Reply to topic  [ 1083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 

Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, I was thinking of some sort of civic reception for the 'first contact' scenario I was coming here for," he replied, accepting the gesture and returning it, "so it may be sooner, rather than later. I was wondering, though, how come you brought the boy with you?" he added, indicating Jaken as he stayed guarding the flap.

Rika looked confused. "You mean Jaken?" She asked, looking to the foxboy. "I, ah.." She sighed."..It's a bit of a long story if you want the details, but the short version is I.. I didn't bring him here. To earth, I mean.. I found him - Well, he found me here at the triage earlier today. He helped me treat some of the patients by bringing me things I needed. I found out later that he.. Well, he has this ability.. He can create 'portals'. It's how he got me things quickly, he can cover distances in a single step. Before all that, he had been on his own.. Even before he came to Earth, apparently.. Anyway, I promised I'll take care of him now and.. Here we are." She finished, leaning back. "He's not been a hassle at all, and he's surpisingly smart. Even though he's a different race, I.. Treat him like he's one of my own.. I do that with everyone, but.. I feel something.. Different with him.." She admitted, looking tired.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Ulrich smiled as Tatiana came floating up, "Well, I am glad to see that you are looking much better! Sure, be careful with him. He is not exactly in a good shape right now." He motioned to the blood dripping off of the platform. "Although maybe a slight dip in the ocean would not hurt. Saltwater is good for wounds sometimes." The platform disappeared as soon as Tatiana had hold of the man, "I will see you on the shore!" Ulrich gave a smile and a wave as his own platform disappeared, dropping him into the ocean. A glow appeared below the surface and he was off, a construct of his pushing him towards the shore.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:02 pm
Game Master

The Minister considered. "Emotions can do that with one, I hear. Well," he added, "if the Boy is here alone he should not be here. So how can I object to someone taking him away if they will care for him better than one of our homes?"
Jaken sniffed a sandwich he'd grabbed earlier. "Dead meat," he muttered. "It's OK. But all foods here are too spiced."
"Try the Trinidad Chicken Stew. But flavour in spices is the way here. For bland, try The U.S.A."
"I meant to," Jaken muttered quietly when he wasn't looking at the Human.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:29 pm
Game Master

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Oh, I could kiss you," Jenny told Kolt as they neared the beach and landed. "Or the ground. OK, the ground. You later. Maybe." She greeted Ulrich before going over to look at the thing they'd fought. "Riku knock-off," she asked. "I wonder what happened to him? And will they let us in on the answers?"

"I happened to him." the rough, mechanical voice of Gear sounded behind them. He was walking out of a patch of trees on the coast followed closely by The Lycan "I can explain, but 'ere ain't the right place. Too many vultures about." He said, indicating the reporters that would no doubt swarm the beach soon. "Y'all have a medic, right? We need ta get 'im some medical help, fast. He ain't gonna last long like that."

------------------------------

>I do remember.
>However, we need to quarantine that shark.
>If it stays in the ecosystem, the infection could spread.
>Eventually it could even reach humanity by mistake.
>We don't want your species to be considered invasive.
>Anyway, what is taking so long? You need to get to shore by the time the Doctor gets here.

The swarm bot sent the message as it flew over the heads of the reporters, trying to look for Rika in the crowd. Being the size and appearance of a fairly large insect, it didn't stand out much and was able to avoid the eyes of the reporters. Eventually, his scanners picked up on her in the triage tent, along with the Prime Minister. He flew down lower and through the tent flaps, hovering at eye level and in front of the Prime Minister, Hivemind spoke. "Mr. Prime Minister? I apologize for everything. I will happily aid in the reconstruction of the ship, or provide financial compensation to cover for it."

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:27 pm
Game Master

"She'll be up with the medical lot," jenny guessed, suddenly wondering what the front of her muzzle looked like. She had a feeling it was dark red. And now she could feel her trimmed ear. "I'll go find her." As she headed up, she put a call into Hivemind to contact Rika if he could before she got there. Saving time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A bug is talking to me," the Minister said as Jaken tried unsuccessfully to swat the big 'insect'. "I do not think I shall mention this as it will give the opposition ammunition. But we shall discuss such things better in person later, Mr...Hivemind, is it? I hope I have that right or my nephew will never forgive me."

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:55 pm
Game Master

"Sir, I am not a 'bug' I am a swarm bot. I would be talking to you through better means, but my only other body in the area was recently destroyed. And you can call me Solomon, Mr. Prime Minister." The swarm bot said as it bobbed and dodged Jaken's attempts to swat it. "I'm afraid I... can't... speak in person. It is either this robot body, or another robot body. I originally made them so that I could speak to people. Anyway, I digress. I need Rika's help. We have some wounded in the area, and we need our miracle worker."

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:14 pm
Game Master

”Oh um, Riku is a character in this game I’m playing who joins the bad guys for stupid reason. I made the comparison because aside from the ‘joining the bad guys for stupid reasons’ bit, judging by how it first showed up, what that thing that possessed him is called clearly enjoys the same game, because it was heavily ripping off one of the earlier scene in the game.” Kolt said, trying to answer Jenny’s question. He seemed confused by Gear referring to reporters as ‘vultures.’ ”Are they really that bad here? On my planet, reporters always seemed pretty respectful. They weren’t afraid to hold your feet to the fire if you screwed up, but other than that they always recognized the hard work that goes into battles like this.”

Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:49 pm
Game Master

"Of course," the PM said, "and I see she has heard you. My apologies for the attempt at levity. This is not a day I shall forget easily."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny, searching for the Doctor, found herself stopping at a different bedside. They'd put the stretcher flat on concrete slabs so Kol didn't go straight through and Jenny hovered by her friend. "You need to wake up," she told the alien warrior and miner. "We won the fight and how am I supposed to show you around the few quiet places I know if you don't wake up, eh?
C'mon, Kol, give a girl a break, eh?
" She kept talking in general terms.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:42 pm

CyberDragon Wrote:
>I do remember.
>However, we need to quarantine that shark.
>If it stays in the ecosystem, the infection could spread.
>Eventually it could even reach humanity by mistake.
>We don't want your species to be considered invasive.
>Anyway, what is taking so long? You need to get to shore by the time the Doctor gets here.

>I'm well aware of our ability to reproduce rapidly, I don't need a reminder.
>Junior's being a good boy and following. They're pretty docile and suggestible during stage one.
>Gimme another 5 minutes, we had to walk. Kobor is being suborn and refusing to leave the canon behind, and it's too heavy to swim with.

- - - - - - - -

There's a groan and the sound of someone shifting.

"Gadreqh moq..." Kol mumbles.

((translated literally: "head(inside) drumming"))

Epsilon - Steelhaven 10-10-5-2-5-5-5 (5-7)
Kobor - BOH 9-6-10-4-5-3-5 (6)
Talya - BOH 5-10-6-4-9-3-5 (6)
Kol - BOH 9-8-8-5-5-4-5 (4)
Characters

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Tatiana nodded as she grabbed the wounded villain, "See ya, man." She flew back to the beach at the fastest, yet most controllable speed she could to the beach. As she landed she kept hold on the pilot, "Yo, we need a doc over here if we want to follow our rules and all!" She moved away from the paparazzi looking types, knowing them to be of little help, "Yeesh. And here I thought those top hat wearing junkers back home were blood thirsty and crazy. No please, get closer to the giant hate abomination taking on people thousands of time outside your weight class..."

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:41 am

Ulrich stepped out of the ocean a minute or so after Tatiana, glad that his little swimming trip had successfully removed the remaining heat from his gauntlets and lessened the burning in his hands. He made his way over towards one of the medical tents and sat down on a bench. His injuries weren't really all that life threatening. Painful? Yes. First degree burns made the skin on his hands and forearms shiny and tight. There was a smooth line across his palm where he had touched the wire. This one was a bit worse, bordering on third degree, it was oozing blood and plasma with some blackening of the skin along the burn mark.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:11 am

Whilst the PM and Hivemind talked, Rika got up and moved next to the PM where Hivemind could see her. Once they finished, she spoke up. "Hive, I need to talk to you for a moment. It won't take long.." She said, gesturing to the other end of the tent.

Once the two had moved over there, Rika continued. "Alright, so.. I just want to tell you about the young boy there, Jaken. It's important." She stated, looking to Jaken. "I found him whilst treating patients here in the triage earlier today. He's from a planet called, ah.. Celica, which he does not want to return to. The reason being, he's been by himself since a little before he came to Earth. I've also found out he has this special power that can create stable 'portals' that anyone can use, he used it to help me with the patients here. Anyway, the truth is he doesn't belong here and he doesn't want to go back. So, I request that he comes with me onto the Beacon when we leave. I will take full responsibility for him." She finished, bowing her head.

After a moment she raised her head back up, waiting for Hivemind's verdict.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:11 am
Game Master

The swarm droid made a sighing sound. "Rika... He isn't some lost puppy that decided to follow you home! He's a kid. There are procedures that need to be followed, or it could be considered kidnapping. He can stay with you for now, but as soon as we make our next pass by Celica, we need to see if he has family. If he truly is alone, I can see about making him a resident of the Beacon. Now..." He continued, changing the subject to the matter he needed to discuss with her in the first place. "We have wounded champions. Kolt has a severed tail, Talya and Kobor have sustained a serious head injury that, if it weren't for their unusual biology, would have killed them. I'm calling in our head doctor to take care of them. Tatiana has lost at least one limb, and the pilot no doubt has at least four bullet wounds from a high caliber rifle. We need our medic, now."

------------------------------

Meanwhile, on the beach, there was a small disturbance in the air. It felt like the air before lightning struck. Then, a hole tore open in space and time, a portal much like the one that brought the champions there. A woman stepped through in doctors scrubs, secure protective equipment, and a full face environment helmet. The portal closed behind her. "Good afternoon." She said to Kolt, The Lycan, Gear, and everyone else there. I am Dr. Anne. Hivemind told me I was needed." She walked to the shore where she could sense Kobor and Talya about to emerge and waited for them.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:30 pm
Game Master

Still waiting for Gear’s response, Kolt was taken off guard when a portal opened up just a few feet behind him. ”Gah! Give a guy some warning, why don’t you.” He said, seeming rather annoyed by the doctor’s sudden appearance. His annoyance turned to confusion when she introduced herself. ”Well, yes, but we already have a healer, so I’m not sure why, oh!” He paused as he had a realization. ”Unless your healing is of a different type than hers. Rika, that’s her name, her type just accelerates the body’s natural healing, which won’t work for my tail and the nimrod who cut it off. But if your type is the kind that actually manipulates the flesh, you’d definitely be a great help here.”

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:28 pm
Game Master

"Ah," Jenny said happily, "there you are, Kol. He gave you one or two bangs as well, eh?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in the tent, Jaken 'popped out' and visited an ambulance to grab a pair of first aid kits before getting back to the tent the same way he'd left. Out of view of the human hunters with batons. "Ready," he said, still trying to keep away from the 'bug'.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Sure enough the twins rise out of the water shortly after, and to those who weren't on the ship they're a sorry sight. all along talya's left side her armor is scorched away, exposing her inner workings. You can see the tenntacles controlling each mechanical arm and leg plain as day on that side. the exploded missile launcher, and the mounting struts from the discarded particle beam hang off their superstructure like skeletal remains. as for the head wound, there's a large rent into the right side of their nose, the armor buckled inward and digging into kobor's normally pink but currently deathly gray flesh.

They're also carrying a 90cm shark under one arm, opposite from a rather large canon, that has a strange pattern of inflamed blue tinted veins around it's eyes and mouth.

"Kobor can't talk right now, his beak seized up about two minutes ago. He has almost no blood left, and a deep laceration into his mantle that's damaged the node array mimicking the right stellate ganglion, as well as a few organs." Talya rattles off, getting right to the point. "Also, you'll need to force the cockpit hatch open. The blade tore the hatch actuator off it's mounting, I've unlocked it but I can't open it."

- - - - - -

"Genneh." at first Kol seems happy to see Jenny, taking her friend being the one to greet her as a sign that things went well after she blacked out. Pulling her into a hug the large felinoid purs lightly, before letting go and asking, "Torok kubu vo? Ede..." Kol trails off, before she starts patting her belt looking for something, then glancing around the tent...

("The battle went well then? Wait...")

Characters

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:10 pm
Game Master

"I am what Hivemind has taken to calling organikinetic. I can move and manipulate living material telekinetically. I use my gift to heal the sick and injured." She looked at Kolt sympathetically when he mentioned his tail. "I am sorry. I cannot create something from nothing. I do not have the materials on me to regenerate the vertebrae in your tail. If we were at my office, then I could, but Hivemind mostly called me in to help those with life threatening... oh!" She turned when the twins rose out of the sea. She inspected their injuries, then asked "Can one of you open the cockpit for me while I get into position?"

Gear shrugged and put the gun case down. He walked over to Talya and used his metal arms to pry open the cockpit door, giving the doctor better access.

The doctor concentrated, closed her eyes, held her arms open slightly, and tipped her fingers up. She began to lift off of the ground gently, hovering above the twins. She placed an odd sort of wrapping in and over the biggest wound. The vat on her back began to levitate and pull away from it's holder. She attached a tube to it, and stuck the other one in a vein. Instantly, the blood in the canister began to flow into Kobor's body and, with the aid of the organikinetic, color began to return to him as his body accepted the new blood. She held a hand over the wrapping. Kobor would feel a sort of heat and mild stinging as the wound was forced to heal, consuming the needed ingredients from the wrappings. Once the healing was done, the wrappings disintegrated. The doctor lowered herself to the ground.

"That should do it, Mr. Kobor. You will likely feel very tired soon. This is a natural reaction and should not concern you. That was a lot of damage for your body to regenerate so quickly." She turned to the rest of them. "I've heard of two more critically injured individuals. One named Tatiana, and the other is a patient named..." She pulled out a sort of phone-like data-pad. "Paul Phillips. I've heard he is the one who gave you your troubles. Where are they?"

Meanwhile, The Lycan was looking around for Tempest. "Also... does anyone know where Morgan went?"

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Ulrich spoke up when the doctor mentioned Tatiana, "She is, uh, actually she is doing fine. I do not know how she healed so quickly, but she met me out over the water to cart Mr. Phillips back quicker." He shrugged, "At least, she seemed fine to me." He winced as his hands brushed lightly against his pants, "You would not happen to have any burn gel, would you? I do not think you need to waste your powers on me."

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Tatiana moved towards the group of heroes and the newly appeared doctor, "Yup!" She said in response to Ulrich as she approached, "SOMEONE gave me a miraculous recovery. Though honestly I think this guy needs one more. If you guys can heal metal, then flesh must be child's play! So, uh, where ya want him?"

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:28 pm
Game Master

"I'm not sure where your translator is, Kol," Jenny remarked, aiding her friend in the search. "or even what it looks like..."

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:43 pm
Game Master

"Really? Hivemind said she had lost a leg!" She said at the news that Tatiana had been healed already. When Ulrich showed his burned hands, she said "I'm sorry... Ulrich, right? I only brought enough wrapping for the critically injured. Though burn cream... I think I have some in here somewhere." She rifled through a medical bag and pulled out some simple burn cream and put it on Ulrich's hands. "There. That should help until your medic gets here."

When Tatiana showed up carrying the mech pilot, the doctor saw that Ulrich was right. "That's incredible!" She moved to some more stable ground and laid down a sort of sterile mat. "Place him there, if you would." As she worked on him, she asked "I don't suppose you saw who healed you? What they looked like?"

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:56 am

CyberDragon Wrote:
The swarm droid made a sighing sound. "Rika... He isn't some lost puppy that decided to follow you home! He's a kid. There are procedures that need to be followed, or it could be considered kidnapping. He can stay with you for now, but as soon as we make our next pass by Celica, we need to see if he has family. If he truly is alone, I can see about making him a resident of the Beacon. Now..." He continued, changing the subject to the matter he needed to discuss with her in the first place. "We have wounded champions. Kolt has a severed tail, Talya and Kobor have sustained a serious head injury that, if it weren't for their unusual biology, would have killed them. I'm calling in our head doctor to take care of them. Tatiana has lost at least one limb, and the pilot no doubt has at least four bullet wounds from a high caliber rifle. We need our medic, now."

Rika nodded firmly, but there was disappointment in her eyes. "Right, Let's go then.." She said simply, gesturing for the bot to lead.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Back in the tent, Jaken 'popped out' and visited an ambulance to grab a pair of first aid kits before getting back to the tent the same way he'd left. Out of view of the human hunters with batons. "Ready," he said, still trying to keep away from the 'bug'.

Rika smiled lightly at the young foxboy. "Good, stay near me. We're going to see some more of the champions.." She said, pointing to the swarmbot. "..And Hivemind here is the leader."

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:01 am
Game Master

Jaken kept in tight with Rika as she headed down the beach. The humans with batons were still there and the floating metal bug was in front of them, leading the way like a firefly in the night. "Used to pack kits for father," jaken said by way of conversation. "back when he rode the wound wagon to work. Bef..." he cut himself off and his ears drooped slightly as he looked downwards at the sand.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:13 am

Tatiana laid the wounded pilot down for the doctor to loo over and treat, "Well, I thought it was one of you guys. All I really got was a bright figure, saying something along the lines of 'get healed and get out there'. They fixed me up good, don't know how you heal metal, but that's cool. But if they weren't with you, why would they heal me? I mean, saves me a bloated mechanic bill... gonna have to get my rifle fixed. Oh yeah, if you guys can keep an eye open for what's left of my rifle that would be nice. I'd rather to not be forced to replace my kinetic thingy."

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:12 pm
Game Master

Kolt looked like a kicked puppy when Anne said she couldn’t heal his tail. ”O-oh. I was hoping you’d be like this healer from my planet, Panacea, and could use the mass from my body fat to heal my tail.” He said, before giving a long, depressed sigh. Dang it, it’s going to take years to grow back to its proper length. Anyways, can you at least make sure it’s safe for whatever chemicals your planet uses to keep the pools clean? I’m think of going to that water park to try to cheer myself up. Assuming another giant robot doesn’t come out of nowhere and sear the rest of my tail off.”

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:04 pm

"I don't get tired." Kobor answered, sounding off. one of his limbs slipping out of the right arm and down to his jaw, massaging the side of his beak as he clicked it open and closed. not speaking up again until an arc from a damaged component 'accidentaly' shocked him. "Thanks though..."

Another thing to note, the canon might not be able to fire right now as it's barrels aren't spun up, but he's keeping it trained on the unconscious mech pilot regardless, and he hasn't actually closed the safety cover down over the trigger...

Someone's clearly not keen on taking any chances.

The blue veins around the shark's eyes and mouth have receded, and it's gone entirely limp, periodically twitching as if muscles are reflexively contracting. after a few seconds the blue color returns but this time in the eye itself, as if whatever's creating that color is filling it.

"ooh... stage two already... well I suppose you did swallow a lot." Talya mutters, sounding slightly concerned, "Um, I don't suppose one of you knows a place I could take this little guy, away from any civilians or cameras, about now-ish?"

Characters

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:40 pm
Game Master

After a moment, Jenny sat back and called in to Hivemind. "Hey, boss," she said, "I know you're kinda pushed but, when you got a minue? Kols' translator's with the fishes. Figure we need a new one?"

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Kol's attention snaps from her search to jenny at the word translator. apparently she recognizes that one even without it.

Characters

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:06 pm
Game Master

"The chemicals in the pool should be harmless for you. Though I would avoid waterslides, and I'd also take some of this burn cream and apply it to your tail." She turned to the others. "Either of you two know someone by that description?" The doctor asked Gear and The Lycan about the mysterious healer. They looked at each other knowingly.

"Gear, you can explain. I'm going to help Talya." The Lycan walked over to the twins. "I can hide you. Though I'd like to know what it is I'm hiding."

"The last attack against the creature. When yer medic threw that capsule at it, it turned into a big bolt a' light mid-flight. Not only that, but it terrified the demon of hate. I could tell by it's tone afterwards, it was afraid. Tha' kind of light-based attack was The Dragon Knight's signature. Odium seemed to think he was in the area afterwards at least. I think... I feel like ya' saw The Dragon Knight." Gear explained to Tatiana. "Ya sure ya didn' see anythin' else?"

At that point, Hivemind and the others arrived at the beach. "Ah, Hivemind... I suppose you heard me?"
"I heard, and I saw. I know what it means. I am more excited than any of you over the news, but I have too much going on to express it. Doctor, I trust you are handling the more serious injuries?"

"I have treated Mr. Kobor's injuries and I am currently working on Mr. Phillips, but his injuries are bad. This... flesh-like stuff holding his arms on. It's poisoning him slowly. I need to remove it, but that means amputation, which I can't do on a sandy beach. It seems someone else healed Tatiana, so if you don't mind, I would like to take him back to the Capitol District Hospital."

"Again, so I've heard. It sounds like you've met my brother, Tatiana. And I will open a portal for you, Doctor." He did so, and the Doctor took the pilot through. The portal closed again. "Now, Rika, It looks like there are a few injuries that still could use healing. And has anyone seen Jenny, Kol, or Morgan?" The swarm-bot asked. "And stick around for a bit, Kolt. I don't want anyone leaving until everyone is accounted for."

At that point, he received Jenny's call. "What? Oh, no. There should be one in her helmet... which of course was on the ship... I don't have a spare, but Tempest should be able to find and retrieve her old translator pretty quickly. Do you know where she is?"

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:35 pm

"Short version, the shark under my arm is infected with a mutogenic neuro-pathogen. it's stage two right now, meaning any moment it's going to start growing and changing, and I don't want the reporters that are coming this way to see that." talya explains, still keeping her broadcast volume low. "you want more details, ask hivemind, because I'm not explaining everything he insisted on knowing the long way. it would take a literal week."

Characters

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:49 pm
Game Master

"Haven't seen her, boss," Jenny continued.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken, arriving behind the Hivebot, looked around and wondered what he was doing here amongst these tall people. Big, think built, humans and aliens and... was that a Celican? He shrank back for a moment before something told him it wasn't. Something was different and something had shot its' tail in two. Ow. Instinctively, he checked to make sure his own was still there and gave it a shake. Yup, still nice and bouncy. Then he heard the Bot thing say a name he'd heard before. "Um, Mr Chief Police and me carried a Miss Tempest to the medical bay? He said she was a water... user? No..." He thought for the right word. "Contrrrroller?" It almost sounded like a growl in the middle.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:52 pm
Game Master

"I understand why you wouldn't want anyone seeing that..." The Lycan said. "All right, follow me this way." He led the twins into the patch of trees where he had hidden Gear from the Mech, and where they disappeared from sight. "This is as good a place as we are going to get with all of those reporters out there." The Lycan said when they got to a clearing. And, in many ways it was. The trees blocked all sight to any of the nearby paths. In order for someone to find them, they would either need to be in the ocean looking at them with a telescope, or they would have to deliberately leave the path and find there way through the dense patch of trees to the clearing for no reason.

--------------------------

"Brilliant. Just perfect. All right then, Rika. It sounds like Morgan is probably going to need your help the most at the moment. If you could go with Jaken and help Tempest. Once she is back on her feet, please bring her back here, alright?" The swarm droid said, the voice behind the bug-like robot clearly exhausted. "Jenny, what is your location?" He said on her communicator.

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:21 pm
Game Master

"I'm in the medical centre with Kol," Jenny repied. "I figure I can at least answer a few questions for her if needed. I take it you'll want a debrief at some point?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken managed to take his attention off his own tail when he heard Mr. Bug say that they needed to go to the medical centre. He nodded to Kolt for no real reason and pulled open a hole in space to the centre of the medical unit. He was the last to hop through. The medics on the other side, most of whom had seen this by now, kept working.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:09 am

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken kept in tight with Rika as she headed down the beach. The humans with batons were still there and the floating metal bug was in front of them, leading the way like a firefly in the night. "Used to pack kits for father," jaken said by way of conversation. "back when he rode the wound wagon to work. Bef..." he cut himself off and his ears drooped slightly as he looked downwards at the sand.

"Before? Before what?" Rika asked, looking to Jaken with concern.

CyberDragon Wrote:
"The last attack against the creature. When yer medic threw that capsule at it, it turned into a big bolt a' light mid-flight. Not only that, but it terrified the demon of hate. I could tell by it's tone afterwards, it was afraid. Tha' kind of light-based attack was The Dragon Knight's signature. Odium seemed to think he was in the area afterwards at least. I think... I feel like ya' saw The Dragon Knight." Gear explained to Tatiana. "Ya sure ya didn' see anythin' else?"

At that point, Hivemind and the others arrived at the beach. "Ah, Hivemind... I suppose you heard me?"
"I heard, and I saw. I know what it means. I am more excited than any of you over the news, but I have too much going on to express it. Doctor, I trust you are handling the more serious injuries?"

"I have treated Mr. Kobor's injuries and I am currently working on Mr. Phillips, but his injuries are bad. This... flesh-like stuff holding his arms on. It's poisoning him slowly. I need to remove it, but that means amputation, which I can't do on a sandy beach. It seems someone else healed Tatiana, so if you don't mind, I would like to take him back to the Capitol District Hospital."

"Again, so I've heard. It sounds like you've met my brother, Tatiana. And I will open a portal for you, Doctor." He did so, and the Doctor took the pilot through. The portal closed again. "Now, Rika, It looks like there are a few injuries that still could use healing. And has anyone seen Jenny, Kol, or Morgan?" The swarm-bot asked.

"Understood. Anyone need a look-over?" Rika asked the group, unzipping her belt-bag.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken, arriving behind the Hivebot, looked around and wondered what he was doing here amongst these tall people. Big, think built, humans and aliens and... was that a Celican? He shrank back for a moment before something told him it wasn't. Something was different and something had shot its' tail in two. Ow. Instinctively, he checked to make sure his own was still there and gave it a shake. Yup, still nice and bouncy. Then he heard the Bot thing say a name he'd heard before. "Um, Mr Chief Police and me carried a Miss Tempest to the medical bay? He said she was a water... user? No..." He thought for the right word. "Contrrrroller?" It almost sounded like a growl in the middle.
CyberDragon Wrote:
"Brilliant. Just perfect. All right then, Rika. It sounds like Morgan is probably going to need your help the most at the moment. If you could go with Jaken and help Tempest. Once she is back on her feet, please bring her back here, alright?" The swarm droid said, the voice behind the bug-like robot clearly exhausted. "Jenny, what is your location?" He said on her communicator.

"On it, Hive." Rika said simply. "Jaken?"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken managed to take his attention off his own tail when he heard Mr. Bug say that they needed to go to the medical centre. He nodded to Kolt for no real reason and pulled open a hole in space to the centre of the medical unit. He was the last to hop through. The medics on the other side, most of whom had seen this by now, kept working.

Right after Rika stepped through the portal, she asked one of the medics where Tempest was, giving a short description if they didn't know the name. "Ah.. Yeah, I think they're getting prepped for surgery in the next tent, through there.." They replied, tilting their head in the general direction of one the exits. "Thank you!" Rika said before heading for the exit and the next tent thereafter.

As she entered the tent, she saw Morgan on a gurney in the center of the tent. She looked semi-concious. "Tempest!" Rika called out, running over to her whilst putting on latex gloves from her belt-bag. "Morgan, it's Rika! Can you tell me your injuries? Where does it hurt?" She asked, carefully checking her over.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:24 am
Game Master

Tempest coughed hard and yelped in pain. "nng... everywhere..." She tried to get up. "I'm... fine..."

"Ma'am, you have internal bleeding, three ruptured organs, and five broken ribs. Please lay down so we can start."

"I said... I'm fine..."

"Holding your own spleen together with your power does not make you 'fine.'"

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:14 am

Rika kept Tempest down on the gurney. "Come on Morgan, Let me take care of you.. I'm not taking you to the others in this state, what would Randy think, eh?" She said, trying to calm her. "Just take a pill and the pain is gone, you know the drill by now.. Let me get it." Whilst keeping a hand on Morgan's shoulder, Rika takes a green pod from her backpack, almost her last one, and puts it on Tempest's lap. With both hands she opens the pod and takes out a small pack of pills. "These are fresh, made them last night. More potent." She states as she opens the packet and takes one out. "Here you go.." She holds her hand out flat, the pill in her palm.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:51 am
Game Master

Jaken watched the attempt at pill magic with interest. Dad had always cut people up to put them back together again but it seemed Miss Doctor Rika could do the same with a little pilly thing. It was like the magic things he'd seen. It was like the magic thing he could do, in fact. Not to be explained easily. It might have had something to do with running through his fathers lab and knocking things over, he thought. Perhaps that was why he could do this thing to space? But he'd long since stopped really wondering how. He was just used to doing it to help him in running.

He watched over Rika, making sure those humans no-one seemed to like - reeporturs? Making sure they did not come close.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:10 am

Ulrich thanked the doctor before she left before looking down at Kolt, "So when are we going to the water park? I think most of us could use some sort of break after that."

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:39 am
Game Master

Tempest took the pill and swallowed it with some water. Immediately, she began to feel considerably better. She could tell the bleeding had stopped and her damaged organs were restored. She could feel her bones, which she was manipulating the surrounding tissue to act as a cast keeping the parts together, healed rapidly. "Oh, that's SO much better." She stood up, making the medic worried. "Everything still hurts, but I'll be fine with a little rest. We should get back to the others." She picked up her helmet and equipment. "Lead on. Oh, and... thanks for the help earlier." She mentioned to Jaken.

-----------------------------

"Not until everyone has regrouped, Ulrich. Jenny, is Kol well enough to regroup with us on the beach?" Hivemind said, sounding somewhat impatient, eyeing some reporters that seemed to be getting a little close.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Ulrich noticed the reporters too and made a move to go deal with him. He stood in front of them, drawing himself to his full height, "Please leave the area, we are attending to official business." He paused for a second, gauging their reactions before continuing, "If you do not wish to comply then I will take matters into my own hands." He slipped his hands back into the gauntlets, ignoring the burning pain as they slid over the raw skin. A blue wall appeared in front of the reporters, "I am glad you were able to see it my way." He stepped back and gestured to an area away from the group before turning around and walking back over to the group, the wall he created following him and turning opaque in the process. Once he was back at the group it grew until it was much like a dome, blocking sight and sound around the group. It wouldn't be inaccessible though as the computer used to control the constructs would be able to recognize his allies and allow them to enter and exit at will.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 28  Next