Reply to topic  [ 2441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 62  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3602
Images: 2
Location: Currently, Sand-boarding in Green Hill
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kol was pacing restlessly, bored by the current lack of activity. The twins by this point had left following behind hivemind. Quick switching between axe and hammer she clipped the top off a rock and batted it across the room.

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3739
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris turned their head down to look at his own body, "Wow, that's pretty impressive. Though with what I assume to be your captain's technology, I don't think I would have minded losing the arm. Could've come in better handy than a living one anyway. But MT doesn't like it when I say things like that," he joked.

---------

Doctor Vanderbilt pulled away from Seena and looked her in the eyes, "I do have to get back to work." He gave her another small kiss before standing up and getting back to work.

---------

Ulrich let out a large, booming laugh, "Absolutely! I like your style!" He moved up closer to the front line with Traci, "This should be fun," he said as his hard light fist protection flickered back into existence.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:30 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1130
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana stepped back to the others, only giving a slight nod to Traci as she stood near Ulrich and took her sniper back out, "Let's get this done."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1934
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jolty-Kun Wrote:
Jolty sighs again. He was going to regret this. "Look....Hivemind....I'll...I'll join your champions, alright? I just need a little help with my issue, that's all..."


"Jolty, I'm not trying to pressure you into doing anything you don't want to. If you want to use the target range, I'll allow it." Hivemind responded. "But we can talk about that later. Let's go fix your issue, shall we? Or would you like to go to the shooting range first?" He offers a hand to help Jolty up.

-----------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris turned their head down to look at his own body, "Wow, that's pretty impressive. Though with what I assume to be your captain's technology, I don't think I would have minded losing the arm. Could've come in better handy than a living one anyway. But MT doesn't like it when I say things like that," he joked.


"I don't." MT said aloud. "It is my job to keep my pilot from getting hurt. When my pilot jokes about severe injury, it understandably causes stress." The mech noticed at that point that he had referred to Chris as his "pilot," and that he had been thinking of Chris as his pilot for a while. It was logical. Chris was the only person currently alive with experience piloting him. It was also emotional. Chris had done a great deal to aid MT, including saving his mind when he first woke up.

-----------------------------

(Training Grounds)
Hivemind started counting down from ten. Once he hit zero, the simulation resumed normally. The civilian was back to it's default form of a terrified human, the chargers set their sights on the goal and immediately bolted forward, flooding everything they pass with robotic bodies. The human light-infantry ran forward to cover. They stood behind trees and crouched by rocks, firing their assault rifles at any exposed champions (Shots here are illusions. As such, so are injuries received from them). The armored exoskeletons marched forward, tearing up trees and rocks and throwing them to clear the way for the tanks that rolled behind them.

There are:
20 light infantry
10 armored infantry
6 light vehicles
2 Tanks
100 chargers

Three light infantry fired their rifles at Jenny. One light vehicle also turned it's machine gun on her and started firing. One armored infantry exoskeleton lifted a boulder and threw it at her.

Three different light infantry fired their rifles at Traci. The second light vehicle fired it's machine gun on her as well. Two of the armored infantry threw ripped up trees at her.

Four infantry fired their rifles at Ulrich. The two tanks turned their cannons on Ulrich as well, firing them when they had a shot.

Two light vehicles turned their guns on Tatiana and started firing. In addition, three light infantry also fired on her.

Two light vehicles fired it's machine guns at Kolt. Three armored infantry started hurling large projectiles at him. Three light infantry fired on him as well.

Four light infantry fired on Kol. Four armored infantry started trying to hit her with the obstacles they were removing.

All 100 chargers are making a beeline for the civilian. they are 1/3 of the way there.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3739
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I'm only joking about it because I'm not going to die from it. Look, she's already fixed it. If we were in a firefight I'd be a little more worried and a lot less jokey. But since we're basically on vacation, everything gets a bit more light hearted," Chris explained. "You don't have to worry so much when there aren't rounds coming towards us."

----------

Ulrich lifted a hand forming a shield in front of him for the cannon shots whilst the automatic shield matrix he had set up tracked and created smaller shields to stop groups of bullets. Tatiana and Traci would also receive the benefit of Ulrich's shield matrix since he knew where they were to "attach" it to them. Tatiana's would be suited for weaponry with her's being centered mainly around her gun so that it wouldn't get in the way if she had to shift her aim. Traci's was a bit more default and simply hovered in front of her, providing enough cover for her to move around the battlefield. It didn't have any special conditions since Ulrich had never been around her to make note of her fighting styles, though the computers in his gauntlets would work on shifting the shield as she fought to better flow with her style. Ulrich himself had to keep tabs on his gauntlets heat levels now that they were absorbing shots for three people instead of just one. He moved forward to get closer to the infantry. Since his own shield matrix was based on his actions, it was easy for it to flow around his fist when it went to connect with the jaw of one of the infantrymen.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2853
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As soon as the match started, Quint soared into the air, twisting and turning to avoid the projectiles being shot at him. He shot several EMP blasts at the light vehicles as he flew overhead, followed up by a shot from his head cannon to one of the heavier ones. This is certainly interesting. He thought as he blew the cannon off another one of the heavier vehicles. Mythos certainly put plenty of different weapons into this suit.
I’d say he put in a bit too much. What really is the purpose of those knee blasters?
I do not know. We shall have to try them out.

—MEANWHILE—

The noise that came from Lewis’ throat was impossible to discribe with human words. Simply saying it was a combination of a sigh and a groan did little to discribe the sheer range of emotions it conveyed. ”Are you honestly telling me that not only does this universe have magic, but it has superpowers too? And anyone on this ship might have gotten them?” He sighed. ”Sure. Why not. Certainly fits the week we’ve been having.”

_________________
Support Temtem!! It’s Pokemon, but as an MMO.


Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:33 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1130
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana gave a nod towards Ulrich as she grabbed one of the light vehicles that fired at her and jerked it in an attempt to crash it, "Thanks big guy!" Her sniper instincts kicked into gear as she began firing rapidly at any light infantry that showed itself, sending a kinetic blast through he rifle if only a head was visible. All the while she seemed to glide across the ground to avoid stressing Ulrich's shields too much, as well as to get better view of potential targets to pick off.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:00 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1934
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Buster Wrote:
Kol was pacing restlessly, bored by the current lack of activity. The twins by this point had left following behind hivemind. Quick switching between axe and hammer she clipped the top off a rock and batted it across the room.


Hivemind took the twins up to the meeting room. He shut the door and turned to Kobor. "Talya already told me what happened. You saw a Ghrak. I didn't make the simulation do that. My best guess is interference from an outside force. Talya also told me why you hate them. I can't say I blame you. However..." He pulled out a rather thick folder and set it down on the table. "Your response to this hatred NEEDS to change. Otherwise, what happened on Kerbos and Anjan will pale in comparison to the atrocities that will happen. Odium is made stronger by this hatred, and he can easily use it as a weapon against all of us. He could make your entire team look like Ghrak if we ever encountered another Dracolich. Speaking of which..." He opened the file. In it were pages upon pages of what seemed to be location names. "In case you think I don't understand, that I am asking the near-impossible simply because it's inconvenient, that I can't imagine the horrors you went through, take a look at this list. This is a list of the nations, cultures, species, and even worlds that the Dracolich, Odium's last avatar, burned, corrupted, consumed, or otherwise destroyed. There are thousands of them. Millions, even. And these are just the ones we know about. In case this doesn't convince you what we are dealing with, I personally had to pick up whatever scraps of life were left, if any, from these places and peoples. I've had to watch as entire galaxies worth of systems were devoured by this demon. I still have the video files in my memory stores, if you need further proof."

Hivemind looked Kobor in the eyes. "I don't expect this to be easy. I don't even know if it's possible to fully get rid of this hate. But we have to try."

--------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
The noise that came from Lewis’ throat was impossible to discribe with human words. Simply saying it was a combination of a sigh and a groan did little to discribe the sheer range of emotions it conveyed. ”Are you honestly telling me that not only does this universe have magic, but it has superpowers too? And anyone on this ship might have gotten them?” He sighed. ”Sure. Why not. Certainly fits the week we’ve been having.”


"Fades's magic is considered a specific brand of superpower here. It's a result of a specific biological quirk people from his planet have. They've got a kind of store of energy they can put into manipulating the world around them. It takes training to learn how to use it. Other superpowers are caused by other things. Your ship just crossed universes. The tear in reality this produces means that all predictability can be thrown out the window. What I mean by this is that I don't know what is going to happen. I said it was possible for you to get powers from this."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9327
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny assessed the situation. A vehicle, a power rig and three troopers in her immediate vicinity. The Plasma could deal with the vehicle and the rig - or her sonic, of course - but her pistols were better suited to deal with the troopers so they were to go first. She ducked as the boulder impacted the wall and showered her with stones. Running down her plan of attack she took to her heels, zigging her way down the line and into and out of cover whilst firing on the troopers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy, having not found anything much to do, was still following the Hivemind drone around the bridge.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1122
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske & CyberDragon Wrote:
"Wow, that's pretty impressive. Though with what I assume to be your captain's technology, I don't think I would have minded losing the arm. Could've come in better handy than a living one anyway. But MT doesn't like it when I say things like that," he joked.

"I don't." MT said aloud. "It is my job to keep my pilot from getting hurt. When my pilot jokes about severe injury, it understandably causes stress."

"I'm only joking about it because I'm not going to die from it. Look, she's already fixed it. If we were in a firefight I'd be a little more worried and a lot less jokey. But since we're basically on vacation, everything gets a bit more light hearted," Chris explained. "You don't have to worry so much when there aren't rounds coming towards us."

Rika just raised an eyebrow. "..Right, I'll just be off to help another patient. If you need any more medical treatment or pain relief, let me know.." She said flatly, turning to walk off.

As she turned, she noticed the feline sat alone looking solemnly at the floor. She calmly paced over, removing her gloves again and replacing them with clean ones. "Hello miss, I'm Dr. Montoni with the Beacon of Hope. What's your name? Are you Injured at all?" She asked warmly, crouching down to her.

-----
Deske Wrote:
Ulrich let out a large, booming laugh, "Absolutely! I like your style!" He moved up closer to the front line with Traci, "This should be fun," he said as his hard light fist protection flickered back into existence.
Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana stepped back to the others, only giving a slight nod to Traci as she stood near Ulrich and took her sniper back out, "Let's get this done."

Traci lowered her stance, looking like an athelete ready to sprint. "Definitely.." She said simply, still smirking.

CyberDragon Wrote:
Hivemind started counting down from ten. Once he hit zero, the simulation resumed normally. The civilian was back to it's default form of a terrified human, the chargers set their sights on the goal and immediately bolted forward, flooding everything they pass with robotic bodies. The human light-infantry ran forward to cover. They stood behind trees and crouched by rocks, firing their assault rifles at any exposed champions. The armored exoskeletons marched forward, tearing up trees and rocks and throwing them to clear the way for the tanks that rolled behind them.

Traci took off running as soon as she saw movement, easily able to react and dodge shots or debris coming her way. The shield Ulrich gave her didn't take a hit at all, she was dodging and moving too fast for any shot to be even near her.

She had taken out a couple light infantry before she realised the chargers heading for the civilian, so she diverted course from her intended target of the heavy infanty and made a beeline to cut off the chargers. Once she was in their path, she stopped and faced them holding the hammer far behind her, winded up for a swing. As the droids got close Traci ran at them at an outward angle, gaining speed incredibly quickly so much that a cone of air started forming behind her. As soon as she was close enough she turned into the group sharply, digging her feet into the ground whilst letting the momentum swing her hammer around her and straight toward the front line of the chargers.

The impact of the hammer with the first charger made the droid's head pop off almost comically, yet that can't be said for the other thirty or so chargers that were caught in the swing, as the rest were smashed and disfigured violently as they flew off across the terrain from the force. Traci stopped herself by sliding down on her side as she looked back. The rest of the chargers were still going, hardly slowed down. Well, that kinda worked.. She thought as she got up, starting to sprint off back towards the chargers for another try..

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9327
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Keeva," the black and white feline said with moderate certainty. "Keeva Storm I th...think.
" She swallowed. "Been close t' lotsa bangs," she drawled as Jaken checked over the others, sniffing them to check on their health with the aim of alerting the Doctor to anyone with weakening scents. "Can't... see anythin'," Keeva finished.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He ould feel it as he moved through the ship towards the main engineering block. He could see the confusion and pain of those around him in an almost palpable way. It set his teeth on edge as he had to force himself to ignore those who needed him to make sure they had a future. If something went awry with the engines whilst they were stopped it could be the end for everyone. He tossed his last medi-pac to a corpsman as he tried calling Engineering again. Still no response. But then comms were still spotty. He grit his teeth to the task and found himself at the bulkhead hatch to the Engineering section. He almost knew they were in there as he pushed at the door. Maybe he heard them knocking but he knew they needed him to get through. And he couldn't. The electrics were seized. He took up the manual handle to try and get through.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3602
Images: 2
Location: Currently, Sand-boarding in Green Hill
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
kol's opening move is to rush straight into the group of chargers in what i'm going to call a "caboose charge" (only without the botched oneliner), clothslining as many as come within arms reach on her way into the middle of the pack before lashing out with her staff in gravity hammer mode trying to catch chargers center mass with it's strikes, the other two arms grapling chargers within reach and throwing them at the ones that arent.

basicaly she's filling the same role she did against the mech: keep the enemy face down in the dirt and unable to react as long as possible.

...all the while laughing like a loon and either not noticing or not caring that she took three shots to the extremities before she was deep enouh into the pack to use the chargers themselves as improvised 'cover' and 'shields'. (though given the growing orange stains on one shoulder and both main-arm sleves, the others probably have...) now that she's in the pack though, between her eratic movement and her melee tactics, the other side risks constant friendly fire problems if they aim at her.

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1934
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
"I'm only joking about it because I'm not going to die from it. Look, she's already fixed it. If we were in a firefight I'd be a little more worried and a lot less jokey. But since we're basically on vacation, everything gets a bit more light hearted," Chris explained. "You don't have to worry so much when there aren't rounds coming towards us."

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Rika just raised an eyebrow. "..Right, I'll just be off to help another patient. If you need any more medical treatment or pain relief, let me know.." She said flatly, turning to walk off.

As she turned, she noticed the feline sat alone looking solemnly at the floor. She calmly paced over, removing her gloves again and replacing them with clean ones. "Hello miss, I'm Dr. Montoni with the Beacon of Hope. What's your name? Are you Injured at all?" She asked warmly, crouching down to her.


"You have a point, Chris. We are not being fired at. So since that's the case, can I have my body back?" MT asked now that the doctor had treated Chris and was treating other people.

-------------------------

Hivemind was keeping track of the team's progress.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich lifted a hand forming a shield in front of him for the cannon shots whilst the automatic shield matrix he had set up tracked and created smaller shields to stop groups of bullets. Tatiana and Traci would also receive the benefit of Ulrich's shield matrix since he knew where they were to "attach" it to them. Tatiana's would be suited for weaponry with her's being centered mainly around her gun so that it wouldn't get in the way if she had to shift her aim. Traci's was a bit more default and simply hovered in front of her, providing enough cover for her to move around the battlefield. It didn't have any special conditions since Ulrich had never been around her to make note of her fighting styles, though the computers in his gauntlets would work on shifting the shield as she fought to better flow with her style. Ulrich himself had to keep tabs on his gauntlets heat levels now that they were absorbing shots for three people instead of just one. He moved forward to get closer to the infantry. Since his own shield matrix was based on his actions, it was easy for it to flow around his fist when it went to connect with the jaw of one of the infantrymen.


The impact knocked the infantryman's helmet off and put him on the ground, seeing stars.
-1 light infantry.

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as the match started, Quint soared into the air, twisting and turning to avoid the projectiles being shot at him. He shot several EMP blasts at the light vehicles as he flew overhead, followed up by a shot from his head cannon to one of the heavier ones. This is certainly interesting. He thought as he blew the cannon off another one of the heavier vehicles. Mythos certainly put plenty of different weapons into this suit.
I’d say he put in a bit too much. What really is the purpose of those knee blasters?
I do not know. We shall have to try them out.


Three light vehicles were caught by the emp blasts. They stalled in their tracks, but that didn't seem to stop their machine guns. The tank's gun, however, was stopped as the main cannon was shot off. It switched to it's secondary weapon, a light machine gun.
3 light vehicles stunned.
1 heavy vehicle attack down.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana gave a nod towards Ulrich as she grabbed one of the light vehicles that fired at her and jerked it in an attempt to crash it, "Thanks big guy!" Her sniper instincts kicked into gear as she began firing rapidly at any light infantry that showed itself, sending a kinetic blast through he rifle if only a head was visible. All the while she seemed to glide across the ground to avoid stressing Ulrich's shields too much, as well as to get better view of potential targets to pick off.


The three infantrymen firing at Tatiana found themselves at the receiving end of her kinetic blasts. Each of them were knocked off their feet and sent sprawling on the ground from the impact. The vehicle she disrupted swerved and slammed on it's breaks, but hit a boulder and sustained damage to it's front armor. It pulled back and continued it's assault.
-3 light infantry.
1 light vehicle defense down.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny assessed the situation. A vehicle, a power rig and three troopers in her immediate vicinity. The Plasma could deal with the vehicle and the rig - or her sonic, of course - but her pistols were better suited to deal with the troopers so they were to go first. She ducked as the boulder impacted the wall and showered her with stones. Running down her plan of attack she took to her heels, zigging her way down the line and into and out of cover whilst firing on the troopers.


Two of the three infantrymen dropped to the ground, stunned by the pistols. The last one took cover.
-2 light infantry.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci took off running as soon as she saw movement, easily able to react and dodge shots or debris coming her way. The shield Ulrich gave her didn't take a hit at all, she was dodging and moving too fast for any shot to be even near her.

She had taken out a couple light infantry before she realised the chargers heading for the civilian, so she diverted course from her intended target of the heavy infanty and made a beeline to cut off the chargers. Once she was in their path, she stopped and faced them holding the hammer far behind her, winded up for a swing. As the droids got close Traci ran at them at an outward angle, gaining speed incredibly quickly so much that a cone of air started forming behind her. As soon as she was close enough she turned into the group sharply, digging her feet into the ground whilst letting the momentum swing her hammer around her and straight toward the front line of the chargers.

The impact of the hammer with the first charger made the droid's head pop off almost comically, yet that can't be said for the other thirty or so chargers that were caught in the swing, as the rest were smashed and disfigured violently as they flew off across the terrain from the force. Traci stopped herself by sliding down on her side as she looked back. The rest of the chargers were still going, hardly slowed down. Well, that kinda worked.. She thought as she got up, starting to sprint off back towards the chargers for another try..


The two infantrymen were sent flying from the impact. They didn't even get the chance to land before the thirty chargers exploded from Traci's swing.
One of the light infantrymen called out. "Speedster! Focus fire! Protect the chargers!"
-2 light infantry.
-30 chargers.
The attackers' attention is now on Traci.

Buster Wrote:
kol's opening move is to rush straight into the group of chargers in what i'm going to call a "caboose charge" (only without the botched oneliner), clothslining as many as come within arms reach on her way into the middle of the pack before lashing out with her staff in gravity hammer mode trying to catch chargers center mass with it's strikes, the other two arms grapling chargers within reach and throwing them at the ones that arent.

basicaly she's filling the same role she did against the mech: keep the enemy face down in the dirt and unable to react as long as possible.

...all the while laughing like a loon and either not noticing or not caring that she took three shots to the extremities before she was deep enouh into the pack to use the chargers themselves as improvised 'cover' and 'shields'. (though given the growing orange stains on one shoulder and both main-arm sleves, the others probably have...) now that she's in the pack though, between her eratic movement and her melee tactics, the other side risks constant friendly fire problems if they aim at her.


Kol's charge blasted 8 chargers away while the berserker melee strikes with the concussive staff smashed easily 20.
-28 chargers.

Summery:
-8 light infantry.
3 light vehicles stunned, 1 light vehicle defense down.
1 heavy vehicle attack down.
-58 chargers.

12 light infantry remain.
10 armored infantry remain.
All light vehicles remain. 2 intact, 1 with armor damage, 2 stunned.
All tanks remain. 1 intact, 1 with weapon damage.
42 chargers remain. Chargers are 2/3 the way toward the civilian.

All opponents are firing their main active weapons at Traci.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3602
Images: 2
Location: Currently, Sand-boarding in Green Hill
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kol slows her attack just long enough to grab a charger and throw it as hard as she can at the infantryman calling out orders.
His voice was anoying.
As soon as that's delt with it's back to smashing chunks out of chargers, though she's started seeing if she can hit them at people now instead of just launching them in random directions.

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9327
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny leaped forward, past the remaining infantryman, rolled on impact with the ground and twisted up to be face-to-face. She hit out fast with her left hand to strike him in the face with her gun butt before putting a grasping his arm and throwing him to the ground. She fired at the battle rig, seeking to keep it in cover as much as possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking those inside were in trouble gave strength to Corps' arm as he used the manual control to apply acrylic pressure to the door seal. It would crack open soon, he hoped.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3739
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich fought his way through a small group of infantry, now that they were distracted, using a variety of punches, kicks and throws. It all flowed together rather well, one take-down allowing him to quickly move to the next in order to avoid being pinned down for too long. He made his way through the group until he came upon the back line of tanks and light infantry vehicles. He moved a hand up and all of the shielding created by his gauntlets vanished as a pillar of hard light drove it's way up into the tank in an attempt to flip it over.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:43 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1130
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana quickly surveyed the situation and saw the stunned light vehicles and began aiming her charged shot at them to capitlize when she saw the chargers nearing the civilian... and seemingly no one holding back to protect said civilian. She let out a growl, firing her charged shot at one of the stunned light vehicles as she rocketed to stand in front of the civilian. She quickly holstered her rifle and charged up a kinetic blast with both arms, sending a heavy, angled wall of kinetic energy at the approaching chargers, though making sure the angle sent the wall into the ground before hitting any of her front line allies. Before the flying chargers hit the ground she held a combat stance similar to a boxer or street fighter, ready to send out quick isolated blasts with her punches and go hand to hand with any charger charging her way, "Okay, makes sense, have the sniper in the back, but still man..."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:09 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12644
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Conall looks mortified.
"Och, Ah didnae ken ye signed. Sorry, Ah'll hae tae watch ma mooth* now. Yer pullin' ma leg though, right? Magic isnae real!"

~~~~~~~~
Cailean isn't quite sure whether the tingling he feels is the salve taking effect or just Sarah's tender paw but either way he doesn't mind it.
"Aye, Ah'm okay. It's just bruisin'. Ah'm afraid all yer lotions didnae survive though. On th' bright side, Ah'm gonnae hae th' softest, nicest fur on th' ship naow."


*mouth

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9327
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Sarah spared him a grin. "Already did, pet," she said, "bu' now ye sniff of Toffee apple tae."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp finally broke through and the door cracked open a few inches. He felt the relief as fingers seized the door from the other side and pulled. "Many casualties in here," he asked of the Canine who seemed to be the leader. "Where's the chief?"
"Out cold," the Junior Officer replied, "Six dead, sir. Nine injured. What happened, sir?"
Corp saw the look of confusion and hopelessnes on the Dober types face but he was in no hurry to accommodate the question. "Medical treatment is on the way but it will take time. Get those spare to take medical kits but we need the engines stopped. Now."
"Stop the engines," he queried, aghast, "when we're still in transit?"
Corp looked in on things. The sensors working only detected movement by the ship's location from her previous point in space. It was showing them as still moving. Corp assumed that was the Beacon thing but, without external visual sensors, the Engineering deck couldn't have known. "Get it done," he said. "We're not in transit." He resisted the temptation to say they were in a docking hanger of a Spacecraft that seemed to be the size of a city. He doubted he'd be believed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What'ya want me to do, Doc," Jaken asked.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1122
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Keeva," the black and white feline said with moderate certainty. "Keeva Storm I th...think.
" She swallowed. "Been close t' lotsa bangs," she drawled as Jaken checked over the others, sniffing them to check on their health with the aim of alerting the Doctor to anyone with weakening scents. "Can't... see anythin'," Keeva finished.

Rika started to check the cat's eyes with a penlight from her pocket. "Well, miss Storm, I can help with that.." She said calmly, noting the pupil dialation and puffiness around her eyes. "..Seems like repetative strain, like you've 'overloaded' them, It should clear in time. For now, I'd like to give you something for the pain you're more than likely feeling.." She took out a green capsule and popped a pill out into Keeva's hand. "Take that, and the pains should fade almost instantly. Your eyes won't clear for a little while yet, so just stay sat there for now." She said finally, giving her a reassuring squeeze on her shoulder.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"What'ya want me to do, Doc," Jaken asked.

Rika turned. "Oh, um.. I don't really need anything from you Jaken, so I guess you can explore a little if you want.. Just stay in here and don't touch anything you don't know." She replied, looking around herself for anyone else who needs help.

-----
Traci stopped her charge as Kol smashed her way into the charger group. Whoa, what the- Her thought was cut off by the infantryman calling out and all collective weapons turning to aim at her. Also at that moment, Ulrich's shield disappeared. Oh carp.. As soon as they started to fire, She bolted for the other end of the natural archway and took cover. Well, that's just great! What am I supposed to do now!? I can't dodge that much fire! I'd need.. Wait, what if I.. She thought through a few scenarios before coming up with an idea. ..Yeah, that might work! Well, on paper at least. Might as well test the theory.. With that, she ran out the other side of the arch to the edge of the arena and followed it along until she made it to the vehicles front line. When she got there she stepped up the wall of the edge and pushed off of it hard, making herself fly and turn right into the vehicles path. After flying for a short while she put her feet to the ground and continued to run, keeping the momentum she had. As she neared the vehicles, she held her hammer in front of her like a lance, aimed for the light vehicles just in front of the tanks. With the speed she was going, the aircone behind her was begining to grow longer until an airbubble burst with a loud boom as Traci hit supersonic just before colliding with the first light vehicle and smashing it on impact. The rest were flipped over or went flying a short distance, completely smashed.

Traci skidded to a halt just before touching the other side of the arena she started from. Okay.. That may have been a little too much.. She thought as she lay on the ground, trying to catch her breath.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm
Posts: 345
Location: Babylon Gardens?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jolty shakes his head, standing. "Your my best shot of getting home. Plus, I want to help people." He sighs, pinching his brow. "But we need to deal with my...problem, currently. I could cure it easily if I had the materials, however I don't have enough money to purchase them...."

_________________
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.


*Russian Intensifies*


Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2853
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Shame we can not tell if those vehicles are automated or not. Then we would know how much force we should use.” Quint muttered under his breath, as he blew the cannon off another heavy vehicle, then followed it with a blast to the things machine gun. ”We could ask Hivemind, but I do not get the feeling he is in a good mood after what just happened.”
Yeah, best not to bother him with stupid questions. Anyways, you want to try out those knee things?
”Undoubtably.” Quint positioned his legs so that they were directly facing two of the chargers focused on Traci and fired. One of them got hit in the leg, and immediately fell over as said leg went completely limp, while the other got hit in the head and was knocked out. ”Interesting. So it works as some sort of biological emp. That seems useful.

—MEANWHILE—

Lewis gave another internal sigh as Hivemind continued to spout facts about this universe that completely contradicted what he thought of as reality. ”Alright then. How do we know if we or anyone else on this ship got powers from that crossing? I have a tingly feeling in the back of my head, does that mean anything?

_________________
Support Temtem!! It’s Pokemon, but as an MMO.


Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:18 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1934
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
Lewis gave another internal sigh as Hivemind continued to spout facts about this universe that completely contradicted what he thought of as reality. ”Alright then. How do we know if we or anyone else on this ship got powers from that crossing? I have a tingly feeling in the back of my head, does that mean anything?


The droid shrugged. "Don't know. There are some tests I could run, but I can't run them here. I doubt that tingly feeling means anything though."

---------------------------------------

Jolty-Kun Wrote:
Jolty shakes his head, standing. "Your my best shot of getting home. Plus, I want to help people." He sighs, pinching his brow. "But we need to deal with my...problem, currently. I could cure it easily if I had the materials, however I don't have enough money to purchase them...."


"Money isn't a problem." Hivemind said, waving a hand. "What is it you need?"

---------------------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Conall looks mortified.
"Och, Ah didnae ken ye signed. Sorry, Ah'll hae tae watch ma mooth* now. Yer pullin' ma leg though, right? Magic isnae real!"


The android signed back to him. "Just a tip: don't say that something isn't real, because the next thing you know that thing is going to be real and possibly angry. I've seen enough to know anything is possible."

Once the salve was applied, Tyratea moved over to Conall and handed him a bottle of some kind of red liquid. "Drink this. It will fight any possible infection."

---------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp finally broke through and the door cracked open a few inches. He felt the relief as fingers seized the door from the other side and pulled. "Many casualties in here," he asked of the Canine who seemed to be the leader. "Where's the chief?"
"Out cold," the Junior Officer replied, "Six dead, sir. Nine injured. What happened, sir?"
Corp saw the look of confusion and hopelessnes on the Dober types face but he was in no hurry to accommodate the question. "Medical treatment is on the way but it will take time. Get those spare to take medical kits but we need the engines stopped. Now."
"Stop the engines," he queried, aghast, "when we're still in transit?"
Corp looked in on things. The sensors working only detected movement by the ship's location from her previous point in space. It was showing them as still moving. Corp assumed that was the Beacon thing but, without external visual sensors, the Engineering deck couldn't have known. "Get it done," he said. "We're not in transit." He resisted the temptation to say they were in a docking hanger of a Spacecraft that seemed to be the size of a city. He doubted he'd be believed.


It didn't take long for one of the patrolling hive droids to show up with a team of medics. "There are wounded in here. Tend to them."

As they did so, Hivemind walked up to Corp and the engineer. "What are the worst injuries? So I can tell the medics."

---------------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Kol slows her attack just long enough to grab a charger and throw it as hard as she can at the infantryman calling out orders.
His voice was anoying.
As soon as that's delt with it's back to smashing chunks out of chargers, though she's started seeing if she can hit them at people now instead of just launching them in random directions.


The charger hit the infantryman, sending both of them to the ground. The others weren't caught off guard, however, and the thrown chargers started missing.
-1 light infantry.
-20 chargers.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny leaped forward, past the remaining infantryman, rolled on impact with the ground and twisted up to be face-to-face. She hit out fast with her left hand to strike him in the face with her gun butt before putting a grasping his arm and throwing him to the ground. She fired at the battle rig, seeking to keep it in cover as much as possible.


The infantryman crumpled to the ground. Jenny's shot hit the armored infantry, damaging it's armor.
-1 light infantry.
1 armored infantry damaged.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich fought his way through a small group of infantry, now that they were distracted, using a variety of punches, kicks and throws. It all flowed together rather well, one take-down allowing him to quickly move to the next in order to avoid being pinned down for too long. He made his way through the group until he came upon the back line of tanks and light infantry vehicles. He moved a hand up and all of the shielding created by his gauntlets vanished as a pillar of hard light drove it's way up into the tank in an attempt to flip it over.


The damaged tank lifted into the air before toppling onto it's side and rolling, stopping when upside-down.
-5 light infantry.
-1 tank.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana quickly surveyed the situation and saw the stunned light vehicles and began aiming her charged shot at them to capitlize when she saw the chargers nearing the civilian... and seemingly no one holding back to protect said civilian. She let out a growl, firing her charged shot at one of the stunned light vehicles as she rocketed to stand in front of the civilian. She quickly holstered her rifle and charged up a kinetic blast with both arms, sending a heavy, angled wall of kinetic energy at the approaching chargers, though making sure the angle sent the wall into the ground before hitting any of her front line allies. Before the flying chargers hit the ground she held a combat stance similar to a boxer or street fighter, ready to send out quick isolated blasts with her punches and go hand to hand with any charger charging her way, "Okay, makes sense, have the sniper in the back, but still man..."


The light vehicle's engine exploded into flame. Two infantrymen rushed out of it, carrying their guns.
-1 light vehicle.
+2 light infantry.
-22 chargers.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci stopped her charge as Kol smashed her way into the charger group. Whoa, what the- Her thought was cut off by the infantryman calling out and all collective weapons turning to aim at her. Also at that moment, Ulrich's shield disappeared. Oh carp.. As soon as they started to fire, She bolted for the other end of the natural archway and took cover. Well, that's just great! What am I supposed to do now!? I can't dodge that much fire! I'd need.. Wait, what if I.. She thought through a few scenarios before coming up with an idea. ..Yeah, that might work! Well, on paper at least. Might as well test the theory.. With that, she ran out the other side of the arch to the edge of the arena and followed it along until she made it to the vehicles front line. When she got there she stepped up the wall of the edge and pushed off of it hard, making herself fly and turn right into the vehicles path. After flying for a short while she put her feet to the ground and continued to run, keeping the momentum she had. As she neared the vehicles, she held her hammer in front of her like a lance, aimed for the light vehicles just in front of the tanks. With the speed she was going, the aircone behind her was begining to grow longer until an airbubble burst with a loud boom as Traci hit supersonic just before colliding with the first light vehicle and smashing it on impact. The rest were flipped over or went flying a short distance, completely smashed.

Traci skidded to a halt just before touching the other side of the arena she started from. Okay.. That may have been a little too much.. She thought as she lay on the ground, trying to catch her breath.


The impact and close-range sonic boom dealt massive damage to all of the light vehicles, nearly disintegrating the one she had hit with the hammer directly. After the rest of the vehicles rolled around after being tossed like toys, people started climbing out of them, in no state to fight. Unfortunately, there was no-one left to climb out of the first vehicle.

-5 light vehicles.
+8 light infantry.
+2 fatalities.

"Traci! Ease up on the power, there are virtual people in those vehicles! Recorded two fatalities. Penalty: Respawning the light vehicles and adding two more tanks."

+6 light vehicles.
+2 tanks.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Shame we can not tell if those vehicles are automated or not. Then we would know how much force we should use.” Quint muttered under his breath, as he blew the cannon off another heavy vehicle, then followed it with a blast to the things machine gun. ”We could ask Hivemind, but I do not get the feeling he is in a good mood after what just happened.”
Yeah, best not to bother him with stupid questions. Anyways, you want to try out those knee things?
”Undoubtably.” Quint positioned his legs so that they were directly facing two of the chargers focused on Traci and fired. One of them got hit in the leg, and immediately fell over as said leg went completely limp, while the other got hit in the head and was knocked out. ”Interesting. So it works as some sort of biological emp. That seems useful.


(I'm assuming you mean infantrymen.)
The second tank's cannon once again was shot off. It switched to it's secondary gun, like before.
-2 light infantry.
1 tank attack down.

Summery:
+1 light infantry.
1 armored infantry health down.
Light vehicles reset.
+ 1 tank. 1 tank attack down.
-42 chargers.

13 light infantry remain.
10 armored infantry remain. 1 armored infantry is damaged.
6 light vehicles remain.
3 tanks remain. 1 has reduced attack.
Chargers destroyed.

All units are still focusing fire on Traci. Now is not the time to rest!

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1122
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Traci heard Hivemind's voice echo around the arena, mentally facepalming. of course the vehicles are manned by human targets! Why did I think otherwise? Ugh.. She hit her communicator. "My bad, everyone. I'll hit 'em with a little less force this time.." She said sheepishly before getting up with quick flip and almost being shot. Oh yeah, they're still targeting me. Better move.. With that she was off again, heading for the newly spawned vehicles. Dodging that much fire was tough even for Traci as she got grazed a couple of times before making it to the first vehicle and hitting it with a 'lance charge' like before but with much less power, only making flip over lightly onto it's roof. The second one was close enough that after flipping the first one, she made for a sliding tackle and held her hammer up at an angle making that one flip over too onto the side. She used it as cover to get up and turn to face the infantry that had now clambered out of the first vehicle, taking them out before they could use their rifles. "See? I got this.." She said triumphantly, before rushing around the arena to take the other side..

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3602
Images: 2
Location: Currently, Sand-boarding in Green Hill
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
having run out of chargers to break, Kol turns her attention to the nearest armored trooper, using her staff blunt to try and smack his weapon out of his hands before reactivating hammer mode and seeing how many hits it takes to launch him into the nears squad of troops like a flying battering ram.

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2853
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Quint was not all that upset that Traci accidentally incurred some penalties, as the extra forces did not affect the plan they had. ”You guys might want to stick to ranged attacks for a minute. You do not want to get hit by this.” He said, before turning his knee blasters on automatic and flying in loops around the ground forces. The infantry quickly fell to Kolt had dubbed the “biodisrupter,” and in less than a minute every enemy outside a vehicle was unconscious. Now to see if they took the bait.

—MEANWHILE—

”I think whoever’s still alive on this ship should under go that test. Liz said, turning her attention back to Hivemind after helping the techies get the scanners back up. ”The passengers aren’t going to like it, but it’s better than them suddenly losing control of powers they don’t know they have. Could you set up whatever you need for the test in this hanger?”

_________________
Support Temtem!! It’s Pokemon, but as an MMO.


Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9327
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Well that seems to have worked, oh mighty Flying Fox," Jenny remarked into her comm as she took several grenades from her downed infantryman. She activated one and threw it to land close to the underside of the vehicle attacking her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wish I knew," the Engineer admitted bitterly in response to the drone's question as he tried to bring the engines to a stop. "The Unconscious ones?" He sighed and turned to Corp. "It's not working. I'll need to, um, disengage the rods manually."
At that, Corp put up a hand. "Stuff the sacrifice play Kelly." He glanced at HiveMind. "You good with lethal radiation?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken went for a wander around the bay, eventually finding himself looking up at MT. "No-one would be hunting me if I drove that," he told himself, having been too interested by everything earlier to have paid attention to the Mech.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2853
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”You can stop flirting Jenny. Kolt is currently not in charge of this body.” Quint said on a private com link as he blew the barrel of one of the tanks. ”If I am completely honest, I feel somewhat weird with you flirting with him while I am in control.”

_________________
Support Temtem!! It’s Pokemon, but as an MMO.


Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9327
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Hardly flirting, Q," Jenny replied, probably lying as she made for cover, "just a bit of badinage is all."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:30 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1130
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana chuckled, liking the sight of no chargers. She grabbed her rifle and began firing once more, firing plasma at a few armored units in her sight, and quickly flicking her aim towards any light infantry that caught her eye, sending a kinetic sniper shot their way. Other than that she stayed behind, deciding to play the role of final defense in case something became a threat to their objective... and because she didn't want to get wrapped up in the cluster of chaos that he allies created. Pot shots and occasional vehicle wreckage would suit her well enough.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3602
Images: 2
Location: Currently, Sand-boarding in Green Hill
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Quint might want to keep in mind in future that one of the fighters in the team doesnt do ranged combat at all, sucks at dodging, and was already in close range... as kol is currently face down in the mud...

_________________
I have a gun shaped like a flying saucer that shoots glowing purple polygon people. your argument is invalid.

Characters


Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3739
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich lifted a hand up, bringing a pillar if light up underneath of a light vehicle, popping it up into the air. Another pillar appeared next to it and smashed it into a couple of the other light vehicles.

----------

Chris looked down at the fox creature, "Who's hunting you?"

----------

Doctor Vanderbilt shook his head when he heard Lewis mention powers again. "The thought of you with powers is terrifying." He pulled the needle from within another dogs leg and felt around to make sure the fracture had healed.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:39 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1934
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”I think whoever’s still alive on this ship should under go that test. Liz said, turning her attention back to Hivemind after helping the techies get the scanners back up. ”The passengers aren’t going to like it, but it’s better than them suddenly losing control of powers they don’t know they have. Could you set up whatever you need for the test in this hanger?”


"Will do. Speaking of which, we should probably start getting the survivors off the ship so they can get better treatment for their injuries, as well as get acquainted with the ship." The droid suggested.

-----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Wish I knew," the Engineer admitted bitterly in response to the drone's question as he tried to bring the engines to a stop. "The Unconscious ones?" He sighed and turned to Corp. "It's not working. I'll need to, um, disengage the rods manually."
At that, Corp put up a hand. "Stuff the sacrifice play Kelly." He glanced at HiveMind. "You good with lethal radiation?"


"Probably better with it than you are, I suspect. Give me a minute." The droid moved over to the engines and started shutting them down. It disengaged the rods for each of the engines, getting exposed to large doses of radiation in the process. When he was done, his body was horribly damaged. Deciding that body was toast, Hivemind left it and it crumpled to the ground. A second hive droid entered the room to replace the first one. "Not really immune to it, it seems. Lucky I'm called Hivemind for a reason." The new droid commented. "We should get the survivors out of here. They are going to need to have a few things explained to them."

-----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken went for a wander around the bay, eventually finding himself looking up at MT. "No-one would be hunting me if I drove that," he told himself, having been too interested by everything earlier to have paid attention to the Mech.


"That would be a safe assumption." MT replied. "I was built for shock tactics and discouragement through intimidation. They just forgot to give me a personality that matched the intent."

-----------------------

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci heard Hivemind's voice echo around the arena, mentally facepalming. of course the vehicles are manned by human targets! Why did I think otherwise? Ugh.. She hit her communicator. "My bad, everyone. I'll hit 'em with a little less force this time.." She said sheepishly before getting up with quick flip and almost being shot. Oh yeah, they're still targeting me. Better move.. With that she was off again, heading for the newly spawned vehicles. Dodging that much fire was tough even for Traci as she got grazed a couple of times before making it to the first vehicle and hitting it with a 'lance charge' like before but with much less power, only making flip over lightly onto it's roof. The second one was close enough that after flipping the first one, she made for a sliding tackle and held her hammer up at an angle making that one flip over too onto the side. She used it as cover to get up and turn to face the infantry that had now clambered out of the first vehicle, taking them out before they could use their rifles. "See? I got this.." She said triumphantly, before rushing around the arena to take the other side..


"That's better, Traci. Know your own strength!" Hivemind called out to the feline as the two infantrymen climbed out of the second vehicle.
-2 light vehicles.
+2 light infantry.

Buster Wrote:
having run out of chargers to break, Kol turns her attention to the nearest armored trooper, using her staff blunt to try and smack his weapon out of his hands before reactivating hammer mode and seeing how many hits it takes to launch him into the nears squad of troops like a flying battering ram.


The armored infantry was simply too heavy for the staff's non-lethal concussive blast to launch. However, she did manage to knock it off balance and send it crashing to the ground. Unable to manuver the rig to get back up again, the infantryman ejected from it.
-1 armored infantry.
+1 light infantry.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Quint was not all that upset that Traci accidentally incurred some penalties, as the extra forces did not affect the plan they had. ”You guys might want to stick to ranged attacks for a minute. You do not want to get hit by this.” He said, before turning his knee blasters on automatic and flying in loops around the ground forces. The infantry quickly fell to Kolt had dubbed the “biodisrupter,” and in less than a minute every enemy outside a vehicle was unconscious. Now to see if they took the bait.

Buster Wrote:
Quint might want to keep in mind in future that one of the fighters in the team doesnt do ranged combat at all, sucks at dodging, and was already in close range... as kol is currently face down in the mud...


"QUINT! EASE UP AND WATCH YOUR AIM!" Hivemind shouted. "FRIENDLY FIRE: RESP...."
-16 light infantry.
Kol is down!

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well that seems to have worked, oh mighty Flying Fox," Jenny remarked into her comm as she took several grenades from her downed infantryman. She activated one and threw it to land close to the underside of the vehicle attacking her.


-1 light vehicle

The vehicle exploded, fire and shrapnel filling the cabin. Obviously, no one exited the burning wreckage. Hivemind facepalmed. "What did I just say?! Fatality penalty on top of the friendly fire penalty!" Hivemind was worried they weren't trying hard enough to avoid killing. A grenade? Really?! And Friendly Fire! He decided to make this penalty much harsher in hopes they would get the message. "Respawning all infantry, then doubling all units, AND Respawning the chargers. New units are upgraded as well. Hopefully you will start taking these penalties seriously now."

All fallen light infantry got back up. Then in an instant, the team found themselves swimming in enemies as the current count of all units doubled. The new units materialized around the old ones, and they had some pretty obvious upgrades. 20% of the infantry were now carrying heavy weapons including guided rocket launchers with automatic hand-held micromissile launchers. The rest of the light infantry now carried LMGs with high-explosive bullets. The new light vehicles had rail-gun repeaters instead of their standard machine-guns. The new armored infantry had plasma miniguns on their right arms and long range flamethrowers on their left arms. The new tanks were bigger, with thicker armor, bigger cannons, shielding, and anti-air scatter-missile launchers on the turret.

If that weren't enough, the one-hundred chargers materialized once again. They began their charge toward the civilian.

+70 light infantry.
+ 3 light vehicles.
+ 9 armored infantry.
+ 3 tanks.
+ 100 chargers.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”You can stop flirting Jenny. Kolt is currently not in charge of this body.” Quint said on a private com link as he blew the barrel of one of the tanks. ”If I am completely honest, I feel somewhat weird with you flirting with him while I am in control.”


The tank, now shielded and a lot tougher, didn't loose it's barrel this time. The shielding surrounding it turned from blue to red, indicating it took the hit before returning fire by filling the air with missiles flying randomly in all upward directions.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana chuckled, liking the sight of no chargers. She grabbed her rifle and began firing once more, firing plasma at a few armored units in her sight, and quickly flicking her aim towards any light infantry that caught her eye, sending a kinetic sniper shot their way. Other than that she stayed behind, deciding to play the role of final defense in case something became a threat to their objective... and because she didn't want to get wrapped up in the cluster of chaos that he allies created. Pot shots and occasional vehicle wreckage would suit her well enough.


The plasma shots hit their marks. Two rigs had their joints melted, forcing the infantry inside to eject. One light vehicle's engine burst into flame, forcing those infantry to exit. Her pot-shots at infantry dropped about 5 light infantry before they started avoiding her sight.

-2 armored infantry (+2 light infantry)
-1 light vehicle (+2 light infantry)
-5 light infantry (-1 light infantry total)

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich lifted a hand up, bringing a pillar if light up underneath of a light vehicle, popping it up into the air. Another pillar appeared next to it and smashed it into a couple of the other light vehicles.


Though Ulrich successfully flipped the first light vehicle into the others, the impact wasn't enough to disable the two other light vehicles.

Summery:

+69 light infantry
+6 armored infantry
-1 light vehicle
+3 tanks
+100 chargers

Total:
69 light infantry
16 armored infantry
5 light vehicles
6 tanks
100 chargers
Charger progress to civilian is 0%

14 light infantry are firing guided missiles at Quint/Kolt! 3 tanks are firing scattered missiles at Quint/Kolt!
19 light infantry are laying suppressing fire on Jenny with explosive ammo!
1 light infantry just called in for reinforcements! "Reinforcements" arrive in 4 turns!
3 tanks fire their main guns at Ulrich! 8 armored infantry fire their flamethrowers at Ulrich! 5 light infantry circle around to try to hit Ulrich from behind!
2 light vehicles take aim at Tatiana with their hypersonic railguns while 10 light infantry lay down suppressing fire. 4 armored infantry fire at Tatiana with their miniguns!
3 light vehicles rapidly fire hypersonic ammo from their railguns at Traci! 20 light infantry fire their explosive rounds at Traci! 4 Armored infantry try to block her path with their flamethrowers!

Kol has been carried out of the arena. She is being tended to in the infirmary a few doors down the hall.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9327
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny gritted her teeth with anger after the explosion. "lovely day!" she complained into the comm as things recommenced, "My fault. Thought that was set to concussion!" She lowered her tone as she changed the setting on the explosive devices and lobbed another grenade to land about fifty metres from another group of troops and behind some boxes, aiming for the shockwave to do more effect than the actual blast, knockingthem bandy more than causing shrapnel damage. She switched back to her pistols and fired back at the infantry with stun bolt after stun bolt.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken grinned as MechaChris made its' statements. "Oh," he breezed, having recalled something his father once said about telling a Celican by the quality of his enemies, "just my government and several top assassins."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you can do anything without effort," Corp huffed, "life becomes boring." With that having been said, the grumpy Mouse began directing his people out, instructing a Rabbit in what remained of a security uniform who had bandages wrapped around her torso to lead the others out. A groaning sound from the other side of the room had him turn to see a Feline cringing as things started shaking around him. Again Corp could feel the fear growing around him as things began to levitate upwards around the engineer and he began to step over as the others looked on. "Like we have time for this," he said, drawing his shok-stik, ready to stun the individual.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1122
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Traci skidded to a halt as she watched all the units get back up or spawn in with their upgrades. "Uhh.. I-I uh, I'm done! I-I surrender!!" She says hesitantly, holding her arms up and dropping the hammer.

But the units continue firing at Traci, she doesn't have time to dodge..

Traci is down!

-----

After Keeva took her pill and thanked the doctor, Rika continued her work on the rest of the crew in the maintenance bay.

Once everyone was treated, she packed her thing up and walked over to the Hive drone in the room. "Everyone here is patched up now, Hive. Whats next?" She asked, looking around the room.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3739
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris smiled or at least provided the equivalent of a smile, "Oh? Are you an escaped experiment? Maybe you're some sort of special alien from another world masquerading as one of their species? Spooky!" He was joking of course.

---------

Ulrich slid a foot back to steady himself as his shield matrix sprung to life and appeared around him, intercepting the tank rounds in flight. "Hive, I am trying hard to be nice. How much force can they take before it is considered lethal," he asked before being cut off by the sound of roaring flamethrowers. He quickly brought up a shield, cutting off the flames just as they would have singed his hair if they were real. Ulrich was glad they weren't because burning hair smelled really bad. He moved backwards, keeping his eyes on the flamethrowers as his shield matrix took care of whatever shots the light infantry trying to circle around him fired off. Once he was in a good enough position he swiped a hand to the side, creating a platform under the feet of the flamethrowing infantrymen, quickly lifting it up and removing it from underneath them, dropping them from a height of around 3 meters; nonlethal but hopefully high enough to be incapacitating. He turned to face the infantrymen that had circled behind him. Bringing his index fingers and thumbs together and spreading them apart, created a wall of light next to the infantrymen and proceeded to slide it towards them, piling them up as it went along.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:44 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12644
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah spared him a grin. "Already did, pet," she said, "bu' now ye sniff of Toffee apple tae."

"Aye. Da' wuid be mortified. He always says ye cuid identify a real man by his scent an' tha' men shuid smell o' work, leather, wood an' pipe smoke. O' course he disnae actually smoke. But he does like tae chew a pipe tae make him look sophisticated. He-... Oh gosh..." Cailean stops, sniffing. That's definitely just excess salve he's wiping from his eyes.

~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon Wrote:
The android signed back to him. "Just a tip: don't say that something isn't real, because the next thing you know that thing is going to be real and possibly angry. I've seen enough to know anything is possible."

Once the salve was applied, Tyratea moved over to Conall and handed him a bottle of some kind of red liquid. "Drink this. It will fight any possible infection."

Conall raises the bottle towards the reptilian lady in a toast and then downs the liquid. He pulls a face at the taste and then signs his thanks, hoping the android will translate for him if Tyratea doesn't know sign.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:34 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 2853
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”I am sorry. I thought that she had gotten out of the way.” Quint said, though as usual very little emotion made it’s way to his face and voice. ”Though I cannot help but feel this is a bit excessive. I am honestly unsure that we can protect the civilian from this level of opposition without resorting to lethal mea-OH DEAR! His protests were interrupted by the missiles that were just launched at him, and he was to dodge to avoid being hit. He flew into the forest, twisting and swerving between the trees in an effort to either shake off the missiles or force them to crash. As he came out the other end of the forest and found that there were still five missiles following him, Quint sighed and radioed Hivemind. ”As I was about to say before you threw a bunch of missiles at us, Mythos would have likely put some kind of datafile in this suit about undoing the effects of what I just accidentally hit Kol with. I would look it up, but I cannot, as these missiles require too much of my attention. If you could pause the simulation for a minute, I could help you take care of her, and you will not waste time trying procedures that will not work.”

—MEANWHILE—

”That sounds like a good idea.” Liz said, some part of her happy that she didn’t have to be on top of everything for once. ”It’ll be a bit difficult though, since there large chunks of the ship where debris has either completely or mostly cut them off from the rest of the ship. We’re going to need to clear all that out if we want to get to any of them.”

_________________
Support Temtem!! It’s Pokemon, but as an MMO.


Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:56 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1130
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana would have liked to take a moment to facepalm at the annoying scenario placed before her, but instead groaned as she was forced to act quickly. She first telepathically grabbed one of the light vehicles firing at her and practically threw it at its shooting buddy. She once again holstered her rifle and started to glide quickly across the ground, avoiding fire while dashing between light infantry, giving each one she passed a quick, kinetically enhanced punch to take them out before dashing away. A few minigun bullets glanced off her shell. She let out a glitched sounding growl, she had half the mind to charge down the armored units as well but the four miniguns were a problem, so she decided to make them not a problem. She telepathically sent her rifle from its holster to her hand and started firing rapidly at the closest armored units, primarily aiming at the minigun to disable it.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:34 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 1934
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”That sounds like a good idea.” Liz said, some part of her happy that she didn’t have to be on top of everything for once. ”It’ll be a bit difficult though, since there large chunks of the ship where debris has either completely or mostly cut them off from the rest of the ship. We’re going to need to clear all that out if we want to get to any of them.”


"I'll get some heavier muscle in here. I bet Jaken's abilities will help... Probably could recruit that dragon mech and it's pilot to help with the debris. Can you tell me what areas are blocked?" the droid asked.

--------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken grinned as MechaChris made its' statements. "Oh," he breezed, having recalled something his father once said about telling a Celican by the quality of his enemies, "just my government and several top assassins."

Deske Wrote:
Chris smiled or at least provided the equivalent of a smile, "Oh? Are you an escaped experiment? Maybe you're some sort of special alien from another world masquerading as one of their species? Spooky!" He was joking of course.


Chris, I... think he's telling the truth. None of his vitals are indicating this is a made up story. The mech examined the fox child further. In fact, if anything it sounds like he's understating the situation.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
After Keeva took her pill and thanked the doctor, Rika continued her work on the rest of the crew in the maintenance bay.

Once everyone was treated, she packed her thing up and walked over to the Hive drone in the room. "Everyone here is patched up now, Hive. Whats next?" She asked, looking around the room.


The hive droid walked up, Cyber right next to him. "The captain has informed me that there are sections of the ship that are cut off by debris. We need to clear it out and treat any injured in those sections. MT, Chris, would you mind helping clear the path?"

"I am willing." The mech stated. "However, Chris is the one in control right now."

--------------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Aye. Da' wuid be mortified. He always says ye cuid identify a real man by his scent an' tha' men shuid smell o' work, leather, wood an' pipe smoke. O' course he disnae actually smoke. But he does like tae chew a pipe tae make him look sophisticated. He-... Oh gosh..." Cailean stops, sniffing. That's definitely just excess salve he's wiping from his eyes.

Conall raises the bottle towards the reptilian lady in a toast and then downs the liquid. He pulls a face at the taste and then signs his thanks, hoping the android will translate for him if Tyratea doesn't know sign.


"He said 'thank you' Tyratea." The android translated. He then translated her reply of "You are very welcome." back to Conall.

Tyratea looked over to Cailean and rushed to him. "Please, do not cry. It will wash the salve away." She said, preparing some more of the ointment. As she applied it, she tried to comfort the canine. "Do not worry. If I know Hivemind, and everyone on the ship does, he will do whatever he can to reunite everyone with their families. It will take time, lots of time even. But you will get back home."

--------------------------------

"[color=#404080]If you can do anything without effort," Corp huffed, "life becomes boring." With that having been said, the grumpy Mouse began directing his people out, instructing a Rabbit in what remained of a security uniform who had bandages wrapped around her torso to lead the others out. A groaning sound from the other side of the room had him turn to see a Feline cringing as things started shaking around him. Again Corp could feel the fear growing around him as things began to levitate upwards around the engineer and he began to step over as the others looked on. "Like we have time for this," he said, drawing his shok-stik, ready to stun the individual.[/quote]

Yet another hive droid was waiting outside the room. It directed the group of survivors to the exit.

"I'd rather have a boring, controlled life than one of tragedy, anxiety, or uncertainty." The droid replied. "Luckily this universe has ways of keeping things exciting, so I don't have to choose." He turned to the feline, hesitating. He had a stun pistol that could knock out the cat before he could become a threat to himself, but suddenly drawing a weapon might not be taken well by the grouchy mouse.

--------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny gritted her teeth with anger after the explosion. "lovely day!" she complained into the comm as things recommenced, "My fault. Thought that was set to concussion!" She lowered her tone as she changed the setting on the explosive devices and lobbed another grenade to land about fifty metres from another group of troops and behind some boxes, aiming for the shockwave to do more effect than the actual blast, knockingthem bandy more than causing shrapnel damage. She switched back to her pistols and fired back at the infantry with stun bolt after stun bolt.


"It's an explosive grenade to the unarmored underside of a light vehicle, Jenny. Fragments included or not, it would have turned the metal of the vehicle into fragments." Hivemind replied as Jenny took out more of the infantry attacking her.

-10 light infantry.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci skidded to a halt as she watched all the units get back up or spawn in with their upgrades. "Uhh.. I-I uh, I'm done! I-I surrender!!" She says hesitantly, holding her arms up and dropping the hammer.

But the units continue firing at Traci, she doesn't have time to dodge..

Traci is down!


hivemind gave himself a facepalm as androids, hidden from the simulation, picked Traci up and carried her out of the room. As soon as they left the simulation, her injuries would vanish. "Sorry, Traci. You're out for the rest of the round. You can go to the spectator stands with Angel team through those doors there." He said, pointing to some smaller doors down on the other end of the wall.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich slid a foot back to steady himself as his shield matrix sprung to life and appeared around him, intercepting the tank rounds in flight. "Hive, I am trying hard to be nice. How much force can they take before it is considered lethal," he asked before being cut off by the sound of roaring flamethrowers. He quickly brought up a shield, cutting off the flames just as they would have singed his hair if they were real. Ulrich was glad they weren't because burning hair smelled really bad. He moved backwards, keeping his eyes on the flamethrowers as his shield matrix took care of whatever shots the light infantry trying to circle around him fired off. Once he was in a good enough position he swiped a hand to the side, creating a platform under the feet of the flamethrowing infantrymen, quickly lifting it up and removing it from underneath them, dropping them from a height of around 3 meters; nonlethal but hopefully high enough to be incapacitating. He turned to face the infantrymen that had circled behind him. Bringing his index fingers and thumbs together and spreading them apart, created a wall of light next to the infantrymen and proceeded to slide it towards them, piling them up as it went along.


As the armored infantry rigs fell, their legs crumpled under their weight, sending them down. Nobody climbed out, but that wasn't because of fatalities. Their legs were broken. As for the light infantry, a few were knocked out from the impact, but two of them got back up and resumed their attack.

Hivemind answered his question. "Flipping the tanks upside-down works regardless of the tank's shielding. However, if you dropped the tank from, say, five feet, it's weight would cause serious damage to it without the fall doing too much damage to the people inside."

-8 armored infantry
-3 light infantry

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana would have liked to take a moment to facepalm at the annoying scenario placed before her, but instead groaned as she was forced to act quickly. She first telepathically grabbed one of the light vehicles firing at her and practically threw it at its shooting buddy. She once again holstered her rifle and started to glide quickly across the ground, avoiding fire while dashing between light infantry, giving each one she passed a quick, kinetically enhanced punch to take them out before dashing away. A few minigun bullets glanced off her shell. She let out a glitched sounding growl, she had half the mind to charge down the armored units as well but the four miniguns were a problem, so she decided to make them not a problem. She telepathically sent her rifle from its holster to her hand and started firing rapidly at the closest armored units, primarily aiming at the minigun to disable it.


Snipers are accurate weapons, and this was a fairly smart move. The shots managed to break the miniguns of the rigs they hit. They switched to their flamethrowers.

4 armored infantry miniguns disabled.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I am sorry. I thought that she had gotten out of the way.” Quint said, though as usual very little emotion made it’s way to his face and voice. ”Though I cannot help but feel this is a bit excessive. I am honestly unsure that we can protect the civilian from this level of opposition without resorting to lethal mea-OH DEAR! His protests were interrupted by the missiles that were just launched at him, and he was to dodge to avoid being hit. He flew into the forest, twisting and swerving between the trees in an effort to either shake off the missiles or force them to crash. As he came out the other end of the forest and found that there were still five missiles following him, Quint sighed and radioed Hivemind. ”As I was about to say before you threw a bunch of missiles at us, Mythos would have likely put some kind of datafile in this suit about undoing the effects of what I just accidentally hit Kol with. I would look it up, but I cannot, as these missiles require too much of my attention. If you could pause the simulation for a minute, I could help you take care of her, and you will not waste time trying procedures that will not work.”


Hivemind hesitated. He had to admit, this was getting fairly out of hand. Then, the remaining missiles exploded in midair. "Alright. Pausing the simulation." At that point, all enemy units froze in place. Projectiles they had fired were suspended in midair. "Everyone, you have ten minutes or until Kolt gets back to rest, recover, and work out your strategy."

Summery:
-13 light infantry
-8 armored infantry
4 armored infantry miniguns disabled.

56 light infantry remain. 14 have heavy weapons.
8 armored infantry remain. 4 have damaged miniguns.
5 light vehicles remain.
6 tanks remain.
100 chargers remain.
Charger progress to civilian is 33%
3 turns until reinforcements.

Simulation paused!

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:04 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 62  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.