Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
SRP: Lounging around 
laughing maniacally

Post Re: SRP: Lounging around
Buster Wrote:
Returning from the kitchen, Rem sets chris' order down on the counter. "Here you go." he states, unaware of what happened while he was gone.

"thanks," the orange cat said as he started eating his food. not enough to get too much of a charge, but it will at least be enough to stun a couple pet sized beings if needed.
Buster Wrote:
"Kid, no weapons."

Chris briefly glanced at his "knitting needles" in their holsters. eh, he'll get rid of them if he gets caught.
-----------
CyberDragon Wrote:
"New York, huh?" The Lycan said, nodding. "Yeah, lots of odd things seem to happen there. What kinds of things have you encountered?"

"Oh, too much..." Flynn said before briefly giving a thousand yard stare and saying "why" under his breath.
"but outside of my life on the streets I've been a pawn in a game between gods and fought some robospiders in a magical cave."
he briefly wondered if he could use the magic he picked up in this dimension. he sure as heck couldn't use it at home.

RP character sheets

Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:59 am
Game Master

Deske Wrote:
Rig gave Eira a rather confused stare, "I do not know what "See Gee" is but I think I understand. Maybe..." He turned to see who Amanda had met, "Are you like Iron Man? One of those hero that Noah always talk about?"

Eira was busy looking longingly out at the view of the Beacon. She almost didn't hear Rig when he addressed her, and she didn't notice the wolf cub dump out her weapons.

"Huh? Oh... CG, or CGI is when you use a computer to make an image instead of taking a picture of something that's physically there. It can be a pretty convincing image, but if you see enough of them you start to notice little things that give it away that it isn't real." She explained. "The modern prosthetic is similar to that. Wear it enough and it starts to feel... fake. The ice arm feels more natural."

---------------------

RandomGeekNamedBrent Wrote:
"Oh, too much..." Flynn said before briefly giving a thousand yard stare and saying "why" under his breath.
"but outside of my life on the streets I've been a pawn in a game between gods and fought some robospiders in a magical cave."
he briefly wondered if he could use the magic he picked up in this dimension. he sure as heck couldn't use it at home.

"Interesting!" Randy said with a smile, though why he was smiling was not because what the cat was saying was interesting. He could tell he was on the right track. Flynn was getting stressed. He decided to push a little further and see what else he could find out about this suspicious cat-person. "So what kinds of things do you do? You seem to lead an adventurous life full of risk taking, I'd be interested to know about your hobbies." He commented, still smiling his fanged smile. He turned slightly to Rem as well and added: "Also, do poisonous fangs count as weapons? Because I don't think I can remove those."

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Amanda gave a sigh of relief, that bit of information putting her mind at ease, "Good. Good." She shook her head, realizing her fear had interupted her introduction to Eira's parents, "S-sorry! I forgor to really introduce myself. I'm Amanda of house Bellus. Where as in your world powers are attributed to being super powers, most in my world can be attributed to magic."

Tatiana turned to Rig as he asked someone if they're like Iron Man, "I assume you mean me? I don't know what this Iron Man is. And really I see myself more as a merc than a super hero, as that's what I was before I joined Beacon."

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:39 pm
Game Master

"I wouldn't say 'attributed' to superpowers." Morgan explained. "Superpowers are the result, not the cause. My husband is a Lycan. He's a species of shape-shifting canine. We met while he was in disguise. I was born with my power of water manipulation. I have yet to learn how that happened." She started to explain the powers of some of the other supers she knew.

"Gear, the Cyborg, was gravely injured. The only way to save him was to replace most of his body with machines."

"The Immortal Legionnaire was cursed to an eternity of war and pain, and so cannot die."

"Hivemind was born with a special nervous system that could connect with the central nervous system of anyone he came in contact with. He absorbed the knowledge of everyone he touched until he was old enough to figure out that gloves were important. Realizing that communication wasn't so easy when he could no longer directly hook up to their minds to understand them, he found a way to hook his mind to machines that did know how to communicate. The network of robots under his control just grew from there."

"So you see, there is no one cause of superpowers. It's simply the blanket term for any ability that goes beyond what is considered normal." She concluded the rather long explanation.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:04 pm

Amanda blinked at the long explanation, "U-uh, well I was just saying that as a way to quickly explain that powers in my world are more grounded in the supernatural and, from what Eira has told us, you use your powers with more openness,
for those in need, whereas powers in my world are far more secretive. No super villains, no super organizations, no aliens, just twenty first century earth and us magic folk trying to avoid Salem 2.0, while trying to explore the depths of our power and what makes it what it is."

She toyed with her bow as she spoke, taking a bit of normalcy in explaining a bit of magic, "Though, my family does try to protect the ignorant non magical folk from any dangerous magics we become aware of."

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:03 am
Game Master

Owain found himself moving closer to the mysterious creature as she talked with Miss Morgan and he arrived to hear how the family protected others. "Y'mean y' protect them that don' unnerstan' Magic from wha' they don' unnderstan'? Like me," he added, goofy grin on his face.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:28 am
laughing maniacally

CyberDragon Wrote:
"Interesting!" Randy said with a smile, though why he was smiling was not because what the cat was saying was interesting. He could tell he was on the right track. Flynn was getting stressed. He decided to push a little further and see what else he could find out about this suspicious cat-person. "So what kinds of things do you do? You seem to lead an adventurous life full of risk taking, I'd be interested to know about your hobbies." He commented, still smiling his fanged smile. He turned slightly to Rem as well and added: "Also, do poisonous fangs count as weapons? Because I don't think I can remove those."

"I like playing card games," Flynn replied. "though they're more fun if a little friendly wagering is involved."

RP character sheets

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:30 am

"Yeah think less D&D, more Wolverine. The blades were inside her limbs." The ferret explains, pausing a moment to turn to Randy, "If I see you trying to bite anybody you're getting dumped onto a random pocket dimension." Rem deadpans, giving a flat stare for a moment.

Turning back to Sirius, rem grins "if you want weird though, My home reality uses what some of the locals call 'Galifraxian anatomy' this form is supposed to be 28cm tall, not a metre and a half." he explains, hopping up onto the counter and shifting to his correct proportions mid-jump. appearing to be a liquid a color somewhere between silver and pine wood for a split second in between. Taking a moment to sit up on his hind paws and hold his front paws out to the sides, trying not to think about how uncomfortable doing that with these shoulders is. "See? It's kind of hard to run the counter when I'm the same size as the mugs though."

Meanwhile the cub is listening in Okay, alternate reality... and, Iron's counterpart here is fictional? hmmm... Randy may or may not notice her studying him.

Epsilon - Steelhaven 10-10-5-2-5-5-5 (5-7)
Kobor - BOH 9-6-10-4-5-3-5 (6)
Talya - BOH 5-10-6-4-9-3-5 (6)
Kol - BOH 9-8-8-5-5-4-5 (4)
Characters

Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:22 am
Game Master

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Amanda blinked at the long explanation, "U-uh, well I was just saying that as a way to quickly explain that powers in my world are more grounded in the supernatural and, from what Eira has told us, you use your powers with more openness,
for those in need, whereas powers in my world are far more secretive. No super villains, no super organizations, no aliens, just twenty first century earth and us magic folk trying to avoid Salem 2.0, while trying to explore the depths of our power and what makes it what it is."

She toyed with her bow as she spoke, taking a bit of normalcy in explaining a bit of magic, "Though, my family does try to protect the ignorant non magical folk from any dangerous magics we become aware of."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Owain found himself moving closer to the mysterious creature as she talked with Miss Morgan and he arrived to hear how the family protected others. "Y'mean y' protect them that don' unnerstan' Magic from wha' they don' unnderstan'? Like me," he added, goofy grin on his face.

Morgan smiled at Amanda. "Yeah, you'd fit right in on the Beacon." She said before snickering at Owain's joke. "Honestly neither do I. This is just something I do. I don't think too much about it."

--------------------------

RandomGeekNamedBrent Wrote:
"I like playing card games," Flynn replied. "though they're more fun if a little friendly wagering is involved."

Bingo.

Randy grinned. "Card games, huh? Sounds like fun. Maybe we should play a game sometime before we leave." His grin turned quickly into a grump-face as the shapeshifting ferret deadpans his threat. He sighs. "I'm not gonna bite anyone. Killjoy. I was just joking earlier. Bites are reserved for life-or-death threats." He finally admitted to his disappointment. He was having fun with taking this joke further, but it was time to come clean before he got in trouble.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:51 pm
laughing maniacally

CyberDragon Wrote:
Bingo.

Randy grinned. "Card games, huh? Sounds like fun. Maybe we should play a game sometime before we leave." His grin turned quickly into a grump-face as the shapeshifting ferret deadpans his threat. He sighs. "I'm not gonna bite anyone. Killjoy. I was just joking earlier. Bites are reserved for life-or-death threats." He finally admitted to his disappointment. He was having fun with taking this joke further, but it was time to come clean before he got in trouble.

"Oh, we could play right now," Flynn said, pulling a deck of cards out of his collar. he always carried a deck.

RP character sheets

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:57 am
Game Master

"I'll pass for now." he said politely. "There are still some people I have yet to meet." While that was true, in actuality he needed to be sure he would be able to catch the cat in what he assumed would be his inevitable cheating. He didn't want to accidentally find himself a few million credits short.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:25 am

Amanda nodded towards Owain, "Yes, we try to protect non magical people from magic dangers and magical people from non magical dangers." She felt ice and frost cross onto her cheeks at Morgan's compliment, "You really think so? I-I mean, I still need to practice my control of my power and... such."

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:57 pm
Game Master

"Thank'ew," Owain said, inclining his head towards Amanda, "bu' wouldn't it be bett'r if'n we experienc'd some've it an' learn'd t' work 'rund it?"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:06 pm
Game Master

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Amanda nodded towards Owain, "Yes, we try to protect non magical people from magic dangers and magical people from non magical dangers." She felt ice and frost cross onto her cheeks at Morgan's compliment, "You really think so? I-I mean, I still need to practice my control of my power and... such."

"So did I. So did Randy. Everyone with powers or abilities needs to learn how they work, how to use them, and how to control them." Tempest said. "I can generate multi-tornado apocalyptic storms and category 5 hurricanes with a thought. Sometimes it happens without me thinking, when I'm particularly angry or threatened. I was lucky in that I already had a good grasp of my powers by the time I got that strong. Randy wasn't so lucky. He will shift into a wolf form whenever he falls asleep. He had to change schools twelve times in four years because every time he fell asleep in class, he'd reveal his nature."

Randy walked over and joined the conversation. "Yep. Had a miserable time in History class, let me tell you."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Thank'ew," Owain said, inclining his head towards Amanda, "bu' wouldn't it be bett'r if'n we experienc'd some've it an' learn'd t' work 'rund it?"

"Ehhhhhh, no. Not really." Randy responded. "There are several groups that actively want to kill me because they think I'm a demon or that I want to eat their kids, or whatever the absurd accusation of the day is. People don't like leaving the unusual alone. It offends them and challenges what they know. As such, there will always be people looking to destroy what doesn't belong in their little safety box." He smiled at the mouse. "By the way, I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Randy Steele." He held out a hand for Owain to shake.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:49 pm
Game Master

"Owain Ap Daffydd," the Mouse announced, accepting the hand. "Trav'll'r from a far more mwdlyd... muddy place'n yuirs, I ken?"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3