Reply to topic  [ 2725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 69  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt gave a quick nod to show he understood Hivemind’s orders, before turning to look at the others. ”If any of you want a ride on Kitsune Airlines, you’re going to want to huddle close. My power is better at lifting groups if it thinks they’re one big object.” He said, gesturing for the others to get closer.
-
”Well yeah, but they’re going to be under bigger attacks in the near future.” Liz said, as Lewis munched on a chicken tender in silence. ”If the Barbarox have the muscle to attack the most heavily defended place in our dimension and get away relatively unscathed, they’re likely strong enough to at least try picking away at these Varanians. Both to satisfy Fortis, and to get some new recruits amongst the slave they free.

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Sun May 06, 2018 11:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3791
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris nodded and stepped up into the mech, slipping the helmet on with ease and relaxing back into the seat as coyote and machine melded into one. "Thrusters to full and then we'll do some light patrolling. How far can your scanners reach? As for keeping the press clear, you have an pulse rifle or something, right? Take out cameras and the like without taking out any vehicles they might be in. The kind that don't exactly stay on the ground."

-------

Ulrich undid his seatbelt and got off the drop ship after he was cleared to do so. He placed his index fingers and thumbs together and drew them apart, forming a vaguely skateboard-like sheet of light in front of him. He stepped onto it and when he did, straps formed out of thin air and wrapped themselves around his feet and ankles. Slowly the board rose into the air until it was about a foot off the ground. It's only been 15 years since you last did this, what could go wrong, he thought. He took a deep breath and waited for everyone else to go with Kolt or find another mode of transportation.

-------

Denver half nodded before stopping, "Ooohh you're looking for the other me. Ah so, after our ship had some problems ended up here. Most of us got powers, blah blah blah, his is cloning. I'm a clone. Technically a completely separate person, I think. But as it stands we are exactly alike." He sighed and sat his items down by a nearby bench, "I wouldn't go talk to him right now. His mate is at the hospital and he's worrying himself sick about her. I can answer any other questions you have, though."

-------

Once he was finished, Colorado went through the daily routine. He brushed his teeth, he trimmed his claws, he brushed his fur and he got dressed. Clean, trimmed and looking proper he headed outside and began the journey to the hospital without any real idea of how to get there. Maybe the train station would have a map.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Last edited by Deske on Mon May 07, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 07, 2018 1:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9668
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"On it, Hive," Jenny said, releasing her belt as soon as ordered. She found she actually had to run to keep up with the Seventy years plus Vixen as the old hunter raced across the park towards the scene.
---------------------------------------------
The flashing lights of the fire brigade vehicles glinted through the trees as Hannabelle sprinted towards them. There was a gate a little way further down, accessing the street after the intended, but she wasn't going to use any such distraction and vaulted the fence instead. She landed on the other side and kept going as the Rat followed and she was still ahead as she ran into a Celican Police Officer. "Let me through," she cried out, "I have to make sure my family isn't in there!"
"Quiet down," the Officer insisted brusquely, leading her towards his vehicle, "You say they're your family?"
"Yes, yes," Hannabelle said desperately, her eyes darting around. "Is Officer Harkalan here? I know him. Is he here," she demanded as Jenny arrived. "Please, tell me, is he?"
"Officer Harkalan is back at the station," the Officer said quickly. "Now, if the family isn't here, where might they have gone?"
"Do you mind if I call him," Hannabelle asked desperately, looking at his car radio. "I just need to know he's on it."
"Hannabelle..." Jenny started.
"He's busy at the moment,"
"I'll bet he is," Hannabelle stated, all panic gone from her voice as she acted, slamming the side of her hand against the Officer's throat. "HEY, HARKALAN," she yelled, attracting the attention of the lead fire Officer as the officer began to fall against the car. The other officers - and Jenny - were beginning to draw their guns. "THEY'RE NOT COPS, THEY'RE HUNTERS!" She grabbed Jenny's arm and pulled her out of the way as the first shot was fired and they both landed against the car. "I know most of the local officials here," she said as she relieved the stunned hunter of his weapon and the fire crew turned the hose on one of the hunters. "That's why it's so safe!"
Jenny radioed in about the Hunters and handed Hannabelle one of her pistols set to stun, taking the hunters gun for her own collection.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are you serious," Sana asked Denver after checking her computers' truth detector program wasn't on the blink, "people are spontaneously generating powers now? Boy, this universe is getting mad. And why can't I get anything? And talking to you is fine," she said, wondering where was a good place to get a soda. "The other guy'd give me the same answers, yeah?" She tried to grin to indicate the sorta joke.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think I'll try the water slide first," Jaken said, headed that way, "before word gets around that there's a Shark in the pool!"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon May 07, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 07, 2018 1:41 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3791
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich made his way after the Celican and the rat, arriving just as the shot was fired. He dropped from his lightboard and ducked behind a car as he hastily made a shield for the older vixen. "What is the plan this time, Jenny?"

------

"Sure, yeah, spontaneous. You could say that." He looked at the clothes he had picked out, "Yeah we'd give you the same answers.
I was there as much as he was,"
He mustered a smile of his own, trying not to think about how uncomfortable her grin looked. "So are we doing this here or do I have to go to some interrogation room? I'm kind of in the middle of shopping. Would you believe his wardrobe didn't make a copy of itself for me?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Mon May 07, 2018 2:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9668
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Plan one," Jenny announced as a shot spanged overhead, "don't get shot. Plan two, split their fire and protect the Fire Officers."
"Plan three," Hannabelle cut in, "Shoot these *******!" She popped up and fired off a volley of shots as Jenny sprinted towards the next car. One of the hunters fell to her shots before she got back down and shot the one she'd already stunned a moment back. "The gun lasts longer than the hand," she stated as Jenny fired from her position.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We can walk and talk," Sana said optimistically, "or hit that cafe over there. I think there could be a lot of new records I'd need to take..."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 07, 2018 2:42 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1165
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana mostly held back, waiting for explicit orders or call to action. While Ulrich and Jenny running off after Hannabelle tempted her to follow it wasn't until Jenny radioed in the hunter situation that she glided swiftly towards their position. As she neared she saw the firefight and took place a good distance away, firing kinetic shots from her rifle at anyone who appeared to be a hunter. She paused her volley for but a moment as she radioed to her team, "Ranged support here. Anyone you want walloped let me know. Over."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Mon May 07, 2018 2:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3791
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"This is going to be fun," he hopped up and over the hood of the cruiser he was hiding behind. Almost immediately a bullet skittered off his shield and into the car behind him. Having ricocheted shots flying from him probably wasn't a good thing so he increased the damping on his shields so they'd absorb more kinetic energy but less overall damage. The next shot that hit him dropped to the ground as a crushed piece of shrapnel. Satisfied, he dashed towards the hunters and lined up a punch at one of them.

--------

Denver picked up his bags and headed over to the nearest register, "Just let me pay for these." The machine scanned what he had automatically and presented him with a credit cost. He slid his room key/credit chip into it's slot and made note of the remaining balance. Turning back to Sana he smiled, bags in hand, "Alright, you lead."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Mon May 07, 2018 9:32 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Once Kolt was certain no one was going to take him up on his offer, he flew off towards the fight. He landed behind one of the larger groups of hunters, with a forcefield covering his body and a smirk on his face. ”Hey guys!” He said to the hunters, using his power to yank their weapons out of their hands and throw them into the fire. ”Wanna see what happens when a superhero with a lot of pent up aggression fights a couple of idiot assassins trying to kill an innocent family? Spoilers, it ain’t pretty!”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Mon May 07, 2018 12:23 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3782
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
From above there are three 'bangs' that would draw attention upward, about a second apart and accompanied by a bellowing roar as they grow closer. Immediately after, a red and white 'comet' touches down blasting dirt and sod outward in the middle of the group of false officers, as kol partially broke her own fall on the way down with her staff's gravity hammer function, the shock pulse halving her downward momentum with each stroke, and the last hitting the ground and kicking up a mess to mask her entrance. Hardly even off balance she's charging the nearest hunter before the airborne debris has even settled, swinging to smack the weapon out of his hands with one axe as the staff's emitter resets so she can whack him in the stomach with it.

_________________
Its been a long time...
Characters


Mon May 07, 2018 6:30 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2157
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”Well yeah, but they’re going to be under bigger attacks in the near future.” Liz said, as Lewis munched on a chicken tender in silence. ”If the Barbarox have the muscle to attack the most heavily defended place in our dimension and get away relatively unscathed, they’re likely strong enough to at least try picking away at these Varanians. Both to satisfy Fortis, and to get some new recruits amongst the slave they free.


"I have to wonder how that would go. I imagine that many Varanians would attempt to join the Barbarox out of respect for their strength." Hivemind replied. "After all, it's usually only the very wealthy Varanians that own slaves. Most have nothing to do with it, even if they don't oppose it. They would follow Fortis for the chance to get stronger. On the other hand, Corytophians wouldn't appreciate them joining."

-------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris nodded and stepped up into the mech, slipping the helmet on with ease and relaxing back into the seat as coyote and machine melded into one. "Thrusters to full and then we'll do some light patrolling. How far can your scanners reach? As for keeping the press clear, you have an pulse rifle or something, right? Take out cameras and the like without taking out any vehicles they might be in. The kind that don't exactly stay on the ground."


"I have paint rounds in this new gun. As I left the armory, I acquired paint, amber, and standard ammunition. The paint rounds should blind any camera hit with them." MT stated as they took off into the air. He lowered the power of the thrusters as full thrusters would have caused them to achieve escape velocity and he did not believe that was Chris's intent. As they got higher in the air, he highlighted the area they were supposed to search on their HUD. "I suggest flying in a chevron pattern, or zigzag, one thousand feet above the highlighted area. This will maximize the efficiency of the scanner."

-------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Once he was finished, Colorado went through the daily routine. He brushed his teeth, he trimmed his claws, he brushed his fur and he got dressed. Clean, trimmed and looking proper he headed outside and began the journey to the hospital without any real idea of how to get there. Maybe the train station would have a map.


The train does indeed have a map, and it looks like the next train's line has a stop specifically for the hospital.

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I think I'll try the water slide first," Jaken said, headed that way, "before word gets around that there's a Shark in the pool!"


The train came to a stop at a station within walking distance of the park. Hivemind stepped out, carrying June and making sure Jaken was with him. They walked over to the ticket counter where Hivemind bought three entry tickets from a somewhat confused looking ticket booth attendant. He gave one to June and Jaken and they entered the park. "Water slide, then. That alright with you, June?"

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"On it, Hive," Jenny said, releasing her belt as soon as ordered. She found she actually had to run to keep up with the Seventy years plus Vixen as the old hunter raced across the park towards the scene.
---------------------------------------------
The flashing lights of the fire brigade vehicles glinted through the trees as Hannabelle sprinted towards them. There was a gate a little way further down, accessing the street after the intended, but she wasn't going to use any such distraction and vaulted the fence instead. She landed on the other side and kept going as the Rat followed and she was still ahead as she ran into a Celican Police Officer. "Let me through," she cried out, "I have to make sure my family isn't in there!"
"Quiet down," the Officer insisted brusquely, leading her towards his vehicle, "You say they're your family?"
"Yes, yes," Hannabelle said desperately, her eyes darting around. "Is Officer Harkalan here? I know him. Is he here," she demanded as Jenny arrived. "Please, tell me, is he?"
"Officer Harkalan is back at the station," the Officer said quickly. "Now, if the family isn't here, where might they have gone?"
"Do you mind if I call him," Hannabelle asked desperately, looking at his car radio. "I just need to know he's on it."
"Hannabelle..." Jenny started.
"He's busy at the moment,"
"I'll bet he is," Hannabelle stated, all panic gone from her voice as she acted, slamming the side of her hand against the Officer's throat. "HEY, HARKALAN," she yelled, attracting the attention of the lead fire Officer as the officer began to fall against the car. The other officers - and Jenny - were beginning to draw their guns. "THEY'RE NOT COPS, THEY'RE HUNTERS!" She grabbed Jenny's arm and pulled her out of the way as the first shot was fired and they both landed against the car. "I know most of the local officials here," she said as she relieved the stunned hunter of his weapon and the fire crew turned the hose on one of the hunters. "That's why it's so safe!"
Jenny radioed in about the Hunters and handed Hannabelle one of her pistols set to stun, taking the hunters gun for her own collection.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich made his way after the Celican and the rat, arriving just as the shot was fired. He dropped from his lightboard and ducked behind a car as he hastily made a shield for the older vixen. "What is the plan this time, Jenny?"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Plan one," Jenny announced as a shot spanged overhead, "don't get shot. Plan two, split their fire and protect the Fire Officers."
"Plan three," Hannabelle cut in, "Shoot these *******!" She popped up and fired off a volley of shots as Jenny sprinted towards the next car. One of the hunters fell to her shots before she got back down and shot the one she'd already stunned a moment back. "The gun lasts longer than the hand," she stated as Jenny fired from her position.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana mostly held back, waiting for explicit orders or call to action. While Ulrich and Jenny running off after Hannabelle tempted her to follow it wasn't until Jenny radioed in the hunter situation that she glided swiftly towards their position. As she neared she saw the firefight and took place a good distance away, firing kinetic shots from her rifle at anyone who appeared to be a hunter. She paused her volley for but a moment as she radioed to her team, "Ranged support here. Anyone you want walloped let me know. Over."

Deske Wrote:
"This is going to be fun," he hopped up and over the hood of the cruiser he was hiding behind. Almost immediately a bullet skittered off his shield and into the car behind him. Having ricocheted shots flying from him probably wasn't a good thing so he increased the damping on his shields so they'd absorb more kinetic energy but less overall damage. The next shot that hit him dropped to the ground as a crushed piece of shrapnel. Satisfied, he dashed towards the hunters and lined up a punch at one of them.

Buster Wrote:
From above there are three 'bangs' that would draw attention upward, about a second apart and accompanied by a bellowing roar as they grow closer. Immediately after, a red and white 'comet' touches down blasting dirt and sod outward in the middle of the group of false officers, as kol partially broke her own fall on the way down with her staff's gravity hammer function, the shock pulse halving her downward momentum with each stroke, and the last hitting the ground and kicking up a mess to mask her entrance. Hardly even off balance she's charging the nearest hunter before the airborne debris has even settled, swinging to smack the weapon out of his hands with one axe as the staff's emitter resets so she can whack him in the stomach with it.


The hive droid slapped his forehead as everything descended into chaos. He sprinted forward using his mobility boosters, covering the distance between the landing zone and the house in seconds. Jets fired off from his back as he leaped into the air, slamming down between the fire crew and the disguised hunters just as one of the hunters shot at the firefighter with the hose. The bullets pinged off of the droid's armor, missing their intended target. Hivemind lunged forward, practically flying with his mobility boosters, and drove a fist straight into the hunter's stomach, launching the Celician back a considerable distance. The hunter curled up into a ball on the ground, in way too much pain to move.

One of the hunters realized that the champions were using zero-penetration non-lethal rounds. He climbed into one of the police cruisers and accelerated towards Jenny and Hannabelle as fast as he could.

Hivemind saw him and stepped into his path. The hunter didn't slow down, now moving at 30 miles per hour. The hive droid turned to the cruiser and rammed a couple hydraulic stakes into the ground, anchoring him. as the vehicle speed toward him, he simply stood there. He continued to stand there as the vehicle wrapped around him.

The droid withdrew the stakes back into his feet and walked away after checking to make sure the driver was still alive. By now he was definitely showing damage. Now that those crises had been contained and it looked like the last of the hunters were about to face Kolt's wrath or were launched over the droid's head by Kol's attack, Hivemind rather angrily addressed the team. "Jenny, you had one job to do!" He sighed. "Kolt, Kol, just don't kill anyone. Hannabelle, calm down. Your family isn't in there. MT's scanning for their location now. That little stunt you just pulled could have cost everything. In addition, can you imagine how this looks? Because it looks like we just beat the tar out of a bunch of police officers. It doesn't matter if they're frauds. Even if the fire fighters and the real police, who are on their way, believe us any one of these bystanders or neighbors could have taken video of that. And if the people behind it are who we think they are you know they will try to use that against us. Now come on, we have to find the family. One of these guys might know where they've gone."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon May 07, 2018 7:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9668
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"They don't," Hannabelle asserted, "but, looking at the vehicles, we're at least four hunters light. They're tracking and they may not have all the family in their sights. That's why some of them stayed here." She huffed. "Also in case someone might tell them where the family's gone to. So tell the other team they've got hunters looking for them too. Other than that?" She seemed to deflate a little. "You're right. This was... less than subtle. And I'm probably going to have to pay for road repairs. And don't blame the Rat. She probably saved a couple of this filth's lives."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not always going to need the hero flying to my rescue," Jenny told Kolt as she placed cuffs on a Hunter, "but it's nice to have the option." She looked over as the real Police began to arrive. "Want me to talk with the real deal, Hive," she called.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seena relaxed into the arms of Morpheus as the work began on her leg.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sana led Denver across to the cafe and climbed up into a chair, deliberately rejecting an offer of help from the person behind the counter. "So," she asked, selecting a Xtra-Lrge (the cafe's spelling) soft drink and a toffee filled doughnut from the menu, "shall we start with the socio-political movements of your home universe... the other home universe. Or with sports?" She still had the smile on but it seemed a little more genuine now - although that may have been thoughts of the doughnut.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun May 13, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.



Tue May 08, 2018 12:29 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3782
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
while the others talk, Kol has piled the unconscious hostiles up, swiped a section of cargo netting from the now landed dropship, and is using fragments she cut from the wrecked car and the flat side of one axe to stake the netting into the ground over top of them. It won't be comfortable in the slightest, but it should keep them immovable should any recover.

_________________
Its been a long time...
Characters


Tue May 08, 2018 7:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3791
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich had a couple hunters in his arms and one slung over his should with what looked like a broken jaw. He dumped them in a pile with the rest of them. "Would the police not make an official statement?"

-------

Denver ordered a milkshake and a sandwich to go along with it. "Ahh, Socio-political environments of the world. What a fascinating topic," he stated, not bothering to hide his sarcasm, "Practically a requirement of things to keep up on but generally tiresome at best."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue May 08, 2018 12:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Don’t worry about it Hive. There’s a difference between annoyance and homicidal rage.” Kolt said, grabbing the remaining hunters by the arms and legs and throwing them into the air, leaving them immobile and upside down a meter and a half off the ground. He walked around the helpless hunters, making a show of looking them over and acting disappointed. ”You guys are....... not good at this.” He noticed one of the hunters seemed rather mad about this whole situation, and walked over to get a closer look at him. ”Did your bosses not tell you the Champions would be coming? Or did you think your stolen police uniforms would place you above suspicion?” He leaned in closer to the struggling assassin, giving him a quick bop on the nose. ”If your defeat here brings the more competent hunters out to play, I’m all right with that. Hopefully they’ll be more of a challenge then you could ever be.” He smiled and turned around. ”Well I’m done taunting you. Feel free to let us know if any of you think your families might be in danger because of your failure. We’d be more than happy to clean up the mess you made for them.”
-
”If the Corytophian‘s have that much of a problem with them, then I’m pretty sure the Varanians wouldn’t be welcome amongst the Barbarox. Letting them join would likely jeopardize the Corytophian’s loyalty, and Fortis wouldn’t want to do that.” Liz said, grimacing as she thought about the Varanian empire. ”Tell me, how does a society so focused on strength and oppression even get past the medieval age? It kinda seems like their reaction to someone prioritizing academic pursuits over physical strength would be to burn them at the stake.”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue May 08, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue May 08, 2018 2:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9668
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I suppose it would be churlish of me to deny them the same chance I got," Hannabelle said after rolling her eyes at Kolts' statement. "but we should probably head after the others, Hive? Stalk them from behind as the others hold them from the front?" She looked towards the wood and tensed for action but held herself in for the instruction.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Every civilizsation has its forward thinkers, Captain," Corp advised, looking at some of the wall panels as he walked the edge of the room, "Progress comes on the few times people listen."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, how are you on Sports," Sana asked. "Or is that entertainment for the unthinking?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue May 08, 2018 2:28 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1165
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana glided to her team landing next to Ulrich, "doesn't matter what officials say buddy, the public can be manipulated or just silly enough to believe anything." She glanced around, preparing to move out on a moments notice, "Think it'd be best to move fast, yeah. Doubt the hunters will take kindly to us showing up as it is and the sooner we secure the family the smoother this will go. And we don't know how many more hunters are about."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue May 08, 2018 3:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3791
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich nodded slowly, "True, but I imagine that the local police would do better with the local people. Especially considering that this place is smaller than a large city."

--------

Denver chuckled as he grabbed his food and made for a table, "I enjoyed sports as much as the next person.
Never really went after specific teams too much though. Interests shifted towards the more European sports after I commissioned. Y'know, football, the WRC and a bit of rugby. How about you? Any interest in 'em?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2157
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”If the Corytophian‘s have that much of a problem with them, then I’m pretty sure the Varanians wouldn’t be welcome amongst the Barbarox. Letting them join would likely jeopardize the Corytophian’s loyalty, and Fortis wouldn’t want to do that.” Liz said, grimacing as she thought about the Varanian empire. ”Tell me, how does a society so focused on strength and oppression even get past the medieval age? It kinda seems like their reaction to someone prioritizing academic pursuits over physical strength would be to burn them at the stake.”

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Every civilizsation has its forward thinkers, Captain," Corp advised, looking at some of the wall panels as he walked the edge of the room, "Progress comes on the few times people listen."


"Given their ships and weapons are a solid and confusing mix of sophisticated and brutish and are often inefficient, we figure they stole and reverse engineered technology from a more technologically advanced species. Terrain surveys of Varan show a cluster of ancient crash sights, but no signs of what the species might have been. Best guess is they crash landed on Varan and were most likely eaten by the then primitive and tribal natives. Then over time the Varanians discovered that the alien tools could be re-purposed as weapons. Even later after that, they must have started to reverse engineer the crashed ships, rebuilding them with the less efficient technology that they had developed on their own. As for who they get to reverse engineer all of this stuff, weaker but smarter Varanians, and sometimes Corytophian slaves, typically get the job against their wills. The power of technology isn't lost on the Varanians, and warlords, kings, and dictators have ordered R&D in order to increase their own power or influence." He shook his head. He needed to remember what "concise" meant. "So no. Academically inclined Varanians aren't instantly burned at the stake. However, if they refuse to use their knowledge to make a higher-up more powerful, then they better have the strength to take down that higher-up or burning at a stake would be a kindness compared to the fate they would face."

-----------------------------------

Once they were at the recommended altitude and flying over the highlighted section of the forest, MT focused on his scanner. It did not take long for him to pick up on Celician bio signatures. There were three groups. The middle one had four signitures, two of them smaller than the others. "The family has been located. They are 75% through the forest to the destination house."

"Can you pick them up?"

"Negative. The forest is too thick. I can't land anywhere. If I could land, I wouldn't be able to move without having to force my way through the trees."

"Not the cleanest solution. We'll leave that for a last resort. What else?"

"Two other groups, I presume of hunters. One group of six, one group of two. The group of six is 60% of the way between the burning house and the family, and gaining ground. The second group is halfway between the family and the destination."

Hivemind cursed to himself. "Thanks. Keep your eyes open, MT. I want a live feed of their locations and movements. I'm going to send in The Lycan and Arctos to hit the smaller group from behind."

The ibis took off, carrying Randy, Eira, and Rika into the air. The transport accelerated forward and shot off over the forest.

- - - - -

Once the Ibis reached close to where the small group was according to MT's feed, the ship lowered to a manageable distance above the tree line. The door opened. "Rika, you're going to be solo for a little bit. The Ibis will take you to the LZ. There, you should get whatever you need prepared to receive and treat injured patients." With that, he dropped out of the craft and grabbed onto one of the trees. It buckled slightly under his weight as he started to climb down to the middle branches.

"Good luck, doctor." Eira said before copying her father.

-----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"They don't," Hannabelle asserted, "but, looking at the vehicles, we're at least four hunters light. They're tracking and they may not have all the family in their sights. That's why some of them stayed here." She huffed. "Also in case someone might tell them where the family's gone to. So tell the other team they've got hunters looking for them too. Other than that?" She seemed to deflate a little. "You're right. This was... less than subtle. And I'm probably going to have to pay for road repairs. And don't blame the Rat. She probably saved a couple of this filth's lives."


Hivemind's response was to walk up to Hannabelle, swipe the gun from her hand, and push it into Jenny's arms. "You don't get so much as a toothpick from here on. You are here because you know the area, you know the people, and you know where the family will go. You are not here to fight. Got it?"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I'm not always going to need the hero flying to my rescue," Jenny told Kolt as she placed cuffs on a Hunter, "but it's nice to have the option." She looked over as the real Police began to arrive. "Want me to talk with the real deal, Hive," she called.


He nodded. "Go for it. We will go on ahead and catch up with the hunters. Once you're done talking to the police, meet us at the destination marked on your communicator."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I suppose it would be churlish of me to deny them the same chance I got," Hannabelle said after rolling her eyes at Kolts' statement. "but we should probably head after the others, Hive? Stalk them from behind as the others hold them from the front?" She looked towards the wood and tensed for action but held herself in for the instruction.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana glided to her team landing next to Ulrich, "doesn't matter what officials say buddy, the public can be manipulated or just silly enough to believe anything." She glanced around, preparing to move out on a moments notice, "Think it'd be best to move fast, yeah. Doubt the hunters will take kindly to us showing up as it is and the sooner we secure the family the smoother this will go. And we don't know how many more hunters are about."


Hivemind nodded and handed something to Hannabelle. It looked like a sort of digital compass with three arrows. One blue, two red. "This gives the direction to your family and the hunter groups, as well as the distance to them. I have it hooked up to a live scan of the forest by our eyes in the sky." He gestured toward the forest. "Everyone but Jenny, let's move out. Lead the way, Hannabelle."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Tue May 08, 2018 7:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9668
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Righty-ho," Hannabelle remarked cheerily, only her eyes telling of the worried nature in the old Hunteras she clipped the compass on. "Keep up, guys." She took off at speed for the woods but slowed when about to enter the trees. "Fools and the desperate race through trees," she told her followers. "High risk of damaging yourself on roots." She looked at the compass and sighed. "Of course, my family is desperate..." She headed into the trees.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny headed over to the Police and made sure she had her badge as she walked up. "IOC," she announced. "Sorry about all this, Chief. We're investigating financial irregularites and came here to speak with a witness." She looked over the scene. "Seems they wanted to shut her up and we got here at the same time."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Formulating fear about possible futures is counterproductive, people," Corp commented, "there's nothing can be done without information so we may as well ask what's going to happen to gain more information. You have files on the Barbarox on that drive I gave you and we can assist in gaining more information. The ways you have of gaining information should remain need-to-know so we should move onto other things. Like the facilities here for training and the places you can go to see the real outside of the ship. Can we see those places?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed May 09, 2018 12:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt was about to follow the others to the forest, when he paused, realizing he wasn’t sure what to do about the hunters that were currently hanging upside down in the middle of the street. After a moment of thought, he decided to just leave them hanging there. It’d be too much of a hassle to take them with him, and by the time he got far away enough that his forcefields would wear off, Jenny would’ve convinced the police officers of their true nature, and they’d be ready to take them in. He walked away, following Hannable into the woods.
-
Liz shrugged, finding Hivemind’s answer perfectly satisfactory. ”I suppose that makes sense.” She said, deciding to take another bite of her chicken club wrap.
Lewis decided to take this opportunity to ask a question he had on his mind. ”So, what exactly are we going to be doing these next couple weeks until the ship is repaired? We can’t exactly just sit around and do nothing but power testing.”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Wed May 09, 2018 3:49 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12825
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"I think I understand." Hivemind said and signed. "Though I'm just a little confused. Why were you so excited earlier about the idea of your family being alive in this universe only to come to this conclusion when I say that they are alive in a different one?"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"It's just been a real confusin' day, Hive, luv," Sarah explained.

"We hadnae thought it through." Conall signs simply.
"It was a nice idea but... Ah guess we just hae tae accept that we cannae bring them back or replace them..."
"Ah dinnae ken haow much emotion a droid can feel but it's okay if ye cannae understand." The dogs clearly still don't know that there's a human controlling the droids.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Thu May 10, 2018 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3782
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
The room he entered was empty aside from a single hive droid. "First, I never said it would be a blind jump. Second, the alliance is only after June. The rest of us are fine and can register if needed. June won't be hard to hide. As such, they won't have reason to attack." He stood up and tapped on the table. A hologram of a thug-like human showed up above it. "A few days ago, one of the cities on the Beacon was placed under siege by an army of undead. The attacker, an empowered individual we are referring to as the Necromancer, claimed that his attack was prompted by him seeing his own killer. This particular city's population consists of people who died, but we managed to bring back. Anyway, seeing his killer caused him to loose control of his hatred, and resulted in his powers going haywire. I investigated this matter and found that by a sheer coincidence, his killer is one of the people in the same city of the Risen Dead. It turns out he was killed in a super-villain attack not long after he committed the murder. Now that we know who he is, we need to find him and bring him in. This shouldn't take long."


"So, in a nutshell, you've got an emotionally unstable gifted, and want the trigger of that instability as far away as possible as soon as possible. Can do." Kobor summarized, nodding in agreement. keeping the two apart definitely seemed like a sound course of action, and incarcerating the one with the criminal background was the logical choice.
Talya as well was quick to chime in. "Ground surveys are my specialty, tracking shouldn't be too different. this'll be easy. Got anything I can use for facial recognition? or a physical profile I can scan for?"

- - - - - - -

Kol's only comment this far came when they reached the trees.
"Still don't trust these things."

- - - - - - -

From her perch on hiveminds shoulders june's response was to throw her hands in the air and shout "SLIDE!!!"

_________________
Its been a long time...
Characters


Thu May 10, 2018 8:38 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2157
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny headed over to the Police and made sure she had her badge as she walked up. "IOC," she announced. "Sorry about all this, Chief. We're investigating financial irregularites and came here to speak with a witness." She looked over the scene. "Seems they wanted to shut her up and we got here at the same time."


The police had arrived and exited their vehicles guns drawn, and obviously freaked out by the pile of fake officers. They were even more unsettled by the ones Kolt was still floating in the air. They lowered them when Jenny announced herself, but didn't put them away. "IOC? I'm not fully sure I'm convinced." One of them said. "I want to know exactly what happened, and we can start with why those officers are reenacting that one human horror movie?"

-------------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
"We hadnae thought it through." Conall signs simply.
"It was a nice idea but... Ah guess we just hae tae accept that we cannae bring them back or replace them..."
"Ah dinnae ken haow much emotion a droid can feel but it's okay if ye cannae understand." The dogs clearly still don't know that there's a human controlling the droids.


"I understand more than you think." The droid said solemnly. He turned and headed for the door. "If there is nothing else, I should be going."

-------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"So, in a nutshell, you've got an emotionally unstable gifted, and want the trigger of that instability as far away as possible as soon as possible. Can do." Kobor summarized, nodding in agreement. keeping the two apart definitely seemed like a sound course of action, and incarcerating the one with the criminal background was the logical choice.
Talya as well was quick to chime in. "Ground surveys are my specialty, tracking shouldn't be too different. this'll be easy. Got anything I can use for facial recognition? or a physical profile I can scan for?"


"Something like that. Though I want him arrested because he was never caught before his death more than for separation purposes. As for facial recognition... well..." he gestured to the hologram of the suspect hovering over the table. "That's him. I'll transfer files with his full profile to you."

[incoming file]

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Formulating fear about possible futures is counterproductive, people," Corp commented, "there's nothing can be done without information so we may as well ask what's going to happen to gain more information. You have files on the Barbarox on that drive I gave you and we can assist in gaining more information. The ways you have of gaining information should remain need-to-know so we should move onto other things. Like the facilities here for training and the places you can go to see the real outside of the ship. Can we see those places?"


"Champion tower has the best facilities for training with powers, including an illusory training ground built to resist damage taken from powers. There are also training rooms for less combat-oriented abilities. As for places to see the real outside of the ship, many docks are popular with tourists and traders. Most of the external fifty miles of the ship consists of defensive fortifications, but civilian docks have short-range shuttle rides, guided space-walk tours, and sections where you walk along the exterior of the ship, just inside of a clear pressurized dome with artificial gravity instead of something like the space walk."

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz shrugged, finding Hivemind’s answer perfectly satisfactory. ”I suppose that makes sense.” She said, deciding to take another bite of her chicken club wrap.
Lewis decided to take this opportunity to ask a question he had on his mind. ”So, what exactly are we going to be doing these next couple weeks until the ship is repaired? We can’t exactly just sit around and do nothing but power testing.”


"Umm... The ship IS repaired, remember? Chris fixed it with his new power."

-------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
From her perch on hiveminds shoulders june's response was to throw her hands in the air and shout "SLIDE!!!"


"Slide it is, then!" Hivemind laughed as they walked over to the water park. The slide was massive and extremely steep. It twisted and turned in loops and vortexes, and even had several sections where, thanks to localized artificial gravity generators, it managed to corkscrew and flip upside down in actual loops. They climbed up to the top and waited their turn.

-------------------------------

"Hivemind. The small group and the family are about to come into contact."

- - - - -

A thick fog was forming in the forest where the family was.
As they fled, a Celician in a police officer's uniform appeared out of nowhere and launched a sucker punch straight at the father's snout before pulling his gun. He grabbed the nearest of the two kits and pointed the gun at his head. "None of you move unless I say so."

A second Celician appeared to his right, walking through the fog with his gun drawn as well. "Cooperate, and maybe we'll even make it quick and dignified."

-------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Righty-ho," Hannabelle remarked cheerily, only her eyes telling of the worried nature in the old Hunteras she clipped the compass on. "Keep up, guys." She took off at speed for the woods but slowed when about to enter the trees. "Fools and the desperate race through trees," she told her followers. "High risk of damaging yourself on roots." She looked at the compass and sighed. "Of course, my family is desperate..." She headed into the trees.


Hannabelle might notice that the arrow for the family and the arrow for the small hunter group point in the same direction with the same distance listed.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri May 11, 2018 12:26 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1165
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana glided alongside her comrades glancing around fervently for anything of interest before turning to Hibe while addressing everyone in general, "So, any preference on the coming engagement? I mean aside from 'avoid setting the place on fire'. And we should really strategize for once, communicate on the fly more."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Fri May 11, 2018 12:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9668
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"They're almost..." Hannabelle started, pausing to vault an exposed root, "...on them! Your other lot had better be there, Hive..." She picked up the pace she'd lost and began to diminish the gap. "Or drop the big guy in," she called back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, I'm currently working with one of those Supergroups which I hope explains that," Jenny added, indicating the group hanging in mid-air. "I've been looking into allegations made by a... Hannabelle Presana?" She'd made to be looking up the name on a data pad but her eyes flicked to see if he recognised the name. "It led us to believe that someone might want to silence this family and, it seems, they sent a lot of hunters to do it. Fortunately I know how Police Officers work and they weren't doing any of it. I mean that one's doing well at the taping the area off. They didn't bother. They were allowing civilians to walk past an active scene and they were still hunting for the family despite them not being in the building. Your guys are professionals, I see that. They weren't."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken made sure he was first to the top - but only just as there was no sense pushing it or pushing in and he waited behind a Rabbit Boy with a fascinating scent which he didn't want to think about and a scaled youth with a scent that thankfully stopped him thinking about the Rabbit scent. And then... he was on his way down!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'll make sure to tell our Doctor about the near spacewalk facilities," Corp grunted, remembering his last one unfondly.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri May 11, 2018 1:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”If it’s okay with all of you, I’d like to fly ahead and protect the family. My powers would make it easy to fend off any potential attackers until help arrives. Though if they’re anything like the group we just dealt with, I won’t need it.” Kolt said, absentmindedly moving the floating hunters back in the city around so they wouldn’t fall on their head once he was out of range. A thought suddenly went through his head, and he realized something was off about the situation. ”Also, did anyone else notice how they didn’t really seem prepared for us being there? That one guy didn’t even seem surprised to see Hanna there, like he hadn’t been informed she was in our custody. They just seemed really uninformed, almost like they were just meant to be cannon fodder.”
-
Lewis looked confused for a moment, before he realized what happened and groaned. ”Stupid slip of the tongue. I meant to say UPDATED. You said it would take a few weeks to update the ship with new technology so that it’s up to par with the other ships in this universe, and I wanted to know how we’re supposed to make money until then.”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Fri May 11, 2018 2:04 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3782
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"just there to waste our time maybe?" Kol asked, bounding after the others having found it easier to cross this terrain on all fours.

_________________
Its been a long time...
Characters


Fri May 11, 2018 3:35 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2157
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, I'm currently working with one of those Supergroups which I hope explains that," Jenny added, indicating the group hanging in mid-air. "I've been looking into allegations made by a... Hannabelle Presana?" She'd made to be looking up the name on a data pad but her eyes flicked to see if he recognised the name. "It led us to believe that someone might want to silence this family and, it seems, they sent a lot of hunters to do it. Fortunately I know how Police Officers work and they weren't doing any of it. I mean that one's doing well at the taping the area off. They didn't bother. They were allowing civilians to walk past an active scene and they were still hunting for the family despite them not being in the building. Your guys are professionals, I see that. They weren't."


"Hannabelle..." The officer said. "Why am I not surprised?" He put his firearm away. "What is this "supergroup" you're talking about, and what's REALLY going on? Last I checked, superhero teams don't get sent out to investigate "financial irregularities"."

--------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Lewis looked confused for a moment, before he realized what happened and groaned. ”Stupid slip of the tongue. I meant to say UPDATED. You said it would take a few weeks to update the ship with new technology so that it’s up to par with the other ships in this universe, and I wanted to know how we’re supposed to make money until then.”


"Right. Well, what kind of skill set do you have outside of and including what you did on the Steelhaven?" Hivemind asked.

--------------------------------

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana glided alongside her comrades glancing around fervently for anything of interest before turning to Hibe while addressing everyone in general, "So, any preference on the coming engagement? I mean aside from 'avoid setting the place on fire'. And we should really strategize for once, communicate on the fly more."


"It's six non-powered individuals equipped to take out unarmed targets. Odds are, they won't be equipped to deal with us, and they don't seem as highly trained as the group from the Bahamas. Just pick a target and take it down."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"They're almost..." Hannabelle started, pausing to vault an exposed root, "...on them! Your other lot had better be there, Hive..." She picked up the pace she'd lost and began to diminish the gap. "Or drop the big guy in," she called back.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”If it’s okay with all of you, I’d like to fly ahead and protect the family. My powers would make it easy to fend off any potential attackers until help arrives. Though if they’re anything like the group we just dealt with, I won’t need it.” Kolt said, absentmindedly moving the floating hunters back in the city around so they wouldn’t fall on their head once he was out of range. A thought suddenly went through his head, and he realized something was off about the situation. ”Also, did anyone else notice how they didn’t really seem prepared for us being there? That one guy didn’t even seem surprised to see Hanna there, like he hadn’t been informed she was in our custody. They just seemed really uninformed, almost like they were just meant to be cannon fodder.”


"If you know where to go, then go. We can handle the other group."

Buster Wrote:
"just there to waste our time maybe?" Kol asked, bounding after the others having found it easier to cross this terrain on all fours.


"...or it has something to do with the fact that the Beacon's public schedule had Celicia listed as our next stop and that this detour is, to anyone outside of the Beacon, completely out of nowhere." Hivemind suggested. "Every once in a while we could end up being ahead of the opponent."

--------------------------------

The fog was growing thicker.
"Come on, man. Let's just shoot them, take the proof, and collect the reward." The second hunter said, pointing a rifle at the parents while the first hunter grabbed the second kit. The two forced the family to the ground with their hands in the open. "Right. Let's just get this over with." He pointed his gun at Corvis while the second hunter pointed his rifle at Golten.

The shots didn't come. The hunter with the rifle seemed to be having trouble. He was straining, concentrating. He looked like he was struggling with something. "I... I can't... I can't pull the trigger..."

"Don't tell me you've gone soft? If you don't do it, I'll kill all of them myself and you won't get anything." his partner criticized his friend's apparent moment of weakness.

"No, man! I mean I physically can't pull the trigger! My hand won't move!" The hunter tried pulling his gun back to check his hands only to find that he couldn't move his arms either. They were completely locked in place, like they were trapped in an invisible block of concrete. His vanes bulged and his muscles cramped, until to his alarm his arms began to move of their own accord. Against his will, the hunter's arms lifted the rifle away from Golten and pointed it between his partner's eyes.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" The first hunter shouted. "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!"

"I... Can't... NNGH! MMMF!" His jaws locked together as if bound by invisible rope. His legs and body contorted and rigidly walked forward toward the first hunter, rifle still pointed squarely at his partner's head. His limbs moved like they were being pulled by strings, manipulated by an outside force.

"H-hey, come on, man! Is this about the reward? We can talk about this! You don't have to do this!" The first hunter's gun dropped to the ground and he backed away from his friend until he hit a tree. "Just... Put the gun down, and let's talk!"

"MMMF! MM-MMMNN!!" His muffled and panicked cries were inaudible through his locked jaws as his own blood and muscles took over.

"P-please! I- AAAUUGH!!!!" He screamed as a dark shadow descended from the branches above, dragging him back up and out of sight. His screams turned into a blood-curdling shriek that went ominously and suddenly quiet, before his limp body fell back to the ground with a sickening thud. Frozen on his face was an expression of absolute terror.

"MMMF?! MMMMM!!!!" The second hunter dropped his rifle. His arms snapped to his side. He lifted about a foot into the air, and his neck twisted so he was looking straight up. His eyes went wide, and he gave a muffled shriek as a white creature leaped down from the branches, pouncing upon him and pinning him. When the shrieks stopped and the creature pulled back, the second hunter shared his partner's state.

The Lycan jumped down from the branches. "I take it you four are Hannabelle Presana's family. You can call me The Lycan. She is Arctos. Hannabelle sent us."

--------------------------------

Hannabelle would notice that the three arrows turned to two. One for the family, and one for the large hunter group.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri May 11, 2018 9:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt gave a quick nod, before flying towards the point marked on his visor. Once he got there, he hovered for a bit as he took in the scene. ”Aw, don’t tell me you already beat all of them.” He said jokingly as he floated down to the ground. He turned to address the family, doing a fancy bow as he introduced himself. ”You can call me Kitsune. I was send ahead of the others to make sure you weren’t in danger, but I can’t see these two already took care of that.”
-
”Let’s see, what’s applicable in this dimension?” Lewis said to himself, trying to figure which of his skills were still useful in this situation. Piloting? No, all the ships in this dimension would have different control schemes. What about speaking German? No, he was pretty they had some kind of translator thing, judging by how many people he saw talking to each other in what seemed to be completely different languages. Coding? No, he’d only dabbled in that, and he doubted Hivemind needed any coders. That only left the obvious two. ”The only ones I can think of that would be useful here are my leadership skills and my proficiency in CQC.”

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Sat May 12, 2018 12:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9668
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
They weren't crying, their mother noted, and she felt such pride in them. Corvis and Golten had remained strong in that respect, the only sign Golten was showing of fear was the doll he had clutched in his hand as they'd run. Oh, why hadn't she taken her dratted mothers invitation to learn the route properly? The only reason she'd not thrown herself at their attackers when they'd finally appeared was the distance they'd kept. She was no hunter but she knew the speed of a shot would end her, even though they'd only swatted Oren. They had the look she'd seen once or twice on her mother's face and she knew they weren't going to survive this.

When the shot didn't come she was concerned. When people started flying she was scared. When something huge and dark dropped from the trees, she was ready to attack but her eye flitted to Golten.
"Whoa," he breathed as the newcomer identified himself. The cub held up his Lycan action figure and looked from it to the male who'd dropped down and back to the figure. "You don't look much like you," he added reverently.
"My mother sent you?" Jenevive asked simply.
"Gramma's friends with the Champions," Corvis, the youngest, piped to his brother before Kolt arrived. He hopped from one footpad to another in excitement as his brother's jaw drooped. ""It's IRON TAIL" Corvis shouted. "In his new armour too!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, so you know her," Jenny remarked, smiling slightly. "well, suffice to say she was coerced into doing something she didn't want to do by her family being threatened. She's giving us help in response for us helping her family.
The 'us' is the Champions,
" she added, getting out her other I.D. "and that really is all I can tell you for your own safeties. This lot probably have illegal hunting warrants out and they're certainly impersonating Police Officers so, if you can cuff them before they can move, they're a present to you from us."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"They'd better... live, Hive," Hannabelle huffed as she began pursuing the larger group, cutting down the gap as she knew the woods well. "He'd better get there in time. Oh, seems he did." She stopped for a second and sniffed. "Amateurs," she snarled. "They've left their scents on the wind!" She took off again, tracking the scents and using the compass to make it more of a straight line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And we've already suggested leadership," Corp said slyly. "Myself? I'll be seeing what the Fighting Forces have to offer and old-timer like me."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat May 12, 2018 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat May 12, 2018 1:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3791
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich followed close behind Hannabelle as they made their way towards the larger group, "We might be slightly outnumbered, but I think we have the benefit of overwhelming force," he replied to Tatiana.

-------

Having begun their flight plan and successfully tracked the targets below, Chris disengaged the weapon safeties. "The other group is pretty close. You think there's a safe firing range between us and them or should be just shoot off a few warning shots to get our assassins to stop moving?"

--------

Denver stuck a straw in his drink as his tray was brought over to their table, "I have a question myself. Why were you following me in the first place?"

--------

Colorado stepped off the train at the platform with quickest route to the hospital. Along the way he purchase a small bouquet, having it arranged in a pleasing fashion -though he had no eye for that so it could have looked awful- and headed into the hospital. Waiting his way in line to the front he asked the secretary the whereabouts of a certain, "Cherry Seena."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat May 12, 2018 1:42 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2157
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
”Let’s see, what’s applicable in this dimension?” Lewis said to himself, trying to figure which of his skills were still useful in this situation. Piloting? No, all the ships in this dimension would have different control schemes. What about speaking German? No, he was pretty they had some kind of translator thing, judging by how many people he saw talking to each other in what seemed to be completely different languages. Coding? No, he’d only dabbled in that, and he doubted Hivemind needed any coders. That only left the obvious two. ”The only ones I can think of that would be useful here are my leadership skills and my proficiency in CQC.”

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"And we've already suggested leadership," Corp said slyly. "Myself? I'll be seeing what the Fighting Forces have to offer and old-timer like me."


"I feel like a broken record, but both of you would do well in the Champions or ship security I think, given the skills you listed. There's a big demand there for combat skills." Hivemind suggested.

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah, so you know her," Jenny remarked, smiling slightly. "well, suffice to say she was coerced into doing something she didn't want to do by her family being threatened. She's giving us help in response for us helping her family.
The 'us' is the Champions,
" she added, getting out her other I.D. "and that really is all I can tell you for your own safeties. This lot probably have illegal hunting warrants out and they're certainly impersonating Police Officers so, if you can cuff them before they can move, they're a present to you from us."


"Yeah, I know her." The officer said. "Well enough to know that whatever it is she's involved with, I don't want any of my men getting mixed up in." He ordered the real officers to handcuff the fake ones, checking each of them against a database of wanted people. Each of them turned up just as Jenny said. "Seems you were right, Miss...?" He said, also asking for her name.

--------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Having begun their flight plan and successfully tracked the targets below, Chris disengaged the weapon safeties. "The other group is pretty close. You think there's a safe firing range between us and them or should be just shoot off a few warning shots to get our assassins to stop moving?"


"If we aim Fifty feet in front of the group, we can use standard ammunition to suppress their movement without hitting them." MT advised. "Amber and paint shot will get caught in the tree branches and thus will do nothing to slow them down."

--------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt gave a quick nod, before flying towards the point marked on his visor. Once he got there, he hovered for a bit as he took in the scene. ”Aw, don’t tell me you already beat all of them.” He said jokingly as he floated down to the ground. He turned to address the family, doing a fancy bow as he introduced himself. ”You can call me Kitsune. I was sent ahead of the others to make sure you weren’t in danger, but I can see these two already took care of that.”

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
They weren't crying, their mother noted, and she felt such pride in them. Corvis and Golten had remained strong in that respect, the only sign Golten was showing of fear was the doll he had clutched in his hand as they'd run. Oh, why hadn't she taken her dratted mothers invitation to learn the route properly? The only reason she'd not thrown herself at their attackers when they'd finally appeared was the distance they'd kept. She was no hunter but she knew the speed of a shot would end her, even though they'd only swatted Oren. They had the look she'd seen once or twice on her mother's face and she knew they weren't going to survive this.

When the shot didn't come she was concerned. When people started flying she was scared. When something huge and dark dropped from the trees, she was ready to attack but her eye flitted to Golten.
"Whoa," he breathed as the newcomer identified himself. The cub held up his Lycan action figure and looked from it to the male who'd dropped down and back to the figure. "You don't look much like you," he added reverently.
"My mother sent you?" Jenevive asked simply.
"Gramma's friends with the Champions," Corvis, the youngest, piped to his brother before Kolt arrived. He hopped from one footpad to another in excitement as his brother's jaw drooped. ""It's IRON TAIL" Corvis shouted. "In his new armour too!"


"In a manner of speaking." The Lycan replied to both Jenevive and, to a lesser extent, Corvis. "Long story short, she got called to do something bad. The people who hired her threatened your kids in order to get her to do it. When we stopped her, she told us about the threat. She is cooperating fully and should be with the rest of our group."
"Kitsune, could you fly them the rest of the way to the Landing Zone at Hannabelle's house? It would buy us time and put space between them and the rest of the hunters." Eira suggested. "We'll be right behind you."

The Lycan tapped the communication device on his heads up display. "Hive, we have the family. The husband might have a broken nose, but aside from that they're uninjured. We're sending them ahead with Kitsune to the LZ."

A voice radioed back. "Excellent. That's a good plan."

"What do we do with Dumb and Dumber here?" The Lycan said, referring to the two hunters.

"Take them with you. We'll tie them up at the house and inform the police of where they are."

"Understood." The Lycan walked over to pick the two paralyzed hunters up, but Eira beat him too it. They were floating midair, each cell of their body suspended by the water inside it. "I heard." She said.

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"They'd better... live, Hive," Hannabelle huffed as she began pursuing the larger group, cutting down the gap as she knew the woods well. "He'd better get there in time. Oh, seems he did." She stopped for a second and sniffed. "Amateurs," she snarled. "They've left their scents on the wind!" She took off again, tracking the scents and using the compass to make it more of a straight line.


"The Lycan, Arctos, and Kitsune have your family. They are transporting them to your house, where the Ibis is waiting."

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich followed close behind Hannabelle as they made their way towards the larger group, "We might be slightly outnumbered, but I think we have the benefit of overwhelming force," he replied to Tatiana.


They were getting close to the enemy. Very close. Hivemind could see them on his motion trackers, which had a 25 meter range. "We're there! Six enemies, straight ahead! I'll light them up on your HUDs. Traci, take the two on the left. Nice and fast, hit them before they have time to notice what's happening. Tatiana, drop the one on the right. Ulrich, Kol, pick a target in the middle and I'll take down whomever's left from above."

--------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Colorado stepped off the train at the platform with quickest route to the hospital. Along the way he purchase a small bouquet, having it arranged in a pleasing fashion -though he had no eye for that so it could have looked awful- and headed into the hospital. Waiting his way in line to the front he asked the secretary the whereabouts of a certain, "Cherry Seena."


"Cherry Seena... Let me check." The secretary checked a sort of data pad she was carrying. "Second floor, room 227."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt gave a quick chuckle at Corvis’ mistake. ”Actually, I’m Kitsune, a Concertian hero. You can tell by the longer ears and distinctive legs.” He said, turning one of his legs to the side to show how his knees were more dog-like compared to the Celicans humanish ones. ”You’re not the first one to mistake me for him though. I’m going to have to look him up later, see what’s so similar between me and him.” He moved his leg back to it’s normal position and looked at the rest of the group. ”Anyways, I’m going to ask you to kinda get close to me, since my power is better at lifting up groups if it thinks they’re one big object. Maybe you two carry the little ones in your arms?”
-
”I wouldn’t mind joining the Champions on a temporary basis, just to make some money until the Steelhaven is ready.” Liz said after a moment of thought. ”It’d be nice to get some experience using my new powers in interesting ways.”
”If the Captain’s joining, I’m joining. I go where she goes.” Lewis said, ready to follow his mother wherever she went.

_________________
"This party never stops! Time is dead and meaning has no meaning! Existence is upside down and I reign supreme! Welcome one and all to WEIRDMAGEDDON!"


Sun May 13, 2018 1:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
They were getting close to the enemy. Very close. Hivemind could see them on his motion trackers, which had a 25 meter range. "We're there! Six enemies, straight ahead! I'll light them up on your HUDs. Traci, take the two on the left. Nice and fast, hit them before they have time to notice what's happening. Tatiana, drop the one on the right. Ulrich, Kol, pick a target in the middle and I'll take down whomever's left from above."

Traci had been holding back, sticking to the thicker parts of the woods yet keeping up with the group. Once Hive gave the order she waited for the others to be ready, then she sprung out the forest by pushing off a tree with enough speed to not harm them straight for the two hunters on the left side of the group tackling them to the ground into the forest on the other side. They yelped a little as they were struck, but the sheer speed of the attack made them breathless and the impact with the ground would make them unconscious. "Sorry.. But you kinda deserve it.." She said lowly to them, although they wouldn't be able to hear her. She then touched her comm. "Two down, get the rest!"

-----

Rika waited for the Ibis to land at the LZ as she listened to her comm. "Broken nose, that it? Hm, I was wrong.." She said to no-one in particular, continuing to read her tablet.

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Sun May 13, 2018 4:19 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12825
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"I understand more than you think." The droid said solemnly. He turned and headed for the door. "If there is nothing else, I should be going."

There's a brief moment of silence.
"Nae, there's nothin' else. Thanks again." Once the droid is gone the two dogs take their places on the couch again, each lost in their own thoughts.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sun May 13, 2018 9:45 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9668
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Sarah hopped up to escort Hive to the door and spoke after the boys. "Thanks fer all ye've done, big fella," she said, offering a handpaw. "All 'preciated."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corvis looked confused and put a claw-tip to his teeth. "What's a Cochertian," he asked, receiving a cuff from his brother for his troubles.
"He is, ya doofus," the slightly older cub remarked, causing a small scuffle to break out that their father had to sort out.
"NOW they fight," Jenevive remarked, raising her eyes to the sky. "Get over here, you three!
And stop fighting! People are trying to save us!
" She looked to the rescuers. "Sorry about that, they have my Mothers' genes..." The 'squad' assembled around the Kitsune and Corvis found himself fascinated by the legs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Not leaving any for me, Hive," Hannabelle sighed, then grinned. ""I wasn't going to kill any, you know? They might have information for us. I'll be the back up," she added.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Miles," Jenny said, "Agent Jenny Miles." All of a sudden an old theme tune began in her head - Dah, dah, dumm; Dah, dah, dumm; Dah dah, dah dah dah... - and she fought to get rid of it. "Anyway, if you've got it here, Sheriff, I'd better go catch them. Keep the people out of the woods for half an hour would you please?" She offered her hand.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3782
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kol didn't hesitate bounding forward and pouncing on one unlucky enough to be lagging behind a little, like a zergling jumping it's prey. it was hard to draw a weapon in this stance, so she didn't, the claws of her back arms instead slamming into his shoulders hard enough to make bone audibly crack as the tips of the bladed covers protruded from the other side.

"You're coming with me. Struggling will only make it hurt more." she growled into his ear as he was face down in the dirt. her claws still jammed through his shoulders, she hoisted him up by the ruined joints. Carrying him back towards Hannabelle, having wrapped her main arms around his midsection to better carry him, and keeping the grip of her upper claws tight to cut off blood circulation near the lacerations, she brought him over to the vixen and asked, "You said you had questions?"

_________________
Its been a long time...
Characters


Last edited by Buster on Sun May 13, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun May 13, 2018 1:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3791
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich took one of the ones in the middle, grabbing the fox creature by the front of the face and subduing them with a quick introduction to the ground. He slung the Celican over his shoulder while the others took care of their targets.

-------

Colorado nodded and gave a word of the thanks to the secretary before hurrying off to the elevator. He tried to keep his steps nice and slow so it didn't look like he was outright running, but it only helped somewhat. He pressed the button labeled "2" and rode the box to the second floor. He made his way off the elevator and to the door, stopping in front of it to smooth down the fur on his head and face. He steadied his hand and opened the door with a smile on his face.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sun May 13, 2018 1:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9668
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I can have fun with this," Hannabelle told herself as the hunter was brought towards her. "Hive," she added, hoping he could hear her, "Back me up on this even though I'm gonna be lying. Come in to calm me down or restrain me or... You know, do what you're normally like anyhow when I draw my arm back as though to strike him. That'll sell it perfectly." Putting on a scowl, she stepped forward and let a growl escape her throat as she neared. "My name," she spat at the hunter, letting her teeth glisten, "Is Death Vixen. Perhaps you've heard of me?" She put a hand close to his face, keeping it away from his teeth and stopping her claws an inch from the surface of his eyes. "Or perhaps you've heard of my family as they're the people you're hunting!" She let the dirty claws just touch the wet surface of the eyes but looked up to let Kol know she wasn't going to hurt the trapped male. She withdrew the hand and put her face almost eye to eye with his. "Guess how that makes me feel? Now, there are various ways to get you to tell me who set you on my family. Talk is one." She smiled a dangerous smile. "Pain is another. And it's the one my family would prefer I use..." She drew her arm back for the first strike...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, you looked different," Sana said quickly, sipping at her drink and wishing she'd ordered blood Orange. "Not like any of the Canids I've met and, being a federal type, I've met a few."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cherry Seena's voice came from one of the rooms to the left, marked as 'recovery'. "In here, Sweetie," she called.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With a laugh, Jaken threw himself down the tube.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun May 13, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Sun May 13, 2018 2:05 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1165
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana rushed forward, flying quickly into her target to the right, ramming her head first into a tree, knocking them out. She let go and stepped back watching her target slump over onto the ground. She turned around and gave a thumbs up to her team.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sun May 13, 2018 2:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 69  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.