Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think it would be harder to stop her, boss," Jenny advised before indicating to Kol that she should come along. She grimaced as she moved. "Must've pulled something," she muttered.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No...not a problem, Miss," Jaken said, clearly somewhat surprised by the speed at which pill medicine worked. "Um should we go. No. That is not right." He ran it through in his head. "We should go," he said correctly.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Thanks." Talya states, putting the infected animal down and taking a step back.

"I really don't like not having line of sight on the pilot. what if he tries something?" Kobor grumbles annoyed.

the shark is starting to twitch and spasm.

- - - - - - -

Making to follow, Kol notices jenny's momentary shift in stance, walks over to her, snifs, then gingerly pokes a particular spot on her back before showing jenny her hand. there's blood on her claws, and not the orange kind kol has.
Last edited by Buster on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana let out some form of whistling sound as Hivemind said she met his brother, "It's like we got ourselves a guardian angel." Her headlights flashed on for a few seconds, forming happy, if simple looking eyes before flashing off again, "And I got to see 'im first! Ain't I special?" She waited for Ulrich to walk back before speaking, "Nice handling there, though softer verbiage probably would have been preferred. Let's hope none of those camera types try to smear ya for keeping them from juicy tidbits. Don't worry though, I doubt their rumors would go far after all that. More important things and there not being enough dirt and such."

She tilted her head in confusion, "Wait. Didn't Hobo Wizard say we wouldn't be able to go home because of all this?"
Last edited by Neon Icy Wings on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah," Jenny said, now beginning to feel it as it had been identified, "it seems I might need some attention from Rika when we get there, boss. It seems I did pick up an injury. Can't see it, though. It's probably shrapnel." She indicated Kol towards the beach and began to lead her friend down there.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:Tempest took the pill and swallowed it with some water. Immediately, she began to feel considerably better. She could tell the bleeding had stopped and her damaged organs were restored. She could feel her bones, which she was manipulating the surrounding tissue to act as a cast keeping the parts together, healed rapidly. "Oh, that's SO much better." She stood up, making the medic worried. "Everything still hurts, but I'll be fine with a little rest. We should get back to the others." She picked up her helmet and equipment. "Lead on. Oh, and... thanks for the help earlier." She mentioned to Jaken.
Rika looked worried for a second too, a little surprised at how quickly it worked for Morgan. "Erm.. Well I could give you a weaker pill for the pain later, if it persists." She stated, looking her over again. "Other than that.. Yeah, you should be fine."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"No...not a problem, Miss," Jaken said, clearly somewhat surprised by the speed at which pill medicine worked. "Um should we go. No. That is not right." He ran it through in his head. "We should go," he said correctly.
Rika smiled genuinely at Jaken. "Righto, back to the beach! One last portal for us, Jaken? It must tire you out, right?" She asked, seeing him look a little more tired than when she first met him.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"No...not a problem, Miss," Jaken said, clearly somewhat surprised by the speed at which pill medicine worked. "Um should we go. No. That is not right." He ran it through in his head. "We should go," he said correctly.
~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika looked worried for a second too, a little surprised at how quickly it worked for Morgan. "Erm.. Well I could give you a weaker pill for the pain later, if it persists." She stated, looking her over again. "Other than that.. Yeah, you should be fine."

Rika smiled genuinely at Jaken. "Righto, back to the beach! One last portal for us, Jaken? It must tire you out, right?" She asked, seeing him look a little more tired than when she first met him.
Noticing Rika's surprise at how fast the pill worked on her, she started to get a little worried herself. "I've always been an unusually fast healer... There aren't any side effects to these pills, are there?" she asked as she followed the two.

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah," Jenny said, now beginning to feel it as it had been identified, "it seems I might need some attention from Rika when we get there, boss. It seems I did pick up an injury. Can't see it, though. It's probably shrapnel." She indicated Kol towards the beach and began to lead her friend down there.
Wonderful... Hivemind thought sarcastically to himself. "Rika will be getting back soon, and hopefully Tempest will be with her. She can recover some of our lost equipment."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana let out some form of whistling sound as Hivemind said she met his brother, "It's like we got ourselves a guardian angel." Her headlights flashed on for a few seconds, forming happy, if simple looking eyes before flashing off again, "And I got to see 'im first! Ain't I special?" She waited for Ulrich to walk back before speaking, "Nice handling there, though softer verbiage probably would have been preferred. Let's hope none of those camera types try to smear ya for keeping them from juicy tidbits. Don't worry though, I doubt their rumors would go far after all that. More important things and there not being enough dirt and such."

She tilted her head in confusion, "Wait. Didn't Hobo Wizard say we wouldn't be able to go home because of all this?"
Hivemind and gear were about to answer her, but were interrupted by another voice.

"Oho! I did say you were stuck here!" The old blind man was back. He stepped through Ulrich's shield dome with ease. His face was absolutely beaming at everyone as well. If you could imagine the feeling of a warm sweater on a chilly day, the feeling of opening presents on your birthday, and the feeling of spending the holidays with grandparents who spoil you, and condense all of those feelings into a dimpled smile, his was even more pleasant. "At least, stuck in the general cosmic vicinity of Earth." He rubbed his long Santa-beard.

"Who ARE you?!" The swarm droid demanded.

"I thought we established this." He laughed. "I'm Old Wizard Hobo!"

The bug-droid glared at him.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Short range's nuffing really,/color]" Jaken claimed, trying not to look tired in case they needed him to open more portals in a short time. "Longer range hurts worse. And I can climb really well!" he added enthusiastically, not boasting at all. Much. He opened a portal back to the beach and the others. "Who is the chin fur," he asked of Hobo Wizard.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny kept leading Kol home, although she did seem o be leaning a little more on her friend.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:Noticing Rika's surprise at how fast the pill worked on her, she started to get a little worried herself. "I've always been an unusually fast healer... There aren't any side effects to these pills, are there?" she asked as she followed the two.
"Only a couple for the green ones, which is drowsyness and dull pain, not particularly bad." Rika stated nonchalantly. "I'm sure that your metabolism and your power are the only reasons that you healed that fast.. As I said also, that packet was fresh.." She added, holding up her index finger in a 'I told you so' fashion.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Short range's nuffing really," Jaken claimed, trying not to look tired in case they needed him to open more portals in a short time. "Longer range hurts worse. And I can climb really well!" He added enthusiastically, not boasting at all. Much. He opened a portal back to the beach and the others. "Who is the chin fur?" he asked of Hobo Wizard.
Rika stepped through right behind Jaken. "Huh? Him again?" She asked rhetorically, looking questioningly at the old hobo.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken sniffed the air as Jenny got closer and nudged Rika. "Rat is bleeding," he said. "Can smell it from here "
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Noticing Jenny's odd movements, Kol puts an arm around her, under Jenny's own to help hold her up. When they get to the sphere, she raps her claws on the side as if knocking on a door.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Dang it, I love water slides.” Kolt grumbled as he took the offered burn cream and applied it to the burned off nub that was now the end of his tail. ”Can I at least go down some of those tube slides? You know, the kinda where you carry an inner tube up some stairs and then you... wind... up... in.... His words wound up trailing off as he noticed the old man from before standing in front of one of Hivemind’s drones. His fists clenched at sight of the man who led them into that trap, the man who was indirectly responsible for him losing a chunk of his tail, the man who reminded him all too much of what Allsight pretended to be before he was found out. His eyes and hands burst into a purple flame as he rushed the old man, grabbing him by the neck and lifting him up into the air. YOU. You led us into the trap that lost me a chunk of my TAIL!!! You may have fooled some of the others with your old blind sage act, but I’ve been burned before by the same kind of lies, and I refuse to be tricked by them a second time.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich took a step back at Kolts outburst before stepped forward and putting a firm hand on the Concertian's shoulder, "I think maybe you should put him down before you get kicked out of the Champions." The pressure he was applying to Kolts shoulder increased. His tone stayed relatively even, "This is your third outburst and now you are threatening someone who had nothing to do with you losing part of your tail. He did not lead us into anything. Now if I were you, I would let him go."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Instinctively, as he saw Kolt get angry and grab the chinfur human, Jaken shrank back behind Rika and watched wide eyed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”You don’t think it’s the least bit suspicious that he led us to the exact spot where that mech landed, and disappeared less then a minute before it showed up?” Kolt said, looking like he was trying not to roll his eyes. Figures the first one to try to stop him would be the one that bought this guy’s baloney the most. ”Look big guy, you haven’t dealt with this kind of scheme before. This is how it starts. You meet a friendly, if kooky, old man, who offers you advice and comfort. Next thing you know, your secrets are all over national television, and your always going on solo patrols because back at the base it feels like there’s another fight every five minutes and no matter where you go dirty looks are all that follow and you just want it all to end because your friends are fighting and everyone blames each other and-
KOLT! Quint yelled, snapping his partner out of the chain of bad memories.
Kolt shook his head, taking a few deep breaths before looking back at the old man. ”And then you find out that the man you trusted, the man you confided in for the past two years.... he behind all of it. It’s his fault you’re kept awake by the constant arguments. It’s his fault your friends are fighting, both verbally and physically. It’s his fault everyone looks at you with either hatred or suspicion. And that’s if you find out at all!! Last time this happened, we only found through sheer luck, when a new trigger had the power to pull the missing puzzle pieces out of thin air!” He took a few more deep breaths to calm down before looking back at Ulrich. ”So yeah. Maybe I’m judging this guy preemptively. But I refuse to let the lives of me or anyone else be turned into torture by another villain doing a sage act.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"KOLT! PUT HIM DOWN AT ONCE! THAT'S AN ORDER!" Hivemind was livid. He was seconds away from firing Kolt on the spot.

"It's OK, Sol."

"What... did you just call me?"

The old man gave the swarm droid a gentle smile.

Kolt's hands simply passed through the old man as if he weren't even there, and he dropped to the ground, landing on his feet. The old man sighed. "I was afraid that would be your reaction. Know that the only traps here are the sand traps in the golf course. I simply knew you were both coming for the same person. It was inevitable that you would fight." His sad face turned once more into a beaming smile. "And you fought well! It seems the demon of hate has more to look out for than it's angelic twin." He placed a hand on Kolt's shoulder. It was definitely a solid hand that had an unexpected strength behind it. "I do feel bad that I couldn't tell you what to expect. And I feel bad I can't tell you why. That is why I want to give you something, courtesy of a friend of mine." Kolt would feel a gentle heat pass from the old man's hand, which glowed golden with a flame only he could see. The heat would pass through his body, down his spine, and fill his tail. The tail illuminated with the same painless fire only Kolt could see. They twisted and grew past the burned part of the tail. The flames engulfing the tail absorbed into it while those extending past the burn began to solidify. Soon, Kolt would find his tail at it's full length, and more luxurious than ever. The tip, formed from the mysterious fire, looked like solid gold, but was soft like regular fur. The skin, muscle, and bone in the tail became stronger than the sturdiest armor. Kolt's beloved tail was returned to him.

The old man continued to beam at him. "I hope you like it."

Again, no one but Kolt would see the mystic fire. However, they would see Kolt's tail begin to grow back into it's new, gilded, nigh-indestructible form.

Hivemind, Gear, and Tempest looked on, astonished.
"How..."
Things started to click in Hivemind's head. "You..." he began. He stopped speaking, however, when the old man turned to him, staring at him with unseeing eyes and smiling.

----------------------------------------------

The Lycan looked at the shark nervously. "If the pilot tries anything, Doc'll pin him to the operating table. You mind telling me what to expect with this thing?"
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich sighed, "And at what point did you think it was going to be okay to make assumptions based on previous occurrences that had no bearing on this situation? Kolt, we do not assume the worst just because of past experiences with other people." He crouched down in front of Kolt, lowering his voice, "I would watch your actions. I do not think Hive is too happy with you." He stood and smiled as Kolts tail began to regrow, watching the magic work its wonders. "Now what do we say to our friendly neighborhood Wizard Hobo when he regrows body parts?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana was annoyed by Kolt's actions, "Emotional little guy ain'tcha?" Seeing his tail regrow courtesy of the Hobo Wizard she couldn't help but giggle, "Welcome to the super healing super club. Only yours is less inexplicable than mine!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Now Jaken gaped as Kolts' tail sprang back into being. Almost hypnotised by it he put a hand out to touch it, just to make sure it was real. "A re-tail unit," he breathed.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Upon Kol's proximity to the dome reaching a certain threshold it opens, allowing her entrance.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Short version, any part of us that gets cut off, or any fluids that drain, are infectious. Infected become more of our kind after a few hours. Treatment is only viable during stage one. This thing ate a bit that fell off me, and Tal used it to 'vacuum up' all the blood I lost while we were in the water so nothing else would get infected, since it still communicates as part of me. Hasn't developed it's own identity yet." Kobor explains, with Talya adding in a few details. "Stage one, suppress immune system and render host docile. They're vulnerable to mental commands at that point. Stage two, replicate colony and mutate host into desired shape. Stage 3, feed and assume direct control. And yes, I know how that sounds, I already went over the gory details with Solomon. I actually have an open network connection to him right now. He's been getting a live feed of everything I see and hear since the mech first popped up."

The twitching shark is starting to lengthen, it's fins deforming oddly. also it's... growing fur?

"Hold up, that looks like... Tal do you have any vulpine samples in you? cause he didn't get that from me."
"No... I have the same set you do... I'll ask junior."

"Apparently we weren't the only ones bleeding. He found it in the shark's stomach..."
Talya explains after a pause of a minute or so, sounding confused.

- - - - - - -

Upon entering the dome, bringing jenny with her, Kol offers everyone an entirely unintelligible greeting.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken sniffed the air as Jenny got closer and nudged Rika. "Rat is bleeding," he said. "Can smell it from here "
"Rat? Oh, Jenny!" Rika said, turning to see the aforementioned rat and Kol knocking on the dome she herself had just noticed.
Deske wrote:Upon Kol's proximity to the dome reaching a certain threshold it opens, allowing her entrance.
Buster wrote:Entering the dome, and bringing jenny with her, Kol offers everyone an entirely unintelligible greeting.
"Uh.. Hey? You lost your translator Kol?" Rika asked, stepping over to her. "Nevermind, Just.. Just give me Jenny, I'll look her over." She made a gesture to Kol to hand her over, holding her hands out in front of her palm up and curling her fingers inward repeatedly.

Rika isn't paying attention at all to the events of Kolt and the Hobo behind her.. She seems way more interested in helping Jenny.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ouch," said Jenny, transferring from Kol to Rika. "Guessing its' shrap, Doc, " she said simply. "Oh, look, it's the old wizard again. Unless I'm hallucinating."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika started checking Jenny over, stopping at Jenny's mention of the hobo."Hm? Oh, yeah, him.. It's not a hallucination." She stated flatly, finding the shrapnel in her back. "Hmm.. I'm going to have to remove this the old-fashioned way. Brace for pain, Jenny!" With that, she quickly grabbed and pulled the debris free from the rat. "Good, it didn't hit an artery.. Now hold your hand out flat." She instructed, opening a capsule in her free hand then shaking it to get a pill onto Jenny's hand. "There, now down the hatch.." She said finally, waiting for the pill to take effect before letting Jenny stand by herself.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny accepted the pill and swallowed it. To say it worked immediately would have somewhat over described it but it quickly began to have an effect, giving her strength to stand whilst knitting the wound back together. "Thanks for remembering the red ones explode," she said, not meaning it harshly. "So what's wonder whiskers predicting now?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken looked at the sharp metal with the blood on it and thought about soup. But he decided against tasting it. Somehow he figured no-one would appreciate that.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt stared at the old man as he monologged his apology or whatever he was going on about. Kolt didn’t trust him, and while he didn’t know enough about the hobo’s intangiblity powers to properly fight him, he still wasn’t going to let the man get whatever he wanted out of them team. He tensed up when the man grabbed his shoulder, and was about to force it off until he noticed the odd feeling around his tail stump. He turned to look at it, and his jaw dropped as he saw his tail regrow before eyes. As soon as the man let go, he collapsed onto the ground, holding the new golden tip so close to his face the fur was practically touching his eyes. He didn’t hear Tatiana welcome him to the “Super Healing Club,” nor did he hear Ulrich’s rather condescendingly worded insistence that Kolt apologize. He was too busy using all five of his senses to compare the new and old sections of his tail. He felt for any differences in the feel of the fur, compared the way it sounded when he brushed his fingers through it, he even compared the way the two segments smelled and tasted. And, color differences aside, it all seemed the same. Except for one thing. ”It feels a lot firmer.” Kolt said, looking up at the old man. ”When I press on the old section, the flesh gives a lot more easily than when I press on the new section. Like, if the old bits feel like a feather pillow, then the new bits feel like one of those pillows where it’s just a solid pad that hurts your neck when you sleep on it.”

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Just to test, Jaken poked Kolts' tail twice; once at either end. It did seem different. "Iron tail," he said with slight reverence, naming the hero of one of his favourite, eponymous named, comic books.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol makes a comment that sounds confused... or tired... or... hungry? it's hard to tell which at the moment.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

The old man continued to beam at Kolt with his Santa-like smile and a twinkle in his eye. "That is an interesting phenomenon, isn't it?" His tone changed to be more serious. "The new section will soften with time, but the entire tail has received this gift. You were so miserable when you lost it, and I hated seeing you so angry. This gift will not be easily destroyed. The sharpest blades will shatter against it. But be warned, it is a privilege, not a right, to have it. Should you succumb to hate, or should you mistreat it, it will go away. So be wary of your temper, Kolt." Once again, the old man smiled. "I hope you like it!"

------------------------------

"As a lycan, I have a lot of knowledge of messy details and disturbing implications." The Lycan said as he watched the transformation. "We're carnivores that developed the ability to hide among humans, match them in intelligence, and we have a paralytic venom that induces fear-based hallucinations while keeping the bitten in a totally immobile state, unable to even scream. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what Lycans were like in ancient times. There hasn't been a lycan attack in a millennium and a half, but there are still small groups that try to hunt me."

------------------------------

"Morgan, would you please try to find Kol's translator?"
"On it." Tempest dove into the water and shot off to where the wreck was.
-Champion Motto

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt watched as Jaken touched his tail, willing to indulge the kids curiosity. ”’Iron Tail.’ I think there’s a cape on my planet who has that name. Some Anjun guy whose tail has all sorts of weird powers.” He said, before gently pushing the kids hand away from his tail and standing up. ”So, I have three questions.” He said, looking straight at the old man. ”One. What qualifies “succumbing to hate?” If we encounter that Heartless ripoff again, and it pulls some sort of mind voodoo on me, am I going to lose my tail? In a similar vain, two. What qualifies “mistreating my tail?” If I try to test your claim about blades shattering, or if I accidentally step on it, which believe me, I do, is that gold bit just going to fall off? And finally, who are you?!? Your monologue from earlier implied you either are or worship that things counterpart, and going by those power classifications I could never get a grip on, you’re..” He paused, doing some weird motion with his fingers as he tried to remember all the terms Mythos tried to get him to memorize. ”I’m thinking Breaker 3, Trump 8? I don’t know, Mycroft was always better at this than me. Anyways, the point is, you have power, and you’ve given us nothing about who you are, or where you came from. You have to admit, that’s a little concerning.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"No, no." The old man laughed. "Nothing as trivial as stepping on it. I mean if you grow arrogant about it. Prideful of it. If you forget that it is a gift. That is abusing it. As for Odium..." His face grew serious and firm. "Do not underestimate it. The demon of hate is as old as time and has terrorized the entire universe and every universe known since the existence of the mind. It is hatred. As long as there is a single thing you hate, you are vulnerable to it. Steel your mind, Kolt. And most of all, learn to forgive. Rid yourself of hatred, and Odium cannot touch you." His gentle demeanor returned. "As for who I am, if you can't guess, I shan't tell. Sorry."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Apparently I have to work on forgiveness too," Jenny admitted bitterly. "It's quite something to be told that by the spirit of all hatred in an apologetic tone," she added without humour., "but I can work on that if you can, Kolt?"
------------------------------------------------------------------
"The bite of justice," Jaken said, using the catchphrase of the comic hero before simulating a bite and showing his teeth weren't exactly in optimum condition.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny accepted the pill and swallowed it. To say it worked immediately would have somewhat over described it but it quickly began to have an effect, giving her strength to stand whilst knitting the wound back together. "Thanks for remembering the red ones explode," she said, not meaning it harshly. "So what's wonder whiskers predicting now?"
Rika gave the hobo the same glare she did earlier. "Don't rightly know, Don't particularly care.. I'm not one to judge, but there's something.. Off with him.." She said simply. "..It's also not my problem. I heal the hurt, I don't deal with psychics or wizards.. Unless they're the ones hurt.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I will make a short statement for now," the Prime Minister said to the assembled vultures of the press. There were more reporters here than on the islands, surely? Certainly more than had covered his election victory three years ago. "Precisely one hour ago, we were made aware of an unidentified supermecha entering our territorial waters." He blinked and put a hand up to protect his eyes from the sun. "The HMBS Bahaman intercepted the intruder and, when it was identified as hostile, engaged." He paused. "I am sad to say that stopping the attacker was beyond the capabilities of the fine ship but a new team of the Champions, in town on another matter, came to the rescue. 47 of our finest sailors owe their lives to those heroes and their abilities this day. The team currently wishes privacy as they are treating their own wounded from the battle, which they deliberately kept at sea to avoid the possibility of harm coming to bystanders. As i say, we shall let them have their peace for now. Further statements will follow during the day. Thank you." He turned aside as the press began firing questions. Questions to which the Police Chief had no answer but that was fine. He wasn't going to answer anyway. He moved the press along as the Prime Minister considered there was no reason to admit that the intruder had been targeting the heroes and everyone else had just been in the way. "I have spoken with the press," he said, standing at one of Ulrich's forcefields. "I would speak with you when you get the chance, Mr Hivemind."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Oh, so that thing is called Odium. That’s actually a lot more creative a name than I thought it’d give itself. I was expecting that it’d call itself stupid like ‘Blackheart,’ or ‘Negadeity,’ something that sounds like it came from the type of kids show that’s made on the budget of a ham sandwich.” Kolt said, trying to help himself get over the concept of an evil god being real by constantly mocking it. His amusement turned to frustration though, when the old man continued to refuse to tell them who he was. ”Aw come on, you can’t even give us a name? I can’t just keep calling you ‘Hobomancer’ in my head. Actually, forget the name, can you at least tell me if I was close with you either being or worshiping that things counterpart? Can’t you at LEAST tell me that?”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny put a hand on Kolt's shoulder and gave him a warm smile. "\don't beg, handsome," she said, "Just accept he's one of those enigmatic 'helper' types who never explain themselves unless they decide to betray you."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"fair point."

"This is going to take a couple of hours, and I need to affect repairs anyway." Talya comments, sitting down and kicking kobor out. "Don't go far." it's going a lot slower considering the only raw material in range is sand.
this time around, since her interior is fully exposed, you can actually see the tiny arm the fabricator is mounted on moving around inside her superstructure.

"I'm not going anywhere." he states taking the autocannon and slinging the drum across his back. he's actually holding the canon under himself, dead center, supported by the six shorter (1m) tendrils.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Apparently I have to work on forgiveness too," Jenny admitted bitterly. "It's quite something to be told that by the spirit of all hatred in an apologetic tone," she added without humour., "but I can work on that if you can, Kolt?"
"Oh Reeeeaaaaallllyyy?" The old man said with a grin on his face like one you get when you find out something embarrassing about someone you don't like. The grin you get when you know your going to use said embarrassing information to tease said person mercilessly. "Isn't that fascinating? Actually it makes more sense than you know. Odium is YOUR hatred. It doesn't feel it itself. It's goal is to spread like a virus. Infest as many people as possible. Corrupt one person and use said person to do horrible things" His face grew serious. "The dead don't hate. It's goal is not to kill you, but to make you hate. It kills because in doing so, it makes the world hate whatever it is acting through. Kill ten, and thousands start to hate over it. That is Odium's goal."
Legotron123 wrote:”Oh, so that thing is called Odium. That’s actually a lot more creative a name than I thought it’d give itself. I was expecting that it’d call itself stupid like ‘Blackheart,’ or ‘Negadeity,’ something that sounds like it came from the type of kids show that’s made on the budget of a ham sandwich.” Kolt said, trying to help himself get over the concept of an evil god being real by constantly mocking it. His amusement turned to frustration though, when the old man continued to refuse to tell them who he was. ”Aw come on, you can’t even give us a name? I can’t just keep calling you ‘Hobomancer’ in my head. Actually, forget the name, can you at least tell me if I was close with you either being or worshiping that things counterpart? Can’t you at LEAST tell me that?”
His face once again grew soft. He shrugged. "Odium is what it is. Odium is hatred in latin. The aspects are named what they are. Call it Odium, Hatred, Spite, it is all synonymous. The entity I follow, worship is too strong a word, is named Diligitis, or love, or compassion. Diligitis is Odium's twin, counterpart, and incompatible opposite. So yes, you were close."

-----------------------------

"A couple hours? I don't know if I can hide you in one spot for a couple hours. I'll need to set some things up so that a passing boat doesn't see a shark turn into furry Cthulhu." He pulled some devices from his utility belt and got to work setting up countermeasures to ensure nobody saw them.

Tempest emerged from the water after a couple of minutes carrying Kol's staff in one hand and axes in the other. She had Kol's helmet under her arm and was dragging a bubble of water behind her. Floating in it was the broken remains of the LSHD that Hivemind was using before. She placed the broken robot in front of Hivemind before carrying Kol's equipment over to her. "Here you go, Kol. The translator in the helmet should still work." She handed her the staff, axes, and helmet.

The swarm droid inspected the broken security droid. "I wonder if I could..." The bug-like droid flew into a hole in the destroyed outer armor. The security droid began to rattle and shake and twitch. The lights in its eyes turned on and the droid stumbled to it's feet. It looked like something out of a horror movie. The armor plating was shattered, exposing the robotic innards and exoskeleton in places. The entire thing was waterlogged and sea water still drained out of the holes in the outer shell. Sections of the exposed wires were sparking. Half of the robot's face had broken off, leaving nothing but a metal skull showing. "I-I-I Think-Think T-This mi-i-ght..." He took his remaining arm and punched a broken component on his neck back into place. "That's better." His voice was rough and a had some static in it. The security droid limped over to the edge of the wall as if it were a puppet, having it's strings pulled by something. When it got to the wall, it opened up and he was able to address the Prime Minister.
"I'm sorry I have to speak to you in this state, but I feel if any of the press are still watching it is better for them to see you speaking with what looks like an injured android than what looks like an insect."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich smiled, "I am beginning to think I know who you are. Though I do not think I can see your reasons for hiding it. But who am I to question them?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"And I apologise again for my humour earlier, sir," the Prime Minister announced, holding out a hand. "I was on the way here to seek a 'first contact' situation with our visitor. That has not changed but I think we would be better suited to do it under the auspices of an official reception, yes?"
---------------------------------------------------
"Is there anything to eat, Miss Rika," Jaken asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika turned to Jaken after watching hivemind puppet his broken droid. That's something she didn't know he could do.. "Ah.. I think I have a few snack-bars in my bag for malnourished patients and the like. Let me see.." She said to him taking off her bag this time to rummage through the pockets. "..Hmm, I know I have some.. Ah!" She pulled out seven oatmeal bars, holding one out to the foxboy. "They're not particularly tasty, but they'll stop you being hungry for a bit. I'm sure we'll be able to find someplace to eat properly later.." She stated, smiling lightly. After Jaken takes one, Rika holds them out for anyone else who wants one before having one herself. ..If any are left.
Character Reference