Reply to topic  [ 2956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3878
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris answered Talya for them, accepting the file and letting the targetting interface update. "Much appreciated," Chris replied as the turrets sprang to life and corrected their aim to not shoot through buildings and instead to shoot over or wait until they had a clear line of sight.

--------

Ulrich used one of the arms to funnel more non-living matter (ice, dirt, etc) near the drones mouth for absorption, mainly to ready his shields to take another blow, should they need to.

--------

One of the Vanderbilts moved into the hospital, looking around and commenting to himself, "I swear if I have to be a nurse because someone here can knit bones together like nothing..." He sighed to himself, "I'd be the best RN..."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:59 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3947
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
judging by the UI elements chris is starting to see as the turrets come on line, the turrets think they're hull-mounted point defense and anti-fighter batteries for a capitol ship, and the warlord has been flagged as an 'enemy craft' with the orb being mistaken for his 'main reactor' and designated a priority target. which would explain the terain recognition problem, they're not programmed for urban use.

_________________
"The real question is who pulls off the dude in a dress look better, Asriel or Ralsei?"

Characters


Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9881
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Righty-ho," Jenny agreed, "no sonic attacks. Kinda limits me but..." So saying, she poked the Warlord in the eyes with the blades before shooting him in the face with one of the cannons. "Actually... just borrowing your blade for a moment, Kol." She swept an arc through the water, a little way above the gemstone with the blade and, if successful in the cutting, rammed a set of fingers into the wound to pull from behind the stone. "We tried removing the gem from the flesh," she explained, "but not removing the flesh from the gem."
----------------------------------
"Someone tell me if I can help," Jaken offered.
----------------------------------
"Therapy," Hannabelle grumbled. "Plenty of... people have suggesTED I... need that." She tried to chuckle but failed. "First... first time for my bones though."
----------------------------------
"Thank you for this," Dragere said simply, picking up a Vixen child with a teddy version of the Pink Ranger. They nuzzled for a moment. "Hello, Chessina,"
"Uncle Fred!"
He rolled his eyes as she hugged him. "Afredik, Chessina. I'll be with you in a moment," he added, handing her back to her parents. "I have to invoke 'Diamond Hunter' protocols." He sighed. "Like it or not, I'm the highest ranking cabinet member still standing."
"Thats Hivemind," Chessina realised.
"Where do you need the land forces focussed, Hivemind," Dragere asked.
---------------------------------
"Looking to make sure they've left no taps," Sana guessed.
"...and within the automobile up their plumbing if they have?" Seena offered.
Sana frowned and looked at her. "Get Denver on that, would you," she asked.
"OK," Seena asked. "Dunno why but I'm thinking of him. Platonically"
"Denver," Sana asked the comm, "from what you know of Seena, does she know any GOOD jokes?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1203
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana held onto her control of the grenades, which she started firing at the Warlord's legs, trying to destabilize him. She focused on two different types, one corrosive, following her same thought process and hoped the Predator had some sort of freezing grenade, hoping that the cold may cause some sort of problems for the overgrown lizard. "Depends on how deep the connection of flesh and gem goes." After Jaken's asking for a way to help, at least to Tatiana, she began to ponder. "Hey kid. Jaken I think? Think ya could use your portals offensively? Like portal the gem or part of the gem off him?"

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:08 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3150
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Got it! I’ll see if can’t disable him somehow.” Kolt said, taking control of the tail and repeated jabbing the Warlord in the back, scouting around for the spine so he could try severing it again.
Meanwhile, Quint used the back legs to scoop more stuff up to the drones mouth, as he conversed with the Predator. ”If this goes south, do you have anyway of getting us out of here?”
-
Liz gave another nod to Hivemind. ”Sounds good. Let’s see how some of them are doing, then I’ll go talk to that grunt.” She said, giving a wordless gesture to Lewis as he got up and stood next to her.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:52 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2326
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Therapy," Hannabelle grumbled. "Plenty of... people have suggesTED I... need that." She tried to chuckle but failed. "First... first time for my bones though."


"I have no doubt." The Good Doctor said distractedly as she prepared things. Once everything was ready, she took a step back, held out her right hand towards Hannabelle's chest, and focused.

The IV fluids started to drain into Hannabelle's body. Her ribs shifted, though her nerves had gone numb in the area so it wasn't painful. The bones set themselves quickly and, aided by the materials in the specialized IV fluid, started to mend themselves, sealing the cracks and stitching the broken bones together. They didn't stop there though. The fluid kept draining as the weakened old bones got stronger. The severe aging in them reversed, the damage done by her condition was undoing itself.

The last of the IV fluid drained out, and the doctor finished up. She removed the IV and started undoing the straps. "Feeling better?"

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Thank you for this," Dragere said simply, picking up a Vixen child with a teddy version of the Pink Ranger. They nuzzled for a moment. "Hello, Chessina,"
"Uncle Fred!"
He rolled his eyes as she hugged him. "Afredik, Chessina. I'll be with you in a moment," he added, handing her back to her parents. "I have to invoke 'Diamond Hunter' protocols." He sighed. "Like it or not, I'm the highest ranking cabinet member still standing."
"Thats Hivemind," Chessina realised.
"Where do you need the land forces focussed, Hivemind," Dragere asked.


"Right now I need them evacuating civilians and then themselves to the nearest hidden base while the challenge ceasefire remains in effect." Hivemind said before lowering his voice so he wouldn't be overheard. "The danger is greater than you know. Even with the fleet under my control if we can't stop the Warlord the entire planet may have to be evacuated. That's what these bases are for. They are in actuality Phoenix dropships that can be recalled to the Beacon in the event of Omega Evacuation Protocol. It isn't safe to discuss more here. Shall we go inside and speak more?"

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Looking to make sure they've left no taps," Sana guessed.
"...and within the automobile up their plumbing if they have?" Seena offered.
Sana frowned and looked at her. "Get Denver on that, would you," she asked.
"OK," Seena asked. "Dunno why but I'm thinking of him. Platonically"
"Denver," Sana asked the comm, "from what you know of Seena, does she know any GOOD jokes?"


Having no idea what they were talking about, Hivemind just continued with business. "Has the IOC gotten here yet?"

-------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz gave another nod to Hivemind. ”Sounds good. Let’s see how some of them are doing, then I’ll go talk to that grunt.” She said, giving a wordless gesture to Lewis as he got up and stood next to her.


"Right. I haven't seen Sarah, Cailean, or Conall yet today. Shall we go check on them first?" Hivemind asked as they walked out of the lab and down the hall. They passed a couple hive droids and some Beacon Residents trying to coax a rather ticked off cat out from under a bench.

-------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
One of the Vanderbilts moved into the hospital, looking around and commenting to himself, "I swear if I have to be a nurse because someone here can knit bones together like nothing..." He sighed to himself, "I'd be the best RN..."


"Can I help you?" the receptionist asked, noticing the Vanderbilt clone.

-------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich used one of the arms to funnel more non-living matter (ice, dirt, etc) near the drones mouth for absorption, mainly to ready his shields to take another blow, should they need to.


The Predator drone simply opened it's mouth and let the debris fall straight into the downloading device. It was easier that way than trying to fire a beam at each individual rock and clump of dirt. "Every bit helps, but we could really use something heavier. Something made of metal, perhaps... A boat, or a car or something big like that."

+20% Power

Buster Wrote:
while the others had been busy brawling, someone, had been systematically dismantling the wrecked ship, using it for both raw material and a place to recharge in between trips to a few coastal rooftops to mount the parts she had been recycling.

they weren't on line yet, but there was now a missile battery, and another MAC, in addition to the emptied one from earlier Talya was currently in the process of moving.

>You're the one called MT right? got something for you
{Driver package received, download?}
>It'll slave the turrets to your targeting computer, they'll boot as soon as they get a signal. i haven't had a chance to reload turret one yet, so it'll be a bit longer.
>not putting them on auto again, the terrain recognition software sucks. this thing waisted most of it's ammo trying to fire through buildings.

Deske Wrote:
Chris answered Talya for them, accepting the file and letting the targetting interface update. "Much appreciated," Chris replied as the turrets sprang to life and corrected their aim to not shoot through buildings and instead to shoot over or wait until they had a clear line of sight.


MT Locked onto the Warlord. "Target acquired. Standing by for online weapons signal."

Buster Wrote:
"Stop with the energy attacks. they seem to be working against us." Kol growled mentally, fully intelligible despite not using English. "or use them on breaking up the ice instead. we're watertight and can't freeze, but he's shivering."

as she speaks kol is driving them forward, intending to wrestle the warlord claw to claw, keeping his hands occupied while leaving the back arms and tail open for the others to use.


This perhaps wasn't the best option. By now, the Warlord was far, far stronger than the Predator drone when it came to raw physical strength despite the cold water, which was chest deep for the both of them, causing him to slow down quite a bit. When the Predator got close, the Warlord grabbed the robot, lifted it over his head, and hurled it away. The Predator Drone slid across the ice to a stop. The Warlord climbed out of the water and warmed himself with his fire breath before charging the Predator again.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Righty-ho," Jenny agreed, "no sonic attacks. Kinda limits me but..." So saying, she poked the Warlord in the eyes with the blades before shooting him in the face with one of the cannons. "Actually... just borrowing your blade for a moment, Kol." She swept an arc through the water, a little way above the gemstone with the blade and, if successful in the cutting, rammed a set of fingers into the wound to pull from behind the stone. "We tried removing the gem from the flesh," she explained, "but not removing the flesh from the gem."


This was also perhaps not the greatest option.

The moment the predator started pulling on the orb, something was very wrong. "Warning: Power draining..."

And indeed their power was draining. The more force they applied in trying to pull the orb out, the more power was siphoned out of the Predator drone.

-10% power.

In addition, grabbing the orb leaves the Predator drone completely exposed to counter attacks. The orb started screaming again, and the Warlord's fists once again started to spark. The Warlord pulled it's fist back and slammed it as hard as it could into the Predator's midsection, sending the robot flying onto it's back.

-50% power.

"Warning! Power below 10%!"

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana held onto her control of the grenades, which she started firing at the Warlord's legs, trying to destabilize him. She focused on two different types, one corrosive, following her same thought process and hoped the Predator had some sort of freezing grenade, hoping that the cold may cause some sort of problems for the overgrown lizard. "Depends on how deep the connection of flesh and gem goes." After Jaken's asking for a way to help, at least to Tatiana, she began to ponder. "Hey kid. Jaken I think? Think ya could use your portals offensively? Like portal the gem or part of the gem off him?"


The corrosive chemical stuck to the Warlord's legs, burning him, but doing less damage than one might hope. The Cryo grenade, however, encased the Warlord's legs in a thick mound of ice, stopping him momentarily in his tracks.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Got it! I’ll see if can’t disable him somehow.” Kolt said, taking control of the tail and repeated jabbing the Warlord in the back, scouting around for the spine so he could try severing it again.
Meanwhile, Quint used the back legs to scoop more stuff up to the drones mouth, as he conversed with the Predator. ”If this goes south, do you have anyway of getting us out of here?”


The Predator downloaded what he could from the stuff Quint scooped to him, but his back legs weren't meant for conveying matter to his mouth. "In an emergency, I can upload my passengers to the Beacon, where you will be reconstructed in the physical world. However, I cannot go with you in that case."

+10% Power

The blade, with considerable effort and multiple tries, managed to cut through the Varanian's scales. The Warlord went limp, collapsing backwards and shattering the ice around his legs.

Summary:
Shields: 93% (Recharging: +5%/turn while undamaged)
Power: 17%

Warlord Status: Temporarily Paralyzed.

2 turns until allied reinforcements.

Tip: The Warlord is far FAR stronger than the Predator, and has specialized training in close combat.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9881
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I, um, could try," Jaken said hesitantly, "but shouldn't we, like, eat a building or a large tank first? I know where there's a crashed shuttle." He pointed the drone towards it. "That could give us a lot of power, right?" Without quite knowing how he tapped into Traci's speed and they arrived at the downed vehicle. "Uh, sorry," he said uncertainly.
-----------------------------------
"Want me to offer myself to the Cat," Corp offered, only half joking. "It might come out for a tasty Mouse."
----------------------------------
"Uh, they're about... five minutes out," Sana said, waiting on her reply from Denver.
---------------------------------
"Should keep me going for another several years," Hannabelle admitted, thanks never coming easily to her.
---------------------------------
"Probably best, yes," Dragere admitted gravely, wondering how they could get roughly three quarters of a billion people up here, including Polars and Fennekin.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:52 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3947
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
[Point Defense battery 01: offline, maintainance mode]
[Point Defense battery 02: online, target locked]
[Offensive missile battery 01: online, target locked]


>Gimmie another 45 seconds and this one'll be up too.

-----

"wait, can you move those portals once their open? like say, open a portal infront of his hand, shift it up to his shoulder then close it? cause meat is probably a better fuel than ice."

_________________
"The real question is who pulls off the dude in a dress look better, Asriel or Ralsei?"

Characters


Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9881
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Yeah, I can move them," Jaken confirmed. "Don't know if I can shut them like that but I can try? But, um, I'd like us t have more power before we do?" He 'looked' at the wreckage. "Might be too big. Perhaps that other... I'm going to stop talking now," he said as they arrived at the Juggernaut wreckage.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:16 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3150
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”I don’t know how much more energy we can get before he recovers, but I’ll try.” Kolt said, as he started using the drones arms to shovel more ice into it’s mouth. ”And Predator? If our energy goes below five percent, I want you to teleport everyone but me up to the Beacon.”
”KOLT!”
”What!? I’m not going to ask him to sacrifice himself if I’m not willing to do the same!”
”Oh trust me, I know full well how willing you are to sacrifice yourself!” They went back and forth like this as they shoveled more ice into the Predators mouth. It was clear that this wasn’t the first time they’d had this discussion.
-
”Actually, I think I might have a better idea.” Liz said, as she walked towards what she assumed was Snowball. She got down on her knees, making sure it saw her before she changed into her cat form and stared at him.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3878
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Denver raised an eyebrow at the question but, honestly given today, he didn't really think much of it, "Usually the only good ones are at my expense, but she's had a few more here or there. Why'd you ask me instead of Colorado?"
-------
Chris waited the 45 seconds and as soon as the Predator drone raced away and the turret had been rearmed, he fired.
-------
"Kolt I am pretty sure Hive can make a continuously updating backup of Predator. I do not think there is any reason to needlessly kill yourself," Ulrich stated as he worked out a way to reduce energy cost by deflecting shots instead of directly absorbing them like what happened with the initial punch.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:15 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2326
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Want me to offer myself to the Cat," Corp offered, only half joking. "It might come out for a tasty Mouse."


"Do... cat's still eat mice in your universe?" Hivemind asked, unsure.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Actually, I think I might have a better idea.” Liz said, as she walked towards what she assumed was Snowball. She got down on her knees, making sure it saw her before she changed into her cat form and stared at him.


Snowball let out a furious and startled hiss. The cat lashed out and swiped at Liz before bolting out from under the bench... and under a different bench a few feet away. The people trying to retrieve the cat groaned and followed the angry ball of fluff.

"Perhaps we should just move on. Snowball will come out when she gets hungry. It's not like she can get off the ship." Hivemind suggested.

---------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Uh, they're about... five minutes out," Sana said, waiting on her reply from Denver.


"Let me know when they get here. We'll need them to help with evacuation."

---------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Should keep me going for another several years," Hannabelle admitted, thanks never coming easily to her.


"Your welcome. However, don't let it go that long without treatment. You should schedule monthly appointments with a healer to keep your condition from progressing. Now you may go. I have a lot of patients to attend to." With that, she showed Hannabelle the way out and left to treat other people.

"You look like you're feeling better." Hivemind stated when Hannabelle returned.

---------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Probably best, yes," Dragere admitted gravely, wondering how they could get roughly three quarters of a billion people up here, including Polars and Fennekin.


Hivemind led Dragere into the base and to a quiet, secured meeting room. He locked the door to make sure no one walked in on them talking, thus causing a panic. "Here's the situation: The Warlord has the ability to steal the powers of empowered people it eats. It appears to gain strength from unpowered people as well, but not as much. That isn't all, though. The Warlord is rapidly becoming the host for the demon of Greed, Cupiditas. If he can't be stopped before being completely consumed, he will not only become virtually unstoppable, he will have the power to potentially siphon the planet dry of... anything. You name it. Resources, money, energy, even people's bodies and souls... nothing on this planet will be safe. That is why we need to be prepared to evacuate the planet and get it's population as far away as possible."

---------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I don’t know how much more energy we can get before he recovers, but I’ll try.” Kolt said, as he started using the drones arms to shovel more ice into it’s mouth. ”And Predator? If our energy goes below five percent, I want you to teleport everyone but me up to the Beacon.”
”KOLT!”
”What!? I’m not going to ask him to sacrifice himself if I’m not willing to do the same!”
”Oh trust me, I know full well how willing you are to sacrifice yourself!” They went back and forth like this as they shoveled more ice into the Predators mouth. It was clear that this wasn’t the first time they’d had this discussion.


The droid consumed the small amount of ice while considering what Kolt was saying. "I appreciate your offer. However, if I send any of you away, I send all of you away."

+10% power

Deske Wrote:
"Kolt I am pretty sure Hive can make a continuously updating backup of Predator. I do not think there is any reason to needlessly kill yourself," Ulrich stated as he worked out a way to reduce energy cost by deflecting shots instead of directly absorbing them like what happened with the initial punch.


"Actually, Ulrich... I can't back him up. He became sentient today because of a glitch in a recent update. I can't replicate the error, and I don't fully know what long term effects it will have on his AI, so I can't ethically reproduce it even if I physically could." Hivemind said in their collective mind. "As such, treat him like one of your team, because right now that's exactly what he is."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I, um, could try," Jaken said hesitantly, "but shouldn't we, like, eat a building or a large tank first? I know where there's a crashed shuttle." He pointed the drone towards it. "That could give us a lot of power, right?" Without quite knowing how he tapped into Traci's speed and they arrived at the downed vehicle. "Uh, sorry," he said uncertainly.


The Predator drone took a good look at the Albatross. "I cannot download that. It is too big. Attempting to take in that much energy could result in the power core overloading."

-6% power

Buster Wrote:
"wait, can you move those portals once their open? like say, open a portal infront of his hand, shift it up to his shoulder then close it? cause meat is probably a better fuel than ice."


"Taking a bite out of him for a change might make me feel better." The Predator growled.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Yeah, I can move them," Jaken confirmed. "Don't know if I can shut them like that but I can try? But, um, I'd like us t have more power before we do?" He 'looked' at the wreckage. "Might be too big. Perhaps that other... I'm going to stop talking now," he said as they arrived at the Juggernaut wreckage.


"Pick a location, please! The super speed drains a lot of power we don't have!" He said before looking down at the Juggernaut in the ditch. "That is much more manageable." The Predator opened it's mouth and fired the beam of light at the crashed UGV. The Juggernaut glowed brightly, then shrank into nothing as the light flowed into the Predator. "That's so much better. I wonder if this is what organics feel like when they get full..."

+94% Power
Power over capacity. Venting extra power into shields.
+15% Shields
Overshields activated.

- - - - -

Buster Wrote:
[Point Defense battery 01: offline, maintainance mode]
[Point Defense battery 02: online, target locked]
[Offensive missile battery 01: online, target locked]


>Gimmie another 45 seconds and this one'll be up too.

Deske Wrote:
Chris waited the 45 seconds and as soon as the Predator drone raced away and the turret had been rearmed, he fired.


The Warlord still hadn't moved, making him an easy target for MT's targeting system as the missiles launched. They flew over the buildings and over the heads of the Varanian soldiers in the streets below before zeroing in on the orb in the Warlord's stomach.

The missiles struck one after another. The ice shattered in a wave and a fireball mixed with a cloud of steam erupted into the air, engulfing the Warlord.

The fireball started to shrink quickly, as if it was being sucked out of the air. It soon became clear that was exactly what was happening as the flames vanished into the Warlord's unnaturally dark, cavernous throat. Even after the beast had swallowed all of the fire, it's jaw hung open, the lower mandible split in two. The Warlord no longer looked anything like the strong Varanian he once was. What stood in the bay, large dark and pulsing with wicked power, was a monster. The abomination stood even taller than the Warlord did before. It looked like some sort of freakish mix of a snake, a varanian, and a famished wolf. It's eyes were sunken and cold, and pitch black save for specks of acid green light shining in their depths. The creature's maw was packed full of serrated, inward facing teeth.

The abomination tilted it's head to the sky and took a deep, rattling breath as if trying to suck something out of the air. The Varanians in the area who had been watching the fight started getting weak. Then, one by one, they fell to the ground. The abomination continued siphoning the air. Shimmering whisps leaked from the Varanian soldiers hearts, clinging to their scaly bodies before they broke away, carried by a wind that wasn't there before being sucked into the abomination. The orb was screaming even louder, but this time the screams were deep, hissing cries of hundreds of Varanians.

The abomination ceased and the remaining Varanian soldiers either fled in panic, or tried to wake their comatose brothers-in-arms to no effect. The Warlord was now a full proto-avatar. It was bigger and stronger than ever, and whatever it took from those soldiers, it made the Warlord nearly invincible.

Summary:
Shields: 108%
Power: 100%

Warlord Status: Proto-Avatar. Invulnerable to conventional attacks. Juggernaut.

Allies arrive next turn.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3878
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"... ..."

"Hey MT do you, uh... Do you still have that planet buster? Can you run me some numbers on the effectiveness of it in this scenario? I'm pretty sure I'm missing a 0 somewhere, but I figure we have somewhere between not effective and very not effective at this point."

-------

"Here is hoping it does not come to that then. We have not lost any team members yet and I do not think any of us expect to today."

-------

Romeo shook his head, "No, just waiting on someone. Interested in seeing their recovery and such." He waited for a few more minutes before he noticed a certain vixen exit one of the rooms, "And there she is." He headed over to Hannabelle, "Much better actually. In fact, it looks like whoever fixed you up did much more than fixing your ribs."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:08 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3947
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Um... perhaps now is a better time to try portaling him apart?"

>I don't suppose anyone has 30 grams of rittrium and promethium on them?
>We are NOT setting off a rift bomb planet side. the cascade would eat most of the continent, and probably start an Extinction Event.
>At this rate, so will he.

_________________
"The real question is who pulls off the dude in a dress look better, Asriel or Ralsei?"

Characters


Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9881
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"It'd be against Colorado's best interests," Sana offered as explanation to Denver. "and sure thing, Hive."
-----------------------------------
Corp watched the fur fly and the Cat bolt. "Certainly did," he said. "My lot have only been this size for a couple of centuries and, thanks to Feline protests around the time, the little guys are still to be found. Agencies use them as spies."
----------------------------------
"Um," Jaken said, "I'll try. And sorry about zipping. I don't really know what I'm doing with other peoples' powers, Mr drone." He concentrated on opening a portal behind the warlord with an exit roughly half a mile straight up (just in case) and, grunting, pulled it forward over the back of the Warlord. Then he tried to close it.
----------------------------------
"He's become a what now," Dragere asked, eyes a little wider than before.
---------------------------------
"Better health," Hannabelle warned Hive and Romeo with a sly grin, "does not always make a better mood. I remain as caustic as soda. Good of you to ask."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:20 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1203
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana was quite upset by the Warlord's advanced stage of avatar control, sending a barrage of freezing grenades to hold the Warlord still if anything. Plus, she didn't like his treatment of his soldiers as backup energy. "Talk about a bad boss! Is anything gonna actually stop this guy?! Like, would anything short of throwing him into a star or black hole keep him down at this point?"

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9881
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Hive," Jennys' voice said, "if we got a message from inside with that scan, can you send a message back? If you can, try this message. 'We hear you and we're coming for you but we need your help to rescue you. There are things you can do that we cannot. If you arestill there, he needs you there for your power so use that against him.
Use yourr will,your greed, if need be, for freedom to deny him access to your abilities and restrain him from the inside. Evry erg of strength he has to use to power himself will aid us in this fight. We're told they 'respect' strength. So show you still have strength. Show you still have fight. Show that you will NOT be ignored. Earn the respect due you. You've been waiting for this. You have your chance and it is us! WE have one chance and that is YOU! Now you need to fight!' Send them that, Hive.
"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:16 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2326
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"He's become a what now," Dragere asked, eyes a little wider than before.


"He's become a vessel for the demon spirit of greed. A spirit which, frankly, has likely been gaining power on Celica for a long time. I believe it was just waiting for an appropriately powerful body and spirit to possess. The demon has powers of it's own, powers it grants it's host. Already the Warlord has demonstrated the power to apparently siphon spirits straight from living victims en-masse. That is what we are trying to stop, that is why we need to be prepared to evacuate the entire planet, and that is why you need to keep your soldiers as far away from the Warlord fight as possible because the Warlord will rip their ghosts from their bodies and use them to fortify himself."

---------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Better health," Hannabelle warned Hive and Romeo with a sly grin, "does not always make a better mood. I remain as caustic as soda. Good of you to ask."


"Not necessarily, but I bet it helps. You'll be able to keep up with your grandkids for quite a while longer. Especially if you schedule regular therapy."

---------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp watched the fur fly and the Cat bolt. "Certainly did," he said. "My lot have only been this size for a couple of centuries and, thanks to Feline protests around the time, the little guys are still to be found. Agencies use them as spies."


"They don't hunt you guys anymore though, right? I have to ask because if I took in anyone who might consider small sentient species to be potential food sources..." He began, trailing off.

---------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"... ..."

"Hey MT do you, uh... Do you still have that planet buster? Can you run me some numbers on the effectiveness of it in this scenario? I'm pretty sure I'm missing a 0 somewhere, but I figure we have somewhere between not effective and very not effective at this point."


"There are two scenarios that can arise from that action. There is a fifty percent chance that it works and destroys the Warlord, but also sets fire to the atmosphere and kills all life on this planet, including our team. The alternative is the Warlord absorbs the shot like it's absorbed literally every other energy based attack we've thrown at it, and we still light the atmosphere on fire."

---------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"Um... perhaps now is a better time to try portaling him apart?"

>I don't suppose anyone has 30 grams of rittrium and promethium on them?
>We are NOT setting off a rift bomb planet side. the cascade would eat most of the continent, and probably start an Extinction Event.
>At this rate, so will he.


>You will not detonate any sort of planet buster or rift bomb on that planet. We're trying to save it for crying out loud.
>As long as he is still in proto-avatar state, he can be defeated without blowing up the planet. If he becomes an avatar, then the rift bomb won't work anyway.


Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Um," Jaken said, "I'll try. And sorry about zipping. I don't really know what I'm doing with other peoples' powers, Mr drone." He concentrated on opening a portal behind the warlord with an exit roughly half a mile straight up (just in case) and, grunting, pulled it forward over the back of the Warlord. Then he tried to close it.


Either Jaken's portals can't preform portal cuts, or the Warlord is too durable for them to work. (ooc: It's the former. No portal cuts was the condition of keeping Jaken's power a 5)

-5% Power

The Warlord started charging, getting on all fours and sprinting like a feral beast.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana was quite upset by the Warlord's advanced stage of avatar control, sending a barrage of freezing grenades to hold the Warlord still if anything. Plus, she didn't like his treatment of his soldiers as backup energy. "Talk about a bad boss! Is anything gonna actually stop this guy?! Like, would anything short of throwing him into a star or black hole keep him down at this point?"


"The way things are going I'm wondering if he just wouldn't eat the star or black hole."

The Warlord wasn't slowing. It plowed right through the ice grenades without stopping for even a moment.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Hive," Jennys' voice said, "if we got a message from inside with that scan, can you send a message back? If you can, try this message. 'We hear you and we're coming for you but we need your help to rescue you. There are things you can do that we cannot. If you arestill there, he needs you there for your power so use that against him.
Use yourr will,your greed, if need be, for freedom to deny him access to your abilities and restrain him from the inside. Evry erg of strength he has to use to power himself will aid us in this fight. We're told they 'respect' strength. So show you still have strength. Show you still have fight. Show that you will NOT be ignored. Earn the respect due you. You've been waiting for this. You have your chance and it is us! WE have one chance and that is YOU! Now you need to fight!' Send them that, Hive.
"


"That... might actually work! Just hold on for a minute. Keep him busy, don't get eaten and I'll try to get the message to the people in the orb."

Keeping the Warlord busy without getting eaten by it was looking increasingly difficult. The mutated Varanian was moving faster than ever, sprinting head on before lunging jaws wide open...

The building next to them exploded in a shower of glass and metal and concrete as something tall, massive, and coated in metal armor blast through it like a cannonball. It flew through the air and slammed straight into the Warlord. The impact sent out a shockwave that blasted the Predator drone off of it's feet and shattered every window on the block. The Warlord, knocked flying by the strike, sailed through the air along a perpendicular street until it struck a building on the other side of the block with enough force to plow straight through it.

The Predator got up and tried to assess what had happened. It was Titan, having finally reunited with the rest of the team.

Summary:

Shields: 108%
Power: 95%

Warlord Status: Proto-Avatar. Invulnerable to conventional attacks. Apparently not quite a total juggernaut.

Titan has arrived.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3947
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Wait, that speed wasn't yours it was- oh..." kol's delayed reaction to jaken having activated traci's speed kicked in as a plan appeared in her mind.

jaken's portals might not be able to cut him apart, but they could still portal him apart in a way... they just had to use them as shackles instead of knives.

thinking back to how Predator's body had felt when jaken opened the test portal and moved it around, she did her best to recreate that feeling, hijacking control of his power and made five more. unknowingly using the fact that their body had half a dozen minds to spread the mental load beyond what should have been her teamate's limit. the entrances quickly slipping over as many of the warlords arms legs and tail as she could pin down, while the exits were 20' in the air and another 20' away from anything. as long as they didn't try to close them and make the limbs snap back to where they belonged like the first one, he could flail all he wanted but nothing would be in reach. now she just needed to focus on keeping them open as long as possible.

"Help please... you're... much better... at controlling these... than me..." her mental voice seems strained...

_________________
"The real question is who pulls off the dude in a dress look better, Asriel or Ralsei?"

Characters


Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3150
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt and Quint immediately moved to help Kol with the mental strain, each of them maintaining one of the portals. ”I don’t care if this doesn’t work, you’re a genius Kol. He said, his mental voice sounding strained from maintaining a power he’d never used before.
-
”No, they stopped doing that once it became murder.” Liz said as she shifted back into her human form. ”And it took quite a while for that to happen. People didn’t exactly give animals a lot of rights for a long time, and it was met with a lot of resistance when they did. Though that’s all ancient history at this point.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9881
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Whoa," Jaken breathed as the Titan made its arrival, "Hello, sir! Um, yeah," he added, working out what Kol was up to. He added his mind to the matter, paying particular attention to the portal around the Warlords' head..
---------------------
Jenny put her mind to the task whilst waiting to hear what happened with the signal.
--------------------
Corp decided he needed to try something and took off one of his gauntlets. "I'm probably going to regret this," he said before kneeling fairly close to the spooked cat and trying to think calm thoughts to coax the cat out as he gently extended the handpaw towards it in an nonthreatening manner. "It's alright," he said, "you're quite safe.
Nothing to be scared of here..
"
--------------------
"If I hit my head on that bulkhead," Dragere said, pointing to a nearby wall, "am I going to wake up and find it's this morning?"
-------------------
"Always gotta be something to look forward to, hmm?" Hannabelle gave a grin. "And, when we save the government and they owe me a favour, I might get 'someone' appointed as a senior finance official. I'd never see him again..."
-------------------
Keeva walked the halls, getting a little lost as she headed for a cafe.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:02 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12929
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah took a seat at the table. Naw, hun," she told Cailean, "Noodles gi' youse energy, pet." An' I'll take tea, ta, Hen, she signed to Conall.

Cailean spoons noodles into three mugs and passes them around. "We'll all need our energy, Ah think." he opines.
"Tea it is. Haow dae ye tak' it?"

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"One of each of us should focus on specific portals, while someone else gathers ice for power." Rika chimed in, somewhat out of the blue since she's been quiet the whole time. "This will drain our power completely if we don't continuously refuel."

----------
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Keeva walked the halls, getting a little lost as she headed for a cafe.

"Hey, need some directions?.." Called a familiar voice, before an arm wrapped around her waist and the smiling face of Dan propped itself on one of her shoulders. "..Or maybe some company?"

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:16 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1203
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Not seeing much else that she could do, Tatiana reached out with telekinesis, bringing as much debris and destroyed objects as she could, though moderated to not use too much power at once, towards Predator. "Alright! Hope you're hungry Predator cause I'm bringing in the buffet! Hopefully this can balance out the portal use and Titan can capitalize or something!"

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:37 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2326
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp decided he needed to try something and took off one of his gauntlets. "I'm probably going to regret this," he said before kneeling fairly close to the spooked cat and trying to think calm thoughts to coax the cat out as he gently extended the handpaw towards it in an nonthreatening manner. "It's alright," he said, "you're quite safe.
Nothing to be scared of here..
"


The cat growled at first, but then stood up, walked over to Corp's hand. She gave it a couple sniffs, then bumped her forehead against his hand. She sat down, purred slightly, tapped his hand some more with her paw, then nudged him as if to ask for ear scratches.

"Seems Snowball likes you."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”No, they stopped doing that once it became murder.” Liz said as she shifted back into her human form. ”And it took quite a while for that to happen. People didn’t exactly give animals a lot of rights for a long time, and it was met with a lot of resistance when they did. Though that’s all ancient history at this point.”


"Change like that is always met with resistance." Hivemind said, nodding. "People who like the way things are refuse to make a change that inconveniences them, no matter how many people who aren't them will be helped or saved by that change."

------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"If I hit my head on that bulkhead," Dragere said, pointing to a nearby wall, "am I going to wake up and find it's this morning?"


"If I had a credit for every time I've hoped the same, I wouldn't need the 55 cancri e diamond mines. Unfortunately, we are both fully awake. This isn't a nightmare, as much as it feels like one. This is real."

------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Always gotta be something to look forward to, hmm?" Hannabelle gave a grin. "And, when we save the government and they owe me a favour, I might get 'someone' appointed as a senior finance official. I'd never see him again..."


"I can't imagine he'd appreciate that." Hivemind laughed.

------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"Wait, that speed wasn't yours it was- oh..." kol's delayed reaction to jaken having activated traci's speed kicked in as a plan appeared in her mind.

jaken's portals might not be able to cut him apart, but they could still portal him apart in a way... they just had to use them as shackles instead of knives.

thinking back to how Predator's body had felt when jaken opened the test portal and moved it around, she did her best to recreate that feeling, hijacking control of his power and made five more. unknowingly using the fact that their body had half a dozen minds to spread the mental load beyond what should have been her teamate's limit. the entrances quickly slipping over as many of the warlords arms legs and tail as she could pin down, while the exits were 20' in the air and another 20' away from anything. as long as they didn't try to close them and make the limbs snap back to where they belonged like the first one, he could flail all he wanted but nothing would be in reach. now she just needed to focus on keeping them open as long as possible.

"Help please... you're... much better... at controlling these... than me..." her mental voice seems strained...

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt and Quint immediately moved to help Kol with the mental strain, each of them maintaining one of the portals. ”I don’t care if this doesn’t work, you’re a genius Kol. He said, his mental voice sounding strained from maintaining a power he’d never used before.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Whoa," Jaken breathed as the Titan made its arrival, "Hello, sir! Um, yeah," he added, working out what Kol was up to. He added his mind to the matter, paying particular attention to the portal around the Warlords' head..
---------------------
Jenny put her mind to the task whilst waiting to hear what happened with the signal.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
"One of each of us should focus on specific portals, while someone else gathers ice for power." Rika chimed in, somewhat out of the blue since she's been quiet the whole time. "This will drain our power completely if we don't continuously refuel."

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Not seeing much else that she could do, Tatiana reached out with telekinesis, bringing as much debris and destroyed objects as she could, though moderated to not use too much power at once, towards Predator. "Alright! Hope you're hungry Predator cause I'm bringing in the buffet! Hopefully this can balance out the portal use and Titan can capitalize or something!"


-6% Power (30% - 36% per turn)

The Warlord found himself stuck for the moment due to the combined restraining effects of six stationary portals. The Predator was suffering a net loss of power, but it was largely balanced by the matter it was consuming.

In the meantime, Titan was charging. The Champion launched off of the ground with a bang, sailed through the air, and landed with both legs kicking downward on the Warlord's chest. The impact shattered the ground beneath them, and something let out a loud crack from within the Warlord's chest. Titan continued beating the heck out of the Warlord while he was restrained on the ground. The first punch caused cracks to shoot out across the ground. The next caused more cracks. By the fourth punch, the ground beneath the Warlord was gravel. Then it was sand.

The orb started screaming again. It was a scream that hadn't been heard since the Warlord first arrived. He was opening a portal, or rather, forcing an already existing portal to open, freeing his right arm. He reached down to his chest, grabbed Titan, and hurled them straight into a building, embedding the champion in the wall. Then, he started working on the other portals.

"Guys, bad news. I can't get the signal through." Hivemind's voice said to the team. "That thing is acting like a one way funnel. Only way they'd be able to get the signal would be if it came from the other side of the orb, or if the orb actively absorbs the data somehow."

Summary:

Shields: 108%
Power: 89%

Warlord Status: Proto-Avatar. Bloodied. Broken ribs. Ticked off.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:33 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3947
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
releasing the portal he'd tampered with and cutting it off from their power flow, kol tried to replace it and get the new one in position as fast as she could.

_________________
"The real question is who pulls off the dude in a dress look better, Asriel or Ralsei?"

Characters


Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9881
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Well, that'd ruin my rep," Corp said wryly, very cautiously giving Snowball a scritch behind the ears.
-------------------------------
"Hey, love," Keeva said, reaching behind herself with her real arm and unknowingly mimicking Corps' actions with her boyfriend whilst her artificial hand gently laid atop Dan's hand. "Thought you were going to sleep until noon?"
------------------------------
"How do you mean 'from behind' the Orb, Hive," Jenny asked as she picked up a small car that had, so far, survived the attack. She pondered how this would go down on an insurance claim.
-----------------------------
"I could... always try..." Jaken said, the accumulated strain still getting to him despite the boost of so much help, "opening a portal behind the... gem but... Oh, hey Miss Rika!" The voice seemed to gain some confidence. "But I can't say... how long I can hold it. Might, uh, try to send the message through it, Mr Hive?" So saying he strained to open a new portal leading 'behind' the orb with the other end being off to their left.
-----------------------------
"Wi' a bit've milk, ta," Sarah told Conall. "Breekfast've champions," she advised Cailean, holding up her noodled mug for a clinking.
----------------------------
"Course," Hannabelle continued, "lose him and I'd lose them too... Did you deal with the Golten problem, Hive? The, uh, clairvoyance bit?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3878
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I love a good zero percent chance of success anyway," Chris said, not really having any other ideas.

------

"Glad to see you're okay," Romeo said with a smile before turning back towards the reception desk and asking if he could see some of the others that him and his clones had patched up on the ship.

------

Ulrich didn't really know what he could do so he just tried to help Kol with stabilizing the new portal.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Hey, love," Keeva said, reaching behind herself with her real arm and unknowingly mimicking Corps' actions with her boyfriend whilst her artificial hand gently laid atop Dan's hand. "Thought you were going to sleep until noon?"

"I was going to, but I woke up a little while after you left. I guess I couldn't sleep without you.." Dan replied, giving his girlfriend a kiss on the cheek after he spoke. "..So, what've you been up to with Hivemind, hmm? I heard you helped him with something." He added, releasing his grip a little so Keeva could move if she wanted.

-----

Rika kept back and let everyone focus, thinking through some ideas she had about maybe adding a grenade-launcher to her own personal kit..

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3150
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt and Quint tried not to worry about the Warlord breaking out of one of their portals, instead focusing on maintaining the portals they still had. ”Could that thing you used to absorb us help? Like, reverse the output or something? I don’t know, my brain hurts right now.” He said, sounding less coherent under the strain.
-
”Honestly, I find the mental image of you going home after a hard day of being gruff and serious and fussing over a little cat to be hilarious.” Liz said, a faint smirk on her face. ”Maybe you should get one. Might make for some good stress relief.” She said, her tone making it obvious she was kidding.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2326
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, that'd ruin my rep," Corp said wryly, very cautiously giving Snowball a scritch behind the ears.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Honestly, I find the mental image of you going home after a hard day of being gruff and serious and fussing over a little cat to be hilarious.” Liz said, a faint smirk on her face. ”Maybe you should get one. Might make for some good stress relief.” She said, her tone making it obvious she was kidding.


"You know..." Hivemind started. He actually thought that might be a good idea. "Snowball is up for adoption. Previous family discovered the dad had a severe cat allergy. Cats are low maintenance family members and have been shown to reduce stress levels."

Snowball, meanwhile, continued purring and brushing against Corp's hand.

----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Hey, love," Keeva said, reaching behind herself with her real arm and unknowingly mimicking Corps' actions with her boyfriend whilst her artificial hand gently laid atop Dan's hand. "Thought you were going to sleep until noon?"

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
"I was going to, but I woke up a little while after you left. I guess I couldn't sleep without you.." Dan replied, giving his girlfriend a kiss on the cheek after he spoke. "..So, what've you been up to with Hivemind, hmm? I heard you helped him with something." He added, releasing his grip a little so Keeva could move if she wanted.


A very old fashioned clock nearby started chiming. It showed it was five o-clock in the afternoon.

----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Course," Hannabelle continued, "lose him and I'd lose them too... Did you deal with the Golten problem, Hive? The, uh, clairvoyance bit?"


"For now. I boosted his limiters so that he can't see outside of the Beacon. Once everything calms down, your family wanted to talk with the Steeles about what it's like to raise a super-powered kid. What did you mean by that first part?"

----------------------

Deske Wrote:
"Glad to see you're okay," Romeo said with a smile before turning back towards the reception desk and asking if he could see some of the others that him and his clones had patched up on the ship.


Once Hivemind confirmed that Romeo was a certified and licensed medical doctor, the receptionist let him past, and a hive droid led him down the hall. "Anyone in particular you wanted to check up on?"

----------------------

Buster Wrote:
releasing the portal he'd tampered with and cutting it off from their power flow, kol tried to replace it and get the new one in position as fast as she could.


The Warlord, now aware of what the team was doing, slashed at the new portal with his own portal generating claws, cutting the hole too wide to lock his arm in again. He quickly started working on the portal trapping his other arm.

-5% Power

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"How do you mean 'from behind' the Orb, Hive," Jenny asked as she picked up a small car that had, so far, survived the attack. She pondered how this would go down on an insurance claim.
-----------------------------
"I could... always try..." Jaken said, the accumulated strain still getting to him despite the boost of so much help, "opening a portal behind the... gem but... Oh, hey Miss Rika!" The voice seemed to gain some confidence. "But I can't say... how long I can hold it. Might, uh, try to send the message through it, Mr Hive?" So saying he strained to open a new portal leading 'behind' the orb with the other end being off to their left.


Hivemind was about to inform Jenny about what he meant when Jaken opened the portal into the Warlord's stomach again. "Broadcasting the signal through the portal. Predator, try to aim the signal at the orb."

The predator looked into the portal. Good grief you could fit the whole city in here... he thought to himself. It was easy to find the orb as whatever odd spacial manipulation Cupiditas did in there to make it bigger on the inside also made the orb bigger on the inside. He quickly sent the signal and pulled out.

"Hopefully that will inspire the people trapped in that orb to at the very least resist. There might even be enough souls in there to form a formidable resistance."

Meanwhile, the Warlord had gotten his other arm free and was prying the portal around his neck open.

-5% Power

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt and Quint tried not to worry about the Warlord breaking out of one of their portals, instead focusing on maintaining the portals they still had. ”Could that thing you used to absorb us help? Like, reverse the output or something? I don’t know, my brain hurts right now.” He said, sounding less coherent under the strain.


The strain the team was under started to show. The Warlord met less resistance with each portal he sabotaged. Once his head was free, he gave a furious look at the Predator drone. The orb started screaming again, but it sounded different. Angrier. More desperate, even determined. The Warlord's eyes glowed as he prepared to unleash his most powerful laser blast yet.

The orb flashed red for less than a second. The Warlord's eyes started smoking, then, with a loud BOOM, the power built up in the Warlord's eyes detonated in a fiery explosion. The Warlord screeched in wild, savage pain as it flailed blindly into everything around it before tripping over the portals and falling onto and flattening an abandoned coffee shop.

The Warlord got up as quickly as he could to avoid being locked in place again. It was at this point Cupiditas, having gained enough power in the Warlord, decided to take a more direct route to things.

Things got dark quickly. The shadows rushed in from all directions as the sun itself was eclipsed by the demon's influence.

- - - - -

(Kolt only)
"You... You believe you are free of me... You are not." The devil spoke this in Kolt's mind, and only his. "I know... What you desire... It is noble... But I wonder... How much are you willing to give up... To get them back? Such innocent youths... cut down so early... I can recall them... Bring them back... I have the power... You know I do..."

- - - - -

(Kol only)
"You never asked to be here... What is it you are fighting for? It is not your own survival... No... It is more than that... The survival of your people... You kill so your family may live... You have seen it is possible for your people to prosper... I could give you those secrets... All you must do... is give up."

- - - - -

(Kobor and Talya)
"You do not belong here... You do not wish to be here... In this world of gods and demons... Taking orders from a sentimental and naive fool... I could send you home... I could give you anything you wish... But you must do something for me first..."

- - - - -

Summary

Shields: 108%
Power: 79%

Warlord Status: Proto-Avatar. Temporarily blinded.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:30 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3947
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
And let this world's screwed up overpowered version of psychers follow me back? Not a chance. I know a devil's bargain when I hear one. Kobor thought, trying to deny to himself how tempting being rid of this mad house was...

still, bringing one of those... things... Not gods, that was impossible, but whatever they were, across to a galaxy where physics' rules weren't casually treated like polite suggestions every five minutes would be an absolute disaster. Definitely not worth the risk.

Given Kitchner fields and interdictors don't work properly here, the probability that their physics breaking doesn't work on the other side either is actually pretty reasonable.

...Probably not worth the risk.

>Next salvo's ready. Don't know if it'll be much more than a distraction though.

- - - - - -

"I am a Warrior, and I'm still drawing breath. Don't mistake a lapse for cowardice." Kol growled venously, as if there was someone else inside preadator's virtual space that had just insulted her. Apparently being angry enough either canceling out the oncoming migraine from hijacking her teammates abilities, or just making her not care.

and it seems she intends to take it out on the warlord.

Blinking back about a kilometer, both as a wasted effort to get out of the path of the aborted attack and to get a run up before introducing the warlord's right kidney to a drill-punch with Preadator's mass moving at mach-5 worth of inertia behind it, before immediately blinking away so the others can scavenge fuel, as that probably ate a TON of power.

Also apparently you can collapse from exhaustion in cyberspace.

_________________
"The real question is who pulls off the dude in a dress look better, Asriel or Ralsei?"

Characters


Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:28 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1203
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana was caught off guard by Kol's control over Predator, and while confused over her words, chose to ignore it for the most part. Instead she noted Titan's lack of appearance in the current moment and figured he might need help dislodging from the wall and began pulling on him with the telekinesis. The more Titan was in the fight, she reasoned, the faster it would be over.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9881
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"It'd mean no Mouse flavour Cat food," Corp advised the feline as he continued to pet her, "and not hating the Captain."
------------------------
"Guess you DID slee until noon," Keeva grinned. "Looks like I lost track of time helping Hivemind out with the droids. Giving them checkovers."
((And Sarah and co need to do a 'catchup' post...))
-----------------------
"Good, good. He'll probably listen to them more than anyone else," Hannabelle admitted. "Oh," she added, "just that, if I got him a government job, they'd stay with him." She sighed. "I suppose I can tolerate him being around me. Might even get to like him one day. A world of great physical specimens and she mates with an accountant..." She shook her head. "Nevermind. How's the fight and what can I do to help?"
-----------------------
Dragere got to work, pulling the remaining Celican navy ships back from patrols and deep space exercises to aid in the situation and make initial preparations.
----------------------
"Does anyone... want to put sharp and pointy things... into this portal and pull things... out?" Jaken asked, clearly straining as he moved one side of the portal leading to inside the warlord so the entry point was right in front of them. "Whilst I have it open, I mean," he added, clearly sounding exhausted.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1131
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
A very old fashioned clock nearby started chiming. It showed it was five o-clock in the afternoon.
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Guess you DID sleep until noon," Keeva grinned. "Looks like I lost track of time helping Hivemind out with the droids. Giving them checkovers."

"Huh, well.. Better late than never." Dan said flatly. "Wait, droids? You mean he has more!? Well, with a name like 'hivemind' I guessed he had a few of those robots but- A-anyway, what are they like? Complex? Simple? Are the pivots servo-based or do they use gyroscopes? Is there any similarities with technology that we know? Oh! We should talk about it over food, c'mon! The cafe is just over this way!" Dan said hurriedly, quickly moving around his mate and taking her artificial hand to lead her along.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:23 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12929
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Wi' a bit've milk, ta," Sarah told Conall. "Breekfast've champions," she advised Cailean, holding up her noodled mug for a clinking.

Cailean clinks mugs with Sarah and then accepts his drink from Conall even as the older dog offers Sarah hers.
"Yer health, Sarah." the Laird signs before hefting his own mug and sipping.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3150
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Eh, two outta five. You get points for offering me something I want, but you lose them for not realizing how insulting to their memory it would be to accept an offer from someone like you.” Kolt said, seeming more annoyed by the offer than anything. ”Also, in case anyone didn’t hear that, this guy is trying the same thing that his bro..... huh.” He paused, realizing something. ”Actually, what IS your relationship with Odium? Are you siblings? Cousins? Do you even consider your relationship a familial one?
-
”I mean, I don’t have a problem taking care of her, but I don’t feel like we’re the right family for her.” Liz said, seeming uncomfortable for some reason. ”I mean, none of us have experience taking care of a creature like that, because they don’t exist in our universe. Some of the colonies have reported encounters with creatures with similar behavioral patterns, but they weren’t taken on as pets. She’d be better off with someone who actually knows how to take care of her.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9881
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Wonder... why it's not tried on me," Jaken asked.
"Probably because you're like me," Jenny replied absently. "You wanted family, safety and a bit of payback. You, more than anyone, have got all that in the last day or so. Keep that in mind. It's your armour."
--------------------------------------
"I know all of that, Captain, and I totally agree with you," Corp said, unsure of things. "And I know a lot wouldn't take it well but I think this thing... trusts us. And I... really don't know what that means in this case."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:29 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2326
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"It'd mean no Mouse flavour Cat food," Corp advised the feline as he continued to pet her, "and not hating the Captain."


"Snowball likes Chicken and Shrimp shredded cat food, actually. I've never heard of mouse flavored cat food..."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I mean, I don’t have a problem taking care of her, but I don’t feel like we’re the right family for her.” Liz said, seeming uncomfortable for some reason. ”I mean, none of us have experience taking care of a creature like that, because they don’t exist in our universe. Some of the colonies have reported encounters with creatures with similar behavioral patterns, but they weren’t taken on as pets. She’d be better off with someone who actually knows how to take care of her.”


"To be fair, I did say "adopt" and not "buy". Pets are not considered property on the Beacon. They're more like family that need taking care of. Cats are fairly easy. Put some food in a bowl for them a few times a day, make sure they have access to water, give them a scratching post so they don't tear the heck out of the furniture, some toys so they've got something to keep them busy, and make sure they have access to a self-cleaning litter box." Hivemind listed the big things one must have to make a cat happy. "Cats are good at taking care of themselves, so as long as you've got that stuff available and where Snowball can reach it, she'll be happy."

--------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Good, good. He'll probably listen to them more than anyone else," Hannabelle admitted. "Oh," she added, "just that, if I got him a government job, they'd stay with him." She sighed. "I suppose I can tolerate him being around me. Might even get to like him one day. A world of great physical specimens and she mates with an accountant..." She shook her head. "Nevermind. How's the fight and what can I do to help?"


"Oh... I thought you were talking about someone else. Anyway, there isn't much you can do with the fight right now. One way or another, it's almost over. By the time you get there, either the Warlord will already be defeated, or he'll have already won. Nothing to do right now but wait." Hivemind said.

--------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Dragere got to work, pulling the remaining Celican navy ships back from patrols and deep space exercises to aid in the situation and make initial preparations.


Hivemind assisted where he could, and requested all available allies to do the same.

--------------------

Buster Wrote:
And let this world's screwed up overpowered version of psychers follow me back? Not a chance. I know a devil's bargain when I hear one. Kobor thought, trying to deny to himself how tempting being rid of this mad house was...

still, bringing one of those... things... Not gods, that was impossible, but whatever they were, across to a galaxy where physics' rules weren't casually treated like polite suggestions every five minutes would be an absolute disaster. Definitely not worth the risk.

Given Kitchner fields and interdictors don't work properly here, the probability that their physics breaking doesn't work on the other side either is actually pretty reasonable.

...Probably not worth the risk.

>Next salvo's ready. Don't know if it'll be much more than a distraction though.


"You know me... in other ways... Heeheeheeh... you Kaal are... one of my favorite Species... People... Parasite... Plague... Unconstrained by human morality...... I am already in your universe... I was there when you first stole your intelligence...... I was there... during the war...... Each time you devour a mind and distort a body... I am there... helping it along..." The voice of the demon continued speaking. "I am Greed... I am selfishness... I am the desire to help oneself... no matter the cost. You already have served me... and have been rewarded. Do it again, and I will grant you whatever you desire... Even a way out of this "mad house" of a universe."

- - - - -

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Eh, two outta five. You get points for offering me something I want, but you lose them for not realizing how insulting to their memory it would be to accept an offer from someone like you.” Kolt said, seeming more annoyed by the offer than anything. ”Also, in case anyone didn’t hear that, this guy is trying the same thing that his bro..... huh.” He paused, realizing something. ”Actually, what IS your relationship with Odium? Are you siblings? Cousins? Do you even consider your relationship a familial one?


"Does that matter? Once they are alive again... They will eventually GRAHH" The voice shouted and hissed as if it very suddenly had it's mind burned by something else in Kolt's.
"You heard him, Cupiditas. Beat it. His soul is not one you can tamper with." A second voice rang out in Kolt's head.

- - - - -

(Tatiana only)
"Ahh... The mercenary made "hero"... What are you even..."
"I thought I just told you to get lost."
"... A curious choice of a prize for you, Diligitis... Mercenaries are normally my property..."
"But heroes aren't. Leave her, or suffer."
"Now now... Threats are hardly... loving... are they?"
"It wasn't a threat. It was a warning."
"...You... Will pay for denying me my right to her soul..."
"Interesting. Here is what I think about your "Rights" Cupiditas."
The first voice let out a horrible, pained hissing sound before retreating back to the depths of Tatiana's mind from whence it came.

- - - - -

Buster Wrote:
"I am a Warrior, and I'm still drawing breath. Don't mistake a lapse for cowardice." Kol growled venously, as if there was someone else inside preadator's virtual space that had just insulted her. Apparently being angry enough either canceling out the oncoming migraine from hijacking her teammates abilities, or just making her not care.

and it seems she intends to take it out on the warlord.

Blinking back about a kilometer, both as a wasted effort to get out of the path of the aborted attack and to get a run up before introducing the warlord's right kidney to a drill-punch with Preadator's mass moving at mach-5 worth of inertia behind it, before immediately blinking away so the others can scavenge fuel, as that probably ate a TON of power.

Also apparently you can collapse from exhaustion in cyberspace.


The impact didn't pierce the Warlord's armored scales and corrupted, spiked fur, but the Predator's momentum was more than enough to send the Warlord sailing through the air, landing on the pavement and carving a trench in the ground as he slid.

-20% Power

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana was caught off guard by Kol's control over Predator, and while confused over her words, chose to ignore it for the most part. Instead she noted Titan's lack of appearance in the current moment and figured he might need help dislodging from the wall and began pulling on him with the telekinesis. The more Titan was in the fight, she reasoned, the faster it would be over.


Titan, it turned out, was no longer in the wall. The champion had dislodged themself from the wall on their own. Titan had uprooted a street light and was waiting at the end of the block like a baseball batter, waiting for the Warlord to slide in range. The perceptive might notice that Titan's gauntlets were missing.

As the Warlord skidded past, Titan swung the reinforced concrete bat at him.

BOOM!

The street light connected with the Warlord's head, sending out a shockwave that smashed the ground into sand, leveled a few nearby buildings, and turned the makeshift bat into powder. The Warlord rocketed into the air, spinning like a bullet, rising higher and higher as he went farther and farther, soaring clean over the highest buildings in the city before evening out and falling back to the ground.

The Warlord landed face-first in a field in the abandoned suburbs of the city. Titan dropped what was left of the street light, crouched down, and launched themself through the air after the Warlord.

Summary:

Shields: 108%
Power: 59%

Warlord Status: Proto-Avatar. Has a future as a makeshift baseball.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:19 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3947
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"You know me... in other ways... Heeheeheeh... you Kaal are... one of my favorite Species... People... Parasite... Plague... Unconstrained by human morality...... I am already in your universe... I was there when you first stole your intelligence...... I was there... during the war...... Each time you devour a mind and distort a body... I am there... helping it along..." The voice of the demon continued speaking. "I am Greed... I am selfishness... I am the desire to help oneself... no matter the cost. You already have served me... and have been rewarded. Do it again, and I will grant you whatever you desire... Even a way out of this "mad house" of a universe."

Okay, one, you're either a terrible liar, or Talya's theories about your limits are right. Cause if your kind existed on the other side, Psychers would have been discovered WAY earlier than four decades ago. and two, "greed" is one of humanity's aft-backwards moral assertions, not a person. A less developed species' flawed attempt to demonize aberrations in the instinct to stockpile, nothing more.

I'm done chatting with an idiot.


- - - - - - -

"Head hurts... someone else take point for a while..."

_________________
"The real question is who pulls off the dude in a dress look better, Asriel or Ralsei?"

Characters


Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.