Reply to topic  [ 2739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 69  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"Hmm... Well, the cloak wouldn't have helped you there, but Blink definitely would have. Armor Lock is only for heavy armor... Oh! Maybe you could try the jump pack! It makes you jump higher and even can boost you midair so it's like you jump twice!" Recon suggested. "That would have sent you right over their heads and to the other end of the arena before they could think."

"Huh, I'll definitely consider that.. I mostly use walls or other solid objects to propel myself upward if I need a height advantage, and I use gravity to help increase my speed too!" Traci replied. "Although, I don't usually need to be higher than my target, so I might not need it anyway.."

-----

CyberDragon Wrote:
Hivemind noticed that Rika wasn't as talkative as normal. "Hey... Rika. Are you alright?"

I'm fine, Hive, just focused.." She replied idly, finishing up with the father.

CyberDragon Wrote:
"I suppose dying warrants one day off." Nocturl joked. "But I need to check on the rest of my family. I'll catch up in a minute." With that Nocturl glided back to the room.

"Are my brother and dad alright?" He asked the medics. "And what's that lump of goo over there... oh. Oof... Well... well there's yer problem. Heh... Guess it's going to be closed casket then." He said, still maintaining his humor, though it seemed he was having some difficulty.

Rika stood up. "They're both stable, we should be able to move them out of here.." She glanced over at Nocurl's body. "You, on the other hand.." She looked away. "..It, of course, doesn't look good. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, there's a high chance you really are deceased.. I'm not sure what that means for.. What you currently are.." She said flatly before walking over to the body and checking for a pulse..

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:24 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2164
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Doctor Vanderbilt chuckled at Hiveminds joke, "See that's just the kind of dark humor we like on the medical side of things. Really helps to clear the air when you can make jokes and laugh about death." He stood up after having used the same solution to set his patients leg that he had used on practically every other broken bone outside of his medical bay. It would quickly bind to the bone that was left.


"It wasn't a joke." Hivemind said. "I'm only laughing because it's an excellent testament to how flipping weird my life is."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I’m sorry, could you repeat that? It sounded like you said your dead brother came back to life as a demigod.” Lewis said, a rather confused look on his face. A quick glance around the room would reveal he wasn’t the only one, as several of the crew who had over heard Hivemind were looking at him with either a confused or curious look on their face. ”Which, if you did, I wouldn’t be surprised, the multiple revelations of the past five minutes have left me kinda numb to that sort of thing, but I would like an explanation for how a dead person turns into a draconian demigod.”


"You heard right..." Hivemind replied. "The superhero known as The Dragon Knight, my brother, was originally the superhero known as the Good Samaritan before he stupidly got himself killed. Honestly, now that I think about it, the more I try to explain the more confused all of us will be, so let's just summarize the moral as 'Impossible isn't a thing here'. I will fix this ship."

---------------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Wait can you even feel sick? Also, not with me in here. I don't need latent feelings of vomit just because you don't like death.


Death isn't a problem. I'm a weapon of war. It's just... I don't think bodies are supposed to be that... squished.

---------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Andy led the way for the group from the bridge whether they liked it or not, racing ahead like a parkour expert, taking to the walls when the floor wasn't available due to people on it. Little could stop the young Squirrel, not even his mothers' calls to be careful and he vaulted the latest obstacle, a Fox-man, landed on the other side and kept going for the hull.
"What was that," Jaken asked a Hivemind drone after he felt the fur on his head part and saw the group coming.


"A hyperactive squirrel who might have developed super parkour powers." He replied, following the Squirrel and leading the survivors out.

---------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah took it in and made sure she kept a grip on the boy's handpaws. One each.


"It's a lot to take in. But the point is, absolutely no one is going to threaten your charges. I have no tolerance for violent crimes on my ship. Hence why I don't allow people to carry lethal firearms in the interior of the ship. If you need a defensive weapon, I would suggest a Stinger like what I have. It's non-lethal." The plating on his hip joint came apart to reveal the stun-gun like weapon, built to paralyze an opponent temporarily. The hip joint closed again.

---------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Big ship," Keeva understated as her group emerged into the artificial light.


"You don't know the half of it." The hive droid leading the group responded. "Come on. Your captain wants all of you to be tested for any powers your experience might have caused."

---------------------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
"Huh, I'll definitely consider that.. I mostly use walls or other solid objects to propel myself upward if I need a height advantage, and I use gravity to help increase my speed too!" Traci replied. "Although, I don't usually need to be higher than my target, so I might not need it anyway.."


"Well, I'd recommend it. In that situation back there, it would have let you jump over the people surrounding you and get out of that situation." Recon suggested.

---------------------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika stood up. "They're both stable, we should be able to move them out of here.." She glanced over at Nocurl's body. "You, on the other hand.." She looked away. "..It, of course, doesn't look good. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, there's a high chance you really are deceased.. I'm not sure what that means for.. What you currently are.." She said flatly before walking over to the body and checking for a pulse..


Rika would find that the pancake she was checking did not, in fact, have a pulse. "So... what's the diagnosis, doc? Will I ever be able to play the piano again?"

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Rika would find that the pancake she was checking did not, in fact, have a pulse. "So... what's the diagnosis, doc? Will I ever be able to play the piano again?"

Rika sighed, checking her watch a final time. "If you could before, you can't anymore.. I was correct in my assumption that you would be.." She trailed off, getting up and stepping over to the etheral canine with a sombre look in her eyes. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you.."

-----

CyberDragon Wrote:
"Well, I'd recommend it. In that situation back there, it would have let you jump over the people surrounding you and get out of that situation." Recon suggested.

Traci nodded again. "Alright, I'll try it on the next round." She said simply. "Thanks for your advice! Anyway, shall we continue to watch the others? Let's hope they're making a good plan down there.. Well, better than mine, at least.." She added, looking down into the arena.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jaken stared at the Hivedroid. "This ship is weird," he said. "Ghosts, mechs and spider-squirrels?" He shrugged and turned around. "I'll be outside. At least there it's only my government that's nuts."
"Running on the walls is a new thing," Doris agreed, wishing she'd got a new leg out of it. She thought hard and opened her eyes. "Still only the one," she sighed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle followed a droid on its' way to the hanger for triage duties. She'd learned a lot in her days, including how to use a scalpel in ways that Doctors would approve of AND ways that would horrify but she suspected she wasn't going to be trusted with anything sharper than a bandage.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We go through all them doors together," Sarah told the boys, signing for Conalls' benefit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp sighed. There was no-one left he could find in this area of the ship - no-one still living or ghosting anyway. He'd lost the ship and it was coming home to him now. The feeling of extreme despondency and despair that had him punching the wall in annoyance. The only thing that balanced it was the equally extreme happiness that so many had survived. It was a surprise to him. Almost as much of a surprise as the damage he did to the wall. He looked at the blade shaped patch of melted metal and, then, at the red blade extending from the back of his gauntlet. "Oh, like I ******* need THIS now!" He took several breaths, and shook his hand until it went away. Time to leave.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Tat," Jenny asked, "can you scope out a fast path to that building for us before things restart?" She pointed to the building she had in mind.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:52 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2164
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
~\Rook/~ Wrote:
CyberDragon Wrote:
Rika would find that the pancake she was checking did not, in fact, have a pulse. "So... what's the diagnosis, doc? Will I ever be able to play the piano again?"

Rika sighed, checking her watch a final time. "If you could before, you can't anymore.. I was correct in my assumption that you would be.." She trailed off, getting up and stepping over to the etheral canine with a sombre look in her eyes. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you.."


"Ah... well... I was kidding about the piano part, but now it's sinking in that I won't even get the chance to learn..." The ghost looked sad for a moment, but then put his joking face back on and smiled at Rika. "Don't be too hard on yourself. I knew I was dead the moment I started walking around without a body. You saved my dad and my brother, and for that I thank you."

----------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
CyberDragon Wrote:
"Well, I'd recommend it. In that situation back there, it would have let you jump over the people surrounding you and get out of that situation." Recon suggested.

Traci nodded again. "Alright, I'll try it on the next round." She said simply. "Thanks for your advice! Anyway, shall we continue to watch the others? Let's hope they're making a good plan down there.. Well, better than mine, at least.." She added, looking down into the arena.


Angel team went back to observing the people below as they planned out their strategy.

"I heard this team got some unexpected experience." The lizard-man commented.
"They did. Jobs for new teams are normally pretty straightforward, but things kept throwing twists at them."
"So what was it like, Traci?" Recon asked, not knowing fully that Traci joined that day. "Being a bunch of recruits going up against an archdemon and winning?"

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken stared at the Hivedroid. "This ship is weird," he said. "Ghosts, mechs and spider-squirrels?" He shrugged and turned around. "I'll be outside. At least there it's only my government that's nuts."
"Running on the walls is a new thing," Doris agreed, wishing she'd got a new leg out of it. She thought hard and opened her eyes. "Still only the one," she sighed.


"Jaken, I know you've been on this ship for less than 24 hours, but... you know the Beacon is weirder than this, right?" Hivemind replied to Jaken's comment before turning to Doris. "I apologize if it isn't tactful to bring up, but I couldn't help hear that. I should let you know Prosthesis are covered under the Beacon's public health care system."

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle followed a droid on its' way to the hanger for triage duties. She'd learned a lot in her days, including how to use a scalpel in ways that Doctors would approve of AND ways that would horrify but she suspected she wasn't going to be trusted with anything sharper than a bandage.


It was made very clear how little Hivemind actually trusted Hannabelle when she didn't even receive real bandages at the risk she might use them as a strangulation weapon. Instead, she was given small cans that produced measured amounts of a sort of non-toxic liquid bandage.

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"We go through all them doors together," Sarah told the boys, signing for Conalls' benefit.


"First thing's first, though. We need to test to see if any of you gained powers from your experience. It's Captain Liz's orders."

----------------------------

Chris, Hivemind just sent me a map of areas that are blocked off by debris. Many of these sections seem too unstable to use brute strength in. My energy sword would aid us in this,
however it's in the security office with the rest of my stuff. Given the cercumstances, I believe Corp will understand if we go retrieve it.
MT spoke to Chris.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3801
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Doctor Vanderbilt shook his head, "Doesn't have to be fake or have a punchline to be a joke. Just has to be funny." He looked around the bridge one last time, "That's everybody. The injections should be absorbed by the body as the bones grow back into place on their own. They can stand and do light activities, but still, I'd prefer it if they didn't try to walk so quickly."

---------

Yeeeaah... They warned us about this in mech school. Falling objects can do a lot more damage based on size... I wouldn't think about it too much. We're not going to have to be the ones to clean it up. He shook his head, mentally, to clear his thoughts and turn them towards the task at hand, Lets go then, we don't have any time to waste! He squeezed them through the door frame again and took off down the hall towards the security office.

---------

Ulrich took the time to clean some of the dust and other stains off his gauntlets.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Hannabelle looked at the canisters and actually laughed. "|Your lack of faith is inspiring, Hive," she joked. "It implies that, on the way to rescue my grandcubs, in a ship I can't get off that's virtually all controlled by you, you still think I'm dangerous." Her eye seemed to sparkle for a second. "Thank you for the compliment."
She started treating the first in her line.
A Young Rabbit approached and she gripped his arm. "Ow," the Rabbit complained, "You're a nurse?"
"Nope," she replied, not looking up from what she was doing, "they're all busy with more extreme cases." Now she looked up and grinned. "I'm an assassin. Allegedly."
The Rabbit didn't say another word, he just hurried away as soon as she'd finished.
"Rabbits," she said before her next patient came in, "so easy to scare."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh," Doris replied as they moved towards the hull, "I'll take one. Provided Doctor VanDerBilt's there for the operation. No offence to your teams but we've been building trust in each other as a team."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Didn't know we had ghosts," Jaken replied, before seeing Liz. "Cool, an unhurt Human!" He joined the group to head towards the Beacon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy, of course, had already found a way out and had landed on the deck of the Beacon. He looked around in awe and worked out where he wanted to go first. Not too fr, of course, but he had to explore, didn't he? He was just about to bolt off again when something picked him up by his shirt.
"I think your folks would want you to stay put for now," Keeva said, holding him aloft with her cybernetic arm. Until they get here?"
"Aw. Keeva," Andy protested, before recalling Dad wasn't coming. He still tried to squirm but her grip was too strong.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"Ah... well... I was kidding about the piano part, but now it's sinking in that I won't even get the chance to learn..." The ghost looked sad for a moment, but then put his joking face back on and smiled at Rika. "Don't be too hard on yourself. I knew I was dead the moment I started walking around without a body. You saved my dad and my brother, and for that I thank you."

Rika smiled back lightly. "I was just doing my job, you don't have to thank me.." She replied simply, before turning to the Hive drone in the room. "Right, the other medics here can get these people out whilst we try and find more survivors.. Which way should we head?" She asked, checking if she had everything.

-----

CyberDragon Wrote:
"I heard this team got some unexpected experience." The lizard-man commented.
"They did. Jobs for new teams are normally pretty straightforward, but things kept throwing twists at them."
"So what was it like, Traci?" Recon asked, not knowing fully that Traci joined that day. "Being a bunch of recruits going up against an archdemon and winning?"

"W-w-what!? I-I haven't fought anything except training drones and one overly drunk co-worker! I only joined today! Like, literally this morning! Hive just.. Up and let me join! I didn't know anything about an archdemon!" She stammered, looking confused. "When did that happen!? Wait! WasitinthenecropolisafewdaysagobecausemyfriendRikawastherewiththeothersatthattimeandtheydidn'ttellmewhattheydidthereandIonlysawalittlebitaboutitonthenewsyesterdayandtheydidfightamechintheBahamasyesterdaytoobutthatcouldn'tbeit!" She stopped to take a large breath, then slumped down in her seat. "S-sorry.."

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:32 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1167
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana nodded, got up, stretched and floated her way to the future defenses. After quickly surveying the landscape and what she thought was the fastest route she floated back, "It seems straightforward. The quickest way there appears to be a quick jaunt through a small ravine then a run towards the building itself, though it is surrounded by small but kinda hard to see pitfalls. Granted I figure Ulrich will just make some strategic light bridges to make a quicker, safer journey."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:57 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2164
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Doctor Vanderbilt shook his head, "Doesn't have to be fake or have a punchline to be a joke. Just has to be funny." He looked around the bridge one last time, "That's everybody. The injections should be absorbed by the body as the bones grow back into place on their own. They can stand and do light activities, but still, I'd prefer it if they didn't try to walk so quickly."


"Thank you, Doctor. Everyone who is left, please follow me out. There is a lot we need to do before I can show you around the ship. Once we have toured part of the ship, I will show you to where you will be staying until I can arrange for your own starter homes to be built." The hive droid said. As he led them out, he turned to them again. "The first thing we need to do is test you for any powers you may have obtained. This will happen on the docks themselves, as some powers can be dangerous and I don't want anyone suddenly discovering dangerous powers in the middle of a heavily populated area."

The droid led them out onto the dock carefully and slowly, making sure to keep a safe pace for the injured. Once they got onto the docks, he led them to where the tests were being given.

-----------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Yeeeaah... They warned us about this in mech school. Falling objects can do a lot more damage based on size... I wouldn't think about it too much. We're not going to have to be the ones to clean it up. He shook his head, mentally, to clear his thoughts and turn them towards the task at hand, Lets go then, we don't have any time to waste! He squeezed them through the door frame again and took off down the hall towards the security office.


You mean people actually go to an expensive school to learn that heavy objects hurt more when they fall on you than light objects? Wow. MT joked as they walked to the security office. You know, in my day there was a wonderful thing called common sense.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle looked at the canisters and actually laughed. "|Your lack of faith is inspiring, Hive," she joked. "It implies that, on the way to rescue my grandcubs, in a ship I can't get off that's virtually all controlled by you, you still think I'm dangerous." Her eye seemed to sparkle for a second. "Thank you for the compliment."
She started treating the first in her line.
A Young Rabbit approached and she gripped his arm. "Ow," the Rabbit complained, "You're a nurse?"
"Nope," she replied, not looking up from what she was doing, "they're all busy with more extreme cases." Now she looked up and grinned. "I'm an assassin. Allegedly."
The Rabbit didn't say another word, he just hurried away as soon as she'd finished.
"Rabbits," she said before her next patient came in, "so easy to scare."


"I do consider you dangerous." The nearest hive droid said, smacking itself in the forehead. "And for good reason. Even disarmed, you are utterly assassinating the reputation of this ship. Stick to healing, and don't tell anyone what you used to do. These people have just gone through the worst experience of their lives, and we are trying to make them as comfortable as possible. Nothing will bring back what they had, not fully anyway, but I am sure going to try to make them as happy as possible as long as they are here. Now behave or I'll sick Fades-In-Shadows on you."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Oh," Doris replied as they moved towards the hull, "I'll take one. Provided Doctor VanDerBilt's there for the operation. No offence to your teams but we've been building trust in each other as a team."


"I don't see any problem with that. He is a medical doctor after all and has demonstrated his skills already. I'll make some arrangements, and you should have a cybernetic prosthetic most likely by the end of the day, possibly by noon tomorrow." Hivemind replied as they stepped out onto the docks.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Didn't know we had ghosts," Jaken replied, before seeing Liz. "Cool, an unhurt Human!" He joined the group to head towards the Beacon.


"There is a town in the Necropolis District called Pluckley. It's total population consists of about 300 spectral residents including shadows, ghosts, wisps, and more."

-----------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika smiled back lightly. "I was just doing my job, you don't have to thank me.." She replied simply, before turning to the Hive drone in the room. "Right, the other medics here can get these people out whilst we try and find more survivors.. Which way should we head?" She asked, checking if she had everything.


"I gave MT a list of areas to visit and a map of blocked off areas. Please follow the mech and treat anyone you find." He turned to the other medics. "The rest of you, please lead the family out, including the Lieutenant. I'll.... I'll take care of the body."

"Be careful with it. It doesn't have the greatest... structural integrity... right now." The ghost said before following his family and the medics out.

-----------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
"W-w-what!? I-I haven't fought anything except training drones and one overly drunk co-worker! I only joined today! Like, literally this morning! Hive just.. Up and let me join! I didn't know anything about an archdemon!" She stammered, looking confused. "When did that happen!? Wait! WasitinthenecropolisafewdaysagobecausemyfriendRikawastherewiththeothersatthattimeandtheydidn'ttellmewhattheydidthereandIonlysawalittlebitaboutitonthenewsyesterdayandtheydidfightamechintheBahamasyesterdaytoobutthatcouldn'tbeit!" She stopped to take a large breath, then slumped down in her seat. "S-sorry.."


The hive droid, previously silent up until now, shot Recon a stern look. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I thought you joined yesterday! Hivemind mentioned you and said he sent an invite!"

"I did send an invite." He spoke up. "I sent it yesterday morning but didn't get a response. Either I sent it to the wrong address, or you missed the message. That's why I had your champion card already prepared, Traci."

-----------------------------

At the testing booth, people were running various scans on the Steelhaven survivors to check for certain kinds of powers. They sorted people based on the readings the scans got and sent them in groups to other stations where further tests were preformed. One of the tests had the test giver hand the taker a steel bar and have them squeeze it. A rather small, timid looking mouse nervously complied and was surprised when the steel squished like dough in his hand. A different test had them guessing the images on cards they had never seen. A German Shepard was getting a perfect score, guessing all of them correctly. Another one had the person stand on a platform that suddenly launched them a foot in the air. The Pomeranian taking that test went up that one foot, but didn't fall back down. The test giver had to pull her down with a plastic hook. There were other tests as well, though most of the people were cleared to continue and group up by the door, waiting for the chance to go inside.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3801
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris chuckled, I actually learned through the military and then got my extended studies paid for by the military as well. Dunno why someone would pay for college when they could just get it for free. Also, I am entirely certain that you don't understand how stupid some people are.

---------

Doctor Vanderbilt followed the Hivebot, "What kind of tests are these?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"You know, Hive," Hannabelle persisted, treating a young Canine Female gently, "there are things I could tell you about myself that might surprise you, like the fact I - or, rather, the Vixen people believe I am - stopped the attack on the Segonax games on Calazor - without generating much press doing it. Or the fact I have a perfect recipe for Bouillabaisse and I can make a magnificent Chicken Stew in a forest with just a hunting knife. That'll hold," she added to the Canine. "off you go to the others. Run along." She sighed. "I am more than I was. I lost a lot because of my... resemblance to a government operative. I'd just begun to climb out of that hole after so many years and I get hauled back in. Colour me displeased. Anyhow," she continued, raising her voice , "next!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp stepped out of the Steelhaven and sighed. He almost considered not going for the testing line but he doubted he could escape it. Might as well get it over with, he told himself as he saw Keeva carrying Andy over to the line.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:28 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3790
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Epsilon walked out with the others, going straight for the testing stations. she wasn't much in the mood to try and make herself useful to the evacuation crews on the wrecked ship, but maybe she could amuse herself a bit with whatever this was.

Observing for a bit, she headed forward treating the whole thing like a set of puzzles to solve, see how many machines and staffers she could trick into thinking she had these 'powers'.

Using optic enhancement to detect what parts of the cardstock had ink on the other side from their light to heat conversion, calculating the torque needed to snap the grip-tester at it's weakest point instead of trying to crush it and temporarily over-clocking the synthmuscle in her good arm, magnetizing herself to the spring platform so it couldn't fire, swapping the implant's polarity so it acted as a maglev instead of an anchor to foul up another test that was trying to gague her stealthiness (can't make footprints when your feet don't actually touch anything)...sufficed to say she was having a blast at the test staff's expense.

though she did learn one useful detail, somehow the extensive neuromuscular damage from her long sleep had healed... despite that being impossible...

after her seventeenth test, one of the testing staff got fed up and went to find a hive drone that was in a relatively private spot.

"Sir... about one of the ship's survivors... She's being a nuisance and keeps cheating at the tests."

"How is being able to see what the apparatus is looking for and adapting, cheating?" was subsequently yelled from across the bay...

"...And apparently has frustratingly good hearing. But regardless, those implants in her eyes and limbs, let her see the inner workings of the testing equipment, and mimic what it's looking for." the aide grumbled in an even lower voice looking more than a little frustrated. "Every test so far had gotten a false positive."

"How is that false?" Epsilon called again, despite still being across the hangar bay. the aide just swore under her breath.

- - - - - -

Kol's yes imeduately stapped open and she grabbed hold of kolt, imediately making a fist to punch the armored-... wait, where did the armored trooper go?
Where did the training room go?
"Huh?" she just comments dumbfounded, lowering her fist, yet somehow failing to notice the deathgrip she had on kolt's shoulder.

_________________
Its been a long time...
Characters


Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"I gave MT a list of areas to visit and a map of blocked off areas. Please follow the mech and treat anyone you find." He turned to the other medics. "The rest of you, please lead the family out, including the Lieutenant. I'll.... I'll take care of the body."

"Be careful with it. It doesn't have the greatest... structural integrity... right now." The ghost said before following his family and the medics out.

Rika nodded before heading out to look for MT, Which she found easily as she saw him down the hall a ways. "MT! Mr. Saka! Wait for me, please!" She called out as she headed toward them, pacing herself with a light jog. This ship seemed quite large and she didn't want to tire herself out..

-----
CyberDragon Wrote:
The hive droid, previously silent up until now, shot Recon a stern look. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I thought you joined yesterday! Hivemind mentioned you and said he sent an invite!"

"I did send an invite." He spoke up. "I sent it yesterday morning but didn't get a response. Either I sent it to the wrong address, or you missed the message. That's why I had your champion card already prepared, Traci."

Traci looked confused. "You did!? I.. I wasn't at home at all yesterday, had to run some files over to a couple districts the day before and I was pretty tired after that.. Fell asleep under my desk. Nobody found out about it though! Well, until now.. Anyway, that's not what matters! What did Recon mean by archdemon!?" She asked, turning to Hive in her seat.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3023
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Even though Quint was expecting the attack, he was still taken off guard by the speed at which Kol moved. He tried to force to her to let of their shoulder, but her hand wouldn’t budge. ”Kol, could you please let go of our shoulder? If you squeeze it any harder it will break.” He asked, gently pointing to where her hand had him trapped.
At least she didn’t go for the neck.

—MEANWHILE—

As Liz stepped out of the ruined ship, she couldn’t help but notice that there over three dozen people from her crew had already been identified as having powers. ”What’s going to happen to the people who have gotten powers. Heck, what’s going to happen to the people who don’t? None of us have ids that work in this dimension, I doubt any of our money works either, I doubt this ship has enough room to comfortably house all of us, and even if you do, I doubt people are going like that. What are we going to do?”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:24 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3790
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Oh..." Kol, mutters, releasing Kolt. "where are we? I don't recognize this chamber."

_________________
Its been a long time...
Characters


Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2164
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Chris chuckled, I actually learned through the military and then got my extended studies paid for by the military as well. Dunno why someone would pay for college when they could just get it for free. Also, I am entirely certain that you don't understand how stupid some people are.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika nodded before heading out to look for MT, Which she found easily as she saw him down the hall a ways. "MT! Mr. Saka! Wait for me, please!" She called out as she headed toward them, pacing herself with a light jog. This ship seemed quite large and she didn't want to tire herself out.


"If you are so stupid you don't know heavy objects falling on you can hurt or kill you, then you shouldn't be going to school so you can work around heavy objects." MT said as they approached the security office. Once they got inside, MT highlighted a large crate on the HUD. "There it is. Do you mind if I take over for a little bit? Some of the stuff in there is sensitive, and all of it is antique."

-------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Doctor Vanderbilt followed the Hivebot, "What kind of tests are these?"


"Well, the first thing is a basic scan to see if there are any signs of powers. If there are, then it raises a binary flag. People with no signs of powers are sent along to gather at the entrance. People who are flagged continue with the more in-depth scan. This scan separates people by the nature of the power. The scan determines physical versus mental. The scan then tries its best to get more specific. If it's a physical power, is it strength? Duribility? Flight? If it's mental, is it telepathy? Telekinesis? Magic? The scan tries to figure out what. Then they go to the actual testing booths you see there." He pointed to the various people being tested. "Of course, there is always the "Both", "Multiple", or "other" options on each level of the scan." He led the group to the nearest scanning station.

Legotron123 Wrote:
As Liz stepped out of the ruined ship, she couldn’t help but notice that there over three dozen people from her crew had already been identified as having powers. ”What’s going to happen to the people who have gotten powers. Heck, what’s going to happen to the people who don’t? None of us have ids that work in this dimension, I doubt any of our money works either, I doubt this ship has enough room to comfortably house all of us, and even if you do, I doubt people are going like that. What are we going to do?”


"I'm going to do my best to help everyone I can. Nothing is going to happen to those without powers. Nothing will happen to those with powers. Either way they can live a normal life in the Beacon. Basic housing, health care, food, and education are free. Anything with "public" in the name is paid for by yours truly. As such, you don't need to worry about money at the moment. You can worry about that once you get settled. I will work on the ids and you should all have your own by tomorrow. As for space, the ship is 20,000,000 cubic miles, and it's even bigger on the inside. I don't think you will have to worry about space." They were approaching the scanners now. "If people are still not satisfied, then they have every right to be. This is a situation they didn't ask for. However, there is nothing I can do but try to make your stay here as comfortable as possible. Now, who wants to go first?"

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"You know, Hive," Hannabelle persisted, treating a young Canine Female gently, "there are things I could tell you about myself that might surprise you, like the fact I - or, rather, the Vixen people believe I am - stopped the attack on the Segonax games on Calazor - without generating much press doing it. Or the fact I have a perfect recipe for Bouillabaisse and I can make a magnificent Chicken Stew in a forest with just a hunting knife. That'll hold," she added to the Canine. "off you go to the others. Run along." She sighed. "I am more than I was. I lost a lot because of my... resemblance to a government operative. I'd just begun to climb out of that hole after so many years and I get hauled back in. Colour me displeased. Anyhow," she continued, raising her voice , "next!"


"I believe you. That's why we are going to Cana in the first place. However, you did attack my team, so I can't afford to trust you entirely. And none of this makes trolling traumatized victims any better. Thank you for stopping, by the way."

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp stepped out of the Steelhaven and sighed. He almost considered not going for the testing line but he doubted he could escape it. Might as well get it over with, he told himself as he saw Keeva carrying Andy over to the line.


The tester started the scan on Andy. Sure enough, it flagged him with powers. It marked them as physical powers that were mobility-enhancing in nature.

-------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Epsilon walked out with the others, going straight for the testing stations. she wasn't much in the mood to try and make herself useful to the evacuation crews on the wrecked ship, but maybe she could amuse herself a bit with whatever this was.

Observing for a bit, she headed forward treating the whole thing like a set of puzzles to solve, see how many machines and staffers she could trick into thinking she had these 'powers'.

Using optic enhancement to detect what parts of the cardstock had ink on the other side from their light to heat conversion, calculating the torque needed to snap the grip-tester at it's weakest point instead of trying to crush it and temporarily over-clocking the synthmuscle in her good arm, magnetizing herself to the spring platform so it couldn't fire, swapping the implant's polarity so it acted as a maglev instead of an anchor to foul up another test that was trying to gague her stealthiness (can't make footprints when your feet don't actually touch anything)...sufficed to say she was having a blast at the test staff's expense.

though she did learn one useful detail, somehow the extensive neuromuscular damage from her long sleep had healed... despite that being impossible...

after her seventeenth test, one of the testing staff got fed up and went to find a hive drone that was in a relatively private spot.

"Sir... about one of the ship's survivors... She's being a nuisance and keeps cheating at the tests."

"How is being able to see what the apparatus is looking for and adapting, cheating?" was subsequently yelled from across the bay...

"...And apparently has frustratingly good hearing. But regardless, those implants in her eyes and limbs, let her see the inner workings of the testing equipment, and mimic what it's looking for." the aide grumbled in an even lower voice looking more than a little frustrated. "Every test so far had gotten a false positive."

"How is that false?" Epsilon called again, despite still being across the hangar bay. the aide just swore under her breath.


One look at Epsilon and Hivemind knew she was a full cyborg. "She is using her cybernetic components to learn how to pass the tests. Those enhancements in and of themselves qualify as powers. The test is designed to check for powers. It found them. Move on to the next person." Hivemind said.

-------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Kol's yes imeduately stapped open and she grabbed hold of kolt, imediately making a fist to punch the armored-... wait, where did the armored trooper go?
Where did the training room go?
"Huh?" she just comments dumbfounded, lowering her fist, yet somehow failing to notice the deathgrip she had on kolt's shoulder.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Even though Quint was expecting the attack, he was still taken off guard by the speed at which Kol moved. He tried to force to her to let of their shoulder, but her hand wouldn’t budge. ”Kol, could you please let go of our shoulder? If you squeeze it any harder it will break.” He asked, gently pointing to where her hand had him trapped.
At least she didn’t go for the neck.

Buster Wrote:
"Oh..." Kol, mutters, releasing Kolt. "where are we? I don't recognize this chamber."


We are in the infirmary, Kol. It's the medical center. The training room is down the hall. You were hit with friendly fire.

-------------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci looked confused. "You did!? I.. I wasn't at home at all yesterday, had to run some files over to a couple districts the day before and I was pretty tired after that.. Fell asleep under my desk. Nobody found out about it though! Well, until now.. Anyway, that's not what matters! What did Recon mean by archdemon!?" She asked, turning to Hive in her seat.


The hive droid scowled at Recon, who looked down sheepishly. "I suppose you'll find out sooner or later... The archdemon Recon wasn't supposed to mention is Odium. The past two days, he has made as many attempts to gain a foothold in the physical world. The team down there stopped it both times. Impressive, considering they only joined two days ago themselves."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Oh, no," Doris moaned as the droid found her son to have powers. "I can promise you he's not going to be using th... ANDY! Get off that wall!" Almost sheepishly Andy sprang off the wall he'd only just begun to run along. "Feet stick to floors, Andy!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva approached the detection agent as Corp found his way to one of the more isolated ones. The fewer people who knew, the better.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny moved into a forward position, still withing range of Ulrich's shields if she was lucky, and got herself ready to move.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't worry about it, Hive," Hannabelle said chippily. "It's only amusing the first time."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3801
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado dropped back towards Seena once he'd heard the answer to his question. "You excited to see if you picked up anything special on our trip through the warp gate? I know I am. Also a little nervous too, but I guess that's kinda normal when you survive a warpgate collapse and end up in a university with the prospect of having what is basically magic tied to your being. It's not so bad now that you're here though," he sighed happily, examining his surroundings as they made their way through the hangar. "Used to be I'd get nervous in new areas. I wouldn't show it or at least I'd try not to, but it was uncomfortable until I got used to them. But when I'm with you I guess I can just relax. It's weird, I guess."

----------

Chris mentally shrugged, Go ahead. It's your body more than it's mine. I'm not gonna force you to be a passenger all the time. He took a backseat and let MT do his thing. "I think I heard Hivemind call you Rika. How'd you end up here? Helping us deal with this disaster?"

----------

Ulrich stayed near their charge, reapplying shielding to those around him. Everyone had their own personal shields again, with some processing power dedicated to maintaining the matrix on their sides and back. Front shields could stay solid, but side and rear shields would blink into existence should they be needed.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Chris mentally shrugged, Go ahead. It's your body more than it's mine. I'm not gonna force you to be a passenger all the time. He took a backseat and let MT do his thing. "I think I heard Hivemind call you Rika. How'd you end up here? Helping us deal with this disaster?"

Rika huffed, that jog made her a little breathless. "I chose to be here. I enjoy helping people, It's the one reason I joined the medical profession.." She said flatly, as if this information was obvious. "..And my name is Dr. Rika Montoni. Anyway! Hive said you have a map of the ship, do you have a plan for a route we should take?" She added, looking around the room.

-----
CyberDragon Wrote:
The hive droid scowled at Recon, who looked down sheepishly. "I suppose you'll find out sooner or later... The archdemon Recon wasn't supposed to mention is Odium. The past two days, he has made as many attempts to gain a foothold in the physical world. The team down there stopped it both times. Impressive, considering they only joined two days ago themselves."

Traci looked even more confused. "Waitwaitwaitwait, the Odium!? The entity of pure hatred!?" She looked down, exasperated. "I-I can't believe it.. Odium is back..?" She mumbled to herself, putting her hands on her head. "Oooookay.. We have a lot of work to do.. She breathed a sigh, dropping her hands back down. So.. Thats what this training is really about, huh?" She looked back up with a determined face. "If he's really back, we need to be extra vigilant! I won't let you down!" She said, adding a thumbs up.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Colorado dropped back towards Seena once he'd heard the answer to his question. "You excited to see if you picked up anything special on our trip through the warp gate? I know I am. Also a little nervous too, but I guess that's kinda normal when you survive a warpgate collapse and end up in a university with the prospect of having what is basically magic tied to your being. It's not so bad now that you're here though," he sighed happily, examining his surroundings as they made their way through the hangar. "Used to be I'd get nervous in new areas. I wouldn't show it or at least I'd try not to, but it was uncomfortable until I got used to them. But when I'm with you I guess I can just relax. It's weird, I guess."

Seena took hold of Colorados' hand and brought it to her to kiss the back of it. "I thought you said I'd already got a special power activated?" she asked him. "We'll get through it together, Doc." She kept holding his hand.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:35 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2164
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Oh, no," Doris moaned as the droid found her son to have powers. "I can promise you he's not going to be using th... ANDY! Get off that wall!" Almost sheepishly Andy sprang off the wall he'd only just begun to run along. "Feet stick to floors, Andy!"


"You can relax, ma'am. Powers here aren't anything to be afraid or ashamed of." The test giver told her. "Got a power myself. Let him have his fun. Hivemind will make sure he doesn't hurt himself in the process."

----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Keeva approached the detection agent as Corp found his way to one of the more isolated ones. The fewer people who knew, the better.


The agents Keeva and Corp went to started the scans.

Corp's scans marked him as having mental powers of an offensive nature and a mental power with it's nature being communications.

----------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris mentally shrugged, Go ahead. It's your body more than it's mine. I'm not gonna force you to be a passenger all the time. He took a backseat and let MT do his thing. "I think I heard Hivemind call you Rika. How'd you end up here? Helping us deal with this disaster?"


MT opened the crate and inspected it's contents. Shelves of equipment expanded, making their contents easily available. The mech started fishing around in the bottom section, looking for something. He finally found a chip-like data card. He put it in one of the slots on his left arm and tested it. A spade-shaped energy blade formed out of his arm. He shut it off and went to close the crate when he noticed a small box at the bottom of all the equipment. Picking it up carefully, he opened it to see what was inside. Reaching in, MT carefully pulled out a toy stuffed dog, perfectly preserved.

Chris would feel an intense wave of sadness and nostalgia flood MT's systems as he looked at the toy. Carefully as if he were holding an infant, MT set it back into it's box and closed the crate.
I have the energy blade. Let's go. We can come back for the rest later. He navigated them out of the security office and on the way to the first obstruction.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika huffed, that jog made her a little breathless. "I chose to be here. I enjoy helping people, It's the one reason I joined the medical profession.." She said flatly, as if this information was obvious. "..And my name is Dr. Rika Montoni. Anyway! Hive said you have a map of the ship, do you have a plan for a route we should take?" She added, looking around the room.


"I do have a map. My plan is to check the closest areas first. Follow me, please."

----------------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci looked even more confused. "Waitwaitwaitwait, the Odium!? The entity of pure hatred!?" She looked down, exasperated. "I-I can't believe it.. Odium is back..?" She mumbled to herself, putting her hands on her head. "Oooookay.. We have a lot of work to do.. She breathed a sigh, dropping her hands back down. So.. Thats what this training is really about, huh?" She looked back up with a determined face. "If he's really back, we need to be extra vigilant! I won't let you down!" She said, adding a thumbs up.


"You'll do fine, Traci. In an encounter you'd do better than a lot of the team, honestly."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"You'll do fine, Traci. In an encounter you'd do better than a lot of the team, honestly."

Traci blinked. "H-how do you know? I haven't- Wait! Was whatever happened to that squid thingy guy part of some test?" She asked, suddenly realising what happened with Kobor back at the start of the round.

-----
CyberDragon Wrote:
MT opened the crate and inspected it's contents. Shelves of equipment expanded, making their contents easily available. The mech started fishing around in the bottom section, looking for something. He finally found a chip-like data card. He put it in one of the slots on his left arm and tested it. A spade-shaped energy blade formed out of his arm. He shut it off and went to close the crate when he noticed a small box at the bottom of all the equipment. Picking it up carefully, he opened it to see what was inside. Reaching in, MT carefully pulled out a toy stuffed dog, perfectly preserved.

"I do have a map. My plan is to check the closest areas first. Follow me, please."

"Understood, lead on." Rika replied as she followed along, keeping an eye and an ear out for any signs of survivors..

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3023
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As soon as Kol let go of his shoulder, Quint took a step back and started rubbing his shoulder to help alleviate some of the pain. ”Geez. Anyone ever tell you you have one strong grip?” He said, continuing to rub his shoulder until Hivemind mentioned why she in the infirmary. ”Yeah, that is kind of our fault. We got a bit too enthusiastic using a new weapon, and we forget to make sure you were out of the way when we started shooting some of the attackers. Sorry about that.”

—MEANWHILE—

”Thank you.” Liz said as she stepped forward to get tested. ”I can’t imagine it’d be easy to make all those... Wait. Did you just say this ship is 20,000,000 cubic miles in size? That’s big enough to block out the sun in about half of Europe. How did you build such a thing?”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3801
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I did and it's a very special power at that." He held her hand as they made their way to an aide. He stood in line and waited to be scanned once it was his turn. "Right. Together then."

--------

Chris would have lifted an eyebrow in concern if he could have, You gonna be okay? Does it remind you of home or of the past?

--------

Once they were set up he provided a minor test input to their shields, bringing them up temporarily then letting them go back on standby. Once that was complete they were set.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:14 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2164
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci blinked. "H-how do you know? I haven't- Wait! Was whatever happened to that squid thingy guy part of some test?" She asked, suddenly realising what happened with Kobor back at the start of the round.


"I assume so, but not one given by me. The training room does not have the ability to give different illusions to different people. Kobor failed that test. He succumbed to hatred, and that is why I think you will be fine. I don't see you harboring secret hatred for anyone to the degree you would loose control of yourself if confronted by them."

--------------------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
"Understood, lead on." Rika replied as she followed along, keeping an eye and an ear out for any signs of survivors..


MT nodded and continued to the first area in his mental list.

Deske Wrote:
Chris would have lifted an eyebrow in concern if he could have, You gonna be okay? Does it remind you of home or of the past?


MT was silent for a bit. Then he responded. It was made by an old friend. 250 years ago. That was all he spoke of it as he activated his energy sword and started slowly cutting through the debris, calculating the best way to avoid the whole pile coming crashing down on them.

--------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Thank you.” Liz said as she stepped forward to get tested. ”I can’t imagine it’d be easy to make all those... Wait. Did you just say this ship is 20,000,000 cubic miles in size? That’s big enough to block out the sun in about half of Europe. How did you build such a thing?”


"With a lot of money, a lot of resources, and a lot of pulled strings." the droid said dismissively. He then gave the go ahead for the testers to begin.

--------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"I did and it's a very special power at that." He held her hand as they made their way to an aide. He stood in line and waited to be scanned once it was his turn. "Right. Together then."


When the doctor stepped into the scanner, it identified him has having powers. It specified that they were both physical and mental, with an emphasis on information gathering. Other than that, the scan could not provide any details.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"|You have healing hands, Colorado," Cherry said, rubbing his hand with hers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp crossed to wait for the others to have their checks done, keeping a close eye on the Captain and Lewis. He could feel peoples' confusion and fears and, as before, he didn't like it. It was worse than understanding it mentally, feeling it physically. But he could cope. He had a lifetime of coping to call on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken stayed in the hole closest to the groups and watched the proceedings.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3801
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado lifted an eyebrow, "Oh cool! See, I'd hope you're right. But, that's not "Physical and Mental with an emphasis on information gathering." I mean, I guess that kind of makes sense?"

--------

Mm... and that was all.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3023
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”You’d have to have a monopoly on at least a hundred different things in order to afford this.” Liz said as various scanners were waved all over her body. ”What purpose could this ship possibly serve that would warrant it being so big?”
Meanwhile, as Lewis waited for his turn to be scanned, he couldn’t help but notice the sheer variety of powers the people from the Steelhaven seemed to be getting. Lieutenant James (or RJ as he insisted on being called) changed into a hulking form similar to some depictions of a werewolf, Lieutenant Martin jumped so high he might as well be using wires, and Andy was literally running up a wall. He shook his head and turned to look at one of the staff managing the line. ”Is all of this normal in this universe? Do people really get superpowers from every random lab accident, radioactive bug, and unethical science experiment?”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Corp approached Liz and kept his voice down. "We're going to need to keep the crew together as much as possible after this," he warned, "because the way this reality seems to give out powers willy-nilly is horrifying. I'm amazed it's not exploded a thousand years back." He took a breath. "And, apparently, I can tell that because I have some combat based emotional power thing going on."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken watched Andy running and grinned to himself, opening a portal a step in front of the Squirrel and an exit portal in the middle of the room, above Doris so Andy landed on his mother. The youngster looked around wildly to see what had happened as Doris grasped him to her.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2164
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”You’d have to have a monopoly on at least a hundred different things in order to afford this.” Liz said as various scanners were waved all over her body. ”What purpose could this ship possibly serve that would warrant it being so big?”
Meanwhile, as Lewis waited for his turn to be scanned, he couldn’t help but notice the sheer variety of powers the people from the Steelhaven seemed to be getting. Lieutenant James (or RJ as he insisted on being called) changed into a hulking form similar to some depictions of a werewolf, Lieutenant Martin jumped so high he might as well be using wires, and Andy was literally running up a wall. He shook his head and turned to look at one of the staff managing the line. ”Is all of this normal in this universe? Do people really get superpowers from every random lab accident, radioactive bug, and unethical science experiment?”


"You aren't too far off. In order to afford the construction of the Beacon of Hope, I had to become the biggest name in intergalactic trade. One of the only names, in fact, seeing as I invented the technology that made intergalactic travel affordable. I also had to cut costs by doing most of the construction myself. All of myself. However..." The droid turned to Liz. "That is a means to an end. While trade is where the Beacon makes most of it's money, it's true function is in it's name. It is a base for the largest collection of superhuman heroes known. It needs to be the biggest, most powerful ship in the universe because we are the peacekeepers. We are the deterrent."

Meanwhile, as Hivemind was over-explaining things again, the staff member answered Lewis. "Well... not every accident. And actually powers are pretty rare on earth. They seem to show up more on the Beacon." The human said with a shrug.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp approached Liz and kept his voice down. "We're going to need to keep the crew together as much as possible after this," he warned, "because the way this reality seems to give out powers willy-nilly is horrifying. I'm amazed it's not exploded a thousand years back." He took a breath. "And, apparently, I can tell that because I have some combat based emotional power thing going on."


"If you are done with your scans..." Hivemind said, overhearing, "You should continue with the other tests to find out what power you have. Especially if it specified yours has an offensive focus."

-------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"|You have healing hands, Colorado," Cherry said, rubbing his hand with hers.

Deske Wrote:
Colorado lifted an eyebrow, "Oh cool! See, I'd hope you're right. But, that's not "Physical and Mental with an emphasis on information gathering." I mean, I guess that kind of makes sense?"


"Mr. Vanderbilt? Would you please come with me so we can do the more specific tests?" One of the testers asked.
Meanwhile another tester ushered Seena into the scanner.

-------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Mm... and that was all.


MT finished cutting through and climbed into the hole he made. There were many injured inside.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"See you in a few minutes it seems," Corp grumped before heading to be 'tested'. You didn't need to be an empath to see how he felt about this sort of thing as Doris handed Andy over, saying she wanted to make sure he wasn't going to fire Spiderwebs from his backside.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Seena said, pushing the chair in and wondering how sensitive the scan would be. "Let's get it over with."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:14 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1167
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana sat back down flinching in surprise as Ulrich began testing his shields, but otherwise was content with the stress relieving break granted to them. Though that stress relief slightly vanished as she came to a realization, "I should have been keeping count..."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3801
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado released Seena's hand as they were led apart, "Until we meet again," he gave her a grin before turning to the testing aide. "What kind of tests are we talking about?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Hannabelle put her hands on her station after the latest patient moved off and looked up. "|So many hurt," she commented simply, "|and so many with weapons too. Even that darling little Pomeranian with the human over there. See the little bulge in the trouser pant by his left ankle? Probably a knife or an ultrathin blaster." She gestured the next one over, a canine in a grey jacket. "|This one's security, I think." She began treating him and making no attempt for the weapons.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:08 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2164
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"See you in a few minutes it seems," Corp grumped before heading to be 'tested'. You didn't need to be an empath to see how he felt about this sort of thing as Doris handed Andy over, saying she wanted to make sure he wasn't going to fire Spiderwebs from his backside.


Corp's tester was particularly unusual in that it might be the smallest sentient thing the mouse had ever seen. It was some kind of bipedal insectoid only a few centimeters tall. It stood on a pillar in a small glass dome on the top and spoke through speakers that translated it's speech. "Mr. Davidstow, Right?" The synthesized voice spoke from the speakers. "It says on my computer you have mental abilities with an offensive and communications focus. Can you tell me if you have experienced anything of the sort since the Steelhaven got here?"

---------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well," Seena said, pushing the chair in and wondering how sensitive the scan would be. "Let's get it over with."


The scanner's arms dropped down to Seena's left and right. A light appeared on the side of the arms facing Seena. They slowly rotated a half revolution around her before retracting back into the machine. "Huh..." her tester said with a hint of curiosity. "For one, there are two readings here. Both of them say 'other with an unknown focus' when the numbers are all translated..."

---------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Colorado released Seena's hand as they were led apart, "Until we meet again," he gave her a grin before turning to the testing aide. "What kind of tests are we talking about?"


The tester, a monitor lizard-like Varanian, looked up from his computer. "The first thing is for me to ask questions. Not every power has a test for it. Have you experienced any signs of unusual mental or physical abilities?"

---------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle put her hands on her station after the latest patient moved off and looked up. "|So many hurt," she commented simply, "|and so many with weapons too. Even that darling little Pomeranian with the human over there. See the little bulge in the trouser pant by his left ankle? Probably a knife or an ultrathin blaster." She gestured the next one over, a canine in a grey jacket. "|This one's security, I think." She began treating him and making no attempt for the weapons.


"I've noticed. I will address the group about bringing weapons on board the Beacon once everyone has been tested."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"You mean this," Corp asked, letting himself feel the emotions of earlier that had seemed to bring this 'fire knife' to bear. After a moment of nothing the flame ignited, jutting a few feet from the back of his upper wrist. He held it there for a moment before refocusing and shaking the hand until it went away. "I'm a security Chief and a soldier. I often have to take hard actions. I HAVE emotions but I can control them because I sometimes have to arrest or bury friends and family. My life's easier without emotional outbursts."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"|Ah," Seena said, not sure if the Captain was close enough to hear as she nervously tapped the arms of the wheelchair, "|it might be because I'm a week into, um, reproduction? Might that affect things?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3801
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado smiled before shaking his head, "Questions. Right. I haven't noticed anything different physically or mentally. No odd thoughts or thought processes, nothing that would hint at reading minds or feeling emotions that aren't my own."

-----------

"Dr. Montoni I think your expertise is needed."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9680
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"One moment," Corp advised the insect as he spotted someone wandering. "Engineer Storm," he called. "Over here a moment."
Keeva approached. "Yes, sir?" She kept looking around.
"I need you to head to my office and retrieve the drive to my computer. It has all the crew records on it and it needs to be used by myself or the Captain afterwards, not the people here."
"But..."
"I know you're looking for Petty Officer Lionheart, Keeva," Corp added, keeping a little empathy in his tone. "All I can say is he'll either turn up or he won't. Nothing you can do about it now. Best to keep busy, Keeva. I'll keep an eye out and tell you if I see him when you return. Go on."
Reluctantly Keeva headed back into the ship.

Corp turned back to the insect. "Not that we don't trust you," he said, "but it's our responsibility, not yours."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken also headed back in. Not to find any records but to find Rika. He followed his nose and her scent until he almost ran into MT. "Hah! Found you."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:26 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2164
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"You mean this," Corp asked, letting himself feel the emotions of earlier that had seemed to bring this 'fire knife' to bear. After a moment of nothing the flame ignited, jutting a few feet from the back of his upper wrist. He held it there for a moment before refocusing and shaking the hand until it went away. "I'm a security Chief and a soldier. I often have to take hard actions. I HAVE emotions but I can control them because I sometimes have to arrest or bury friends and family. My life's easier without emotional outbursts."


"I don't really need to know that..."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"One moment," Corp advised the insect as he spotted someone wandering. "Engineer Storm," he called. "Over here a moment."
Keeva approached. "Yes, sir?" She kept looking around.
"I need you to head to my office and retrieve the drive to my computer. It has all the crew records on it and it needs to be used by myself or the Captain afterwards, not the people here."
"But..."
"I know you're looking for Petty Officer Lionheart, Keeva," Corp added, keeping a little empathy in his tone. "All I can say is he'll either turn up or he won't. Nothing you can do about it now. Best to keep busy, Keeva. I'll keep an eye out and tell you if I see him when you return. Go on."
Reluctantly Keeva headed back into the ship.

Corp turned back to the insect. "Not that we don't trust you," he said, "but it's our responsibility, not yours."


"...And I didn't really need to know that either. Honestly I'm just here to check you titans for powers." The creature responded through the speaker. "Now, the scan says you also have something else related to communication. This could be direct communication, or simply something that helps you understand others. Have you noticed anything like that?"

------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"|Ah," Seena said, not sure if the Captain was close enough to hear as she nervously tapped the arms of the wheelchair, "|it might be because I'm a week into, um, reproduction? Might that affect things?"


"Hmm..." The tester, an alien creature appearing somewhere between an anthropomorphic bird and a dragon, considered for a moment. "That would explain the second reading, but it wouldn't explain why the scans are so... confused. Have you noticed anything different lately? Any odd occurrences or experiences?"

------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Colorado smiled before shaking his head, "Questions. Right. I haven't noticed anything different physically or mentally. No odd thoughts or thought processes, nothing that would hint at reading minds or feeling emotions that aren't my own."


"Well... That makes things difficult." The Varanian said. "I can do the basic knowledge-gathering-slash-psychic test, but it's possible that your ability is too specific for us to have a test for."

------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"Dr. Montoni I think your expertise is needed."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken also headed back in. Not to find any records but to find Rika. He followed his nose and her scent until he almost ran into MT. "Hah! Found you."


MT was in the middle of pulling debris off of some trapped people when Jaken entered. He gave a nod to the Celican and addressed Rika. "Ma'am. If you could start with the people I just uncovered. My scans indicate their injuries are the most severe in this area." He stepped over to a nearby door that was warped shut. Grabbing it, he effortlessly crumpled the steel door in his hand like a wad of tissue. The mech turned to Jaken. "Further scans read more injured inside this room. I am too large to fit through the door. If you could go through and see if you can get them out to Doctor Montoni, that would be greatly appreciated."

------------------------------

As Captain Liz stepped into the scanner, the arms once again dropped down to her sides. They rotated around her once before retracting again. The person operating the scanner, a human, spoke the results. "The scan picked up on a power. It's physical and related to... shapeshifting. Huh. That's not a common one."

------------------------------

Hivemind led Sarah and the twins Cailean and Conall over to the scanning booth. He explained how the scanner worked. "This scanner will detect if you have signs of powers. If it does, it will try to narrow those powers down as much as it can. The person running the scanner will then direct you to where you can go to find out more specific details about the ability you got, or point you to the place everyone is gathering if you don't have any powers. Captain Liz wants the whole of the Steelhaven crew to go through this test so you know the power is there and don't accidentally realize you have the ability to blow up things by touching them or something."

------------------------------

>Talya, wake up please.
>He isn't listening to me.
>Don't say "I told you so," it was worth a try.
>Now things are going to get even more difficult.


"Look..."
Hivemind calmed himself and spoke softly but seriously to Kobor. "I admit. I know very little about the Ghrakkal. But whether I am right or not is irrelevant right now. The Ghrakkal don't exist here. Instead, far worse things exist that have been wrecking havoc on the known universe for longer than anyone can remember. Every war, every hostile thought, every act of deliberate, malicious violence is traced to one of them. They are our drive. They are the things that motivate us. Love, hatred, greed, charity, all of them. They are a part of all of us. The problem is that in this universe they are able to manifest with their own minds and goals when they obtain a strong enough connection to someone. A connection so strong the individual becomes synonymous with the thing they are connected to. Odium is one of these manifestations, specifically of hate. If you don't believe me... Then I will be forced to show you exactly what it is we are dealing with."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:58 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 69  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.