Breaking eye contact and grumbling slightly as he spoke. "...and were I still good enough, I would be there. You don't need someone like me."
"Whatever reason you can't be an officer anymore," Jess tried reassuring Bowser. "It doesn't have to mean you aren;t good enough to patrol a fairly peaceful town. A lot of retired police men and women get jobs as security guards."
"Besides," she continued, "Patrolling with the Red Pandas may be just the thing you need to adjust to civilian life."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko looked back at Chris, trying still to relax he wouldn't be in danger anymore but it was still something to get used to being around. "Didn't realize I had thunder about me." He smiled and chuckled a bit, "Don't worry, it was nothing. That, what you just did, was pretty amazing though." Still smiling and slightly chuckling to relax himself.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay smiled as he listened to Chris sing. "Man, that's a old song." He said after she was done. "That song is like... exactly 50 years old now!" Blay said as he thought about it.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Very good," Antario said, nodding to Elio.

Antario then put a paw on one of Rikki's cheek.

"My dear young lady, I'm sure you have the best of intentions, however," he said, switching the pat to a horizontal finger, "As you of all should know, switching faiths is not a thing to be taken lightly. And Mun requires us to follow her of our own volition. Not because the timing is convenient or because we want to be normal for someone else. We will discuss your faith later when your feelings are correct, but not at this time. Now."

"HAI!" Shouted Nestlie shaking the ghost tag staff over Rikki's head. Antario then stood back in the center of the group again and tapping the bell staff 3 times.

"Gather round children," he said, and Mitch took Rikki's paw and set them in front of the shaman. Motioning for Bel and Val to do the same. Mitch wrapped an arm around Rikki and leaned into her a little bit. He was still mostly nervous. But had largely calmed down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael nodded and put his free hand on his hip.

"She's right you know. You are hardly not useful," he said, tapping Bowser's nose, "That still works don't it? And besides, you'd bring something none of us else have. A strong sense of professionalism. And you've dealt with civilians before, which would help us integrate better. We've a mark at 2 o'clock, and firing training at the village in an hour. I think it'd do well for you to help us with both. Also, we move fast."

He was interrupted by the waiter approaching with Bowser's dish. Michael took the segway.

"Be there in an hour, you KNOW you want to," he said, heading back to his seat.

"Anything to drink sir?" the diner boy Dave said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Very good," Antario said, nodding to Elio.
Antario then put a paw on one of Rikki's cheek.
"My dear young lady, I'm sure you have the best of intentions, however," he said, switching the pat to a horizontal finger, "As you of all should know, switching faiths is not a thing to be taken lightly. And Mun requires us to follow her of our own volition. Not because the timing is convenient or because we want to be normal for someone else. We will discuss your faith later when your feelings are correct, but not at this time. Now."
"HAI!" Shouted Nestlie shaking the ghost tag staff over Rikki's head. Antario then stood back in the center of the group again and tapping the bell staff 3 times.
"Gather round children," he said, and Mitch took Rikki's paw and set them in front of the shaman. Motioning for Bel and Val to do the same. Mitch wrapped an arm around Rikki and leaned into her a little bit. He was still mostly nervous. But had largely calmed down.
Valiant leaned against belisarius, mirroring Mitch's pose. "Puppies?"
"Cubs. Real cubs. Tell you later."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Whatever reason you can't be an officer anymore," Jess tried reassuring Bowser. "It doesn't have to mean you aren;t good enough to patrol a fairly peaceful town. A lot of retired police men and women get jobs as security guards."
"Besides," she continued, "Patrolling with the Red Pandas may be just the thing you need to adjust to civilian life."
xhunterko wrote:Michael nodded and put his free hand on his hip.

"She's right you know. You are hardly not useful," he said, tapping Bowser's nose, "That still works don't it? And besides, you'd bring something none of us else have. A strong sense of professionalism. And you've dealt with civilians before, which would help us integrate better. We've a mark at 2 o'clock, and firing training at the village in an hour. I think it'd do well for you to help us with both. Also, we move fast."

He was interrupted by the waiter approaching with Bowser's dish. Michael took the segway.

"Be there in an hour, you KNOW you want to," he said, heading back to his seat.

"Anything to drink sir?" the diner boy Dave said.
Through the majority of Michael's comments, Bowser had remained quiet. Truth be told, he was right, but the old police dog still couldn't quite get his head around the idea of being in the position he was if he was still useful. Then there was the question of the village he had mentioned. Where was that? Hopefully Jess knew.
"Just water, Thank you." Bowser answered the waiter, Once it was just himself and jess again, "I don't suppose you know where the village he was referring to is?" he asked before starting on his sanwich.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Albert leaned forward in his chair so he was as close to the centre of the table as possible. He began to whisper in a low tone, 'Sorry to burst bubbles, but I've been trying to listen in on the conversation going on with ummm... errrr... I can't remember her name.' Albert face-pawed himself before continuing. 'Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I think we may be in for some trouble if we don't shift ourselves soon.'
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: And finished with that sequence

"Now, my dears, listen to an old man," Antario said, "Mun gives us children as the joys of our lives. When those children grow up and become spouses and have children of their own, it's an even greater joy. We old ones go the way of the earth and dirt and are gathered unto our fathers and leave the earth to you to replenish and fill with joy once again. You two have requested to be sanctioned under Mun together so heed this. The one thing Mun requires of a husband or wife is to love his or her husband or wife. The one thing Mun requires of a wife or husband is to love her or his wife or husband. If ye but follow this simple rule for your marriage, then Mun will bless you accordingly. And may she bless you with many offspring and much love for one another. It will get hard, yes, and there will be dark days, yes, and there will even be trouble, yes. That is common to any union. But the one thing Mun requires of your relationship, is you love one another throughout it all. Mun, I ask you bless these couples who have turned their hearts towards one another." He then tapped the bell staff three times.

"Now, I could marry you right now, however! Mun asks of patience, and abstinence(if it can be helped, of course), and long suffering, so you are not yet married in the sight of Mun, but within the space of a month, as you have made clear, you will be," Antario said, "Now, you are to study your books with one another, however, you are given a space of about an hour of free time with them and your spouse to see what you are getting into. Now-*" And here he was interrupted. A female red panda with a red carnation in her hair pulled two books from under the easy chair with panda faces blazed on them with a smile.

"WAIT A MINUTE! We have TWO more!" she said gleefully. Antario put a hand on his hip.

"I was JUST about to finish, oh, oh yes of course, carry on," he said. Then she went to Mitch's parents.

"As parents to be again, you have a lot to look forward to. And a lot to learn! The Bath Ladies grant you these to look through, please take them!" She said with a smile.

"Oh come on, we don't-*" Benjamin tried to say before being whacked on the head with a spoon by the older bath lady.

"Jeeze sis, fine," he said, Nora simply chuckled and took her copy as Benjamin took his. Antario shook his head and sighed.

"Now, as I was saying, Mun knows we all have weaknesses and desires, and thus, we are given this free hour, but note, this hour is still not free from penance penalties," Antario said, then he tapped his staff 3 times, "Now, you may go, and are free with each other for an hour, after which, you are expected to study." Mitch turned to his dad.

"Um, do you still want me to," he said, before being cut off.

"Oh go on, someone is in charge, go on," he said. Then Mitch hugged his parents, and his parents hugged Rikki.

"Come on!" he said to her, grabbing her hand and running them up to her room. Once inside, he hugged her tightly. Rocking back and forth, shaking nervously.

"I love you," he said to her.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"And I love you. And I promise you, I will do my best to respect Mun and be part of your wonderful family."
Valiant, still smiling like a dope, was almost dragging Belisarius toward the pack. "Cubs? Wolf cubs? How we are supposed to--"
Belisarius managed to guide him toward the white-crested female. "There's your answer: Aurelia has just gotten pregnant, and that's another reasonwe decided to came here: We wanted a place to raise more cubs rather than let nature do the choice for us."
Valiant's question left his mouth before his brain connected to it. "Oh, congratulations, Aurelia, but who's the father?"
"A dead father," the female answered. "Broken legs during hunt."
The wolfdog blushed and lowered his head and ears. "I'm sorry. My condolescences. But I promise you, we'll be good parents to the cubs."
Aurelia sighed. "That I know: A dedicated couple and a safe den work miracles. You'll only have to wait after they are ready to wean before taking them into full custody, but even before that you'll have to be present every day to get them acquainted to your presence."
Valiant looked at the she-wolf's womb as if it was the world's most precious treasure chest. "Oh, believe me. You will have to kick us away from time to time--" He frowned. "That came out bad, did it?"
Bel petted his mate's head. "I know you mean well, pup. But wait a moment..." then he walked to Antario and bowed to him. "Revered one, will be there any special ceremonial blessing for the little ones as well? Something to ward them from evil and granting them good hunt?"
Valiant, after throwing a last glance at Aurelia, walked toward Scotty. "Sorry for the interruption. Now I'm all yours, what did you ask me? What else can I do for you?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:Through the majority of Michael's comments, Bowser had remained quiet. Truth be told, he was right, but the old police dog still couldn't quite get his head around the idea of being in the position he was if he was still useful. Then there was the question of the village he had mentioned. Where was that? Hopefully Jess knew.
"Just water, Thank you." Bowser answered the waiter, Once it was just himself and jess again, "I don't suppose you know where the village he was referring to is?" he asked before starting on his sanwich.
"It's in the woods," Jess answered. "I can take you there if you want."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's okay. I-" Scotty stops typing and turns his face away from Valerio to sneeze. Interestingly this and snoring are now the loudest sounds he can make."
"Sorry. Where was I? Oh yeah. I get how important that stuff is to you. It was interesting to watch anyway. I was asking before what else your arm can do since I never expected it to have a phone in it. I joked about you being like Inspector Gadget." Scotty suddenly realises something and hastens to type more.
"Only you're much smarter and cleverer than him, I'm sure." he grins sheepishly.

--------------------
"Heh. Fanks. But it really wasn't dat good. I'm a terrible singer. Trouble, Albert? What do ya mean, trouble?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh. Fanks. But it really wasn't dat good. I'm a terrible singer. Trouble, Albert? What do ya mean, trouble?"
Albert leaned closer to Chris. 'Well, I heard something about an anti-stray patrol and firing training. Given the lack of collars around here it doesn't sound like we should be staying to find out what it all actually means.' ALbert leaned back a bit. 'I don't suppose any of you actual know who these lot are?'
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star leaned in closer to the others to address Albert's worries, "I don't know who they are, but if they are allowed something that shoots and just the way he held himself, more professional than any human on stray duty I've seen, they'll be a problem for strays. So, yea, let's hope they only look for dangerous strays and don't intend to take every last one they see."

Star glanced around, almost nervously, "That or we can split in hopes of keeping our buddies from the kennel."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko chuckled at the other's conversation, "You'll all be fine, even if they take you in your owners will get you right back out." He leaned in after that, "Besides, why let that wreck our fun here, as soon as we leave they'll probably just follow us right outside and stop us there." He sat back and looked at all of the other's food, "So enjoy that food you have, and don't you still have to pay for it anyways?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"It's in the woods," Jess answered. "I can take you there if you want."
"It would be appreciated... but I wouldn't be diverting you from other plans, I hope?" Waiting for her answer he picks up the sanwich and takes a bite. It seems the paperboy was right, it is rather good.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"It's okay. I-" Scotty stops typing and turns his face away from Valerio to sneeze. Interestingly this and snoring are now the loudest sounds he can make."
"Sorry. Where was I? Oh yeah. I get how important that stuff is to you. It was interesting to watch anyway. I was asking before what else your arm can do since I never expected it to have a phone in it. I joked about you being like Inspector Gadget." Scotty suddenly realises something and hastens to type more.
"Only you're much smarter and cleverer than him, I'm sure." he grins sheepishly.
Valiant blushed slightly. "Heh, wish I were." *Had* he been smarter than Inspector Gadget, he'd have foreseen that he was being lured in a trap, that fateful night that costed him his arm... "But let's see what we have here... Been a long time since I used this gizmo..." His flesh finger ran over the artificial paw's back, pressed it -and *snap* it came open like a lid, revealing a small keyboard with strange symbols. "Here it is! They told me my arm is Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and I can interface with other gizmos thanks to this keyboard. Nifty, eh?" Then he gave Scotty a pat on the leg with his good paw. "And hey, for how much this marriage thing is important to me, my friends will be always as much important. By the way, you and your human are invited of course."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:"It would be appreciated... but I wouldn't be diverting you from other plans, I hope?" Waiting for her answer he picks up the sanwich and takes a bite. It seems the paperboy was right, it is rather good.
"I didn't have anything planned," Jess answered. "And what could be more important than helping a new friend?" she wagged a bit as she ended that question.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The waiter brought Bowser his water. Then walked over to the pandas, and then the pets, with their bills. Michael wrote the check while the others started playing craps. Still, occasionally, looking over towards Meeko.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch let go of Rikki after squeezing her tightly one more time.

"So," he said, holding his book out, "Care to see what's got me so riled up? Or do you just want to hang out?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Only upon parental request, of course," Antario replied, "There is a sprinkling and an offering given by the parents."

"Master Leone, a moment alone, if you please?" Benjamin said to Elio. The other pandas slowly started filing out. Waving their good byes to the wolves and the others. Nestlie-san stayed behind.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch let go of Rikki after squeezing her tightly one more time.
"So," he said, holding his book out, "Care to see what's got me so riled up? Or do you just want to hang out?"
"Are you kidding? I'm a girl, I won't leave you in peace until you show me."
----
xhunterko wrote:"Only upon parental request, of course," Antario replied, "There is a sprinkling and an offering given by the parents."
Belisarius looked a little disappointed. "Oh. I mean, we do that sort of thing, it's an important ritual to the newborn. But we hoped we could have an additional blessing by Mu given by you.
xhunterko wrote:"Master Leone, a moment alone, if you please?" Benjamin said to Elio. The other pandas slowly started filing out. Waving their good byes to the wolves and the others. Nestlie-san stayed behind.
[/quote]
The human led Benjamin and Nestlie-san toward the piano room. "What can I do to help, Chief Benjamin?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch tapped her on the nose.

"Incorrect, you are a woman, and woman," Mitch said, flipping through the pages til he found what she wanted to do earlier, "Behold your desire!"

The images in the book were realistic, detailed, technical, and beautiful. Shown in vibrant full color. The book also was tailored towards Rikki and Mitch.

"The Bath Ladies d-did a wonderful j-job, d-didn't they, heh," Mitch said, stammering a bit.
Antario put a hand on one hip.

"And that is how we do the thing. I think a lot of rituals are more common then you'd realize," Antario said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benjamin put a finger to mouth before speaking.

"It is in my understanding, that you intend to have us over for tonight?" Benjamin asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch tapped her on the nose.
"Incorrect, you are a woman, and woman," Mitch said, flipping through the pages til he found what she wanted to do earlier, "Behold your desire!"
The images in the book were realistic, detailed, technical, and beautiful. Shown in vibrant full color. The book also was tailored towards Rikki and Mitch.
"The Bath Ladies d-did a wonderful j-job, d-didn't they, heh," Mitch said, stammering a bit.
Rikki's tail swished as she browsed the textbook. She was grinning ear to ear...and also blushing a bit. "Ohh, poor my parents, they were definitely *not* raised to read as such material. Know what? I think Dad will just let us free to act like a decent couple, hehe."
xhunterko wrote:Antario put a hand on one hip.
"And that is how we do the thing. I think a lot of rituals are more common then you'd realize," Antario said.
Belisarius looked more at ease now. "Thank you so much, revered shaman. We really want this union between pack and tribe to work at the best for our future generations."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:Benjamin put a finger to mouth before speaking.
"It is in my understanding, that you intend to have us over for tonight?" Benjamin asked.
Elio nodded, though he looked a bit doubtful now. Well, that was the intention at first...before having to arrange for a pack of wolves as well. But Caesar told me that they don't need the guest room, so...yes, the offer is still valid, if you don't have a problem with us being, well, overbooked."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, you'll be fine, Albert. Yer no' a stray no more an' yer clearly a pet wiv yer scarf. Plus yer've got us ta vouch fer ya. An' I fink dat guy's wiv Mitch. If 'e's part o' th' tribe den we'll 'ave no problems." the spaniel encourages confidently.

--------------------
The cat is puzzled at the dog's statement regarding the Inspector but decides it's best not to ask. The dog will explain if and when he's ready. In the meantime Scotty is distracted by the arm and the patting.
"Sweet! Sounds useful! I bet Rikki's had a field day with it!" he enthuses before turning more serious. "You know, it's odd being paralysed. I can see you patting me but I can't feel it at all. I know I should be able to but there's absolutely no sensation. I'm not sure what's weirder, that or nothing happening when I try to move my legs and tail..." He thinks for a moment before registering the invitation.
"Wow. Thank you! We'd love to come! I'll have to see if I still have my suit somewhere. I was... I was going to wear it for Frances' and Michael's wedding. I haven't worn it since the interment. It'll be good to have some nice memories with it again. Hmm... Have you any idea how different this will be to a traditional Western-style wedding? Is a suit even appropriate attire or should I have something more... Tribal?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:The cat is puzzled at the dog's statement regarding the Inspector but decides it's best not to ask. The dog will explain if and when he's ready. In the meantime Scotty is distracted by the arm and the patting.
"Sweet! Sounds useful! I bet Rikki's had a field day with it!" he enthuses before turning more serious. "You know, it's odd being paralysed. I can see you patting me but I can't feel it at all. I know I should be able to but there's absolutely no sensation. I'm not sure what's weirder, that or nothing happening when I try to move my legs and tail..." He thinks for a moment before registering the invitation.
"Wow. Thank you! We'd love to come! I'll have to see if I still have my suit somewhere. I was... I was going to wear it for Frances' and Michael's wedding. I haven't worn it since the interment. It'll be good to have some nice memories with it again. Hmm... Have you any idea how different this will be to a traditional Western-style wedding? Is a suit even appropriate attire or should I have something more... Tribal?"
Valiant thought about it, instinctively tilting his head. "Erm, dunno, but know what? I'll be dressing the classic, westerner fashion unless differently ordered. And with some luck, you'll be able to be standing during the ceremony. So, I expect you to look great in your outfit. I just hope I won't have to dance at the rythim of some wild drum. I am such a terrible dancer..."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I didn't have anything planned," Jess answered. "And what could be more important than helping a new friend?" she wagged a bit as she ended that question.
Bowser was about to respond with a list of about twenty or so obscure procedures he could think of, just off the top of his head, before remembering that they didn't really apply to him anymore. Leaving him looking as if he has something to say, but not actually saying anything. After an awkward minute or so of trying to think of an example that doesn't come from a procedural manual, he mutters something about strange questions without answers, before settling on just saying "Thank you, Miss Jessica." His attention still at least partially on his food all the while.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The book wasn't ALL that bad. It was about 5% religious, 35% what could be called adult, 35% allocated to allowed innuendos and insinuations, the rest mostly educational. It also had instructions for the Rose Dance. Which, was a more adult, slow version of Tango. With all it's implications. The last few pages focused on the consequences of all the showed activity. Which, oddly enough, was Mitch's favorite part of the book!

"Heh heh, honestly that'd be fine with me unless you want to change that, heh. MY dad will undoubtedly say everything is okay for us in the village. Did you grab your copy?" Mitch said.

Nestlie got a look from Benjamin and exited the room. Saying her goodbyes.

"Sorry, but alone meant alone. It is not a problem. However, and I do hope you will not be offended, but allow me a moment," he said, stroking his chin, "We have, been given, so many blessings, barring what happened this morning, but, so much more good has happened to out way the bad. And we have become relaxed, and eased, and have, almost forgotten our trial and tribulation, I think. That, to some degree, is bad. So tonight, I have something else planned. You humans call it a memorial service. We haven't had one since we settled ourselves. And I think, that before we begin all the celebrations, that there should be at least one night of remembrance and acknowledgements. Do you agree?"
Nora walked behind Valiant and whispered in his ear.

"We promise not to laugh too hard when you fumble the steps, future son in law," she said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:The book wasn't ALL that bad. It was about 5% religious, 35% what could be called adult, 35% allocated to allowed innuendos and insinuations, the rest mostly educational. It also had instructions for the Rose Dance. Which, was a more adult, slow version of Tango. With all it's implications. The last few pages focused on the consequences of all the showed activity. Which, oddly enough, was Mitch's favorite part of the book!
"Heh heh, honestly that'd be fine with me unless you want to change that, heh. MY dad will undoubtedly say everything is okay for us in the village. Did you grab your copy?" Mitch said.
Rikki was already browsing through her copy. "You know, this may be the first time I get actually so deep in touch with another culture. Everything here looks so...exotic, cool. And this 'Dance of the Roses'..Can't wait to learn each step. Can you dance it already? Or are we allowed to take lessons?"
xhunterko wrote:Nora walked behind Valiant and whispered in his ear.
"We promise not to laugh too hard when you fumble the steps, future son in law," she said.
"I will be needing lessons, too" Belisarius said while studying the Dance's moves, ears lowered at the thought of a very embarrassing moment in the near future. "I'm such a klutz sometimes."
Valiant blew him a kiss. "Relax, you big puppy. You know you can do great when you focus. The pandas told me of when you helped them hunt.Just think of me as your prey to be held strong."
xhunterko wrote:Nestlie got a look from Benjamin and exited the room. Saying her goodbyes.
"Sorry, but alone meant alone. It is not a problem. However, and I do hope you will not be offended, but allow me a moment," he said, stroking his chin, "We have, been given, so many blessings, barring what happened this morning, but, so much more good has happened to out way the bad. And we have become relaxed, and eased, and have, almost forgotten our trial and tribulation, I think. That, to some degree, is bad. So tonight, I have something else planned. You humans call it a memorial service. We haven't had one since we settled ourselves. And I think, that before we begin all the celebrations, that there should be at least one night of remembrance and acknowledgements. Do you agree?"
Elio nodded, looking quite serious. "I am of a generation that saw and lived the war on their skins. We lived through countless and long sufferances and loss. I know what you mean and I will be very happy to help you any way I can."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"The only way I can ask of your help is simply to ask that you not be offended when we say we can not come tonight. For a service such as this requires some time," Benjamin said, "Perhaps tomorrow night is all right with you?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course, but, there's this, this, this, and finally this," Mitch said, pointing at certain places where the dance got naughty. He held out a hand, blushing, "I can teach you too. That's my job. Except, of course, for the last last step, that's for after the ceremony. We are allowed though, to practice the steps."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nora laughed.

"Oh you two, you worry too much," she said waving a paw, "However, you'll need to be learning your own dance, should you care to take it after the ceremony of course."
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please remember forum ratings.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"The only way I can ask of your help is simply to ask that you not be offended when we say we can not come tonight. For a service such as this requires some time," Benjamin said, "Perhaps tomorrow night is all right with you?"
"No problems from me. We'll be at your disposal, whatever you might need."
xhunterko wrote:"Of course, but, there's this, this, this, and finally this," Mitch said, pointing at certain places where the dance got naughty. He held out a hand, blushing, "I can teach you too. That's my job. Except, of course, for the last last step, that's for after the ceremony. We are allowed though, to practice the steps."
She accepted the offer and let his paw grab hers. "I'll be learning all the way. We will rock the floor and the room."
xhunterko wrote:Nora laughed.
"Oh you two, you worry too much," she said waving a paw, "However, you'll need to be learning your own dance, should you care to take it after the ceremony of course."
Belisarius grinned. "Oh, Rikki, I don't know if there will be any room *left* after Val and I will rock it."