SRP: Lounging around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Deske

Re: SRP: Lounging around

Post by Deske »

Miguel looked over to Houston as he heard his name. "Oh, sure," he said with a smile, heading over towards the fox.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Tiny beasts, ndrod's and ghosts," Owain muttered, more to himself than anyone. "Brum'd ne'er believe any've this!" He looked down to Pepito. Ingles es..no.. mi prime lengua tampo. Lo siento
he said in his broken Spanish.

((English is not my first tongue either. Sorry.)) - ((All roughly...))
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

returning from the back, Rem sets a plate of food in front of his ursine patron. Glancing around at the others and asking, "anyone else want something?"

Out in the void, a lingering figment of miguel's living flashback still drifts about, it's form indistinct and wispy, seeming to watch Miguel and Houston through then open door...

"N...A...M...E..."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deus looked at the plate of food for a split second, his mouth salivating, before digging into it with all the manners one would expect out of a feral bear who's just had salmon steaks placed in front of him.

"Hey! Big guy! Can you spare a bit?" the armored mouse asked, smelling the wonderful fish.

"Why don't you just ask for your own?" Flash suggested.

"Do I look like I have any money?"

"Does it look like we have any? It apparently doesn't matter so much here."

"Really? Awesome!" Pascal turned to Rem. "Do you have any sushi? Or, like, anything with meat, grains, and seaweed?" A fairly unusual order for a rat, but then again, he clearly isn't an ordinary rodent.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: >If a text is enclosed like this, Miles is speaking in another language.< Blue Peak shores does this so why not? Also, sorry, wall of text. TL;DR Miles uses holograms to explain to Pepito the concept of wormholes. I just wrote the TL;DR and thought, why not just write that? Because I was trying to be poetic and wordy, ah well.

Miles waved a hand to Flash and Pascal.

"And if not, charge it to Heaven," he said nonchalantly, then to Pepito, in perfect Spanish, ">Sorry, I never got to learn any Spanish alive, Pepito, but heaven is a funny thing where you have a lot of time, so, if you don't mind, I'll explain it like this.<"

Then, Miles held out his hand, and a box, floated out of, and hovered in his hand. Where the two of them were, the room went dark. Then he gave an brief explanation of physics, stars, wormholes, planets, outer space using holograms.

He then explained teleportation and showed Gulley being picked up by a bulky looking ship, getting impressed into the crew, eventually becoming captain, and running a successful salvage operation. He then got married, and the family continued to run the business for generations.

He then explained the concept of time trave

He eventually showed Gulley dying, being cremated in the engines of a ship heading to colonize a new planet for mice.

The lighting went back to normal as the hologram ended.

">So there you have it,<" Miles said, ">Hopefully, better then what you expected.<"
Last edited by xhunterko on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel's smile changed to a look of confusion for a split second before returning to a relaxed smile. He glanced over at Rem as if asking what that was, returning his attention to Houston only after he was sure Rem had noticed him. "So what was your plan?"
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Well, at this point it's more of a theory" The fox said with a look of concern while only trying to talk to Miguel. "If this place is like Rem says, a point between dimensions/realities, it could mean big, and I mean BIG, trouble. If it's taking almost everything Rem has to hold it together, that means it's not going anywhere for him,
because he's going to run out of steam soon, and that's putting it lightly
".
Deske

Post by Deske »

"What if its self sustaining? When I stepped outside it didn't feel like it took any energy outside of the amount it'd take for normal thought." He looked around the room, "I mean I guess it's different than just a garage and everything in it. Maybe this place just has more to it?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Any p'bb'bility s'me'un can tell that door thing in simple," Owain asked hopefully.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Most of the explanation goes over Pepito's head as he's never had a formal education beyond what was needed for survival, and as some of the words in Miles' more modern form of Spanish haven't yet been invented in Pepito's earlier dialect. He does understand the tale of Gulley though.
Understands it, but doesn't believe it.
<"But... This cannot be possible. He only disappeared a few days ago. A week or two at most."> he objects, completely having missed the explanation and idea of time travel.
<"What is your first language then, Owain?"> he asks, still in Spanish.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain put his hand to his lower throat as he worked out roughly what the little Rat had asked him. Gal...Galés,[/color]" he said haltingly, remembering what those seamen had taught him. "Yo... Yo hab...hable? galés?" He looked at the bar owner and silently hoped there was some sort of translation 'magic' available.

((I speak Welsh/Marcher. (Roughly...)))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'll need a moment to put something together, but i'm sure i can manage that request." He answers pausing a moment when he noticed miguel trying to make eye contact and looked past him where he seemed to glance. Giving a confused shrug in answer and disappearing into the back again before the theories about his mental fortitude started up.

after a bit he returns with a small plate that has a few pieces of dragon roll, Crunch Roll, and Philadelphia Roll, maki & uramaki on it. returning in time to catch the tail end of the most recent round of linguistic troubles.

"If you're looking for translation help, all I've got is a device that hasn't worked in Years. Sorry." the ferret comments, holding up a decidedly dated looking flip-open pocket computing device that he pulled from seemingly nowhere.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Ooooh, yes, this looks amazing!" Pascal said, his mouth watering at the sight of the sushi.

"Mind if I try one?" Flash asked, pointing at a dragon roll.

Pascal shrugged. "Sure. Don't know if you'll like it though. Pretty sure I only like it because of that abalone side of me."

Flash took a bite out of one of the dragon rolls, which was almost bigger than he was. Pascal likewise started eating.
-Champion Motto

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"<Ah, sorry, sorry, let's see, HOPEFULLY THIS is the correct dialect>," Miles said to Pepito, "<Hm, let's see. Er, sorry, I don't know how much you understand, so.>"

Then Miles, again, slowly, tried to explain the concept of time and time travel. Stating that while where he was from it was STILL the year, date, and time he was from, once he had somehow managed to get himself here, time became almost meaningless. If he were to go back, nothing would have changed, but here, time had a different concept.

"<So while here, because I'm from heaven, time doesn't exist, so I have all the time I need to meet new people and learn new things. And since everyone in heaven is dead, their life stories are complete. So, since I'm from heaven and met Gulley in heaven, thanks to this unique situation, I can give you the full life story of Gulley,"> Miles said, "<However, when you leave this building, and go back to your own time, Gulley is still alive, being impressed by an alien crew. But when I go back through that door, I'll be back in heaven, or Applegate. But I'll still have met Gulley in heaven. And he still would have told me his story. That is how I can tell you these things.>" Miles paused for a moment.

"<Time travel, is even considered difficult by the experts that use it daily>," Miles said, "<And that it is even harder to explain. Most just wave a hand, but I don't like that, since technically, we have the time here, heh.>"

Then he turned to the translation device, and pointed a finger gun at it.

"And a bippitty boppitty BOO! Efficientimus Fiximus Optimimus! Heh," Miles said, "Still though, if your this advanced, can't you manufacture a working one, or a better one up? Or ask the computer if it can help? Or does this thing have an ai? Or you have the tools to fix it?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Because hardware isn't the problem." Rem states with a scowl, flipping it open to reveal a half-booted os stuck on a screen full of error messages about several networks, external databases, and something named R.C.A. being labeled "Not Found". holding it up so miles can see it before gently tossing it to him.

"If you can get that feature to work with 32mb internal, and no database access, more power to ya."
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Yo barkeeper, can I talk to you in your office or back area if there ain't one" Houston said with his usual gruffness. He looks at Miguel "You too, please"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"No, lo siento.*" Pepito replies to Owain before turning back to Miles.
"I do not know, Señor Gato*. It hurts my head to tink about." the rat admits. "I tink I need a drink. I do not even know how I got here. I was just going to get a drink back on de ship. I stepped trough a hole in a bulkhead and poof! Next ting I know I am lying in Señor Owain's dinner. ¡Ay, ay, ay! I tink I need a drink even more now."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel nodded to Houston, "Sure? Is this about your theory?"
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Maybe" Said Houston, with what sounded like determined doubt. "Just wanna make sure all bases are covered, plus I'll need a shield if Rem decides to throw punches" He said, joking about the last part of that sentence.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Nodding rem leads the other two through the kitchen to a room that looks like a greenhouse. "Kid." he says, once they're back there, making a small wolf working at one of the plants perk up. "you mind watching the front for a bit?"

Nodding she seems to ripple, turning white briefly, before soon being Rem's height and mirror image. With a silent grin she heads back out front in his stead.

Rem meanwhile sits down on a slightly metallic looking tree stump near the door and almost seems to melt into it slightly. From the knees down the only impression of where his legs are is their shape.

"I was due for a break anyway, what did you want?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel stood by the door and tried his best to look like "the muscle," but that was pretty difficult when you couldn't actually flex and he was almost 100% sure that he wasn't fooling anyone. Maybe the jacket and shades helped, but he doubted that too. He couldn't help but chuckle quietly at how silly he felt.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mus' be usef'l," Owain said as he approached Miguel with his drink in hand, "bein' a met'l beast. 'ard t' injure, surely?" he tried conversationally.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Eh, it's a give and take really. Harder to injure, harder to heal." He reached a hand out to the mouse, "I don't think we've met properly. You're Owain, right?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain smiled as they did the introductions the 'wrong way around'. "An' you, I think, are Miguel," he said, taking the hand carefully. "Mus' live longer, eh. Tha's somethin'."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I mean, just like you, if I take good care of myself I can last for a long time. There's a few ethical problems that might arise when I get old enough, but that won't be for a while." He looked the mouse up and down, "Personally I think it'd be cool to be living for a while."
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

Houston, taking his hat off and rubbing his temples,
"If my theory is correct, this question I'm fixing to ask you is 9/10 of the problem... When was the last time you had a good night's sleep?" He felt kinda dumb asking like this...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm a plant. I Don't. Atleast not the way you perceive it anyway, that form of rest kinda requires having a nervous system." rem explained, leaning back and staring happily up at the sunlamp above him. His mustelid appearance fading away to show a figure with wooden looking skin, wrapped in silver leaves and clad in semimetalic clumps of bark that have an almost mechanical look to them. it's a lot harder to distinguish between him and the stump he's sitting on now. "I just kind of 'slow down' if i don't have good enough light for a while. i don't just stop like youlot do."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles watched as Rem walked into a back room, then walked "back out" again. He smiled, checking the device over in his paws, trying to fiddle out how the system worked. Touch based? He thought, swishing a finger along the screen. He then talked to "Rem".

"Ya know, you might have a hardware problem after all," Miles said, "<Hold off on that drink Pepito, I might need ya.>"

Then he turned to Rem again.

"Say, do you have a network den? Or closet? Or tower? Or some sort of communication room? Where it all hooks up?" Miles asked.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the LCD screen doesn't react to touch, though it does have a 72 key mini keyboard below it. the layout being a little odd since it's trying to fit under a 4:3, 4", flip open screen.

when addressed, "rem" momentarily scowls before shaking his head. Reaching over and tapping three of the keys on the device in sequence. a 'details' screen comes up, the first words on it being "unable to establish satellite uplink, orbital infrastructure not found." with a ticker below it counting the number of failed attempts so far, the count increasing by one every 30 seconds. that's followed by a bunch of networking jargon, server addresses and error codes.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain snorted slightly. "Would'n' say tha' if'n you 'ad my feet(!) All cut'n bruis'd they are." He looked the Anidroid over. "Figure it'd take me a life t' und'rstan' ev'n 'ow to make the tiniest part've ye. Nev'r know anythin', do we?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, the pain side might be a bit odd at first. But you gotta remember what you do have that I don't. Food. You get to do that eating thing from day one. Not for me, at least not for my model." He scanned the mouse, using his claimed profession, speech patterns and native language to try and guess a year. Mid 1800's? It didn't fit all that well but he could use that. "I could probably explain some parts of myself to using terms more present in your time than mine."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pepito would have stamped if he wasn't sitting on Owain's paw.
"Come on, Señor Gato. Just a small one?" he whines, holding a finger and a thumb slightly apart."Just to steel my nerves in dis strange place." Fortunately he hasn't noticed the change in the bartender.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Y'd prob'ly be wastin' time," Owain told Miguel. "E'en knowin' I'd..." He paused as Pepito piped up. "I'd bet'r get 'im back t' th' bar." He frowned. "Don' think 'e notic'd I moved...
Comin'
" he asked the Wolf as he got back to the bar.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I'll be over in a few. I've been enlisted to be the muscle for Houston in case Remember tries to do something. Dunno why he thinks he would or what he thinks I could do about it. Fighting someone who owns their own dimension is probably not the best idea." He gave a shrug and a smile to Owain before turning back to the room Houston and Rem were in.
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Well, this puts a wrench in the gears," Houston said disappointed. After a moment he smiles and and begins to laugh maniacally

"I honestly believe I can fix this, but I need to leave to get what I need to do so. Give me three days (I don't know how time works here) I should have an idea and the tools/supplies for it..."

He walks over to Miguel and hands him a palm sized black box, with a black headset to match. He puts on the headset, "I'm sure you don't need me to tell you what this is. Push the silver button inside to get a hold of me" Putting on his hat, gunbelt, and duster, he make his way out...
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel turned the black box over in his hand as he watched Houston leave. He looked from the box to Rem, "I still don't know what he's trying to fix..." He gave a small, dismissive shrug and pocketed the box before heading over to where Owain had seated himself.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"If i had to guess? probably the endless flat plane of blank white nothing outside." rem comments with a shrug before the strange wispy figure thumps into the glass of the greenhouse. "or that thing?" he adds sounding perplexed. "still don't know what that is..."

at the counter the kid has fished out a half ounce shotglass and filled it with gingerale before setting it next to Pepito, expecting him to have the same reaction to carbonated sodas as the animals from where she's from.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel leaned on to the countertop so that he could get a good look at everyone sitting there. "You are one of the newer ones, right," he asked, singling Pascal out as he ate. He glanced at the bartender, "If you have any sort of non-conductive liquid with good heat transfer properties, I'd be much obliged."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"mmhmm." Pascal said before swallowing his bite of sushi. "I was fighting a cat that attacked me when I fell through some kind of drain in the ground. Then found myself landing face-first on the counter."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

well that doesn't make sense... the door wanders, but it's still a door... the kid posing as rem thought to herself as she looked through the items behind the counter. sadly, what Miguel was asking for was more the domain of industrial lubricants and coolants, basically highly purified oils. not something you find in a drink counter.