Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

With a yawn, Jaken rolled off his floatation device and vanished underwater, sputting and coughing as he pulled his bedraggled self back into view. After shaking his head clear of some of the water, he headed for shore with Randy and back to the place he'd lodged his shorts. At least the sun was hot and drying was going well. He nodded to the Human in charge, flecking him with some remaining water, and headed inside to the lockers. Where was his again? He looked at the symbol on the key in the little pocket of these shorts he had on now and matched it to one of the lockers. He tried it and it didn't open. He shook the locker and whined at it but it didn't budge. Then he noticed he had it wrong. The little line was below the curly symbol (6, not 9) and that matched another locker. So he opened that and pulled out his old pair. The one with the flies. Well, tiny crawly things anyhow. He heard a shuttle pass overhead, heading for the spaceport some miles distant as he set to locating the crystal. It took him a moment to find it, right down in the bottom corner of the pocket and he pulled the tiny blue crystal out in its protective, velveteen, pouch. He'd never worked out why they had the pouch as the things were practically indestructible anyway. He took it in hand and trotted back outside as another shuttle passed overhead. He theorised it must be rush hour and looked up.

And hid undercover next to Randy, trying to keep from being seen. The swept-wing design. The angular nosecone... "Celican shuttle," he said.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty looked up, frowning. "Celicans...?"
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hmm," Ulrich scratched his chin, "Maybe a couple of slices of meat loaf could substitute for bread in a sandwich. Dry meat loaf is not so messy and it can hold its shape enough." He bent forward to examine a rather dull looking octopus that quickly changed its color once it realized it was being watched. It scurried away and pushed itself into the cracks of a rock, changing color again to blend in with the rock. "So how do these fish differ from the ones on your planets?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Randy jumped when Jaken suddenly hid behind him. He looked up at the shuttles with a degree of alarm, but didn't want to jump to conclusions. He figured the first thing he needed to do was secure the data crystal. He took it from Jaken and placed it in the utility belt he had retrieved from his own locker. He closed the pouch and locked it. Slinging the belt over his shoulder and fastening it to his chest, Randy put his headset on, also retrieved from his locker.

"Hivemind, two Celican shuttles just showed up. Can you tell me about them?"

"I don't suppose this has anything to do with the information request I just got for Rika and Jaken?" Hivemind spoke through Randy's headset in his ear.

"What? When? And from who?"

"Just a few minutes ago. They tried to hide who they were, but honestly they were horrible at it. Their identity encryption is decades behind..."

"This is important, Sol. The kid says his government is trying to kill him."

"Oh... well the request was from the capitol of Celica. One of the President's aids, I think."

"What about the shuttles?"

"First one, the smaller one, is a private aircraft. I suspect it's using a false transponder, because it's ID is... irregular. It doesn't follow the patterns I normally see with official Celican ships. The second is a scheduled stop by a Celican tourist ship... but it was delayed by an unscheduled stop."

Randy perked up, alert. "Do you have any reason for that stop?"

"That information was never logged. However, I do have it in the logs that the passenger count when the craft left Celica is several people short of the logs from the Bahamian Spaceport."

Randy cursed under his breath. "Jaken, stay close to me and DON'T leave my side."

-----------------------------

Morgan saw the shuttles flying overhead and saw the distress on Randy's face. "Oh, that can't be good. Jolty, you should come with me, and stay close. I feel peace might get disturbed soon."

-----------------------------

The Six foot tall Celican stepped off of his "Private shuttle" that he had parked in a single-craft hanger his employers had rented for his use. He watched and moved to cover as the second shuttle landed and the Celican tourists got off of it. He had to hurry and find the kid before something could stop him. The Celican ran off in search of him.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Jaken nodded, tensing his jaw and muscles. "R...ready to fight," he tried to convince. "No-where to run."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, that can't be good," Jenny sighed, halfway through her burger as the ships passed overhear. "They're Celican ships."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Whatever Kolt was about to say was interrupted by the ships flying overhead. He put down his burger as Jenny expressed concern about the ships makers. ”Celican huh. That’s the species that kid belonged to right? Didn’t he say something about being chased by a hunter?” Kolt sighed as he looked down as his unfinished meal. ”Dang it, I was enjoying this.” He pressed a few buttons on his watch before thrusting his arm into the air, his swimsuit changing into his supersuit in a flash. He stood up, took another bite of his burger, stuffed what was left of his onion rings in his suit’s hammerspace pocket, and grabbed his milkshake with one hand while extending the other to Jenny. ”Cahm Awn.” He said before swallowing. ”We need to go find the others. I’m pretty sure this isn’t just a coincidence.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika had started to get out of her tube when Randy and Jaken returned. "*sigh* And I thought we were safe for the rest of the day at least.. Don't tell me, Celican, right? The ships?" She asked Randy, noting the faces him and Jaken were making. She pulled herself out the water and stepped toward Jaken. "Don't worry, We're not going to let them get you.. No matter what!" She said encouragingly. She turned to Randy. "I'll go get my bag. Just in case things get.. Y'know.." With that she headed for the changing rooms and retrieved her backpack, slinging it over one of her shoulders before returning to the group. "Right! Let's hope we can discuss this like civilised beings, eh?"
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, these are smaller, and not very spiny. Also i don't see any ice floating about so they probably like it warmer." Kol explained, pointing at one of the fish.

"Hold up... something inside my helmet is blinking... um... Kolt's commlink just turned back on." she adds, sounding a little confused. "He's back in his suit? Why? I thought he and jenny were going swimming at that park thing?"

- - - - - - - - -

"Ooh, okay, thanks!" June comments, heading in through the door.
The shop seems to Cary an assortment of aquatic themed accessories. the shark-fox immediately swims over to a shelf with colorful bracelets.

- - - - - - - - -

The Celican agent would walk past an irate woman ranting about rude crazy fox people and giant rats to a receptionist who is quite clearly is only pretending to care.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty frowned, walking over to his locker, and retrieving his other articles of clothing, and putting them in his rucksack. A normal anthropomorphic cat wouldn't gain to much suspicion, but one dressed in dark, shady clothing would. Walking over, he pulls out a pair of standard looking black finger-less gloves, with a small button on the side, walking over, he joins his companions. His smile is gone, replaced by a cold, calculated, hard stare. He puts a hand on Jaken's shoulder. "I'm going to help any way I can, okay?" For a moment, he offers a smile, before hitting the button on the side of the gloves. The button glows a dull blue-white, indicating it is charged. After moving the button a few times, he seems satisfied, and looks at his accomplices for advice.

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"All right..." Randy turned to face the incoming champions. "Here's the situation. Those two ships that just arrived aren't as innocent as they look. The small one is disguising it's transponder and the big one made an unscheduled stop in the United States to pick up passengers they don't want anyone to know about. Recently somebody from the Celican government submitted an information request on Rika and Jaken. Jaken claims the government is trying to kill him, so we have to assume until it's proven otherwise that one or more of those ships contains government hunters."

Hivemind spoke through Randy's headset, but on speaker so that the others could hear. "I have ordinance on standby. Warlord, Lumberjack, and Predator are ready for deployment."

Randy was surprised. "That's... a bit overkill, don't you think?"

"A hostile alien government has possibly sent one or more assassins to the Bahamas to kill a kid under our protection. Assuming this is true, they're lucky I don't send the three warriors to their capitol to have a 'discussion' about it."

Morgan, meanwhile, retrieved her armor and attached the plating to her suit before returning to the group.

-------------------------------

Hivemind followed June into the store. It was a tight fit, but he made his way through. He started browsing with June to pass the time, swimming over to a chest full of trinkets that looked like they were supposed to be straight from a pirate ship, as he waited for Talya and Kobor to finish talking.

-------------------------------

The Celican wandered by the loud woman and tried to keep his head low until she mentioned seeing a "rude fox" somewhere in the resort. He... didn't want to talk to her, but it was the only lead he had. He couldn't even follow the kid's scent. How could you follow it, he could teleport! He walked up to the woman and asked. "Excuse me. Where can I find this fox?"
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty gingerly touched his glasses, lost in thought. "Celicans....I feel like...I have heard that name before. It's so familiar, yet....I can't place my finger on it..."

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken nodded to Jolty and remembered something. He slipped on the thin silver power gloves. To anyone who knew what they were looking at the absence of the wrist restraints that prevented injury was obvious but, right now, Jaken didn't care. The time to run was done and, if Miss Rika, Mrs Morgan and the males were going to fight for him? He'd do that for them too. "My people," he said with half a grin, when Jolty mentioned the name of his people. "Said it few times in last ten. KNEW you were not listening!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Into our lives of leisure a little carnage shall blow," Jenny said, smoothing herself off and taking Kolts' hand. "Ready when you are, handsome."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

"No, obviously, it's your people. You mentioned it several times. I just feel like I have heard the name elsewhere." He shrugs, grinning. "Perhaps it will come to me."

*Russian Intensifies*
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Kolt, the little words inside my helmet says your communicator is back on... Is something wrong?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a small smirk as Jenny called him handsome again, taking her hand and lifting the two of them into the sky. Shortly after, he received a call from Kol. ”Oh hey Kol. How did you know I’d suited up?” He paused as she talked. ”Well, nothing’s wrong yet, but uh, you remember that kid we met on the beach? The really shy one who said he was being chased by hunters? Well, two ships belonging to his people just landed nearby. Now call me paranoid, but I’ve been doing this for over half my life, and I’ve learned that coincidences are rarely such. I’m looking for the kid right no-oh there he is.” He said as he spotted Jaken and the currently human Randy. ”They’re over by the lockers. I don’t want to interrupt your time off over something that might be nothing, so I’ll call you if anything comes up. Kolt out.” He hung up, swooping down to land in front of the others. ”Hey guys.” He said, pausing to take a quick drink from his milkshake. ”I’m guessing you saw those ships too?”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Randy growled at the fact that he had to explain this yet again. So Morgan brought Kolt up to speed instead. "In short: Two Celican ships arrived. One's lying about who's ship it is, one was delayed to pick up new passengers and seems to be hiding who those passengers are. Hivemind stated that there was a recent request for information on Rika and Jaken."

Randy was sniffing the air. "Celican. Not Jaken. I'll be right back."

-----------------------

The Celican listened to the loud woman, trying to pay attention and keep his eyes from glazing over as she rather enthusiastically recounted every detail of her grievance and the encounter with the giant rat and what he could only assume was a Celican. He, with difficulty, broke away as she started raving, with no small amount of insanity, stories of how she narrowly escaped being eaten by the creatures she had just earlier described as having simply insulted the monotone coloration of human skin. Wanting to get as far away as he could from the madwoman, he fled to where she had the encounter. Looking around, he couldn't quite see...

He hid behind a nearby shop. There, standing by the lockers, was the kid he was looking for, but he was surrounded by too many people. A giant, someone in armor, and... a Celican?! He had to act fast. There were too many for even him to take on and... wait... where did the giant g-*

WHAM!

A massive, black beast dropped from the roof of the shop and slammed him to the ground. He tried reaching for his gun, but the beast tore off it's holster and smashed it in it's massive hand before bellowing out a massive, feral roar and pinning him down underneath it.

"WHO ARE YOU!" the monster snarled and he could feel it's hot breath as it held its jaws uncomfortably close to the back of his neck.

"NNRGH!" He snarled and thrashed only to have the beast put it's massive jaws around his shoulder, threatening to bite down. "rrr... Golta, IOC! Release me!"

He waited for the beast to bite down, but was surprised when it withdrew it's fangs. It still had him pinned, but small improvements are still improvements.

"JENNY! OVER HERE! DO YOU KNOW THIS MAN?" it roared to the group.
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty takes a step back, spooked. One arm tugs on his sweater, and the other is latching onto Morgan's arm. "R-remind me never to annoy him...ever. Unless I want to die." He suddenly realizes he is holding onto Morgan's arm, and lets go, embarrassed. Wow, I look like a wuss right now. Geez dork, get it together....

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny rolled her eyes as the encounter came to its' immediate, physical, end and scattered the Humans in its' wake. "He does seem familiar," she allowed before haring across to the combat. She pulled up close by. "Yup," she assented, "unless my eyes are deceiving me, this is Harden Golta, Senior IOC officer on Celica and former stuntman."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This one's... NOT out to get me," Jaken asked, looking up at Rika. The red spot on her head looked wrong and he remembered why, putting a portal up in front of her and another one pointing down into one of the nearby rivers as a shot fired, splashing down at high velocity behind them. He pulled Rika away quickly...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Startled, Jolty looked around, searching for something. Locating it, he picked up his rifle, placed near his locker by Randy, and charged it up, pulling it close. He sees Rika and Jaken disappear through the portal, and his heart leaps into his throat for a moment. It was still open. He could follow them.

Deep breaths, Jolty.... He jumps in after them, feeling himself get soaked moments later. Looking up, he sees Rika and Jaken, and wades over to them. "You guys okay?!"

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yup," jaken breathed, keeping down. "First time I went after a bullet!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It came from the... tree-top cafe?" Jenny reported, taking her tiny gun from her ankle 'sock' and preparing to fire.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

"Well, alright. Is there any way I can assist you? I figure I could help in some way, shape, or form."

*Russian Intensifies*
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt quietly nodded at Morgan’s explanation, before tilting his head when she mentioned the information request. ”Didn’t we only find him like an hour ago? How is it that whoever’s after already knows how he’s gotten close to Rika?” He said, suddenly suspicious of the security cameras around the locker room. He was distracted from his paranoia when Randy body slammed a Celican from the roof of a nearby shop. He seemed rather amused by the maneuver, quietly joking under his breath how Randy was “missing the point of good cop bad cop.” He got much more serious after Jaken narrowly prevented Rika from getting a new hole in her forehead, following them through the portal and quickly putting a forcefield over most of the group, though due to his position he was unable to make it reach Randy. ”I’m calling the others now, somebody tell Hivemind he needs to get some attack drones here ASAP.” He barked out as he dialed Kol’ number on his communicator. ”Kol, we need you and the others here now. We’re in a pool near one of the Rapids exits, and a sniper up on one of the treetop cafes to west of us has got us pinned down. My forcefield can block the shots, but if these guys bring in any heavier artillery it won’t last. Please hurry!”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Randy let the IOC agent up and was about to apologize, but when the shot rang out he found himself accidentally pinning him again as Randy instinctively ducked. "Are you serious right now?!" the agent said. Randy got up again. He pulled something out of one of his pockets and put it on his hands. The Lycan turned to Tempest. "Let's go!" before Bolting on all fours to the tree-top cafe.

--------------------

As soon as the shot was fired, Tempest put up her shields. When she saw where Jaken, Jolty, Kolt, and Rika had traveled to, she pulled at least four tons of water from the nearby attractions and swirled it around the three of them until they were surrounded by it on all sides. She flash-froze the water into a thick dome of ice around Kolt's shield. It wasn't indestructible, but it was enough to stop the sniper's bullets at least and let Kolt conserve his energy. She grabbed some more water and used it to push her to where the shots came from. She was a lot faster than The Lycan when she skated on water like this.

The red light shone on her breastplate, and another shot rang out, followed by a ping as the bullet bounced off of her shields. She didn't even seem to notice as she rocketed toward the assassin.

As she got closer, she felt who it was in more detail. It was an old vixen. Very old. Yet, more than she was old, she was strong. Morgan could feel the water composition of the assassin's body and she could tell there was a lot of muscle there. Something else she noticed, however, was that one of her teeth was false, and judging by the displacement of the water vapor inside the hollow tooth, was filled with some kind of powder. A suicide capsule.

Morgan fired a shot of water at the assassin's muzzle in order to fill her mouth with ice and prevent use of the pill.

At the same time, Randy was climbing along the outer walls of the cafe like some kind of horrible, hairy spider. When he got to the window, he dove through. He leaped off of the floor, twisted in midair and ran a few paces on the ceiling before jumping down behind the assassin.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Okay, that works." Kol answered, content to let the others deal with it...
up until a gunshot rang out in the distance and Kolt was back on the comm sounding frantic.
"Wait, Wait, I don't know where that is or how to read half of what's on this thing! hang on..." Kol complained, turning to Ulrich and Tatiana, urgency in her tone, "do either of you two know how to find a 'treetop cafe'? there's someone there shooting."

- - - - - -

"Are you sure we're in the right part of the ship?" Kobor asked, waving at the massive expanse of open water the hive drone had brought them to before continuing, "I mean, I'm sure she'd love a giant 'indoor pool' like this, but I don't actually see... anything. at all."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich watched Kol speak to whoever was on the other end of the conversation before hearing the first shot, "Treetop Cafe," he repeated, his vision tearing across the map, "Okay, we're going,
it's out and to the right."
He cleared his throat as his hands slipped into his gauntlets. A blue glow erupted from them, "Excuse me! Official Champion business, please step aside." He started moving through the crowd, most people moving out of his way, the few who didn't found themselves physically lifted and moved aside with a quiet 'Excuse me'. As soon as they got outside he summoned a platform and stepped on it, grabbing a 'handle' that was floating in front of him.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol bolts after Ulrich, not waiting to see if their teammate followed. Hopping onto the platform as soon as it's formed. She already has her staff out and is checking the charge meter.

- - - - - - - -

elsewhere, rika jaken and jolty might notice that their hasty exit has left them in the presence of one of the reporters from earlier, who has decided to abandon the piece she was doing on a nearby historic hotel to instead broadcast live footage of the action. Her camera operator getting a decent close up of Jaken only moments before the ice wall obscured him from view...
Last edited by Buster on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana couldn't help but give something between a modulated sigh and a growl, bothered that not only was something bothering her from her quest to view jellyfish, but it was too far to beat down without a long trek there. She quickly followed Ulrich and jumped onto his light platform just behind Kol, "And here i thought I could drop my guard for a few hours, cause I completely forget which water park they went to." She subconsciously reached for her rifle only to remember it was destroyed and lost at sea, at least giving her a note to look around before they went home.
Deske

Post by Deske »

As soon as Tatiana got on, they were off. The platform zoomed towards the cafe, a wall of light in front of them growing the closer they got to it. It would protect them from gunshots, unfortunately it wasn't very inconspicuous. The platform settled to the ground behind a building and disappeared once all parties dismounted. Ulrich quickly got to work, barricading windows and doors with shields of light should any more shots go off, he prepared his own shield matrix to hold up if Kolt's shields failed.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Old fool," the Vixen muttered to herself as Tempest closed in on her. "Flatter my ego by remembering me..." She watched her bullet bounce off. Yeah, the incomer was a super super type... He face creased as she tried to crack the tooth and failed. None of that for the grandcubs then? Not even that, rather, as she'd guessed that would be her out. She let herself be thrown back by the plume of water to land next to the local she'd knocked out with a few chemicals a moment or so back. and landed by her own bag. It was almost impossibly quick as she moved her hand into her bag and pulled out two objects whilst throwing a bladed third object straight at Morgans' face. The others both resembled knitting needles and, even as she tossed one from hand to hand to try and jab her own neck, the other needle was swung, hard, towards Randys' upper leg within seconds of his landing.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you can," Jaken said to Jolty with a grin, "do. Father often said so. Should not have relaxed," he added apologetically, looking at his breath curl in the ice.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana headed out from any protection, she didn't fear people with guns, she ate those kinds for breakfast back home, if anything she wanted them to shoot her, all the better to find them. She'd show them to use guns so loosely so soon after she lost her precious rifle, "Okay, Specter of the champions here, point me to who I need to break."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"This one's... NOT out to get me," Jaken asked, looking up at Rika. The red spot on her head looked wrong and he remembered why, putting a portal up in front of her and another one pointing down into one of the nearby rivers as a shot fired, splashing down at high velocity behind them. He pulled Rika away quickly...
Rika was speechless. She felt the back-draft of the shot after it hit the water, She'd of been shot if Jaken didn't save her. She was so taken aback that she let the young celican drag her through the portal. The water that broke their fall snapped her back into reality.
Jolty-Kun wrote:Startled, Jolty looked around, searching for something. Locating it, he picked up his rifle, placed near his locker by Randy, and charged it up, pulling it close. He sees Rika and Jaken disappear through the portal, and his heart leaps into his throat for a moment. It was still open. He could follow them.

Deep breaths, Jolty.... He jumps in after them, feeling himself get soaked moments later. Looking up, he sees Rika and Jaken, and wades over to them. "You guys okay?!"
"I.. I am.." Rika said simply, still trying to process the situation.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yup," jaken breathed, keeping down. "First time I went after a bullet!"
Jolty-Kun wrote:"Well, alright. Is there any way I can assist you? I figure I could help in some way, shape, or form."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"If you can," Jaken said to Jolty with a grin, "do. Father often said so. Should not have relaxed," he added apologetically, looking at his breath curl in the ice.
Rika was still taking in the moment. She could have died! The look on her face was one still of shock, but as she looked to Jaken it softened to one of thankfulness. "Jaken..
Thank you.
"
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Always save them you like," Jaken said, smiling up at Rika whilst wondering if he could shoot a portal at the cafe. "Iron Tail's rule number 3."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Silently a pair of hypodermic needles sail through the air, thrown from the opposite side of where the shield is facing, and heading straight for Jenny and Randy. their plungers propped open with toothpicks and wrapped in elastics so that the moment they hit anything they'll self depress.

off in that direction a celican with a cane and a box under his arm can just be seen ducking behind an ice cream pavilion that the customers and staff of have already fled.

four blocks away at the hospital,
"Hey, jeff, was anyone using cart 6? because it's missing a dozen needles and a bottle of concentrated anesthetic..."
"I don't think so... but this morning's been pretty crazy."
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty shuffles awkwardly, feeling like he is interrupting an intimate moment between the two creatures. He turns and looks around for a place to hide the two creatures. Suddenly he hears a noise, and raises his hand, hoping he adjusted to the right setting.... Jolty hears a shattering noise and feels a searing pain in his side before looking down.The deflected bullet had ripped through his coat and sweater, he looked down and saw a pool of red dripping into the water. It just missed the important carp. Lucky me...it's just a lot of blood. Pulling out bandages from some deep pocket, he looks at Rika and Jaken. "You guys better take cover. That ice might be magic, but even it has it's weak points."

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Are you sure we're in the right part of the ship?" Kobor asked, waving at the massive expanse of open water the hive drone had brought them to before continuing, "I mean, I'm sure she'd love a giant 'indoor pool' like this, but I don't actually see... anything. at all."
The hive droid looked at them somewhat confused. "Isn't it obvious? This place is built for species that live underwater."

At that moment, a hive "dragon" breached the surface with enough velocity to launch onto the artificial island. "Please follow me." it said. "My humanoid bodies aren't waterproof." It said before diving back into the water.

----------------------------

The dagger hit Tempest's visor and shattered against the armor. Tempest saw what the old woman was doing with the needles and held out a hand. Instantly, she would feel paralyzed. Unable to move as every drop of water in every cell in every muscle and every vain submitted to Tempest's control. It would be nearly impossible for anyone to move once they had been blood-gripped by Tempest.

Randy took the opportunity to make his move. He grabbed the vixen, opened his jaws, and lunged for her shoulder, venom dripping from his dagger-like fangs.

He wasn't going to give her much. That could be fatal for someone her age. Though it doesn't take very much of the neurotoxin for symptoms to show. The poison starts with the body, seeping into every muscle as fast as the blood can carry it, paralyzing the victim completely. Then it moves to the brain. Mixed in the venomous concoction is a hallucinogen. It forces a victim to live their worst fears in a waking nightmare. Every dark thought, every horrifying memory, every unholy abomination they feared most is shoved to the front of their consciousness, and if they tried to scream, if they tried to cry for help, nothing, not the faintest wheeze, would come out of their paralyzed mouth.

Tempest felt the needles strike the back of her armor. She let go of the vixen for now as The Lycan had it covered and moved to block the rest of them with a buckler shield of water. Her armor's shields had taken some hits and she needed to recharge them.

----------------------------

While the Champions dealt with the other assassins, a third rather large Celican planted a rigged propane tank next to the ice dome, out of view of everyone but Harden Golta, who pulled out his secondary sidearm and started firing, driving the assassin to cover. "We're getting surrounded here!"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken looked down at Jolty and said something that didn't quite translate, even with his engrams. His brain ticked things through and he patted Rka until he found her key. "Get your kit," he said quickly. "Be right back!" With that he opened a portal that entered into the changing rooms and hopped through before he could be stopped. He raced from the male room to the females and looked to figure out the code. Then he tore open the locker, even as he feared things coming in behind him and just grabbed all the things he could before skidding back to the portal, ducking under a poorly aimed shot from a hunter who'd not expected the cub to race past behind him into the male changing rooms, distracting him during his firefight with Golta. Jaken jumped through with Rika's clothes, handing her kit to her before closing the portal a few seconds before the hunter might have seen it. "Your armour,
Miss Rika?
"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny turned to her left to check on those behind her and the improvised missile swicked past her head and hit the price list behind. She dropped and fired her little gun back at the assumed origin point.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As soon as Tempest’s ice dome went up, Kolt dropped his forcefield, content to save his energy for the rest of the battle.... until he saw someone put what looked to be a large explosive canister outside said dome, and then he had to put it back up so they wouldn’t get crushed when the inevitable explosion brought the ceiling down on top of them. He spotted what looked to be the others stopping off on the beach, and dialed up Kol to back sure. ”Hey Kol. Please tell me that’s your group that just arrived at the beach. I can’t put the forcefield down because someone put an explosive outside the dome that only needs a stray shot to go off, we can’t leave the dome because we don’t know where the other snipers are, and I’m just realizing that Tempest kinda forgot to put any air holes in here.”

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich looked to Kol, "What is the situation from their view?" He looked out from beside his cover, quickly pulling back as a shot ricocheted off the ground in front of him.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sleeper was patient, waiting for a pause he assumed was jenny reloading before trying again, this time aiming both darts for her as he darted between cover, surprisingly quick for a canid who was nearly all white from age alone.

- - - - - - -

"They need someone to deal with a bomb... Cover me." Kol comments to Ulrich before darting out of cover over to the IED, "This is... far more complex than anything I've seen in the mines. Talk me through this, what do I do?" she asks Kolt.

- - - - - - -

Kobor seems more alarmed than anything at that. "You have an aquatic habitat... on a SPACESHIP. how does inertia not create tides severe enough to tear this to pieces every time you move?!"
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded and put up a shield for Kol that hovered next to her, following her movements while staying perpendicular to where the shots had been coming from. He was busy watching when the canid darted out from behind cover and aimed the needles square at Jenny. Luckily for him he didn't have to really do much as the tracking computers in his gauntlets predicted the flight paths and created small shields in front of Jenny where the needles would have hit.