HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

SuperStar

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by SuperStar »

69eist wrote:"Well we did go to mount Rushmore earlier this month" Andy says as he hold his own chin and elbow, trying to recap.
"Mt. Rushmore? It's a pretty amazing place, right?" Blay asked. "I've never been there, but I here that it looks way different in person."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko looked at his vest and then at Chris, "Thank you, I'd appreciate that." He looked at the foxes, "Sightseers, hmm, that must be really interesting to go see places like that for fun." He turned back to Chris at the mention of a drink, "No thanks, I'll feel fuller longer without a drink, and once I get that burger." He smiled at the thought of more fresh food.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir. I'm glad you're okay, sir." The boy lobs the paper over the fence into its intended garden but freezes as he hears the rumble. For a terrifying instant he fears the large dog is growling at him but soon realises with a great deal of relief that the growl is in the dog's stomach and not his throat.
"Well, if you're hungry, Mrs. Watkins' diner makes the best food in town, save for Mrs. Leone's, of course, but Mrs. Leone doesn't have a restaurant so it would be rude of me to invite you to her house. Anyway the diner is great. Just follow this road straight along that way for a coupla hundred yards. You can't miss it!"
"Oh? Thank you, I think I'll head that way then." Bowser answered with a nod. Heading off towards the diner in the direction the boy had suggested.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Albert looked at his food as it reached the table, his eye's would in anticipation. Then his eye's narrowed. 'I swear I'm missing something.' He pointed at each item in turn. 'Fired eggs, sausages, bacon, beans, fried bread, black pudding. Knife and fork.' Still puzzled, Albert went to take a sip of his drink. His head grasped the air where it should have been. 'oh, I forgot to order a drink.'He face palmed. 'um, do any of you have any recommendations?'
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

OOC: 3, 2, 1...TIME SKIP!

"Heh, it's not that kind of book, oh hey, I have to tell you a story," Mitch said, setting them both down on the bed.

"When the tribes were beginning and Mun spoke among us often," Mitch began, softly, "There was a chief and his mate and they could not have children. They tried many things. Sacrifices, offerings, dances, many many things. The only time Mun spoke against them doing a thing was ritual being sacrifice. Either panda or other two legged critter. They fasted and prayed, until they could fast and pray no more. The chief loved his wife, but the family needed children so he was thinking of getting a concubine. But he prayed to Mun asking for deliverance for his wife. They went to bed and she couldn't sleep, crying softly. Late in the night, when the moon shone through the window like sun ray, she prayed with bitter tears asking for direction. A week later, their shaman dreamed of the house with bowls with water and a candle in each and one of those by a house wall in each cardinal direction. He also heard shaking bells. So when he got up, he fashioned a pole of with bells and cups and hallowed metal instruments to make a noise. Then he prepared the bowls. The couple, curious but amused, watched but didn't interfere. He then shook the pole around the bowls and asked for the ancestors and Mun's forgiveness and provision. Since, we believe that our souls come from the other side and our ancestors are there. They can have influence in sending more souls to us. The chief decided to hold off on getting a concubine. And instead, they made a penance offering to Mun. They could have sworn it made a difference in their bodies, but nothing happened immediately yet. Then, late that spring, the chief's wife gave birth to four kits. Seth, Hash, Met, and Speck, she called the boys. Seth, for Mun's lifting them out of their dark times. Hash, for their continued, yet failed efforts. Met, for Mun meeting them in their hour of mourning. And Speck, to remind them how small they are in Mun's grand design. Speck became one of our greatest archers, and became the next chieftain. Met married twice, both wives giving birth to four. Hash wrote down many songs and invented the Rose Dance. Seth became a light in a dark place and is one of our most celebrated shamans. And that, is why shortly, you'll hear bells coming down the forest path."

Mitch looked at the door of her room in silence. Then looked to his betrothed.

"That wasn't too long was it?" Mitch asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki looked, for lack of better words...ecstatic. She had listened with growing attention to the story, until she actually believed she could see the event running before her eyes, like a movie.
Better yet, she could still *see* that loving, founding couple standing behind Mitch, smiling at them both as if the ferret were actually a part of their dinasty.
Her eyes started to tear up, but she quickly regained control. "That was...wonderful, my love. And...it is part of your book? because if so, it is of absolute importance that it is reprinted and preserved."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks again for the show, Nicole. I wish I could have heard you on a real pipe organ! That was great though! And you're gonna love Mrs. Leone's cooking!" Scotty's tablet babbles as the cat is lifted back into the Leone's house. He's about to tap the screen to say something else when Frances appears at the foot of the stairs, smelling of rose shampoo and clad in a tight, pink dress that shows off her curves over a loose, pink, floral shirt. Her long, dark hair, still damp from the shower, is swept to one side and it tumbles over her shoulders in its graceful, natural wave and her youthful face shines radiantly, freed from layers of rouge and foundation. The light glints from the diamond ring on the fine gold chain around her neck which is just visible in the open collar of the shirt as well as from the gold studs in her ears as they peek out coyly from under her hair. She looks beautiful, alluring, and straight out of the 1950s.
"Um, hi. Welcome back. I, uh, had a bit of an accident in the kitchen so I had to borrow some of Mamma Leone's clothes until we get unpacked. Er... You can pick your chin up off the floor, Scotty." she giggles, shyly.

--------------------
After the dog has gone on his way, the paperboy continues his rounds uneventfully and much more carefully.

--------------------
"Awlrigh', so dat's yer burger and dose are my chips. Is dere some vinegar anywhere? Ah." Chris slides the burger from her plate onto Meeko's before obtaining some vinegar from a waitress and sprinkling it onto her fries.
"Yer know, since I'm 'avin fries, dis would be an excellent opportunity ta do a trick wiv salt. 'Oo wants ta see?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko just stared at the burger, it represented everything to him right at that moment. He reached out and grabbed the burger, feeling the warmth it still had, and smelling the fresh smells it still gave off. He took a bite out of it and this time he took the time to enjoy the flavor. The fries were good but this was great, I hope I never have to go back to the dumpster again. Chris's question brought him back to reality, he swallowed his bite of food and looked over at her, "I'd love to see that."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Another trick sounds great," Jess replied.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Okay pumped his arm into the air. "Sounds good!" Blay said in response to Chris' suggestion. "Wait," Blay said as he considered something. "You aren't getting tired out from these tricks are you?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks again for the show, Nicole. I wish I could have heard you on a real pipe organ! That was great though! And you're gonna love Mrs. Leone's cooking!" Scotty's tablet babbles as the cat is lifted back into the Leone's house. He's about to tap the screen to say something else when Frances appears at the foot of the stairs, smelling of rose shampoo and clad in a tight, pink dress that shows off her curves over a loose, pink, floral shirt. Her long, dark hair, still damp from the shower, is swept to one side and it tumbles over her shoulders in its graceful, natural wave and her youthful face shines radiantly, freed from layers of rouge and foundation. The light glints from the diamond ring on the fine gold chain around her neck which is just visible in the open collar of the shirt as well as from the gold studs in her ears as they peek out coyly from under her hair. She looks beautiful, alluring, and straight out of the 1950s.
"Um, hi. Welcome back. I, uh, had a bit of an accident in the kitchen so I had to borrow some of Mamma Leone's clothes until we get unpacked. Er... You can pick your chin up off the floor, Scotty." she giggles, shyly.
Elio looked as much pleased at that sight. "Figlia mia, you look just like my beloved Cinzia back when I gave her that dress. For once I'm glad that she brought her things here."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch tapped his forehead.

"One step ahead of you. It is however, in the history book I'm writing down," Mitch said, "Under Stories and Legends. It was hard not to put under facts. Hmph. It was surprisingly, not that hard to convince Antario to have our oral histories written down."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch tapped his forehead.
"One step ahead of you. It is however, in the history book I'm writing down," Mitch said, "Under Stories and Legends. It was hard not to put under facts. Hmph. It was surprisingly, not that hard to convince Antario to have our oral histories written down."
If possible, Rikki's eyes started to shine with glee. Immediately, her tone started to pitch up as her voice almost became a blur. "A book? You are writing a history book of your people? How long have you been doing it? Will it include even your coming here? Can I make a copy and then you'll autograph it...?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star shook his head in slight wonder at Chris, "If all you need for a trick is fries and some salt I can only imagine what you'd be able to pull off on a fully prepared stage."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

No problem. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm really looking forward to dinner." Nicole said, smiling. She stopped when she saw Frances. "You look beautiful. I'm Nicole, Moon's owner." she greeted, holding out her hand for Frances to shake.

Moon was bouncing excitedly next to Nicole, holding her mom's hand.
----------
"Sure, I'd like to see your trick." Matatabi said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks, Elio. Thank you, Nicole. You really think so?" Frances shakes the offered hand. "I'm Frances, Scotty's owner. Um... I'd invite you in but it's not my house."
"You haven't dressed up in a long time, Frances. You should totally do it more often!" Scotty encourages. "So, shall we go through and see if lunch is ready? Breakfast was hours ago!"

--------------------
"Heh, fanks, Star. I'll totally invite yers all over fer a proper show sometime. Anyways, watch dis. Yer can't 'ave chips wivout salt, can yer. So, I'm gonna make a fist and pour some salt like dis." So saying, Chris unscrews the top from the salt shaker and pours a small stream of salt into her closed left fist. Setting the shaker aside, she wipes the excess salt off the top of her paw, tamping the salt down briefly as she goes.
"Now, I blow on dat. You c'n blow on it too, ta make da magic work, Star." She holds out her fist and once the cat has blown on it, opens the paw to reveal that it's empty. Then she makes her other paw into a fist and tips it over and a stream of salt pours out and onto the fries on her plate. Finally, she grins at the assembled pets and picks up one of the longest fries on her plate and proceeds to appear to suddenly inhale it through her nose before coughing it out of her mouth. With a wink, she munches on the crunchy treat, hoping for some revolted reactions from her audience.
"So good! An' dat's 'ow a magician eats 'er dinner!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star's eyes widened upon every step of Chris' trick, beginning with his breaths assistance. He didn't even flinch at the tricks end, though he did give a small, awed, clap at the performance, "I knew internet videos couldn't do magic justice, it's just so weird and awesome." He said, as a wide smile adorned his face.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay slowly clapped. "Another impressive trick, Chris. Very nice."Blay applauded. "You're right Star, the internets got nothing on this."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko chuckled a bit, "Impressive indeed." As soon as Chris ate the fry he focused right back in on the hamburger in his paws, taking another, well for him, big bite. Once he finished with that bite he looked around the table, "So what is on this internet thing?"
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Th-the internet? Um..." Will takes a small bit of his pie as he thinks about the question for a bit. After swallowing, he replies, "W-well, I don't know much a-about it myself, but my Uncle s-says it's like a library, but b-better."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks, Elio. Thank you, Nicole. You really think so?" Frances shakes the offered hand. "I'm Frances, Scotty's owner. Um... I'd invite you in but it's not my house."
"You haven't dressed up in a long time, Frances. You should totally do it more often!" Scotty encourages. "So, shall we go through and see if lunch is ready? Breakfast was hours ago!"
Elio nodded. "Of course you are all invited. Cinzia cooked up for a pack of wolves, literally, so we think we can accommodate a couple more guests. Hope you don't mind a standing buffet, madame. But please, do come in." Everything must be ready by now." And sure thing, all sort of delicious smells were coming from the Leone house. And one could also hear Cinzias' and two animal voices trying to discpline their guests...
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Wow, that was awesome. Nice trick Chris." Matatabi said, grinning.
-----
"Yes, I do. It's nice to meet you." Nicole said to Frances before walking inside.

Moon had let go of her mom's hand and was bouncing around her and Scotty, grinning and purring.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch put a paw behind Rikki's head and pushed their mouths together in a kiss. A long kiss. Then he let her go.

"I've been working on it at least for half a year," Mitch said, "I could have sworn I told you. But yeah. It'll include our most recent events. Sigh. Ngh. Ugh. Gotta pee. Be right back." He jumped down and walked out of the room, turned, then blew her a kiss with a wink before heading towards the bathroom.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Fanks!" Chris takes a bow before delicately nibbling the end of a fry.
"Yer've not 'eard o' th' internet, Meeko? Just 'ow long 'ave yer been a stray? Well, th' internet... Th' internet is a library, communications hub, TV, music player, an' entertainment place all in one. Dere's heaps on dere. Yer really 'ave ta try it ta get it. We can do dat when we get ya home. Mmm!" Abandoning her decorum, Chris grabs a pawful of the fries and gobbles them down.
"Best chips ever!" she grins, in seventh heaven. "How's da burger, Meeko?"

--------------------
"Heh, sounds like she needs help keeping the wolves under control. Let's go help." Frances by force of habit takes Scotty's chair and wheels it in front of her as she enters the lounge room. She politely clears her throat to gain the attention of those present.
"Thanks for the clothes, Mama. They fit perfectly."
Mama? Scotty wonders but wisely decides not to say anything.
"Do you need a hand getting things ready? Sorry I took so long."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko looked up at Chris, "No, I've heard of the internet, seen it on those cell phone and those personal computer things they use. Closest I've come to this internet those is when someone decides to throw their old stuff away." He looked down at his burger, "I, er. Been homeless my whole life." This fact burned him deeply and he wasn't sure if he said it loud enough for anyone to hear so he focused back on the burger, "Best thing I've ever had, thanks!" This came out with much more full of joy.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch put a paw behind Rikki's head and pushed their mouths together in a kiss. A long kiss. Then he let her go.
"I've been working on it at least for half a year," Mitch said, "I could have sworn I told you. But yeah. It'll include our most recent events. Sigh. Ngh. Ugh. Gotta pee. Be right back." He jumped down and walked out of the room, turned, then blew her a kiss with a wink before heading towards the bathroom.
I hope I just didn't scare him into peeing. heh."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh, sounds like she needs help keeping the wolves under control. Let's go help." Frances by force of habit takes Scotty's chair and wheels it in front of her as she enters the lounge room. She politely clears her throat to gain the attention of those present.
"Thanks for the clothes, Mama. They fit perfectly."
Mama? Scotty wonders but wisely decides not to say anything.
"Do you need a hand getting things ready? Sorry I took so long."
"Yes, cara mia. Open up those drawers, see? Then set up the tablecloth and the plates. Then I'll bring in the food..." Only then did she take notice of the newcomer and her pet. "Oh, ma guarda, and who might you be? I'm Cinzia Leone, this is the Palatinium Pack. And these two handsome boys..."
Valiant lowered his blushing ears. "Mom..." while giggles came from the feral wolves
"Are Valiant and his boyfriend Belisarius. Please be patient for a minute, food will be served in a few minutes. Nothing fancy, mind me, but I hope you'll like it. Miss..?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Oh, by the way. You may want to keep an eye out for Antario. Sometimes he likes to surprise new couples. Mitch texted to Rikki.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Oh, by the way. You may want to keep an eye out for Antario. Sometimes he likes to surprise new couples. Mitch texted to Rikki.
What do you mean?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

He likes to sneak up behind them. Especially when their in a moment. The more nervousness the better for him. It's all meant in good fun though. Considering what the occasion is. Mitch texted her back.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm so sorry..." Chris replies quietly before sitting straight with sudden resolution. "Dat settles it. Yer comin' 'ome wiv me ta be a proper pet." she declares. "I'm glad yer like da burger dough." The dog takes a sip of her tea, allowing the soothing aroma to drift relax her as it caresses her nostrils.
"Which is better, Meeko? Da burger or da chips? 'Ow ya doin now ya got some food in yer, Mat?"

--------------------
"Sure. Oh, this is Nicole, Moon's owner. She's new to town too, so I'm told. She's the organist Scotty went to visit earlier. Nicole, this is Cinzia Leone and you've already met her husband, Elio." The introductions done, Frances does as instructed. Sadly she's lacking in her knowledge of fine dining etiquette. Each place gets the correct cutlery but with dessert spoons outside soup spoons and bread and butter knives inside main course knives. She does her best to make everything straight and neat though. Once she's satisfied with her handiwork she prepares to follow Cinzia to the kitchen, awaiting further instructions.

Scotty, meanwhile, is staring contemplatively at Valiant's prosthetic limb. Lost in his thoughts, he follows its motion, watching how the light plays over the metallic finish and observing the smoothness of the movement.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:He likes to sneak up behind them. Especially when their in a moment. The more nervousness the better for him. It's all meant in good fun though. Considering what the occasion is. Mitch texted her back.
At that, Nikki slooowly turned her head behind her. "...we were not alone all the time, were we?"
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Sure. Oh, this is Nicole, Moon's owner. She's new to town too, so I'm told. She's the organist Scotty went to visit earlier. Nicole, this is Cinzia Leone and you've already met her husband, Elio." The introductions done, Frances does as instructed. Sadly she's lacking in her knowledge of fine dining etiquette. Each place gets the correct cutlery but with dessert spoons outside soup spoons and bread and butter knives inside main course knives. She does her best to make everything straight and neat though. Once she's satisfied with her handiwork she prepares to follow Cinzia to the kitchen, awaiting further instructions.
Scotty, meanwhile, is staring contemplatively at Valiant's prosthetic limb. Lost in his thoughts, he follows its motion, watching how the light plays over the metallic finish and observing the smoothness of the movement.
"An organist! How nice, it's my favourite. How long have you been playing it, Nicole?"
"Want to touch it?" Valiant said, offering his artifical arm to the cat.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Rikki's words went to empty air. There was, however, a soft sound coming from outside the window.

*jingle jingle jingle jingle*

"Don't get too paranoid love," Mitch said, having finished with the bathroom, "You might end up like me! Heh." He added grinning, sitting back next to her on the bed.

*Jingle Jingle Jingle Jingle*

Rang the bells on the staff of a ridiculously looking red panda. Antario danced through the woods leading up to the house. Shaking his staff as loud as he could. He readjusted his long beak mask, straightened his cloth skirt again. Making sure the tribal symbols were where they needed to be. He checked his flower bracelets and his flower crown again. And made sure the bell was still attached to his tail. He then pressed forward, dancing again.

Almost like a drunken stupor. One foot in a wide step, then the other matching the first foot. Then the other foot in a wide step, his right hand holding the staff of bells. The next step caused the panda to wobble, and with it the bells to wobble too. The second step also caused the arms to strive for balance. Which of course, was overdone like the rest of the dance. This went on for four steps like this. On the fourth, after the leading of the right foot, the panda spun in that direction. Then on the left foot step, he spun in that direction. This was the way he made to the house, which came in view. The wobble was a bit exaggerated with his heavy pack of books of questionable material. Through the long nose beak mask, which stretched out at least 2 feet, painted brown, you could tell the slightly elderly panda was having a good time.

Though next time, he pondered, he would have an assistant help with the educational material.

"Asanta san a squash bannan..." he paused at that stanza, "No that's copyrighted." He said with a finger in the air and a shake of the head. Then he shrugged, and made up some more nonsense to sing along the way. He was an embarrassment to watch. But that was okay. A wedding was going to take place soon. And that was all the cause for joy the panda needed to act silly.

*JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE*

"We MIGHT be able to see him," Mitch said, looking out the window. Beginning to blush. Knowing what's coming.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"*that* is Antario? The way you spoke about him, I thought he'd...actually sneak up on people. Someone...younger. And what is he carrying in the pack? And what's with the mask? It reminds me of the masks used by the plague doctors in the middle ages."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I'm so sorry..." Chris replies quietly before sitting straight with sudden resolution. "Dat settles it. Yer comin' 'ome wiv me ta be a proper pet." she declares. "I'm glad yer like da burger dough." The dog takes a sip of her tea, allowing the soothing aroma to drift relax her as it caresses her nostrils.
"Which is better, Meeko? Da burger or da chips? 'Ow ya doin now ya got some food in yer, Mat?"
Meeko looked up at Chris, her offer was the most nicest thing any creature has ever done for him, "Thanks." He was a little embarrassed about being taken in, but he couldn't help ponder what it would be like to live inside a nice home. The mention of food got him thinking, the fries he enjoyed because he was super hungry, but the burger had so much more flavor than what he was used to living off of. "The burger, more flavor than I'm used too..." He chuckled a bit, "Um, why, er... Is there better?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yer quite welcome. An' no, I was just wonderin' which was yer favourite, dat's all. We're gonna have ta learn stuff like dat about each ovver now dat we're housemates." Chris explains. "So... Is dere anyfink yer wanna know about me?"

--------------------
"Um. Sorry... I didn't mean to stare..." Scotty types. "I was just thinking about what you said earlier... About the exoskeleton... Would it move naturally like your arm does? And... Do you really think it could make me walk again?" Scotty does run a paw politely over the arm as his tablet reads the message aloud, feeling the remarkably natural shape of the joints and the smoothness of the finish.
"If you don't mind my asking... Is the arm comfortable to wear? Was it hard to get used to?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Um. Sorry... I didn't mean to stare..." Scotty types. "I was just thinking about what you said earlier... About the exoskeleton... Would it move naturally like your arm does? And... Do you really think it could make me walk again?" Scotty does run a paw politely over the arm as his tablet reads the message aloud, feeling the remarkably natural shape of the joints and the smoothness of the finish.
"If you don't mind my asking... Is the arm comfortable to wear? Was it hard to get used to?"
Valiant nodded as he listened. "The arm feels exactly like a natural extension of my body. It's covered with pressure-sensitive sensors, and the hardware is perfectly wired to my nerve endings.
"As for me getting used to it...well, the real problem was getting used to my new life. When I was offered this chance, I had already lost my jobs and had alienated myself from my friends. I accepted because Rikki, bless her, made me. It's always a question of expectations, and of having your family with you, Scotty. That much I learnt."
he rubbed the cat's head. "I started giving a value to this arm when I built my first relationship here at Sunset, and hated it again when, well, he left without so much saying a word to me.
"Then I met Bel, and he made me realize how precious was this gift."
He looked at the wolf, who wagged his tail as he said, "Sure! Imagine how things would be better for us if we could replace our limbs after chewing them out of a trap!"
Valiant cleared his throat. "As for you, well, there are new solutions that can allow you to use your whole body without amputations or anything. Sure they may be clumsy at first, but you'll be free from your chair. And I'm still in touch with my human friend at the Pentagon, and he'll be happy to help you in something even better. But, remember, it is you who must want it."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, the get up is MOSTLY spiritual," said a young female voice behind the two, "The long beak mask is supposed to represent the male, you know. And the feathers and robe are to represent the female. We try to resemble birds because birds fly in the air. And the air represents the spirit world. So we are in fact, trying to mingle with the spirit world trying to gain their favor for the match. Since the spirit world controls both life and death, during a wedding, we attempt to gain their favor." A pause in the speech gave way to the sound of things being tied and stuck to objects in Rikki's room. A stray ghost tag flew into view.

Mitch blushed.

"Nestlie-san," he said weakly.

"Oops, oh well. Any way. We attempt to gain their favor for a wedding, because, well of course, they are responsible for sending new souls down, of course," Nestlie said, ignoring Mitch, "And the brighter and happier our spirits are, the brighter and happier the spirits will be. And hopefully, will bless the new couple with children or more children than usual."

A ghost tag tie found it's way around Mitch's neck. One was shoved in his mouth. Nestlie was a younger female panda. Dressed similarly to Antario. Though with more feathers and instead of a staff of bells, a staff of ghost tags. She also had at least 3 packs full of ghost tags on her person.

Mitch grumbled but sat there.

"Leave that on for a bit silly. No negativity in this room!" Nestlie said, sticking more tags everywhere.

"Oi milady, yes, you were alone, hm hmm hm hmm hm hm," Nestlie said humming a happy tune. Mitch sat with a pout face.

I forgot the ghost tags. She must've been hiding in the hall. And I, like an idiot, missed her completely. Mitch texted to Rikki, since, he was unable to speak.

"Oh, the books are in the pack, of course. Two for each couple," Nestlie said, "And the couple's parents each get one. The couple's parents copies are different of course. The couple's copies say, this is what Mun says you can do. The parent's copies are for the parent's to say, I don't care if you CAN do this, I don't want to SEE you doing this. Make sense?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki blinked a couple of times, not sure if sincerity was an option, here... "Oh, I guess that what doesn't make sense now will be properly learnt. With experience. Right? And no," she added, trying to change topic, "I was never really alone. Valiant was a big brother to me all the time. We always cared for each other."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yer quite welcome. An' no, I was just wonderin' which was yer favourite, dat's all. We're gonna have ta learn stuff like dat about each ovver now dat we're housemates." Chris explains. "So... Is dere anyfink yer wanna know about me?"
"Oh, okay." Meeko had to think over some questions, most of them he could find an answer to later or just seemed rude to ask. He didn't want to ask nothing because that would also seem rude. So he went over his little list of questions and chose one, "Why did you offer me your place to live?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Some people don't need a reason to help someone," Jess chimed in. "It's just nice to be helpful."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets