Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah'm gonna be checkin' 'em onnywae, sir," Sarah said, giving Cailean a final kiss before parting to carry out the rest of the room checks. Sofa first. "Got no Scotch," she admitted, indicating the beers she'd brought. "Crack open th' broon an' we'll chrissen th' place, eh? She headed in to check over the bedrooms after the front door locked.
"Aw. Did th' scotch get broken in th' crash then?" Cailean looks saddened. Conall checks out the vid screen in the living room, fiddling with the remote until the idle screen shows a photograph of a country road crossing the border with an old, stone "Welcome to Scotland/Fàilte gu Alba" sign.
"Th' best view in all o' England." he signs to Cailean and Sarah. This is payback for the picture of Glasgow over their beds on the Steelhaven. Cailean giggles as he opens the bottles and passes them out.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Keeva muttered something quietly to Dan and pressed against him under the covers before taking in the intensity of his scent at the close range and smiling without opening her eyes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mighta," Sarah confessed about the Whisky, coming out from the first bedroom after searching it. "Bu' ah had nae time ta check." She pointed at the picture as she headed to the next room. "An' ah like the picture, hen. Coz it were tak'n from England."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva muttered something quietly to Dan and pressed against him under the covers before taking in the intensity of his scent at the close range and smiling without opening her eyes.
Dan replied just as quietly before kissing her passionately on the muzzle and pulling the covers over their heads.

-----

Traci continued to stay close to Ulrich and trace his steps as she kept a look out for anything unusual.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:”Okay good, I’m not imagining things. Could you please ask her to stop? Having another voice in my head is rather disorienting.” Liz said, before deciding to take another bite of her chicken club wrap.
"Very well."

-----------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:After hearing the Captains' request over the comm, Seena took her hand off the device and it fell silent. She managed to hang on to a faint smile as she spoke to the Hivemind in her kitchen. "Please tell the Captain she asked before you did?
"Ok."

-----------

"She heard that captain. She's turned off the comm. She said she managed to contact someone from your universe by the name of Admiral Ezra Lockwood. Does that name mean anything to you?" He asked Liz.

----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Is Celica News Network out of the question," Hannabelle asked. "It's usually good to know what the enemy is saying about you and, unlike Earth, CNN is the voice of the government whilst Foxton News is generally reliable."
"We're close enough to Cana that I think I can access some Celician channels." He turned on the TV and searched until he found the news channel Hannabelle mentioned. "Never really liked the news. It either has a political agenda it's trying to push, or it follows the "it bleeds, it leads" policy. There's never anything built to inspire, never anything that says there's hope."

----------------------
~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika was smiling too. "You can come with us if you want, June, but I'm not sure if you'll be allowed into champion areas.." She said honestly. "..That's up to Hive."
Hearing his name, Hivemind stepped up and replied. "She can go, but might want to wait for just a bit. The Lycan is training the team using his horror-style guerrilla tactics, and his horror props can sometimes be a little graphic. If you wanted to skip training today, Rika, then you can. They are on their last training round, and I can't open the doors to the training room until it's done anyway."

----------------------

At that moment, two people entered the armory. One was Morgan, and the other was someone Kol wouldn't recognize. She was a Lycanthrope like Randy, but while Randy was midnight black with a little grey from age, this new lycan was snow white with the individual strands ending in a translucent icy blue tip, giving her an almost frozen appearance. Another notable feature was that her right arm was missing at the elbow and covered in a kind of amputation sock. "Hive, where's dad?"

"Good to see you back, Eira. Randy's training the new recruits. The doctor said he was fit for duty a couple hours ago." The droid replied.

"So, he's recovered then?"

"Yes. He's fine."

Eira looked relieved. "That's good to know. Honestly why was I even worried?"

"Because he's your dad."

Eira didn't reply. Instead she looked at Kol. "New recruit?" She walked up to her. "Hey. I'm Eira. Tempest and The Lycan are my parents."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Well the table hides nothing, and there’s nothing on the floor aside from footprints leading to the fridge. And my experience with these things leads me to believe that we shouldn’t open it until we’re sure it’s not a trap.” He said, looking over and noticing Tatiana’s discomfort. ”If it makes you feel better, I can search the oven for you.” He headed over to the open stove door, using the enhanced sense Quint brought him to peer inside as if the darkness wasn’t there. ”Odd. There’s nothing in here. Not even the racks you put food on. Someone must’ve taken them out.”
-
”Good. Can you tell her th-wait, she WHAT?!?” Liz asked, surprised they had established contact so quickly. ”How? You know what, never mind. I’m just glad we can.... Hang on. Did you say Admiral Ezra Lockwood? That doesn’t make sense, he’d only been promoted to Vice Admiral two weeks ago. There’s no way he got another promotion so quickly.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Careful. We would not want to set anything off. But, by the looks of it," He carefully made his way down the hallway, checking the walls and ceiling for any traps as he went. He stopped at the first door, one that looked like it led to a bathroom, but it could have probably led anywhere at this point. He looked inside to discover that it was indeed a bathroom. "There don't seem to be any traps in the hallway at least." He stepped carefully into the bathroom, finding it to look rather normal. There was a shower, a sink and a toilet that he probably shouldn't attempt to use. On the sink was a shiny thing. The previous shiny things generally helped the group out so he decided that he would look at the shiny thing in an attempt to discern what it was.

----------

Chris mock pouted, "Aww man, looks like we'll have to take the conventional way. Worth a shot though," he grinned.

----------

Colorado eventually returned with a cup of tea, setting it down in front of Cherry with a full spread of sugar cubes, honey and milk. "Thanks, Hive. So how's the contact with Captain Liz working out? Also, Legends?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The door opened to reveal a tall, muscular-looking, Rat with a scowl on his face. "I don't know what I'm supposed to have seen, Age..." He looked down at her and stopped. He blinked. Once. Twice. "One... one of us is an agent," he asked. "I... you..." He frowned as Jenny saw a female rat move in the background. "Do I know you?"
"I ruddy well 'ope so, Garrett!" Jenny replied, slipping into her colony accent as her heart pounded. She shrugged. "Figured you'd be too stunned to open the door if I'd said 'Agent Miles'," she admitted as she let himsee her whole badge.
"Jennifer..." Garrett said in a small voice before grabbing her into a mighty hug. "JENNY!! Ber...Bernice," he said, twirling Jenny so he was looking towards the kitchen and she was looking into the corridor, "It...it's my sister Jenny! She... she's alive!"
"Then let her in and close the door."
And the door closed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah," Seena replied, adding honey to the tea, "four years does seem quick to become legends."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Four years from vice admiral to Admiral," Corp said darkly. "Even for a conniving, career-minded, type like Lockwood, that's fast. Either he's lying or..." He let that hang to see if the others picked it up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"News is only news because it's happening to others," Hannabelle opined, "and, unfortunately, the nature of the universal species is we get envious of other people's good news and hearing about bad things happening to those others sells papers, attracts more hits and sells advertising. But there's always the stories of hope in the news too. As stupid as it is to say in a ship with this name, Hope is not dead in the universe. It's just under assault." Having said that, she started watching a story about a ground quake. "See that? They're not unified to find the dead. They might be enemies usually but they're united in hope to find the living." She tutted and Hive might see a mischievous glint in her eye. "And you see nothing hopeful in the news?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Or something happened that left a very important job opening. And given how Admirals are placed in charge of ships that are frequently called “fleet killers,” I’m loathe to think of what could’ve cause that.” Liz said, her face looking rather grim. ”Also, he’s not that bad Corp. Sure, he’s an absolutely unpleasant individual, but I wouldn’t call him conniving. He does genuinely care about doing his job, it’s just that his personality makes him completely miserable to work with.”

(Just a short little post I made since I couldn’t sleep.)
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We need to find out some..." Corp stopped a second and looked at Hive. "She put the commdown? She was doing that with a comm?" He put his mind to it. "We need to find out if it just works for her or if it'll work for others if she's holding it. Ask her to contact Lew... Lieutenant Walker and get Doctor VanDerBilt to say something." He looked at the others. "Well he's not going in my head and we need to know."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana walked toward the microwave, noticing the fridge has a big handprint in the dust of the fridges handle, "Thanks, don't know why, but this sim is messing with my head. Like if it wasn't a sim I'd be less cautious as wacky reality would be easier to manipulate than this. Also, the fridge has now taken the oven's place on my creepy meter, like something's hiding in there." She then turned her attention to the microwave, peering inside, "There's a ton of silverware in here. I'd like NOT to set the house alight, but... Agh! Taking them out or leaving them there could both cause problems, but there might be something in there with the silverware!" She turned back to Kolt, "Should we plan out our opening strategy for these two, then dare to be stupid and open em?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:Chris mock pouted, "Aww man, looks like we'll have to take the conventional way. Worth a shot though," he grinned.
"When is this mission, and what should we do to prepare for it?" The robot dragon asked the robot human.

"Well, I'm afraid it's too soon to get in any training. We only have about half an hour until we get there. We can go downstairs and I can get you some non-lethal weapons." Hivemind replied. He headed to the door and gestured for the two to follow him. "Same for you, Chris. You need a sidearm, even if you are going to be piloting MT most of the time. I assume that is what you are planning on doing, at least."

-------------------------
Deske wrote:Colorado eventually returned with a cup of tea, setting it down in front of Cherry with a full spread of sugar cubes, honey and milk. "Thanks, Hive. So how's the contact with Captain Liz working out? Also, Legends?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah," Seena replied, adding honey to the tea, "four years does seem quick to become legends."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We need to find out some..." Corp stopped a second and looked at Hive. "She put the commdown? She was doing that with a comm?" He put his mind to it. "We need to find out if it just works for her or if it'll work for others if she's holding it. Ask her to contact Lew... Lieutenant Walker and get Doctor VanDerBilt to say something." He looked at the others. "Well he's not going in my head and we need to know."
"Four years is a short time to become "Legends" but it isn't a short time at all for a tragic disappearance of a ship and her crew to become big news and for everyone to know about it. Seena, Corp just asked me to get you to try to do what you just did, except for he suggests you try to contact Lewis instead of Liz AND he wants Colorado to be the one who does the talking. This is to figure out if multiple people can use the comm for the mental communication and I suspect also to try and figure out if it was just Liz you could contact, or if you could contact other people."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"News is only news because it's happening to others," Hannabelle opined, "and, unfortunately, the nature of the universal species is we get envious of other people's good news and hearing about bad things happening to those others sells papers, attracts more hits and sells advertising. But there's always the stories of hope in the news too. As stupid as it is to say in a ship with this name, Hope is not dead in the universe. It's just under assault." Having said that, she started watching a story about a ground quake. "See that? They're not unified to find the dead. They might be enemies usually but they're united in hope to find the living." She tutted and Hive might see a mischievous glint in her eye. "And you see nothing hopeful in the news?"
"Fine, fine. You have a point. I just wish it was more the focus, that's all."

Legotron123 wrote:”Or something happened that left a very important job opening. And given how Admirals are placed in charge of ships that are frequently called “fleet killers,” I’m loathe to think of what could’ve cause that.” Liz said, her face looking rather grim. ”Also, he’s not that bad Corp. Sure, he’s an absolutely unpleasant individual, but I wouldn’t call him conniving. He does genuinely care about doing his job, it’s just that his personality makes him completely miserable to work with.”

(Just a short little post I made since I couldn’t sleep.)
"Honestly, this ship could do that." He said in response to the idea of a "fleet killer" being destroyed. "Several supers could do that. However, you likely don't have a twenty-million square foot ship or people who shoot super lasers from their eyebrows in your universe. I don't know what could have done that."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We need to find out some..." Corp stopped a second and looked at Hive. "She put the commdown? She was doing that with a comm?" He put his mind to it. "We need to find out if it just works for her or if it'll work for others if she's holding it. Ask her to contact Lew... Lieutenant Walker and get Doctor VanDerBilt to say something." He looked at the others. "Well he's not going in my head and we need to know."
"I have made the request. Waiting for a reply now."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um, O...O.K.," Seena said uncertainly, picking the comm back up and trying to think of Lewis Walker. "Uh... H...hello, sir, are... are you hearing us?" She held the comm out for Colorado to speak.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Okay! sure!" June answers enthusiastically talking over Hivemind and practically leaping out of her chair, half finished food forgotten, to follow.

- - - - - - -

"Kol." She states after Eira introduces herself, sounding distracted. Her expression looks almost pitying, as she seems to be having trouble not staring at Eira's stump.

- - - - - - -
CyberDragon wrote:"Fair enough." The droid said. "Just don't go around calling robots like me toasters. I personally don't care, but not all robots are attached to the hive. The ones that aren't will consider that a slur, and you don't want to anger someone who has a built-in plasma cannon or who weighs ten tons."
She turns away from hivemind, muttering to herself that, "of course it would have a bunch of scripted etiquette reminders." seeming to more or less ignore the bit about machines having opinions and moods.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”I say we do the fridge first. I take the freezer, you take the fridge, and we each open a door from the side. If anything comes out, we attack it.” He said, moving over to the side of the large appliance and waiting for Tatiana to do the same. ”Okay, we open the doors on three. One, two, THREE!” He and Tatiana flung the doors to the fridge open. But instead of the trap or creature that they were expecting, the only thing that attacked them was the stench of all the rotten food inside. ”Oh gods, that’s disgusting.” He said, before plugging his nose and looking inside. Dear Meado was there a lot of rotten food inside. Eventually he found what he was looking for, a large ice block with a key inside. ”You have any of melting ice quickly? I mean, I do, Mythos put pretty much everything but the kitchen sink in this suit though now that I think about it, Etha probably put one in my hammerspace pocket, going to have to check later, but anyways, I have a way to melt this ice block, but I have to go through like a dozen menus to get to it, and that’s going to waste time.”
-
”Ugh, that does feel weird. I can hear you, but I don’t hear Denver.” Lewis said, clearly unnerved by having another voice in his head. ”Also, does anyone know how to make sure she hears me?”
”Not a clue. I just talked and she heard me, so I think she just hears whatever you say.” Liz said, feeling rather out of place in this comic book world.

Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado scooted himself closer to the commset, "Well considering he's not here, it's no wonder you don't hear him," he replied, with only a little bit of playful snark.

---------

"There is something shiny on the sink. I think it might be a key. It looks like there is a line connecting it to something in the pipes and I am really not interested in finding out what."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Did... did you hear that, S..sir," Seena asked. "And, um, sorry about this. Blame Chief Davidstow." She held on for his answer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reason I said we needed to know, Captain," Corp explained, "is that, if she was talking to Lockwood, there's no way he's going to tell her anything. Her access code isn't in the command banks after four years missing. Mine might be. Yours? Barring catastrophic disaster your command codes will have been stored. He'll talk to you."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, Jaken offered his free handpaw to June as he kept up with Rika on her way to training.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded toward Kolt, pulling out her rifle, "I might have something to break the ice. I would say use the microwave, but that feels like two risks on top of each other. Now I haven't done this in awhile... Also, one of the few times I like not having a nose." She aimed her rifle towards a part of the house with decent open space and fired, grabbing the speeding plasma with her telekinesis, the plasma veering slightly as she got a proper hold on the plasma. She gave a light sigh as she brought the plasma near the ice, "Hah, now lets hope this works as much as I think it will." She moved her the plasma through the ice block, cutting away the empty parts of the block until the key was, while still covered in a decent layer of ice the ice was more like a slightly bigger icy silhouette of the actual key, "Well, that's the quick stuff out of the way. Need to be more careful for the finer melting but shouldn't take long. How abouts ya look over the replicator or microwave? Doubt we have much time, which speaking of, what the heck does this key even go to?"
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Deske wrote:"There is something shiny on the sink. I think it might be a key. It looks like there is a line connecting it to something in the pipes and I am really not interested in finding out what."
Traci looked over the sink, trying to look down the drain. "Yeah, it's a key. And it's tied to something, tightly. I agree that we shouldn't touch it.." She replies before turning to the shower and looking around in it. Nothing. As she steps in, her boot lightly bumps something in the drain. "Oh! Hey, there's a door handle on the shower drain.." She calls before bending down to check it. It looks fully intact. She carefully picks it up. "I guess a door in here is missing this, maybe the exit?" She mumbled to herself.

Getting back up and out of the shower she then checks the toilet, glancing around the cistern before checking around the edge of the seat. "Toilet's clear too, by the looks of it. I don't want to check inside it though, I have a feeling it'll be clogged or have something.. Disgusting ..in it."

-----

[Edit: Forgot Rika, will post something later soon]
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

"It would probably be a good idea to not dig around in the toilet. I am interested in this key however. There was that other door at the end of the hallways with the, uh, coughing coming from inside of it. Maybe this goes in there."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Kol." She states after Eira introduces herself, sounding distracted. Her expression looks almost pitying, as she seems to be having trouble not staring at Eira's stump.
Eira didn't like it when people stared at her arm, though she was used to it by now. Still, being self-conscious about it, she turned to her mom. "Hey, mom? Do you have any spare water? Or can you pull some from the air? I'm still not quite strong enough yet."

"Of course, Eira." Tempest waved a hand. The water vapor in the air gathered together into drops, which gravitated toward each other. She opened a bottle of water she had on her belt and combined the water inside with the condensed vapor to create a large amorphous glob of floating water.

"Thanks, mom!" Eira stuck her stump into the roughly orb-shaped mass of water. When she started pulling her arm out however, the liquid followed and took shape. It formed into the shape of an arm before freezing. She flexed her new, frozen, crystalline fingers. I missed you... the thought to herself before turning back to Kol. "It's good to meet you, Kol. When did you join?"

---------------------------------
Buster wrote:She turns away from hivemind, muttering to herself that, "of course it would have a bunch of scripted etiquette reminders." seeming to more or less ignore the bit about machines having opinions and moods.
"Etiquette is important when living in an area that's as heavily populated as the Beacon." The hive droid stated, apparently having heard her. "Also, I'm not scripted. Though I suspect you won't believe that. Or care."

~\Rook/~ wrote:Traci looked over the sink, trying to look down the drain. "Yeah, it's a key. And it's tied to something, tightly. I agree that we shouldn't touch it.." She replies before turning to the shower and looking around in it. Nothing. As she steps in, her boot lightly bumps something in the drain. "Oh! Hey, there's a door handle on the shower drain.." She calls before bending down to check it. It looks fully intact. She carefully picks it up. "I guess a door in here is missing this, maybe the exit?" She mumbled to herself.

Getting back up and out of the shower she then checks the toilet, glancing around the cistern before checking around the edge of the seat. "Toilet's clear too, by the looks of it. I don't want to check inside it though, I have a feeling it'll be clogged or have something.. Disgusting ..in it."
Traci should have looked closer at that door handle.

As she picked it up, something went snap. A string, matching the one on the key slid down the drain. A second snap, and the string attached to the key broke off and also fell down the drain.

SLAM! click! POP!

The door slammed shut and the light bulb in the overhead light in the bathroom died, plunging Ulrich and Traci into pitch darkness.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Reason I said we needed to know, Captain," Corp explained, "is that, if she was talking to Lockwood, there's no way he's going to tell her anything. Her access code isn't in the command banks after four years missing. Mine might be. Yours? Barring catastrophic disaster your command codes will have been stored. He'll talk to you."
The hive droid nodded. "We should cut the meeting short then. We can discuss things further another time. For now, contact with your home universe is definitely more important at the current time than this discussion."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich stiffened slightly as the lights went out, "Oh." He felt around for a bit until he found the door. He reached for the handle only to find that it wasn't there. Ulrich stopped for a minute, "Okay I have an idea. Do you still have the door handle? Because it seems like this door is missing one and since it is so black, I do not think we have a lot of time to do this."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Traci sighed. "Oh for the.. Well, whatever plan you have it's better than nothing.. Here." She replied holding out the handle toward where Ulrich's voice came from and acidentally jabbed him in the side with it. "Oop! Sorry.."

-----

With Jaken and June in tow, Rika entered the armory just in time to see Eira create her arm. "Oh wow.. Er, Ahem! Hey everyone!" She said as she entered, waving an arm in greeting. "All is well I hope? I don't have my full kit on me at the moment, so you best not be injured! Haha.. Ah, that's a doctor joke." She added, rubbing the back of her head as no-one else laughed. "Yeah.."
Character Reference
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Mighta," Sarah confessed about the Whisky, coming out from the first bedroom after searching it. "Bu' ah had nae time ta check." She pointed at the picture as she headed to the next room. "An' ah like the picture, hen. Coz it were tak'n from England."
Conall starts to sign something, then stops, then starts, then stops again, laughing.
"All righ'. Ye got me there." he admits. "But this isnae over. Ye've won a battle, not th' war." he warns playfully.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hey, Miss Kol," jaken said pleasantly to Kol before noting the others there. "Can't say hi to Mr. Hive coz I only just left him but hello, Mrs Tempest and, err..?" He tried to recall if he'd seen the new one at all before and decided not. "The arm trick was clever."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seena drank her tea. She had a feeling visitors were coming and her leg was beginning to feel pain again. Great.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarah signed that she understood and settled down to share a drink with the boys. They'd sort out employment after that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Three days. But not full days, this place has wierd short days. um... The day the..." she pauses a moment trying to sound out the next word, actually saying it her self without the translators help, then immediately going back to depending on it. "Necraconnis? Nocre-... Creepy place, got over run by dead things that wouldn't stay dead and a giant snake."

Forcing her attention elswhere, Eia might catch kol muttering 'to young for scars like that.' before the large feline swats at her translator.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken looked at the monitors and decided he'd prefer a better angle. So he decided to get one and, after the talk with Eira, climbed up to Kol's shoulders to get it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Judging by how the last room went, I’m going to say it goes with another key to open some sort of container that holds the key to the next room.” Kolt said, using a forcefield to grab the ice covered key. ”Anyways, I’ll check the microwave, you check the replicator. Then we’ll head down the hallway and meet up with the others.” He said, opening the little door. Nothing but the silverware she’d already noticed. ”Microwave’s a dud, any luck on your hand?”
-
”Wait, I thought that Denver was the one who... you know what, never mind. Clones make everything confusing. Anyways, we’re heading your way, we need to talk to Lockwood.” Lewis said, picking up what was left of his food and heading out the door.
Liz did the same with her wrap, though she turned to address Hivemind before she left. ”We still need to talk about the training everyone who got powers is going to get. Once we’re done with this call, we NEED to talk about that.”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Three days. But not full days, this place has wierd short days. um... The day the..." she pauses a moment trying to sound out the next word, actually saying it her self without the translators help, then immediately going back to depending on it. "Necraconnis? Nocre-... Creepy place, got over run by dead things that wouldn't stay dead and a giant snake."

Forcing her attention elswhere, Eia might catch kol muttering 'to young for scars like that.' before the large feline swats at her translator.
"You have no idea." Eira said under her breath in response to hearing Kol's comment about having such injuries at her age.
~\Rook/~ wrote:With Jaken and June in tow, Rika entered the armory just in time to see Eira create her arm. "Oh wow.. Er, Ahem! Hey everyone!" She said as she entered, waving an arm in greeting. "All is well I hope? I don't have my full kit on me at the moment, so you best not be injured! Haha.. Ah, that's a doctor joke." She added, rubbing the back of her head as no-one else laughed. "Yeah.."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hey, Miss Kol," jaken said pleasantly to Kol before noting the others there. "Can't say hi to Mr. Hive coz I only just left him but hello, Mrs Tempest and, err..?" He tried to recall if he'd seen the new one at all before and decided not. "The arm trick was clever."
Eira turned to Rika and smiled. "You're a doctor then? Can't be an osteologists because that wasn't very humerus." She held out her frozen arm and shook Rika's hand. "My name is Eira Steele. Good to meet you." She said. "'Mrs Tempest' is my mom."

Legotron123 wrote:”Wait, I thought that Denver was the one who... you know what, never mind. Clones make everything confusing. Anyways, we’re heading your way, we need to talk to Lockwood.” Lewis said, picking up what was left of his food and heading out the door.
Liz did the same with her wrap, though she turned to address Hivemind before she left. ”We still need to talk about the training everyone who got powers is going to get. Once we’re done with this call, we NEED to talk about that.”
"Agreed." Hivemind said as he led them out of the room.

It did not take long thanks to the portal doors for the four of them to arrive at Seena's door. Hivemind knocked. "Seena, I have the Captain, Lieutenant Walker, and Chief Davidstow with me. They are hoping to see if they can contact Lockwood."

Traci and Ulrich would hear a subtle thunk in the darkness.

Suddenly, a massive paw grabbed Traci from behind, covering her entire face and muffling any sound she made. A large, hairy arm locked her arms to her sides as the Lycan dragged her back to whatever hole he came from. There was the sound of some kind of door closing, then locking. Traci would feel something sharp prick her in the shoulder, before becoming too exhausted to move.

Traci would wake up outside of the training room door, where Kol, Jaken, June, Rika, Hivemind, Tempest, and Eira were talking.
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

CyberDragon wrote:Eira turned to Rika and smiled. "You're a doctor then? Can't be an osteologists because that wasn't very humerus." She held out her frozen arm and shook Rika's hand. "My name is Eira Steele. Good to meet you." She said. "'Mrs Tempest' is my mom."
Rika chuckled "Ha, nice one! I might have to use that one on an old colleague of mine.. I'm Rika Montoni, it's a pleasure to meet you." She said simply, shaking the ice hand back. "So you have powers from both your parents? That's extraordinary!" She added, noting her fur.

-----

Traci looked around, noting the new people as her eyes adjusted to the light quickly. "..Right." She muttered to herself before getting up. "Hey everyone! I'm back."

Rika turned to her. "Oh, hi Traci. You got knocked out or something?" She replied simply.

"Yeah, I've messed up twice now.." Traci sighed, slumping her shoulders.

"Everyone makes mistakes, you live and learn." Rika said reassuringly.

"Yeah, you're right. Better the next time, right?" Traci smiled, nodding confidently.

Rika simply nodded back in reply.
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'd hardly call it a loss when [the deck is stacked]." Kol growls annoyed, before noticing a certain climber. Reaching up with one of her back arms and wrapping her claws over the top of his head, careful tot to touch him with the blade covers, she looks up and asks, "What are you doing?" in a tone that doesn't make it clear if she's amused or annoyed.

- - - - - - -

Oh look, Eira has a bored shark hanging off of her ice arm by her teeth.
She's actually quite light.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken looked up at the claws before angling his head and body so he could see Kol eye to eye. "Getting better look," he said, giving her an upside-down smile. "You're taller than I." Keeping his body in the same general shape he tilted his head to look at Eira. "That's June," he said lightly, "she's my best friend."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seena chuckled. "Tell yourself to let yourself in," she told Hive before sighing. "I'm a living comm-link."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp waited with the others for access.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

~\Rook/~ wrote:Traci looked around, noting the new people as her eyes adjusted to the light quickly. "..Right." She muttered to herself before getting up. "Hey everyone! I'm back."

Rika turned to her. "Oh, hi Traci. You got knocked out or something?" She replied simply.

"Yeah, I've messed up twice now.." Traci sighed, slumping her shoulders.

"Everyone makes mistakes, you live and learn." Rika said reassuringly.

"Yeah, you're right. Better the next time, right?" Traci smiled, nodding confidently.

Rika simply nodded back in reply.
Buster wrote:"I'd hardly call it a loss when [the deck is stacked]." Kol growls annoyed, before noticing a certain climber. Reaching up with one of her back arms and wrapping her claws over the top of his head, careful tot to touch him with the blade covers, she looks up and asks, "What are you doing?" in a tone that doesn't make it clear if she's amused or annoyed.
"This is training." Hivemind reminded them. "The ultimate goal isn't to win. The goal is to learn. You don't ever learn how to get better if you never fail. You're doing fine for your first day, Traci. And the rest of you are doing fine for your first week."

---
~\Rook/~ wrote:Rika chuckled "Ha, nice one! I might have to use that one on an old colleague of mine.. I'm Rika Montoni, it's a pleasure to meet you." She said simply, shaking the ice hand back. "So you have powers from both your parents? That's extraordinary!" She added, noting her fur.
"Thanks. I was a junior EMT back on Earth." She said, smiling. "Yeah, I've got powers from both of them. Though mine aren't as strong."
Buster wrote:Oh look, Eira has a bored shark hanging off of her ice arm by her teeth.
She's actually quite light.
Eira lifts up the arm, shark attached, and stares at her with a slightly confused and slightly amused expression. "Umm... Who is this?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken looked up at the claws before angling his head and body so he could see Kol eye to eye. "Getting better look," he said, giving her an upside-down smile. "You're taller than I." Keeping his body in the same general shape he tilted his head to look at Eira. "That's June," he said lightly, "she's my best friend."
"Oh... Ok then." Eira said, attempting to pry the shark off of her arm. "And what's your name?" She asked Jaken.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Seena chuckled. "Tell yourself to let yourself in," she told Hive before sighing. "I'm a living comm-link."
"Hey, Me! can you let me in?" the droid yelled, deciding to play along with the joke.

"Sure, me. I'll let myself in." The droid inside the house walked up to the door and opened it.

"It's usually polite to ask before you enter. Even if you're already inside." the two said at once.
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah signed that she understood and settled down to share a drink with the boys. They'd sort out employment after that.
"Sae... Dae ye think we'll ever get hame?"
"Ah just had a thought. This is another universe. In all th' books ye hae duplicates in other universes. Cuid... Cuid our family be alive here still?" Conall queries, feeling a stirring of hope despite himself.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Goo...Galgle," Sarah started, before realising she didn't have a clue what the search engine was called here. She tapped a wall panel to see if she could gain access to the systems. "The web is still a friend." She frowned slightly. "If'n I can find it," she added quietly, tapping buttons until she found it. She entered the boys names and 'scotland' and looked to see if there was any news. Figuring she could hardly keep it from them, she took the tablet back to the settee.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like what we've done with the place," Seena asked, spreading her arms to greet the incoming group. Corp made his way around towards the corner of the room, saying nothing as he took it in. "I think I have to think of home," Seena said, reluctantly picking the comm back up and concentrating.
<<... zzzzzzzfind out where that tranzmizzion iz coming from I'll ...>>" said a familiar voice.
"Still not found us," Seena said, amused despite herself.
<<It's only time. I owe it to their memories to...>>
"I told you, we're in a different Universe. If you don't believe me, sir, perhaps you'll believe the next voice." She held the comm up for anyone else to speak into.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh," Jaken said, ears erect as he realised his mistake. "I'm Jaken. I'm new here. And I'm popular. I have a government trying to kill me." He said it with a curious mixture of fear and pride.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado chuckled, "Well, Captain? That's your cue." He gestured towards the commset.

---------

Ulrich looked behind him, or at least deeper into the dark, "Traci? Hello? Hmm.... That can't be good." He got down on all fours and began searching for the handle. After a couple minutes he found it and grabbed the key, which was easier to find. He made his way to the door and fiddled around, trying to fit the handle on to it.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana nodded, checking out the fabricator, "This is just a normal replicator. Absolutely nothing interesting here. And wasn't there a bunch of silverware in the microwave? Coulda sworn there was. Then again, wouldn't put it past Lycan to mess with our heads that way." She stepped back towards Kolt, "Welp, guess we can only catch up with Ulrich and the new girl now, huh?" She asked, hoping they could find the subject of the key soon.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Well yeah, but it was JUST the silverware. Nothing else was in there.” Kolt said before leading Tataina out of the kitchen and down the hallway. He was confused to find no sign of Ulrich and the new girl anywhere, just a few closed doors. ”Odd. Where could they have gone?” He asked as he tried to opened one of the doors, only to find it. ”Huh. Is the key melted yet? I wanna see if it works with this door.”
-
”Lockwood, is that you, you imperious old anathema? Quit harassing a member of my crew.” Liz said as she sat down next to Seena. ”And before you start accusing me of insulting my own memory, my ID code is “Sugar Coma Foxtrot.” Now will you please listen to what we have to say?”

Deske

Post by Deske »

After trying a variety of orientations, finally the handle slipped into it's slot. Ulrich gave it a test turn to confirm that it was in place before shoving the key into the lock and quickly turning the knob as soon as it unlocked. He spun himself around the door as quickly as possible, practically shoving Kolt out of the way, and pulled it shut behind him. He turned around to look at the fox person and with a shake of his head said, "Here there be monsters."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Sae... Dae ye think we'll ever get hame?"
"Ah just had a thought. This is another universe. In all th' books ye hae duplicates in other universes. Cuid... Cuid our family be alive here still?" Conall queries, feeling a stirring of hope despite himself.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Goo...Galgle," Sarah started, before realising she didn't have a clue what the search engine was called here. She tapped a wall panel to see if she could gain access to the systems. "The web is still a friend." She frowned slightly. "If'n I can find it," she added quietly, tapping buttons until she found it. She entered the boys names and 'scotland' and looked to see if there was any news. Figuring she could hardly keep it from them, she took the tablet back to the settee.
There was a knock on the door. "Hey, it's Hivemind again. I brought that map you asked for, could you let me in?"

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh," Jaken said, ears erect as he realised his mistake. "I'm Jaken. I'm new here. And I'm popular. I have a government trying to kill me." He said it with a curious mixture of fear and pride.
Eira stood there for a moment, letting that sink in while still standing there with a shark hanging off of her arm. "... wait, what?" She said before taking another look at her surroundings. Especially the fact that she still had a furry shark hanging off of her arm. "Actually, all things considered, that's not that unusual. It's good to meet you." She melted her arm until it was entirely water and June, who had nothing solid to hold onto anymore, dropped a few inches to the ground. She refroze her arm.

At that moment, Hivemind led Chris and MT into the armory, which was starting to get somewhat crowded. "Chris, MT, this is the armory. I'll get you some good starter equipment here. Also, some of these people are going to be working with you on this assignment, so I suggest introducing yourselves. Chris, is there any kind of weapon you typically prefer?"

The giant mecha-dragon wandered into the armory. It started looking at some of the heavy weapons on the shelves, not really knowing how to go about joining the conversation and deciding to listen in for a couple minutes to get context to the conversation.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Whoa," Jaken said, straightening up to look at the metal Dragon. "June, look at that! A PowerZoid! 'Scuse me, Miss Kol." He hopped off Kol and ran across to examine this new thing, smiling as June dropped from the arm on the way.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<Who izz that?>> Lockwood demanded before running the code. <<Captain Walker?>> His voice sounded incredulous and he ran the check again. <<I'm going to find out how you're doing this,>> he added, <<How you're fooling the computer. But, for now,/ I'll treat you as the real person. If it is really you? It's the first good news in months. Barbaroxzz everywhere... Where havve you been>>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie