HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Pecan
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by Pecan »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I'm Jessica," the dog said. "and I guess you'd say I've been a world traveler until recently. I'm glad I'm meeting so many other pets today, I only met a few yesterday."
xhunterko wrote:Borues walked up to Paige and Will T.

"Greetings, welcome to my forest," Borues said, to them with a small bow, "I am lord of these woods for two days east and west and south of town, and for 3 days travel north of town. Make yourself welcome in my territory."
"It's nice to meet you both," Paige answered, smiling. "I hope we can become good friends."
IceKitsune wrote:"Well its good to see the two of you back." Lance said "Things have been a bit crazy here over the past two days, with the fire and then the flood in the forest and all." He said
"W-what?!" Paige turned towards Lance, eyes wide. "Fire and flo- was anyone hurt?!"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pecan wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:"Well its good to see the two of you back." Lance said "Things have been a bit crazy here over the past two days, with the fire and then the flood in the forest and all." He said
"W-what?!" Paige turned towards Lance, eyes wide. "Fire and flo- was anyone hurt?!"
"As far as I could tell at the time no body was hurt. The Red Panda village was mostly destroyed though." he said shaking his head a bit. "Animal Control will be going in today to help them out and assess the damages." Lance said
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"would they need any help with the clean up?" Jessica asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

While the other were talking, Will slipped away quietly. Even though he liked when he was meeting new people, he had other things in mind. The Nebelung sneaked a bit and at the first corner - bolted as fast as he could towards his house.

~~~~~~

Completely lost in his thoughts, Dan (Pain) didn't realize new pets joined the group. He also noticed that Will was gone. "Darn it! I'll catch him eventually!"

"Excuse me!" Dan (Pain) said "I'm sorry, folks, I kinda lost myself in my own thoughts there for a sec!" he tipped his hat "My name's Dan Daring!"
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

The Moon Howler wrote:"Excuse me!" Dan (Pain) said "I'm sorry, folks, I kinda lost myself in my own thoughts there for a sec!" he tipped his hat "My name's Dan Daring!"
"It is nice to meet you as well, Dan," he stated.
IceKitsune wrote:
Pecan wrote:
"As far as I could tell at the time no body was hurt. The Red Panda village was mostly destroyed though." he said shaking his head a bit. "Animal Control will be going in today to help them out and assess the damages." Lance said
"A Panda village, huh? Wow, things really have changed since Will and I left." Paige nodded. "So, how long have you known about-"
"W-wait a second..." Will spoke up from behind his relative. "Wasn't there a h-huge scare with a Red Pand-da a bit bef-fore we left?" He looked down, in thought. "His n-name turned out to be... M-mitch, right? Is he a p-part of the village?

(OOC: Um, Moon Howler? I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but your last line has a different color from the other two...)
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:The building Rikki dragged Mitch into was hot and steamy. The smell of soap and dried fur permeated the place.
"IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN! WASTING TIME!" Aunt Alma said, a round panda about Mitch's mother's age, although, just a tad older. She pulled his arm and dragged him towards a soapy, bubbling, large couldron pot with a coal fire underneath it and a brick stand. Four other younger females came from the other end of the hut and came behind Rikki. They grabbed her arms and brought it towards it as well.
"You too! You smell like death and flies! Ugh!" Said the closest one to Rikki's right arm.
"Uh, not in the same-*" Mitch tried to say.
"NO TIME! IN! IN!" Alma said, shoving Mitch in the pot. It was quite clear that the four female attendants intended the same thing for Rikki!
"Do I have the sudden impression I just dragged myself into troubles as well, amore?" Rikki said, sniffing at the air saturated with intense perfumed vapors.
---
outside, a small car stopped near the old Saint Abbot's church.
The doors opened, and four persons came out -a human wearing a blue habit and...a black cat, wearing the same habit and the classic white clergy collar. A small golden cross hung from his neck. The other two humans were wearing more formal clothes and carried briefcases with them.
The cat addressed the red panda chieftain with a corteous short bow. "I am honored to meet your people. I am Brother Lazarus of the Saint Abbot Order. We are here to estimate your request to reconsacrate this place and see that is given to you."
The man nodded and bowed, too. "I am Older Brother Francis. I will be supervising the bureucratic work these gentlemen will do," he indicated the other two humans. Brother Lazarus here will be taking care of any particular request of yours. If you agree of course.

(OOC 1: if you need me to change the scene, let me know)
(OOC 2: I had asked the mods, without getting a response, if it was OK to introduce an OOC from my fanfic. Should it not be feasible, I'll replace Lazarus. Thank you)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"The only troubles you dragged yourself into was a pile of bat guano," a female on her right said, "IN!" And with that, the females tossed Rikki into the same pot as Mitch! Who was being scrubbed like a nasty dish pot by another female.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you honored ones," Benjamin said with a head bow in his robes that he had put on for the occasion, with the exception of multiple colored feathers at the neck, elbows, wrists, waist, and knees, "Allow me to introduce my wife Nora." Nora bowed the same way, in the same style of clothes of course.

"And, once that rascal late son of mine is introduced," Benjamin said, "We will then proceed. Formality you know." And with a hand clap, the warriors brought out chairs enough for the small group, setting them in front of the chapel.

"In the mean time may as well make ourselvers comfortable," Benjamin said, waving a hand to the chairs.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki screamed, but every attempt of protest proved futile as she, too, was scrubbed to the point she was sure her fur was being ripped off her body! The ferret hissed and sputtered. "Mitch! You're gonna *pay* for this, do you hear me?! PAY!"
---
The cat bowed again. "Thank you, honored host." He and the others sat down. "And pray tell me, is it true that this magnificent lake is...man-made?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"It's not my fault!" Mitch said, then was promptly smacked on the head with a large spoon.

"Hey!" He complained.

"Shush shush shush! Guests outside keep noise down and late late you are!" Aunt Alma said. Mitch groaned. He was going to pay for being late though.

"Don't be angry at your lover my dear," Alma said to Rikki, "If anyone, be mad at our ancestors, tradition you know. Besides, you probably wouldn't like to appear before the good members of a churchly order smelling like death would you?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin nodded.
"Thanks to Mitch and his friends of course," he said, "Though I am most impressed with your order's ingenuity. A welcomed life saver it was."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pecan wrote:
"A Panda village, huh? Wow, things really have changed since Will and I left." Paige nodded. "So, how long have you known about-"
"W-wait a second..." Will spoke up from behind his relative. "Wasn't there a h-huge scare with a Red Pand-da a bit bef-fore we left?" He looked down, in thought. "His n-name turned out to be... M-mitch, right? Is he a p-part of the village?

(OOC: Um, Moon Howler? I'm not sure if it was on purpose, but your last line has a different color from the other two...)
Lance thought for a moment and then nodded "Yeah his name his Mitch, and hes part of the village. Don't worry though hes a nice guy." He said

At the front of the park a bunch of AC vans pulled up and people began to get out of them dressed in various types of work gear. "Alright everyone we have a job to do, get in there and help they with the clean up. Try to rebuild as much of the village as we can." a man in a blue baseball cap said to the rest of his group. The nodded and headed out into the park and the woods around it.

Lance turned around at the sound of the vans and tilted his head slightly "Well, looks like the AC clean up crew is here." he said turning back to the others

(OOC: ok how in the world should we do this, I was thinking just having a few, like 3 at most, AC members being intractable with the rest working in the background. We can't have to many it would be to hard to control and keep up with.)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki mumbled, fumed and crossed her arms, not wanting to be hit by a spoon.
But she had* to have the last word, so she said, "I smell like hunt! I am a proud huntress of tbe tribe!"
---
"To be honest," Francis said, "We just learnt about that. Believe it or not, we thought it was a legend as well. I really wonder what else could we discover under our feet."
"Bones, for a starter," Valiant said. He approached the human and shook with his left paw, introducing himself, not sure that if a mechanical arm could upset his guest. He then fumbled with his collar and handed a stone piece with the 'ABRACADABRA' litany engraved in it. "There are animal and human bones in a mass grave, victims of an epidemic if this is clue enough."
The man examined the stone, then handed it to Lazarus, who nodded gravely. "Indeed this is very important. Like a Mary Celeste, our clergy here seemed to disappear from night to day. Although of course it must have taken more than that, we learnt it when it was too late. Our order was quite stretched in the New World... Good Valiant, could you please bring us to that grave?" Then he turned to the panda. "Could we humbly borrow your help? We may need to bury...more properly those poor rests, after a proper funeral has been arranged of course."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I understand your urgency but after of course, everyone is properly introduced. I apologize but the ladies must be taking extra care this time," Benjamin said, "If we do not conform to some sort of order and formality, honored guests, then we will simply be reduced to base animals by lesser human beings."
Last word or not, Rikki got a tap on the head with the handle end of the wooden spoon.

"Proud huntress of the tribe think we are? Hmm? Member of this family and sister of this village already are we without blessing? Hmm? Have you and Mitch exchanged vows or persons without, ancestors forbid, the knowledge of the tribe you claim to be part of? Hmm? Young lady, have you respect for the tribe at all, I dare say you best keep to the tribe's traditions if you have any respect for your lover at all!" Aunt Alma scolded.

"Lucky girl, I wish I got to bathe with my mate before ow!" An attendant was whacked with the spoon, and she said no more.

"Now done, OUT OUT OUT!" Aunt Alma said, and Rikki and Mitch were hoisted out of the pot and just as briskly, dried off.

"Get clothes, HURRY HURRY HURRY! LATE LATE LATE!" Aunt Alma said, and an attendant hurried off while the others made sure Mitch and Rikki stayed in place. Mitch could only look somber and groan. After which, he was whacked on the head with the spoon.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

IceKitsune wrote:Lance thought for a moment and then nodded "Yeah his name his Mitch, and hes part of the village. Don't worry though hes a nice guy." He said

At the front of the park a bunch of AC vans pulled up and people began to get out of them dressed in various types of work gear. "Alright everyone we have a job to do, get in there and help they with the clean up. Try to rebuild as much of the village as we can." a man in a blue baseball cap said to the rest of his group. The nodded and headed out into the park and the woods around it.

Lance turned around at the sound of the vans and tilted his head slightly "Well, looks like the AC clean up crew is here." he said turning back to the others

(OOC: ok how in the world should we do this, I was thinking just having a few, like 3 at most, AC members being intractable with the rest working in the background. We can't have to many it would be to hard to control and keep up with.)
"Well, I bet that once those people finish their job, the place will look nice." Dan(Pain) said "It might be even interesting to visit it one day."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki was rubbed dry with fluffy towels, then she was thrown a series of garments she couldn't make out but tried to put on all the same. "Uhh, I could use some help here?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Again, Mitch was smacked on the head with the spoon.

"Poor form nephew! Poor poor form! The poor girl can't even dress herself! Shame shame shame! Monida! Help her! You get Mitch set up!" Aunt Alma ordered. Monida lifted Rikki's arms above her head, then slipped the garment on over her head. It was a robe like Mitch's parents wore but only blue in color. Mitch was dry and by now had his robe on as well. The other panda had gotten Mitch's feather accessories, the same as his parents, and reluctantly had them slipped on.

"Also Mitch, your father wants you and girl to be in part of the meeting," Aunt Alma said to him. Making sure the accessories were on properly. Mitch face pawed.

"Really?" He said, then ducked, but a whack from the spoon didn't come.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

As Will looked around at the AC staff coming out of the van, a memory floated around in his head, of that day he'd been rescued; The pets all making sure he was okay, the police taking his captor, and AC making sure he was okay. One name in particular came to the front of his mind... "Is J-jenny coming here, too?" He asked Lance. "She was p-part of Animal Control t-too, right?" Smiling, he added, "She w-was nice."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pecan wrote:As Will looked around at the AC staff coming out of the van, a memory floated around in his head, of that day he'd been rescued; The pets all making sure he was okay, the police taking his captor, and AC making sure he was okay. One name in particular came to the front of his mind... "Is J-jenny coming here, too?" He asked Lance. "She was p-part of Animal Control t-too, right?" Smiling, he added, "She w-was nice."
Lance nodded and smiled "She might show up but shes likely going to be stuck doing paper work still. She might have to come down here to look at the overall damage but I don't know for sure." He said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Again, Mitch was smacked on the head with the spoon.

"Poor form nephew! Poor poor form! The poor girl can't even dress herself! Shame shame shame! Monida! Help her! You get Mitch set up!" Aunt Alma ordered. Monida lifted Rikki's arms above her head, then slipped the garment on over her head. It was a robe like Mitch's parents wore but only blue in color. Mitch was dry and by now had his robe on as well. The other panda had gotten Mitch's feather accessories, the same as his parents, and reluctantly had them slipped on.

"Also Mitch, your father wants you and girl to be in part of the meeting," Aunt Alma said to him. Making sure the accessories were on properly. Mitch face pawed.

"Really?" He said, then ducked, but a whack from the spoon didn't come.
Rikki briefly examined herself, then took a good look at Mitch. "You look so...wow! You should be wearing those more often, you know?"
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will nodded at that. If she did show up, he would like to at least say a thank you to her, for treating him so well.

Paige rubbed his chin in thought, and turned to ask Lance a question. "Hey, you said Panda Village, right? Which implies more then just Mitch. Exactly how big was the village?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pecan wrote:Will nodded at that. If she did show up, he would like to at least say a thank you to her, for treating him so well.

Paige rubbed his chin in thought, and turned to ask Lance a question. "Hey, you said Panda Village, right? Which implies more then just Mitch. Exactly how big was the village?"
"I actually don't remember exactly how big it is but its at least in the 20s or 30s in terms of Pandas living there." Lance said his finger tapping on his chin a bit as he thought.

The Animal control officers entered the village and spread out talking to some of the pandas trying to get an idea of what exactly needed to be done at the moment.

(OOC: kind of making up numbers here don't remember if exact ones were given. Also Xhunter just make one of the important pandas talk to somebody doesn't matter who and I'll go from there with the AC character.)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ugh, I can't stand 'em, too formal," Mitch said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, what we're doing right now is building," a head warrior with a kneckerchef with two gold marks on it told the AC personnell, "Most of our house stuff is in the new lake. Most of it is still salvagable. If you want to try and get some of that."

OOC: Don't forget I'm on vacation and have not that much time to post. Also, there's 42 pandas in the village.
valerio

Post by valerio »

But for how much he could grumble about the formalities, Mitch had it in him that certain duties were required of him. And it was with that knowledge and pride in his heart that he accompanied Rikki to the church, under the watchful eyes of his peers.
So, here you are," his father said, this time avoiding scolding his son in public for being late. This was not the time, nor the moment: protocol didn't accept showing anything but union in the family. "Mitch, my son, these are Brother Francis and Brother Lazarus from the Saint Abbot Order. They are here to oversee that our moving in this territory is approved and safe."
Rikki bowed to their guests. "I am Rikki Leone, partner to Valiant, friend to Mitch."
The black cat nodded. He bowed to the couple. "A good friend, indeed, if you're willing to wear their most formal robes."
Poor Mitch hoped this really didn't go into uncharted territory. Somehow he succeeded in keeping a straight face, then said,
"She and Valiant earned their right to be part of this tribe with all the honors, for helping us repeatedly in time of need. They were in fact instrumental in finding a way to save us from the fire and create this lake."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"So, a decent amount." Paige closed his eyes. "I wish I could have seen the village before it was a disaster zone. Though, hopefully I'll be able to meet some of them."
xhunterko wrote:OOC: Don't forget I'm on vacation and have not that much time to post. Also, there's 42 pandas in the village.
(So, it's the Village of Life? :lol: )
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Jake looked around the village and spotted a man talking to one of the village pandas who was not part of his group. "Excuse me sir, what exactly is a priest doing here?" He asked walking up to Francis.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The man offered his hand to the human. "Why, kind Sir, we belong to the very same order that built this church, so much time ago. Our Red Panda friends desire to settle here, and we want to see what we can do for them, not excluded rebuilding the church itself."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch sat in his chair as if he had an itch, or if something was after him. He tried very hard not to squirm. He didn't like these meetings.

"Also, she's my girlfriend," Mitch pointed out as well. His father nodded. But he ducked his head down at a glance from his mother.

"I am also pleased that the women of the tribe have accepted you Rikki, though not in full just yet, that will be for later," Benjamin said, "As for the settlement itself, this is only a temporary solution. The real plan is to resettle between and behind the lakes. We have no wish to disturb things here. We've respected sacred grounds of all orders and religions. Hence the purpose of the new buildings. Those are for in case if the order has any objections to a tribe sleeping in a stronger building. Unless it has none?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Brother Lazarus nodded. "I see. And yet, we would gladly welcome you here as permanent guests should that be your choice. You see, to our Order, a place like this is made for animals in first place. You wouldn't be required to convert or something. But, anyway know that once this building will be rebuilt it will welcome you as home. Always."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:The man offered his hand to the human. "Why, kind Sir, we belong to the very same order that built this church, so much time ago. Our Red Panda friends desire to settle here, and we want to see what we can do for them, not excluded rebuilding the church itself."
Jake nodded "Well any help would be appreciated. Its a huge mess out here and if we don't have to worry about the church its a load off us." "So, do you have any kind of plan for what to do so far?" He asked.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"And when it is, we will treat it with the exact same respect as we treat any other sacred religious grounds," Benjamin said, "Although you bring up a question. Can we, given our legal status, own ground?"

"If we can we should, remember that one movie with the wierd transform raccoon things?" Mitch said.

"I thought I told you to cover your eyes," Benjamin said, giving him a glare. Mitch squirmed a bit.

"We were forced to watch it like you were," he said with his head down in his defense. Benjamin sighed then nodded. Then looked back to their guests.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The robed black cat shook his head. "Ownership belongs to our order. In order for you to co-own this place should be that you join our order in full...but worry not, for this place will be your home as long as you stay. First rule, this is no-one's own territory. Every creature of the Lord is allowed here, in peace."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"So, Lance," Paige asked. "How many others are still living in the neighborhood that we'd know?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Pecan wrote:"So, Lance," Paige asked. "How many others are still living in the neighborhood that we'd know?"
Lance looked down at the ground "I believe it would be only be Valiant,Rikki,Bellious, and myself really. Sadly pretty much everyone else moved away at some point or another." He shook his head pushing the thoughts of the friends who had left away from his mind.

Lance turned to Jessica "Now, I was showing you around town wasn't I he giggled a bit We should get back to that. Kind of got distracted." He said "Hmmm, what's something else around here that's interesting?" He hummed to himself a bit as he thought.

(OOC: Having a bad case of writers block here, anyone got an interesting place to show off next, or something to do in general?)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

IceKitsune wrote:Lance turned to Jessica "Now, I was showing you around town wasn't I he giggled a bit We should get back to that. Kind of got distracted." He said "Hmmm, what's something else around here that's interesting?" He hummed to himself a bit as he thought.
"It's alright," Jessica said. "This seemed like an important distraction."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Which brings into question. How much territory does the oder own around here?" Benjamin asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Which brings into question. How much territory does the oder own around here?" Benjamin asked.
it was Brother Francis, the human, who said, Only the building. We had an agreement with the people of the woods to use the immediate surrounding as a garden and raising animals for our dietary needs. But, again, our territory never went beyond the church."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch raised a paw.

"Are you sure? There's a lot of history in this place and some may be lost or forgotten, like the statues in the woods that provided the water," Mitch said, "And there was also-*"

"Shush shush are you daft boy!?" Benjamin said, Mitch ducked his head.

"But, but it's there's and," he tried again.

"AND we're out in the middle of the open!" Benjamin countered, then Mitch remembered and shut his trap.

"Sorry," he said at the last.

"But again, my son is right," Benjamin said, "There are those statues that made the new lake, and something else that will require closed doors and the council to discuss."
valerio

Post by valerio »

The clergy representatives nodded. "The statues you talk of may be the product of our efforts," Lazarus said, "But they are at the service of the community. So they belong to those who live here. They are there for your afety. As for the remains of the dead..." his expression saddened for a moment. "We will bless that burial place and seal it. With your help of course."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Of course, but my son was boldly speaking of matters far graver then the dead," Benjamin said, "Your grounds may have more of a reach then you may realize."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Then let's talk about them. If we want to take a decision, we should better be informed. Right?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Benjamin glared at Mitch, then sighed.

"We will have to summon the council, then," Benjamin said, then in a serious tone, "And are you sure? I have to tell you in advanced that due to our enemy, and even though you are holy men and animals (and their representatives), we have set up a security protocol and will have to search your persons thoroughly."

At the mention of the council, already two of the highest ranking panda guards were standing behind Benjamin.