HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by Hlaoroo »

Frances does as instructed and loads up the table, pausing to ruffle Scotty's ears as the cat thanks Cinzia and Val and tucks into the food. The cat pauses for a moment and mimes eating, and then points between Val and the food, trying to ask if the dog will join him for lunch. Then he looks over at Cinzia and after setting his knife against his plate, rotates his paw in front of his face in the universally understood gesture for asking for a drink. He also points at the food before rubbing his belly and giving the elderly lady a "thumbs up" gesture to show his approval of the delicious fare.

--------------------
Fortunately this was the right thing to say. It seems to break the spell on Chris and the spaniel relaxes again, laughing.
"No, I fink da baff is essential. Dogs like awful smells but dere's only so much awful smell a dog can take. I'm sure you'll scrub up nicely dough." The spaniel picks up the remnants of her burger to take another bite but as she does so the contents spill out onto her plate and she's eft holding a slightly soggy bread roll. She can't help but laugh again at her own misfortune as she uses her fork to try to pile everything back in again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko smiled, "Okay then, bath it is." He sat back up and looked over at Bowser, "So then do you have a large catalog of smells then?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Frances does as instructed and loads up the table, pausing to ruffle Scotty's ears as the cat thanks Cinzia and Val and tucks into the food. The cat pauses for a moment and mimes eating, and then points between Val and the food, trying to ask if the dog will join him for lunch. Then he looks over at Cinzia and after setting his knife against his plate, rotates his paw in front of his face in the universally understood gesture for asking for a drink. He also points at the food before rubbing his belly and giving the elderly lady a "thumbs up" gesture to show his approval of the delicious fare.
Valiant took a seat and sat down close to the cat. Belisarius did the same, and soon all of the wolves imitated them.
Cinzia came back witha glass of water with ice. "Hope this will do for now. I am not really into those strange American beverages, so I don't have any here. But I can prepare some fruit juice if you want."
Valiant helped himself to a serving of hard bread and sauce as well. "Mamma's hard bread is like chewing bones, but it just melts with this ragù. But I see you agree already. Heh, soon you'll be able to walk out the calories as well."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Civilization wrote:Meeko smiled, "Okay then, bath it is." He sat back up and looked over at Bowser, "So then do you have a large catalog of smells then?"
"I'm familiar with quite a few, yes. Though they likely wouldn't be much use, most are individual's scents, and to my knowledge we're atleast..." Bowser answered. Trying to mentally work out the mileage from his old precinct to here, before realizing he didn't have an exact location for where 'here' is, on the map. Hmmm. Got too used to being in the same place, took that for granted... "Actually, I'm not sure how far away this is."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty smiles at Cinzia as he takes the water and with his free paw he points at the water and then curls his thumb and forefinger into an "O" and holds his other three fingers splayed in the international symbol for "perfect" or "okay". He also gives her a thumbs up for good measure and then takes a quaff of his drink.
At Valiant's comment the cat pulls out his tablet and types a message accompanied by yet another of his trademark smiles.
"You'd be surprised how much energy it can take to move that chair around. But I'm really looking forward to walking again!" To prove his point the cat flexes his arms, showing off a surprisingly muscular frame, the kind not often seen in felines, and the kind that looks rather mismatched with his scrawny legs which have wasted away after years of disuse.

--------------------
"Baff it is." Chris echos before looking across the table at Bowser. "'Ave you et* enough, Bowser? Want anovver drink or somefink?"

*et = eaten
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty smiles at Cinzia as he takes the water and with his free paw he points at the water and then curls his thumb and forefinger into an "O" and holds his other three fingers splayed in the international symbol for "perfect" or "okay". He also gives her a thumbs up for good measure and then takes a quaff of his drink.
At Valiant's comment the cat pulls out his tablet and types a message accompanied by yet another of his trademark smiles.
"You'd be surprised how much energy it can take to move that chair around. But I'm really looking forward to walking again!" To prove his point the cat flexes his arms, showing off a surprisingly muscular frame, the kind not often seen in felines, and the kind that looks rather mismatched with his scrawny legs which have wasted away after years of disuse.
Valiant pumped his left arm. "Iron arm be it, then! Let's see if you'll make a good match. Watch it, I trained with ferals."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko looked at Bowser and let out a little chuckle, "Oh, then this must be a wonderful experience then." He looked at Albert, Blay, and Star, "Well, what do you guys do on you're spare time for hobbies and such?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

'I normally go for a long walk, try and find something new once in a while. If I remember correctly there's a forest on the edge of the town I'd like to check out. You been there by any chance?'
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I have," Jess answered. "I'm actually taking Bowser there later."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Hobbies during my free time? Well, my hobbies are essentially staying barred up in my room playing games and frequenting internet chatroom while listening to music." Blay said with a chuckle. "Do be honest, that's all I do anyway, so it's not exactly a hobby. It's more of my lifestyle." Blay said crossing his arms to his sides with his pointer fingers pointing away, as if striking some kind of a pose.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

One of the pandas simply stared at Blay as if he were stupid or a complete idiot, one of those blank, mindless stares, before going back to their dice game. They then ordered a second round of drinks, so as not to be a burden on the establishment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And I love you the same," Mitch said, after a short blank, having been unable to think of anything better or on par to say. He leaned Rikki way over, then pulled her back up again slowly. He felt the blush in his cheeks, his breathing change, and his heart pitter patter. He sighed, turned to the book again, and turned the pages of the naughty moves over, going back to the safe parts of the dance.

"Maybe we'll do those later," he said, "Now, we spin again, only to our left like this." He then performed the piece, and did it again, then with the previous move to make it afresh, and continued with more of the dance.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"And I love you the same," Mitch said, after a short blank, having been unable to think of anything better or on par to say. He leaned Rikki way over, then pulled her back up again slowly. He felt the blush in his cheeks, his breathing change, and his heart pitter patter. He sighed, turned to the book again, and turned the pages of the naughty moves over, going back to the safe parts of the dance.
"Maybe we'll do those later," he said, "Now, we spin again, only to our left like this." He then performed the piece, and did it again, then with the previous move to make it afresh, and continued with more of the dance.
And at that point, Rikki showed a sly grin. "Know what? Time to spice up this dance a bit!" She grabbed Mitch by his flanks...and lifted him as if he were a doll in her paws! The furret placed the panda over her head and started spinning.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

valerio wrote:Valiant pumped his left arm. "Iron arm be it, then! Let's see if you'll make a good match. Watch it, I trained with ferals."
"You're on!" Scotty types. "But no using the prosthesis. That wouldn't be fair. And watch yourself. I trained with my whole body weight!" Grinning, the cat puts his elbow on the table and holds out his paw towards Valiant.
"Elbows off the table, Scotty. That's not polite." chides his owner, not having heard Valiant's challenge. "See? I know some etiquette, Momma Leone, even though I'm no expert." she grins at the old lady.
"Sorry, Frances. What say we wrestle after lunch? We better eat our food before the wolves do it for us." the cat chuckles in his strange, silent manner, slightly embarrassed.
"So, how did you and Bel meet?" Scotty asks the dog, keen to continue the small talk and to keep getting to know his new friend.

--------------------
"Well, yers already know my main 'obby. But when I'm not doin' magic I like ta chase fings an' play wiv balls. I'm fitter dan my asthma makes it seem."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"You're on!" Scotty types. "But no using the prosthesis. That wouldn't be fair. And watch yourself. I trained with my whole body weight!" Grinning, the cat puts his elbow on the table and holds out his paw towards Valiant.
"Elbows off the table, Scotty. That's not polite." chides his owner, not having heard Valiant's challenge. "See? I know some etiquette, Momma Leone, even though I'm no expert." she grins at the old lady.
"Sorry, Frances. What say we wrestle after lunch? We better eat our food before the wolves do it for us." the cat chuckles in his strange, silent manner, slightly embarrassed.
"So, how did you and Bel meet?" Scotty asks the dog, keen to continue the small talk and to keep getting to know his new friend.
"Pff, I was trained to take down humans with this one arm," Valiant boasted, patting his bicep. He ate a couple of mouthfuls, before answering Scotty's question. "It was by chance. I was just wandering around by the old church's ruins. I wasn't even looking for someone, I was just down after being left by my first boyfriend. And then I met him..." He threw a love glance to his wolf...who was busy stuffing himself with bread and sauce. it took him about a minute before he realized Valiant was looking at him -well, by now *staring* with a mix of longing and fury. Belisarius lited his paw and waved to his mate... Unfortunately, that was also the paw holding a forkful of food, and Bel's gesture caused a big chunk of bread to fly and land against Amadora's cleavage, while Bel himself got sprayed with sauce. He now looked a bit sad.
Valiant sighed, amused. "He was a goof even the first time we met, but he was there for me, beauty incarnated. It was, as they say, 'at first sight'. And we celebrated our first meeting right there."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Speaking of which, how long does it typically take to get there? I may need to leave soon." Bowser added, after finishing off his sanwich and starting on the fries. Being late would show a lack of discipline, that wouldn't do...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

'Oh, if you're heading there after eating, would you mind if I tagged along?' Albert smiled hopefully at bowser, his tail wagging gently behind his seat.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

SuperStar wrote:"Hobbies during my free time? Well, my hobbies are essentially staying barred up in my room playing games and frequenting internet chatroom while listening to music." Blay said with a chuckle. "Do be honest, that's all I do anyway, so it's not exactly a hobby. It's more of my lifestyle." Blay said crossing his arms to his sides with his pointer fingers pointing away, as if striking some kind of a pose.
Meeko let out an amused huff, slightly shaking his head, "Yeah I guess if I had the chance I would be the same way. Though I don't think I would be as sane doing that." He showed an apologetic smile, "Well it must be pretty impressive then, this internet thing, seems like a lot of people are into it too."
Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, yers already know my main 'obby. But when I'm not doin' magic I like ta chase fings an' play wiv balls. I'm fitter dan my asthma makes it seem."
Meeko looked over at Chris, "That's good to know then, you..." He frowned though this time, "Wait, you have asthma?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yup. I got an in'aler an' everyfink." Chris shows the ferret her inhaler but doesn't demonstrate its use, wanting to save the precious medication for when it's needed.
"It's why dere's certain escapes and ovver tricks I'll never be able ta do. Still, dere's plenny I can do. I see no reason ta let it stop me 'avin' fun!" she enthuses, attempting to reassure the ferret.
"An' don't worry - it ain't catchin'.* Yer safe."

*Catchin' - catching, an old English term meaning "contagious".

---------------------
"Pfff! That's nothing! I'm a cat!" Scotty jokes. His tablet reads the first word as "Puh-fuh-fuh-fuh" but the meaning is clear enough.
"So where is this ruined church? It sounds fun to explore. Do you think I could get there in my chair?" The cat giggles at the wolf's antics before taking another bite of his food and typing on his tablet again.
"You know, I never believed in love at first sight although I have dreamt about it. I hope I can find it for myself some day."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

At the mention of asthma preventing some tricks, Will had a thought. "E-earlier, when you offered t-to help me gain confidence b-by assisting you on s-stage... would a s-stagehand allow you t-to attempt those tricks m-more easily?"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Pfff! That's nothing! I'm a cat!" Scotty jokes. His tablet reads the first word as "Puh-fuh-fuh-fuh" but the meaning is clear enough.
"So where is this ruined church? It sounds fun to explore. Do you think I could get there in my chair?" The cat giggles at the wolf's antics before taking another bite of his food and typing on his tablet again.
"You know, I never believed in love at first sight although I have dreamt about it. I hope I can find it for myself some day."
"When the right one comes, you will know it, believe me.
"And, well, as of currently the church is literally submerged and so a part of the woods. You see, someone started a fire, time ago, and me, the bear Borues, Rikki and Mitch discovered a sort of underground tank built centuries ago. It was much like an "Indiana Jones" movie, we had to release the water and that flooded the place. One day, that water will evaporate and then the place will come back to light."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Eeeee!" Mitch said in a giggle.

"Two can play at that game!" He added, flipping backward, grabbing her by her flanks, and hoisting her on his head!

"Phhttpbbbt! You DO know I was going slow for instruction purposes right hon?" He said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Eeeee!" Mitch said in a giggle.
"Two can play at that game!" He added, flipping backward, grabbing her by her flanks, and hoisting her on his head!
"Phhttpbbbt! You DO know I was going slow for instruction purposes right hon?" He said.
"I had this nagging suspicion! EEEAGLE!" she grinned, spreading her arms like a bird.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko smiled, "Oh good." He paused not wanting to continue down that path. Meeko chuckled at Will's thought, "I believe that could work, you would have an audience of one to help both of you out too." He shrugged, "You know, to applaud or whatever an audience does for a magic show."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch grinned and spun around in a circle.

"Spinnnnnninnnnng!" He said in reply. If this is what she wanted to do during their time, so be it. Still, he sighed inwardly, then shook his inner head.

Best it's not tempted. He thought to himself.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Whee, but you're GOOD at this. Hey, know one thing?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Hmm, what's that love?" Was his reply.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Leaning out so that her upside-down muzzle touched his nose, she said, "I will study this book, page after page, try every move of this dance. And when our wedding day comes, I will dance it with you for the first time. I will give you my best and make everyone understand that we are meant to be together, naughty steps included. That is why I'd rather not...practice now. I want to be ready for you and you for me at the right moment. If you're ok with it, of course."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch took Rikki off his head, set her on her feet, turned her around, and hugged her tight from behind, then simply lightly held his hands around her.

"Of course love, although," he said with a grin, "doing something like that in front of everyone would be rather indecent, don't you think?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

HoundInATree wrote:'Oh, if you're heading there after eating, would you mind if I tagged along?' Albert smiled hopefully at bowser, his tail wagging gently behind his seat.
As neither Jess nor the others seemed inclined to answer his question, Bowser just shrugged it off. As long as it was less than half an hour's walk he still had a few minutes. Enough to finish off his food at least.

"By all means, Actually, I would appreciate the company." He answered looking at Albert.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch took Rikki off his head, set her on her feet, turned her around, and hugged her tight from behind, then simply lightly held his hands around her.
"Of course love, although," he said with a grin, "doing something like that in front of everyone would be rather indecent, don't you think?"
Her arm slowly went behind his head. "Hmm, that is why I confide in you to work on your own moves, to make it so that we can dance our purposes to the public, show what we mean to each other in front of Mun and the Heavens, without getting into a bad rating. And I am sure that Val and Bel will do the same, because I want to prove that we have no shame of our love."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pecan wrote:At the mention of asthma preventing some tricks, Will had a thought. "E-earlier, when you offered t-to help me gain confidence b-by assisting you on s-stage... would a s-stagehand allow you t-to attempt those tricks m-more easily?"
Chris ponders the suggestion for a bit.
"Not really, no, sorry. For fings like water escapes yer need ta be able to 'old yer breaf and I can't do dat very well. Acshully... Dere are certain types of water escapes, like where I get out and my assistant gets in, dat I might be able ta do since dey're quicker and easier. I couldn't do dem wiv Dad since 'e's too big ta fit in da tank. Although, fer an escape like dat I'd need someone standin' by ready ta break da glass if anyfink went wrong an' dat person would need ta know how ta treat my asthma too. But I can teach yer bofe dat if yer want ta learn. We'd need ta get da tank dough. Which is doable but we'll 'ave ta save fer a bit. We blew our budget fer a while on a big trick dat I fink people are gonna love. Er... I 'ope yer'll be okay wiv diss one dough, Will. It is a scary one."

--------------------
"Ooh. This sounds like a good story! How did you discover the tank? What was in it aside from the water? How did you get in and out? Was it rigged and trapped? How does your arm handle the water, by the way? Is it waterproof?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ooh. This sounds like a good story! How did you discover the tank? What was in it aside from the water? How did you get in and out? Was it rigged and trapped? How does your arm handle the water, by the way? Is it waterproof?"
"The tank was underground, it was conceived by the engineers of the Saint Abbot's religious order and built by the local native indians. The purpose was to make use of the underground reservoir, but alas the black plague had followed the pilgrims and the animals they were sworn to protect. And rather than letting the malady spread unchecked in this area, everyone, natives included, sealed themselves in a tomb near the tank and warded it... pardon me for a second." He went to a shelf and took a piece he had 3D-printed from the authorities who had taken the originals in custody for the history dept. He walked back to Scotty and showed it: It was the replica of a stone slab, white, depicting in a red pigment the word
ABRACADABRA
BRACADABR
RACADAB
ACADA
CAD
A
"Many like these were used throughout Europe during the first wave of the Black Plague, they hoped it could keep the malady inside their houses and ward off any stranger.
"Anyway, in the meantime someone had started a fire, and it was spreading rapidly. Borues was there with us just in time for us to discover this complex mechanism, which would lift the tank and pour its contents onto the land above. To activate the mechanism, Borues, Bel, Mitch, Rikki and I had to move these...swords at the base of a cherub statue, each sword working as a lever, as part of the mechanism.
"And it worked! There's a small artificial lake now where once there was a forest in danger. Unfortunately, as fate must have it, an accident with a chem deposit caused some toxic chemicals to mix with the waters, tainting them. Authorities are working to clean up the lake and the soil, before we can use another tankful to have a new freshwater lake. And who knows, by then you'll be able to come with us and start again that mechanism
"As for my arm, well, luckily I never had to immerse it in that water, and we all ran away from the flooding before we were buried in the old gallery. But It *is* made to stand a good downpour."
Last edited by valerio on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"That sh-should be okay," Will acknowledged, taking another sip of his juice (about half empty at this point). "A-actually, I can hold my breath f-for a really long t-time," he added, though as he said that, his eyes darkened a tad for just a moment. To think, something he had learned in that nightmare would be actually useful.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch could only grin. He then quickly pulled out his phone.

He sighed, not much time left. He put it away.

"Speaking of..." he said. Then he pulled her into an embrace, squeezing her tightly. Then blushing, he whispered into her ear...
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch could only grin. He then quickly pulled out his phone.

He sighed, not much time left. He put it away.

"Speaking of..." he said. Then he pulled her into an embrace, squeezing her tightly. Then blushing, he whispered into her ear...
"We'll make every second count then," was her only answer,and nothing else was needed...
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Pecan wrote:"That sh-should be okay," Will acknowledged, taking another sip of his juice (about half empty at this point). "A-actually, I can hold my breath f-for a really long t-time," he added, though as he said that, his eyes darkened a tad for just a moment. To think, something he had learned in that nightmare would be actually useful.
Meeko looked at Will, "Really, how did you learn to do that?" He paused as Will appeared to go into a deeper thought, probably something he wouldn't want to talk about. With Bowser, Albert, and Jess all having a clear plan after everyone finished their meal he wondered what he would be doing afterwards, especially now that he had other's to hand out with, "Erm, so what where you guys planning on doing after this?" He asked looking at the others that he didn't know what they would be doing.
Last edited by Civilization on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star shrugged, "Don't know, I've really just been following her and the others." He gestured to Chris.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay nodded his head towards Star. "Same as him, I've just been following the group." Blay said with a shrug. "I'm not sure exactly what we plan next. Unless I missed something I don't think we have anything else planned. Any suggestions?" He asked anyone.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Don' look at me!" Chris shrugs. "I've just been wingin' it. I'm open ta suggestions. An' yer know what, Will? We might just be able ta make diss work. We'll 'afta meet up some time."

--------------------
The cat examines the stone with interest before staring at Valiant, shocked. "You got buried in a gallery? Wow! What was down there? How did you get out, Indiana Jones?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko looked at the others as the talked and then at Chris when they said they were just following her, chuckling at when they all didn't really know what they were doing. "Well, um, can I see what the inside of a home looks like? If you got nothing better to do though."