Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buster
Game Master

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

"We can cover you, once the other two HK's are down here. these drones are remote piloted, disposable, and fitted with a disintegration weapon." Kobor states, turning just enough to talk to colt without loosing his target lock. then making the machine smirk and adds, "Besides, Predator doesn't have a fabrication license for alliance military hardware, so they're technically contraband. Don't tell the big fella but Tal pulled a fast one on him."
Last edited by Buster on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny nodded to Kobor. "Sounds like a plan," she admitted. "but we still need to find the target - if he's still in one piece. So Ulrich's shields first, you second. Me third. A sonic cone shuld be effective here now," she grimaced, "despite everything. Should be long enough for Quint." She looked at the seniors. "Can't have you fighting them if they adapt quickly, guys. They adapt to YOU and the rest of us are dead."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"The intruders were professional," Messalca pointed out, "at least at first. Dealt with the mate quite cleanly but, when it came to him, they made a **** of a mess of it. Several intruders and he gets a shot or two off? They do so much damage that he can't be readily identified? What's that about," she asked, gesticulating. "So we go to the dental work. Just to make sure it's him. And it comes back as him, yeah, but then I get to thinking on something else. Two something elses, really." She headed over to a filing cabinet full of paper files and pulled one out. "Stations still keep hard copies of local crimes fortunately," she stated, handing Hive a file written in Celican script. "'Bout a week before the attack, we'd had a break in on the local tooth pullers station. Again a pro job. No damage to the lock and only expensive items taken. But they also went through his records. Took a crowbar to the filing cabinets top two drawers.
I got to thinking 'did they take a record or change some? All of a sudden the dental's not sittin' well with me. So I order the D.N.A. tests.
" Now she snarled slightly. "That's about the time when State decides I shouldn't be handling a case of this matter. Not to mention the issue of Jaken Gastomar being missing and THAT'S still hanging over me like a flamin' anvil. When's his body turning up to re-ignite things?" She huffed. "Ah, sorry. Failures haunt. Especially with cubs. Anyhow, the D.N.A. reports that I got were unclear on things but state were clear it was no longer my case to investigate."
"You don't have to worry about Jaken anymore. We found him alive, and he's in Champion protective custody. He's on the safest ship in the universe behind fifty miles of fortifications and another fifty to two hundred miles of civilian Beacon security, under the watchful eye of the champions and yours truly. Nothing is going to happen to him."

Hivemind thought about what Messalca mentioned. It seemed she wasn't in on the conspiracy. There wasn't any chip, so she wasn't being manipulated. She appeared to be telling the truth, and didn't seem to be hiding anything. "So then. Someone breaks in and changes his dental records. Professionals don't normally break into dentist offices on a whim, so someone sent them. A week later, professional assassins hit the family of the person who's records were changed. They kill the wife cleanly, but when they come to the person who's records they changed, they make such a mess that those modified dental records are needed. Then when you try to verify using DNA, the case is taken away from you by the government. Now when I tell you that the hit on the family was ordered by someone high ranking in the government, things start to fall into place. Then the question becomes why would the government have assassins mutilate the body so badly it needs dental records to confirm it's identity, leave the teeth in place so that you can actually use dental records, but then take the case away from you when you try to use DNA? The only thing I can think of is that they wanted you to identify the body, but wanted you to identify it incorrectly."

---------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Still wouldn't be smart," Corp grunted. "You joining us," he asked June as other patrons left. "saves us having to call across the room."
Buster wrote:moving a few tables over so she's next to the others, June gives about as friendly a grin as she can with her jawline.
"So were you down below or up on a ship? Oh, if you were up on a ship did you see father's team? He's the big squiddy thing."
Legotron123 wrote:Liz gave a pleased little smirk at Sal-hleel’s conversation with the waiter. It seems he wouldn’t cause too many problems after all. As she took another bite of her burger, she rolled her eyes at the people leaving. Guess they never had an interest in biology as a kid. ”If your fathers name was Kobor, then we did meet him. He was a big help in taking over the flag ship. Though judging by your wording, I’m assuming he’s a different person from the one you called dad?
Sal-Hleel simply sat there and waited for his food to arrive. When the four burgers did arrive, they were each twice the size of what Liz got, and the basket of fries was suitably large. The waiter, Sal-Hleel noticed, was considerably less nervous than before. The Varanian nodded his thanks and the waiter walked off. He picked up one of the burgers and stuck it in his mouth, swallowing it. Varanians had jaws sort of like snakes. They weren't built for chewing things.

Hlaoroo wrote:Cailean tilts his head comically as he peers at the holographic canine. He raises and lowers his paws several times before finally starting to sign.
"Huh... Ah dinnae quite ken what tae think..." Reaching around the table he taps Sarah's arm for attention.
"What dae ye make o' this, Sarah? Hivemind says tha's what animals are like here." he signs, indicating the hologram.
"An' apparently we dinnae talk or use language or tools. What dae ye think o' tha'?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sarah paused, choosing her words as she tried to take the implications of that in. "Sounds too simple f'r me, Conall," she signed back. "an' it'd kill me back." She moved a hand around to the small of her back for emphasis. "An' I trust th' pair of ye," she said, signing and speaking at the same time.
"So do you mind me asking, what's Earth like in your universe?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Right-ho," Jenny said nonchalantly, before heading swiftly back towards the elevators. "We need to collapse the hallway behind us!"
Deske wrote:Ulrich threw up a shield to stop any of the monster from getting to them and, learning from the first time, made sure it covered the nearest walls, ceiling and floor. After it was done he moved toward the elevator.
Buster wrote:by the time the team have retreated to the elevator, one of the three bots is waiting there, albeit with a few new dents and a new hole in the ceiling of the elevator. also said elevator has been nudged down far enough that it lines up correctly with the door now.

Talya meanwhile didn't loose her grip on the shaft framing and is about a third of the way down.

"Sorry about the noise I... take it you have more pressing concerns. What's happening?"

"CRAZY UNKILLABLE LIZARD-DOGS!" was the shouted reply he got from one of the team who has seemingly stolen all of her teamates explosive material and was rapidly turning the hallway into what looked like an improvised minefield while the others fell back. knowing it wont kill them but at least hoping it will slow them down once Ulrich's shield fails.

(Drone comms only)
>Tal, which pulse setting will heat a 250KG mass to 7500k?
>Prety sure you need the maximum setting for that but it'll burn out your reactor in six or seven shots. why? are you planning to vaporize a reentry shield or something?
>you know the pressure wave from vaporising large masses in a confined space is like a bomb going off right?

>I'm aware. I'm also in line of sight of multiple hostiles one of our teammates is referring to as 'unkillable' and I'd bet this lot tried.
>you've seen the team's gear. how tough does something have to be for that not to be enough?

(all comms)
>>Assault team, WHERE THE HIFL ARE YOU WE NEED YOU HERE NOW.

Kobor's blaster has deployed, and the twin barrels are starting to glow green and emit a crackling noise from within.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana and her second shell flew alongside her allies, just in case another would need help until she reached the elevator, feeling like a kinetic blast would cause more trouble. "Reminds me of a time I was bought to recover research data from a wrecked research vessel. Could use that unstable reactor now."
Legotron123 wrote:”THEY ADAPT TO WHATEVER DOES NOT KILL THEM!! DO NOT USE ANYTHING THAT WILL NOT COMPLETELY DECIMATE THEM ON A CELLULAR LEVEL!!!” Quint yelled as he bolted down the hallway. As soon as he made it to the elevator, he stopped to catch his breath before turning to Jenny. ”I have something that should take out a good chunk of these things, but I need time to charge it up, and no one can be in the hallway when I set it off.”
Buster wrote:"We can cover you, once the other two HK's are down here. these drones are remote piloted, disposable, and fitted with a disintegration weapon." Kobor states, turning just enough to talk to colt without loosing his target lock. then making the machine smirk and adds, "Besides, Predator doesn't have a fabrication license for alliance military hardware, so they're technically contraband. Don't tell the big fella but Tal pulled a fast one on him."
"I heard that. And I don't care. Not right now, and not about laws in another universe." one of the HK droids said as it crawled down the elevator shaft. "I'm contacting Hivemind to get some backup. I can work on containing them should they attempt to escape through the elevator shaft. I can simply download them..." He sounded like he was going to say something else when something fell down through the elevator shaft.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny nodded to Kobor. "Sounds like a plan," she admitted. "but we still need to find the target - if he's still in one piece. So Ulrich's shields first, you second. Me third. A sonic cone shuld be effective here now," she grimaced, "despite everything. Should be long enough for Quint." She looked at the seniors. "Can't have you fighting them if they adapt quickly, guys. They adapt to YOU and the rest of us are dead."
"I don't have powers for them to adapt to." Gadgeteer stated. "You go, I'll..." He stopped as something landed with a bang in the elevator. It was Legion.

"Don't even. Everyone get moving. We'll handle this." Whomever was speaking had a deep, rough voice. Then the voice shifted to a more feminine tone. "After all, what are they going to do? Kill us? They're a bit late for that."

Archangel nodded. "Jenny, get going. Now's not the time to see if your armor will keep you from breaking your arms. We don't have any medics right now. Legion will help Quint. Now get to the elevator."

The creatures had all broken out of their tubes and were currently pounding against Ulrich's shields. Predator's HK drone joined Kobor and charged up it's weapons.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, that's just too easy," Hannabelle mock complained as Titan worked. "Barely needs an old killer with her around." She went with Gear, deliberately walking at the same pace as him as she wasn't following him, he just happened to be the one to know where they were going.
Gear and Hannabelle didn't get too far before the message from Talya rang in his comm device. He quickened his pace. "Hope ya like climbin', 'cause the elevator's out." Gear said when they got to the elevator shaft ahead of the others.

- - - - -
Deske wrote:"Hold on, you see those?" Chris said, referring to the radar panel, "It looks like the funs begun again." He quickly readied the weapons systems again, with maybe a bit too much excitement.
"I see them..." MT replied when he too heard Talya. "Let's get moving quicker. Titan, are there any shortcuts we can fit th-" As soon as he suggested it, Titan swatted the wall next to her, bringing it down completely. She walked through the lab that opened up and pointed to a group of panicking scientists who were huddled in the corner behind some heavily armed security guards. The guards started firing at Titan, but she just casually stepped up to them and yanked the guns out of their hands before pointing to her champion badge.

"Archangel, we have survivors down here. Possibly more in the area. Be cautious, security is functional and guards are armed."

"Understood. Titan, make sure the civilians are secure, and then report to our location. MT, Chris, report to our location immediately."

"Understood." Chris, there is a cargo elevator we were headed to. The rest of the team is two floors above us. I recommend we head there.

Deske wrote:The two doctors, Aspen and Denver, that had been watching over the already stabilized patients, headed over to the recently stabilized ones and began providing a higher quality of service, fixing minor fractures and other less lethal forms of trauma. Meanwhile, Collins and Norwood got to work on the ones that had just come through the portal, triaging their wounds and digging into their supplies to begin treatment.
While the doctors worked on the injured, a hive droid walked up to Rika, Traci, and Eira.

(For Rook)
"I've just received word that the team we sent in to capture Monta experienced trouble. They need backup. Rika, apparently they have injuries, so they need your help. Traci, Eira, apparently they are up against a formidable opponent, and they need more heavy-hitters." A sparrow dropped in, landing in the street. "I need the three of you to go assist. I will have hive droid reinforcements in as soon as possible."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny put a hand on Legion's 'shoulder. "Hold them just as long as you need to, yeah?" She grinned in what she hoped was an encouraging way. "just 'coz yer dead, don't mean yer 'ave ta be a hero," she said, slipping slightly into her colony accent before heading back with the others. "See you in a few, Quint. And Kolt too. C'mon, guys."
----------------
Hannabelle looked into the void below her in the shaft. "Not trusting the cables," she said. "Ladder's for me." She reached in to the left and, grasping a rung, moved onto the ladder to go down as fast as she could. "Good thing I had that treatment," she muttered.
----------------
"When a master of disguise goes missing," Messalca announced, pointing for emphasis, "and what you get to identify is a mess?
Gotta consider there's something screwed going on. Figuring he's still alive somewhere. The Dentist was broken into because they're the same as us.
" She gestured to the filing cabinet. "When the net can go down at any time and be off for days you keep hard copies for emergencies as well as logging them on computer down at state." She nodded, changing tack. "So Jaken's safe. Good to know my last months in office aren't a total disaster."
"You're leaving," Seena asked.
"I'm elected," Messalca replied. "It's election year and there are two certain unsolved crimes casting a mighty shadow over the populace."
---------------
"Where... where do you want me," the NotJaken asked, wondering if he could possibly help the team.
-------------------
"So you know," Corp said dryly, "when people say they want you to 'chew things over' Sal-hleel, they mean they want you to think things over, not eat them. I think I still have to work on humour," he added to Liz.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Just let me know when you are going to fire," Ulrich said to the drones. A couple rings of light appeared around the barrels of the weapons, "If they are beam weapons, then these rings will act like trackers, opening the shield in specific locations. Or I could just drop it. Your choice."

------

"Let's get on it then," Chris said, mapping a route to the team.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Depends on whether or not your equipment can react fast enough to time drooping the barrier and re-raising it with, at this distance, I think only 400 microseconds between a shot leaving the barrel and impact. perforating the barrier before a shot will give away which ones we're aiming at, but won't require the precise timing." The third and final HK states arriving. It's weaponry already primed as Talya had started the charging sequence the moment kobor radioed to ask about power settings.

"Your call. you're the one who has to deal with the timing problem, so we'll fire on your signal." Kobor adds in, as his sister's drone steps into line between the boys and locks a target of it's own.

the crackling has stopped and all three sets of canons are glowing a steady vibrant green from within. a pair of voices chorusing "ready".

- - -

Thanks to her claws, kol has no trouble climbing the shaft and reaches the other floor before the others, holding out her uninjured main hand to help the next behind her out of the shaft.

- - -

"That's father. Dad is the one who's DNA I extrapolated to make a land based form. He looks like the fox-ish half of me and wears a similar suit, only in red, not yellow." June answered, nodding. munching on another rib she wonders aloud, "Mine was red at first too though, I don't know why the suit turned yellow once it registered I wasn't Dad..."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Not a problem. Fire at will." Ulrich grinned. Even factoring in the time it would take for the processors to tell the shield to open, the beams would be moving in slow motion from the perspective of the impropmtu velocimeter he had set up.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean tilts his head at Sarah.
"Hae ye ever had tae guard someone ye didnae trust?" he asks, genuinely curious.

~~~~~~~~
"Well, most animals are like us - walkin' on twa* legs, wearin' togs* an' talkin. We've also earned th' right tae be considered equal tae humans in most things. Th' humans didnae stop global warmin' until it was tae late sae there was quite a bit o' floodin'. We dinnae hae as many islands as there used tae be. Skye, oor hame* is an exception since it's mostly mountainous. Queen Mary th' Third is on th' throne o' th' UK an' they say she's th' most respected British queen since Elizabeth th' Second. Humans bein' humans there's still th' odd war, er, nae offence, but Earth is mostly peaceful these days. Space is where th' main fightin' happens. Insignia is th' terrorist organisation causin' it all. Sarah'll ken more aboot them than Ah dae. Ah never paid attention until it was tae late."

* twa= two
* togs = clothes
* hame = home
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the first volley is off, and the twins are already charging up for the second one.

[Warning: Power draw in excess of upper safety limits. Reactor stability at 86.66667%. Emergency shutdown will occur if stability drops below 10%]
>Thought so... six shots. trying to charge for number 7 will trip the shutdown.
>/Mute power warnings
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Bin a few, hen," Sarah admitted, "bu' ah cannae really tell ye aboot 'em, aye? Ne'er really get too much've a choice o'er who get's protected, aye? Been one or two needin' th' 'elp that ah wouldn' trust far as ah c'n chuck 'em, like? Them'd throw their ain moth'rs in front've 'em in a fire fight."
-------------------
"On our way up in the world," Jenny said, starting the climb up.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Once the others were out of the way, Quint stepped between Legion and Kobor and activated one of the weapons from what Kolt would’ve dubbed the “super scary, do not use” section of the suits menu. Weird Tesla Coil like protrusions grew to cover his hands, sparkling with some sort of energy that didn’t exactly look safe. He pointed the two coils towards the approaching beasts and fired, the two beams meeting roughly 40 feet away from the group. Once they did, they started to from into a strange orb, and that’s when weird things started to happen. Any nearby scanners started going crazy with the amount of energy it was giving off, a piece of paper that got blown around by all the ruckus got disintegrated once it got within 10 feet of the orb, and the power meter on the suit display started falling at an alarming rate.
-
Liz sat there listening, clearly fascinated by June’s very existence. For a moment she wondered how her power would interact with such an interesting biology, before deciding not to bring it up. ”If you don’t mind me asking, what is your relationship with your dad like? You said your current form came from you eating one of his severed limbs, yet he clearly likes you enough to have gifted you that suit.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I like him, but... Dad... takes some getting used to. he has, very mammal habits." June complains, her expression drooping slightly, before watching the other's expressions a moment and realizing she might need to clarify that. "Kaal don't raise offspring. We acknowledge being from the same strain, and will sometimes give items or equipment needed. outside anomalies like auntie though, it's more like having the same home town than being family. having to explain the whole 'i don't sleep' bit because someone was worrying about me being up all night, was just weird."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jenny put a hand on Legion's 'shoulder. "Hold them just as long as you need to, yeah?" She grinned in what she hoped was an encouraging way. "just 'coz yer dead, don't mean yer 'ave ta be a hero," she said, slipping slightly into her colony accent before heading back with the others. "See you in a few, Quint. And Kolt too. C'mon, guys."
"Go. Don't worry about us. We collectively have over a thousand years more experience than you do." Legion said, switching between two different voices before turning to face the shielded door.
Deske wrote:"Just let me know when you are going to fire," Ulrich said to the drones. A couple rings of light appeared around the barrels of the weapons, "If they are beam weapons, then these rings will act like trackers, opening the shield in specific locations. Or I could just drop it. Your choice."
"Once all of the weapons are spent, everyone get behind us and drop the shields. We have a plan."
Buster wrote:"Depends on whether or not your equipment can react fast enough to time drooping the barrier and re-raising it with, at this distance, I think only 400 microseconds between a shot leaving the barrel and impact. perforating the barrier before a shot will give away which ones we're aiming at, but won't require the precise timing." The third and final HK states arriving. It's weaponry already primed as Talya had started the charging sequence the moment kobor radioed to ask about power settings.

"Your call. you're the one who has to deal with the timing problem, so we'll fire on your signal." Kobor adds in, as his sister's drone steps into line between the boys and locks a target of it's own.

the crackling has stopped and all three sets of canons are glowing a steady vibrant green from within. a pair of voices chorusing "ready".
Deske wrote:"Not a problem. Fire at will." Ulrich grinned. Even factoring in the time it would take for the processors to tell the shield to open, the beams would be moving in slow motion from the perspective of the impropmtu velocimeter he had set up.
Buster wrote:the first volley is off, and the twins are already charging up for the second one.

[Warning: Power draw in excess of upper safety limits. Reactor stability at 86.66667%. Emergency shutdown will occur if stability drops below 10%]
>Thought so... six shots. trying to charge for number 7 will trip the shutdown.
>/Mute power warnings
The three shots from the three drones sailed straight through the shields, one after the other. They struck three of the creatures inside the room and they evaporated and exploded with a very brief shriek. The resulting blast caused the hundreds of other creatures to fly off in all directions, ragdolled by the force of the explosion. Then they started getting up. Their burns were healing with the skin becoming heat resistant. Their broken limbs twisted and set themselves back in place, healing and becoming like reinforced steel. In no time at all, they were back to pounding against Ulrich's shields like a stampede of rhinoceroses.
Legotron123 wrote:Once the others were out of the way, Quint stepped between Legion and Kobor and activated one of the weapons from what Kolt would’ve dubbed the “super scary, do not use” section of the suits menu. Weird Tesla Coil like protrusions grew to cover his hands, sparkling with some sort of energy that didn’t exactly look safe. He pointed the two coils towards the approaching beasts and fired, the two beams meeting roughly 40 feet away from the group. Once they did, they started to from into a strange orb, and that’s when weird things started to happen. Any nearby scanners started going crazy with the amount of energy it was giving off, a piece of paper that got blown around by all the ruckus got disintegrated once it got within 10 feet of the orb, and the power meter on the suit display started falling at an alarming rate.

This cleared a number of the creatures. The ones closest to the orb evaporated into ash. The effects varied based on how far the beast was to the orb itself. Once they got about 5 feet away, they started igniting and burning, turning into charred remains of their former selves. Further away, the creatures burned and shrieked. Once they were far enough, however, the creatures ignored the attack and started trying to bust their way out of the room through walls into other rooms.

The creatures that hadn't evaporated but were charred started to twitch back to life. Then, they started to stagger to their feet as their bodies regrew, but regrew differently. They were almost metalic in a sense, covered in a dense heat-proof and electrically insulated shell. (assuming a few things about the weapons here)

They were striking back with a vengeance. Beating once more against the shields even stronger than before. The attacks had indeed permanently eliminated some, but there were still too many remaining to count, and some of them were even more powerful than they had been before the attack.

"I'm not so sure we have enough power to vaporize all of them..."

----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Hannabelle looked into the void below her in the shaft. "Not trusting the cables," she said. "Ladder's for me." She reached in to the left and, grasping a rung, moved onto the ladder to go down as fast as she could. "Good thing I had that treatment," she muttered.
Gear sort of just shrugged. "Ya coulda' just asked for a lift. Target's on the bottom level." He held out a hand for Hannabelle to take. "Same as before. I'll save you the climb."

Deske wrote:"Let's get on it then," Chris said, mapping a route to the team.
The two of them continued on the path, following the arrow on MT's HUD until they got to a large freight elevator. MT didn't wait for the elevator to get there, instead opting to punch the doors open and fly up the shaft to the floor where Quint, Legion, Kobor, Talya, and Predator were fighting the creatures.

Buster wrote:Thanks to her claws, kol has no trouble climbing the shaft and reaches the other floor before the others, holding out her uninjured main hand to help the next behind her out of the shaft.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"On our way up in the world," Jenny said, starting the climb up.
"Guys? The target is in an underground bunker on the lowest floor." Archangel said. "Going down. Anyone need a lift?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"When a master of disguise goes missing," Messalca announced, pointing for emphasis, "and what you get to identify is a mess?
Gotta consider there's something screwed going on. Figuring he's still alive somewhere. The Dentist was broken into because they're the same as us.
" She gestured to the filing cabinet. "When the net can go down at any time and be off for days you keep hard copies for emergencies as well as logging them on computer down at state." She nodded, changing tack. "So Jaken's safe. Good to know my last months in office aren't a total disaster."
"You're leaving," Seena asked.
"I'm elected," Messalca replied. "It's election year and there are two certain unsolved crimes casting a mighty shadow over the populace."
"Continue cooperating and aid us in our investigation, and those unsolved crimes won't be unsolved for long. We've already made arrests related to them. I don't suppose you have any DNA left from the body that we could use to properly identify it?" Hivemind asked.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Where... where do you want me," the NotJaken asked, wondering if he could possibly help the team.
"Here, Jaken. I know you want to help the others, but they can handle themselves. The civilians trapped in these buildings can't get out on their own." The Lycan said, kneeling down so he was looking at Jaken in the eyes.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So you know," Corp said dryly, "when people say they want you to 'chew things over' Sal-hleel, they mean they want you to think things over, not eat them. I think I still have to work on humour," he added to Liz.
"Hmph. I know that. I was interpreter. I study human culture, and learn some figures of speech. Though, I will admit, I sometimes struggle... Why give someone a bird when they do stupid or annoying thing?" Sal-Hleel asked, referring back to how he said he would give the waiter a pigeon and not come back if the service was terrible, and showing he perhaps doesn't know figures of speech quite as well as he thinks.

Hlaoroo wrote:"Well, most animals are like us - walkin' on twa* legs, wearin' togs* an' talkin. We've also earned th' right tae be considered equal tae humans in most things. Th' humans didnae stop global warmin' until it was tae late sae there was quite a bit o' floodin'. We dinnae hae as many islands as there used tae be. Skye, oor hame* is an exception since it's mostly mountainous. Queen Mary th' Third is on th' throne o' th' UK an' they say she's th' most respected British queen since Elizabeth th' Second. Humans bein' humans there's still th' odd war, er, nae offence, but Earth is mostly peaceful these days. Space is where th' main fightin' happens. Insignia is th' terrorist organisation causin' it all. Sarah'll ken more aboot them than Ah dae. Ah never paid attention until it was tae late."

* twa= two
* togs = clothes
* hame = home
"Supers change a lot of things in our universe." Hivemind said. "In all honesty, our ice caps probably would have melted if it weren't for the efforts of supers. For a while, cryo and aquakinetics would just go up there and re-freeze everything, but eventually a few supers got sick of it and decided to push for more clean air policies, sometimes peacefully and sometimes by threatening to kick down factories that were cheating on their emissions tests."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Firepower isn't the problem." Talya answered, frustration showing in her words as her weapons did a quick coolant flush before resuming the charge up sequence. "we're outputting enough energy to instantly flash-vaporise every known element. that's what this setting is for. the problem is these frames were designed to seek and destroy single high-risk targets, not fight crowd control, we don't have enough ammo." as she spoke she was subconsciously clearing warnings and overheat alarms from her HUD. She knew from experience that these drones could take more than the system was implying, if you didn't need to worry about recovering them intact afterwards. "on top of that the air in this corridor has already gone from 8c to 110c. cooling is going to become a very big problem sooner rather than later if wee keep throwing that much energy around."

"Yeah, the team still wearing orbit-drop gear is probably the only reason kolt and ulrich can breathe right now, being in the room with us..." Kobor added, glancing at their teamates, glad for their presence but concerned none the less. if there was ever a moment to be thankful no one's had time for a wardrobe change...
Last edited by Buster on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Down is good too," Jenny said, starting downwards quickly. "Just adds to the amount of concrete we might need to seal those things in soon. Coming, Kol? Race ya to the bottom!"
----------------
"For the record," Hannabelle said crossly, "I could certainly do this." She took Gear's hand. "Speed, though, is of the essence."
---------------
Above, Golten stalked the Beacon, looking to find things and getting a little annoyed that he couldn't do so as easily as he had been doing with his clairvoyance bit. His stomach led him towards the restaurant area.
--------------
"When state takes over," Messalca explained, shifting over to a room marked as 'evidence' and inputting the access code, "they take everything pertaining to the case. They took everything in the boxfile," she continued, opening the door and stepping into a walk in wardrobe with a number of stacked boxes. "But, when you're paranoid and don't trust State," she continued, lifting down a box after checking the number, "sometimes things get misfiled." She picked a sealed bag with a bloodied piece of fabric from the box and put the rest back. "I realised I had this in the wrong box after they'd been," she fibbed. "Reasoned it might be needed one day..."
--------------
"Hope you're right," Jaken sighed. "Not sure I'd be a good Hunter anyway," he admitted, looking like that was the worst thing in the world to admit before he opened up a portal to another building.
--------------
"...Pigeon," Corp asked before working it out. "Oh. Flipping the bird? It, uh, refers to an offensive gesture that expresses dissatisfaction or annoyance, Sal-Hleel. I don't know why they use that term though."
--------------
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Bin a few, hen," Sarah admitted, "bu' ah cannae really tell ye aboot 'em, aye? Ne'er really get too much've a choice o'er who get's protected, aye? Been one or two needin' th' 'elp that ah wouldn' trust far as ah c'n chuck 'em, like? Them'd throw their ain moth'rs in front've 'em in a fire fight."
"Och, th' wee [expletives]! Pardon mah language. Ah hope they treated ye right, at least. Ah'd personally kick their tails if they didn't."

~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote:"Supers change a lot of things in our universe." Hivemind said. "In all honesty, our ice caps probably would have melted if it weren't for the efforts of supers. For a while, cryo and aquakinetics would just go up there and re-freeze everything, but eventually a few supers got sick of it and decided to push for more clean air policies, sometimes peacefully and sometimes by threatening to kick down factories that were cheating on their emissions tests."
Conall looks at his paws thoughtfully before looking back up at Hivemind.
"Dae ye think Ah cuid change anythin' helpful like tha'? Ah cannae see mah power bein' tae helpful in th' grand scheme o' things. For personal use, sure, but nae in th' grand scheme o' things."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Quint grimaced as he deactivated the orb weapon, unimpressed by the amount of creatures it was taking out for the amount of energy it was using. ”My suit’s Hammerspace pocket could contain them until we can get to the Beacon, but we would need a way to force them through the portal.” He muttered, trying to think of a solution. If Kolt was awake, he could just grab the creatures and push them into the portal, but he was still recovering, so that was a no go. Although..... ”Legion, I do not suppose we would be so lucky that any of your components have gravity powers?”
-
”So he’s from a species that takes a very active approach to raising their kids, and he hasn’t fully caught on that you’re not.” Liz observed, taking another bite of her hamburger before continuing. ”Unfortunately, I don’t really have advice on how to deal with that. Most species in my dimension took a very community focused approach to child raising, so I don’t exactly have a lot of experience with the way your species does things.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Even using the smallest parts physics will allow a gravity driver is the size of a minivan. How in the world would anyone cram one into any of the machines down here?" kobor deadpanned looking at kolt as if he had just claimed to be able to breathe in space.

"Different physics." Talya 'helpfully' chimed in in a bored tone.

"sorry, the smallest parts the physics of a universe that isn't ________ insane will allow. Better?" came the growled reply answered by a cheeky grin and a nod. "I he actually has one i swear..."
- - - - - -

((i edited that post to not actually specify if she was going up or down before either of you posted, but whatever.))

Looking at jenny, Kol shakes her head, before grinning like a madwoman, grabbing jenny and jumping. pinning her teammate to her back as they descend, swinging her gravity hammer at full power when they were the right depth and using herself along with the kinetic surge as a battering ram to punch through the other level's door shoulder first. which puts her two for two on destroying elevator doors.

"Faster."
Last edited by Buster on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny laughed as Kol crashed the door. "I'm certain that's cheating somehow, Kol," she called, getting her gun ready again as she was held to the larger Champion's back.
-------------------
"I wouldn't worry, Captain," Corp gruffed, "we have things that'd confuse this universe too.
Like teleporters.
"
------------------
"What is she..." Messalca asked, looking out to where Sana was now tapping away on the computer keyboard. The Sheriff made for the door but Seena stopped her with a grin.
"Allow me, Sheriff," she said, raising a communicator. "What are you doing, Sana," she asked quietly.

The Fennec fell off her seat with a yelp. She pushed herself back up off the floor and stomped over to the door before opening it. "Don't DO that!"
"Whatcha doin', Sana," Seena asked sweetly.
"On MY computer and unauthorised to boot?"
"Oh," Sana said dismissively, "I was installing you some better firewalls whilst I was here."
Messalca huffed. "Those firewalls are the ones supplied by state!"
Sana shrugged. "They're quite good," she admitted. "It'd have taken me ten minutes to break them. Mine'll take thirty."
Messalca peered at her. "Ask next time." She looked back at Hive. "Where were we before recess?"
-----------------
"'Ah'd 'ave 'ad t' try'n stop ye," Sarah mused before winking, "E'en with youse 'aving' a Claymore!"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I could try and make boxes around them and force them into it like a garbage truck if sorts," Ulrich said to Quint.

-----

"So they need to be disintegrated... Man this is gonna be fun," Chris said, sounding maybe a little too excited.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Firepower isn't the problem." Talya answered, frustration showing in her words as her weapons did a quick coolant flush before resuming the charge up sequence. "we're outputting enough energy to instantly flash-vaporise every known element. that's what this setting is for. the problem is these frames were designed to seek and destroy single high-risk targets, not fight crowd control, we don't have enough ammo." as she spoke she was subconsciously clearing warnings and overheat alarms from her HUD. She knew from experience that these drones could take more than the system was implying, if you didn't need to worry about recovering them intact afterwards. "on top of that the air in this corridor has already gone from 8c to 110c. cooling is going to become a very big problem sooner rather than later if wee keep throwing that much energy around."

"Yeah, the team still wearing orbit-drop gear is probably the only reason kolt and ulrich can breathe right now, being in the room with us..." Kobor added, glancing at their teamates, glad for their presence but concerned none the less. if there was ever a moment to be thankful no one's had time for a wardrobe change...
Legotron123 wrote:Quint grimaced as he deactivated the orb weapon, unimpressed by the amount of creatures it was taking out for the amount of energy it was using. ”My suit’s Hammerspace pocket could contain them until we can get to the Beacon, but we would need a way to force them through the portal.” He muttered, trying to think of a solution. If Kolt was awake, he could just grab the creatures and push them into the portal, but he was still recovering, so that was a no go. Although..... ”Legion, I do not suppose we would be so lucky that any of your components have gravity powers?”
Buster wrote:"Even using the smallest parts physics will allow a gravity driver is the size of a minivan. How in the world would anyone cram one into any of the machines down here?" kobor deadpanned looking at kolt as if he had just claimed to be able to breathe in space.

"Different physics." Talya 'helpfully' chimed in in a bored tone.

"sorry, the smallest parts the physics of a universe that isn't ________ insane will allow. Better?" came the growled reply answered by a cheeky grin and a nod. "I he actually has one i swear..."
"Afraid not." Legion stated before it's voice turned feminine and elderly. "I was a telekinetic when I was alive, but I never had enough strength to do what you suggest... But, we can possibly do something else... They have, what, about a hundred creatures in there? We have a thousand ghosts in our shell. Maybe we could try possessing them? Like we did with the droid? Could be worth a try. The will of ten minds against the singular will of each individual creature should be overwhelming. It should work, but only for a short while..." Legion's many voices seemed to be talking to each other.
Deske wrote:"So they need to be disintegrated... Man this is gonna be fun," Chris said, sounding maybe a little too excited.
MT walked up to the others and took aim at the enemy with both his incendiary grenade launcher and his railgun.

-----------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"For the record," Hannabelle said crossly, "I could certainly do this." She took Gear's hand. "Speed, though, is of the essence."
"'course ya can." he said, picking Hannabelle up once again and jumping down the elevator shaft. His jump jets fired up, slowing them down before they landed smoothly on the ground. "But it's like ya said. Speed is- Woah! Head's up!"
Buster wrote:Looking at jenny, Kol shakes her head, before grinning like a madwoman, grabbing jenny and jumping. pinning her teammate to her back as they descend, swinging her gravity hammer at full power when they were the right depth and using herself along with the kinetic surge as a battering ram to punch through the other level's door shoulder first. which puts her two for two on destroying elevator doors.

"Faster."
Gear grabbed Hannabelle and dove out of the way when Kol and Jenny came crashing through. "Hey! Watch it!"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Above, Golten stalked the Beacon, looking to find things and getting a little annoyed that he couldn't do so as easily as he had been doing with his clairvoyance bit. His stomach led him towards the restaurant area.
Hivemind kept a close eye on Golten, wondering where he was going and if he needed to step in and provide directions.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"When state takes over," Messalca explained, shifting over to a room marked as 'evidence' and inputting the access code, "they take everything pertaining to the case. They took everything in the boxfile," she continued, opening the door and stepping into a walk in wardrobe with a number of stacked boxes. "But, when you're paranoid and don't trust State," she continued, lifting down a box after checking the number, "sometimes things get misfiled." She picked a sealed bag with a bloodied piece of fabric from the box and put the rest back. "I realised I had this in the wrong box after they'd been," she fibbed. "Reasoned it might be needed one day..."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"What is she..." Messalca asked, looking out to where Sana was now tapping away on the computer keyboard. The Sheriff made for the door but Seena stopped her with a grin.
"Allow me, Sheriff," she said, raising a communicator. "What are you doing, Sana," she asked quietly.

The Fennec fell off her seat with a yelp. She pushed herself back up off the floor and stomped over to the door before opening it. "Don't DO that!"
"Whatcha doin', Sana," Seena asked sweetly.
"On MY computer and unauthorised to boot?"
"Oh," Sana said dismissively, "I was installing you some better firewalls whilst I was here."
Messalca huffed. "Those firewalls are the ones supplied by state!"
Sana shrugged. "They're quite good," she admitted. "It'd have taken me ten minutes to break them. Mine'll take thirty."
Messalca peered at her. "Ask next time." She looked back at Hive. "Where were we before recess?"
Hivemind, while all of that was going on, was scanning the blood on the rag Messalca gave him. "Scan complete. I'm running the DNA against Jaken's medical records." Hivemind paused for a minute, then spoke up again. "One question answered, and more come up. The DNA on this rag is not from any relative of Jaken, let alone someone as close as a father. Jaken's father is still alive. Or, he at least wasn't killed in the attack on his house. Of course, that raises a few more questions. Where is he, and who does this blood belong to?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hope you're right," Jaken sighed. "Not sure I'd be a good Hunter anyway," he admitted, looking like that was the worst thing in the world to admit before he opened up a portal to another building.
"Jaken..." The Lycan kneeled down in front of Jaken so he was at eye level while Tempest went through the portal. "Take it from an old hunter. There are far more important things than hunting. We need your help with those things. Things like saving these people. You are a massive help to anyone you are with, and that's why we need you here. This is the important work, and the place where the help is most needed."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"...Pigeon," Corp asked before working it out. "Oh. Flipping the bird? It, uh, refers to an offensive gesture that expresses dissatisfaction or annoyance, Sal-Hleel. I don't know why they use that term though."
"Oh... Well... That explain a lot..." Sal-Hleel said thoughtfully.

Hlaoroo wrote:Conall looks at his paws thoughtfully before looking back up at Hivemind.
"Dae ye think Ah cuid change anythin' helpful like tha'? Ah cannae see mah power bein' tae helpful in th' grand scheme o' things. For personal use, sure, but nae in th' grand scheme o' things."
"Conall, you can summon digital items. You really can't think of a practical application for that?" Hivemind asked. "See someone injured, you can pull up a video game and pull out a healing potion. Need to save a bus falling off a bridge? Try the Golden Gauntlets from Ocarina of Time. Slip them on and you'd be able to lift the bus and put it somewhere safe. With a power like yours, pretty much anything you need to help others is at your fingertips. Of course you can help change things."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Considering I think I just saw one who got reduced to hamburger regenerate, anything that thins their numbers without leaving bits behind is worth trying." Talya states, the worried tone sounding bizare in the GLaDOS-esque voice she usually sports.

- - - -
Legotron123 wrote:”So he’s from a species that takes a very active approach to raising their kids, and he hasn’t fully caught on that you’re not.” Liz observed, taking another bite of her hamburger before continuing. ”Unfortunately, I don’t really have advice on how to deal with that. Most species in my dimension took a very community focused approach to child raising, so I don’t exactly have a lot of experience with the way your species does things.”
"I... Guess?" June half states half asks before her eyes flicker again. Once more she's wincing in pain and clapping webbed digits over eyes that just snapped shut. "OW! Ow, yes. Yes he is. Stop going off just because I like being right about things, stupid hair trigger Gift... Sorry, I... It's my Gift. I over used it earlier, and now that the adrenaline is gone, I can actually... feel it..."

it takes her a few moments to realize what she just said. "except I'm Kaal... I don't have adrenaline, or nerves, I shouldn't be able to feel that, ever... what the heck?"

((Totes a legit mystery, not at all me hastily covering up a plothole i made a dozen posts back...))
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana floated gently down the shaft towards her allies. "If worst comes to worst I can use my full power on the freaks. I mean, unless they can shock, freeze or evaporate me, I'm one of the top candidates to fight them. Though, I suppose that it depends on those things tensile strength and resistance to crushing." She paused peering up from where they exited. "I could at least keep them busy until those more capable of containing or destroying them could come along." Her head tilted to the side as her comments drifted more towards herself than anyone else, "But that is assuming other floors are not as lethal and that the initial target is a simple procurement and does not have dangers or tricks at hand..." Her modulated voice trailed off as she floated just behind Jenny and Kol's entry point.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I get the feeling," Corp said, looking towards June for a moment, "that there were differences to normal in your... birth?"
-----------------
"Beg pardon," Jenny called to the Gear and Hannabelle, "coming through!" With Kol watching to the front of her, Jenny watched behind them, weapon ready.
"Some people have no subtlety," Hannabelle mooted before stepping down and taking her hands from around Gear's neck. "If you keep doing that you'll HAVE to buy me dinner sometime," she remarked.
-----------------
"Rather good questions," Messalca admitted. "They'd probably been excised from the official records even if we had access to them!" She looked around quickly as a little head vanished from outside the window. "Why are..?" She went close to the window and looked out. "Half the school is... Why..?" She looked at Hivemind and rolled her eyes. "Oh, of course..."
Sana grinned. "Autograph time, squire?"
----------------
Golta mused on which restaurant to try. He had a few coins on him and, just because the Blue Killranger had once convinced the rest to try cooked meat, wondered which ones served it...
---------------
"But... I should learn to fight, even if I can't k..." He found he couldn't even finish the word and 'accidentally' stubbed his 'toe' to distract himself and hopped through the portal. "You'd have trouble catching me, sir," he said cheekily, "if I were trying to run."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Sort of? Normally, it takes a day or two cause we loose a lot of bits fighting the hosts immune response during the first part of spreading into the mind." june answered, gesturing vaguely at corp's skull with a rib, then pausing to bite it in half and crunch it up before continuing.

"Got lucky, Mine was having an ann-a-ful-... can't remember how that word ends. immune system going crazy and attacking itself, that reaction to dad's fur. it gave me an easy time of getting around it. She was suppressed in under an hour, fully infested within four."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:"Conall, you can summon digital items. You really can't think of a practical application for that?" Hivemind asked. "See someone injured, you can pull up a video game and pull out a healing potion. Need to save a bus falling off a bridge? Try the Golden Gauntlets from Ocarina of Time. Slip them on and you'd be able to lift the bus and put it somewhere safe. With a power like yours, pretty much anything you need to help others is at your fingertips. Of course you can help change things."
"Tha's an interestin' point, actually. Ah dinnae ken if things Ah summon will keep their magical properties or if it'll just be a physical copy. Ah'll need tae experiment... Imagine if it was possible tae summon th' Infinity Gauntlet!" The collie's mind is both boggled and terrified by the possibilities.

~~~~~~~~
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"'Ah'd 'ave 'ad t' try'n stop ye," Sarah mused before winking, "E'en with youse 'aving' a Claymore!"
"Nae, ye wouldnae! Ah'd be educatin' them fer ye. Ye dinnae hae tae stop tha' so long as Ah dinnae dae any permanent damage." Cailean grins mischievously.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp huffed. "Hate that word, yeah." He nodded to June. "Your 'birth' was different to normal so you're a bit different, too. Like all of us. Figure we should change the subject though. Some of the others are looking discomfited."
------------
"True," Sarah agreed, putting her hand on his. "Yer could call it 'trainin', after all."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”If you can maintain control of them long enough to make them walk into my hammerspace pocket, then we could just take care of them on The Beacon.” Quint said to the Legion, fiddling around with the suit controls to make sure everything was ready. ”I am good to go whenever you are.”
-
”Indeed. Most tend to disagree with my views regarding biology as appropriate dinner conversation.” Liz said, concurring with Corp as she took another bite of her hamburger. ”On a different topic, you said your dad gave you that suit, right? What’s it made of?”

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Considering I think I just saw one who got reduced to hamburger regenerate, anything that thins their numbers without leaving bits behind is worth trying." Talya states, the worried tone sounding bizare in the GLaDOS-esque voice she usually sports.
Legotron123 wrote:”If you can maintain control of them long enough to make them walk into my hammerspace pocket, then we could just take care of them on The Beacon.” Quint said to the Legion, fiddling around with the suit controls to make sure everything was ready. ”I am good to go whenever you are.”
"Right then. It's best to try this while the shields are still up, so, here goes."

The lights in Legion's eyes went out, and the droid collapsed onto the floor. In an instant, the previously boiling room went frigid cold, dropping to exactly 0 Celsius. The creatures on the other side of the shields continued slashing at them from all sides. Nearly one hundred of them, all pounding the hard light like a drum. Then, a few of them stopped, gripped their heads, and started shrieking with pain and fury. They clawed at their own skulls, as if trying to rip something out of their heads. Then, more of them stopped attacking the shields and did the same. Then even more did. Soon, all of the creatures were fighting were acting like they were trying to pull something out of them that shouldn't be there.

Then, they stopped. Many of them went limp, slumping over as though they were sleeping while still standing. Others had their eyes glaze over, unfocused on anything and staring off towards nothing in particular. One of them opened it's eyes. It walked awkwardly toward the shields like it's limbs were being pulled on strings. It's clawed hand raised up, and knocked three times on the shield. "Open... the... Barrier... Let... us... imprison them..." It was the clicking voice of the monster, but it was speaking in clear English.

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana floated gently down the shaft towards her allies. "If worst comes to worst I can use my full power on the freaks. I mean, unless they can shock, freeze or evaporate me, I'm one of the top candidates to fight them. Though, I suppose that it depends on those things tensile strength and resistance to crushing." She paused peering up from where they exited. "I could at least keep them busy until those more capable of containing or destroying them could come along." Her head tilted to the side as her comments drifted more towards herself than anyone else, "But that is assuming other floors are not as lethal and that the initial target is a simple procurement and does not have dangers or tricks at hand..." Her modulated voice trailed off as she floated just behind Jenny and Kol's entry point.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Beg pardon," Jenny called to the Gear and Hannabelle, "coming through!" With Kol watching to the front of her, Jenny watched behind them, weapon ready.
"Some people have no subtlety," Hannabelle mooted before stepping down and taking her hands from around Gear's neck. "If you keep doing that you'll HAVE to buy me dinner sometime," she remarked.
"There might'a been a time where I'd take ya up on that. Then I got bitten in half an' turned into a cyborg. Tends to ruin dinner dates when "eating" involves openin' my abdomen an' changin' out the cyber sludge container." Gear stepped up through the broken elevator doorway and into the hall behind Kol, Jenny, Tatiana, and Angel team.

The as the group walked down the hallway toward the underground bunker, Archangel piped up. "Everyone, I just got a message from Titan. According to the survivors on some of the other floors, the guards have been given orders to shoot any intruder on sight. They're carrying upgraded weapons, so they can do a lot of damage."

"Maybe they don't know it's us?" Recon suggested, shrugging.

"And what do you suppose the odds are of that?" Gadgeteer responded.

"Just trying to be optimistic."

"Recon, scout ahead. See what's waiting for us."

Recon complied, activated her armor's cloaking device, and vanished. There was a rush of wind when she ran off, and yet again when she returned and uncloaked seconds later. "They're just around the corner. Six guys. One commander or general or some high ranking Celican, three in medium armor, and two in heavy mech suits. They're standing in front of the door to the bunker."

Archangel stopped at the corner and called out to them. "Lower your weapons! We're Champions!"

"If you are, prove it!" a voice called back.

Archangel reached into his pocket and pulled out his holographic ID. He turned it on and raised the display, maximizing the hologram's size to make it readable to the people down the hall. He held it out around the corner to show them.

"Acknowledged. Everyone, hold your fire."

Archangel cautiously stepped out from around the corner. "I appreciate it."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:""Rather good questions," Messalca admitted. "They'd probably been excised from the official records even if we had access to them!" She looked around quickly as a little head vanished from outside the window. "Why are..?" She went close to the window and looked out. "Half the school is... Why..?" She looked at Hivemind and rolled her eyes. "Oh, of course..."
Sana grinned. "Autograph time, squire?"

Hivemind looked at the kids gathering outside and laughed. "I get so used to everyone on the Beacon being used to me I forget sometimes how people see me planet side." He stepped up to the window and looked out at the people gathered. "Well, we can't really continue discussing this matter with the kids watching. Too much confidential information. So unless there's an even more private room we can continue to discuss this in, I should probably address the fans out there before we continue."

The fake Zabta would find herself suddenly in an interrogation room, brought there from her own room in the digital prison. "Frasca Horvak," Hivemind's voice spoke around her. "I have a question for you. Jaken's father is alive. Where is he?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Golta mused on which restaurant to try. He had a few coins on him and, just because the Blue Killranger had once convinced the rest to try cooked meat, wondered which ones served it...

He would find that most restaurants served cooked meat, as eating meat raw or alive is actually quite rare (pun not intended). However, most places didn't accept the coins he had, or were too pricey to afford with pocket change. The exception to this was, of course, the Public Kitchen run by Hivemind.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"But... I should learn to fight, even if I can't k..." He found he couldn't even finish the word and 'accidentally' stubbed his 'toe' to distract himself and hopped through the portal. "You'd have trouble catching me, sir," he said cheekily, "if I were trying to run."

"I agree." The Lycan said, jumping through the portal as well. "You should learn how to defend yourself and others. That said, you don't want to start learning in an actual combat scenario. Best start learning in a controlled environment, like a Beacon training room."

Hlaoroo wrote:"Tha's an interestin' point, actually. Ah dinnae ken if things Ah summon will keep their magical properties or if it'll just be a physical copy. Ah'll need tae experiment... Imagine if it was possible tae summon th' Infinity Gauntlet!" The collie's mind is both boggled and terrified by the possibilities.

"I could help you find that out later today if you'd like." Hivemind offered. "Not the Infinity Gauntlet though. I can't imagine the Aspects would like something like that in the universe, so it probably wouldn't work."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Just for good measure, Jenny held out her own ID for scanning as well. "Jenny Miles, IOC special Agent 1 dash 13 oblique delta. Can you identify yourselves, please?" She readied her own wrist computer to validate as she stepped towards them casually, watching for any sudden moves.
---------------------
"You've never been to dinner with a Celican," Hannabelle mused, getting ready for combat, especially after working out the military were nearby. "We sometimes need our own dining room."
--------------------
"Hah," Messalca guffawed, "go right ahead. My people are keeping the town closed so it's safe enough."
-------------------
'Zabta' sat forward and put her front arms don on the desk. "You're sure I know," she stated. "I'm sure you know that means there's something for the information. So," she added casually, "what's in it for me?"
-------------------
The NotJaken sniffed the air as though the boy was really there. Stale. Putrid. Dusty without the impulse to sneeze. Strange. Death mingled with waste and water and the moaning of those still alive down here. Training, he decided, could wait as he pushed through the dark in search of his quarry. Like the Iron Tail would.

And the Iron Tail's brush tail emblem appeared on his forehead, where he couldn't see it. "Got one," he said as he found an unconscious older Vixen. "Not sure 'bout moving her. "
--------------------
Golten, feeling brave at heart in his seven years, decided the Public Kitchen was probably his only bet as it said the food was pretty much free and, plus, he could see it on the map and work out where it was. He dodged around stone creatures, things with six arms and one leg, some thing that looked quite tasty but skittered away, a green, gel-like, blob, humans and other weird things in his way until he found his way to the kitchen and got to the serving point. He looked up at the Hivebot and tried to decide. "I'd like some meat, please, sir."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"True," Sarah agreed, putting her hand on his. "Yer could call it 'trainin', after all."
"Exactly! It's fer their own good!" Cailean agrees, putting his free paw on top of Sarah's.
"Thank ye fer taeday, by th' wye. Ah learned a lot. And Ah had a great time." he says sincerely, leaning in to kiss her.

~~~~~~~~
CyberDragon wrote:"I could help you find that out later today if you'd like." Hivemind offered. "Not the Infinity Gauntlet though. I can't imagine the Aspects would like something like that in the universe, so it probably wouldn't work."
"Thank ye. Ah'd appreciate tha'. Ah'd like tae ken exactly what Ah'm capable o' doin'." Conall signs, his expression one of sincerity. "But what dae ye mean by th' Aspects?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Ulrich watched with interest as the creatures slowly succumbed to the ghosts. He snapped his fingers and the barrier vanished, though he kept at the ready just in case Legion lost any sort of control over the creatures.

------

Collins and Norwood looked up as Jaken mentioned something about another injured Celican, "Anything twisted at an odd angle?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Once the forcefields had dropped, Quint opened up his Hammerspace pocket, making the entrance wide enough for multiple people to walk through it at the same time. ”Well, here you go. Time to place these things in the same pocket dimension Kolt uses to store leftovers.” He said, trying to position himself behind the gateway so he wasn’t the first thing the creatures would see if they broke loose.
(Will post Liz’ section once Buster responds)

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Um... I'm not sure. Not Spandex?" June stated looking over her outfit before hooking a claw into the cuff around her neck, pulling a thread loose from one of the singed sections and sticking it in her mouth. "Not a polymer. Tastes like some kind of silicoid material."

- - - - -

the twins don't dump their charge or release target lock until every last one is in containment.

- - - - -

Letting jenny down as they approached the corner that there was an aparent ambush on the other side of, and not entirely buying it quietly comments, "Send Tatiana's spare suit in first in case they're lying? Fixing the armor nobody's in is probably easier than fixing people..."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We'll work on jobs t'morrow," Sarah agreed, leaning in to kiss Cailean properly, seemingly forgetting the fact they were in public.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Just for good measure, Jenny held out her own ID for scanning as well. "Jenny Miles, IOC special Agent 1 dash 13 oblique delta. Can you identify yourselves, please?" She readied her own wrist computer to validate as she stepped towards them casually, watching for any sudden moves.
"Colonel Andrew Williams." the officer replied. "Procurement Division. The others are Monta's personal guards." Jenny's wrist computer would show he was telling the truth.

The others didn't respond, but started lowering their weapons.
Buster wrote:Letting jenny down as they approached the corner that there was an aparent ambush on the other side of, and not entirely buying it quietly comments, "Send Tatiana's spare suit in first in case they're lying? Fixing the armor nobody's in is probably easier than fixing people..."
"That probably would have been a good idea, yeah." Gadgeteer said, stepping out from around the corner. Immediately all five of the Celicans raised their weapons again and trained them on the Varanian Champion. "WOAH, WOAH, WOAH! Easy! I'm a champion too! Gadgeteer! Angel four!"

"Lower your weapons." Archangel demanded, "He's with us."

They complied, for now.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You've never been to dinner with a Celican," Hannabelle mused, getting ready for combat, especially after working out the military were nearby. "We sometimes need our own dining room."
"So I've heard..." Gear said a bit uncomfortably. "Ya'd have to forgive me if I said 'no' to a place that serves live meat. Again, havin' been 'live meat' before, it'd be a bit in poor taste." he said, gesturing to the mechanical lower half of his body that he earlier said had been bitten off.

------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hah," Messalca guffawed, "go right ahead. My people are keeping the town closed so it's safe enough."
Hivemind nodded and stepped outside to address the crowd of children that had gathered next to the building. As he started signing autographs and taking photos with the fans, he talked to Messalca between signatures and photos. "Have you been made aware yet that the invasion is over?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:'Zabta' sat forward and put her front arms don on the desk. "You're sure I know," she stated. "I'm sure you know that means there's something for the information. So," she added casually, "what's in it for me?"
"What's in it for you?" Hivemind's voice echoed around her. "You realize where you are, and what you are, don't you? You're in the server. You are data. Parameters in a simulation I control. What you get is I don't turn your arms and legs off for the next 72 hours and extract the information from your mind by force. There was a chance that I would have rewarded your cooperation with more comfortable accommodations, but simply asking that has put that possibility in jeopardy. Now answer the question. And don't lie. I'll be able to tell."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:The NotJaken sniffed the air as though the boy was really there. Stale. Putrid. Dusty without the impulse to sneeze. Strange. Death mingled with waste and water and the moaning of those still alive down here. Training, he decided, could wait as he pushed through the dark in search of his quarry. Like the Iron Tail would.

And the Iron Tail's brush tail emblem appeared on his forehead, where he couldn't see it. "Got one," he said as he found an unconscious older Vixen. "Not sure 'bout moving her. "
Deske wrote:Collins and Norwood looked up as Jaken mentioned something about another injured Celican, "Anything twisted at an odd angle?"
The Lycan ran over to where Jaken had found the Vixen. "We need to get her out of here." He turned to Tempest. "Morgan, do you think you could...?"

Tempest nodded, her smile not showing through the helmet visor. She pulled a bunch of water out of the air and carefully encased the Vixen in it before freezing the water and using it to carefully lift the Vixen up and out through Jaken's portal. "Several rib fractures and both legs are broken." She said to the doctors.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Golten, feeling brave at heart in his seven years, decided the Public Kitchen was probably his only bet as it said the food was pretty much free and, plus, he could see it on the map and work out where it was. He dodged around stone creatures, things with six arms and one leg, some thing that looked quite tasty but skittered away, a green, gel-like, blob, humans and other weird things in his way until he found his way to the kitchen and got to the serving point. He looked up at the Hivebot and tried to decide. "I'd like some meat, please, sir."
Hivemind looked up from what he was doing behind the counter and smiled (Civilian droids are built with more expression than combat ones). "Sure thing, Golten. What kind of meat would you like? Steak? Chicken? Fish? Something else? Got just about anything here." Hivemind turned around and started up the replicator. "Do your parents know you're here? Not that you're not supposed to be here, but it's best if they aren't worried."

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thank ye. Ah'd appreciate tha'. Ah'd like tae ken exactly what Ah'm capable o' doin'." Conall signs, his expression one of sincerity. "But what dae ye mean by th' Aspects?"
"I'll save you the complicated answer to that question." Hivemind said, shaking his head. "Simple version is they are very powerful entities. Omnipotent, actually. They balance each other out most of the time, so usually they can't do anything on their own. When they all agree on something, however, reality itself is shaped by their wills. Something like the infinity gauntlet, an item that can fall into the wrong hands and wipe out all life in the universe, is bad for all of the aspects. As a result, things like that can't exist."

Legotron123 wrote:Once the forcefields had dropped, Quint opened up his Hammerspace pocket, making the entrance wide enough for multiple people to walk through it at the same time. ”Well, here you go. Time to place these things in the same pocket dimension Kolt uses to store leftovers.” He said, trying to position himself behind the gateway so he wasn’t the first thing the creatures would see if they broke loose.
(Will post Liz’ section once Buster responds)
Buster wrote:the twins don't dump their charge or release target lock until every last one is in containment.
Deske wrote:Ulrich watched with interest as the creatures slowly succumbed to the ghosts. He snapped his fingers and the barrier vanished, though he kept at the ready just in case Legion lost any sort of control over the creatures.
The moment the barrier dropped, the creatures started shuffling forward like zombies, their eyes glazed over as they moved toward the portal. One of them was even doing a spider walk on the ceiling, but got pulled back down into line by a larger one of the possessed creatures. The ghost in the larger creature then criticized the ghost in the smaller, spider walking creature for watching too many horror movies when alive.

"Come on, we're ghosts! How can we not make horror movie references?" the voice of the ghost sounded before they both walked through the portal.

Once all of the creatures were through the portal, they collapsed unconscious. The Legion droid turned back on and stood up. "Best close that portal before they wake up."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We'll work on jobs t'morrow," Sarah agreed, leaning in to kiss Cailean properly, seemingly forgetting the fact they were in public.
Cailean returns the kiss, savouring the moment. He's not sure how long it lasts but when he finally pulls back he simply gazes into Sarah's eyes for a long moment, his heart fluttering in his chest.
"Hae Ah told ye lately tha' Ah love ye, hen? Because Ah dae."

~~~~~~~~
"Sae... Are ye sayin' they're gods?" Conall asks in wonder.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good to meet you, Colonel," Jenny said, offering him a handshake. "Now," she continued after, looking to the others, "it would help if we could get to Monta fairly quickly. We need to get him out of here, yeah?" She half smiled. "Not to mention I think Hivemind wants to offer him a deal to do with these brilliant guns of yours, yeah? Not seen many guns that can deal with even the grunts so well.|" Of course she kept the other reason Hive 'wanted a word' with Monta to herself. Sometimes personal bodyguards did their job beyond reason.
--------------
"You make such an inviting case," 'Zabta' said, putting her simulated feet on the simulated desk. "Compartmentalised means compartmentalised. Things were kept very tight to the fur by all involved." She paused. "I can't tell much because I don't know much but... You might have a bit of luck on Cras. I know they used a safe house on that Colony for the three of us at least. Shipped us there to 'acclimatise' to our new identities and shipped us back. Stasis didn't quite take effect quickly enough and I saw it was an old X-14 cargo transport. They only run from Cras as the colony government bought the company. Which then collapsed."
-------------
"Hmm, probably best to change the subject anyhow," Hannabelle suggested, "or I'm going to remember I've not eaten for quite some time." She kept an action ready look despite the chat. "So what did you do to get out of the life," she asked.
------------
"Kinda figured that when the shuttles stopped flying over," Messalca commented, shooing away a couple of Kits who were 'coming back for seconds' on the autograph front. "Take it that was you?"
------------
Off to one side, Seena held up her communicator and, using her power, spoke into it. "Seena to Colorado," she said, "sitrep please, sexy?"
------------
The NotJaken could hear someone calling for help weakly. He followed the sound over to a pile of rubble. "I can hear something," he said, carefully working from the top of the pile to try and avoid any falling masonry. He stopped after a minute and looked at the pipe ending that the voice was coming from. "I need some help, sirs!"
------------
"Um... I dunno," Golten said optimistically, "what sort of meat did YOU like? Um, I THINK they noticed me go," he admitted, regarding his folks, "Corvis was kinda acting up so I wanted to practice my stalking. Harder since I can't see what others are doing now," he half griped.
------------
"Aye," Sarah said, "bu' it's al'aes good t' hear 'I love you', isn't it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As soon as all of the beasts were through the portal, Quint closed it, trapping them inside. Breathing a sigh of relief, he turned around to face the others. ”I am glad that is over with.” He said, gazing down at his suits control gauntlet for a bit before shaking his head and looking back up. ”Let us go catch up with the others. They could need our help.”
-
Liz gave a “hmm” noise as she finished off her hamburger. ”Interesting. Do you mind if I have a look? I might be able to identify it.” She said, gently extending a hand out to take any offered piece of the suit.

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

there's a hiss as both pairs of canons are flushed with coolant, the majority of the gel exiting the venting slits in the sides of the barrels as a thin scalding hot mist as the weapons power down. Kobor sticks with the team while his system bolts for the nearest computer,uses her tail blade to cut a panel off the casing and starts working on linking her drone's remote interface to the local hardware.

>>Yo, Hive, i have a tentative connection to the facility's computer, hope a crudely spliced IO cable is enough connection for you to get in. Transferring drone control to your network. see if you can find anything useful about proper containment or disposal of the freaks.

- - - - -

Grabbing the gloves tucked into her belt June wordlessly hands one over. Not speaking as she's not really sure why corp was insistent on the subject change and worried she said something insulting.