Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

"So would you like to come with me to the water park when you're done here?" Morgan asked Randy.

"Well I'm a little busy making sure nobody sees... whatever is happening to that shark." He turned to Talya. "Though I don't think anyone will see you. I set up holographic cloaking devices around here while I was waiting. How long does this take again?" he asked the armored shell.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"this stage usually takes about two hours, but the massive dose gave Junior a head start. after that his body will be 'ready' and will kinda lie there as if asleep for the remaining twelve-some-odd hours it takes for the new colony to feed and integrate. It should be safe to move him once the twitching calms down." Talya explains, looking over the now partially vulpinoid psudo shark.

it's becoming pretty clear that the end result is going to basically be a fluffy version of an anthropomorphic shark. Though there's no longer any question of who the DNA came from, as junior has quite a few of Kolt's traits. The beam must not have cut his tail as cleanly as it first appeared.

>sounds good, if you head our way, junior'll probably be ready to move by the time you get here.

- - - - -

"Well, when I wasn't working or watching the grandchildren, I would head to the outskirts and study the rings. I wanted to know it's secret. there wasn't much else to do."
Kol explained, while reattaching her glove. "it's how I wound up here, actually. They lit up and pulled me in, next I knew I woke up surrounded by human doctors."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:With a chuckle, Jaken waited until he was sure everyone who was going through had gone through then he gave a mock bow to the others and backflipped through the hole in space...

...to arrive where he'd planned. Grinning slightly, he closed the portal, saluted the stunned onlookers and set about opening the next portal. This one was a further distance and he grunted slightly at the extra pressure as the hole formed behind what appeared to be a bus stop. "Landed on bus once," he explained. "hard to hang on."
"I'm sure it is.." Rika said half-heartedly. She was now getting a little annoyed at the stares of passers-by, some weren't even human and were still staring! "..Let's just keep going."

After Rika stepped through the second portal, she noticed there were fewer people here and breathed a sigh of relief. She could also see the water-park. "Hmm, we could walk to the entrance from here." She said, just spotting the entrance sign down the road a ways. "Still a little far, though.."

She waited for Jaken to step through the portal.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken hopped and rolled through the portal, springing back up to his feet after landing and deciding where to put the next portal. Just for once he realised he didn't have to put it inside the park. He'd been here once or twice but when the park was shut so he wouldn't be discovered. of course that meant all the rides were shut off but he could still wash in the weird tasting water and avoid the Humes with uniforms that walked around the park at night. They'd probably never even seen him. He opened a portal next to the wall, just by the side of the entry gates. around the side. Then, after Rika had gone through, he gave a cheeky 'salute' to those watching and hopped backwards through the opening.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Whichever you prefer, Kolt," Jenny said, letting go after touchdown and checking her weapons were safe in the bag - with one copy of her ID. "but I suppose a pivotal question right now is would your culture prefer me in a one piece or a bikini?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave Jenny a light playful slap. ”Oy, quit it with the flirting, my poor heart can’t take it.” He joked, before answering much more seriously. ”To be perfectly honest, I’ve never cared for that sort of thing. I’ve always felt the body should be a low priority when decided who you want to be your partner. The mind is what I value. Though if it helps, most of my female teammates tended to wear a two piece.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's a good principle," Jenny admitted, mock slapping him gently. "Things were different on Colony 14. There fifty years was dreamland, y'know? Life was faster so you had to go faster." She sighed. "If I were still there - and it hadn't, apparently, been shut down by the Champions when I wasn't looking? I'd be considered middle aged!" She waited for her turn in the queue and paid for a silver/blue two piece. "'ll be back in a moment," she advised, heading in to get changed. Most of her clothes (and weapons) she stored in a closet but she donned a pair of black socks (with fur effect) and slipped a pair of waterproof miniature guns (The width of credit cards)into them so they appeared invisible in addition to the two piece bathing suit. Suitably attired - or, rather, unattired - she returned to the outside. "Looking OK, Kolt," she asked. "Not that it matters too much."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken hopped and rolled through the portal, springing back up to his feet after landing and deciding where to put the next portal. Just for once he realised he didn't have to put it inside the park. He'd been here once or twice but when the park was shut so he wouldn't be discovered. of course that meant all the rides were shut off but he could still wash in the weird tasting water and avoid the Humes with uniforms that walked around the park at night. They'd probably never even seen him. He opened a portal next to the wall, just by the side of the entry gates. around the side. Then, after Rika had gone through, he gave a cheeky 'salute' to those watching and hopped backwards through the opening.
After Rika exited the portal and watched Jaken do another backflip, she headed into the park. "Wow, there's a lot of people here.. Well, makes sense. What better place to be in a hot climate then in cool water?" She said as she entered, mostly to herself. "Anyway, that looks like the hut you can get swimsuits from. Come on, Jaken!"

With that, Rika joined the still rather long line to the swimsuit store.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"But..." Jaken looked down at what he was wearing, a rather dirty pair of shorts that comprised his entire wardrobe. "I'm already in shorts," he protested, still letting Rika lead him to the end of the queue that the others were at the head of. At least he still wouldn't have to pay...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"this stage usually takes about two hours, but the massive dose gave Junior a head start. after that his body will be 'ready' and will kinda lie there as if asleep for the remaining twelve-some-odd hours it takes for the new colony to feed and integrate. It should be safe to move him once the twitching calms down." Talya explains, looking over the now partially vulpinoid psudo shark.

it's becoming pretty clear that the end result is going to basically be a fluffy version of an anthropomorphic shark. Though there's no longer any question of who the DNA came from, as junior has quite a few of Kolt's traits. The beam must not have cut his tail as cleanly as it first appeared.

>sounds good, if you head our way, junior'll probably be ready to move by the time you get here.
>All right. I'm on my way. Hivemind messaged Talya before limping over to where he knew they were hiding. It took a while, and he tripped on the bushes a number of times, but he finally made his way into the clearing. Given this is the first time Talya has seen Hive's broken body, the almost undead appearance of it might be new to her. "I'm herezzzz" his voice was consumed in static for a minute before he took his remaining arm and tweaked some exposed parts in his neck. "There... Better... This is why I need to go to the Beacon. I need to go in the recycler. Are you ready to go?" He asked Talya.

"Once you guys have gone and we're sure nobody's seen you, I think we are going to head to the water park."

"Fine b-b-by me." Hive's voice glitched again.

---------------------------------

"Well, if ya like ta learn, we've got a library. It's got plenty of e-books, an' it's free. Or ya could go with yer friends here on their walk. Speakin' of which," He turned to Ulrich and Tatiana. "Before I go do damage control, is there a place ya'd like to walk to? We've got beaches, shops, an aquarium, an' the nearby town's got plenty of stuff in it. Anythin' sound good?"
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded back, "Well, I'll let you take point. This place does slightly resemble a city back home, but this place is pretty, spacious. There aren't muggers down every other crevice." She turned to Gear as he gave his suggestions, "Eh, I'm up for most anything. Most things here will be an interesting new experience any way."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Books?" Kol asked, confused, that word not entirely translating as without a source of fibrous plant matter back home their writing material had always been too bulky for such things.

- - - - -

By the time Hivemind arrives, Talya has rebuilt the destroyed leg and redone the plating of everything below the waist articulator in SiC. her upper half though looks skeletal, the armor having been entirely stripped to rebuild the systems and structural elements damaged either in the second phase of the battle, or skipped over from the repair after the first for the sake of time. you can see spots where the sheathing has been sheared or burned away from wires to reveal strands of blue-green goop rather that copper filaments, and just behind the pilot compartment is a large mass of the blue stuff inside a cylindrical fluid chamber, vaguely approximating the shape of a computer's main board, albeit one with an array of daughterboards backplates and expansion cards that would never work were it synthetic, as several are going through each other in ways that would have required the whole thing be manufactured from a single contiguous die. the advantages of your circuitry being grown rather than built perhaps.

"Wow. you got busted up worse than I did... What'd you do? take a missile to the face?" she comments. looking over at the other machine. Pointing behind her, she adds "Junior's right over... uh..." faltering and turning to confirm she is indeed looking at a patch of empty sand.

"and OF COURSE that would happen right when I shut my optics down for maintenance... she must have slid-" she states exasperatedly only to be cut off.

"Hey! GET OFF!"
"Make me old man!"
out in the water there's a vulpinoid/shark sitting on Kobor's back, laughing and messing with him.

"into... what." Talya's words grind to a halt as she fails to process what she's seeing... This should be impossible. there is NO WAY junior should have full control of hi- er... her host in only two and a half hours. the shortest she knew of was sixteen... This was the kind of speed machine-kaal matured at, not beast-kaal... this would require the host to have not rejected or fought her presence at all. that never happened. It should have been fighting her every step of the way.

"This... should not happen. You have better odds of wining the jackpot, on three random-generated lottery tickets, in a row, after surviving being struck by lightning, than this happening." Tal sounds frustrated, and confused.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Got hit w-w-with a dark pulse. P-p-pretty powerful h-hit, close range a-a-and no cover. M-my armor's not tha-a-at strong. It's why I-I-I need to go to the recycler." the broken robot said in response to Talya's comment about his condition. "So where i-i-is the... Oh." Somewhere in a quiet room on the Beacon of Hope, a hive droid burst out in laughter so that the one on earth could keep its composure when he saw the shark creature messing with Kobor. "I see. Is h-h-her rapid develo-o-o-opment potentially dangerous?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I... Have no idea. to my knowledge this is unprecedented." Talya mumbles, slightly distracted, as she runs a set of self diagnostics in the background. still not sure she's actually seeing this.
Last edited by Buster on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"W-W-Well, we can't take chances. If something does g-g-go wrong, I ne-e-e-need to be able to-o-o keep and eye on her. We need to convince h-h-her to come to the Beacon. At least u-u-until I can get back here in better condition." He informed Talya.
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"But..." Jaken looked down at what he was wearing, a rather dirty pair of shorts that comprised his entire wardrobe. "I'm already in shorts," he protested, still letting Rika lead him to the end of the queue that the others were at the head of. At least he still wouldn't have to pay...
Rika looked down at Jaken's shorts and rolled her eyes, then knelt down to his level. "Yes, but you need special, clean, ones to swim." She stated in a low tone. "When we go back to the Beacon I'll get you some new proper clothing.. And a proper wash." She added, having to turn her head away from him slightly at the last part.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Celicans don't wear much clothes," Jaken said brightly. "Just shorts for tods and an open, um, sleeveless, open shi...shirt For Vixens shorts and a half shirt. Cheap to buy for," he added, grinning up at Rika. He even had a little twinkle in his eye.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt shrugged. ”You look fine. Ultimately, it’s just a piece of clothing.” He said, before grabbing a map from a nearby stand and looking it over. ”So I think we agreed on the rapids right? That has an entrance just a little walk over that way.” He pointed in a westwards direction, and indeed, if you looked closely, you could see a stack of tubes standing right next to a set of stairs leading into the water.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

submerged a few meters down, Kobor finally manages to pull whoever was on his back off, hauling them out in front of himself to get a better look at whoever or whatever it is.

"Hi dad." the stranger says, clear as day through the water even though an air breather shouldn't be able to speak coherently down here. she's also waving and giving a very sharky grin. double rows of serrated triangular teeth are pretty hard not to recognize, nor are the gills on the sides of her ribcage that pulse open and closed with every breath.

this was... but... how...

Now it's Kobor's turn to lock up.

Back on the surface a minute or two after that exchange, Talya and hivemind's conversation is interrupted by Junior surfacing carrying a babbling Kobor. at first she seems to have no trouble with it, despite their massive size difference, Junior only being 144cm tall, but the starts to struggle when she no longer has the water's buoyancy to help, and eventually resorts to dragging him. which she gives up on rather quickly due to becoming winded alarmingly fast.

"Um... *huff* Auntie? *huff* I think I *huff* broke him..."
"HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DEVELOPED ENOUGH TO FORM COHERENT WORDS TWELVE HOURS EARLY?!"

Startled, Junior just makes a 'meep' sound and darts over to Randy, hiding behind him, panting even harder now due to the exertion of running.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Ah... I guess tha' word don't translate well." Gear said, looking at Kol and trying to figure out a way to describe a library. "A library is a place where information is recorded. Books are what tha' information is recorded in." He explained.

------------------------------

Utterly confused, Randy just stood there, looking at Junior hiding behind him while Morgan snickered. "Uh..."

"I-I-I-It's alright, Randy. An-n-n-nd you, Junior, r-r-right? There is somewhere I n-n-need to go, and-and I can't leave you h-h-here without being around t-t-to observe and ensure your r-r-rapid development doesn't cause pr-r-r-r-r... problems." The droid's speech was getting more and more broken and robotic, sometimes even breaking into static. The simple patch job the swarm bot was doing wouldn't last much longer. "W-w-will you ple-please follow-follow me, a-a-a-a-a-a-..." it pointed it's arm at Junior, Kobor, and Talya. "All-l-l-l-l-l three of you."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hmm," Ulrich thought, "Maybe we could go to the aquarium? Kill a little time before lunch time. Plus, I do not think I have been to an aquarium since I was younger and it might be a good starting point to learning about Earth. I do not know if you have been here before but it is a very beautiful place."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Wait, recorded in? not recorded on? writing material are rigid, how would you record anywhere but the surface?" that just seems to have confused Kol more. "Are we talking about the same thing? Etching words into a thing with a [Tool. knife/paintbrush?] right?"

"and... more strange words..." she states when Ulrich speaks up, aquarium being a new one.

- - - - -

"who are..." Junior begins, before going rigid and stating "I Don't Know you."

I'd call what Talya's doing hyperventilating, but it sounds more like a cooling fan stuck in overdrive. It's like feeding a computer nothing but paradoxes the data doesn't compute and after a while it just cant cope. she's probably going to be twitchy till someone has an answer.

Kobor's the one who speaks up first. back on his... not-feet... Tentacles? That expression doesn't work with cephalopods. Apparently he's better at dealing with a shock efficiently than his sister. "Right. No imprint... only the three of us were here when that would have happened, she isn't going to recognize anyone else, sir."

Moving over to Junior, Kobor puts one of his larger tendrils across her shoulders, "Hey, kiddo... Relax, okay? They're friends. you can trust them."

"Oh... Okay..."

Kobor and Junior move to follow hivemind, before he notices somebody's still sitting there. waddling over and hitting Talya's manual release, the repair sequence stops and the pilot hatch opens allowing Kobor to climb in.

"Of course you've locked yourself in diagnostic mode... You're not crazy, even if you were, you can't self diagnose that." you can hear him mumble as he starts Controlling Talya from within, and follows along again.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Celicans don't wear much clothes," Jaken said brightly. "Just shorts for tods and an open, um, sleeveless, open shi...shirt. For Vixens shorts and a half shirt. Cheap to buy for," he added, grinning up at Rika. He even had a little twinkle in his eye.
Rika stood up and smiled back. "Well that's perfect." She said happily. "I don't wear much either, I'm usually just in something like this or anything that doesn't cover my fur." She gestured to herself at the word 'this', and her arms as she mentioned fur. "I just get itchy if I cover it, so I just don't.."

It wasn't long before the two reached the front of the queue. Rika picked out a pair of bright-red kids shorts for Jaken, and a lilac backless one-piece for herself. She showed Jaken into the male changing room before heading into the female, getting changed quickly and packing her things away (except her belt-bag, which she kept on and was waterproof.) in the closet next to Jenny's. (Not that she knew that.) When she was done, she waited for Jaken.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You shouldn't need many," Jaken affirmed, unaware of the compliment he was giving, "Celicans think beauty is not to be hid! But only mates, family and medicalists should see all. That is why the shorts." He checked out the shorts she'd selected. They seemed about right. He was about to switch into them when she mentioned about the rooms and pointed out the signs. Jaken wondered what was triangular about female private areas but didn't ask. He merely went in, under the gaze of a few human boycubs and tod adults and did as Rika had instructed. He also took the time to wash his hand paws and lament the loss of his black fur again. If he'd not landed in the black to white permanent dye vat... But it could have been worse. He could have landed in the Orange to green one...

After a few moments of primping and washing that left behind a dirty sink and gave him a faint carbolic smell to mix with his other scents, Jaken returned to the outside and asked Rika if they could have food first. Or ride the log ride that was going way up high.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny agreed and walked beside Kolt to the ride, occasionally letting her right handpaws' little finger brush against his adjacent one, just to see if that meant anything.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

¨A Natural Portal in a Dumpster. Incredible....¨ Jolty murmured to, hauling his raggedy body out of the waste bin, brushing off as much junk as possible. Though.....this does remind me of that one time with that dog couple I met....real nice folks. But now was not the time to be focusing on times gone by. What nightmarish realm had he transcended into the time? His imagination beginning to run free, he slipped his A-17 Jupiter-Yukon Rifle from his back, and peeked around the corner, expecting the worst.....

Only to find himself standing behind a snack shack for a theme park.

Jolty practically collapsed in relief. Had he found a safe haven? Reshouldering his rifle, he began to walk around for a few minutes. People of all species where there, talking, having fun. It took him a while to click why they where all staring at him. He was used to gritty fighting, just barely making out alive, and dangerous underground places. His outfit had been designed to make him look inconspicuous (rather easy if you are under 5 feet tall.) But here? He looked out of place, odd. People looked scared of him. He sighed, and walked over to an empty bench. He needed to take a breather. How long had it been since he´d slept? 52 hours, around....His eyes lidded shut, and he fell asleep on contact the the bench.
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You shouldn't need many," Jaken affirmed, unaware of the compliment he was giving, "Celicans think beauty is not to be hid! But only mates, family and medicalists should see all. That is why the shorts." He checked out the shorts she'd selected. They seemed about right. He was about to switch into them when she mentioned about the rooms and pointed out the signs. Jaken wondered what was triangular about female private areas but didn't ask. He merely went in, under the gaze of a few human boycubs and tod adults and did as Rika had instructed. He also took the time to wash his hand paws and lament the loss of his black fur again. If he'd not landed in the black to white permanent dye vat... But it could have been worse. He could have landed in the Orange to green one...

After a few moments of primping and washing that left behind a dirty sink and gave him a faint carbolic smell to mix with his other scents, Jaken returned to the outside and asked Rika if they could have food first. Or ride the log ride that was going way up high.
Rika smiled as Jaken returned, happy to see he did try to clean up. An emphasis on the word 'try'. There were still spots of dirt she could see, but they were small enough that it wouldn't warrant concern. "Well there is an old human saying that "you shouldn't eat before swimming", but in my experience that's never been the case. Let's see.." She said simply, surveying the area. "Ah, there!" She called out, pointing to a small hut-like building with a sign on the roof that said 'Snack Shack'.

Rika started off toward it..
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt didn’t react when Jenny rubbed her hand against his ring finger, suggesting that in his culture the ring went on a different finger, assuming rings even had the same connotations as they did on Earth. He walked over to the entrance to the rapids and grabbed a two-seater tube. ”You want the front or back?” He asked, holding the tube up lengthwise.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'd better go in front," Jenny decided playfully. "Sat behind you, I'd be too busy looking at the back of your head." Just when he looked like he was going to say something she added "you're taller than me!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After checking - again - that his thin gloves hadn't fallen out of these new shorts, Jaken looked over the supply of snacks and things the shack had. He made the choice of two meat sandwiches, packet of crisps and a white chocolate and peanut butter bar.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a thumbs up, "Sounds good to me. You know, I've never actually taken time to really appreciate the worlds I visit. Usually too focused on the job at hand." She looked out to the ocean, "In fact, that was my first time 'swimming'... Stupid mech."
dusk

Post by dusk »

At the sound of approaching footsteps, Jolty's eyes snapped awake, and he flew of the bench into a defensive position, the fur on his body standing on end. At the sight of it only being a completely non-threatening, albiet probably terrified creature, he lowered his fists, and shuffled his feet, awkwardly. "I-I uh....sorry...I'm a bit jumpy. His stomach growled, and he grinned as much as he could. "Hungry too, I suppose."

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Wait, recorded in? not recorded on? writing material are rigid, how would you record anywhere but the surface?" that just seems to have confused Kol more. "Are we talking about the same thing? Etching words into a thing with a [Tool. knife/paintbrush?] right?"

"and... more strange words..." she states when Ulrich speaks up, aquarium being a new one.
Luke was surprised by Kol's lack of knowledge about this. Seeing her armor, and not knowing Hivemind gave it to her, she looked like she was from a space-age planet. "Uh, no. I don' know how it is on yer world, but here it's stored in things like this." He pulled out a data pad and turned it on, pulling up a book he had stored on it. He showed the screen to Kol as he flipped through the virtual pages. "Used to be most books were stored in actual books. Thick bunches a' thin sheets with writing on them. Still got some a' those in the library."

----------------------------
Buster wrote:"who are..." Junior begins, before going rigid and stating "I Don't Know you."

I'd call what Talya's doing hyperventilating, but it sounds more like a cooling fan stuck in overdrive. It's like feeding a computer nothing but paradoxes the data doesn't compute and after a while it just cant cope. she's probably going to be twitchy till someone has an answer.

Kobor's the one who speaks up first. back on his... not-feet... Tentacles? That expression doesn't work with cephalopods. Apparently he's better at dealing with a shock efficiently than his sister. "Right. No imprint... only the three of us were here when that would have happened, she isn't going to recognize anyone else, sir."

Moving over to Junior, Kobor puts one of his larger tendrils across her shoulders, "Hey, kiddo... Relax, okay? They're friends. you can trust them."

"Oh... Okay..."

Kobor and Junior move to follow hivemind, before he notices somebody's still sitting there. waddling over and hitting Talya's manual release, the repair sequence stops and the pilot hatch opens allowing Kobor to climb in.

"Of course you've locked yourself in diagnostic mode... You're not crazy, even if you were, you can't self diagnose that." you can hear him mumble as he starts Controlling Talya from within, and follows along again.
Once everyone was ready and standing with him, Hivemind started the sequence in order to generate the portal. Static filled the air until sparks spontaneously generated in an area in front of them. The air began to distort as space itself began to bend. Pretty soon, the portal opened. On the other side was the portal gate room. The hive droid limped through. "C-C-Come on. I don't have-on't have mu-ve much tim-m-m-m-m-me". Once they were through, he would close the portal.

----------------------------

Once they were gone, Morgan turned to Randy. "So. Food, or fun first?" She asked. She was immediately answered by the sound of Randy's stomach growling. She snickered. "Food it is, then." She encased her own hands and legs in ice before doing the same to Randy. She lifted the two of them in the air, flying off toward the snack shack.

Once they got there, they landed at the back of the line, startling some of the people there. Some even ran away upon seeing the Lycan.
"Well that was polite..." Randy mumbled as Morgan thawed them out.
"Pretty sure it's me they're running from." Morgan smiled and waved at Rika and Jaken. Then she saw someone who didn't look like they belonged there It was an anthropomorphic next to a bench, a rifle slung over his shoulder. She was PRETTY SURE he wasn't supposed to have that weapon. Only champions and law enforcement were allowed to carry in Luke's resort. "Excuse me. I don't believe you are supposed to have that here." The armored Tempest stated to Jolty, gesturing at the rifle.
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty looked at this new person. "Uh...sorry..." He mumbles. "Um, would you happen to know where 'here' is?" In his mind, he was quickly thinking. This person looks relatively powerful, probably wisest not to screw with them. I should just find a way out of here, I bet my 20 sided die someone has called security.....

*Russian Intensifies*
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

aaand kol is back in 'ooh! shiny thing!' mode, trying to figure out how he's getting such detailed writings into a device that tiny muttering something about 'more magic lights'...

- - - - -

"Wait... did you just generate a gateway without aperture control rings? how is it containing the displacement field without a physical structure on both sides?" Kobor asked in awe as they walked through. Climbing out of talya and moving to examine the portal generator as soon as they're aboard. and he can get a good look at it.

Junior is still panting, though it's more controlled now.

"It's really dry here..."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded and tapped the outside of his gauntlets, forming a platform next to them, "I know it is not a magic carpet, but it is as close as I can get. Welcome to Earth," he said merrily. As soon as she stepped on they would leave, a world of fish and other sea creatures awaiting them.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty looked at this new person. "Uh...sorry..." He mumbles. "Um, would you happen to know where 'here' is?" In his mind, he was quickly thinking. This person looks relatively powerful, probably wisest not to screw with them. I should just find a way out of here, I bet my 20 sided die someone has called security.....
"You are in a resort in the Bahamas, on Earth." She responds. The Lycan walked over, his arms full of food from the snack shack. He gave Morgan half of it. "Thanks. I have several questions. One, who are you? Two, why are you carrying a gun in a resort? Three, where did you come from? Four, would you like some food?"

-------------------------------------
Buster wrote:aaand kol is back in 'ooh! shiny thing!' mode, trying to figure out how he's getting such detailed writings into a device that tiny muttering something about 'more magic lights'...
Luke isn't sure what to say. He put the data pad away. "Look... Why don't ya just go with yer friends to wherever they're goin'? I've got damage control I need ta get to."

-------------------------------------
Buster wrote:"Wait... did you just generate a gateway without aperture control rings? how is it containing the displacement field without a physical structure on both sides?" Kobor asked in awe as they walked through. Climbing out of talya and moving to examine the portal generator as soon as they're aboard. and he can get a good look at it.

Junior is still panting, though it's more controlled now.

"It's really dry here..."
The broken droid walked up to the door to the room and started punching in numbers on the small screen next to it. "I-I-I did. And I-I-I-It is. W-W-Welcome to me, by the wa-a-a-ay" The door opened to the recycling room. Heavy machinery operated behind a thick window. Bins of armor, circuitry, and pieces of endoskeletons lined the walls along with barrels of oil and other mechanical fluids. "Fe-e-e-el free to-o-o-o use anything in those bi-i-ins to repair yourself, Ta-a-a-a-alya." he said as he walked up to a conveyor belt that looked like it transferred parts to and/or from the recycling machine.
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty paused. Could he trust this person? He looks like a larger version of a wolf...and they where always generally friendly back home....I guess I can attempt to trust him. Jolty sighs, and offers a paw, reaching up as far as he can. "Greetings. My name is Jolty. I have a gun because I was not safe where I was before. Where I was, and where I come from, I refuse to say. That is my business only. And, seens though I have had nothing to eat or drink but my own filtered pee for 72 hours, yes. A snack would be lovely right now." He looks at you, studying you, not sure if he can trust you, or how much you should know.

*Russian Intensifies*
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Jolty-Kun wrote:At the sound of approaching footsteps, Jolty's eyes snapped awake, and he flew of the bench into a defensive position, the fur on his body standing on end. At the sight of it only being a completely non-threatening, albiet probably terrified creature, he lowered his fists, and shuffled his feet, awkwardly. "I-I uh....sorry...I'm a bit jumpy. His stomach growled, and he grinned as much as he could. "Hungry too, I suppose."
Rika was taken aback, holding an arm out toward Jaken to protect him. "S-sorry to startle you.." She said simply, calming down as quickly as the strange cat did. "We'll be going now.."

With that, Rika took Jaken's hand and lead him to the shack..
Welsh Halfwit wrote:After checking - again - that his thin gloves hadn't fallen out of these new shorts, Jaken looked over the supply of snacks and things the shack had. He made the choice of two meat sandwiches, packet of crisps and a white chocolate and peanut butter bar.
Rika got two meat sandwiches also and a vanilla yogurt pot with a plastic spoon.
CyberDragon wrote:..Once they got there, they landed at the back of the line, startling some of the people there. Some even ran away upon seeing the Lycan.
"Well that was polite..." Randy mumbled as Morgan thawed them out.
"Pretty sure it's me they're running from." Morgan smiled and waved at Rika and Jaken.
Rika casually waved back, heading for an empty table and sitting. She then watched as Morgan went over to and started to talk with that strange cat whilst starting on her first sandwich.
Character Reference
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty put his hands in his face, feeling awful and embarrassed about himself. Great, I just scared the cookies out of more innocent people. Real, real good going Jolty. Making a real great impression on these folks. Jolty turned away from the people he had seen asking him questions, and walked off. Finding a fence, he sprung up, and hopped over, disappearing to the other side of it.

*Russian Intensifies*
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Where did the Felis go," Jaken asked as he munched his way through a Ham sandwich. He'd only stopped looking at the other thing for a few seconds and it had gone. Great tracking skills, he told himself mockingly. He raised his voice. "Come back, Felis! We do not hate you!" He realised everyone was looking at him now and sort of shrank into his seat, pretending to be invisible. "Father always said better to have Felis where you can see them," he added in a quieter voice.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jaken saw people, presumably guards based upon how they where dressed, rushing for the fence. "Hey, you! Stop!" One of the got out. Another got out some kind of baton, which appeared to be pulsating with electricity after he flicked a switch on it to the on setting.

Jolty scaled the wall, and dropped to the ground behind it. He heard people calling his "STOP!!!", and shook his head.
"Stars above. I guess this is going to end up being a normal day after all, huh. " He sprung across the well groomed golf course, pulling googles out of his rucksack, and pulling them on. Glasses where protecting on their own, but even dust could get behind them. For high speed runs, Jolty used a pair of googles he'd bought a year or so ago. Some humans, and an alien he didn't recognize screamed as he darted in front of them. He shouted his apologies and looked back-

Only to find himself running directly into a lake. Sonova-

*SPLASH!* Jolty fell into the moat, just as he heard another "splash!" followed by cursing. Another gaurd had presumably attempted to follow him, only to share the same fate. This turned out to be a stroke of luck, and Jolty hauled his wet body from the moat, and took off, another portly guard attempting to catch him, but running poorly.

Just ahead was the exit to the resort! He was so close! C'mon, c'mon almost!-

BZZZZT!

Jolty blacked out as the security droid switched off his stun baton. It took his rifle, and set it next to it. Oddly, the chubby human guard, who had caught up, gasping for breath, noticed that the robot didn't terminate it. The robot turned to the human."Probably best to take this one back. If he's an outlaw, then those Champions or whatever will probably know him.
The guard nodded. "Right. Thank you." The droid handed him the rifle. "Don't destroy it until you know who he is. Don't want a perfectly good citizen mad at us. Besides, this is old. Worth a lot of money." The guard nodded once more, took the weapon, and walked back the the area near the confectioneries, where the rest of the BoH's crew was, and held up the cat, with some struggle, as it was the equivalent of holding up a 4 and a half foot tall kid.

"You folks know this guy?"

*Russian Intensifies*
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a quick nod before carrying the tube into the water. He sat the two-seater down, and climbed into the backseat, gesturing for Jenny to follow. ”Not to be cliche, but the water’s fine.” He said, a joking smirk on his face.