SRP: Lounging around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: SRP: Lounging around

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:Returning from the kitchen, Rem sets chris' order down on the counter. "Here you go." he states, unaware of what happened while he was gone.
"thanks," the orange cat said as he started eating his food. not enough to get too much of a charge, but it will at least be enough to stun a couple pet sized beings if needed.
Buster wrote:"Kid, no weapons."
Chris briefly glanced at his "knitting needles" in their holsters. eh, he'll get rid of them if he gets caught.
-----------
CyberDragon wrote:"New York, huh?" The Lycan said, nodding. "Yeah, lots of odd things seem to happen there. What kinds of things have you encountered?"
"Oh, too much..." Flynn said before briefly giving a thousand yard stare and saying "why" under his breath.
"but outside of my life on the streets I've been a pawn in a game between gods and fought some robospiders in a magical cave."
he briefly wondered if he could use the magic he picked up in this dimension. he sure as heck couldn't use it at home.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Rig gave Eira a rather confused stare, "I do not know what "See Gee" is but I think I understand. Maybe..." He turned to see who Amanda had met, "Are you like Iron Man? One of those hero that Noah always talk about?"
Eira was busy looking longingly out at the view of the Beacon. She almost didn't hear Rig when he addressed her, and she didn't notice the wolf cub dump out her weapons.

"Huh? Oh... CG, or CGI is when you use a computer to make an image instead of taking a picture of something that's physically there. It can be a pretty convincing image, but if you see enough of them you start to notice little things that give it away that it isn't real." She explained. "The modern prosthetic is similar to that. Wear it enough and it starts to feel... fake. The ice arm feels more natural."

---------------------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Oh, too much..." Flynn said before briefly giving a thousand yard stare and saying "why" under his breath.
"but outside of my life on the streets I've been a pawn in a game between gods and fought some robospiders in a magical cave."
he briefly wondered if he could use the magic he picked up in this dimension. he sure as heck couldn't use it at home.
"Interesting!" Randy said with a smile, though why he was smiling was not because what the cat was saying was interesting. He could tell he was on the right track. Flynn was getting stressed. He decided to push a little further and see what else he could find out about this suspicious cat-person. "So what kinds of things do you do? You seem to lead an adventurous life full of risk taking, I'd be interested to know about your hobbies." He commented, still smiling his fanged smile. He turned slightly to Rem as well and added: "Also, do poisonous fangs count as weapons? Because I don't think I can remove those."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda gave a sigh of relief, that bit of information putting her mind at ease, "Good. Good." She shook her head, realizing her fear had interupted her introduction to Eira's parents, "S-sorry! I forgor to really introduce myself. I'm Amanda of house Bellus. Where as in your world powers are attributed to being super powers, most in my world can be attributed to magic."

Tatiana turned to Rig as he asked someone if they're like Iron Man, "I assume you mean me? I don't know what this Iron Man is. And really I see myself more as a merc than a super hero, as that's what I was before I joined Beacon."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I wouldn't say 'attributed' to superpowers." Morgan explained. "Superpowers are the result, not the cause. My husband is a Lycan. He's a species of shape-shifting canine. We met while he was in disguise. I was born with my power of water manipulation. I have yet to learn how that happened." She started to explain the powers of some of the other supers she knew.

"Gear, the Cyborg, was gravely injured. The only way to save him was to replace most of his body with machines."

"The Immortal Legionnaire was cursed to an eternity of war and pain, and so cannot die."

"Hivemind was born with a special nervous system that could connect with the central nervous system of anyone he came in contact with. He absorbed the knowledge of everyone he touched until he was old enough to figure out that gloves were important. Realizing that communication wasn't so easy when he could no longer directly hook up to their minds to understand them, he found a way to hook his mind to machines that did know how to communicate. The network of robots under his control just grew from there."

"So you see, there is no one cause of superpowers. It's simply the blanket term for any ability that goes beyond what is considered normal." She concluded the rather long explanation.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda blinked at the long explanation, "U-uh, well I was just saying that as a way to quickly explain that powers in my world are more grounded in the supernatural and, from what Eira has told us, you use your powers with more openness,
for those in need, whereas powers in my world are far more secretive. No super villains, no super organizations, no aliens, just twenty first century earth and us magic folk trying to avoid Salem 2.0, while trying to explore the depths of our power and what makes it what it is."

She toyed with her bow as she spoke, taking a bit of normalcy in explaining a bit of magic, "Though, my family does try to protect the ignorant non magical folk from any dangerous magics we become aware of."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain found himself moving closer to the mysterious creature as she talked with Miss Morgan and he arrived to hear how the family protected others. "Y'mean y' protect them that don' unnerstan' Magic from wha' they don' unnderstan'? Like me," he added, goofy grin on his face.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

CyberDragon wrote:"Interesting!" Randy said with a smile, though why he was smiling was not because what the cat was saying was interesting. He could tell he was on the right track. Flynn was getting stressed. He decided to push a little further and see what else he could find out about this suspicious cat-person. "So what kinds of things do you do? You seem to lead an adventurous life full of risk taking, I'd be interested to know about your hobbies." He commented, still smiling his fanged smile. He turned slightly to Rem as well and added: "Also, do poisonous fangs count as weapons? Because I don't think I can remove those."
"I like playing card games," Flynn replied. "though they're more fun if a little friendly wagering is involved."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Yeah think less D&D, more Wolverine. The blades were inside her limbs." The ferret explains, pausing a moment to turn to Randy, "If I see you trying to bite anybody you're getting dumped onto a random pocket dimension." Rem deadpans, giving a flat stare for a moment.

Turning back to Sirius, rem grins "if you want weird though, My home reality uses what some of the locals call 'Galifraxian anatomy' this form is supposed to be 28cm tall, not a metre and a half." he explains, hopping up onto the counter and shifting to his correct proportions mid-jump. appearing to be a liquid a color somewhere between silver and pine wood for a split second in between. Taking a moment to sit up on his hind paws and hold his front paws out to the sides, trying not to think about how uncomfortable doing that with these shoulders is. "See? It's kind of hard to run the counter when I'm the same size as the mugs though."

Meanwhile the cub is listening in Okay, alternate reality... and, Iron's counterpart here is fictional? hmmm... Randy may or may not notice her studying him.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda blinked at the long explanation, "U-uh, well I was just saying that as a way to quickly explain that powers in my world are more grounded in the supernatural and, from what Eira has told us, you use your powers with more openness,
for those in need, whereas powers in my world are far more secretive. No super villains, no super organizations, no aliens, just twenty first century earth and us magic folk trying to avoid Salem 2.0, while trying to explore the depths of our power and what makes it what it is."

She toyed with her bow as she spoke, taking a bit of normalcy in explaining a bit of magic, "Though, my family does try to protect the ignorant non magical folk from any dangerous magics we become aware of."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Owain found himself moving closer to the mysterious creature as she talked with Miss Morgan and he arrived to hear how the family protected others. "Y'mean y' protect them that don' unnerstan' Magic from wha' they don' unnderstan'? Like me," he added, goofy grin on his face.
Morgan smiled at Amanda. "Yeah, you'd fit right in on the Beacon." She said before snickering at Owain's joke. "Honestly neither do I. This is just something I do. I don't think too much about it."

--------------------------
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I like playing card games," Flynn replied. "though they're more fun if a little friendly wagering is involved."
Bingo.

Randy grinned. "Card games, huh? Sounds like fun. Maybe we should play a game sometime before we leave." His grin turned quickly into a grump-face as the shapeshifting ferret deadpans his threat. He sighs. "I'm not gonna bite anyone. Killjoy. I was just joking earlier. Bites are reserved for life-or-death threats." He finally admitted to his disappointment. He was having fun with taking this joke further, but it was time to come clean before he got in trouble.
-Champion Motto

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

CyberDragon wrote:Bingo.

Randy grinned. "Card games, huh? Sounds like fun. Maybe we should play a game sometime before we leave." His grin turned quickly into a grump-face as the shapeshifting ferret deadpans his threat. He sighs. "I'm not gonna bite anyone. Killjoy. I was just joking earlier. Bites are reserved for life-or-death threats." He finally admitted to his disappointment. He was having fun with taking this joke further, but it was time to come clean before he got in trouble.
"Oh, we could play right now," Flynn said, pulling a deck of cards out of his collar. he always carried a deck.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I'll pass for now." he said politely. "There are still some people I have yet to meet." While that was true, in actuality he needed to be sure he would be able to catch the cat in what he assumed would be his inevitable cheating. He didn't want to accidentally find himself a few million credits short.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda nodded towards Owain, "Yes, we try to protect non magical people from magic dangers and magical people from non magical dangers." She felt ice and frost cross onto her cheeks at Morgan's compliment, "You really think so? I-I mean, I still need to practice my control of my power and... such."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank'ew," Owain said, inclining his head towards Amanda, "bu' wouldn't it be bett'r if'n we experienc'd some've it an' learn'd t' work 'rund it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Amanda nodded towards Owain, "Yes, we try to protect non magical people from magic dangers and magical people from non magical dangers." She felt ice and frost cross onto her cheeks at Morgan's compliment, "You really think so? I-I mean, I still need to practice my control of my power and... such."
"So did I. So did Randy. Everyone with powers or abilities needs to learn how they work, how to use them, and how to control them." Tempest said. "I can generate multi-tornado apocalyptic storms and category 5 hurricanes with a thought. Sometimes it happens without me thinking, when I'm particularly angry or threatened. I was lucky in that I already had a good grasp of my powers by the time I got that strong. Randy wasn't so lucky. He will shift into a wolf form whenever he falls asleep. He had to change schools twelve times in four years because every time he fell asleep in class, he'd reveal his nature."

Randy walked over and joined the conversation. "Yep. Had a miserable time in History class, let me tell you."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Thank'ew," Owain said, inclining his head towards Amanda, "bu' wouldn't it be bett'r if'n we experienc'd some've it an' learn'd t' work 'rund it?"
"Ehhhhhh, no. Not really." Randy responded. "There are several groups that actively want to kill me because they think I'm a demon or that I want to eat their kids, or whatever the absurd accusation of the day is. People don't like leaving the unusual alone. It offends them and challenges what they know. As such, there will always be people looking to destroy what doesn't belong in their little safety box." He smiled at the mouse. "By the way, I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Randy Steele." He held out a hand for Owain to shake.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Owain Ap Daffydd," the Mouse announced, accepting the hand. "Trav'll'r from a far more mwdlyd... muddy place'n yuirs, I ken?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Most likely." The Lycan responded. "It's good to meet you. Sorry about the scare earlier. My daughter and I are prone to pulling pranks when we get together."
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Amanda nodded, both in awe of Tempest's powers and sympathy for the unfortunate events Randy had experienced, "Yes, that is what led to my Matriarch to take action, though even amongst us magic folk power of that level is legend! Most of my family could train for years just to be a fraction as strong. Though I guess it is due to our more low key power level that we have little need to expose ourselves to the world at large, there just are not that many who would like to reveal themselves and risk the public perception or ire, it is also rather handy that pretty much any super natural folk with the mind to do evil also have the mind to stay under the radar, sparing us the need. Though if my new home is any indication the public is comically unaware of us, even when seeing it first hand. And, hurricane winds of that level would be hard to ignore."

Amanda let out a giggle, a thought entering her mind, "Though, I guess Kaylee would disagree on that last one." She turned to Owain as Randy explained the flaws in exposing themselves to the world through his own experience, "Sadly, that's true for us as well. Magic is a joke until something actually comes from it, then it is something to fear. My family is STILL trying to find and contact any remnant of magic tribes, families or... anything. It is almost funny to think that some of these magic folk we are trying to find were once worshiped."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Tempest shrugged. "It really depends on the power I think. Also on the person fearing or worshiping it. Many people have a great deal of love for the champions, while others are understandably uncomfortable with the idea of so much power concentrated in a single group. Some super heroes are more loved, some are more feared. Our patron and co-founder, The Dragon Knight, was largely loved because he had a variety of light based powers and the noble personality to match. My husband on the other hand is more like something out of a horror movie. He's a real-life lycan with poison fangs and a reputation for putting bad-guys through waking nightmares. People are more afraid of him than they are of me."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

((environment reset due to prolonged idle time...))

looking around the now empty room, Rem sighed.
"In hindsight, building this place with an eject function might not have been the best idea..."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

A gentle click of the door is heard, followed by a fast swing of the door being opened. A bright orange fox in a pair of blue chaps, a white shirt under a brown vest and duster, head covered by a brown Stetson and brandishing a dual revolver Gun-belt walks in."Well, y'all surely do know how to hide an Inter-dimensional bar, don't ya?" the fox says gruffly.

"I'll have a strong strawberry soda with a vanilla milkshake chaser." he says as he walks up to the bar. Finally seeing the "weapons at the door" sign, he walks back to the door and undoes his Gun-belt, hanging it on the edge of a basket.
"Almost forgot to introduce myself, I'm Houston Davies. I'm a Universal Bounty hunter"
He smiles.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The door opened and Mouse in tatty green fabrics entered, blinking. "O, nid y lle hwn eto,*" he said in Marcher dialect before deciding not to head back out into the wind. He crossed to the bar and remembered his English on the way. "Beer os gwelwch yn dda... uh, beer please,"he said, keeping a wary eye on the Fox and a little distance too. "Owain Ap Daffyd," was all he said to the Fox.

((*Oh, it's this place again."))
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Behind the bar, Rem quickly got the requested drinks ready, setting them out in front of ther owners. Owain's beer first, as he had been hesitant to serve the other visitor while still armed.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The door opened once more and a low, growling voice sounded from the other side. "Why there door? Cave not have door... Hmm... Cave should have door."

A second, very high pitched and squeaky voice replied. "Did we take a wrong turn?"

The first voice grunted, then responded. "How many cave in area? No. This right place."

The two walked through the door. Or rather, one gargantuan bear walked through the door. The second person, an absolutely tiny mouse, was riding on his shoulder.

The bear stopped in it's tracks. "This not right place..."

"Told ya."
-Champion Motto

IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

Houston looks around, carefully eyeing all the new arrivals. He then starts slowly sipping his soda and taking notes in his head.

"I'm starting to get a little bit on edge now, since that bear arrived..." he says to himself as he holds his cybernetic shoulder.
He blanks out, going back to that week he went on his first solo mission...
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain looked over his shoulder. "Fig're th' arth's safe," he said, using the Marcher for Bear. "None's bitt'n me, any'ow."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The bear stepped inside and walked up to the counter. "Why you in cave? What is place? Who are..." He suddenly froze. His eyes were locked on Owain, though not threateningly so. The mouse poked his head out from behind the bear's shoulder. "What's up, buddy? Something wro-uuuuhh..." The tiny two inch mouse just noticed the human-sized version of his kind.

There was an almost audible pop as both of their minds blew trying to wrap their heads around what they were seeing. Even the mouse, for once, was completely speechless.

"You... Are very big mouse..." the bear managed to force out. The mouse was still staring, his tiny jaw having dropped as far as it would go.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

If it hadn't been for his prior experience here, Owain might have been as awestruck as his smaller compatriot. Indeed, although shaken somewhat enough to sputter the beer he was sipping, he managed to talk. "Or...or p'r'aps your ffrind is very small, eh?" He smiled a little to show he was being friendly. "Th' place is magic," he said by way of explanation. "Door goes anywhere an anywhen... that a word?" he tried to think of some of the words the wolf fella had used but came up empty. He indicated the barman. "Ask 'im." He passed another small coin over the counter. "wha'ev'r they's 'avin'."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deciding to mess with the newcomers, rem momentarily ducks out of sight, shifts to galafrax proportions, then hops up on to the counter. Retrieving the coin, which now takes up the entirety of his apron's front pocket, he asks,"so, what'll you have?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:If it hadn't been for his prior experience here, Owain might have been as awestruck as his smaller compatriot. Indeed, although shaken somewhat enough to sputter the beer he was sipping, he managed to talk. "Or...or p'r'aps your ffrind is very small, eh?" He smiled a little to show he was being friendly. "Th' place is magic," he said by way of explanation. "Door goes anywhere an anywhen... that a word?" he tried to think of some of the words the wolf fella had used but came up empty. He indicated the barman. "Ask 'im." He passed another small coin over the counter. "wha'ev'r they's 'avin'."
"Okay..." Was all the bear could say in response to that. He wasn't entirely sure this whole thing wasn't a hallucination brought on by that old bullet wound to his head. Then again, he never hallucinated before...

The bear walked over to the counter, the floor creaking under his weight. He kept his eyes on the strange giant mouse, though he was just as cautious about the fox and the Ferret bartender. After all, he had a mouse with him.
Buster wrote:Deciding to mess with the newcomers, rem momentarily ducks out of sight, shifts to galafrax proportions, then hops up on to the counter. Retrieving the coin, which now takes up the entirety of his apron's front pocket, he asks,"so, what'll you have?"
The bear stumbled backwards in surprise. He tripped and came crashing down backwards. The mouse flew off of his shoulder and landed on the ground with an agile roll. The bear wasn't quite so graceful. He sat up, rubbing his head and his eyes, and after making sure his mouse friend was OK, he managed to speak again. "This place not real! This place product of bullet to head! This place hallucination!" He said, genuinely panicking. He knew if he was hallucinating, it was a bad sign that his old injury had long term damage that was just now starting to show up.

The mouse climbed to his feet. Suddenly, he bolted across the floor and made a flying leap onto the counter. Zipping back and forth between the other people there, he inspected each and every one of them, not sure himself if what he was seeing was real. He poked and felt the fox's mechanical arm, inspecting it up close. Then he was checking out the bartender's odd quadrupedal form, trying to figure out why he was like that and how he changed shape. Owain got the closest inspection as the much smaller mouse was suddenly standing on his snout and looking him in the eyes, getting a better look at the massive mouse's face. He moved like a blur, feeling and smelling and seeing the three multiple times just to make sure his senses weren't lying to him before he was suddenly on the ground next to the giant bear. "You aren't hallucinating. This place is real! They're all real!"

The bear hesitated for a minute. Then, picking his mouse friend up, he stood up and walked up to the bar, eyes still darting between the three odd people there. "Water. Lots water." he said once his friend confirmed that it wasn't just his slightly damaged brain and that everything was in fact there.
-Champion Motto

IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

The Fox let out a small chuckle as the mouse began zipping around...
"Guess the marcher's right, no need to be so edgy."
He gets up to go check on the bear, making sure he's okay.
Looking at the bartender, he let's out a sigh, "How much I owe you?" grabbing his wallet.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Whatever you think is fair. Conservation of Matter currently has a lifetime ban from this place, so i doubt i'll run out of anything any time soon." Rem answers maintaining a completely straight face.
Deske

Post by Deske »

The door opened up, letting in the smell of salt and fish, with a hint of jazzy piano to boot, "Seeya tomorrow," he said to someone presumably down the hall, half-in-half-out of the door. He turned back to his "room" and began to take his sunglasses off before stopping and staring at the scene in front of him. Sliding his sunglasses back on he took another glance out the door and down the hallways he had just come from, then back into the lounge area, making sure someone wasn't trying to overlay some sort of virtual reality simulation overtop of his camera input. He frowned a slightly unnatural looking frown, more out of confusion than anything else, "I'm... pretty sure I didn't enter a holodeck just now," Miguel said mostly to himself. He shut the door fully and turned around to look at everyone, quiet clicks coming from his face as his gaze shifted from one person to the next. "So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you are all real... If so, hello!" He gave the crowd a small wave before stepping further into the lounge.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"'m real," Owain admitted, taking another draw on his beer, "'though I doubts it s'metimes, yere." He offered a finger to the smaller Mouse to shake. "Owain Ap Daffyd," he said in introduction. "Owain to them knows me."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Right, forgot how hard it is to actually do anything at this size..." Rem grumbles, hopping back behind the counter and returning to his more Breel-sized bipedal form. A moment later, her's got a tray with a pitcher of ice water, a large glass and a tiny glass on it, and has come around the counter to try and guide the confused bear to the nearest table so he can sit down, giving a friendly wave and smile to the newest arrival along the way.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"'m real," Owain admitted, taking another draw on his beer, "'though I doubts it s'metimes, yere." He offered a finger to the smaller Mouse to shake. "Owain Ap Daffyd," he said in introduction. "Owain to them knows me."
The smaller mouse accepted the finger (or at least accepted the tip of the claw as that was the only thing narrow enough for his paw to actually grab considering the finger was a third as wide as he was tall) and shook it. "My name's Flash. My friend over there is named Deus. We kind of named each other and look out for each other." Flash stated.
Deske wrote:The door opened up, letting in the smell of salt and fish, with a hint of jazzy piano to boot, "Seeya tomorrow," he said to someone presumably down the hall, half-in-half-out of the door. He turned back to his "room" and began to take his sunglasses off before stopping and staring at the scene in front of him. Sliding his sunglasses back on he took another glance out the door and down the hallways he had just come from, then back into the lounge area, making sure someone wasn't trying to overlay some sort of virtual reality simulation overtop of his camera input. He frowned a slightly unnatural looking frown, more out of confusion than anything else, "I'm... pretty sure I didn't enter a holodeck just now," Miguel said mostly to himself. He shut the door fully and turned around to look at everyone, quiet clicks coming from his face as his gaze shifted from one person to the next. "So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you are all real... If so, hello!" He gave the crowd a small wave before stepping further into the lounge.
Buster wrote:"Right, forgot how hard it is to actually do anything at this size..." Rem grumbles, hopping back behind the counter and returning to his more Breel-sized bipedal form. A moment later, her's got a tray with a pitcher of ice water, a large glass and a tiny glass on it, and has come around the counter to try and guide the confused bear to the nearest table so he can sit down, giving a friendly wave and smile to the newest arrival along the way.
The bear named Deus cautiously took a seat at the table. He was surprised that the chair could hold him.

When the door opened, his nose and ears twitched as he smelled and heard what was beyond the door. He turned his head to the new arrival, watching him cautiously. The fox in the room already had him somewhat on edge, but now there was a wolf too. He turned to look at the two mice talking, wondering if he might have to protect the two. They both seemed calm to him, and none of the predators in the area seemed to be interested in attacking. He remained on guard as he started drinking the water, attempting to use the glass to try to act civilized, but making quite a mess in the process.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"You and me both, though I think I've come to terms with it," he replied jokingly. He glanced over at Deus, running a variety of kinesics scans at the same time and leaving the bear a wider berth to try and keep him comfortable with his presence. Choosing his words, he spoke carefully, "You don't have to be so cautious around me, I can assure you that no harm will come to you or the two you keep looking at." He smiled, trying to play down the fact that his mouth didn't move when he spoke as much as he could.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Tell me, Flish," Owain said, accidentally getting the name wrong before pointing towards the door. "If'n I were t'walk out've tha' drws... door... wi' you an' th' Arth there an' into yer byd... uh, w'rld, what'd they think?" He grinned slightly as he imagined the response with animals running around with their handpaws in the air.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"You and me both, though I think I've come to terms with it," he replied jokingly. He glanced over at Deus, running a variety of kinesics scans at the same time and leaving the bear a wider berth to try and keep him comfortable with his presence. Choosing his words, he spoke carefully, "You don't have to be so cautious around me, I can assure you that no harm will come to you or the two you keep looking at." He smiled, trying to play down the fact that his mouth didn't move when he spoke as much as he could.
Deus grunted. Though he did a double take when he noticed the unusual mouth movement. Shaking his head, he went back to his drink.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Tell me, Flish," Owain said, accidentally getting the name wrong before pointing towards the door. "If'n I were t'walk out've tha' drws... door... wi' you an' th' Arth there an' into yer byd... uh, w'rld, what'd they think?" He grinned slightly as he imagined the response with animals running around with their handpaws in the air.
Flash thought for a second. "I'm honestly not really sure. It really depends on who it is and what they are. Little guys like me would probably run around screaming. Bigger predators on the other hand would possibly see you as enough mouse meat to keep them full for a week." He said, not really sure what his response would be. "That's kind of why Deus is so protective of me. I don't know how it is where you're from, but mice where I'm from are kind of at the bottom of the food chain."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"They'd try'n EAT me," Owain replied, surprise in his tone. "Well, ah'm not that easy t' eat, y'know? Still..." He shook his head. "Not e'en th' vermin tried that. Quite a world y'got. Least'n mine we're all a bit equal, like?" He leaned in close. "An' none've them furless things saw in 'ere earlier, neith'r."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Returning to the counter, rem asked, "anyone else want anything?" glancing at the newcomer. "oh, um, your musculature emulation seems to be desyncing."