HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by MrNeonShot »

I don't know how much pie I'd be able to eat, but I'd love to! Wiggins replied.
All doubts about the people in the house had vanished now as he continued to eat the apple.
I'm sorry if you've already been asked this, but what do you do for a living?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, we live off our retirement funds. We're thinking of organizing a bed & breakfast."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:The red panda tilted his head the other way and watched him go.

"Odd fellow," the panda said, "Well, any ways, if you'll follow me miss. I need to meet up with my comrade at the Leone's to see if we've found anyone else. Oh, the name's Valsword by the way."
"I think we've met before," Jess said, "You took me and a few other pets to help sort dishes in the village after the flood. Anyway, before we go, can I go talk to him for a while," She indicated the cat who had just left. "He seems upset and helping people is kind of my thing."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch did some mental counting and nearly fainted after receiving the text.

50? Oh dear, Crazy Shore and the women are going to kill me. Mitch texted Rikki back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course of course," Valsword said, "I remember you. You've been very kind to us and are always welcome."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was a third red panda out and about, actually there were 4, but who cares where that one is. The third one, with a green neckerchief, had just hit his luck. A strange, small animal had just stepped out of his house right in front of him. His back was to him but was that a mink or a weasel? He didn't know, he was never too sure. Yet he walked up to the fellow anyway.

"Excuse me sir, may I have a word with ya?" the green guard said to Will.
FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

valerio wrote:The room was upstairs. Once they reached it, the old man opened the door...
On an empty room. A desk, a bed, no posters, no books, no pictures. A Kindle e-reader, a PSP Vita, an iPod and a tablet were the only signs that there was life at all in that room.
Trenton poked his head into the room and looked around. It seemed so barren. He smiled and saw the gadgets around the room. "Hey I have a Vita myself, tho' all I play is Persona on it." He stated. He did catch the scent of Valiant. Each dog had their particular aroma. He continued to look around. "Heh. I feel like a complete nerd compare to him. My old room back in LA had all types of gaming posters and what not. Why is his room so empty?"
Current Characters
Sunset Plateau - Trenton Reinhardt S[4] P[7] E[5] C[6] I[8] A[6] L[7]
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:"Of course of course," Valsword said, "I remember you. You've been very kind to us and are always welcome."
"Thanks," Jess said as she started to follow after the cat. "I'll be right back."

"Excuse me," she called after the cat when she'd nearly caught up with him. "I couldn't help but notice you seemed upset, and I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to help."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

FlyLikeAGShep wrote:Trenton poked his head into the room and looked around. It seemed so barren. He smiled and saw the gadgets around the room. "Hey I have a Vita myself, tho' all I play is Persona on it." He stated. He did catch the scent of Valiant. Each dog had their particular aroma. He continued to look around. "Heh. I feel like a complete nerd compare to him. My old room back in LA had all types of gaming posters and what not. Why is his room so empty?"
Elio looked out the window that rarely got opened. "For the same reason you were giving out those...troubled expression downstairs, ragazzo mio." He then turned. His face bore a sympathetic expression, warm. "My Valiant was so different, once. His old room was filled with almost everything that would reflect his personality. He was a good cop and a very nice 'doggie'.
"But he was too good a cop, in a country where the mob can be stronger than the State. The Mafia bribed his human partner and had Valiant lured in a trap. And to teach him a 'lesson', they cut off his arm, cauterized the wound and...forced him to look at his arm burnin in the fire.
"Valiant lived, of course, but they had made it: he was a broken spirit. He had been betrayed by the one human he'd rely on. And he wasn't able to do the one thing he did best. Even with the new arm provided by the Americans, he wasn't deemed fit to service in the DIA."
Elio sighed, crouched down and put his hands over Trenton's paws. "We moved here to help him let go of the demons eating him up, but I can assure you, it wasn't easy. Meeting Belisarius was the first real step toward his healing; heh, you may not see any pictures of that silly wolf here, but Val's device are pretty filled with them. Val still must learn again to...trust other people to look at his inner world.
"What I'm trying to say, ragazzo mio is, whatever it is that is making you feel bad inside, any time you feel like you really want to talk to someone else and count on discretion, you can count on us, ok? I know your humans must be two fine persons if they chose you... But sometimes, one needs to vent with another confessor."
He winked at the dog then stood up. "Wanted to tell you here and now so to avoid an embarrassing conversation downstairs; I'm pretty sure you would detest to be exposed in front of ohers, especially a bunch of new people you just met, am I right?"
---
xhunterko wrote:Mitch did some mental counting and nearly fainted after receiving the text.
50? Oh dear, Crazy Shore and the women are going to kill me. Mitch texted Rikki back.
Hey, *you* are the royalty. I thought Princes could hold larger numbers of guests. But don't worry, I am sure that, meat-side, tartares will do just fine. Luckily, ferals are not exactly known for finest cuisine.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Fank you. Dat wus delicious. Wiv cookin' like dat, you're B an' B would be a huge hit, I'm sure! Might I repay you wiv some magic?" Chris asks as she finishes her breakfast.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

valerio wrote: Elio looked out the window that rarely got opened. "For the same reason you were giving out those...troubled expression downstairs, ragazzo mio." He then turned. His face bore a sympathetic expression, warm. "My Valiant was so different, once. His old room was filled with almost everything that would reflect his personality. He was a good cop and a very nice 'doggie'.
"But he was too good a cop, in a country where the mob can be stronger than the State. The Mafia bribed his human partner and had Valiant lured in a trap. And to teach him a 'lesson', they cut off his arm, cauterized the wound and...forced him to look at his arm burnin in the fire.
"Valiant lived, of course, but they had made it: he was a broken spirit. He had been betrayed by the one human he'd rely on. And he wasn't able to do the one thing he did best. Even with the new arm provided by the Americans, he wasn't deemed fit to service in the DIA."
Elio sighed, crouched down and put his hands over Trenton's paws. "We moved here to help him let go of the demons eating him up, but I can assure you, it wasn't easy. Meeting Belisarius was the first real step toward his healing; heh, you may not see any pictures of that silly wolf here, but Val's device are pretty filled with them. Val still must learn again to...trust other people to look at his inner world.
"What I'm trying to say, ragazzo mio is, whatever it is that is making you feel bad inside, any time you feel like you really want to talk to someone else and count on discretion, you can count on us, ok? I know your humans must be two fine persons if they chose you... But sometimes, one needs to vent with another confessor."
He winked at the dog then stood up. "Wanted to tell you here and now so to avoid an embarrassing conversation downstairs; I'm pretty sure you would detest to be exposed in front of ohers, especially a bunch of new people you just met, am I right?"
Trenton listened deeply to the tale woven by the elder. The shepherd could certainly empathized with Valiant. The feelings of his puphood came flooding back into his mind: The betrayal, the anguish, the backstabbing, and the pain. He bit his lower lip as he grabbed his chain leash. Those were times Trent never wanted to relive. He completely understood the lost of something precious. He his fold back against his head as a couple of tears rolled down his cheeks. The old man was very perceptive, however he has had experience. "Heh, i guess I do a poor job at hiding it huh?" He let out a long, heavy breath. "Thank you for not putting me on the spot downstairs, Mr Leone." He whipped away the tears, yet they had already soaked into his fur. "I understand what Valiant went through. I haven't lost an arm. Yet because of my hardships, I have become legally blind. Without my glasses, everything is blurry to me."

He took off his glasses and looked at the blob who he assumed was Elio. Taking a close look one could see stunning jade coloration of his irises, yet, with closer inspection, his pupils had streaks of white within them. He put his glasses back on. "Its led me not to trust anyone. Be they humans or animals. The only people I trust is Austin and Maxwell. Don't get me wrong, I can be friends with people and have a great attitude towards them. Yet, it takes hoops and loops to earn my trust." He grabbed his phone from his waistbag and showed him a picture of owners. Austin was caucasian, ginger male who was stout in build. He was holding Trenton with one arm. His face was covered with a fiery beard. Maxwell on the other hand, was had a swimmer's build. "Heh, with the color of his skin, I tend to call Maxwell an otter sometimes." It was a strange comment, yet Trent wanted to cheer himself up with a smile.

He put away the phone but the dog bit his lip in anxiety. He knew he couldn't hid anything from the old man. "I'll be honest with you. I don't have all my faith in Max and Austin. I've never told them that. I just feel like they'll abandon me like my original family did." The shepherd struggled to hold back tears. He quickly smacked his cheeks and shook his head. "I'm fine...."

"You're so weak. Look at you crying and trusting this old fool. Numero Uno, kiddo. Haven't the streets taught you that already."

"SHUT UP!" He yelled as he hit his head. He quickly stopped what he was doing. The action probably seem pretty peculiar to the old man. "I...I..." He quickly tried to recovered from the situation. "I-It will take some t-time to open up, Mr. Leone. I guess I'm similar to Valiant. Search for that someone I can completely put my trust in, ya know."

「I may be asleep after this. Hopefully I'll be up within a few hours. I'll set my alarm for 10 am EST. Just hit me on skype if you need to contact me. Crimsonheat」
Current Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Elio just nodded, his warm expression not faltering a moment.
"It always takes time, boy. I've been there, and I lost count of the times I had to repaint Val's room because he kept digging in the walls with his claws. Sometimes, a good old tussle is what it takes, and I'm sure Val will help you to vent if you needed to: I'm too old for that, but again, just knock at our door and you'll be welcome. Anytime." The man went to the door and opened it. "Now let's go back to these new friends before they start eating my wife. heh."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Fank you. Dat wus delicious. Wiv cookin' like dat, you're B an' B would be a huge hit, I'm sure! Might I repay you wiv some magic?" Chris asks as she finishes her breakfast.
"Why, that would be fantastic! In fact, you just gave me an idea: If you're good, why not organize a nice show every now and then, to the benefit of our guests? it'd make their staying here more lively."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'd be glad to. Dad would love da' too." Chris pulls out a pack of cards and gives it a shuffle.
"Pick a card." Once Mrs. Leone has picked a card, Chris has her put it in the pack. She gives the pack a shuffle and then sneezes and rubs her nose.
"Sorry, where wos I? Oh, yes, Findin' your card." She clicks her paw and makes a card jump out which she catches and hold it up for the lady to see.
"Is dis your card?" she asks, knowing full well it isn't. When she gets a negative reply, she frowns, looking confused, and makes another couple of cards jump out of the deck, all of which are also wrong. She's about to make a fourth card jump out when she appears to choke. She coughs a few times and then a folded and somewhat damp card falls out of her mouth and into her paw. Setting the rest of the deck on the table, she slowly unfolds the card, making sure that it's always visible to Mrs. Leone.
"'ow about dis one? Is dis yer card?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

"My," the woman whispered. She's seen her share of stage magicians in her life, but this was a first, even for her. "My, you *are* good. And what could you do, say...with an apple?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris had hoped that Mrs. Leone would ask that and she had slipped a preprepared apple into the bowl earlier.
"Wewl.. Yer know how dey say money don' grow on trees? Wewl, dey're no' quite right. It only grows own some trees like apples, fer instance. Yer jus' 'ave t' know 'ow t' find it." Chris picks her planted apple out of the bowl and pulls a wand out of her bag. Tapping the apple, she says a few magic words and then using a knife from the table cuts the apple in half to reveal an American dollar bill rolled up inside.
"See? An orchard is a worfwhile investment." Grinning, Chris munches the apple, hiding the evidence of her "preparation".
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

valerio wrote:Elio just nodded, his warm expression not faltering a moment.
"It always takes time, boy. I've been there, and I lost count of the times I had to repaint Val's room because he kept digging in the walls with his claws. Sometimes, a good old tussle is what it takes, and I'm sure Val will help you to vent if you needed to: I'm too old for that, but again, just knock at our door and you'll be welcome. Anytime." The man went to the door and opened it. "Now let's go back to these new friends before they start eating my wife. heh."
Trenton laughed a bit. He wiped his face from any tears. "Thank you, Mr. Leone. I should have already realized that I'm not the only being going thorough issues. I probably will talk to Val. He will probably be the first real friend I actually make. And I will be happy about that." He gave a big smile and open the door. "So let's go back down. I wouldn't mind some more sweets."
Current Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Chris had hoped that Mrs. Leone would ask that and she had slipped a preprepared apple into the bowl earlier.
"Wewl.. Yer know how dey say money don' grow on trees? Wewl, dey're no' quite right. It only grows own some trees like apples, fer instance. Yer jus' 'ave t' know 'ow t' find it." Chris picks her planted apple out of the bowl and pulls a wand out of her bag. Tapping the apple, she says a few magic words and then using a knife from the table cuts the apple in half to reveal an American dollar bill rolled up inside.
"See? An orchard is a worfwhile investment." Grinning, Chris munches the apple, hiding the evidence of her "preparation".
"Dear, we should adopt *you*. At leat, our food would cost next to nothing, eventually..." she was about to ask for the next trick, when Elio and Trenton came down the stairs. "There they are! I feared you were getting our guest ready for a nap." Then she winked to Chris. "Elio is one old stubborn warhorse. Think you can impress him?" To her husband, she said, "Chris can do magic tricks -and do *not* scoff! She's good."
Elio knew better than arguing. He sat down on the armchair.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins watched happily as the dog did her magic.
She really is cute... he thought to himself.
But she's a dog, not a rabbit. Father and Mother wouldn't be pleased if I messed up their campaign by getting mixed up in inter-species dating. he thought as he finished his own apple.
He took a peach from the table and tried to remember which foods he wasn't supposed to eat, then took a bite out of the peach.
A bed and Breakfast you said earlier? With such a wonderful house and marvelous hospitality, you would easily get a hundred people here! Although, it may be trouble to fit them all in. Wiggins said, switching his personality to one that he uses to charm the humans, like he was taught to.
I would be pleased to see more magic tricks myself, madam.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
FlyLikeAGShep

Post by FlyLikeAGShep »

Trenton was quickly on Elio's heels as he arrives back down the step. He sets back down at the table and grabs another of the pastries. He sighs in content. "Sweets always make me feel better." He mumbled to himself. He look around the table and quickly focus on the conversation at hand. "Magic? Like Illusionary Magic or Magick magic." He was being a bit of a nerd again. "Regardless of which, I love watching it." He started intently at the Spaniel. He always tried to percieve how the illusion worked. He always thought that it was a sleight of the hand and it took dexterous fingers to accomplish.
Current Characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris clears a space on the table and begins pulling things from her bag. "Awlright, den. 'Ere's one I'm sure yer've seen before. It's th' old balls and cups trick. I take free cups an' put dem on th' table. Den I take free balls and stick dem on th' cups. Next I take a ball, vanish it, an' den it reappears under th' cup. So I do th' same wiv th' ovver balls. Now I show yer dat the cups are empty and th' balls are all in th' middle cup. Finally, I like to make dis trick worth somefin'." Chris finishes by lifting each cup in turn, starting from the outside and doing the middle last to reveal a British five-pound note under each cup with no balls in sight and when she lifts the middle cup a small cascade of loose change flows out along with the note. She then stacks the two outer cups on the central one, taps them, and then lifts them to reveal an orange.
"I like to be 'ealfy too. 'Ow's dat fer magic?" she asks with a bow, scooping her cups and money back into her bag.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins claps his paws.
That was very entertaining! How long have you been doing this? the rabbit asked.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Wow, you're very talented." Matatabi commented.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

As Will arrived at the park, he let out a small sigh of relief. "S-so far, everything is fine," he told himself, as he sat on a swing. "I'm surprised I haven't s-seen anyone yet, but knowing this neighborhood, that will happen s-soon." He pulled out a small journal from his collar, light teal with a drawing of a treasure chest on it.

The journal was actually full of his writings. Paige had helped him discover that though he had difficulty talking without stuttering around people, on paper his words came out not just clear, but beautifully. He had a knack for this kind of thing, and his current project was a book. He had yet to tell anyone about it, mostly because it just never came up, but partially because he was worried that others may not like it as much as Paige had.

His mind turned to the book he was writing--an adventure story about a young raccoon who inherits an heirloom from his grandfather that turns out to grant him control of the wind--and he put pencil to paper, the scritch sound of such an action marred by the rub of his eraser, or a thoughtful hum.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

His quarry moved fast, but he was not about to give up. The green neckerchief panda guard caught back up with Will as he was sitting down. The guard walked up to him again.

"Excuse me sir, may I ask you something?" The guard said.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris smiles in a coy manner. "Fank yer kindly. I've been doin' magic fer more years dan I care t' remember. I always liked magic and Dad saw dat I was good so 'e taught me everythin' 'e knew. I wos s'posed to 'elp in his act bu' it ended up bein' more my act than 'is. We nevva managed t' ge' a contract though which is why we moved ova 'ere."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will jumped in his seat at the sudden voice, and due to it being a swing, completely fell on his face. As he got up, he picked up his notebook and pencil, and turned to the panda. "S-s-sorry about th-that!" he cried. "You s-startled me a b-bit." He brushed himself off, and added, "Y-yes, ask away."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Thats a real shame, Chris. Your really good!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Heh yeah, the lake view will be nice too. Mitch texted back to Rikki. He had walked about half way there. He didn't want to just jump. He had a lot on his mind.
The red panda face palmed.

"Sorry sir, sorry. Terribly sorry. But if I may, we are doing some new guard training and are in need of extra help. What we need sir, are a number of individuals to practice an escort mission or two with," the guard said, hoping that came across, "We'd use our own, but the logic is that they'd be too familiar to us and not help us react in a real situation."
Satisfied that the guests had been entertained sufficiently, the red panda, with a purple neckerchief on, walked into the living room where the pets were gathered.

"Hello. Excuse me for moment, if I may. May I have your folks attention for a moment?" the panda asked.
Last edited by xhunterko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hlaoroo wrote:Chris smiles in a coy manner. "Fank yer kindly. I've been doin' magic fer more years dan I care t' remember. I always liked magic and Dad saw dat I was good so 'e taught me everythin' 'e knew. I wos s'posed to 'elp in his act bu' it ended up bein' more my act than 'is. We nevva managed t' ge' a contract though which is why we moved ova 'ere."
"Wow. So has your family been doing magic for a while?" Matatabi asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"S-sure, I can t-try to help, I guess." Will nodded at the guard. "Just t-tell me what you need me to do."
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

".........Why." Blay said, stopping suddenly.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, 'e's done it fer years! I've seen pictures ov 'im as a boy doin' magic. Gran'ed it wos basic stuff coz he couldn't afford much bu' it woz magic." Chris looks to the panda as he speaks.
"Oh. Didn't see yer come in. Wot's up?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins smiled at the panda guest-- I mean newcomer.
You have my attention, sir.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Elio and Cinzia both nodded. "You do, Sir. Please, speak," the old man said. With time, he had learnt that the red pandas would live by their own code, it was useless to try and out-manner them.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

SuperStar wrote:".........Why." Blay said, stopping suddenly.
"Do I need a reason?" Jessica replied. "I always try to be helpful whenever I can."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm listening." Matatabi said, looking at the newcomer.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay thought i over, then sighed. "No. I don't need any help, for anything."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Oh," Jess said, disheartened that she couldn't help. "Well, I'm Jessica. Are you new in town?" she offered her paw for a shake
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

By now Mitch had reached the Leone's. He smiled as he saw the place, letting his gaze go to the upper windows where Rikki's room was. Though seeing what time it was, she probably wasn't home. Mitch sighed.

Why oh why did you reinlist??? He thought. He walked up to the back door and quietly slipped in. At first scent he noticed the unfamiliar smells. Then he noticed a familiar one. As the panda started to speak he stayed in his place and listened. Then he waited for the response.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you. And thank you lord and lady of the house. Now if I may, share a proposal with you. Our village has recently acquired some new members by fortuitous events and some of them have decided to become village guards. Currently these are in training for escort missions. We are asking for outside volunteers to act as escortees, if you will," the panda stated, "We'd use our own but the logic is that this presents a more real situation then someone we are familiar with. We will only borrow you about half a day, with food and drink provided. You'll be taken on a litter for a little trip through the woods, and if you take the northern party, in an underground tunnel route. Anyone interested?"
The red panda in charge of Will bowed a tad.

"Thank you sir, thank you," he said, "First thing though if you'll come with me, we need to meet up with my comrades at the Leone's house. From there we will head to our village. My name is Fellsward, pleasure to meet you."
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay slowly shook her paw. "Well. I've been here for awhile, but it's only now that I got out of the house. My name is Blay, Blay Shines. I live here with my brother, Matthew."
Last edited by SuperStar on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Soun's like fun! Trea'ed like a queen fer a day! I'wl do i'! I'wl 'ave t' run i' by Dad first dough."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I would love to help!