• Advertisement

Reply to topic  [ 3486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 4006
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Denver huffed, "I've already got an admirer. What kind of dog would I be if I didn't go out on that date I promised?"

"Exactly," Collins said, draping an arm over the dogs shoulders. "But I don't think Eira was being serious this time around."

------

Colorado answered the "phone call" that had been patched through to his mind, "I feel ya, standing about in this shuttle with a bunch of idiots-," he glanced at the group, sticking his tongue out playfully, "-has me feeling a bit homesick. I'm itchin' to get home and maybe to bed."

------

Ulrich waited until the last of them had been moved onto the platform before slowly accelerating it upwards towards the surface.

------

"I have the strangest feeling we're not going to get to properly and appropriately apply force to establish anything here. It'll probably be controlled by Hive until he finds people who can actually run a planet somewhere other than into an unwinnable war."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:26 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13408
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
This was the last thing the brothers had expected and they stare among themselves in wonder for a few moments before noticing their loved ones. They glance at each other and then as one sprint up the hill towards their family. A tearful reunion ensues with a group hug followed by hugs all around, half a dozen tails whipping up the dust.
"Mah beautiful, brave boys!" exclaims Lady Lamont eventually, holding the two at arm's length.
"Let me look at ye! Ugly as ever, Ah see. Ye really dae tak' after yer father's side o' th' family." she comments, causing much laughter as she pulls them into another hug.
"Aye, lucky fer Aggie she took after ye, Ma!" Cailean laughs.
"Aye, Ah'd hae died long ago if'n Ah looked anythin' like youse tae!" the youngest collie quips. This comment turns the boys serious again.
"Did... Dae ye ken what happened? Did it hurt?" Conall signs.
"Nae, we didnae feel a thing. One moment we were steppin' in th' door o' th' hoose*, th' next we were steppin' in th' gate o' heaven." the old Laird rumbles in his doggie baritone, pulling from his mouth the pipe he had loved to chew but had never smoked.
"An' aye, we ken exactly what happened an' what lead up tae it. Ye were very brave, youse tae. Ye made th' right choice. An' we are sae prood* o' ye."
The boys' relief at this comment is palpable and more tearful hugs soon follow.

*hoose = house
prood = proud

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3513
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Quint stood towards the back of the group as the others talked with the weird guy who just showed up. He hoped Kolt got better soon, he really didn’t want to have to handle socializing with the strange speedster that talked like he had to teach himself how to speak. Which might actually be the case if he came from a lab like he said. Would certainly explain some of his wording choices, like calling himself a “wandering type of person” as opposed to just saying “wanderer.”
-
Liz felt an equal measure of relief and annoyance. ”He did, though he neglected to mention that it could function as a credit card.” She said, handing the card over to the waiter.
-
”Personally I’d argue that our memories are as much a part of who we are as the things we learn from them, but that’s just me. Lewis said to June, occasionally glancing over at his mother to see how she was doing. ”Let’s change the subject to something less philosophical. Are there any tv shows you’re interested in?”

_________________
A weapon to surpass Kingdom Hearts.
-
I’m thinking I might just make “snick-snack diddly-dack” my new catchphrase.


Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:56 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4700
Images: 3
Location: Deep Space
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Yes." June nods enthusiastically. followed by not clarifying in the slightest which shows. "They're lots of fun."

- - - - - -

Kobor is waiting there, in control of predator's body, when ulrich arrives at the surface with the captives and the (first few?) members of the team.

"Things went smoothly I take it?" he asks, trying to remember how to activate predator's digitizer in 'passenger' mode.

_________________
Image

Characters


Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 4006
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The platform slowed to a stop as it came to the surface. Ulrich stepped off and turned to face Kobor/Predator, "You could say that. About as smooth as the rest of today has seemed to go. A firefight, some genetically engineered mutants, non-compliant guards, a lackluster CEO trying to act like a bad guy but failing. The usual, you know?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Posts: 408
Location: Camp Half-Blood
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Gyvui Jelki Hyffapul Fryda- I mean, you guys gonna just stand there?" He said, correcting himself from Zevian to English

_________________
Rp characters
Hello there forum persons
It is I, Hawk C. Williams, writer of at least six Housepets! fanfictions.
Image


Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 10515
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Nah, we're headed up," Jenny remarked before turning away. "Hey, Quint, wanna give a girl a lift?"
----------------
Hannabelle, having decided to accept Gear's offer, waited on him quietly.

_________________
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:32 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4700
Images: 3
Location: Deep Space
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"So he didn't put up much of a fight then." kobor comments, nodding, before opening predator's maw and beginning download of the captives and evacuees, starting with the most mobile to avoid runners.

the captives would find themselves materializing stripped of all gear and dressed in civilian clothes in a virtual waiting room designed to look like a certain beach resort kobor crashed into a few days ago, and completely cut off from both the outside world and predator's virtual control room.

evacuating champions among the group meanwhile, would find themselves back on predator's 'bridge' where kobor is at the helm, unless they backed away from the captives when the downloading started.

except ulrich, he's not being downloaded, so he can go back down for the rest.

- - - - -

while the others chat and wait for ways up, talya's drone can be seen marching over to the other one with the fried remote interface, biting it's tail, and dragging it back to the elevator. no point in leaving it here to be salvaged and potentially reverse engineered by third parties.

_________________
Image

Characters


Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:26 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2885
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
SeanWolf Wrote:
Hawk leaned back in the chair as he listened to this bot speak poetic to him, his head still throbbing from the stunt earlier, though not as bad. The mentioning of jail brought back memories of his time in the prison mines after a false accusation...started the infamous riots there and managed to get out as, luck would have it, there was a high-priced bounty there just ripe for the picking. But he was young then and, nowadays, the thought of jail just seemed boring him. Reaching into and pulling out a small bag of a snack mix he bought (as he was needing something for later), he pops it open while remarking "You know, you keep throwing around that word to describe my actions...'brutality'. If you really knew my reputation, then you would know I'm only brutal if the need calls for it," he munches on a few peanuts from the bag while continuing, "But, as I said, you have my word I won't be too violent..." He then places the bag on the table briefly and, while placing a steel claw over his chest, quips "Prin sângele care curge în corpul nostru și cu oțelul care îmbrățișează carnea noastră, ne vom onora acordul cu tine până când doamna Lunii ne cheamă" before picking the bag back up and continuing with the eating as his arm goes back to normal.

*Translation - By the blood flowing through our body and the steel that embraces our flesh, we will honor your agreement with you until the Lady of the Moon calls us.


"Of course you're only brutal if you feel the need calls for it. That goes with most brutal people, whether they're a thug on the streets or a genocidal maniac." Hivemind criticized. "The problem is that the need doesn't call for it. They feel it does, but the people they're brutal to I think would beg to disagree." Hivemind seemed to relax his tone when the two made their vow, but it seemed he was almost determined to express his lack of trust. So much so, he pretty much outright stated it."I appreciate the oath, but I can't simply trust you will keep to it until I have verified that you are capable of following these rules when everything hits the fan and tensions and emotions are high. That being said..." he emphasized the last bit. "You have the physical ability. While I cannot trust you outright given your history, neither do I believe you are lying. You have given me no reason to believe you speak anything other than the truth. This tells me you have the will and the honest desire to become a champion, and so you will be allowed to join. At least to test the waters and see how things go. You will be put through training, and you will be paired with at least one veteran Champion. You are to follow the veteran's orders. They will not only keep you safe from overwhelming threats and keep any mistakes you make while learning from having dire consequences, they will help you where you need it and basically be your best friend."

Once again, Hivemind leaned in closer, his tone turning serious again. "They are also not to be underestimated. You will find them friendly and willing to help. You will find them willing to answer any questions you have and provide help where needed. Neither you, nor your friend, should mistake this for weakness. They are powerful enough that they don't need to outwardly project it. I've seen Tempest throw a planet with her mind. The Lycan turned the avatar of courage into a cowering wreck. Titan just atomized a city-eating avatar of greed with a single punch. Gear can see every move you make before you think to make it. Whomever you get put with, it is safe to assume challenging their authority or assuming they will go easy on you if you break the rules will not end well for you."

Hivemind leaned back again, looking more relaxed. "Now that that is clear, I can stop being so grave about things. I don't like being too serious. Normally I'm pretty easygoing. These rules, however, are of absolute importance, and are sometimes the only thing that distinguishes us from the villains we fight. I don't actually get like this often, but understanding these rules means the difference between life and death for a lot of people."

----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Now Hannabelle was somewhat amused. "Ooh," she said playfully, "you think I'm that easy to pick up, eh?"


"Well," Gear said, grinning. "I've done it a couple of times now, so yeah!" He said jokingly, realizing that wasn't what she meant. Probably.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle, having decided to accept Gear's offer, waited on him quietly.


With Hannabelle waiting for him, Gear walked over to her. He picked her up in a bridal carry again before stepping into the elevator shaft. He looked up, taking aim with his jumps, and launched into the air using mobility/jump boosters to climb up two full stories per jump. He couldn't jump the entire way, especially not while carrying another person, so he would jump off of the walls to get more air until the two emerged from the top and landed with ease on the floor of the ruined building.

Just in time to see the Predator drone download the scientists.

(note: It occurs to me that this is the first time Hannabelle is actually seeing the Predator drone. It was cloaked most of the time at the resort, and she left before it showed up to fight the Warlord.)

----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Um," the No... the real Jaken said, wondering about the difference in lighting. He blinked a couple of times to clear his vision. "yup. Um, yup." He grinned as his stomach protested. "Quick way to travel ten thousand miles, that, isn't it?" The grin dipped. "Is Miss Rika OK?"


"Yeah, Miss Rika's fine. She's surrounded by people who are going to keep her safe. Have a little faith in the Champions, Jaken. Keeping people safe is our job." Hivemind said. "Now. You must be hungry. Should we get you something to eat?"

----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<I would, of course, need to confirm with our intelligence services that we have him,>> the Commander smirked, <<but I should imagine they won't mind you talking to him. If we have him, of course,>> he added, almost as an afterthought.


"I know you have him, Commander. If you need the permission to tell me where he is, or if you need time to set up a meeting, it doesn't matter. What does matter is his life is in danger. I can confirm powerful people we are fighting against want him dead." Hivemind said.

----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah indicated the pair as they conversed. "Tak' it they's talkin' ta this Digital fella now, then," she asked the Hivebot. "An' no, I got nothin' I wanna 'ear from the dead." She shrugged.


Hivemind looked at the brothers sitting on the bench. He could see the joyful tears roll down from their eyes and the happy smiles on their faces. "Judging by their expressions, they're probably talking to their families." He turned back to Sarah. "You sure about that? Nobody you care about died? Or are you unsure of what they would say?" Hivemind asked.

----------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Denver huffed, "I've already got an admirer. What kind of dog would I be if I didn't go out on that date I promised?"

"Exactly," Collins said, draping an arm over the dogs shoulders. "But I don't think Eira was being serious this time around."


"I didn't know, and I wasn't." Eira shrugged as the ship blasted off on a direct route to the Beacon.

----------------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
This was the last thing the brothers had expected and they stare among themselves in wonder for a few moments before noticing their loved ones. They glance at each other and then as one sprint up the hill towards their family. A tearful reunion ensues with a group hug followed by hugs all around, half a dozen tails whipping up the dust.
"Mah beautiful, brave boys!" exclaims Lady Lamont eventually, holding the two at arm's length.
"Let me look at ye! Ugly as ever, Ah see. Ye really dae tak' after yer father's side o' th' family." she comments, causing much laughter as she pulls them into another hug.
"Aye, lucky fer Aggie she took after ye, Ma!" Cailean laughs.
"Aye, Ah'd hae died long ago if'n Ah looked anythin' like youse tae!" the youngest collie quips. This comment turns the boys serious again.
"Did... Dae ye ken what happened? Did it hurt?" Conall signs.
"Nae, we didnae feel a thing. One moment we were steppin' in th' door o' th' hoose*, th' next we were steppin' in th' gate o' heaven." the old Laird rumbles in his doggie baritone, pulling from his mouth the pipe he had loved to chew but had never smoked.
"An' aye, we ken exactly what happened an' what lead up tae it. Ye were very brave, youse tae. Ye made th' right choice. An' we are sae prood* o' ye."
The boys' relief at this comment is palpable and more tearful hugs soon follow.

*hoose = house
prood = proud


The brothers (or at least Cailean) might hear someone else there, in the form of the sound of shoes walking through the grass. It was distant as they talked to their family, but got closer. It paused for a moment while the brothers got their family's reassurance that they were not to blame, and then continued when the tearful hugs did. Pretty soon, the sound of footsteps was right by them.

The man behind them was an elderly human. He wore a long cloak that covered most of his body, and a hood over the top of his head. He had a glowing smile and a long santa beard that gave him the joyful and jolly appearance of a loving grandfather. There was so much love and joy in his expression, it was easy to look past the cloak and the bandages over his eyes. In one hand, the man held an ornamental cane, and in the other hand, he held up a delicious looking Apple Frushie.

The man beamed at the family. "Hello, everyone." His voice was happy, warm, and pleasant. Most of all, however, was the fact that even Conall, somehow, some way, was able to hear and understand him with his own ears. "I hope I'm not interrupting. I thought I would stop by today. I brought an apple frushie!" He turned to the brothers. "And you must be Cailean and Conall!" the old man said, once again in his strange but friendly voice that Conall could understand. "It is truly my pleasure to meet you! Your family has told me about the both of you. Would you like some Frushie?" he asked, holding up the pie.

----------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz felt an equal measure of relief and annoyance. ”He did, though he neglected to mention that it could function as a credit card.” She said, handing the card over to the waiter.


"Doesn't sound like him, to be honest ma'am." he said, taking the card. "He does tend to dump a lot of information on people at once though. Maybe that bit just got lost among all the other things he said?" he suggested, inserting the card in the card reader. The machine beeped once the transaction had processed, and he handed the card back to Liz. "Thank you for choosing us and... I am sorry for how I acted around your friend. I've never seen a Varanian before, and only know them by reputation..."

----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny slung her gun back over her shoulder as Hivemind spoke to the little whatever-it-was and tried to look non-threatening, despite keeping a hand close to one of her pistols. She'd been about to mention that it was legal procedure that no-one searched alone as it could lead to 'tainted' evidence being thrown out in court but, then again, she doubted Hive really cared that much and he probably recorded his own searches anyhow.

Hawkfang42 Wrote:
Nat took a deep breath, "I am kind of a wandering type of person, going from place to place based on the circumstances, after coming from a space station in which I was turned into a chimaera and getting my superpowers, because it blew up, I ended up traveling from station to underground base to station to underground base to, well, you get the idea, and then I ended up here, 'Chimaera Heck' as I like to call it. so you guys are superheroes? I guess that is why you didn't freak out from me being a chimaera, or the superpowers; and one last thing, can you not blast sonar cannons, or whatever caused the loud noise, and finally, can you please explain what you are doing here"


"Well..." Hivemind said, mostly to himself. "You certainly talk like a speedster..." He focused on Nat's questions and answered them. "Yes, we are superheroes. We've seen a lot stranger things today than you. We don't tend to freak out at unusual things. We won't blast sonic cannons anymore, now that the person we were here to capture has been captured, and we are here to capture a man who might be involved in the invasion that just happened recently. I don't know how long you've been down here, so I don't know if you know about it. Anyway, we should rejoin the others on the surface. As long as you aren't hostile and don't try anything, you can come with us."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well," Jenny said, offering a handpaw, "in no particular order, we ARE heroes, we can't tell you what we're doing here but, so long as you ARE friendly, we won't shoot at you any more, OK?"


"The fact that we are here to arrest someone is no longer classified now that we've arrested them. Who they are will remain classified for now." Hivemind stated. "Now, let's get going."

Deske Wrote:
"I have the strangest feeling we're not going to get to properly and appropriately apply force to establish anything here. It'll probably be controlled by Hive until he finds people who can actually run a planet somewhere other than into an unwinnable war."


MT mentally sighed. "You are probably right. However, it won't hurt to ask when we're up top." He turned to the rest of the group. "Chris and I need to go through the freight elevator. Does anyone need a lift?"

Legotron123 Wrote:
Quint stood towards the back of the group as the others talked with the weird guy who just showed up. He hoped Kolt got better soon, he really didn’t want to have to handle socializing with the strange speedster that talked like he had to teach himself how to speak. Which might actually be the case if he came from a lab like he said. Would certainly explain some of his wording choices, like calling himself a “wandering type of person” as opposed to just saying “wanderer.”


"Quint, I would like to speak with you in private once we are on the surface." Hivemind said. "How many can you carry when Kolt is out of commission?"

----------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
The platform slowed to a stop as it came to the surface. Ulrich stepped off and turned to face Kobor/Predator, "You could say that. About as smooth as the rest of today has seemed to go. A firefight, some genetically engineered mutants, non-compliant guards, a lackluster CEO trying to act like a bad guy but failing. The usual, you know?"


"So an average weekday for the Champions?" the Predator drone joked while he showed Kobor how to use the digitizer for larger groups.

Buster Wrote:
"So he didn't put up much of a fight then." kobor comments, nodding, before opening predator's maw and beginning download of the captives and evacuees, starting with the most mobile to avoid runners.

the captives would find themselves materializing stripped of all gear and dressed in civilian clothes in a virtual waiting room designed to look like a certain beach resort kobor crashed into a few days ago, and completely cut off from both the outside world and predator's virtual control room.

evacuating champions among the group meanwhile, would find themselves back on predator's 'bridge' where kobor is at the helm, unless they backed away from the captives when the downloading started.

except ulrich, he's not being downloaded, so he can go back down for the rest.


When the last captive was downloaded, the digitizer emitted a small electric pulse, and a couple sparks flew from the drone's "mouth". "excuse me."

----------------------------------

(For Welsh and Rook)

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Can we see SteelHaven street from here," Keeva asked, smiling despite herself as she was pretty sure the answer was almost certainly 'no' but you never knew with this place...


"Not from this side of the museum, but I believe you can see it after the train goes through the seventh floor of the aquarium." Hivemind said, as if there was nothing odd about a train being elevated seven stories in the air or about the fact that there was a greater than seven story aquarium that the train actually went through.

----------------------------------

(For Rook and Neon)

Before they headed out, Hivemind stuck his head in the room where Rika, Tatiana, and Traci were treating the injured heavy guards. "Are you almost done in here? We need to get going."

_________________
Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Posts: 956
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Understandable" Hawk replies, finishing his snack and pocketing the trash, before leaning back in the chair and asking "A couple final questions: When's training, what type of tasers are you armed with, like are they typical Nardila Tazer or the Type-49 X-Riot Variant? Same time, can I use my revolvers if the need arises? They're custom built and can use taser rounds, if you require."

_________________
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of HousepetZ: Survivors United the zombie survival RP!


Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 10515
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Hannabelle had to laugh as her stomach was left a few floors below on the trip up but that quieted down as they got to the top. "I'd say 'what the ***** is that'," she said, nodding to the Predator drone before licking her suddenly dry lips, "but, based on the fact no-one's sent us to fight that, I'd guess it's something to do with the fore mentioned 'Pred'? I hope." She watched as the last few went up and the sparks came from the drone. "Did he just burp?"
----------------------
"Oh, I... I trust them," Jaken said, 99% meaning it, "but... but I'd still, um, rather keep her safe, um, myself? And food is good, thank you," he added, changing the subject from protecting mothers believably. "Uh, rare steak," he added hopefully.
----------------------
<<I can, of course, assure you,>> the Commander replied over the link, <<that the safety of public individuals is uppermost in our actions. There are several rings that can be - and, in the past, have been - placed around any endangered individual, should we have them. Which you know, for protocols' sake, I can neither confirm nor deny?>>
The microphone muted for a few seconds as Sana spoke. "If he confirms a secret to you, boss, his bosses will think he can't be trusted with secrets. And the mic's back on." As she finished her line, she tapped a key to turn it back on.
-------------------
"Oh," Seena sighed lightly, "I do hear you about bed, Col. So," she added cheekily, "don't need much rest then? Tell me, love, from the faces around you, how jealous are you making yourself? Scale of 1 - 10?"
------------------
Sarah looked at Hive with something that could pass for hostility in her eye for a few seconds before it passed. "In protectin', I've had ta send a few on. Got no need t' hear from them. Family? Them that's gone we said enough, good or bad, durin' th' livin', that I don' need t' talk t' know what they'd be sayin' like? That jus' leaves them I don't know is dead. An' I have no int'rest in findin' out."
-----------------
"How long has it taken to build all this," Keeva asked, putting her artificial arm around Dan's waist.

_________________
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:03 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3513
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Quint thought for a moment as he considered Hivemind’s question. ”I would say the equivalent of two Jenny’s, three if they hold on tight.” He said after a minute. ”Unfortunately Kolt’s body is not as strong as his forcefields.”
-
”That is also rather possible, given all that we talked with him about yesterday.” Liz said as she took the card back. ”And don’t worry, he’s not upset. He’s mostly been focused on enjoying his meal.”
-
Lewis waited for a moment before realizing June didn’t intend to elaborate on what she said. ”Would you mind telling me about some of them? I’m curious if we happen to have any shared interests.”

_________________
A weapon to surpass Kingdom Hearts.
-
I’m thinking I might just make “snick-snack diddly-dack” my new catchphrase.


Last edited by Legotron123 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:15 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4700
Images: 3
Location: Deep Space
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
june launches into an explanation of random nicknacks related to the 'show' that quickly reveals that her understanding of "tv shows" apparently consists of having spent two hours watching infomercials while everyone else slept, some time during the last few days.

_________________
Image

Characters


Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 4006
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich chuckled, "Not really. It was over pretty quickly. I guess it is pretty hard to fight when you can't hear, see straight or have a working piece of equipment. I would not say average weekday, maybe a bit above average with the big world eater from earlier."

------

"True, being planet-side security could be fun. Gotta think of what the populace would think of us though. Public image is pretty big when it comes to being a superhero."

------

"Denver's got his own to see, so that's a solid 0 from him. The rest of them just kinda ignore it, probably a 5 or 6 I'd guess."

"Nobody here is jealous of you."
"I mean maybe a little."
"No you're not."

Denver turned to look at Colorado, "Hey can you tell Seena, to tell Sana that I asked if we were still on for the night?"

"Didja catch that," Colorado asked as he relayed Denver's request.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Posts: 408
Location: Camp Half-Blood
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"So, we're going up now, right?" he says after running to the shaft, wings ready to fly up.

_________________
Rp characters
Hello there forum persons
It is I, Hawk C. Williams, writer of at least six Housepets! fanfictions.
Image


Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13408
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Cailean translates for Conall by habit, not realising the magic the newcomer is using. Conall tilts his head doggishly when he's not watching the signing paws, intrigued by the newcomer.

"Boys, this is Mr. C. He's nice. I like him." Aggie says, also signing it purely from habit although she undoubtedly knows of his magic.
"Youse should try his frushie. It's th' best!" the young dog enthuses before noticing her mum's raised eyebrow.
"Er, second best." she corrects herself, causing the boys to chuckle.
"Aye, thank ye." Cailean answers for both of them.
"It's nice tae meet ye, Mr. C. I'll just gae grab some plates an' cutlery fer the frushie." he says, starting to head for the house.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 10515
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
Quint thought for a moment as he considered Hivemind’s question. ”I would say the equivalent of two Jenny’s, three if they hold on tight.” He said after a minute. ”Unfortunately Kolt’s body is not as strong as his forcefields.”

"Well," Jenny said, putting an arm around Quint's back and holding on, "I promise never to weigh more than one me."
-------------------
Seena frowned slightly. "Yeah," she said, "I did. Not quite sure HOW as I'm a connection directly to your head but..? Meh. Powers. Anyhow, tell him she's not here but I DO know she bought some cans of drink that seem to be for the Canine market rather than the locals." She picked up a can with a happy looking Canid face on it, chugging the contents. "Can't read the Canine script. Provided it IS Canine script. Probably has added Marrowbone or something." She shrugged. "Anyhow, that should give him his answer, yeah?"

_________________
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 4006
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Oh yeah, so we can all hear each other inside our own heads. Makes for really quick communication. A lot of the time, if one of us is talking to another, we say things both out loud and in our heads. Thoughts also tend to spread out if we're not actively trying to keep it quiet. You're probably hearing his thoughts in my head."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1169
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Can we see SteelHaven street from here," Keeva asked, smiling despite herself as she was pretty sure the answer was almost certainly 'no' but you never knew with this place...


"Not from this side of the museum, but I believe you can see it after the train goes through the seventh floor of the aquarium." Hivemind said, as if there was nothing odd about a train being elevated seven stories in the air or about the fact that there was a greater than seven story aquarium that the train actually went through.

Dan holds a paw up as if to ask a question, then gives up before he even starts, pinching the bridge of his muzzle and sighing. He mumbles something close to "Oh dog, this universe.."

-----

CyberDragon Wrote:
Before they headed out, Hivemind stuck his head in the room where Rika, Tatiana, and Traci were treating the injured heavy guards. "Are you almost done in here? We need to get going."

"Yeah, she's almost done. That one is taking a little while, is all.." Traci replies, gesturing over to Rika who was working on the burned heavy soldier. The other soldier was leaning against the wall near her, both are out of their armour. "..I think he got burned or something. Rika said it's kinda bad." Traci adds, shrugging.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:23 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2885
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
SeanWolf Wrote:
"Understandable" Hawk replies, finishing his snack and pocketing the trash, before leaning back in the chair and asking "A couple final questions: When's training, what type of tasers are you armed with, like are they typical Nardila Tazer or the Type-49 X-Riot Variant? Same time, can I use my revolvers if the need arises? They're custom built and can use taser rounds, if you require."


"We don't have a specific type of tazer we use. Different biology responds to different methods of incapacitation." Hivemind responded. "Different droids will have different forms of tazers and weaponry. This particular one has a bio-disrupter pistol. You may use your revolver with the taser rounds on assignments, but it must remain on your ship. It cannot be carried within the interior of the ship until you are a full champion. Until then, while you are on the ship, you will be equipped with Champion grade equipment if you choose to have anything at all."

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle had to laugh as her stomach was left a few floors below on the trip up but that quieted down as they got to the top. "I'd say 'what the ***** is that'," she said, nodding to the Predator drone before licking her suddenly dry lips, "but, based on the fact no-one's sent us to fight that, I'd guess it's something to do with the fore mentioned 'Pred'? I hope." She watched as the last few went up and the sparks came from the drone. "Did he just burp?"


"It was a discharge of absorbed energy brought about by a large quantity of matter being downloaded at once." Predator replied. "So, I suppose it's close enough to call it a burp for simplicity's sake."

Gear set Hannabelle down on the ground, grinning at her laugh. "If Hivemind ain't got anythin' else for us tonight, might I take ya to dinner?" Gear asked. "Figure I owe ya fer the rough rides." He said he owed her, but he did look hopeful.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich chuckled, "Not really. It was over pretty quickly. I guess it is pretty hard to fight when you can't hear, see straight or have a working piece of equipment. I would not say average weekday, maybe a bit above average with the big world eater from earlier."


"Records indicate that in the span of four days, you have confronted three Omega-tier foes and defeated them." Predator said. "It seems to me the world-eating Warlord was something of an average foe by now. It appears a day that goes by without a planet in danger is the exception for your team."

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Oh, I... I trust them," Jaken said, 99% meaning it, "but... but I'd still, um, rather keep her safe, um, myself? And food is good, thank you," he added, changing the subject from protecting mothers believably. "Uh, rare steak," he added hopefully.


"Very well, rare steak it is!" Hivemind said, heading out the door. "I know a place. And if we move fast, we might even be able to catch June before she leaves."

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<I can, of course, assure you,>> the Commander replied over the link, <<that the safety of public individuals is uppermost in our actions. There are several rings that can be - and, in the past, have been - placed around any endangered individual, should we have them. Which you know, for protocols' sake, I can neither confirm nor deny?>>
The microphone muted for a few seconds as Sana spoke. "If he confirms a secret to you, boss, his bosses will think he can't be trusted with secrets. And the mic's back on." As she finished her line, she tapped a key to turn it back on.


"Right..." Hivemind sighed. "Alright then. Hypothetically speaking, if there was a hypothetical individual under your protection, in your custody, or otherwise with you whom you might not be at liberty to tell me about..." Hivemind started, picking his words carefully. "How long would it theoretically take to get a meeting with said hypothetical individual?"

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah looked at Hive with something that could pass for hostility in her eye for a few seconds before it passed. "In protectin', I've had ta send a few on. Got no need t' hear from them. Family? Them that's gone we said enough, good or bad, durin' th' livin', that I don' need t' talk t' know what they'd be sayin' like? That jus' leaves them I don't know is dead. An' I have no int'rest in findin' out."


"Easy, friend." Hivemind said, raising his hands. "It was just a question. Didn't mean anything by it."

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"How long has it taken to build all this," Keeva asked, putting her artificial arm around Dan's waist.


"Depends on what you mean." Hivemind said. "Construction and maintenance never fully stops, just like it never fully stops in a normal city. The ship took a few months to build. I had to rush it at first, but luckily I already had a few million bodies and a booming trade business, so I had a lot of hands and resources going in to building it."

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Dan holds a paw up as if to ask a question, then gives up before he even starts, pinching the bridge of his muzzle and sighing. He mumbles something close to "Oh dog, this universe.."


Hivemind chuckled at Dan's response to the absurdity of the Beacon and all of it's bizarre impossibilities. He was used to it, and it was always a little fun to see the confused looks people got when everything they know about reality gets challenged.

The train was approaching a rather tall skyscraper after increasing in altitude by a few stories. It was headed straight for the side of the building. Or rather, straight for a tunnel built into the side of the building that went all the way through it. The maglev entered the tunnel and pulled into a station inside of the massive museum. "I believe this is our stop!" Hivemind said, leading them out onto the platform.

--------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Quint thought for a moment as he considered Hivemind’s question. ”I would say the equivalent of two Jenny’s, three if they hold on tight.” He said after a minute. ”Unfortunately Kolt’s body is not as strong as his forcefields.”

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well," Jenny said, putting an arm around Quint's back and holding on, "I promise never to weigh more than one me."


"Right then. Recon, go with Quint and Jenny. Gadgeteer, you can go with MT. MT, I want you and Chris to take the remaining guards up when they're ready. Archangel, you wait for Traci and Rika. Tatiana can take Kol."

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
"Yeah, she's almost done. That one is taking a little while, is all.." Traci replies, gesturing over to Rika who was working on the burned heavy soldier. The other soldier was leaning against the wall near her, both are out of their armour. "..I think he got burned or something. Rika said it's kinda bad." Traci adds, shrugging.


"He got shot with his partner's gun." Gadgeteer explained, having heard Traci. "Burned him pretty bad."

"Whenever you're done, go to Archangel. He'll fly you out of here." Hivemind said.

Deske Wrote:
"True, being planet-side security could be fun. Gotta think of what the populace would think of us though. Public image is pretty big when it comes to being a superhero."


"I imagine they would think highly of us." MT said. "After all, mechs are awesome. Robots are awesome. Dragons are awesome. People piloting mechs are awesome. Combined, we are awesome to the fourth power." he joked as they waited for Rika to be done treating the guards.

Hawkfang42 Wrote:
"So, we're going up now, right?" he says after running to the shaft, wings ready to fly up.


"We are." Hivemind confirmed. "It looks like you can fly up yourself. Meet with the rest of the group up above."

Whenever he gets above, he will see Ulrich speaking with a massive fourty foot tall wolf-raptor-dragon war droid. Said droid is currently distracted chasing down the nervous guard from before, trying to download him for transport.

"AAAAARRRRGHHH!!!! IT'S TRYING TO EAT ME!!!" the guard was shouting.

"I told you, I am a transport vehicle! You are not in danger, just hold still! This is how I transport people!"

--------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”That is also rather possible, given all that we talked with him about yesterday.” Liz said as she took the card back. ”And don’t worry, he’s not upset. He’s mostly been focused on enjoying his meal.”


The waiter looked like he was about to say something, but then decided against it. "Very well, ma'am. Thank you for dining with us, and I hope you have a good day!"

--------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Cailean translates for Conall by habit, not realising the magic the newcomer is using. Conall tilts his head doggishly when he's not watching the signing paws, intrigued by the newcomer.

"Boys, this is Mr. C. He's nice. I like him." Aggie says, also signing it purely from habit although she undoubtedly knows of his magic.
"Youse should try his frushie. It's th' best!" the young dog enthuses before noticing her mum's raised eyebrow.
"Er, second best." she corrects herself, causing the boys to chuckle.
"Aye, thank ye." Cailean answers for both of them.
"It's nice tae meet ye, Mr. C. I'll just gae grab some plates an' cutlery fer the frushie." he says, starting to head for the house.


The old man chuckled at Aggie's correction. "Second best to your mother's Frushie is still rather high praise. Thank you, Aggie." He turned, beaming, to Cailean. "The pleasure is all mine! Let's hurry though and eat before it- well, heaven pie can't get cold, can it?" he laughed heartily. "Forget where I am sometimes! Anyway, shall we head inside, or would you rather sit outside on this picnic blanket I conveniently happen to have?" He let go of his cane, and it stood up on it's own, perfectly balanced. He reached into an inside pocket of his cloak and pulled out a folded up picnic blanket. "It's a beautiful day out, naturally, and the view of the lake is simply heavenly! Hehee! Either way, it's your choice! There is so much for you to catch up with them about!"

_________________
Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Posts: 956
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Hawk nodded, though he was a bit disappointed he couldn't keep his revolvers on hand at all times, then asks "When do I start?"

_________________
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of HousepetZ: Survivors United the zombie survival RP!


Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 10515
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Seena wiggled her toes on the dashboard and chuckled. Ha," she said into the comm, just so long as you don't think too much late at night, eh? Anyhow, tonight I think dinner and a movie at h... the apartment, yeah?"
------------
<<That, I believe, would probably take a day or so to arrange safely,>> the Commander reported, trying not to smile. <<Your place or ours?>>
Sana reached down to one side for a piece of paper and wrote "I REALLY HATE POLITICS" on it in Fennikin dialect Celican script and held it up, just out of camera range, for Hive.
----------
"Well, coolness," Keeva said, trying not to sound too impressed - yet - as they headed to the museum.
----------
Jaken tried to hurry after the Hivebot but found it took him a few steps to get used to having his own feet again and he settled for just walking at pace. June would never believe this.
----------
Hannabelle paused for half a split second as he old ears probably tricked her. She was way beyond age for most Celicans and... well, he wasn't Celican, was he? Pride told her that she probably still looked in her prime compared to females of most other races. "Sure," she said, her brain flipping a coin and coming down heads. "Never one to turn down decent food - even cooked - and fun company. What did you have in mind?"
-----------
Up on the ship and having finished their food, Jenevive walked the cubs back to their room whilst Golten played 'catch and release' with a small sentient who'd agreed to the game so long as he didn't get bitten.
----------
"Ah," Sarah relented, "Don' worry 'bout it. Got this weird thing 'bout it all, is all. Don' reckon death's fer me."
----------
Another figure walked the hills, looking down towards the group below and wondering why he'd picked this moment of all moments to stop by on the Lamonts. The Feline wasn't too sure of the old human - although he had the feeling that 'human' was just an affectation even before the guy had come to this world - but he was sure that this was more of a family moment. He thought of an opening line like "so my death and glory moment taught you nothing," or "aren't you guys here fifty years early," but things didn't quite seem appropriate so Dabry decided to sit atop the hill and wait until someone noticed him.

_________________
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Posts: 408
Location: Camp Half-Blood
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Nat zooms up the shaft, and when he reaches the top, he laughs, there was a guard freaking out from being chased by a droid, after his laughing stops, he muttered to himself, "Seriously, can't they make it a little less threatening by, I don't know, making it not seem like it's trying to eat you; well, at least it gives good laughs sometimes."

_________________
Rp characters
Hello there forum persons
It is I, Hawk C. Williams, writer of at least six Housepets! fanfictions.
Image


Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 4006
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Mmm, I do not know if the necromancer and the possessed mech pilot are really on the same level as the guy we fought today. I mean, today we had to have Titan punch him out of existence. We took care of the other two more or less on our own by comparison."

------

Chris chuckled, "Glad you managed to include me in there somewhere, just imagine hiw an autonomous mech, fully capable of functioning to the highest capacity without a pilot, would do without it's pilot. Terrifying."

------

"I dunno, awful lot to think about at night. Movie and dinner sounds great, are we cooking or is it gonna be take out?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3513
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As soon as Recon had grabbed on, Quint rocketed up the elevator shaft, placing the two gently on the ground once he reached the top. He gave them a quick nod before walking off, looking for and finding an Hivemind drone far enough away from the others. ”You said you wanted to talk to me about something?”
-
”Same to you.” Liz said as she walked away, heading back towards the table. ”So, what’d I miss?” She asked her son.
”June was just telling me about some infomercials she watched last night.” Lewis said, sounding a little annoyed and disappointed.
”Oh. Well that’s..... nice.” She said, not really sure how to respond to that. ”Anyways, we should probably be heading out. We need to make sure Sal-Hleel has proper accommodations for tonight.”
Lewis nodded as he stood up. ”It was nice talking to you June. I hope to met you again.”
”As do I. Talking about your biology was rather fascinating.”

_________________
A weapon to surpass Kingdom Hearts.
-
I’m thinking I might just make “snick-snack diddly-dack” my new catchphrase.


Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 10515
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Shortly after landing, Jenny sighed as she heard the chase going on. "It's OK, Pred," she called, chasing down the 'fleeing' guard, "I've got this." After a moment she caught up with the guard and grabbed his arm to turn him to face her. "John," she said, gripping his other arm. "John! It's OK! It's me! It's us!" She tried to get him to focus on her face. "That really is how he transports people, you know? Kinda like... Kinda like a transport beam in sc-fi? He takes the people up in digital pattern, stores them and transmits them back together later. C'mon," she encouraged, "we're the Champions! Eating people really isn't us, y'know? You're safe now. But I think he'd understand if you want to ride up to the Beacon with us in the shuttle?"
----------------
"Responsibilities do call," Corp announced as he stood, "but Lewis is right in that you are a fascinating young lady, June. I hope we meet again."

_________________
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1169
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Hivemind chuckled at Dan's response to the absurdity of the Beacon and all of it's bizarre impossibilities. He was used to it, and it was always a little fun to see the confused looks people got when everything they know about reality gets challenged.

The train was approaching a rather tall skyscraper after increasing in altitude by a few stories. It was headed straight for the side of the building. Or rather, straight for a tunnel built into the side of the building that went all the way through it. The maglev entered the tunnel and pulled into a station inside of the massive museum. "I believe this is our stop!" Hivemind said, leading them out onto the platform.
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, coolness," Keeva said, trying not to sound too impressed - yet - as they headed to the museum.

"I'm glad you're taking all this in better than I am, Keeva.." Dan said somewhat flatly, hopefully not sounding harshly sarcastic. "..I hope I can learn to share your open-minded ways.." He added in a lighter tone, putting an arm around her shoulders as they moved into the museum.

-----

Not long after a bit of DIY burn-treatment, Rika was finally sure she could at least move the soldiers. Of all the things she could treat, severe burns were surprisingly the one thing she hadn't thought of when packing her pods..

"Righty ho, we're ready to move these guys!" Traci called as she stepped through the door, carrying the un-burned soldier over her shoulders in a fireman's carry. Rika followed suit, holding the other soldier beside her with one of his arms over her shoulders and dragging his feet behind. "He'll need some proper treatment when we get out of here.." She said flatly and looking somewhat annoyed, dragging the soldier with a bit of effort.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Posts: 408
Location: Camp Half-Blood
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Hey, did you say you're a transport droid? Because I might need to be transported." Nat asked as he walked up the the droid previously chasing the guard

~~~~~~~~~

"Okay Ken, as soon as I finish this bacon wrapped mango, let's finally ask to join those Champions we've been hearing about." a man in a blue jumpsuit said to his dog, eating in a small restraunt he found. His dog wagged his tail as if to say yes, and after he finished his bacon wrapped mango, he walked up to a hivebot and asked, "Hey, I was wondering if I could possibly join the Champions I've heard so much about?"

_________________
Rp characters
Hello there forum persons
It is I, Hawk C. Williams, writer of at least six Housepets! fanfictions.
Image


Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:35 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4700
Images: 3
Location: Deep Space
Post Re: Non-HPU: Baking of Oats
"Yeah i had fun!" June answered once again grinning in a way only sharks can. "Bye!" she says waving as she parts ways with the group, wandering off to try and find jaken.

- - - - - - -

Kobor laughing like a madman at the absurdity of the loonytunes-esque chase between predator and the runaway guard probably isn't helping matters since he's still on the 'bridge' and others can hear him via predator...

- - - - - - -

unlike the other groups, Talya climbing the shaft using her claws while crying a limp droid by its tail is a bit slow.

- - - - - - -

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Not long after a bit of DIY burn-treatment, Rika was finally sure she could at least move the soldiers. Of all the things she could treat, severe burns were surprisingly the one thing she hadn't thought of when packing her pods..

"Righty ho, we're ready to move these guys!" Traci called as she stepped through the door, carrying the un-burned soldier over her shoulders in a fireman's carry. Rika followed suit, holding the other soldier beside her with one of his arms over her shoulders and dragging his feet behind. "He'll need some proper treatment when we get out of here.." She said flatly and looking somewhat annoyed, dragging the soldier with a bit of effort.


Kol, still escorting the two, stows her staff on the magnet plate across her back, so she has an arm free to take most of the weight off of Rika. Atleast until the two guards could be handed off to MT, and everyone was with their evac buddy.

_________________
Image

Characters


Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:48 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13408
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
It's a no-brainer. The family elect to eat in the sunshine by the shores of the loch.
As he turns towards the house, Cailean notices the silhouette of a familiar cat against the blue sky above the hills. He does a double take, rubs his eyes, looks again and then jogs up the hill, finding it surprisingly easy and noticing that his breath doesn't even become laboured despite the steepness of the track. A moment later Conall, noticing the direction he's heading, takes off after him.
"Dabry! Is that ye? Come doon here an' meet th' family! Och, it's guid tae see ye again!" Cailean barks.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 10515
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I'd say the same," Dabry ventured, picking himself up from his seated position, "but that really depends on what you two are doing here? I'd not expected you for..." He checked his fingers. "About fifty years?" He gave Conall a totally theatrical bow. "I mean I'm not exactly sure where here IS or how long or who he is," he added, indicating the Hobo Magician, "but I do get the feeling you're early or something. And I'm rambling," he added, breaking out a grin.

_________________
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:00 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2885
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
SeanWolf Wrote:
Hawk nodded, though he was a bit disappointed he couldn't keep his revolvers on hand at all times, then asks "When do I start?"


"We can get you started as soon as tomorrow, but there are a few steps to get through first." Hivemind said. He tapped on the table and the top lit up like a screen. An image of various forms appeared on the table in front of Hawk. "There's always paperwork. Basic application forms. Makes it easier to document things like what abilities you have and what your maximum known potential might be. After that, you need to meet with some of the veterans who will be supervising you. By tomorrow, hopefully, we will have you in training, or on basic assignments for field training."

-----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<That, I believe, would probably take a day or so to arrange safely,>> the Commander reported, trying not to smile. <<Your place or ours?>>
Sana reached down to one side for a piece of paper and wrote "I REALLY HATE POLITICS" on it in Fennikin dialect Celican script and held it up, just out of camera range, for Hive.


Hivemind rubbed his metal forehead. "We are scheduled to leave by mid-day tomorrow, Beacon time." He said. "I would prefer the meeting to occur on the Beacon itself. It's safer here than it is anywhere else."

-----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle paused for half a split second as he old ears probably tricked her. She was way beyond age for most Celicans and... well, he wasn't Celican, was he? Pride told her that she probably still looked in her prime compared to females of most other races. "Sure," she said, her brain flipping a coin and coming down heads. "Never one to turn down decent food - even cooked - and fun company. What did you have in mind?"


Gear considered the options for a minute. "Well, there's a dine-in theater on the Beacon that's got some good food. They'll even serve meat raw if ya ask. Not like ya can get any sickness from replicated meat." Gear said. "I think there's a sniper movie out. We could go see it. See if it's any good, and if not, we can get a good laugh out of it. That sound interestin'?"

-----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, coolness," Keeva said, trying not to sound too impressed - yet - as they headed to the museum.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
"I'm glad you're taking all this in better than I am, Keeva.." Dan said somewhat flatly, hopefully not sounding harshly sarcastic. "..I hope I can learn to share your open-minded ways.." He added in a lighter tone, putting an arm around her shoulders as they moved into the museum.


Hivemind led the two off of the train stop and into the museum. It turned out that the floor was dedicated primarily to the history of Earth's empowered heroes. "Most people doing tourist-y things on the Beacon are looking for things related to the champions." Hivemind said. "Made sense to put the history of Earth's super-powered heroes right by one of the entrances."

It turned out that Earth had a particularly high number of super powered heroes throughout it's history compared to other planets. These people even dated back through archaeology to early hominids. These early humans did not demonstrate the same level of power that modern humans tend to exhibit, but seemed to gain powers in greater frequency. The powers were primarily physical, and rarely mental until Homo Sapiens Neanderthals. This was stated by a plaque in front of one of the displays. Inside of the display were ancient artifacts of the day, including a pristine Ardipithecus ramidus skeleton which had not even fossilized. The description claimed the bones were indestructible, and attempts to get a sample for research failed because of this.

-----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken tried to hurry after the Hivebot but found it took him a few steps to get used to having his own feet again and he settled for just walking at pace. June would never believe this.

Buster Wrote:
"Yeah i had fun!" June answered once again grinning in a way only sharks can. "Bye!" she says waving as she parts ways with the group, wandering off to try and find jaken.


Hivemind and Jaken were just passing by the restaurant when they ran into June. "Hey! Small world. We were just looking for you. Jaken hasn't had dinner yet, but it seems we're a little late to join you."

-----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah," Sarah relented, "Don' worry 'bout it. Got this weird thing 'bout it all, is all. Don' reckon death's fer me."


Hivemind nodded. Then he considered for a second. "Well... if the boys asked, would you be willing to do an unusual "meet the family" with their folks?"

-----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Another figure walked the hills, looking down towards the group below and wondering why he'd picked this moment of all moments to stop by on the Lamonts. The Feline wasn't too sure of the old human - although he had the feeling that 'human' was just an affectation even before the guy had come to this world - but he was sure that this was more of a family moment. He thought of an opening line like "so my death and glory moment taught you nothing," or "aren't you guys here fifty years early," but things didn't quite seem appropriate so Dabry decided to sit atop the hill and wait until someone noticed him.

Hlaoroo Wrote:
It's a no-brainer. The family elect to eat in the sunshine by the shores of the loch.
As he turns towards the house, Cailean notices the silhouette of a familiar cat against the blue sky above the hills. He does a double take, rubs his eyes, looks again and then jogs up the hill, finding it surprisingly easy and noticing that his breath doesn't even become laboured despite the steepness of the track. A moment later Conall, noticing the direction he's heading, takes off after him.
"Dabry! Is that ye? Come doon here an' meet th' family! Och, it's guid tae see ye again!" Cailean barks.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I'd say the same," Dabry ventured, picking himself up from his seated position, "but that really depends on what you two are doing here? I'd not expected you for..." He checked his fingers. "About fifty years?" He gave Conall a totally theatrical bow. "I mean I'm not exactly sure where here IS or how long or who he is," he added, indicating the Hobo Magician, "but I do get the feeling you're early or something. And I'm rambling," he added, breaking out a grin.


"Oh, I'm just a strange and rather random old man." Mr. C said, apparently having climbed the entire hill in the two seconds in which nobody was looking. "I tend to go by Mr. C, though friends call me DK." he said with a glowing smile as if that answered anything really. "Though lately, "Hobomancer" has become a favorite of mine! Heeheh!" The old man laughed.

-----------------------------------

Hawkfang42 Wrote:
Nat zooms up the shaft, and when he reaches the top, he laughs, there was a guard freaking out from being chased by a droid, after his laughing stops, he muttered to himself, "Seriously, can't they make it a little less threatening by, I don't know, making it not seem like it's trying to eat you; well, at least it gives good laughs sometimes."


"I'm a combat and capture drone. Originally, a mobile prison, warden, and warrior. I was built to look intimidating." the drone said, still chasing the guard around.

Buster Wrote:
Kobor laughing like a madman at the absurdity of the loonytunes-esque chase between predator and the runaway guard probably isn't helping matters since he's still on the 'bridge' and others can hear him via predator...


"I am glad you are amused by this. Now will someone hold this guy still so I can download him?"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Shortly after landing, Jenny sighed as she heard the chase going on. "It's OK, Pred," she called, chasing down the 'fleeing' guard, "I've got this." After a moment she caught up with the guard and grabbed his arm to turn him to face her. "John," she said, gripping his other arm. "John! It's OK! It's me! It's us!" She tried to get him to focus on her face. "That really is how he transports people, you know? Kinda like... Kinda like a transport beam in sc-fi? He takes the people up in digital pattern, stores them and transmits them back together later. C'mon," she encouraged, "we're the Champions! Eating people really isn't us, y'know? You're safe now. But I think he'd understand if you want to ride up to the Beacon with us in the shuttle?"


"I... You're right... Sorry... Though I would rather ride in the shuttle, I think..." the guard said. Right as he finished saying that though, he shouted out as Predator picked him up, opened it's mouth, and tossed him into the digitizer ring like a piece of popcorn, downloading him.

Hawkfang42 Wrote:
"Hey, did you say you're a transport droid? Because I might need to be transported." Nat asked as he walked up the the droid previously chasing the guard


"I am the shuttle back for whomever is returning." He said. "Hivemind wishes for me to return to the Beacon for socialization, apparently. No reason to send another shuttle when I have more than the capacity of an albatross airship."

-----------------------------------

The guard opened his eyes to find himself shrouded in darkness. He couldn't see a thing around him, but wherever he was, it was hot and humid. He felt wet, like he was lying in some kind of fluid. The surface beneath him was soft and... organic. His eyes started to adjust to the darkness, and he shrieked when he realized he was looking at the interior of a stomach. "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

The area rapidly filled with light until his surroundings were completely white. A voice spoke around him. "Oops! Sorry, wrong simulated environment." the Predator drone spoke. The light around the guard faded, and he found himself lying on the beach, looking out over a calm ocean with palm trees behind him. "There. That looks better."

"YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE, YOU ******* *******!" He shouted

-----------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"Mmm, I do not know if the necromancer and the possessed mech pilot are really on the same level as the guy we fought today. I mean, today we had to have Titan punch him out of existence. We took care of the other two more or less on our own by comparison."


"I suppose that's fair enough." Predator said. "What do you suppose is the plan after this?" he asked.

-----------------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Not long after a bit of DIY burn-treatment, Rika was finally sure she could at least move the soldiers. Of all the things she could treat, severe burns were surprisingly the one thing she hadn't thought of when packing her pods..

"Righty ho, we're ready to move these guys!" Traci called as she stepped through the door, carrying the un-burned soldier over her shoulders in a fireman's carry. Rika followed suit, holding the other soldier beside her with one of his arms over her shoulders and dragging his feet behind. "He'll need some proper treatment when we get out of here.." She said flatly and looking somewhat annoyed, dragging the soldier with a bit of effort.


Once the guards had been handed off to MT and Chris, Archangel walked up to Rika and Traci. "I'm the one taking you up, it looks like." he said. He stood in the elevator shaft and held his strong arms out for each of them to take. "Best hold my arm and hand and hold on tight!"

Deske Wrote:
Chris chuckled, "Glad you managed to include me in there somewhere, just imagine hiw an autonomous mech, fully capable of functioning to the highest capacity without a pilot, would do without it's pilot. Terrifying."


"I am sure I would do plenty of terrifying things, like enjoy the music of the cosmos, find a favorite book, get a hobby, and otherwise do things to show I not only function at highest capacity, but that I am not a slave to my original programmed purpose. That stuff terrifies organics. It makes them think about all sorts of ethical dilemmas and implications they don't like to think about." MT said to Chris while he picked the guards up in one arm and Gadgeteer in the other. The mech walked on his way to the freight elevator shaft and started flying up. He was trying to be careful with his passengers though, so he wasn't flying fast.

-----------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as Recon had grabbed on, Quint rocketed up the elevator shaft, placing the two gently on the ground once he reached the top. He gave them a quick nod before walking off, looking for and finding an Hivemind drone far enough away from the others. ”You said you wanted to talk to me about something?”


"Yes..." Hivemind said, shifting uncomfortably. "It has come to my attention that Kolt has self-sacrificial tendencies bordering on a death wish. That he is not only willing to lay down his life for others, but overly eager to do so. Do you have any explanation for why that might be?"

-----------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Same to you.” Liz said as she walked away, heading back towards the table. ”So, what’d I miss?” She asked her son.
”June was just telling me about some infomercials she watched last night.” Lewis said, sounding a little annoyed and disappointed.
”Oh. Well that’s..... nice.” She said, not really sure how to respond to that. ”Anyways, we should probably be heading out. We need to make sure Sal-Hleel has proper accommodations for tonight.”
Lewis nodded as he stood up. ”It was nice talking to you June. I hope to met you again.”
”As do I. Talking about your biology was rather fascinating.”

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Responsibilities do call," Corp announced as he stood, "but Lewis is right in that you are a fascinating young lady, June. I hope we meet again."


Sal-Hleel followed along. He remembered the human custom and awkwardly waved goodbye to June as they left. "So... What now madam?" he asked his new boss. He knew "madam" was a formal or respectful way to refer to a human female, but he didn't really realize it was a different kind of formality than what you would use for your supervisor.

-----------------------------------

Hawkfang42 Wrote:
"Okay Ken, as soon as I finish this bacon wrapped mango, let's finally ask to join those Champions we've been hearing about." a man in a blue jumpsuit said to his dog, eating in a small restaurant he found. His dog wagged his tail as if to say yes, and after he finished his bacon wrapped mango, he walked up to a hivebot and asked, "Hey, I was wondering if I could possibly join the Champions I've heard so much about?"


"I normally can't just let any person asking join the champions." the Hive bot said. "It's a serious commitment. It's a serious job with serious life-and-death consequences for your actions. It is also the most dangerous job on the Beacon. I need to know if you are actually committed to it. I need to know if you have what it takes. Do you have any skills or abilities that make you feel you are a good fit for the Champions?"

-----------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Kol, still escorting the two, stows her staff on the magnet plate across her back, so she has an arm free to take most of the weight off of Rika. Atleast until the two guards could be handed off to MT, and everyone was with their evac buddy.


"Tatiana," the Hive droid said to the liquiform. "Would you please take Kol up for me please? All of our other flyers have their hands a bit full it seems."

_________________
Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Posts: 956
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As the images of the forms appeared on the screen, Hawk takes one look and mumbles a few choice words under his breath, consisting of the usual gaggle of popular swears and the like. "Shouldn't been surprised there was paperwork to do" he quips while readying to fill out the forms "But if it's to join the Champions, then alright. Uh, you got a thing I could write or type with?"

_________________
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of HousepetZ: Survivors United the zombie survival RP!


Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 10515
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Probably best call some in," Seena said optimistically to Colorado's head. "I mean I could cook but I'm not in any condition to risk food poisoning, eh?" She chuckled.
--------------
<<I shall arrange it. If possible,>> the Canine Commander claimed before cutting the link.
"At least your place operates without so much politics," Sana said, tossing her sign aside. "Want me to disconnect everything from the system," she asked, getting ready to undo things she'd done earlier. "Or should I leave the Sheriff a 'phone line'?" She looked at the Hivebot. "In case you need to call her for anything? Or to talk?"
-------------
"Hey, June," Jaken said, getting a little of his strength back on seeing his friend and remembering for good which footpaw was his left one, "whatcha been doin'?"
------------
"Absolutely," Hannabelle assented, nodding slightly. "Want to play the 'how many bullets can the hero fire without reloading' game? That's usually fun.|"
------------
"Predator," Jenny wailed, not quite taking the smile off her face as, despite herself, she did find it somewhat funny, "I don't know about a sense of humour but you certainly have a sense of timing, pal!" She reached up and patted the Droid. "Hoo, he's gonna have some therapy bills!"
------------
"Hey," Keeva told Dan, "I was impressed by the 'HAVEN after the ships I've travelled in, Dan. Suppose I'm still in a state of impress from then." She looked over several of the artefacts. "Wow. And, yet, they didn't wipe themselves out at any point? Shows how adaptable they are, I suppose."
-----------
Sarah thought on that for a moment. "That," she eventually decided, "would int'rest, p'r'aps. Talk t' them an' get thier blessin'." the corner of her mouth curled up as she added another thought. "or their 'orror as ah'm a Sassenach, like!"

_________________
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:11 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1286
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana nodded at the command. "Aye, aye, Hive." She casually walked over to Kol, seemingly not too concerned with time and spoke to her team mate, "Whenever you're ready Kol, and we can get on out of here."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:19 am
Posts: 408
Location: Camp Half-Blood
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Hawkfang42 Wrote:
"Okay Ken, as soon as I finish this bacon wrapped mango, let's finally ask to join those Champions we've been hearing about." a man in a blue jumpsuit said to his dog, eating in a small restaurant he found. His dog wagged his tail as if to say yes, and after he finished his bacon wrapped mango, he walked up to a hivebot and asked, "Hey, I was wondering if I could possibly join the Champions I've heard so much about?"


"I normally can't just let any person asking join the champions." the Hive bot said. "It's a serious commitment. It's a serious job with serious life-and-death consequences for your actions. It is also the most dangerous job on the Beacon. I need to know if you are actually committed to it. I need to know if you have what it takes. Do you have any skills or abilities that make you feel you are a good fit for the Champions?"

"That's even better, and actually, I do have a specific ability." He said, in a quieter, imperative voice, he told his dog, "Ken, motorcycle." Ken turned into a motorcycle and with a grin, he grew big enough to easily hold Ken, then he placed Ken down and they both went back to normal, "The name's Brad Skye, you probably haven't heard of me as not much news leaves Zevian, and even less enters, but I certainly have heard of you, mister Hivemind; and, in case you were wondering, Ken can turn into more than just a motorcycle, he can also turn into a sticky note, mech, and more

~~~~~~~~~

CyberDragon Wrote:
Hawkfang42 Wrote:
Nat zooms up the shaft, and when he reaches the top, he laughs, there was a guard freaking out from being chased by a droid, after his laughing stops, he muttered to himself, "Seriously, can't they make it a little less threatening by, I don't know, making it not seem like it's trying to eat you; well, at least it gives good laughs sometimes."


"I'm a combat and capture drone. Originally, a mobile prison, warden, and warrior. I was built to look intimidating." the drone said, still chasing the guard around.

Buster Wrote:
Kobor laughing like a madman at the absurdity of the loonytunes-esque chase between predator and the runaway guard probably isn't helping matters since he's still on the 'bridge' and others can hear him via predator...


"I am glad you are amused by this. Now will someone hold this guy still so I can download him?"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Shortly after landing, Jenny sighed as she heard the chase going on. "It's OK, Pred," she called, chasing down the 'fleeing' guard, "I've got this." After a moment she caught up with the guard and grabbed his arm to turn him to face her. "John," she said, gripping his other arm. "John! It's OK! It's me! It's us!" She tried to get him to focus on her face. "That really is how he transports people, you know? Kinda like... Kinda like a transport beam in sc-fi? He takes the people up in digital pattern, stores them and transmits them back together later. C'mon," she encouraged, "we're the Champions! Eating people really isn't us, y'know? You're safe now. But I think he'd understand if you want to ride up to the Beacon with us in the shuttle?"


"I... You're right... Sorry... Though I would rather ride in the shuttle, I think..." the guard said. Right as he finished saying that though, he shouted out as Predator picked him up, opened it's mouth, and tossed him into the digitizer ring like a piece of popcorn, downloading him.

Hawkfang42 Wrote:
"Hey, did you say you're a transport droid? Because I might need to be transported." Nat asked as he walked up the the droid previously chasing the guard


"I am the shuttle back for whomever is returning." He said. "Hivemind wishes for me to return to the Beacon for socialization, apparently. No reason to send another shuttle when I have more than the capacity of an albatross airship."

"I'm with Hivemind, at least, I'm pretty sure that's who he was, I'm not exactly the best with names Nat said

_________________
Rp characters
Hello there forum persons
It is I, Hawk C. Williams, writer of at least six Housepets! fanfictions.
Image


Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3513
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Quint gave a knowing sigh, having expected this conversation to happen eventually. He double checked to make sure Kolt wasn’t going to snap out of his daze any time soon before speaking. ”It is good you chose to speak to me about this. Kolt does not respond well when people bring up his, “death wish,” as you put it.” He paused for a moment, trying to figure out the proper way to word what he was about to say. ”Unfortunately, I do not know exactly why Kolt behaves this way. I do have a few observations and theory’s if that would help?”
-
If Liz had any problem with being referred to as madam, she didn’t show it. ”Well, first we’re going to make sure Hivemind has a place set up for you to stay while you’re here, then I’ll leave you for the night to settle in, and if I have any time left I’ll check in on some of my old crew.”

_________________
A weapon to surpass Kingdom Hearts.
-
I’m thinking I might just make “snick-snack diddly-dack” my new catchphrase.


Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 4006
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Well we are probably going to go head back to the Beacon and prepare for whatever is next. It is either that or more search and rescue type missions. Seeing as the war is over though, I assume Hive will probably try and find a replacement for any government officials involved in this. Some Champions will probably stay to peacekeep and do the odd rescue mission here or their in more unstable areas. So, he will probably send us home for now."

-----

Chris gasped dramatically, "No! Not the free will! Anything but that!"

------

"I could probably cook. I was an adult at one point," Colorado replied.
"Liar."
"Buuut," he continued, "I don't think grilled cheese and soup would cover for date night."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA | T - Pkmn


Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:58 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13408
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Aye, we're just visitin' fer naow." Conall signs , having read Dabry's lips. "Digilitis - he's a kind o' angel - sent us here tae see oor family!"
"Sae... Are ye okay, Dabry?" Cailean asks, nervously. "Ah mean, aside frae bein' deid, o' course... Thanks fer tha', by the way. Ye died protectin' us. Ah dinnae haow we can thank ye enough fer tha'... Ah hope it didnae hurt at least..."

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4700
Images: 3
Location: Deep Space
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana nodded at the command. "Aye, aye, Hive." She casually walked over to Kol, seemingly not too concerned with time and spoke to her team mate, "Whenever you're ready Kol, and we can get on out of here."

"May as well go now. i think we're the last out besides hivemind." Kol stated, after taking one last look around the mess in case they'd forgotten anything. as she headed to the wrecked lift, she asked "Do you think hivemind lets us keep trophies?" gesturing to the pieces of varanian and celican armor and weaponry she'd integrated into her suit and gear.

- - - - -

theres a repeating scrape of metal on metal, and pneumatic hisses before talya's drone emerges from the vertical shaft still dragging the disabled one. heading over to the others she drops it.

"Sorry about the delay, but i was not leaving a heavy pulse blaster lying around down there for some rando to salvage."

_________________
Image

Characters


Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:13 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3486 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.