Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

~\Rook/~

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:In his tube, Jaken relaxed somewhat, letting his fingerclaws slice the top of the water as he lay backwards, his underside exposed to the sun in a way he hadn't really allowed for months. It was not good to let your guard senses down when you were being prey or trying to avoid humans with uniforms but he felt he could now and he let his tongue lol slightly from his mouth. "Cannot say I do not agree," he said languidly as he bobbed down the river, getting his tail wet.
Rika looked over to Jaken. "Hey, Jaken?" She started. "I never asked how old you are, did I? I know you're still young, but I can't quite tell your age.." She shifted herself to more of a seated position, the movement causing the tube to rotate on the spot. "I only ask because it's just occurred to me I don't know that.." She added, keeping her eyes on Jaken as her body rotated.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

A bonk brought a snuh? and Jaken blinked himself awake as his dingy thingy nudged a wall and adjusted course. As he'd almost drifted off in more ways than one it only took a second to recall what was going on and look around. It seemed he wasn't as intimidating as the Mr Randy as there were Humes there pointing cameras at him and Miss Rika. At first he was annoyed but that passed quickly. Celicans like to be proud of their bodies and this was probably the human was of acknowledging that he had a better body than they did and the same for Miss Rika. So he lay back and posed for the cameras. He looked over to Miss Rika when she asked the question. "um, eleven, Miss Rika," he said pleasantly, "Pretty sure'n it's the same here. 370 days a year?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, I'm gonna regret this," Jenny half laughed as they kept going up...
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty nods. "Right. When he arrives, I hope he has the time to speak to me." At Morgan's offer to join them at the waterpark, he blushes a little. "I-I-I...uh...s-sure? I haven't gone swimming in a while, so why not. But, uh....Is there a place I could set my things? It's all I've got, but I don't exactly want it stolen."
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika noticed the cameras too, but tried to ignore them. The clicks and flashes annoyed her, but she kept her cool. "I believe it's more around 365 days here, I'm not sure though.. My dad could tell you, he's human and lived in Australia before he met my mother." She replied, which made some of the people with the cameras murmur to each-other. "Eleven, huh? I guessed you were older than ten at least.. How many years were you here? On Earth, I mean.. And before you ask, I'm twenty-seven. All spent on the Beacon.. Well until now, that is.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken put himself onto his side facing Rika and propped himself up on an elbow. "You do not look that old," he said gallantly. "Oh Earth? About three moons now. Hid in ship for six weeks to get here." He sighed. "Ran out of running places on Celica after a near year. Hunters were getting too close."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty disappears into the crowd of people, coming back a few minutes later with a key. "I rented a locker" he mumbles to Morgan as he passes her. Going over to the lockers, he finds the one with the number corresponding to his key, and inserts it. There's a click, and the rusty hinges swing open. He removes his coat, rucksack, and finally his sweater, stuffing them in the locker. After rummaging for a few seconds, he pulls out a black tank-top, and slips it on, but not before you might notice he has bandages wrapped on his chest area. Smoothing it out, he pulls out another thing: A dark blue collar of some kind. It's really badly damaged, and looks like it has been stitched together in several places. He puts it on gazing at it for a few long seconds, before approaching Morgan again. "Alright. I am ready, I suppose. Are you set to go, I have no idea where I am going." On the blue collar, you might notice, there are two chains, one of them has a yin-yang symbol on it. The other chain appears to be snapped off, missing whatever was on it.

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich nodded, "That is pretty crazy," he said to the both of them, "Though it was probably just as normal for you as Earth was for me. Makes me excited to see more planets though, not that I am tired of Earth. It is just that the opportunity has come to travel to more than just another country." He gently guided the platform down once they had begun to near the aquarium. With a gentle thump the platform landed on the ground. It faded into nothing, slowly lowering them to the ground. "We're here!" He excitedly stated the obvious.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a quick nod as he guided the tube into the pathway. As the water current slowly pushed them towards the conveyor belt, he couldn’t help but notice the long line of tubes that extended towards the top of the tower. ”Uh oh. I think we’re going to be here a while.” He said, not looking forward to the wait ahead. He tried to think of a conversation topic to help pass the time. ”Oh, I just remembered! You said you wanted to learn more about my planets culture, but you never had a chance to answer any questions. Anything in particular you want to know?”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," jenny thought simply, "I suppose that, to be diplomatic, the best way to start is with the things I shouldn't do? The, uh, Faux pas you've noticed others make around the ship?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty disappears into the crowd of people, coming back a few minutes later with a key. "I rented a locker" he mumbles to Morgan as he passes her. Going over to the lockers, he finds the one with the number corresponding to his key, and inserts it. There's a click, and the rusty hinges swing open. He removes his coat, rucksack, and finally his sweater, stuffing them in the locker. After rummaging for a few seconds, he pulls out a black tank-top, and slips it on, but not before you might notice he has bandages wrapped on his chest area. Smoothing it out, he pulls out another thing: A dark blue collar of some kind. It's really badly damaged, and looks like it has been stitched together in several places. He puts it on gazing at it for a few long seconds, before approaching Morgan again. "Alright. I am ready, I suppose. Are you set to go, I have no idea where I am going." On the blue collar, you might notice, there are two chains, one of them has a yin-yang symbol on it. The other chain appears to be snapped off, missing whatever was on it.
Morgan noticed the collar and thought it was odd. Collars were a sign of ownership that pets had. The implications of a sentient being having one were... uncomfortable. Though it looked like it was important to Jolty, so she didn't say anything about it. "All right, then. Let's get going! To the water park!" She pointed forward and into the air at nothing in particular and led Randy and Jolty to the water park.

On the way, Randy stopped and bought some swim trunks from a shop at the entrance to the park. He paid the man, who was one of the first people not to cower in fear of The Lycan, ("Actually it's rats that scare me. After the one that I saw here earlier, I feel like nothing can scare me now.") And then they continued on. When they got to the water park, Morgan asked "Alright, where do you all want to go first? They have water slides, wave pools, regular pools, and I think Rika and Jaken said something about a Lazy River? I'm feeling a little sore... That might be relaxing."

"Ah... just as long as the water isn't too deep, I'm fine." Randy mentioned, thinking of earlier when the mech knocked him in the ocean and he received a real-life reminder that he was too dense to swim. Though, he figured, as long as Morgan was there to keep him afloat, he would be fine.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Okay..." Kol states, stepping off just before the platform vanishes, "You still haven't told me what an aquarium is though."

she's also getting a lot of odd looks due to walking around armed and in a banged up armored environmental suit...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich shrugged, "Ah. You never asked. You just said the word was strange. You see, when there is not a direct translation for a word in your language it gives us the closest thing or a short description of it. Maybe it does not happen in reverse. I thought it would become more obvious after we were talking about fish so long, but I guess not." He gestured grandly to the doors of the aquarium, "An aquarium is a place to go and look at fish that you would not see every day. Fish from lands far from here. Not all fish, but example of some are kept here." He walked towards the door and pulled one open, motioning for them to enter.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken put himself onto his side facing Rika and propped himself up on an elbow. "You do not look that old," he said gallantly. "Oh Earth? About three moons now. Hid in ship for six weeks to get here." He sighed. "Ran out of running places on Celica after a near year. Hunters were getting too close."
Rika looked worried after he said hunters. This was the third or fourth time he has mentioned them, yet whenever he did he seemed pained about it. "..Why were you being chased by these 'hunters' in the first place?" She asked. "Is it because of.. Your power?" She added lowly, not wanting anyone nearby to hear. Thankfully, the people with the cameras earlier had all moved on somewhere else, and nobody was close to them in the river.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken sighed. The whisker wizard had said he could trust them and he supposed he did. A bit or a lot. One or the other. "Got them when running," he said. "Ran through fathers' lab after hunters came to the house.
Not just dye in there. Other stuff too. Lab burned around. Escaped Hunters as they could not get through fire.
" He looked pained, even as he floated down the river. "Father did something secret for big government type. They want it to stay secret."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty adjusted his glasses, sighing. "I haven't been somewhere warm in almost 8 months.....Hence the getup suited for cold weather." He sighs again, enjoying the sunshine. "It feels rather nice. I'd like to go to the lazy river, or whatever they call it here. It'd be nice to relax for a few minutes, at least." He smiles, the sunshine warming his fur, and...begins to purr? This startled Jolty. He didn't have much to be happy about these days, but this was one of the best things he'd done in years. Absently toying with his collar, he stretched, his bones popping, and his muscles rippling under his skin and fur. His tail absently swished side to side, not in an impatient way, but in a pleasant way.

*Russian Intensifies*
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"hearing "entertainment structure, no analogous concept" surrounded by it's little error beeps explains about as much as "belif, no analogous concept" did when the others were talking about 'souls' earlier. that being nothing." Kol deadpans, rolling her eyes "also I just figured you started talking about food because you were hungry."

Following along behind Ulrich, Kol listened to his explanation. A little confused at first as she didn't really see the point in keeping food to not eat it. Needing to remind herself, again, that it wasn't as scarce here.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dusk

Post by dusk »

The longer Jolty walked, the hotter he felt. "Holy Stars. I did not expect it to be this hot. I am looking forward to this.
How are you guys not baking?" I mean, you where in a below freezing environment for almost a full year, so your fur is bound to be thicker than theirs, thus when you enter a extremely hot environment, you are more likely to be heated an hot.

Wait, did I just think that? That was dorky, even for me.

Morgan and Randy might notice the young cat having a private argument with himself, before he sighs, yanks of the dirty tank-top, and throws it in the trashcan, exposing his chest. His face looks slightly red with embarrassment at the bandages he wears. He is however, pretty strong looking.

*Russian Intensifies*
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika took a moment to process what Jaken said. "Hm, well.. I wouldn't think they can find you here, and most especially on the Beacon. You're definitely safe with me, I can assure you that." She said reassuringly. "All-in-all, I hope-" *Snap!* At that moment, one of the shoulder straps on Rika's swimsuit snapped audibly. Luckily, Rika caught the strap before it exposed her. "Oh my! Wow.. I-I just got this! How- Ugh, we're going to have to go back to that swimsuit shop.." She muttered, visibly annoyed and embarrassed. "..I think we can get off anywhere, could you help me? I need to keep hold of this.."
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You is the boss, Doktur Rika," Jaken said, splashing across to help his friend out. Understanding she had her problems with others seeing her body - the parts meant for mates and moms only anyway - he assisted her in getting back to shore, growling at anyone who got too close.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana followed behind Ulirch, "Heh, maybe I'm just not into seafood, cause I didn't get that feel Kol. though I'd also say it's hard to call most of the aquatic life I'm used to appetizing." She entered the aquarium as Ulrich motion her to, "You know this makes me wonder if any of my planets even have aquariums or equivalents. Doubt it. It'd be more like a scare ride."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Once they reached solid ground, Rika pulled herself up and sat on the edge. "Thank you Jaken, sorry about this.." She apologised. "If you want, you can stay in the river while I go change. I won't be long, and you remember where the swimsuit shop is if you need me." With that she got up and headed in the direction the shop was. "Think i'm going to get a two-piece this time.. One size larger.." She murmured to herself as she walked.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken, after a few seconds, pulled himself out of the water and trotted behind Rika. He wasn't sure if he was safer with her but he'd decided she was probably safer with him than without. He gave a wave to Miss Tempest as they passed by.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika avoided eye-contact with Morgan and the others when she saw her, not wanting them to know, oblivious to the fact that Jaken was behind her.

Rika then reached the swimsuit shop, cutting in to a second shorter line than the one before. "Excuse me, I need to trade-in this swimsuit. This strap broke on me!" She said, showing the broken strap. The woman behind the counter leaned over to look at it before nodding. "Alright ma'am, how exactly did it happen?" She asked, a little annoyance in her tone. "I was on the lazy river, and it just snapped out of nowhere! This is my usual size, but it would appear it's too small.." Rika replied, checking over her shoulder at the line behind her. The person at the front of the queue did not look happy. Rika mouthed 'sorry' to them and turned back to the woman. "Hm, well.. I can give you a replacement this one time, but if something happens again you'll have to pay." She says, looking at a sheet of paper in her hand. "Thank you!" Rika shouts in glee. She picks out a white bikini with black edges, metal rings on each side of the hip, the middle of the chest and strong fibre ties. It's also one size larger than her one-piece. "Thanks again!" She says as she heads into the changing room.

Once she's switched out of the one-piece into the new bikini, she checks her things in the locker before heading back to the shop and handing in the broken swimsuit. As she walks it's obvious that her new swimsuit fits her better then the previous one, notably not hugging her like the other did.

As she turns to leave, she notices Jaken. "Oh! Hey.. Were you here the whole time?"
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Well, I’m pretty sure you already know the biggest one, which is don’t mess with the tail. Um, there’s also some stuff about leaving the ears alone, but not to the same degree as the tail. There’s also one other thing, but it’s not something I should mention in public.” Kolt looked almost mortified while talking about the last one. He went silent for a moment, looking ahead to see that they still two thirds of the conveyer belt to go. ”Anyways, any other questions you have? Maybe I could tell you a little bit about the teammates I have back home?”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yeah, sure," Jenny called back cheerily before adding, so Kolt was the only one who would hear, "You can tell me about the other in private some time. Whenever you feel comfortable doing it. Now, tell me of the people I have to live up to. In the best of ways, of course."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course," Jaken said solemnly. "Safer with each other around."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

When they got to the water park, Randy split off from the other two. "I'll be right back." he checked to see if anyone was watching, and when it was clear, he walked into the changing rooms.

He quickly pulled off his clothes and belt and put on the swim trunks he had bought. He tensed up, flexing the tiny muscles under his skin. They pulled his fur back, hiding it. His ears, muzzle, and tail shrank, and his legs adjusted, becoming more human and less digitigrade. Pretty soon, he looked almost completely human. His stiff, mildly untidy black hair on his head was all that showed of his fur. His eyes were still brown with large irises like a canine. Claws still slightly protruded from his fingers, and when he smiled or talked, it would be clear that he still had about ten teeth too many to be human. He rented a locker and put the clothes in.
Jolty-Kun wrote:Jolty adjusted his glasses, sighing. "I haven't been somewhere warm in almost 8 months.....Hence the getup suited for cold weather." He sighs again, enjoying the sunshine. "It feels rather nice. I'd like to go to the lazy river, or whatever they call it here. It'd be nice to relax for a few minutes, at least." He smiles, the sunshine warming his fur, and...begins to purr? This startled Jolty. He didn't have much to be happy about these days, but this was one of the best things he'd done in years. Absently toying with his collar, he stretched, his bones popping, and his muscles rippling under his skin and fur. His tail absently swished side to side, not in an impatient way, but in a pleasant way.
Jolty-Kun wrote:The longer Jolty walked, the hotter he felt. "Holy Stars. I did not expect it to be this hot. I am looking forward to this.
How are you guys not baking?" I mean, you where in a below freezing environment for almost a full year, so your fur is bound to be thicker than theirs, thus when you enter a extremely hot environment, you are more likely to be heated an hot.

Wait, did I just think that? That was dorky, even for me.

Morgan and Randy might notice the young cat having a private argument with himself, before he sighs, yanks of the dirty tank-top, and throws it in the trashcan, exposing his chest. His face looks slightly red with embarrassment at the bandages he wears. He is however, pretty strong looking.
Randy walked out and rejoined the two. It is unlikely Jolty would recognize him. He looked like a human, but seven feet tall. He had the build of a professional athlete with years and years of training. He looked strong and fast despite clearly being middle-aged. "All right, I'm ready to get lazy."

Morgan stuck her tongue out and grinned. "You mean like always?" She turned to Jolty. "Jolty, this is Randy. He's a lycan, so he can make himself look human." She led them all to the lazy river where she waved at Rika and Jaken as they ran past and grabbed three tubes, one for each of them. She handed one to Jolty and then another to Randy, winking. He looked at her funny.

"You just want to see me sink."
"I'll keep you floating." She said, smiling. Before getting into the water however, she pressed a button on the underside of one of her armored plates, and they fell off, leaving Morgan in the dark blue smart-fiber waterproof suit underneath it. She rented a locker and put the plating inside. "Is everyone ready?" She said when she got back.

-------------------------

After a while sitting there in silence, Hivemind spoke up to the three Kaal there. "When you are done eating, we have some time to look around the ship if you wanted to. Or we could go back." He suggested.
Last edited by CyberDragon on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Deliberately going through something frightening is entertaining for you?" Kol asked, a bit of a smile forming as they walked, albeit concealed by her helmet. Letting out one of her strange "laughs", the same kind that she had let out while madly charging into crowds of undead before. "and I thought I was the only one that crazy."

- - - - - - -

Kobor doesn't answer, just lets out a sigh. Apparently not up for much.
Talya is, once again asking for a charger. the morning's insanity having drained her down to her reserves all over again.

June on the other hand, gulps down the last bit of fish in a hurry, and bolts over to the droids. grinning with almost infectious enthusiasm. "That sounds like fun. Lets go explore!"

Talya sighs at that, "one of us should probably keep an eye on her..." she comments, and moves to follow June and hivemind.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," Jaken said solemnly. "Safer with each other around."
Rika smiled lightly and gently ruffled Jaken's headfur. "Well then, I feel safer already! Let's get back to the river, I think Morgan and Randy headed that way.." She said playfully, leading the way back.
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

While one of the hive droids wandered back to man the Public Kitchen and another stayed behind to comfort Kobor, the third led Talya and June out of the food court through the champion headquarters and out onto the streets of the Capitol District. Once again, they found themselves in the large metropolitan city surrounded by state-of-the-art thirty-first century architecture. Large efficient buildings towered around them, self-driving cars ran up and down the streets, and the bullet train ran above them on hardlight rails. The dome shaped ceiling of the district projected it's perfectly simulated perpetual sunny day. The city was even very clean, with robots doing sweeps along the sidewalks to tidy things up.

"Welcome to the Capitol District. This city is the primary hub for transportation, trade, security, and home to the Champion Headquarters, which we just left. It is the largest single district area-wise and contains the most diverse population." Hivemind said, sounding a lot like he had rehearsed this. "There are a number of entertainment facilities here as well. I like to make sure that work and play are well balanced. There is the 'hardlight arcade' which is generally fun. There is the 'Virtual World' that draws in a lot of people as well. Basically, if you think of it, the Capitol District probably has it."

-----------------------

Meanwhile, the droid that stayed behind with Kobor tried comforting him again. "I will fix your ship, Kobor. That is a promise. Tempest will retrieve it from the sea and I will fix it. It might take a few days, but it will be done."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken laughed a short laugh as Rika messed up his headfur. He thought it good that Rika was showing more of her body, as though she was prouder of it but, knowing she didn't like attention brought to it, he chose to mention Jolty instead. "And the Felis," he said, "'pparently they go with water 'round here?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the first question out of June's mouth is "why are so many here wrapped up in cloth? And I'm not? It seems like it should be a normal thing, but Dad didn't do that... and you and auntie are metal plated..."

"i don't think your father counts. I have yet to meet a tailor who has a clue what do do with cephalopod anatomy, to say nothing of mutant cephalopod anatomy."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich let out a short laugh, "I guess it does go both ways!" He followed in after them, picking up a map and looking over it whilst following the conversation, "Yes, going on scary rides or watching scary movies is something done for fun quite a lot. That gives me an idea. Maybe you would like roller coasters. Tall and fast rides that really get the heart pumping. I will have to ask if there are any at the resort as this map," he held up the sheet of paper, "Is only of the aquarium. Now let us see. Maybe we should start at the beginning, with the smaller more colorful fish. But it seems pretty open and less straight than a usual aquarium." He held the map out for them to see, "What looks interesting to you?"
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

"Oh yeah, that cat.. Uh, Jolty right?" Rika replied as she walked. "It was very nice of you to let him have some of your sandwich by the way.."

They reached the lazy river just before the others got in. "Hey there everyone! We're back!" Rika said as she joined the still rather short line, waving lightly.
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:the first question out of June's mouth is "why are so many here wrapped up in cloth? And I'm not? It seems like it should be a normal thing, but Dad didn't do that... and you and auntie are metal plated..."

"i don't think your father counts. I have yet to meet a tailor who has a clue what do do with cephalopod anatomy, to say nothing of mutant cephalopod anatomy."
"Different people wear clothes for different reasons, June. Some like how it looks, some wear them for privacy, some just wear them to fit in." Hivemind responded to June. "As for Kobor, I actually think there is someone in the Oceanic District that can work with cephalopod anatomy. Not sure how he'd handle clothing Kobor though. If you want, June, We can stop by the Oceanic District and see if they have any clothes for you."

------------------------

Morgan waved back at Rika. "Hey, Rika. Hey Jaken. How are you enjoying the water park?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Runners stick together," was Jakens' sole comment on the sandwich situation as they rejoined the line. "Is much better when open," he told the others brightly. "Lots of cameras." He sniffed at Randy. "Yup. That's you."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika nodded to Morgan's question. "It's quite nice, but I've not seen enough of it yet to make a full assessment.." She replied honestly.

The three other people in the line offered for Rika and Jaken to go up front so they could be with their friends. Rika politely accepted and stepped over to the others. "..That's nice of them, isn't it? Anyway! We should get in the water, we can chat more there.." She said, grabbing a new tube.
Character Reference
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt perked up at the opportunity to talk about his team, even if he was the one who suggested it in the first place. ”Oh man, you’d love them! There’s Mythos, who’s the team leader and one of the only Wol-lyks on the team. He’s responsible for most of our tech and.... He paused as he realized something. ”I don’t think I actually told you about the different breeds of Concertian, did I? There’s three of them in total, and I’ve been told they each bare resemblance to a different type of Earth Canine, though I haven’t had a chance to compare any of them myself. There’s Kinards, of which I am one and who supposed look like foxes, Wol-lyks, which supposedly look like wolves, and Conotes, which supposedly look like coyotes. But that’s beside the point. As I was saying, Mythos is in charge of managing our tech and making most of the strategic decisions. He’s not very emotional, but that works to his advantage, especially in stressful situations. Then there’s Mycroft, our resident Thinker. She’s the youngest of the group, only 16, but she’s also one of the most useful, since her power lets her pull information out of thin air. She’s a bit arrogant because of her power, but she’s always willing to help someone down on their luck. I treat her like my little sister since my actual sister would punch if I did anything like nuzzle her head. There’s Prendre, the resident jokester and my best friend. His power lets him absorb, kinetic, heat, and electrical energy to power up his body. One of his favorite things to do is stand in front of a villains shots and watch their confusion as their fancy laser guns only make him stronger. Finally, there’s Warper, who’s only two years older than Mycroft, but also has a really strong power. As the name suggests, she can “warp” any space around as long as she can see it, and she uses it in some really creative ways. She does stuff like travel a block in a single step, leave an escaping felon running in place, one time there was this nut job who had his gun less than a foot away from a hostages head, and she managed to make it so the bullet went straight into his foot. She’s also what marketing has dubbed “cute,” but don’t let her hear you say that unless you want to damage your ear drums. There’s a couple independents we work with a lot, but they aren’t exactly part of the team, and I don’t really know enough about them to say what kind of people they are.
Last edited by Legotron123 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny listened intently to Kolt's descriptions of his home team and, after a moment, laughed involuntarily. "Sorry," she said, "just something I thought of. The other species... three species, one race? How does that work? - Uh, they start with the first few letters of the Earth animal. I suppose it's a good job you don't as that'd make you Fo-Kinard..." She stopped for a second. "Might be true but not polite to say. Didn't you say you had a sister?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken joined Rika in the river, on a tube and waited for the others.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika nodded to Morgan's question. "It's quite nice, but I've not seen enough of it yet to make a full assessment.." She replied honestly.

The three other people in the line offered for Rika and Jaken to go up front so they could be with their friends. Rika politely accepted and stepped over to the others. "..That's nice of them, isn't it? Anyway! We should get in the water, we can chat more there.." She said, grabbing a new tube.
"All right!" Morgan said to Randy and Jolty. "Let's go!" She placed her tube in the water and climbed in, reclining and letting her sore muscles relax.

After Jolty climbed into his own tube and launched off into the lazy current, Randy nervously dipped his toes in and got a better look. It seemed the water wasn't that deep. He put his tube in the water and climbed into it. It instantly started to sink, but stopped just before Randy was submerged. Startled, he looked over at Morgan, who was looking back and holding a hand out to him. He took it and the two of them began to slowly drift down the lazy river, holding each others' hand. Randy smiled. "I could get used to this."
-Champion Motto

dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty took the tube, gently easing himself into the water. "Gosh, this water's warm!" He purrs, surprising himself once again. He flops onto the tube, murmuring and curling his tail. He was warm, and satisfied. "It's so freaking warm out!!!" He looks happy, the sour , sad, and depressed look which had lingered on his face the entire time you had met him was lifted, and he looked legitimately happy. He looks more cat like that ever, batting the water, with a sparkle in his eyes, not the hardened, mildly angry and annoyed look he wore.

Jolty closes his eyes, and lets the slow, relaxing river sweep him away....

*Russian Intensifies*