Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:”I mean, Gramma was pretty insistent that her servants were the worst of the worst before she got to them, so I’d think they deserved it. I mean, the only one I actually talked to, this Blaziken working in the fields, said that if he wasn’t forced to obey Gramma’s commands, he’d burn everything she’d ever known and loved to the ground, and laugh as he crushed the charred corpses of her loved ones into dust. Then Gramma made him punch himself so hard he got knocked out.” Luke said, continuing to be unaware of how disturbing what he was saying was. He frowned when Einar mentioned Sitrus berries. ”No, those are yellow, the ones Gramma grows are black and white.
Leafolawl wrote:Einar quietly takes a place, carefully filling his bowl as to not make a mess while he listens in... Though internally, he's still lingering on what the black and white berry Luke's grandmother—who he assumes is the recently mentioned Circe—is growing is called.
"Maybe... Maybe they were Enigma Berries?" Kim said, trying to shift the conversation more to the berries and away from Luke's grandmother.
Deske wrote:Having stayed silent through the continued description of Luke's grandmother, T was very thankful that Hagane had decided to force a topic change. He was definitely excited at the idea of a home cooked meal rather than raw berries as he took his place.
"So what kinds of foods do you like, when you get to choose?" Kim said before digging into Salac Berry Lo-mein dish with scrambled Chansey eggs.
Gameb18oy wrote:It seemed Scallop was eager to show him what he considered the best food as he took a spot beside the pooch in the dining area. Atum was content to move to his spot next to Hagane at the head of the table. “... the timing couldn’t be worse, but I suppose bringing that woman up relates to something I need to say. Circe sent one of her less dangerous servants down to give us the information we wanted. It appears the disease does indeed overuse her powers, our idea was sadly a dud”
Legotron123 wrote:Lance took his seat on the other side of Hagane, and started putting food on his plate. ”That’s unfortunate, but not unexpected. There was no guarantee her control would last through the radical change the disease causes Aura to go through. At least she didn’t get infected herself. For all we know, her skills would let her transmit the disease through touch alone.”
Hagane considered the implications of this revelation. Then he sighed. "I may have to pay her another visit. The condition effects aura. I might be able to learn more about it if I could get the chance to read the afflicted aura."
Legotron123 wrote:Luke shrunk down at the reprimand from Hagane, and was completely silent until arriving at the dinner table. As he sat down, it was clear what while he knew he did something wrong, he didn’t understand why it was wrong. I like Gramma.”
It's OK to love your grandmother, Luke. But some of the things she does disturbs some people. The mind control, the slaves, the transformed pokemon, it upsets people to hear about. Best just stick to why you like her as a grandmother. If you are going to talk about her, best let it be the good parts.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:Gravitating toards Scallop and T, a bit, Baja listens in to the food recommendations before picking out a few items herself.

Rose meanwhile, though having heard the other two still seems to have her attention on Luke.
Deske wrote:Having stayed silent through the continued description of Luke's grandmother, T was very thankful that Hagane had decided to force a topic change. He was definitely excited at the idea of a home cooked meal rather than raw berries as he took his place.
Scallop gave a brief warning on how spicy most of his recommendations were to Baja, figuring the cat probably didn't take such facts into consideration considering she'd actually touched a ninetails's tail. It was almost lucky she had, as now people would generally know not to trust the cat's mental facilities. He looked over at the poochyena near him. "Hey by the way, did you ever give your name?
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:It seemed Scallop was eager to show him what he considered the best food as he took a spot beside the pooch in the dining area. Atum was content to move to his spot next to Hagane at the head of the table. “... the timing couldn’t be worse, but I suppose bringing that woman up relates to something I need to say. Circe sent one of her less dangerous servants down to give us the information we wanted. It appears the disease does indeed overuse her powers, our idea was sadly a dud”
Legotron123 wrote:Lance took his seat on the other side of Hagane, and started putting food on his plate. ”That’s unfortunate, but not unexpected. There was no guarantee her control would last through the radical change the disease causes Aura to go through. At least she didn’t get infected herself. For all we know, her skills would let her transmit the disease through touch alone.”
Hagane considered the implications of this revelation. Then he sighed. "I may have to pay her another visit. The condition effects aura. I might be able to learn more about it if I could get the chance to read the afflicted aura."
Atum snorted at that. "You know good and well what I'm gonna say about that." He swapped to telepathy for the rest of his statement. "We stopped our adventures for more reasons than just retirement, what happens if one of the infected reaches the town? Neither me or Lance can see their aura, and the other traits can be easily missed. If we miss one it can risk everything thats been built here. And besides... that sadly isn't all the servant reported, the subject she was testing if she could cure escaped"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

CyberDragon wrote:"Maybe... Maybe they were Enigma Berries?" Kim said, trying to shift the conversation more to the berries and away from Luke's grandmother.
"Yeah..." the rockruff responds distractedly, attention now completely devoted to the guild's leading figures as they talk among themselves. He quietly—though somewhat clumsily, owed to his distracted state—picks at the food he grabbed. Raw berries, a simple bread roll, and other things he can pluck with his muzzle to eat without making a mess of himself or his surroundings.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop gave a brief warning on how spicy most of his recommendations were to Baja, figuring the cat probably didn't take such facts into consideration considering she'd actually touched a ninetails's tail. It was almost lucky she had, as now people would generally know not to trust the cat's mental facilities. He looked over at the poochyena near him. "Hey by the way, did you ever give your name?
Baja meanwhile has a couple of candied pineapp pieces speared on her claws and is doing a pretty good job of using the pie knife she has in her teeth correctly. it seems what she lacks in intellect she makes up for in dexterity, landing the food on her plate before dropping the utensil to say thanks to scallop.

across the table rose makes a debatable attempt at a comforting gesture toards luke, low enough to be hidden by the table, while she rolls her eyes at the way the others are reacting "Wimps." she comments, wondering why she had previously worried about potential reputation issues, when this lot seemed to react more squeamish than outraged by someone apparently worse than her mother, judging by that 'army' comment.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Uh, anything sweet really. As long as it's not too sour then I'll eat it, though even then I'm not too picky if it's all I got." He looked at the lo mein Kimera had made himself a plate of. "My names T. Sorry if I didn't introduce myself." He looked around at the other foods, then at the berries the rockruff was helping himself to. He leaned over towards Kimera, "So, uh, do I just shove my face into it?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Atum snorted at that. "You know good and well what I'm gonna say about that." He swapped to telepathy for the rest of his statement. "We stopped our adventures for more reasons than just retirement, what happens if one of the infected reaches the town? Neither me or Lance can see their aura, and the other traits can be easily missed. If we miss one it can risk everything thats been built here. And besides... that sadly isn't all the servant reported, the subject she was testing if she could cure escaped"
"My wife, Nakano, would be able to spot them." Hagane suggested. "I would only be gone for a day. Though... If one has escaped... That complicates things..."

- - - - -
Deske wrote:"Uh, anything sweet really. As long as it's not too sour then I'll eat it, though even then I'm not too picky if it's all I got." He looked at the lo mein Kimera had made himself a plate of. "My names T. Sorry if I didn't introduce myself." He looked around at the other foods, then at the berries the rockruff was helping himself to. He leaned over towards Kimera, "So, uh, do I just shove my face into it?"
"Hmmff?" Kimera gulped down his mouthful of noodles before tending to his new friend. "Right... Here, let me help you out!" The Riolu then started heaping generous portions of different foods from pecha pastries, Nanab bread, some of Luke's favorite noodle dishes, a bit of miltank cheese ravioli, and the Salac berry noodle dish that Kim had onto T's plate. "Dig in!" he said before returning to his own food.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

T looked a little embarrassed as Kimera helped him plate some food. "Thanks," he said as Kimera slid the plate over to him. He sniffed at it, trying to get a feel for the flavors before nosing a pastry close to the edge of the plate so that he could eat it. He finished the first one and ate another one, then moving on to the nanab bread. He bit into the Salac berry noodle dish and didn't actually know what to do with the flavor. But he was hungry so he ate it anyway. He seemed to be saving some of the food on his plate though.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Mmmmmmmm, okay. Luke thought back at Hagane. While he still felt rather down, he was at least feeling better enough to eat some of the food his dad made.
-
It gets worse when you remember how vague she was at describing them. Lance said, keeping the conversation mental to keep things private. All she said was that it was a Dark type. That could be anything from a Zoroark to a Malamar to the lord of nightmares himself. We lack the proper information to move forward on this.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar turns his attention towards the other recruits with the reduction of conversation he can hear about the disease... Whatever it is. "What do you mean 'wimps'?" the rockruff questions, much less clumsy about eating now that he's not sinking his focus into analysis.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Legotron123 wrote:
It gets worse when you remember how vague she was at describing them. Lance said, keeping the conversation mental to keep things private. All she said was that it was a Dark type. That could be anything from a Zoroark to a Malamar to the lord of nightmares himself. We lack the proper information to move forward on this.

Circe probably wouldn't be keeping silent if it was a legendary beast who had contracted it, she likes holding onto information, but she knows even we would have to exercise caution in fighting one, she wouldn't stand a chance against her. He grabbed a tomato berry in his jaws and chewing it up. "Hmm, Alan picked a fairly spicy one, I might actually need water this time." The smirk on the Umbreon's face told his friends he was kidding, it was a surprise he hadn't chosen to become a flareon with how little heat seemed to effect him. "But since I agree with Lance on not being able to move on, we should focus on the meal for now"

Buster wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop gave a brief warning on how spicy most of his recommendations were to Baja, figuring the cat probably didn't take such facts into consideration considering she'd actually touched a ninetails's tail. It was almost lucky she had, as now people would generally know not to trust the cat's mental facilities. He looked over at the poochyena near him. "Hey by the way, did you ever give your name?

Baja meanwhile has a couple of candied pineapp pieces speared on her claws and is doing a pretty good job of using the pie knife she has in her teeth correctly. it seems what she lacks in intellect she makes up for in dexterity, landing the food on her plate before dropping the utensil to say thanks to scallop.

across the table rose makes a debatable attempt at a comforting gesture toards luke, low enough to be hidden by the table, while she rolls her eyes at the way the others are reacting "Wimps." she comments, wondering why she had previously worried about potential reputation issues, when this lot seemed to react more squeamish than outraged by someone apparently worse than her mother, judging by that 'army' comment.
Leafolawl wrote:Einar turns his attention towards the other recruits with the reduction of conversation he can hear about the disease... Whatever it is. "What do you mean 'wimps'?" the rockruff questions, much less clumsy about eating now that he's not sinking his focus into analysis.

If you're thinking of battling, we have an area for that setup on one of the lower floors The words were only picked up by Einar and Rose. The Umbreon seemed to be eating rather sloppily what was on his plate, it wouldn't be clear to the other two he was using telepathy as he tried to make it look like he was focused more on his meal.

Deske wrote:"Uh, anything sweet really. As long as it's not too sour then I'll eat it, though even then I'm not too picky if it's all I got." He looked at the lo mein Kimera had made himself a plate of. "My names T. Sorry if I didn't introduce myself." He looked around at the other foods, then at the berries the rockruff was helping himself to. He leaned over towards Kimera, "So, uh, do I just shove my face into it?"
Deske wrote:T looked a little embarrassed as Kimera helped him plate some food. "Thanks," he said as Kimera slid the plate over to him. He sniffed at it, trying to get a feel for the flavors before nosing a pastry close to the edge of the plate so that he could eat it. He finished the first one and ate another one, then moving on to the nanab bread. He bit into the Salac berry noodle dish and didn't actually know what to do with the flavor. But he was hungry so he ate it anyway. He seemed to be saving some of the food on his plate though.

"I think Alan usually helps people serve their plates like you and my dad since your paws aren't the best for the job." He couldn't help looking the poochyena over a bit even though he knew he was probably coming across as rude. "Um, did you ever say who your parents were... I swear you look like someone dad knew, and its not just that she was a mightyena"
Deske

Post by Deske »

T pulled a few noodles into his mouth and swallowed them, "I dunno. Never met them." He quickly went back to eating after 'answering' the question, stuffing his mouth with nanab bread.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Deske wrote:T pulled a few noodles into his mouth and swallowed them, "I dunno. Never met them." He quickly went back to eating after 'answering' the question, stuffing his mouth with nanab bread.
Scallop gave a sigh, before getting a bit of pasta himself, plus a few Oran berries and apples. “well I guess that’s for the best if I’m right. Though I guess that means Dad was right on why she disappeared, wonder if he’s right on who she got together with as well”
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"This lot." Rose comments rolling her eyes. "Like none of em have ever heard of psychic types." she adds returning to her food.

Not unless we've got someone who knows first aid there. Unless I've misjudged his appearance, I'm pretty sure I'm way stronger than him, and could hurt him really badly if my timing was off on 'pulling' an attack. she thinks to herself, assuming the one who sent the message a moment ago is 'listening'.

((Rose is twice his level and has about 1.75x einar's physical attack and defense stats, i would imagine that would translate to being visibly more in shape.))
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T sighed to himself, "Are you trying to say that your dad might have known my mom at some point?" He was a little interested now; he'd never known his parents or even about them and now an opportunity to learn might have just presented itself.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:T looked a little embarrassed as Kimera helped him plate some food. "Thanks," he said as Kimera slid the plate over to him. He sniffed at it, trying to get a feel for the flavors before nosing a pastry close to the edge of the plate so that he could eat it. He finished the first one and ate another one, then moving on to the nanab bread. He bit into the Salac berry noodle dish and didn't actually know what to do with the flavor. But he was hungry so he ate it anyway. He seemed to be saving some of the food on his plate though.
"Mmf Mmm-Mmmf (You're Welcome)." Kimera said through a big mouth full of food as he dug in to the stuff on his plate with a great deal of enthusiasm.
Legotron123 wrote:It gets worse when you remember how vague she was at describing them. Lance said, keeping the conversation mental to keep things private. All she said was that it was a Dark type. That could be anything from a Zoroark to a Malamar to the lord of nightmares himself. We lack the proper information to move forward on this.
Gameb18oy wrote:Circe probably wouldn't be keeping silent if it was a legendary beast who had contracted it, she likes holding onto information, but she knows even we would have to exercise caution in fighting one, she wouldn't stand a chance against her. He grabbed a tomato berry in his jaws and chewing it up. "Hmm, Alan picked a fairly spicy one, I might actually need water this time." The smirk on the Umbreon's face told his friends he was kidding, it was a surprise he hadn't chosen to become a flareon with how little heat seemed to effect him. "But since I agree with Lance on not being able to move on, we should focus on the meal for now"
Hagane silently picked at his food, lost in thought. Of course... There is one more Pokemon we know who can sense the sickness. Even, perhaps, cure or treat it. It's just a matter of finding her, and I have a few ideas as to where to look.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lance frowned when Hagane mentioned “her.” ”Hopefully we can convince her to come back. We didn’t exactly part on the best of terms. He said, before taking some of that noodle dish Luke liked and putting a forkful in his mouth. ”Mmm!” He seemed to like it, making a pleased noise before swallowing in order to speak. ”This is good. I can see why Luke likes it so much.”
-
Luke didn’t really seem to be focused on what everyone was saying, instead just looking sadly at his plate and occasionally scooping more food into his mouth. Alan, watching from down the table, used Extrasensory to lift a Grepa pastry onto his sons plate. Luke looked at the pastry for a moment, before taking a bite out of it, seeming a little bit happier.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

<That would be a bad idea. I know my limits, and even with her being a normal type, she's too strong for me to have an even shot with.>

"Mmhm," he responds, relaxing a little as he catches Atum's much less reserved eating. "... I don't think it's an approved of topic, if you're going where I think." Einar plucks another berry from his bowl, still keeping rigidly careful to avoid a mess.
Love me right now! Done.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

There's the sound of someone knocking on the open front doors. "HEY! WHERE IS EVERYBODY? DON'T TELL ME NO ONE'S HERE BECAUSE I CAN SMEEL COOKING." Trent sees Chailyn come down the stairs. "Oh, a Gloom." He trots over. "Excuse me miss, is this the Explorers' Guild? This should be the right address, but if it is, you have got to get better signage set up."
The cape comes with the promotion.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The gloom takes pause at the approach, then starts to giggle softly when she realizes what's going on. "Well, you're not too far away... but that's my house. I live close because I doubt they won't need the help of someone of my profession, much as I hope they won't." She adjusts her small bag some. "Have the two of you been here long?"
Love me right now! Done.
Champion Wallace

"My apologies for coming into your home." Trent turns to the Weavile standing behind him. "Phoebe! You said this was the guild building. Is this for real?" "I'm sorry hon, this wasn't my doing." she responds. "I must have misheard that Pokémon I met when he gave me directions. Just think of this as an opportunity to meet some of the locals." She turns back to the Gloom. "Sorry. We just arrived in town and we're looking for the local guild. If it's no trouble, do you think you could direct us there so we can get out of your ha- er... petals?"
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

""No no, don't worry too much about it. A lot of pokémon mistake me as being a member of the local guild, since I spend so much of my time with them." She pulls one of the oran berries from her bag, and pulls it apart to offer halves to the two. "A small snack for your troubles, and I'll show you right to the guild master," the gloom near singsongs, wearing a rather happy smile.
Love me right now! Done.
Champion Wallace

"Thank you very much." Trent takes his half and starts munching on it. Phoebe holds on to her half for later. As they're walking along, Trent asks "Wait, I'm confused. Are you affiliated with the guild or not? What is it you do for them?" Building confidence, he continues, "Ya know, what is the name of the place we're going? I've been told that I'm being enrolled in 'the guild'." Trent turns to give a slight glare to Phoebe, Phoebe returns with a look that says "you know what you did". "But that can't be the real name. What Pokémon would have the resources to found their own guild, but lacks the imagination to come up with a name better than 'Guild'."
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"Oh great, what was I thinking? I'm lost in the middle of... nowhere with no food and I'll fall asleep and get thrown off a cliff by an angry Tauros. Think, James, think." James fell asleep from his worry.
Edit: umm, where is James, just how about the nearest lone cliff. (Wow, how original.) which isn't actually that close
When he woke up, he had been knocked off the cliff but was okay besides a slightly bent leg, he walked for wh knows how long and eventually found a town, he looked for other Pokémon.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Lance frowned when Hagane mentioned “her.” ”Hopefully we can convince her to come back. We didn’t exactly part on the best of terms. He said, before taking some of that noodle dish Luke liked and putting a forkful in his mouth. ”Mmm!” He seemed to like it, making a pleased noise before swallowing in order to speak. ”This is good. I can see why Luke likes it so much.”
Hagane raised an eyebrow. "I don't know who you're talking about. I'm talking about Mary! She just didn't want to be cooped up in a guild hall when there were Pokemon out there needing her help."
-Champion Motto

furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

He heard a lot of sound coming from one of the buildings, he went into the building and found many Pokémon talking to each other. "Umm. Hi, is there any food, I want some yummy berries, wait what." James saw many dark shadowy Pokémon for a few seconds and then everything went normal again, "Thank goodness, it was only a hallucination. No shadow Pokémon.
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Leafolawl wrote:"... I don't think it's an approved of topic, if you're going where I think." Einar plucks another berry from his bowl, still keeping rigidly careful to avoid a mess.
"Maybe. Just not the reaction I expected is all." Rose answered, half her attention on Einar, while the other half was on her claws sinking into and getting hooked on a nearby pastry. Retrieving her desired morsel and biting a decent sized chunk out of it before continuing. "Light or dark, the moves don't define the 'mon."

"Speaking of moves..." She turns her attention across the table, "You throw that and i'm hiding your fluffy collection next time we're home."

Across the table Baja sets down the blob of jelly she'd been holding, the food she'd picked out earlier long gone save for crumbs in her fur, and glares molten death at Rose.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Suddenly, the town disappeared and he realized that he had two hallucinations going at the same time and he was hungry, he walked "Stupid fake towns, why can't I just have a normal day once? Why am I always getting lost like this, how can I tell if berries are real or fake, wait, two hallucinations at the same time, that can't be, something else might be causing them." as if it were proving his point, he saw a Pokémon that could have been responsible, "seriously." then, louder, he said, Do you think this is funny!
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

A Glameow was walking along the road, heading home after a productive day, his coiled tail around the handle of a collapsible apple cart that was currently light on apples and heavy on coins.

Humming to himself and maintaining a steady pace until a glint of amber fur caught his eye.
"HELLO UP THERE! are you lost?" he calls out, before hearing the other pokemon seemingly talking to itself? currious, Jewel heads up the ridge.

Shaking the Poochyena he found awake, "Sorry to wake you, but it seems like you were having a nightmare or something. Are you lost?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Oh right, Mary!” Lance said, before chuckling at his own mistake. ”I was thinking of someone completely different.” He took another bite of the noodle dish before speaking again. ”Are you sure she can help though? I mean, she’s an unparalleled healer, but this is.... different. He looked at everyone else at the table before switching the conversation over to the mind. Considering the effects it has on a subjects Aura, I’m not sure her normal methods will help with curing it. If we’re lucky it will slow down the spread of infection, but even that’s optimistic.

Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Well, it's just a branch of the Exploration Society, and they don't normally name the guilds under their banner. You may have to ask Hagane if it has a proper name, as I've never thought to ask," the gloom informs, pushing open the door to the Guild Hall. "What I do I do for anyone and everyone. I help pokémon recover from rough states—from harsh battles to true injuries, and most things in between. In fact, until I can get an area for it in my own home, the guild was kind enough to let me host my work right over there," she says, pointing to the left as she leads to the right. "Though, I suspect it's because they knew it'd be needed on occasion."

-------

The rockruff nods, either ignoring or uncaring of Baja's threat of a food fight. "I'm sure everyone can agree to that sentiment, at the very least." His attention flicks back to the head of the table briefly, but with the dragonite's glancing, figures he won't get much.

"Instead of doing this tomorrow, I'm Einar. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and a special thank you to the guild masters, for taking us in. I hope we can do you proud."
Love me right now! Done.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

James woke, "Ugh, where am I, oh my! I have a beard? I didn't even know that Pokémon can have beards. oh great, I need to shave when I get home, oh, hello there mister, did I fall asleep again?" He asked the Glameow.
Edit to fix universe errors: "my fur looks horrible. I need to fix that when I get home."
Last edited by furrygamer793 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, You're on route four..." The glameow answered sounding decidedly unsure, as he wondered to himself what in the world a beard was, some kind of item maybe? This poochyena was an odd one... "The way I just came from leads to Atlas Crossing, and I'm headed to the family orchards in Charity Springs." The glameow explained, all smiles, talking proudly when he mentioned Charity Springs, and gesturing animatedly as he spoke. "A little ways ahead there's also a crossroads with route three that leads east past Misty Lake to Rising Village? Any of that ringing a bell?" his tone turning questioning at the end, hoping for some sign of recognition of those names. "Yes you were... Sorry if this comes off as rude, but why were you sleeping at the top of a ledge in the woods?"
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"Oh, it's umm, well, narcolepsy."
Rp characters
Champion Wallace

"Exploration Society, hm." Trent says to himself. "I think I can work with a name like that." "Thank you for taking time out of your day to show us here." The Weavile says, taking a bite out of her Oran half. "mm, that's a good berry. I hope you don't take any offense when I say I hope Trent won't need your services. Trent remember: have fun, don't get into any fights with the other Pokémon, and do as your told." Bending down she gives him a kiss on his forehead. "Phoebeee." Trent whines with an expression like Keene's in the last panel. "I'm not a baby anymore." "I know, it's just... Anyway, run along now and introduce yourself to everyone." Phoebe stands up and starts walking away. Trent watches her leave longingly, but quickly recovers and turns back to the Gloom. "So. Where are all the members? Although foremost, where are my manners? I do believe I forgot to ask for your name. I'm Trent, by the way."
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hawkfang42 wrote:"Oh, it's umm, well, narcolepsy."
"Okay..." He commented, hesitating slightly, still searching for some indication of recognition in the other Pokemon's expression. "You're lost, aren't you?" Jewel asks, more thinking aloud than actually questioning. Sighing, he starts to lead the way down the ledge back to where he left his cart. "Well come on then, I can walk you at least as far as the crossroads."
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"Wait. Rising Village? I think I live... a little bit off." He said.
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

As they got back to the road, and Jewl retrieved his cart, he turned to the amber Poochyena again, curious, and asked, "Oh? well if you're not from around here, then where are you from?"
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"Oh, just a small house, I get my exercise from walking to the village from my house for shopping." He said
Rp characters
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Leafolawl wrote:The rockruff nods, either ignoring or uncaring of Baja's threat of a food fight. "I'm sure everyone can agree to that sentiment, at the very least." His attention flicks back to the head of the table briefly, but with the dragonite's glancing, figures he won't get much.

"Instead of doing this tomorrow, I'm Einar. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and a special thank you to the guild masters, for taking us in. I hope we can do you proud."
((Because irony can be fun...))

"oh right, we didn't actually do that proper with anyone but Atum and Scallop." Rose comments to herself, taking a moment to check if she had too many crumbs on her, before shrugging and answering,
"So, are you always this formal? Learn to be a bit more wild dude. Anyway, I'm Rose, That's Baja." she says, having misread Einar's attempts thus far to act 'Normal'.

"HEW-WOOH EHNR!" Baja chimes in, apparently having found something else tasty to try.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar looks back at the glameow, shaken by her remark on his mannerisms. "Uh, well... no, not really just... first day jitters. Best foot forward and all, and... some of us have four to choose from," he replies, smiling a bit sheepishly in the hopes the joke will keep things lighter.

------

Chailyn smiles, looking back at the rattata. "Chailyn. I look forward to continuing to see you around here." The gloom then steps into the guild's dining room. "Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt your meal, but it seems someone looking to be recruited got some slightly off directions."

Einar sighs with a slight bit of relief at the interruption.
Love me right now! Done.