Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

"For the record..." Morgan stated, "I never threatened to 'kill' you. I threatened to put your eye out and 'feed' you to Predator. Predator is a capture drone and mobile prison, and when it extracts information, it's forceful and not pleasant."

When the Vixen mentioned who the man who hit Randy was and what was really in the injection, she was livid again, and the storm once again gathered above them. "Hivemind..." She said, breathing hard. Lightning cracked in the clouds above. "Find him. Find that ******* murderer and make sure he get's your most cramped cell. We CAN'T let him escape. And we need to get Randy to the Good Doctor immediately!" She helped Randy to his feet and carried him outside.

-----------------------

Warlord let out a sound similar to a human sigh. "DON'T WORRY, KID. THE FIGHT'S OVER. I WILL HAVE TO TALK WITH HIM IN A LITTLE BIT. I MADE SOME UNFAIR ASSUMPTIONS THAT I MUST APOLOGIZE FOR."

When the sky went dark and he heard Morgan yelling, he wasn't particularly happy. "MORGAN, CALM DOWN. FUNNEL CLOUDS ARE FORMING. PREDATOR IS IN PURSUIT. I WILL OPEN A PORTAL FOR RANDY SHORTLY, AND I HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED THE GOOD DOCTOR." People outside might feel a slight shift in the wind indicating Predator had taken off.

-----------------------

With nobody left in the building, Golta sighed. He gestured a "go ahead" to Jenny as he got up and moved over to the vixen. "Did the mail you receive have anything to indicate where it came from?"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol facepalms seeing the others arguments and botched interrogations. "My grandchildren are more disciplined than this..."

((What, is Loki's scepter nearby or something? :P ))
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty sighs. "This is just not my day." Looking over at the other creatures, he walks over the the tallest one in some kind of armour. "Uh...excuse me? Do you know what's happening?"
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"My teammates are acting like cubs, and the most rational one here is their prisoner..." Kol deadpans in answer to Jolty, looking down at him before kneeling down. "I haven't seen you before..."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty tensed up, shoving his pockets into his coat. "I-um...y-yeah. I am sort of new here. I am hoping to join you guys as like a....you know, a-uh....Champion, I believe you guys called it. My name is Jolty...it's a pleasure..." He nervously offers a hand, hoping the creature won't notice the several oddities about him.

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, very little," the old Vixen allowed. "It probably came from a Government server. They usually do." She looked the agent in the eye with a cold, simple, glare. "But that means nothing. People break their firewalls often enough. I understand you even have a 'little' knowledge of that, hmm?" She lost the humour. "But now they've threatened my grandcubs and I think we'd be better off getting them out of harms' way before I co-operate further, hmm?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Arguments, Mr Jolty," Jaken said sorrowfully, "don't think they meant it. What now," he asked the giant drone, looking up and bending backwards to see it face to face... until he lost his balance and fell back into the water. He got up, spitting it out. "No-one saw that," he protested, having done it deliberately in a childs' way of releasing tension.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny headed back for her clothes.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Removing her bracer and glove from one hand, Kol grabs hold of Jolty's in the same gesture she used as a greeting earlier, or tries to anyway. she seems to be having the same trouble as with Jaken earlier, Her palm is actually covering most of his forearm, the large felinoid having disproportionately large hands compared to him.

Also considering Jolty's fur is damp, Kol's palm and fur being ice cold momentarily gets the two of them stuck.

"Hello, I am Kol. It is nice to meet... um... that's not..." she seems to be trying to get her hand free.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty gently removes the big creatures paw from his arm, smiling hesitantly. "Ah, I um, apologize. I didn't mean to get you stuck." He bows his head, blushing and embarrassed. "My apologies."

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Maybe." Golta glared back. "But if I recall, the Champions require a lot less information than the IOC before they can take action. They have a reputation. I'm sure you've heard." Upon hearing her mention her grandcubs, he said "We will go get them, and we will protect them, once Jenny get's back."

--------------------

Predator flew through the sky, like a monstrous hawk dead-set on catching it's prey, and more silently than a shadow. It didn't take long for it to detect it's victim. An old Celican that Predator never even truly lost. Despite the assassin's efforts to stay hidden in the crowd, Predator could see everything, even if it had no eyes to see. It swooped down when it had a clear path, and hovered silently over the crowd, the only evidence of it's existence was a slight disturbance of the hats of some of the tourists. It drifted just above the Medicant. Silently it opened it's mechanical jaws and lunged for him.

--------------------

"SO YOU WISH TO JOIN THE CHAMPIONS?" Lumberjack asked Jolty. "WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU HAVE THAT COULD BENEFIT A GROUP OF SUPERHEROES?" It continued.

In the distance the sounds of a shrieking crowd could be heard. "PREDATOR HAS CAPTURED CARRUS BRAKWALL. ALL THREE KNOWN ASSASSINS IN CUSTODY."
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Kolt flew over the harbor, his mind was filled with angry thoughts. Not towards Hivemind, but towards himself. Dang it, why’d I mention my Wards? Now I’m going to be a pathetic self pitying mess for the next half hour. He floated above the water for a bit as he tried to find a good spot to hide, somewhere where he could have some privacy for a few minutes. Underwater was no good, Tempest would find him immediately. There were plenty of open rooftops, but while those offered privacy from below, it had nothing to stop people from spotting him from above. And he couldn’t find an alley couldn’t find an alley that was both out of the way and unoccupied. Eventually he found a good hiding spot. A construction site working on condos for guests who wanted to stay at the resort for long periods of time, whose crew were apparently taking an off day. He flew down into one of the semi finished patios, where the overhang blocked any fliers from seeing him, and found a corner to sit in. As soon as he did so, he started silently crying, making little noise aside from the occasional sharp inhale.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
dusk

Post by dusk »

He looks up at the giant. "Well....um..not trying to brag, but I have been travelling on my own for a while, so I have survival skills, I can fix just about anything, have built my own inventions. Like these." He holds up his electricity gloves, and they crackle. "I am not magical in anyway, however." He blushes more, realizing how pompous he sounded, and dips his head. "A-apologies."
Last edited by dusk on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken slopped a soaking wet handpaw on Jolty's shoulder. "He is also brave and smart and modest. All of which is weird for a Felis," he announced.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"ALL OF THAT IS TO YOUR BENEFIT. WE COULD USE SOMEONE WHO CAN DO FIELD REPAIRS. LIKE A MEDIC FOR MECHANICAL CHAMPIONS LIKE TALYA AND MYSELF." Lumberjack said. "OF COURSE, THERE ARE STILL A NUMBER OF THINGS YOU NEED TO DO BEFORE BECOMING A CHAMPION. MOSTLY PAPERWORK AND TRAINING."

----------------------

With Brakwall secured, Predator took off, distancing itself from the screaming crowd. It soared over the resort like a phantom, looking for the next person it had to visit, Kolt. Obviously not to capture him, but Hivemind needed to have a word and Predator was the only droid he had in the area that could fly.

Eventually, Predator's spacial displacement sensor picked up Kolt in a nearby construction sight. It flew over, gripped onto the building, and fit it's head inside the building, as that was the only part of it that would fit. It sat there, invisible, and listened to Kolt for a while.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Held by Predator, a certain canid has decided now is a good time to snap off one of his incisors, swallow something inside it and spit the rest of the broken tooth at the machine that caught him.

[Warning. prisoner heart rate erratic. cardiac failure in progress.]

- - - - - - - -

"It's not your fault, I wasn't expecting ice in a place that's unreasonably hot..."

- - - - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:"Easy." the hive dragon stated. It pulled out two cards, one with Talya's name and the other with Kobor's name. "These are your champion cards. They have your ID, your keys, your money, basically everything you need. I have already transferred the five million credit reward for today's actions into your account."
"So... just enough for a months expenses... Isn't that a bit high for paramilitary work?" Kobor asks as he accepted the cards, sounding more than a bit skeptical.
I don't think the exchange rate between Credits and Pars here is that close to what we're used to. This earth isn't run by a global consortium like back home, their currency might not be as inflated.
wouldn't that mean he's overpaying us more?
uh... good point.

>Mind letting me connect to the local currency exchange? I need to check something.

Meanwhile June has snagged one of the cards and is paying for her pendant.
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty pushes his index fingers together, nervously. "Ehheh....a-alright..." He looks twitchy, and rather nervous in your presence. Perhaps it's because of your height, and the fact that you look like, and probably could, tear him into a million pieces and crush him into oblivion.

*Russian Intensifies*
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

If Kolt knew the drone was there, he didn’t show it. He just sat there, alone with his thoughts. Eventually, after about a minute or so of silently crying, he pulled some kind of locket out of his suit’s hammerspace pocket. It folded open to show three different Concertian teens, two girls and one boy. He sighed as a sad smile worked itself onto his face, his hand idly tracing over the three pictures.
Is it not contradictory to both try to forget they existed, and keep a locket that reminds you of them? Quint pointed out, startling his partner after being quiet for so long.
”Geez Quint, you scared the daylights out of me. Where have you been?”
I gave you privacy for your thing with Jenny, and you did not need me for the assassins, but I am not going to stand by while you keep blaming yourself for the deaths of your Wards.
”I am responsible for their deaths!”
Kolt, I was THERE for two of their deaths, and I have read the files on the one I was not. None of what happened is your fault.
”They wouldn’t have died if I’d been better!!” He yelled, before clamping a hand over his mouth as he realized how loud he was being. After a minute or two where nothing happened, he started speaking again, this time at a much quieter volume. ”If I’d noticed that grenade in time to protect Alya, if I’d prevented the Yah Rin from taking Nino, if I’d stopped Lila from c.....” His words trailed off, the wound of her death still too fresh in his mind. ”If I’d been just a little faster, just a little stronger, just a little more perceptive, then they’d still be alive. They’d still be here today. And I wouldn’t a pathetic self pitying mess right now.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Whereto is he, Hive," Jenny asked into her comm after pulling her outfit back on. "Kolt, I mean. And you want to take ol' Death Vixen into custody, sir?" She waited for a reply before moving toward the exit.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:Held by Predator, a certain canid has decided now is a good time to snap off one of his incisors, swallow something inside it and spit the rest of the broken tooth at the machine that caught him.

[Warning. prisoner heart rate erratic. cardiac failure in progress.]
[Pausing Simulation]
[Running Diagnostics]
[Cyanide Detected In Bloodstream]
[Deleting...]
[...Cyanide Levels: 0f]
[p2.setHeartRateBPM(60) running]
[Complete. Heart rate set to: 60 BPM]
[Resuming Simulation]

A string of text appeared in front of said canid's face.
>Nice try. Coward.
>You don't even know where you are, do you?

------------------------------
Buster wrote:"So... just enough for a months expenses... Isn't that a bit high for paramilitary work?" Kobor asks as he accepted the cards, sounding more than a bit skeptical.
I don't think the exchange rate between Credits and Pars here is that close to what we're used to. This earth isn't run by a global consortium like back home, their currency might not be as inflated.
wouldn't that mean he's overpaying us more?
uh... good point.

>Mind letting me connect to the local currency exchange? I need to check something.

Meanwhile June has snagged one of the cards and is paying for her pendant.
>Go ahead.
>Keep in mind, payment is based on the difficulty and importance of the task you have accomplished, not your experience.

Hivemind genuinely looked forward to seeing the twins' reactions to finding out just how much they just got payed.

Legotron123 wrote:If Kolt knew the drone was there, he didn’t show it. He just sat there, alone with his thoughts. Eventually, after about a minute or so of silently crying, he pulled some kind of locket out of his suit’s hammerspace pocket. It folded open to show three different Concertian teens, two girls and one boy. He sighed as a sad smile worked itself onto his face, his hand idly tracing over the three pictures.
Is it not contradictory to both try to forget they existed, and keep a locket that reminds you of them? Quint pointed out, startling his partner after being quiet for so long.
”Geez Quint, you scared the daylights out of me. Where have you been?”
I gave you privacy for your thing with Jenny, and you did not need me for the assassins, but I am not going to stand by while you keep blaming yourself for the deaths of your Wards.
”I am responsible for their deaths!”
Kolt, I was THERE for two of their deaths, and I’ve read the files on the one I was not. None of what happened is your fault.
”They wouldn’t have died if I’d been better!!” He yelled, before clamping a hand over his mouth as he realized how loud he was being. After a minute or two where nothing happened, he started speaking again, this time at a much quieter volume. ”If I’d noticed that grenade in time to protect Alya, if I’d prevented the Yah Rin from taking Nino, if I’d stopped Lila from c.....” His words trailed off, the wound of her death still too fresh in his mind. ”If I’d been just a little faster, just a little stronger, just a little more perceptive, then they’d still be alive. They’d still be here today. And I wouldn’t a pathetic self pitying mess right now.”
Predator watched silently through Kolt's conversation with what could only be Quint. It let go of the building and fell silently, landing on it's feet. It didn't truly touch the ground, as it hovered on an odd spacial cushion that kept it a fixed five inches away from any surface it moved on, even if that surface was a wall or ceiling. It silently and smoothly moved next to the place Kolt was sitting. Then it dropped it's stealth mode.

The first thing Kolt might notice about Predator is that he was VERY wrong about it being smaller than the other two mechs. It may have been shorter, but that was because it was standing on all four legs. If it were standing upright, which it's adjustable hip, opposable thumbs, and the two broadswords on it's back that would require the use of arms indicated was a possible stance for the robot, it would easily be forty feet tall. That's not even including the length of the tail. That would be the second thing Kolt might notice; while the other robots took on a traditional western-style mech appearance with two legs, two arms, and a main body with all of it's sensors and vital components, Predator took on a more bestial appearance, like some sort of odd cross between a wolf and a raptor. It had a head with a jaw, but no eyes. It's body had an array of hundreds of lights along it's sides and underside, two of which were lit up. It had a long tail that looked prehensile, wings that didn't appear to have thrusters, and, as mentioned before, it was hovering about five inches off the ground on cushions of some unseen force.

"Please do not be alarmed, Kolt. I just want to talk for a moment, if you are alright with that." It's voice was also much softer than the other robots.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Whereto is he, Hive," Jenny asked into her comm after pulling her outfit back on. "Kolt, I mean. And you want to take ol' Death Vixen into custody, sir?" She waited for a reply before moving toward the exit.
"KOLT IS CURRENTLY AT A CONSTRUCTION SITE ON THE OTHER END OF THE RESORT. I AM CHECKING ON HIM AS WE SPEAK." Warlord said. "AS FOR..." It let out a short burst of static that could be easily interpreted as a snort. "DEATH VIXEN? IS THAT HER PROPER TITLE, JENNY? IT'S... KIND OF ON THE NOSE, ISN'T IT? ANYWAY, THERE ARE A COUPLE OF THINGS WE CAN DO WITH HER. ONE IS WE PORTAL HER TO THE BEACON WHERE I WILL TAKE HER INTO CUSTODY. THE OTHER OPTION IS ONCE PREDATOR GETS BACK, I TAKE HER INTO CUSTODY EARLY AND SHE GOES TO THE BEACON WHEN PREDATOR DOES."

Golta led the handcuffed Vixen out of the building. "She claims her grandcubs are at risk, probably because she failed the kidnapping. She also won't say anything else until they are safe."

"WE CANNOT AFFORD TO IGNORE THIS IF IT IS EVEN POSSIBLY TRUE." Warlord turned to 'Death Vixen' and asked "WHERE ARE YOUR GRANDCUBS?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Cana," the old Vixen snapped. "One of the colony worlds. And it's Hannabell Presana. It was never proven that I was the agent called Death Vixen. It would be stupid to take a name that identifies my race AND my gender, don't you think?" Again she allowed a slight grin that could shudder spines. "Or was that the point?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Why so glum, Mr Jolty," Jaken asked his friend. "You don't need to be running now."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was definitely alarmed by the Predators sudden appearance, judging from the odd, shriek like noise he made, and the fact that he almost didn’t catch his locket after throwing into the air. Once he was sure it was okay, he started glaring at the animalistic mech, though it’s fierceness was undercut by how red his eyes were. ”I thought the fact that I tried to hide myself would make it clear I want to be alone right now.” He said, looking back down at the open locket. ”I don’t care whether you’re here to apologize or to lecture me. I just want to be a pathetic self pitying mess in peace. That was the second time he used that phrase (third if you count the one Hivemind wasn’t there for). Did he think there was something wrong with mourning?

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:>Nice try. Coward.
>You don't even know where you are, do you?
"Considering that tasted like a chemical poison, instead of the enzyme it should have been? A Simulation coded by someone who clearly doesn't know me." he comments, emphasizing odd words and actually sounding disappointed as he points out the simulation's inaccuracy... As if he's talking about someone withholding his desert rather than the absence of pain and death.

- - - - - - - -

>Oh ha ha. Enough with the pranks, I meant the REAL one. there is no way one job was worth more than we've earned in the last decade.

Problem?
Hivemind's being a troll.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny piloted the buggy through the park, headed for the construction site that she could see looming closer. She guessed the huge shadow was the Predator and headed for that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do I get a room," Jaken asked suddenly, "or your couch, Miss Rika?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Can we get out of here before my capture ends up on the local news," Presana asked, seeing a TV camera coming closer through the park.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty seems to be off in a world of his own, and it tinkering with a small mechanical looking robot man, disassembling and reassembling him quickly and precisely. His eyes are lost, and he is running thoughts through his head. "I don't have enough power to fix my locator, or else I might be able to navigate us to a safer star system....though, those are few and far between..."

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt was definitely alarmed by the Predators sudden appearance, judging from the odd, shriek like noise he made, and the fact that he almost didn’t catch his locket after throwing into the air. Once he was sure it was okay, he started glaring at the animalistic mech, though it’s fierceness was undercut by how red his eyes were. ”I thought the fact that I tried to hide myself would make it clear I want to be alone right now.” He said, looking back down at the open locket. ”I don’t care whether you’re here to apologize or to lecture me. I just want to be a pathetic self pitying mess in peace. That was the second time he used that phrase (third if you count the one Hivemind wasn’t there for). Did he think there was something wrong with mourning?
"I'm not here to lecture you. I am here to apologize as I did not know what you had experienced. I made some wrong assumptions and I brought up bad memories, and for that I am sorry." Predator continued. "More than that, however, I am here to tell you that I understand. You called me an AI earlier. That is not the case."

"My name isn't Hivemind. It's Solomon Cohen." he admitted. "My brother was... is... Justus Cohen." Hivemind paused for a moment. The pain not really visible on the expressionless face of Predator. "You are not a pitying mess, Kolt. I am. I haven't spoken in person with more than two people in the past four years since I lost my brother, and those two people I only saw because I heard evidence my brother was coming back. It's alright to mourn, Kolt. It doesn't make you weak."

-----------------------
Buster wrote:"Considering that tasted like a chemical poison, instead of the enzyme it should have been? A Simulation coded by someone who clearly doesn't know me." he comments, emphasizing odd words and actually sounding disappointed as he points out the simulation's inaccuracy... As if he's talking about someone withholding his desert rather than the absence of pain and death.
>If it tasted like a chemical poison, than it was a chemical poison. you have been downloaded. I downloaded your tooth with the rest of you by mistake which is why it showed up in this simulation in the first place.
>you have a lot to answer for.
>Tell me, what did you hit the Lycan with?

-----------------------
Buster wrote:>Oh ha ha. Enough with the pranks, I meant the REAL one. there is no way one job was worth more than we've earned in the last decade.

Problem?
Hivemind's being a troll.
>No pranks here, Talya.
>You literally helped stop the devil from coming to life.
>This team did on their second day, and the first for you, what more experienced teams have failed to do.
>Don't believe me? Check your account with the number on that card.

-----------------------

"AGREED. OPENING THE PORTAL NOW."

Once again, a portal opened up and Morgan led The Lycan through, followed by Golta with Presana. On the other side, they were met with two heavy security droids. "I will take them from here. You two get back down there. There could be more assassins."

Golta reluctantly handed Presana over to one hive droid while the other supported The Lycan and led him to the medical center. Morgan and Golta stepped back through the portal and found themselves back in the resort.
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Do I get a room," Jaken asked suddenly, "or your couch, Miss Rika?"
The young Celican's voice snapped Rika out of her thoughts. "Hm? Oh, uh.." She sighed. "I'm not sure.. Of course I'd want you to stay with me, but I don't know what Hivemind or the IOC want to do with you.." She said honestly. "..All I know for certain is that you are coming on the Beacon with me. Speaking of.." She stepped toward Warlord. "Hive, I think it'd be best if we get Jaken onto the Beacon. He'd be safer there, right? I'll look after him until we reach Celica!" She shouted up to the robot, even though she didn't really have to.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was silent for a moment as he pondered what Hiv-Solomon said. Eventually he sighed, folding up his locket and putting it back into hammerspace. ”Well, I suppose what you said about having stared death in the face makes more sense now.” He said, tilting his head up to look at the quadriplegic mech. ”Though I think the translator is malfunctioning. It sounded like you said your brother’s name was Justice, as in the quality of being fair and reasonable.”

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Buster wrote:"Considering that tasted like a chemical poison, instead of the enzyme it should have been? A Simulation coded by someone who clearly doesn't know me." he comments, emphasizing odd words and actually sounding disappointed as he points out the simulation's inaccuracy... As if he's talking about someone withholding his desert rather than the absence of pain and death.
>If it tasted like a chemical poison, than it was a chemical poison. you have been downloaded. I downloaded your tooth with the rest of you by mistake which is why it showed up in this simulation in the first place.
>you have a lot to answer for.
>Tell me, what did you hit the Lycan with?
"oh, nothing much, a hefty dose of morphine, some oxytocin and ketamine for good measure. By thetime those wear off the antibiotic resistant strain of Yersinia pestis should be in the infectious stage, and the real fun starts. I was planning to release that one in Amsterdam when we stopped there next week, but this seemed more fun." he says with a laugh, pausing before adding, "oh and there's the cocktail of surprises. Can't say what's in there because I didn't mix it. Probably something boringly efficient. Julian is an excellent student, but he just doesn't understand the artistry of pain." as if you didn't have enough proof already that this guy was madman...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt was silent for a moment as he pondered what Hiv-Solomon said. Eventually he sighed, folding up his locket and putting it back into hammerspace. ”Well, I suppose what you said about having stared death in the face makes more sense now.” He said, tilting his head up to look at the quadriplegic mech. ”Though I think the translator is malfunctioning. It sounded like you said your brother’s name was Justice, as in the quality of being fair and reasonable.”
Predator let out a short series of static bursts that sounded a little like sobbing laughter. "We used to tease him so much for that. But no, his name was JustUS, not JustICE. It's a name meaning... basically one who has that quality, not the quality itself. That didn't stop us from poking fun at the fact that the most powerful superhero had such an... accurate name. He'd get annoyed at that."

-----------------------
Buster wrote:"oh, nothing much, a hefty dose of morphine, some oxytocin and ketamine for good measure. By thetime those wear off the antibiotic resistant strain of Yersinia pestis should be in the infectious stage, and the real fun starts. I was planning to release that one in Amsterdam when we stopped there next week, but this seemed more fun." he says with a laugh, pausing before adding, "oh and there's the cocktail of surprises. Can't say what's in there because I didn't mix it. Probably something boringly efficient. Julian is an excellent student, but he just doesn't understand the artistry of pain." as if you didn't have enough proof already that this guy was madman...
>You had an entire box of them, yet only threw a few. where are the rest.
>Keep in mind, you are currently data. If you do not tell me, i will simply pull the information from your mind.
>I can't say what that will do to you though.

Hivemind immediately gathered a small army of biohazard droids equipped with a variety of equipment to fight airborn pathogens, including UV flash bulbs, viral and bacterial scanners, and even flamethrowers for more stubborn bugs. They quickly marched to the portal generated earlier and walked through into the resort.

-----------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:The young Celican's voice snapped Rika out of her thoughts. "Hm? Oh, uh.." She sighed. "I'm not sure.. Of course I'd want you to stay with me, but I don't know what Hivemind or the IOC want to do with you.." She said honestly. "..All I know for certain is that you are coming on the Beacon with me. Speaking of.." She stepped toward Warlord. "Hive, I think it'd be best if we get Jaken onto the Beacon. He'd be safer there, right? I'll look after him until we reach Celica!" She shouted up to the robot, even though she didn't really have to.
"I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH HIM STAYING WITH YOU. YOU ARE A PART OF ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. HE WILL BE SAFEST IN CHAMPION TOWER. UNLESS THE IOC HAS ANYTHING TO SAY OTHERWISE?"

Golta shrugged. "I was sent to protect him, but I feel the Champions will be better equipped." He said. "Not to disparage my own organization, but anyone who has giant megamechs they can just deploy at a moment's notice is someone I would want protecting me. The kid will be fine with you. That is, as long as my partner and I go with you?"

"PARTNER?"

"A newer agent, Sana. She's the tech side of things."

"I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH THAT EITHER. RIKA, JAKEN, YOU CAN USE THE PORTAL JUST AS SOON AS I AM DONE WALKING THROUGH IT." Warlord stated.

And, sure enough, a dozen biohazard fighters marched through the portal, UV flash bulbs in their hands and flamethrowers on their backs, in a rather long line. one gave a thumbs up to Rika and Jaken saying they were OK to go through while some of the others marched over to the cafe. One checked out the unconscious civilian while a second started waving the UV light in the air. A third one turned it's flamethrower on the broken shards of syringe and burned it enthusiastically.

"I DO NEED TO ASK THOUGH, DO YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING THE DINNER MEETING WITH THE PRIME MINISTER? IF SO, MAKE SURE YOU ARE BACK BY 8. IT IS STILL HAPPENING AND I WILL ENSURE THE AREA IS SECURE."
Last edited by CyberDragon on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"it was six, and I threw four. I hid the last two in a first aid kit. I wasn't paying attention to where."

- - - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:>No pranks here, Talya.
>You literally helped stop the devil from coming to life.
>This team did on their second day, and the first for you, what more experienced teams have failed to do.
>Don't believe me? Check your account with the number on that card.
>You people are crazy.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

>Next question, Brakwall. Who is Julian?

----------------------

>I don't know if crazy is the right word. Eccentric maybe. How does it feel to be able to pay for a replacement hull for your ship after one day's work?
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Dinner is food," Jaken said absently. "Prime Minister and President food is the best food so I wish to go still, yes, sir!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The buggy headed into the construction zone, Jenny watching around her for any obstacles and attackers.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded, "I would still be up for going to the dinner, since it is still happening. I do not think it would be cancelled, especially with us around to protect everyone if things do not stay so calm."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana was leaning against a wall as the show of emotions played out, not quite sure what to make of it. Free food on the other hand was something she did know what to make of, "I'm all for it. Maybe it'll make up for not seeing a jellyfish. Though if I'm honest, I hope all hooligans in the area back down for the meal. Its been a long day... "
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika sighed. "Guess I'll have to since Jaken wants to.." She watched as the large group of biohazard drones marched out from the portal. She made to question why they were here, but she was honestly too tired to care. The surge of adrenaline from almost being shot tired her body out.. "..First though, we both need to change. Come on Jaken.." And with that, she lead Jaken through the portal onto the Beacon..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty looked around, not exactly sure what to do, or where to go. So, he just sat in a corner while the group dissipated. It's not like they'll really notice I am gone, I just met them...

Taking out a weathered book, he sits and begins to read.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"WE STILL HAVE A LITTLE TIME BEFORE WE NEED TO HEAD OUT." Lumberjack turned to Jolty. "WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO WITH US? IT'S NOT AN OPPORTUNITY THAT COMES AROUND OFTEN, AND IF YOU ARE WITH US I AM SURE THE PRIME MINISTER WILL BE FINE WITH YOU JOINING."
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

He stands, tucking the book into his coat pocket. "I suppose so, yes." He looks over at the portal. "Do we enter that?"

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken took Rikas' handpaw and looked around as he stepped through the portal, ready to be impressed. "Who...oh, it's a room," he said, an expression of wonder giving way to something slightly exasperated and comical as he dripped.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The buggy pulled up close to the construction and Jenny clambered her way up to the pair, using the lift as much as possible and trying to do it quietly, not so much as to avoid detection by the drone as that was impossible but so as to not crowd Kolt.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Some Eden ya got here, fella," the old Vixen appreciated. "Probably attracts all kinds of serpents."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Solomon’s laughter was infectious, and soon Kolt was laughing too. ”What, what where your parents thinking? Was ‘Anincredibleguy’ too on the nose? Or, or, or what about ‘Destinedforgreatness?’ Was that vetoed too?” He said between fits of laughter. Eventually, he managed to calm himself down, wiping the tears off his face. ”Thank you, I really needed that.” He was silent for a moment, before once again looking up at the glorified Pokéball of a mech. ”So, you said you thought you lost ‘Justus.’” Kolt said, stifling a laugh at the ridiculous name. ”What exactly happened that made you think he was dead? I’m guessing he didn’t just disappear in a vague glow of light.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:He stands, tucking the book into his coat pocket. "I suppose so, yes." He looks over at the portal. "Do we enter that?"
"No." One of the biohazard drones said. "That portal leads to the Beacon. The meet with the Prime Minister is just down in the nearby town."

Two other biohazard drones hauled the unconscious civilian through the portal. The rest started looking around for something.

-------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:Solomon’s laughter was infectious, and soon Kolt was laughing too. ”What, what where your parents thinking? Was ‘Anincredibleguy’ too on the nose? Or, or, or what about ‘Destinedforgreatness?’ Was that vetoed too?” He said between fits of laughter. Eventually, he managed to calm himself down, wiping the tears off his face. ”Thank you, I really needed that.” He was silent for a moment, before once again looking up at the glorified Pokéball of a mech. ”So, you said you thought you lost ‘Justus.’” Kolt said, stifling a laugh at the ridiculous name. ”What exactly happened that made you think he was dead? I’m guessing he didn’t just disappear in a vague glow of light.”
"To be fair, he wasn't born with powers like I was. He got them accidentally in his college years." Predator shifted. "That... was my fault. He was helping me with a project, and it... blew up." The droid could sense Jenny getting closer to their bench outside the first floor of the construction site. He needed to go soon, the Biohazard drones weren't having much luck finding the remaining syringes. In response to Kolt asking why he thought his brother was dead, his laughing stopped and he responded. "He... got stabbed by a cursed claymore sword. And then exploded." Predator lifted off of the ground after spreading it's wings. "I'm sorry. I have to go. There is an emergency that needs Predator's attention. Jenny is almost here. I am sure she wants to make sure you are alright." With that, Predator vanished and flew off completely silently.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken took Rikas' handpaw and looked around as he stepped through the portal, ready to be impressed. "Who...oh, it's a room," he said, an expression of wonder giving way to something slightly exasperated and comical as he dripped.
A light hive droid was there to greet them. "This room might not look like much, but Champion tower is very impressive if I say so myself. Would you follow me please?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Some Eden ya got here, fella," the old Vixen appreciated. "Probably attracts all kinds of serpents."
"Indeed it does." The heavy security droid said as it led the Vixen to interrogation. "Good thing we have an army of mongooses then, isn't it?"
-Champion Motto