HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Nora answered Rikki's question, and the talk in the room turned to ceremony plans and travel plans. Making sure the clothes were just so on each of them. Mitch could only watch and admire as the families came together. THEN Benjamin entered from the room from the back.
"Finally," Nora said, but Benjamin Grandestaffe, the Grandestaffe chieftain, Mitch's father, was busy on the phone. Nora shook her head, like usual. Benjamin lifted his head after speaking with the party on the other end, noticing Mitch and everyone and a sly grin played on his face. Nora turned her head a little, curious.
"AND second to lastly, Mr. Spencers, I must adjure you, there are multiple species involved with our secret visit," he said, "While we are mostly omnivorous, we DO need to be cautious about the diets, of the species of black ferret, wolf, wolfdog, as well as red panda. We need to be careful you know? Are you capable of taking that into account?"
Mitch shook his head and wandered over to Rikki, kissing her.
"You, look fabulous," he said.
Two Left Arm guards came in behind Benjamin and stood at the door, in silent guard pose, rifles held relaxed. Their faces expressionless, their burgundy hoods covering their faces and the cloaks covering the rest. The silent guard of the chieftain himself and the royal family.
Mitch nodded to them and they nodded back in return.
"You may rest assure, Your Majesty: The island can fully provide the dietary needs of multiple species. In fact, only in case of feeding, hunting is allowed as well, if you prefer your steak...really mean. If you want to send us a specific list of preferred food to our kitchen staff, please refer to [email protected] . Is there anything else I can do? Please do not refrain, Your Majesty: I want to make sure your stay will be not less than...overwhelming. Our own shamans are at disposal for visits and cultural exchanges."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty nods eagerly and vigorously shakes Jason's hand.
"So how fast can this thing go? Will I be able to run eventually? Or dance?" he asks, apparently already forgetting the man's warning.

~~~~~~~~
"Well, dere's a lot tae take in in a new town." Chris points out before looking back at Trello.
"What's dat one, Trello? Dat ain't no dandelion."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty nods eagerly and vigorously shakes Jason's hand.
"So how fast can this thing go? Will I be able to run eventually? Or dance?" he asks, apparently already forgetting the man's warning.
"Heh. Running is not really an option, not with this model. But you will be able to climb, and walk on difficult terrains. Dancing, yes. The gyroscopes will be able to help you, once you mastered your commands. But, again, you must be patient, train a lot, and remember: you have a more sophisticated help, not a new body. Forgetting that may lead to frustration, I expect you to stay lucid until you are able to go to your first prom night. Your mom, you friends, will play a very important role."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc:I think i'm supposed to post? Let me know if I forgot anything.

The family finishes the phone call with Spencers, Benjamin checks his phone.

"Oh boy, an hour and a half, I best get dressed," he said, going over to one of the clothes boxes and putting on the contents.

"Nothing fancy for you dear, well, maybe a little fancy," Nora said, smiling, he just shook his head. The robe was similar to Mitch's, albeit his accents were gold, and of course, his favorite color, blue. His sash was a little larger and his emblem took up more space. His crown was also necklace like, and fit around his forehead. It was decorated with feathers. He smiled and nodded. THEN his phone chirped, and he took it out and looked, it was bad.

"Oh dear," he said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nope! It's a milkweed! We use it for balms, and rubs, and well, all sorts of things," she said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The battered panda set down the menu with a sigh.

"No no, nothing like that. Wouldn't dream of doing that. Just, sigh," he said, rubbing his arms, "Old scars, bad people, did many bad things. Many bad. Many fights. Run over with a truck, twice, eh heh heh." He then looked to the owner.

"Just t-two personal ham and cheese f-fur here and a small p-pepperoni to go," he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gizmo's hosing down was done, he was handed a towel to dry off with.
Gael

Post by Gael »

Gizmo happily dries off before putting all of his technology back into his collar and pointing out the left arm guard to everyone "So...does anyone know him or..."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Milkw-weed?" Will inquired, noticing a pattern. "Why are a-all of the medicinal plants c-considered weeds?"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Just proves I shouldn't ever challenge you, sir," Zachary said, impulsively cleaning a spot on the table. "I think I'd lose against a scooter. Two trucks? Really?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'll do my best." Scotty nods. "But I can't promise I won't need a reminder from time to time. So what do we do next?"

~~~~~~~~
"Dat's a very good question actually, Will. Do you 'ave a very good answer, Trello?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I'll do my best." Scotty nods. "But I can't promise I won't need a reminder from time to time. So what do we do next?"
"We keep training, but this time it will be with a walk outside. After all, you really have nothing to hide, eh?" Keeping the cat's paw, the man led him gently toward the truck's exit. The wheelchair followed him with a soft hum. "The chair is programmed to stay with you. You can program it to stay if you want, but in this early stages I recommend you have Ed handy, so that you can go back and sit before the skeleton's battery runs dry."
---
"Hello, handsome stranger," said Wednesday peeping out the fox's pocket. "Why so nervous?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Hopefully not too much text?

Trello shrugged cutely, turning around a brief second.

"We didn't know no better!" Trello said, stashing the plant in her basket.

"Just like I didn't know no better when I started. THEN I picked some poison ivy and asked gram a few questions," she said, "I started this as a love of collecting strange flowers, and now I'm a Medicinal Gatherer. Might not sound like much but when you're in a feral community you can do a lotta good with a lotta good plants!"

"Any of you collect anything? What about you Meeko?" Trello asked the group and Meeko.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh dear what?" Mitch asked.

"Sigh, Gavin tossed a grenade at a pet, and now it's all over Channel 5!" Benjamin said, angry. Mitch was furious. He shut his eyes and closed them. Channel 5 was one of The Orginization's supporters. Also very, very anti-animal. Mitch shook his head.

"Well son, what do we do?" Benjamin asked him. Mitch blinked.

"You're asking me?" He said. Benjamin nodded. Mitch thought for a few minutes.

"Sigh, okay, we have to respond now," Mitch said, "Close the other border points other than the ones the buses are using. Switch to modern weaponry and army. Have three check points leading to the bus entrance, stop and search the buses for explosives. Search the entry for explosives. Do a sweep around the village. Have a tank at the mid-stop. Two choppers in the air for a search. Uh." He stopped a second, then smiled.

"But keep the crossbows clearly visible too," Mitch said, "We need to show our heritage too."

Benjamin sighed.

"Would you like a hot fudge sundae and a cherry on top with that?" He said sarcastically. Nora chuckled and waved a paw.

"At least he didn't ask for the hornets to be in the air," she chuckled. Benjamin rolled his eyes.

"I thought about it but I figured that'd be a bit too much," Mitch said, Benjamin nodded.

"Still, a bit standard response, don't you think?" He stated. Mitch shrugged.

"We ARE a modern, feral nation are we not? We need to show we can have a modern response right?" He said in defense. Benjamin sighed.

"Fine, fine, we'll have to cover our own as well though," Benjamin said, then, ringing his phone, he gave out orders. Then he called another phone.

"Mr. Spencers, I am sorry to bother you again, but, have you seen the latest news?" He asked the receiver when it was eventually picked up.

In the village's barracks, it was as if everything changed suddenly. Modern weapons and armor were sitting next to crossbows, brought up from the basement. A tank began rolling through the main village street from a forest clearing. The sound of a helicopter engine could be heard warming up from around the fields. A few people were confused and frightened, but officials ordered things back to normal. In a pizza restaurant, where a panda and fox with a rat in it's pocket were sitting at a table, a phone rang in the panda's collar.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The battered panda waved a paw.

"O-o-oh you'd d-do f-fine against a scoot-t-t-ter," the panda said, "B-but y-yes. Two. One was an a-c-c-c-cdent. The other was was was t-t-too 'teach me a lesson'." Then he felt his phone buzz. He fished it out of his collar. He set it on the table and set it to speaker phone.

"Sorry sorry this'll t-take a second h-hello?" the panda said.

"Trevor! Where are you? We've been given orders to get airborne!" The phone said.

"What's your eta to lift off?" The phone asked. Trevor, the battered panda, looked shocked.

"B-but, I'm-m on on leave? I thought thought I had had two...," he didn't get to finish.

"WHAT is your eta to lift off! You're our best chopper pilot we got and we," it said, Trevor cut it off.

"Bartleby can do it! I'm I'm on on on promised l-leave!" He said, angry. There was only two times Trevor spoke correctly. When he was angry, or he remembered something really, really well. The phone was quiet a second.

"Trevor, Bartleby failed basics twice and hasn't passed his thir," It said, Trevor cut him off again.

"He's CL-CLOSEST! And I'm on l-leave! And he will N-NEVER ev-ever ever p-pass an exam! But he h-has has a pilot's heart! P-pass him through and l-lift him off!" Trevor argued, the phone sighed. Then a mumbling was heard on the other end, then came the answer.

"Alright Trevor, but this is an infraction, dispatch out!" The phone went silent. Trevor gave a deep sigh of relief, then placed his hands together and looked up, thanking is lucky stars he argued out of dispatch!

"S-soorry," Trevor said, "Oh, Wed-wed-wed, uh, Wed. It's, because of, w-w-well." Here, he paused, rubbed his arms, and pointed to them.

"The the ones who g-gave me th-these," he said, "W-w-we still aren't s-s-sure if we got all all all th-the bad guys."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An ambulance worker waved a hand at Gizmo's question.

"Oh, it's adorable, they're the panda's 'secret service'," they said, "Don't mind..." Then he became speechless as the pandas transformed into a modern black ops unit in a split second in front of them! Then the running panda that passed by Trello's group caught up with them, still in traditional garb. He looked up in the sky with a pair of binoculars then barked at the two soldiers.

"Straighten up! That's Channel 5 up there you're on national news, look modern!" He stated. Then he himself jumped behind the fence, and a few seconds later, came back out in modern armor. He walked up to Gizmo and looked him over.

"Are you alright sir?" He asked the cat.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Oh dear what?" Mitch asked.
"Sigh, Gavin tossed a grenade at a pet, and now it's all over Channel 5!" Benjamin said, angry. Mitch was furious. He shut his eyes and closed them. Channel 5 was one of The Orginization's supporters. Also very, very anti-animal. Mitch shook his head.
"Well son, what do we do?" Benjamin asked him. Mitch blinked.
"You're asking me?" He said. Benjamin nodded. Mitch thought for a few minutes.
"Sigh, okay, we have to respond now," Mitch said, "Close the other border points other than the ones the buses are using. Switch to modern weaponry and army. Have three check points leading to the bus entrance, stop and search the buses for explosives. Search the entry for explosives. Do a sweep around the village. Have a tank at the mid-stop. Two choppers in the air for a search. Uh." He stopped a second, then smiled.
"But keep the crossbows clearly visible too," Mitch said, "We need to show our heritage too."
Benjamin sighed.
"Would you like a hot fudge sundae and a cherry on top with that?" He said sarcastically. Nora chuckled and waved a paw.
"At least he didn't ask for the hornets to be in the air," she chuckled. Benjamin rolled his eyes.
"I thought about it but I figured that'd be a bit too much," Mitch said, Benjamin nodded.
"Still, a bit standard response, don't you think?" He stated. Mitch shrugged.
"We ARE a modern, feral nation are we not? We need to show we can have a modern response right?" He said in defense. Benjamin sighed.
"Fine, fine, we'll have to cover our own as well though," Benjamin said, then, ringing his phone, he gave out orders. Then he called another phone.
"Mr. Spencers, I am sorry to bother you again, but, have you seen the latest news?" He asked the receiver when it was eventually picked up.
In the village's barracks, it was as if everything changed suddenly. Modern weapons and armor were sitting next to crossbows, brought up from the basement. A tank began rolling through the main village street from a forest clearing. The sound of a helicopter engine could be heard warming up from around the fields. A few people were confused and frightened, but officials ordered things back to normal. In a pizza restaurant, where a panda and fox with a rat in it's pocket were sitting at a table, a phone rang in the panda's collar.
"Yes I did. A grenade for a pet, how quaint.
"My informers tell me you are preparing for bears, which is good. I only feel like giving you a piece of advice: don't overshow it. Make it sure you're protecting the picket fences, not snarling at every neighbor in sight. In the US animals with modern weaponries are still an...oddity, response from civilians may err on the side of paranoia.
"As for our rendezvous, you may rest assured, my security covers...let us say, several layers that even a mortal is unaware of.
"And while we're at it, your Majesty, please consider another offer of mine for your people's safety: A special animal/human unit straight from my own secret services. Trained in modern military arts and in stealth, like no one else. One word from you and I will have them ready on your transport."

At the same time, Valiant and Rikki had gone back to full business mode. "This is our call," the wolfdog said. "Every member of the local K9U will be called back and Rikki is our intelligence. Sorry, but the trip will have to wait."
xhunterko wrote:The battered panda waved a paw.
"O-o-oh you'd d-do f-fine against a scoot-t-t-ter," the panda said, "B-but y-yes. Two. One was an a-c-c-c-cdent. The other was was was t-t-too 'teach me a lesson'." Then he felt his phone buzz. He fished it out of his collar. He set it on the table and set it to speaker phone.
"Sorry sorry this'll t-take a second h-hello?" the panda said.
"Trevor! Where are you? We've been given orders to get airborne!" The phone said.
"What's your eta to lift off?" The phone asked. Trevor, the battered panda, looked shocked.
"B-but, I'm-m on on leave? I thought thought I had had two...," he didn't get to finish.
"WHAT is your eta to lift off! You're our best chopper pilot we got and we," it said, Trevor cut it off.
"Bartleby can do it! I'm I'm on on on promised l-leave!" He said, angry. There was only two times Trevor spoke correctly. When he was angry, or he remembered something really, really well. The phone was quiet a second.
"Trevor, Bartleby failed basics twice and hasn't passed his thir," It said, Trevor cut him off again.
"He's CL-CLOSEST! And I'm on l-leave! And he will N-NEVER ev-ever ever p-pass an exam! But he h-has has a pilot's heart! P-pass him through and l-lift him off!" Trevor argued, the phone sighed. Then a mumbling was heard on the other end, then came the answer.
"Alright Trevor, but this is an infraction, dispatch out!" The phone went silent. Trevor gave a deep sigh of relief, then placed his hands together and looked up, thanking is lucky stars he argued out of dispatch!
"S-soorry," Trevor said, "Oh, Wed-wed-wed, uh, Wed. It's, because of, w-w-well." Here, he paused, rubbed his arms, and pointed to them.
"The the ones who g-gave me th-these," he said, "W-w-we still aren't s-s-sure if we got all all all th-the bad guys."
The rat gave him a thumb up. "Then go get 'em, my hero!"
It was nothing Jonas hadn't seen before -in fact, it passed rather quickly as officers patiently explained that this sudden crisis was being taken care of in a joint effort of the red pandas and the SP police. nevertheless... OK, Scotty, I think we're done experimentig for the moment. Go sit down in the chair. I'll show you how to move it, but it's quite intuitive." he made a grim face at the news his assistant had given him. Channel 5...a sore temptation to emendate freedom of speech...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Zachary watched the Panda talk with a new appreciation for him and his courage. "Mymother used to say," he said lightly, "you look after your loved ones, you look after your friends," he continued, giving Wed a scritch behind the ears to the 'f' word, "and you make any who threaten them? You make them regret it." He mused. "I hope Aryle's OK."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gael

Post by Gael »

xhunterko wrote: An ambulance worker waved a hand at Gizmo's question.

"Oh, it's adorable, they're the panda's 'secret service'," they said, "Don't mind..." Then he became speechless as the pandas transformed into a modern black ops unit in a split second in front of them! Then the running panda that passed by Trello's group caught up with them, still in traditional garb. He looked up in the sky with a pair of binoculars then barked at the two soldiers.

"Straighten up! That's Channel 5 up there you're on national news, look modern!" He stated. Then he himself jumped behind the fence, and a few seconds later, came back out in modern armor. He walked up to Gizmo and looked him over.

"Are you alright sir?" He asked the cat.
"Oh, yeah, I'm alright, just slightly shaken up by what just happened is all. Does this kinda thing happen often?"He asked, it's clear that Gizmo wasn't expecting the red panda militia to be a thing, meanwhile Gizmo's owner who had been watching the news up to that point bolted out of his house to go see if his pet was alright
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty is a little concerned about the kerfuffle a few blocks away but given that Jason and the passing police officer both seem calm, decides to put it from his mind and focus on his new technology.
"Okay... Just one question though. How do I make it sit?"

~~~~~~~~
"I 'ad a collection o' bones back 'ome in London but I 'ad ta frow 'em out before we came 'ere on account o' dey couldn't come frough customs. Ovver dan dat, I collect magic tricks, obviously, an' dat's about it, really. What about you, Meeko, Will, Trello?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty is a little concerned about the kerfuffle a few blocks away but given that Jason and the passing police officer both seem calm, decides to put it from his mind and focus on his new technology.
"Okay... Just one question though. How do I make it sit?"
"Just walk to it, and as soon as the sensors perceive you are at the right distance, it will arrange itself to see your body fit for sitting down. Then you just turn around and let yourself go and it will automatically catch you all nice and comfy."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

xhunterko wrote:"Any of you collect anything? What about you Meeko?"
Meeko glanced at the red panda bemoaning that they wanted to know something about him, if it was just Chris and Will he would have been a lot happier though a little uncomfortable to answer.
Hlaoroo wrote:"I 'ad a collection o' bones back 'ome in London but I 'ad ta frow 'em out before we came 'ere on account o' dey couldn't come frough customs. Ovver dan dat, I collect magic tricks, obviously, an' dat's about it, really. What about you, Meeko, Will, Trello?"
Stuff, seemed like too blunt of an answer that would just get a more specific question in reply. "Memories," Terrible ones. The ferret's eyes betrayed that he disliked it. "Knowledge." For all the good that was. "Nothing exciting." Meeko gritted that partial lie down wondering how much more they had to go.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Trello noticed.

"Oh, cool, like antiques and coins and cards? I used to watch tv back at my zoo and they had 'Antiques Roadshow' or something like it on every once in a while, you can get real rich if you find the right stuff! And bones? Wow," Trello said, "You don't toss 'em or anything to divine or nothing do ya?"

Trello noticed a familiar street name and realized they were nearing Animal Patrol. They had already gone through the back roads, taken a south turn, and all they'd have to do is take a left then another north.

"Oh hey, Animal Patrol is down this street," she said, "The coupla you that took drinks, hold your breath, heh."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benjamin winced at the pet's comments, but continued his conversation.

"We'll take any layers you are willing to provide, Mr. Spencers, however, our own security sweep will make us a few minutes late, pandas out," Benjamin said, hanging up.

"Ouch guys, really," Mitch said.

"My dear, do you think that a trip like this was planned overnight? A trip that has to be coordinated by at least four national governments? Several local governments? Municipalities? Districts? Especially when we and the Sunset Plateau Police agreed to a mutual coalition and I was allowed to pick my take of officers on my side under my control and I picked you and Valiant? And as of three weeks ago I set you on a three month leave with suitable replacements for the two of you? This trip is far too important to think of lightly, my dear," Benjamin said, clearly upset.

Nora sighed.

"We do still have a lot of work to do," She said.
Trevor looked back to his new friends.

"Well, well, well, eventually, we will, but, n-n-n-not me, not to-today at least but we'll get them," he said, then he looked at his wrist as if he had a watch, "Hm, fi-five minutes to lift off off. Hey, you guys know you can see it from these w-w-windows, come on! It'll b-b-be his-historic!" He dragged the fox to a window facing the forest, and stood on a seat.

"Let's s-s-see, he'll swerve le-le-left, smack over supply b-b-b-boxes, swerve right, hit the supply crane, sc-scrape the sidesss of the b-b-b-bay ceiling with the ro-ro-rotors, and," Trevor said, and as he said it, two helicopters rose out of the forest tree tops, Trevor looked on with pride, winced as one almost careened into another, then got back on course and started it's patrol. Trevor nodded. Trevor looked at the fox and the rat, smiling.

"Sometimes, y-you you just n-need some real exp-eperience to get y-your mind in the the the right place," he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The head patrol guard speaking to Gizmo shook his head.

"No it doesn't, but now it looks like the chances of it happening again are very slim, thanks to our buddy over there," he said, "We're supposed to use those on large predators, not civilians." The guard looked at the grenade debris.

"Luckily, that kind only had one effect, luckily," he said.

"Bomb disposal is on its way," head patrol guard's helmet said, he nodded.

"Acknowledged," he said, then he said to the cat, "Might want to stay put, your, your, owner, is on his way." The patrol guard said, showing clear distaste at the word owner.
Gael

Post by Gael »

xhunterko wrote: The head patrol guard speaking to Gizmo shook his head.

"No it doesn't, but now it looks like the chances of it happening again are very slim, thanks to our buddy over there," he said, "We're supposed to use those on large predators, not civilians." The guard looked at the grenade debris.

"Luckily, that kind only had one effect, luckily," he said.

"Bomb disposal is on its way," head patrol guard's helmet said, he nodded.

"Acknowledged," he said, then he said to the cat, "Might want to stay put, your, your, owner, is on his way." The patrol guard said, showing clear distaste at the word owner.
"Huh? How do you kn-" right on cue before Gizmo could even finish his question he is given a great big and somewhat to tight hug by his owner "Oh, thank God you're ok" "D-dad I'm happy that you're relieved b-but it's getting kinda hard to breathe" his owner lets go with a sheepish chuckle "Sorry but it's not every day you see your kid on the news for getting bombs chucked at 'em, even if it did turn out to only be itchy stingy kind, I think you can forgive my worrying" his owner turns to the patrol and the two red pandas, "I assume you all helped him, thank you so much. We're sorry for any inconvenience this caused"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"All of a sudden," Zachary advised his new Red Panda friend, "I'm rather glad I was only pursued by teams with crossbows! That is some serious hardware I'd like to fly in. Just the once," he quantified. "with a pilot who doesn't clip things."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Benjamin winced at the pet's comments, but continued his conversation.
"We'll take any layers you are willing to provide, Mr. Spencers, however, our own security sweep will make us a few minutes late, pandas out," Benjamin said, hanging up.
"Ouch guys, really," Mitch said.
"My dear, do you think that a trip like this was planned overnight? A trip that has to be coordinated by at least four national governments? Several local governments? Municipalities? Districts? Especially when we and the Sunset Plateau Police agreed to a mutual coalition and I was allowed to pick my take of officers on my side under my control and I picked you and Valiant? And as of three weeks ago I set you on a three month leave with suitable replacements for the two of you? This trip is far too important to think of lightly, my dear," Benjamin said, clearly upset.
Nora sighed.
"We do still have a lot of work to do," She said.
Valiant stood there and biinked, as if he couldn't exactly get in synch with what he'd just been told.
Rikki patted his tigh "Bro, this is...well, they are right you know, this can be taken care of by the rest of the team and the pandas are not unprepared. Plus, there's our friend Jonas who will give a hand, and he's from DARPA, so--"
"But that's not the point!" Valiant blurted. "Rikki, someone tossed a *grenade*, killed a pet! We're talking domestic terrorism, even if the law would not see that way! I-I can't just go and enjoy a vacation when--"
"Val, let's go for the bone, shall we? Had you heard of these news while on Meriweather, would you have stood there and sulked all the time until we came back? I want t put my claws around the throat of those monsters as would you, but you can't just take the weight of the world on your shoulders all the time. Please, this is an important step in your life as well--"
"I don't know what would I have done in a hypotetical situation, Rikki, but this is *now* and I still have a duty and I will not let *anyone*--"
It was at that moment that *KER-KLUNK!* Belisarius' fist fell on the wolfdog's skull in an eruption of stars and singing birds. Valiant went down like a broken doll, tongue protruding between his teeth bared in a funny expression.
"This should settle the question," the big wolf said, massagins his paw. "Last time he did that, he didn't stop for three hours and made me feel depressed."
The black ferret sighed. "I love him, but sometimes a hard reset is in order. Thank you, big stud, now let's set him up for the trip."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty nods and step by slow, painful step he arranges himself in front of the chair.
"What about my tail?" he asks using the onboard computer."Won't it get in the way?"

~~~~~~~~
"Nah, I'm a dog!" Chris laughs. "I chewed 'em!"
In a jovial mood, the spaniel takes a deep and loud breath and allows her cheeks to bulge comically in response to Trello's instruction.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty nods and step by slow, painful step he arranges himself in front of the chair.
"What about my tail?" he asks using the onboard computer."Won't it get in the way?"
Jason shrugged. "Sorry, but that can't be helped. You'll have to use your hands to arrange its position. Now that you're in the motion sensors' range, turn around and let your shoulders drop. The skeleton will move you into the proper sitting position at a proper speed. Ready?"
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will gave a light giggle in response to Trello's teasing. It didn't last long, however, as he remembered just what he was doing here. A small shudder went up his back at the thought of talking to that snake again, but he refused to let fear get in his way in this case. He tried to calm himself by answering Chris' question: "I think the c-closest I get to a collection currently is p-pencils. I don't collect them o-on purpose, I just go th-through them quickly."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: I have done my best but have been unable to connect with Civilization. If your out there Civ, sorry for losing you. Here's hoping your okay. ALSO if some else is more familiar with police proceedings after something like this then by ALL means please take over the officers. OR we can go over this with a quick hand wave.

Trevor looked at Zachary and smiled.

"Well, come visit me tomorrow, I should be able to get you in the air," he said, returning to his table, waving for the fox to follow.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ha ha! I shoulda figured," Trello said, then she paused, as they were in front of Animal Patrol.

"That's cool Will, it's nice to be active in a hobby," she said, then she looked at him with concern, "You sure you want to go in there?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The head patrol officer could be heard smiling.

"Well cat, dog's aren't the only ones that can smell, heh," he said, "Oh, by the by, sirs. I DO require you to stay ON the premises while we collect your statements for the records." As he said this, officers where posting the yellow tape with the letters Police Line Do Not Cross on it, BEHIND Gizmo AND his owner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Luckily for him, the grenade was a non-lethal scent style weapon," Benjamin said, then he looked at Rikki, "YOU, get the job of telling him that."

"The buses are being stopped and searched right now," he said, "Still, we've got an hour and fifteen til their arrival." He then went back to coordinating events on his phone. Nora nodded.

It was here that Anthweather sprung into action. Fetching a chair and a couple brooms, and several other hand maids, they gently set Valiant in a chair. They then tucked the broom handles under his shirt behind his shoulders, then draped a cape over him, hiding the broom handles. They then tilted him ever so slightly forward, and laid his hands over one another. Anthweather smiled.

"A trick we learned from an English maid," she said, "Now he looks like he's in solemn prayer and no one will question why his eyes are closed or ever bother him, eh heh."

Mitch shook his head. Still, he turned around, crossed his arms, and tilted up his nose comically, looking away from Rikki. Making sure his tail swished across her feet to assure her he was just teasing.
Gael

Post by Gael »

"That's understandable I'll go wait over here, I doubt I have any meaningful statement to give" he sits on the sidewalk near the edge of the tape. Gizmo turns to tue patrol guard again, "I noticed you seemed to show distaste when you said my dad was coming, did something happen with humans earlier or is it because you find the wild preferable to domestic life...I'm just curious you don't have to answer?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, but I mean, if I forget and my tail is in the way, will the machine stop? Or will it get crushed?" Scotty asks, arranging himself and nervously pushing down his shoulders.

~~~~~~~~
"Yeah, we'll support you eivver way, Will. You ain't done nuffink wrong."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Zachary allowed, moving back to the table, "my evenings aren't going to be boring for a while. Moving up to the village after work. Out with you tomorrow... You coming along tomorrow, Wed," he asked,gently tapping the Rat in his pocket. "Go where few Rats have ever gone before?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"N-no, I do want to do this. I have to do this." Will looked towards the building, his eyes firm. "If I didn't go in, if I didn't at least try... I wouldn't feel right about it."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah, but I mean, if I forget and my tail is in the way, will the machine stop? Or will it get crushed?" Scotty asks, arranging himself and nervously pushing down his shoulders.
"Well, by now you should be doing like you do when you used to sit on your old wheelchair: you lift your tail out of the way...right'"
---
xhunterko wrote:"Luckily for him, the grenade was a non-lethal scent style weapon," Benjamin said, then he looked at Rikki, "YOU, get the job of telling him that."
"The buses are being stopped and searched right now," he said, "Still, we've got an hour and fifteen til their arrival." He then went back to coordinating events on his phone. Nora nodded.
It was here that Anthweather sprung into action. Fetching a chair and a couple brooms, and several other hand maids, they gently set Valiant in a chair. They then tucked the broom handles under his shirt behind his shoulders, then draped a cape over him, hiding the broom handles. They then tilted him ever so slightly forward, and laid his hands over one another. Anthweather smiled.
"A trick we learned from an English maid," she said, "Now he looks like he's in solemn prayer and no one will question why his eyes are closed or ever bother him, eh heh."
Mitch shook his head. Still, he turned around, crossed his arms, and tilted up his nose comically, looking away from Rikki. Making sure his tail swished across her feet to assure her he was just teasing.
Belisarius clapped his paws in admiration. "Ohh, I used to do that when i feigned to be a scarecrow and wait for the sheeps to come close enough to pounce them! Really brilliant."
---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," Zachary allowed, moving back to the table, "my evenings aren't going to be boring for a while. Moving up to the village after work. Out with you tomorrow... You coming along tomorrow, Wed," he asked,gently tapping the Rat in his pocket. "Go where few Rats have ever gone before?"
The rat gave a look at the fox. She shrugged. "Know what? I still love adventure. Let's go!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right, den." Chris nods, clapping Will on his shoulder. "We gotcha back. Let's do it."

~~~~~~~~
valerio wrote:"Well, by now you should be doing like you do when you used to sit on your old wheelchair: you lift your tail out of the way...right'"
Scotty grabs his tail as the machine lowers him.
"Well, I try. But depending what I'm moving from, it's not always possible. You need an extra paw sometimes." he types. "And since you haven't really answered the question... I'm guessing it's a no?"
The cat looks somewhat nervous as the machine comes to rest with him fully seated again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Easily as the human had promised, Scotty's legs sat him down onto the chair, and then the exoskeleton detached with a series of clicks and whirrs, before retreating into the machine.
"First trial successfull, I'd say. Bravo! Wasn't so bad, eh?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The officer folds his arms, looks down, then looks back up to Gizmo.

"Well, he says, to a free citizen of a free nation of comprised of no humans, or such things as human owners," he says, in response, "Nothing against your human or humans in particular, it's just we find the whole deal distasteful."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, are you going in or not?" Trello asked Will. Though she found something was nagging her in the back of her mind. She'd get to it when this was over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'll get the b-b-both of you-u-u-u in the air, d-d-don't worry, heh," Trevor said, sitting back down, "S-say say do y-y-you g-g-uys have bread thingies? S-s-sorry I'm k-kinda hungry today."
Mitch smiled.

"Well lucky for you Belisaurus you don't have to do that any more, heh," Mitch said, "Just walk into the community building or the smoke shack out in front if your hungry. Say, Bel, by the way. If it's not too much of a sore spot. What happened to your parents?"

Antheweather nodded.

"Oi it is. Learned it when we had to visit the UN, it's a great trick that's been used by royalty for centuries!" Antheweather explained.
Gael

Post by Gael »

He puts his hand on his chin thoughtfully "while I don't agree, I can definitely see how someone born into the wild life can find domestic life restricting, the same way someone like me might find the wild life a bit scary"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," Zachary said. "Well, I think. I'll check." So saying he nipped up and stuck his head into the back room. "Do we have any, um, bread 'thingies' for our guest whilst he waits for his food?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Y-yes, I'm going." Will opened the door, stepping inside and going towards the front desk, wondering how exactly to word his request, and hoping it would be allowed.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch smiled.
"Well lucky for you Belisaurus you don't have to do that any more, heh," Mitch said, "Just walk into the community building or the smoke shack out in front if your hungry. Say, Bel, by the way. If it's not too much of a sore spot. What happened to your parents?"
"They got lucky: Died during a hunting party, they were too old to catch a full-grown Moose, but they tried it anyway. Never wanted to depend on anyone for their food, and didn't want to rely on scavenging. A proud lot, I'd say."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Yeah, I think I will wait outside for this." Meeko tried to quietly tell Chris. While he would have been all for continuing along with this little detour going into the kind of institution they were wanting to go at the moment seemed like just asking for something to go wrong.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris stops at the door, suddenly torn between helping her friend and helping her brother.
"Sure, Meeko. Didja want someone ta stay wiv ya?" she asks.

"Well. It's not every day pets come here willingly. What can I do you for?" the receptionist, a youngish man with messy hair and a scraggly attempt at a beard asks, his gleaming smile belying the rest of his appearance.

~~~~~~~~
Scotty nods happily and pats the arm of his new chair.
"So... Now what?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch nods.

"Well, at least it wasn't left alone in a nursing home, I dunno how humans can do that," Mitch says, "So, are you related to anyone else in the pack?"

Mitch paused, and counted on his fingers, stopping once he had counted all the wolves.

"Oh dear," he says, concerned.

The panda caravan was experiencing it's own delays.

"What do you think the search was for?"
"Beats me, at least it's done and we're almost home."
"At least they didn't swipe the water bottles like the airlines did."
"I know, people right?"
"Will our pizzas be done before we get there?"
"I HOPE so, cause SOMEONE ate most of the snacks."
"HEY it wasn't me! I'm dieting!"
"I didn't insinuate."
"You were looking right at me when you said it, whimper."
"Oh HUSH you big goof."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trello paused at the gates, her head down.

"You know, I need to do some thinking," she says, "I'll stay out here with 'im. I think Will will be just fine."
"Heh, I was born in a zoo, and I find the wild quite exciting," the officer replied to Gizmo, "Of course, it's not the 'real' wild like the Grandestaffe's or the Northolmes experienced, and we're getting electricity soon. It IS still dangerous and we're right next to the wild, so, it kinda makes you feel more alive. It's not so scary when you know a thing or two or have someone to rely on."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trevor patiently waited on his food, taking a sip of his drink.
Gael

Post by Gael »

"I see..." Gizmo gets lost in thought for several minutes, mumbling to himself "maybe it'd....but I....I can't just....plus my dad would....I doubt I could...hmm..." he finally snaps out of it and chuckles awkwardly "S-Sorry for taking up your time with my stupid questions, I'm sure you've got things to do here as well, I'll leave ya alone" he walks away from the red panda officer to let him do his job