HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

"Heh, well sure, I'll join in, I'm not too good, so don't expect much..." Dakotah said while tossing the ball at the hoop. The ball bounced off the rim and hit the floor "See?" He tossed the ball to Cody.
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"It's okay. It's tough to get used to. We're not really competing anyways. Just having fun, enjoying a nice day... What are you guys names, anyways?"

Aaron stood by Lance and tailwagged as he watched the new friends play some basketball.
Aaron - S 9, P 4, E 8, C 3, I 8, A 7, L 3 (SP)

Chase - S 6, P 8, E 5, C 8, I 6, A 4, L 5 (YsF)
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

"Well, my name is Dakotah and my husky friend here is Cody" Dakotah said looking back at Cody "Well, what's been goin on with you guys?"
Off the Air.
Firewolf

Post by Firewolf »

Cody dribbled the ball. "Do we want to play teams?" Cody asked.
Last edited by Firewolf on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Firewolf Cody North S-8 P-4 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-5

Life is like a book, each day is a new page. You have the pen in hand, now what are you going to write? Are you going to write a horror, romance, a fantasy? But write carefully, for you are using a pen and pages cannot be erased.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

(Not that I am an expert RP'er, but just in case you guys didn't know, you should check the OOC thread... I'm gonna make a post there in a minute)

""We don't have perfectly even numbers for teams. We could just play 21. Or just shoot around. Or kick the soccer ball. Or play frisbee. Up to you guys!

If we really want to play teams, we can do Lance and I against you three. I am pretty good, so I should be on a team with only one other teammate...
"

Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

"Well doesn't matter much to me, it's what ever you guys want to do, I'll join" Dakotah said, looking at all the sport equipment they had laying around.
Off the Air.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"Well, basketball it is then. Me and Lance against the three of you. First one to 11 wins! Every basket is worth one point."

And the five proceeded to play a game of basketball...

BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

Near the neighborhood was a park with things like a basketball court.

Near the basketball court, there was a rock. It was a very nice rock. It was warm. It had no blockage of sunlight. It was low to the ground, wide, flat, and just the right shade of grey. It was a very nice rock.

On that rock laid Sunny. Sunny was a very nice cobra. Sunny liked sunning, funnily enough. Sure, the fact that he was nearly six feet of cobra coiled up on a rock would have been intimidating, but there was no reason to be intimidated by him.

Of course, then there was noise. It was a bunch of pets playing basketball. Sunny didn't mind, though. He watched for a few minutes, then returned to sunning himself.

When you're cold-blooded, doing nothing is a full-time job.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

So the basketball game began, with 5 canines, none of whom really knew each other, competing in a 2 on 3 battle for, well, fun! The game began with Aaron scoring quickly a couple of times, and Lance happily helping the collie to score by giving him two good assists. The doberman thought to himself Yes! We're winning already. Aaron is really good at basketball... but Cody and his team are pretty good too. . The dogs would idly chit-chat between baskets, mainly just congratulating each other for good moves. It was a friendly game, by most accounts. After Aaron's early scoring, Cody came back and scored for his team, with Dakotah missing shots, but Cody grabbing the misses and putting them in for points! Dakotah thinks to himself Man, I am doing absolutely terrible, but my team's good. Cody is like a super-athlete... man, I'm hungry. Derek, on the other hand, was thinking Man, sports really aren't my thing, I kind of wish I was a bit better. Even so, this is fun, glad I'm meeting some cool people.

Then Aaron would try to get Lance involved. He passed Lance the ball for an open shot, since the whole other team came after Aaron. The border collie told the doberman, once he caught the ball "Shoot, Lance!" Lance shot the ball, and missed, and the other team got the ball. Lance mumbled "Darnit, I can't believe I missed." Aaron trotted over to his new friend and gave him a quick side hug and said "Don't worry about it bud. Even the best players miss sometimes. You'll get it next time!" On the next possession, Derek took a shot and missed it, and looked a little down, but he was distracted from his disappointment by Lance's leaping grab of the ball. Derek complimented Lance on his quick grab of the ball before it bounced off the court in the direction of a rock with a huge snake on it.

The score was tied at 6, and Cody hit a nice shot after dribbling around Lance. He smiled and got a high five from Derek, but he felt a little down afterwards. I hope I'm not leaving the other guys out. he thought, looking at his teammates. So the next time they had the ball, he passed to Derek, who made a shot, and they high fived again.

It was tied at 9 points each, when Aaron decided to call for a break and have some water. Lance mentioned during the water break, "Dakotah, you're not too good at basketball, are you?" and laughed a bit. Everyone got a bit of a chuckle, including Dakotah. Lance turned to Aaron and said "It does make the teams more fair tho. Dakotah is fast but not good at the game, and Derek is kinda good at shooting, but isn't very fast, but you're both good at shooting and fast, so it all balances out." The border collie blushed a bit, and nodded in agreement.

After coming back into the game, the teams traded points back and forth, all the way to being tied at 20! (because, as everyone knows, you have to win by 2!). So, with all the dogs tired and panting, and the water pretty much all gone, they decided on a compromise. Aaron proposed "Why don't we just shoot from half court until we get a winner? Whoever makes one from half court wins. If everyone tries, and no one makes it, it's a proper tie."

Everyone agreed, so the dogs took turns shooting. Aaron first, and he missed. Then Dakotah, who almost threw the ball into the street! Then Lance, who didn't make it. Then Cody, who hit the backboard, but then it bounced too hard and came back to Derek. He was startled by the ball coming right to him, but he grabbed it, went to half court, and shot it... and made it! (L6) Cody and Dakotah jumped up and down happily as their team had won, and Aaron looked a little down, having lost, but he walked over to the hound and congratulated him. Derek replied "It was really just luck... I'm not that good at this stuff... it was a fluke."

After the game winds down, Lance paced towards Aaron and patted his back "It's okay bud. I missed, too. Derek had a lucky shot, and it was a really good game! And we had fun." The border collie nodded and side-hugged the doberman again, smiling a bit, as the canines drank the last bit of water and sat on the green grass, relaxing.

(Done in IRC...)

Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"Was a good game, huh guys?" Aaron said, sipping on water. He felt comfortable with his new friends, everyone here seemed so nice. Much better than back in Amsterdam. I wonder what that older dog is doing, hanging out alone over there... Looks kinda alone, but I wouldn't want to approach her. Too shy... Same with that snake. I'm too scared of snakes to approach him, but he looks like a pet, too.

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance nodded Yeah it was great game. He looked over at the Snake sunning its self on the rock. Hmm.. a snake, It looks like its a Cobra, you don't see many of them as pets. Lance thought to himself. He sometimes helps his Mom out at the Animal Control office doing what ever needs to be done (Mostly when their sort on staff that day or something) so he had processed many different kinds of Animals including exotic animals.

Hey there how are you doing. Lance said to the Cobra
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Derek was still a little dumbfounded at how he made that basket. "Everyone else is way better at sports than me. Well at least I helped in the end," he thought to himself. He saw Lance approach the snake, but he didn't feel comfortable following. He hadn't known any snakes at all. Derek was content to sit and relax for awhile, no one else looked really tired, but Derek felt beat.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Firewolf

Post by Firewolf »

Cody eyed the six feet of coiled Cobra cautiously. A snake? Can those even be pets? Cody wondered.

Cody happened to glance over to the street. "Mom?" He asked in surprise. "Cody! I've been looking for you. I thought you'd be here." she stated walking over. "Cody, your father called. We need to go home and talk." "Alright, but what's wrong?" Cody persisted. "Well, Cody..."

She went further to explain that Wesly North, (Cody's father) just got a job transfer to another airport, and this means that Cody and his family have to move again, even before they were unpacked. (Check OOC for explain)
Firewolf Cody North S-8 P-4 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-5

Life is like a book, each day is a new page. You have the pen in hand, now what are you going to write? Are you going to write a horror, romance, a fantasy? But write carefully, for you are using a pen and pages cannot be erased.
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

As Lance approached, Sunny lifted his head up. His forked tongue flitted out, tasting the air. Beyond that, he didn't really feel like doing much until the canine spoke. "I am doing well. This is a very warm rock; I like it." He remarked. "How are you?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance watched as Cody left with his mom and waved goodbye. He turned back to the Cobra . I'm doing good just got finished playing a Basketball game with my friends over there. Would you like to come over a sit by us? The names Lance by the way, whats yours?
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

"I dunno... This is a really nice rock..." He paused for a moment, then slithered down off of it. "Ah, why not. My name is Senakha... Sunny. Just call me Sunny. It's shorter that way. Nice to meet you, Lance."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Its nice to meet you to Sunny Lance said walking over to the guys. Sunny these are my friends, Aaron, He said pointing to the Border Collie Derek, He said pointing to the American Foxhound and Dakotah. He said pointing to the German Shepherd. Everyone this is Sunny. He said sitting down next to Aaron.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

By the time the snake came over to hang out with the canines, Aaron was hidden behind a bench, tail tucked between his legs, whimpering a bit. Not a snake, not a snake, not a snake... Ugh. Snakes are so scary. And that one is HUGE!!!

The border collie peeked out and tried to keep an eye on the snake and his friends, hoping that the large, scaled creature didn't hurt his new friends.

I really hope he doesn't come near me. I'll probably make a fool of myself! I'll scream like a girl and run. And then my new friends will think I'm silly. I just hope it doesn't see me.

No! Lance pointed to me, uhh..., ummm...

Aaron waved around the bench, still kinda shaking, scared for his life. He noticed Lance sit next to him and whispered "Why are you talking to the snake! It's HUGE and scary! It could eat us whole!"

Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Dakotah seemed interested in meeting the snake, "Oh, cool..." he said "I've never seen a snake as a pet before, what's up?" he asked, wanting to get to know more of Sunny.
Off the Air.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance blinked a little confused. Oh man he's terrified of Sunny Don't worry Aaron I doubt Sunny would hurt any of us. Even if he tried I would be there to protect you. Lance said putting a hand on Aarons' shoulder to calm him down.

Now come on say Hi to him I promise he won't hurt you Lance smiled reassuringly.
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

Sunny gave Aaron a deadpan look - about as well as a cobra could - then blatantly ignored him, turning to Dakotah. "Well, I was on a very nice rock just a moment ago. Now I am not on that rock. I was just relaxing after my weekly milking; since the only reason my family's allowed to keep me around is if once a week I go to the vet and get the venom removed. I haven't gone after live prey in years, though, so it's really just procedure at this point."

He glanced back to Aaron. "As I just said, I don't go after live prey." His tongue flitted out for a moment. "Besides, you look too tough and dirty to be tasty. You're near the bottom of the 'desire to eat' list, just below 'a gerbil that had been frozen for six months' and 'a leather shoe'. So I have a feeling you have nothing to worry about."
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

"Cool" Dakotah said, laughing a bit at what Sunny had said to Aaron. "So you just moved here too, I'm assuming?"
Off the Air.
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

He shakes his head. "I've been here a while; I just rarely get out. More and more recently, though, as the one who picked me out is getting ready to ship off to college. I doubt they'd want him to have a pet that is nearly as long as he is tall in the dormitories, so I'm staying at home with the parents. They don't want me to feel lonely while they're off at work, so as long as I don't cause trouble, they're fine with me trouncing about."
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"O-okay... I'll try..." Aaron said as he reluctantly walked over towards Derek, Dakotah, and the new snake...

If Lance wasn't so sweet about it, there's no way I'd be over here... Aaron thought as he sat down, close to the snake, but making sure to keep Lance between him and the scaled creature.

"Uh, ummm, I'm not dirty... I bathe every day. :( B-but if you won't eat me, that's good..."

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance nodded So that's why I haven't seen you around here before Lance said to Sunny.
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Dakotah couldn't help but just chuckle at how Aaron was reacting "Dude, he's not going to do anything to you, you're fine." He said trying to help make Aaron feel better too.
Off the Air.
devils

Post by devils »

Cinder walked down the street, unfamiliar with the layout of this new town. Him and his owner just moved in and he was hoping to make new friends. He was happy to move out of his old town, to start a new chapter in his life. As he strolled along the sidewalk he thought to himself "I hope the pets around here are friendlier the ones in my old town.". As a pup in his old town he was teased for his lightly colored fur and that caused him to rely on a close group of friends. Because of that he's become a bit wary of new people.
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

"Well, now what do we do?" Dakotah asked looking around at everyone sitting all around eachother.
Off the Air.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go home... I'm kinda tired, I think I'm gonna relax for a bit... ummm, we should hang out again tomorrow?" Aaron said as he stood up and waved to everyone and started to get ready to walk back home.

"Umm, Lance, can you keep my basketball and just bring it back to me later?" The collie asked after taking a few steps and picking up his things, putting them into the bag he had put the water in...

Aaron kicked his soccer ball down the sidewalk back towards his house, when he kicked it forward and it popped back to him, and he heard a noise. He looked up and saw that he had hit a dog in the legs with the ball.

"Uhh, oh, umm, Sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." Aaron said. He then got a little wide eyed as he realized he was talking to another border collie, with light blue fur. "I uhh, I didn't know there were any other borders who lived here. Ummm... I'm Aaron." he said, as he offered his paw to the new border.

devils

Post by devils »

Cinder was snapped out of his train of deep thought when he felt something hit him. He looked down and saw a soccer ball. He then looked up to see it's owner, another border collie just like him. He heard the other border collie apologize for hitting him with the ball. "It's ok, I wasn't really paying attention myself." He replied. He was a bit surprised at first, he had never met another border collie before. Back in his old town he was the only one.

He watched as the other collie extended his paw and called himself Aaron. He slowly met Aaron's paw with his own and shook it. "Hi Aaron....I'm ummm..My names Cinder. I just moved here and was trying to become familiar with this place."

Cinder looked down at the soccer ball again. "So ummm....you play soccer?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance waved as Aaron said good bye Yeah I'll keep it safe for you. See ya tomorrow Aaron. He said picking up the Basketball from the ground and setting it down near him.

Man what a great day this has been. I made some great new people, especially Aaron,man hes cute I wonder if... no hes probably not into guys anyway plus I just met him today I wouldn't want to take things too fast.

He turned towards Dakota I don't know with Aaron and the rest of the stuff gone there isn't much else to do around here maybe we should call it a day unless you guys have any ideas. Lance said not really knowing what to do.
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

"Yeah, no clue what to do then..." Dakotah said, looking around trying to find something "umm well, I guess we could call it a day..." He said, a little disappointment in his voice. "Well, probably should get home anyway, see what my parents are doin... you think we could hang out tomorrow?"
Off the Air.
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

"It's getting late, and I'd rather not become roadkill, being so low to the ground and all; I'll just make my way home and meet up with you guys tomorrow. Besides, the perfect time to pray is just after Ra has finished his duties within the sky." Sunny flitted his tongue out, gave a smile to the canines, and began making his way home.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

devils wrote:Cinder was snapped out of his train of deep thought when he felt something hit him. He looked down and saw a soccer ball. He then looked up to see it's owner, another border collie just like him. He heard the other border collie apologize for hitting him with the ball. "It's ok, I wasn't really paying attention myself." He replied. He was a bit surprised at first, he had never met another border collie before. Back in his old town he was the only one.

He watched as the other collie extended his paw and called himself Aaron. He slowly met Aaron's paw with his own and shook it. "Hi Aaron....I'm ummm..My names Cinder. I just moved here and was trying to become familiar with this place."

Cinder looked down at the soccer ball again. "So ummm....you play soccer?"
"Yeah, I love soccer!" Aaron said, tail wagging "Do you like soccer? It's really fun. Back home it was the only thing anyone played, so we played it a lot. Oh, and ummm, I'm new here, too. My mom and dad just moved in, we live right over there." Aaron said, pointing at his house. It was clear that whenever sports are brought up, Aaron's mood perks up and he gets more comfortable.

devils

Post by devils »

Aaron wrote: "Yeah, I love soccer!" Aaron said, tail wagging "Do you like soccer? It's really fun. Back home it was the only thing anyone played, so we played it a lot. Oh, and ummm, I'm new here, too. My mom and dad just moved in, we live right over there." Aaron said, pointing at his house. It was clear that whenever sports are brought up, Aaron's mood perks up and he gets more comfortable.
"I don't play much soccer myself, but i don't mind it. I'm more of a baseball fan" Cinder replied. He was happy to meet someone else interested in sports. Back in his old town he was the only one who actively enjoyed playing sports. All the other pets would only play if there was nothing better to do while he would go out of his way to play them. Cinder started to feel a bit more at ease now that they both had something in common to talk about. "I live down the street there with my dad." Cinder said pointing to a cream colored house with brown steps leading to the front door. "So do you play any other sports besides soccer?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah I would definitely want to hang out tomorrow again Lance said. He waved good bye to Sunny and rubbed his stomach Sunny has a point it is getting late. Plus I'm getting hungry myself I should head home and get something to eat. My Mom and Dad should be off of work by now anyway. He said picking up the basketball.

Well I'll see you guys tomorrow He said to Dakotah and Derek walking off down the path out of the Park.
Forty Six & 2

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

"Alright" Dakotah said, getting up and stretching "Yeah, guess it is a little late..." he looked at Derek "Guess I'll see ya tomorrow then" waving to Derek and walking off to his home.
Off the Air.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

devils wrote:
"I don't play much soccer myself, but i don't mind it. I'm more of a baseball fan" Cinder replied. He was happy to meet someone else interested in sports. Back in his old town he was the only one who actively enjoyed playing sports. All the other pets would only play if there was nothing better to do while he would go out of his way to play them. Cinder started to feel a bit more at ease now that they both had something in common to talk about. "I live down the street there with my dad." Cinder said pointing to a cream colored house with brown steps leading to the front door. "So do you play any other sports besides soccer?"
"Yeah! I play pretty much anything a dog can play. Actually just played some basketball with some dogs from the neighborhood. It was fun. But yeah, I love anything with a ball or a frisbee! I like to watch baseball, too. It's fun to watch, to me at least." Aaron felt very comfortable talking about sports and wagged happily talking to his fellow border.

devils

Post by devils »

Aaron wrote: "Yeah! I play pretty much anything a dog can play. Actually just played some basketball with some dogs from the neighborhood. It was fun. But yeah, I love anything with a ball or a frisbee! I like to watch baseball, too. It's fun to watch, to me at least." Aaron felt very comfortable talking about sports and wagged happily talking to his fellow border.
"I enjoy basketball every once in a while, but it's not really my sport." Cinder said, wagging his tail. "Hey...would you maybe wanna go kick that ball around for a little bit? I mean if you're not to tired from playing basketball." He felt a little weird asking someone he just met to if he would want to go play, but for some reason he was comfortable around Aaron. "I think there's a park over there somewhere. I'm sure if we walk around for a little bit we can find it."
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

"Yea see you guys tomorrow!" Derek was a bit relieved that everyone was heading home, that basketball game had tired him out. He saw Aaron and another border collie across the street he didn't know, but felt too tired to even consider saying hi.

When he got home he could smell food being prepared. "Derek, is that you?" his mom called from the kitchen.

"Yea, it's me, when will supper be ready?" he asked. Plopping himself down on the soft couch in the family room.

"Just a little bit, be sure to keep whatever you're doing down, your Dad's a bit busy with work tonight."

"Alright" he said as he took the old cd player on the couch and checked the disk, it was one of his own. He settled down closing his eyes and let the music take him wherever it willed.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know