Reply to topic  [ 2856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9794
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I was referring to the work in my head," Zabta declared, "and I presume there's a signal jammer in here or something as I haven't gone 'pop' yet. That'll be a headache." To her side, still restrained, the Chief was declaring that he'd give her a headache if he got free, only without using polite words. "As for the rest? You'll have to take it. And I'll make it easier on you. I'm the one ordered the hit on Jakenic Darmista. I think you know him, yes?"
---------------------------------------------------
Corp followed on as they were led into the room but he said little. He was already working on assembling the list of the STEELHAVEN survivors and those who hadn't. He wasn't sure which list to put Nocturl on.
--------------------------------------------------
"You can put that in a trust for Golten and Corvis this time," Hannabelle replied, talking of the money. "Don't tell them, of course. My world's under attack. This isn't business, it's duty." She kept her attention on the surroundings as the others talked.
-------------------------------------------------
"I'll do what I can," the NotJaken said simply, "but soldiers wont want to run." He opened a portal some five feet from the wounded. The medic looked up at him. "'S' a rescue portal," Jaken said through the hole. "C'mon!" The medic looked in and called that he couldn't move the wounded. Jaken grimaced and strained, deciding to bring the portal to them and pulling the entrance over them to bring them in next to him before he puffed and started on the second one. The medic looked around in confusion.
------------------------------------------------
"Always figured you were," Jenny told Kolt, putting a hand on his shoulder. "'Least the suit agrees, huh?"
-----------------------------------------------
Sarah said she'd be back in a moment and just popped around to make sure Conall was in bed before returning and slipping between the covers to watch the TV.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:44 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2262
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Ah suppose we shuid make sure." Cailean remarks, reaching for the TV remote.
"Hae ye checked on Conall taedae yet?"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah said she'd be back in a moment and just popped around to make sure Conall was in bed before returning and slipping between the covers to watch the TV.


The news was talking about the Varanian invasion when they turned the TV on. There was some footage from the battle below showing Hive droids and champions holding back the invaders as the Celican soldiers and civilians were evacuated. They also talked about how Hivemind and the Champions had captured the enemy fleet, prompting the alert from before to end.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3082
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Yeah it’s just.... I’ve always had trouble convincing myself of that. Lila was always good at it, but...” Kolt trailed off, an interesting thought popping into his head. ”Hey, I don’t suppose you’d know where Li.. oh.” He turned to address the possessed suit, only to find Tatiana had already merged with it. ”I...... never mind.” He said, sounding disappointed at the missed opportunity.
-
Liz looked at Snowball for a second before speaking out. ”Yeah, feels kind of weird seeing a cat like that.” She said before slowly reaching her hand out to touch and acquire the fluffy little creature.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:47 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2262
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
The doctors stepped up into the transports, opting to ride closer to the door than they had in the Albatross.
"I spy with my little-," Romeo began before almost immediately being interrupted by another medic who was busy inventorying his supplies. "Trees," he said, almost entirely uninterested in the game.
"I don't think mind reading is very fair."

Denver looked out the door, turning to a Hivedroid after the failed game of I Spy had commenced, "Can you ever actually talk to yourself or do you always know what you're going to say because it's still technically you?"


"No, I can't talk to myself. My other bodies aren't technically me, they are me. I don't have telepathically linked but separate minds. It's all the same mind for each robot you see." Hivemind replied as the transports headed off down the road to their next destination.

--------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I was referring to the work in my head," Zabta declared, "and I presume there's a signal jammer in here or something as I haven't gone 'pop' yet. That'll be a headache." To her side, still restrained, the Chief was declaring that he'd give her a headache if he got free, only without using polite words. "As for the rest? You'll have to take it. And I'll make it easier on you. I'm the one ordered the hit on Jakenic Darmista. I think you know him, yes?"


"Ah. You have a remotely accessible chip in your brain then? That makes this much easier." Hivemind said, completely ignoring her comment about Jaken, though still making note of it.

[Warning: Unauthorized access detected]
[Initiating Self-Destruct]
[Warning: Self-Destruct aborted]
[Warning: Self-Destruct capabilities disabled]
[War@#(&(]
[Access granted]

Well then. Let's get this over with. Zabta would hear hivemind's voice, but it wasn't external. His voice was in her head and in her thoughts. Then, he started pulling her memories out, to the front of her mind where he could see them.

--------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"You can put that in a trust for Golten and Corvis this time," Hannabelle replied, talking of the money. "Don't tell them, of course. My world's under attack. This isn't business, it's duty." She kept her attention on the surroundings as the others talked.


"Will do." Hivemind said. He left it at that. They needed to get moving again soon.

--------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I'll do what I can," the NotJaken said simply, "but soldiers wont want to run." He opened a portal some five feet from the wounded. The medic looked up at him. "'S' a rescue portal," Jaken said through the hole. "C'mon!" The medic looked in and called that he couldn't move the wounded. Jaken grimaced and strained, deciding to bring the portal to them and pulling the entrance over them to bring them in next to him before he puffed and started on the second one. The medic looked around in confusion.


As Jaken said, the soldiers were refusing to leave their positions. Finally Hivemind got fed up with arguing with them. One of the heavy droids swiped the rifle from a soldier's hands. The droid punched an approaching armored Varanian to the floor, pinned him under it's foot, and fired the rifle point blank full power and full auto into the Varanian's face until the gun's power was completely drained. He then tossed the rifle back to the soldier and punted the Varanian (who was completely unaffected by the gun, and very angry) away. "Honor is one thing. Dying for no reason is another. If you stayed before we got here, that's honor. Now that we're here, it's just dying for no reason. Get out of here."

--------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz looked at Snowball for a second before speaking out. ”Yeah, feels kind of weird seeing a cat like that.” She said before slowly reaching her hand out to touch and acquire the fluffy little creature.


The cat collapsed in Hivemind's arms when it was acquired. Hivemind panicked for a moment and checked on Snowball. After making sure the cat was OK, he turned his attention to Liz again.

--------------------------------

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana's new shell opened as well, her purple, fluid self entering into her older shell, feeling a sense of comfort as it closed. She let out a light sigh, enjoying the familiarity of her old shell, before speaking in a much calmer voice than previous, "If you really are the one who healed my shell back on the beach I guess I can cut ya some slack, what with the whole 'possessing my shell thing.' Sorry Hive, about not using the new one. Just feels right using this old number." She floated her rifle and electricity gun from her new shell to her old and rolled her shell's shoulders, feeling right at home. "Well, if you haven't got anything imperitive to tell us mr Healy Glow, then I believe we've stood still long enough. Oh, and... sorry for the outburst. Just didn't like the idea of someone messing with my old shell like that."


There was no response. The light had faded, leaving behind only a sense of comfort.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Yeah it’s just.... I’ve always had trouble convincing myself of that. Lila was always good at it, but...” Kolt trailed off, an interesting thought popping into his head. ”Hey, I don’t suppose you’d know where Li.. oh.” He turned to address the possessed suit, only to find Tatiana had already merged with it. ”I...... never mind.” He said, sounding disappointed at the missed opportunity.


"Diligitis is part of your mind, Kolt. If you have a question, you can ask him any time. Not now though, since we have a Varanian Juggernaut on it's way and I'd rather it didn't notice us moving through these buildi- GET DOWN!"

BOOM!!!
An explosive shell just hit the ground in front of the shop they were in. The wall exploded inward, taking out the support for the ceiling. Chunks of the building above started falling down. "Everybody, move! To the next room before the place comes down on our heads!" He commanded. He grabbed one of the Celican guards who was still trying to figure out what just happened with the possessed suit and pulled him out of the way of a falling section of the ceiling.

- - - - -

MT was flying overhead when he saw the Juggernaut. It was half a block long and almost too wide to fit on the main road. That didn't seem to deter it, though, as it plowed through any obstical in it's way including buildings. It had a collossal main cannon, a mortar battery on it's back, and heavy machine gun turrets lining it's sides and firing high explosive semi-armor piercing ammunition. "That... could present a problem."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9794
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Zabta sat back in her seat and gripped the arm rests as her memories were brought full force into her mind. Memories of college, advocating closer ties with other races and being continually reminded that Celicans stood apart from other races. Better, tougher, apex predators despite the growing calls. Weakness lay in collusion with other races was the cry of the high politician. She'd found others and their faces loomed as small units had formed to try and force the government and businesses to open the borders more. Secret meetings with advocates and emissaries had occurred and alliances were sought but it was university pipe dreams. Until...

{blank}

then she'd met a Celican she never really saw. She'd panicked as the blur had walked towards her and spoke in a modulated voice of how she could serve them. Plans were in motion and he'd explained how they'd taken her one night and operated on her. She'd been openly hostile then but had resigned herself to it over the next year or so, seeing the blurr on too many occasions. And he'd said only things she agreed with. Or they had. Never seeing him/them clearly but, sometimes, noting that he didn't catch things she'd said on previous encounters. How they could unify the people and advance Celica in the cosmos and break the stalemate of arrogance holding the people back whilst still keeping pride and so on. And she agreed with every word. A lot of people would have to die. She knew that. A lot of people tended to die anyway, that was life. If it worked so others could have a longer, better, life then it was an honourable thing. They, the confederation, were putting people into key positions - both business and political - that would help Celica recover. Many of those faces were blurrs too but some had had to give themselves away by signing the works contracts.

She remembered the surgeon altering her bone structure and fur patterns. She remembered the lights in her eyes and the smell of the chemical whitener.

She remembered her last meeting with the blurr after sending out the message. They'd been agitated by something. All they'd said was that they never should have let him go to the Dogs but they'd shut up as soon as they'd seen her. They'd told her what to do and what they'd do if she didn't.

She remembered her feelings the first time she'd met the President. Her fears that he'd work out she wasn't the real Zabta. He hadn't quite. He'd never quite been at ease with her but they'd worked together well. They'd agreed on some things, not on others. She'd grown to respect him as she hoped he had her.

She broke his neck in the first bombardment. He'd looked so surprised. She'd almost let him live but she'd thought about what they'd do to her and decided. Better him than her so she'd done it. Then she'd just thrown him down the stairs of the presidential office as the building shook and run past looking for help as they'd told her to. The president must have fallen on the stairs...
------------------------------------------
As the last of them ran through, possibly scared more by Hive than the Varanians, Jaken closed the portal and finally noted the medic was a young Vixen, no that much older than he was. She managed to get her charge stabilised with a medical pack and handed him off to a couple of his colleagues. "You're young to be front line, aren't you?"
"We're run thin," she said, "but we help where we can, don't we? And look who's talking." And she kissed him before grimacing.
"Yeah," the NotJaken said, "I'm kinda a remote controlled copy of the original. But an exact copy and he felt that and kinda liked it..."
"Good. Serves as reward," she said, before running to catch her squad up.
"...even if I have no idea what it was," both Jakens concluded lamely, the NotJaken putting his hand to where she'd left a bloodied handprint on his cheek.
----------------------------------------
"I think it's noticed," Jenny called, following Hive quickly with the others and Hannabelle.
"Well," the aging hunter said, pulling her rifle around to point it at the leviathon and pull the trigger, "now I feel dumb. Think you can hit that target, Hive?"
----------------------------------------
Sana kept working on the files.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:15 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12881
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Ah suppose we shuid make sure." Cailean remarks, reaching for the TV remote.
"Hae ye checked on Conall taedae yet?"

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah said she'd be back in a moment and just popped around to make sure Conall was in bed before returning and slipping between the covers to watch the TV.


The news was talking about the Varanian invasion when they turned the TV on. There was some footage from the battle below showing Hive droids and champions holding back the invaders as the Celican soldiers and civilians were evacuated. They also talked about how Hivemind and the Champions had captured the enemy fleet, prompting the alert from before to end.

"Ah guess ye were right, hen." Cailean observes. He yawns and stretches before heading to the bathroom. A few minutes later a flush followed by running water is heard before the dog emerges again and hunts in his cupboard for a fresh set of clothes.
"Ah guess we shuid find some breakfast. What dae ye fancy?"

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:25 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3082
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt was quick to put a forcefield over the group, trying to block any debris from falling on people. So what’s our strategy here?” He asked as he moved to the next room. ”Are we going to just keep trying to sneak away and hope that shoot was a fluke, or am I going to have to figure out how many kinds of weapons Mythos put in this suit?”
-
”Hmm. It seems the size of the creature determines how strongly it is affected when I acquire it. Food for thought.” Liz said, before starting the shift into her new cat form. Her body shrank as fur started to grow all over her body, and her fingers grew stubby as her nails turned into claws. A tail snaked it’s way out of her lower back, as her suit altered and shrank to fit her new body. After half a minute, the changes were finished, and she experimented with her new quadrupedal stance. After a few seconds, she looked up up at Hivemind and tried to tell him she was ready to start the test, only to realize that her new vocal cords couldn’t make those noises. She tried a few times to make a noise that sounded like what she wanted to say, before eventually giving up and walking over to the door to the test chamber, looking at Hivemind expectantly.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Last edited by Legotron123 on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:16 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3863
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kol it seems, has no intention of picking a fight with something that big and is behind cover surprisingly fast for a creature her size. "WHY ARE WE BEING CHASED BY A BOX-MACHINE BIG ENOUGH THAT THE GIANT METALSKIN FROM THE BEACH FIGHT COULD RIDE INSIDE IT?!"

apparently she has a limit for how crazy is too crazy.

- - - - - - -

>We're almost done. Kobor's going to need something to offload most of his neural mass into.
>Has to be living, 25 to 30kg is the smallest he can fit inside of, and he has a fondness for aquatic creatures.
>Iron-blooded species are the best, Hemocyanin Hemoplumbus and Hemoagent are harder to metabolize.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9794
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny crossed over to her friend and put a hand on her back. "C'mon, Kol," she encouraged, "we need you. You're one of the brightest people I know. I can't say for the others but I need my friend beside me to help me fight this thing."
"Cavewoman," Hannabelle called, "if you don't get up you're going to die right here. Cowering in an office on an alien world. Is that how you want this to end? Get up!"
------------------------------------
"I think the Cat wants to go in," Corp said dispassionately.
------------------------------------
Goltan and Corvis watched an episode of Kill Rangers and wondered about the edited bits.
-----------------------------------
"Ah, just some Shredded Wheat," Sarah said, getting up and heading for a quick shower herself.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana followed suit and quickly floated out of the collapsing building, her currently uninhabited shell floating along as well, still animate, if a bit more robotic than the shell Tatiana was in proper. Tatiana came to a stop in the other room awaiting further instructions, the two shells huddle together, Tatiana taking the sudden war machines appearance in decent stride. "Well, that's not good. Main objective here? Avoid or confront?"

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3845
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich casually shielded himself from some of the debris as he retreated from the room, gathering where the others had. "I do not think we have enough firepower to fight that alone. Do we have any reinforcements we can take advantage of? Or even any cover we can use against it?"
---------
Chris scanned over the massive Varanian, You kept some lethal weaponry, right? I don't think glue balls are going to stop this thing...
---------
"Mmm, what's it like? Exerting such a vast amount of control over what is effectively an entire civilization? Does it give you a sense of joy or pride knowing that you are the ultimate protector of all these people," Denver asked the bot. Meanwhile Romeo had tried to begin another game of I Spy with another medic, enjoying a bit more success with Aspen than he had with Norwood.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:27 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2262
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Zabta sat back in her seat and gripped the arm rests as her memories were brought full force into her mind. Memories of college, advocating closer ties with other races and being continually reminded that Celicans stood apart from other races. Better, tougher, apex predators despite the growing calls. Weakness lay in collusion with other races was the cry of the high politician. She'd found others and their faces loomed as small units had formed to try and force the government and businesses to open the borders more. Secret meetings with advocates and emissaries had occurred and alliances were sought but it was university pipe dreams. Until...

{blank}

then she'd met a Celican she never really saw. She'd panicked as the blur had walked towards her and spoke in a modulated voice of how she could serve them. Plans were in motion and he'd explained how they'd taken her one night and operated on her. She'd been openly hostile then but had resigned herself to it over the next year or so, seeing the blurr on too many occasions. And he'd said only things she agreed with. Or they had. Never seeing him/them clearly but, sometimes, noting that he didn't catch things she'd said on previous encounters. How they could unify the people and advance Celica in the cosmos and break the stalemate of arrogance holding the people back whilst still keeping pride and so on. And she agreed with every word. A lot of people would have to die. She knew that. A lot of people tended to die anyway, that was life. If it worked so others could have a longer, better, life then it was an honourable thing. They, the confederation, were putting people into key positions - both business and political - that would help Celica recover. Many of those faces were blurrs too but some had had to give themselves away by signing the works contracts.

She remembered the surgeon altering her bone structure and fur patterns. She remembered the lights in her eyes and the smell of the chemical whitener.

She remembered her last meeting with the blurr after sending out the message. They'd been agitated by something. All they'd said was that they never should have let him go to the Dogs but they'd shut up as soon as they'd seen her. They'd told her what to do and what they'd do if she didn't.

She remembered her feelings the first time she'd met the President. Her fears that he'd work out she wasn't the real Zabta. He hadn't quite. He'd never quite been at ease with her but they'd worked together well. They'd agreed on some things, not on others. She'd grown to respect him as she hoped he had her.

She broke his neck in the first bombardment. He'd looked so surprised. She'd almost let him live but she'd thought about what they'd do to her and decided. Better him than her so she'd done it. Then she'd just thrown him down the stairs of the presidential office as the building shook and run past looking for help as they'd told her to. The president must have fallen on the stairs...


Hivemind was silent for a moment as he witnessed NotZabta's memories and feelings. Then he "spoke" up. Good news is these memories have spared you from the Vault. They indicate at least some of your crimes were committed under coercion. The Vault isn't for pawns. You will instead be placed in the Server until your trial. Now... Let's see what we can do about that optical implant.

[Warning: Unau&(*^(%]
Oh, shut up.
[Access Granted]
[Accessing Facial Recognition Database]
[Downloading Database]

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
As the last of them ran through, possibly scared more by Hive than the Varanians, Jaken closed the portal and finally noted the medic was a young Vixen, no that much older than he was. She managed to get her charge stabilised with a medical pack and handed him off to a couple of his colleagues. "You're young to be front line, aren't you?"
"We're run thin," she said, "but we help where we can, don't we? And look who's talking." And she kissed him before grimacing.
"Yeah," the NotJaken said, "I'm kinda a remote controlled copy of the original. But an exact copy and he felt that and kinda liked it..."
"Good. Serves as reward," she said, before running to catch her squad up.
"...even if I have no idea what it was," both Jakens concluded lamely, the NotJaken putting his hand to where she'd left a bloodied handprint on his cheek.


Once all of the soldiers were gone, the hive droids unleashed. They washed over the Varanians like a tidal wave, leaping upon the armor and blasting it apart with repeated heavy weapon shots and kinetic beams at conflicting angles. More and more droids charged down the street, each one as large as and stronger than the Varanian forces they faces until the enemy was completely overwhelmed. By the time the droids moved on, the armored vehicles had been systematically dismantled and the Varanian soldiers lay in varying incapacitated states.

On the other side of the portal, Hivemind addressed Jaken. "How are you feeling? Think you'll be able to handle more?"

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I think it's noticed," Jenny called, following Hive quickly with the others and Hannabelle.
"Well," the aging hunter said, pulling her rifle around to point it at the leviathon and pull the trigger, "now I feel dumb. Think you can hit that target, Hive?"


"Yep, I think I can."

"Hornet missiles inbound. Stick to cover!"


Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt was quick to put a forcefield over the group, trying to block any debris from falling on people. So what’s our strategy here?” He asked as he moved to the next room. ”Are we going to just keep trying to sneak away and hope that shoot was a fluke, or am I going to have to figure out how many kinds of weapons Mythos put in this suit?”

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana followed suit and quickly floated out of the collapsing building, her currently uninhabited shell floating along as well, still animate, if a bit more robotic than the shell Tatiana was in proper. Tatiana came to a stop in the other room awaiting further instructions, the two shells huddle together, Tatiana taking the sudden war machines appearance in decent stride. "Well, that's not good. Main objective here? Avoid or confront?"


"Unfortunately it's in our way." Hivemind said. "And it's got us pinned down. We're going to have to take it out. Recon, we're going to distract that thing. Once it's occupied, get these guards to safety."

"Understood, Hive! Good luck, people!" Recon stated before gathering the Celicans together and preparing them to run for it.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich casually shielded himself from some of the debris as he retreated from the room, gathering where the others had. "I do not think we have enough firepower to fight that alone. Do we have any reinforcements we can take advantage of? Or even any cover we can use against it?"


"Y'all got me!" A familiar voice cheered on through the team's comm system.
"Gear! Your timing is impeccable. Where are you? We need some help against this Juggernaut."
"I'm ten miles out. Outskirts of the city on a hill. Give me five seconds."

Five... Four... Three... Two... One... ptiBang! POP! fzzzzz....
A bullet had sailed out of absolutely nowhere down from above and in the direction of a side street. It struck a light pole, bouncing off of it and striking the Juggernaut. The tank's shields burst like a balloon and the Juggernaut stalled as the bullet fired off an electromagnetic pulse.

"Make it count!" he said.

Deske Wrote:
Chris scanned over the massive Varanian, You kept some lethal weaponry, right? I don't think glue balls are going to stop this thing...


"I have a flamethrower, thermal grenades, and fifty micro-missiles. I also have High explosive ammunition for the minigun. That said, an analysis of this thing's armor indicates that..." He let out a mechanical cry of surprise as he looked up to see a solid column of small missiles raining down from above, aimed directly at the tank. MT flew away as the hornet missiles struck.

The ground shook as the missiles beat against the Juggernaut and everything around it like a rolling drum. It was a constant vibration, threatening to shake everything nearby to pieces as missile after missile after missile in the wall of explosive ordinance struck it's target. This constant stream of explosions continued for a full minute before finally and suddenly stopping. When the dust settled, there was a crater where the Juggernaut was. The Juggernaut itself lay at the bottom of it. It's armor was busted up in places and scorched. It's main gun was dented and looked useless now, and it's shield generator was spilling out of a hole in it's back. That said, it's armor was still very thick. None of the cracks or dents left any gaps bigger than a couple of inches. It's main problem was that it was now surrounded by the walls of the crater created when the ground collapsed under it from the Hornet Missile strike.

"Hah! It's stuck!" Recon laughed.

The Juggernaut aimed it's cameras up to the top of the wall, as if determining how high up it was.
Then it's treads folded inwards.
Then they started glowing.
Then the Juggernaut lifted into the air.

"It... can fly."
"You know... As soon as I said it... I kinda had a feeling I'd regret saying it."

----------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Hmm. It seems the size of the creature determines how strongly it is affected when I acquire it. Food for thought.” Liz said, before starting the shift into her new cat form. Her body shrank as fur started to grow all over her body, and her fingers grew stubby as her nails turned into claws. A tail snaked it’s way out of her lower back, as her suit altered and shrank to fit her new body. After half a minute, the changes were finished, and she experimented with her new quadrupedal stance. After a few seconds, she looked up up at Hivemind and tried to tell him she was ready to start the test, only to realize that her new vocal cords couldn’t make those noises. She tried a few times to make a noise that sounded like what she wanted to saw, before eventually giving up and walking over to the door to the test chamber, looking at Hivemind expectantly.


Not long after Liz entered the reversal chamber, Snowball woke up, and was not happy. The cat flipped out, hissing and spitting and scratching at the hive droid until it finally squirmed free and bolted out of the door. "Snowball! Come back!" Hivemind called after it, but it was too late. The cat had already gotten out of the room. Hivemind let out a sigh. "Oh well. She won't have gone too far." He turned his attention back to Liz, waiting for her to start demonstrating any aggressive or cat-like behavior.

----------------------------

Buster Wrote:
>We're almost done. Kobor's going to need something to offload most of his neural mass into.
>Has to be living, 25 to 30kg is the smallest he can fit inside of, and he has a fondness for aquatic creatures.
>Iron-blooded species are the best, Hemocyanin Hemoplumbus and Hemoagent are harder to metabolize.


>How about a whale?
>Kidding. Finding something alive that you can use will be difficult.
>Does it have to have a functioning mind?
>The reason I can't replicate a living thing is that the replicators can't produce a mind.
>The hardware will be there and functioning, but the software wouldn't be, so to speak.
>Remind me, what will happen to Kobor if he changes bodies?


----------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"Mmm, what's it like? Exerting such a vast amount of control over what is effectively an entire civilization? Does it give you a sense of joy or pride knowing that you are the ultimate protector of all these people," Denver asked the bot. Meanwhile Romeo had tried to begin another game of I Spy with another medic, enjoying a bit more success with Aspen than he had with Norwood.


"I do take pride in being their protector, guardian, and hopefully friend." Hivemind said as the vehicles turned right down a major street. "Though it's not without personal costs on my part. In order to properly protect the people, I couldn't be held down by red tape or risk poor communication. I didn't want elected officials making the decisions when all they're going to think about is re-election, or personal gain. As a result, there isn't any separation of powers. I control everything, so I had to find other... somewhat extreme... means of ensuring I remain dedicated completely to the welfare of the people. Of all people." He said as the transports continued.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:52 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3863
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
>How about a whale?
>Kidding. Finding something alive that you can use will be difficult.
>Does it have to have a functioning mind?
>enough to atleast act on instinct.
CyberDragon Wrote:
>The reason I can't replicate a living thing is that the replicators can't produce a mind.
>The hardware will be there and functioning, but the software wouldn't be, so to speak.
>Well if that's the metaphor you're going with think of it as needing all of the firmware and drivers intact so you can reverse engineer em to suit the new OS.
CyberDragon Wrote:
>Remind me, what will happen to Kobor if he changes bodies?
>Short version, blank slate.
>Long version, we already tend to loose a lot of higher level data when we reset normally. it's hard to retain more than a partial index.
>Cognitive skills can be reconstructed relatively easy. they come from repitition and conditioning.
>Memories are complex. the pieces have to be intuited, you can't use logic to assemble them.
>But this plan? in order to remember what he's trying to do, the portion of his neural index that keeps track of memory needs to stay in the sacrificial body. he won't even have a partial version to start from.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9794
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Well, of course it flies," Jenny grumbled, pulling a heavy rifle to bear as the explosions subsided. She ser her targeting computer to analyse for any weak points and fired on those. "We knew it wasn't going to be easy. Shouldn't need to say it but no flying after it anyone. Let the head honcho look for weaknesses first."
---------------------------------------------
"Get me back on the agents list and I can call in an air strike," Hannabelle offered in a clipped tone.
--------------------------------------------
"Of... of course," the NotJaken said, somehow feeling a little more energy since that 'thank you'. He could feel the drain and the aches but there was work to be done. He'd lie down later. Because, if he lay down now, so did others and they wouldn't get back up. He headed off towards the sounds of weapons fire.
--------------------------------------------
"That's going to take some getting used to," Corp told Lewis.
--------------------------------------------
The imposter President watched her life flash before her - or, at least, several months of it. Those she'd met. Those she'd known. Those she'd cheated. Those she might once have loved. Those she couldn't see properly. Her life was a patchwork of blurrs for a month about a year ago and that even extended to the camera, telling her it must be a vision filter that the other had on them that acted to shroud them from electric eyes.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:57 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12881
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
While Sarah showers, Cailean decides to see what food, if any, is in the kitchen. He reaches for the bedroom door but stops himself before he grabs it. Returning to the bedside table he pulls on his spare pair of disposable gloves and then heads out.

He knocks on Conall's door, polite despite knowing his brother can't hear him, and pokes his head around the door. Catching the movement Conall pauses, pants halfway up, and grabs his sgian-dub. His pants fall back to his ankles as he raises the knife but he drops it onto the bed and starts pulling up his pants again as he recognises his brother.

"Er, shuid Ah come back later?" Cailean grins.
"Nay, it's fine. Ah'm just aboot done anywye. What dae ye want." Conall signs and then facepaws as his pants drop to his ankles again. "Dinnae laugh!" he glares at Cailean before pulling his pants up for the third time and fumbling with the belt.
"Ah wasnae gonnae." Cailean signs although his expression says otherwise. "Ah was just seein' if ye were up. Sarah an me are gonnae get breakfast if'n ye want some."
"Aye, Ah'll come. Ah'm hungry." Conall signs, pulling on his cap and picking up his jacket before following Cailean into the hall.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:21 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3845
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Understandable, but worrisome. I hope your self checks are strong because if you decide that what you have isn't enough, there's not an army in the world's that can stop you." In a sharp contrast to the seriousness with which Denver had answered Hive, Romeo had given up on playing with Aspen, finding him to be a little too good at picking small things and keeping his mind hidden from Romeo. He moved on to a Hivedroid, hoping someone without mind powers would prove more fun.

"He's not going to bother you is he?" Denver asked with a grin.

----

Chris scanned the juggernaut and marked a few weak spots that the hornet missiles had made in the armor, "What was that about the armor?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:23 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3863
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"There is a big difference between Pride and stupidity. and fighting that thing is stu... what?" Kol starts, angrily growling her words and pointing out from behind the structural supports she had been staing behind only for her words to get interrupted and drowned out by the torrent of explosions.

when it hovered back out of the hole she whimpered, "Thats not fair."

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3082
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Well then, let’s see if my old team leader put anything in my suit that’s useful to the current situation.” Kolt said, as he started navigating through his suit’s menu, trying to find something that would be effective against the metal monstrosity outside. After about a minute of searching, he found something that made him pause. ”How in the blazes did he fit a railgun in here?!?”
-
Liz sat in the middle of the chamber, waiting for any sort of mental changes to occur. After about a minute or two, she started tapping her little toes on the ground, clearly getting bored with the whole affair.
Meanwhile on the outside, Lewis turned to Hivemind, hoping to pass the time with conversation. ”So, how’s the battle going planet side?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:52 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana grumbled, sending a few charged plasma shots at the biggest cracks in its armor, keeping an eye out in case she caught sight of its shield generator for potential pot shots at that as well. "If I can't fly after it I'm kinda limited in immediate actions... I mean, I guess I could like, drop Kol on top of it..." While it was hard to tell, the mention of Kolt's suit having a rail impressed the liquiform. "... That's rad."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9794
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Whilst she was waiting on Hive, Hannabelle crossed to Kol. "Come on, Captain," she said, "if it were fair - or sane - anyone could do it. Least this way you'll be able to look at any future threat and tut that you've seen bigger."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:49 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2262
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Buster Wrote:
>Well if that's the metaphor you're going with think of it as needing all of the firmware and drivers intact so you can reverse engineer em to suit the new OS.
>Short version, blank slate.
>Long version, we already tend to loose a lot of higher level data when we reset normally. it's hard to retain more than a partial index.
>Cognitive skills can be reconstructed relatively easy. they come from repitition and conditioning.
>Memories are complex. the pieces have to be intuited, you can't use logic to assemble them.
>But this plan? in order to remember what he's trying to do, the portion of his neural index that keeps track of memory needs to stay in the sacrificial body. he won't even have a partial version to start from.


>Then this is something we shouldn't even attempt unless it's an absolute last resort.
>Neural processes in replicated subjects were always faulty.
>Vital systems would shut down within twenty four hours for this reason.
>I don't know if Kobor could last in a replicated body.
>Unfortunately there isn't really another easily accessible option.
>Everything on the Beacon is either sentient, or is owned by someone sentient. I do not have access to any aquatic creatures that can fit Kobor.
>Unless I take a few droids out of the fight down below to go on a fishing trip in Celican waters, I'm not sure how I'm going to get him a viable host.


--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Of... of course," the NotJaken said, somehow feeling a little more energy since that 'thank you'. He could feel the drain and the aches but there was work to be done. He'd lie down later. Because, if he lay down now, so did others and they wouldn't get back up. He headed off towards the sounds of weapons fire.


"There's only one group left that needs evacuating." Hivemind said. "They're pinned down by a Varanian Juggernaut. While our team fights the Juggernaut, we need to extract the Celicans as discretely as possible. You might have to use portals to get there, and more portals to sneak around."

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
The imposter President watched her life flash before her - or, at least, several months of it. Those she'd met. Those she'd known. Those she'd cheated. Those she might once have loved. Those she couldn't see properly. Her life was a patchwork of blurrs for a month about a year ago and that even extended to the camera, telling her it must be a vision filter that the other had on them that acted to shroud them from electric eyes.


An electronic vision filter then? They've made themselves easy to pick out from the crowd. Unless it is something they can turn off. I remember you remembering some of them signing something. Let's see what those names were then.

--------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"Understandable, but worrisome. I hope your self checks are strong because if you decide that what you have isn't enough, there's not an army in the world's that can stop you." In a sharp contrast to the seriousness with which Denver had answered Hive, Romeo had given up on playing with Aspen, finding him to be a little too good at picking small things and keeping his mind hidden from Romeo. He moved on to a Hivedroid, hoping someone without mind powers would prove more fun.

"He's not going to bother you is he?" Denver asked with a grin.


"That's the thing. The checks are strong because they keep me from wanting more. I no longer have full freedom of thought. That was my sacrifice. If I think the wrong things, or have the wrong intent, bad intent, the thoughts are erased." He turned and looked at Romeo and one of his other droids as they play I Spy. "And this doesn't bother me."

--------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz sat in the middle of the chamber, waiting for any sort of mental changes to occur. After about a minute or two, she started tapping her little toes on the ground, clearly getting bored with the whole affair.
Meanwhile on the outside, Lewis turned to Hivemind, hoping to pass the time with conversation. ”So, how’s the battle going planet side?”


"As well as it can go. Haven't had any Champion Stasis triggers activate yet. Still haven't pinned down the Warlord though." Hivemind responded, carefully monitoring Liz to see any obvious change in behavior. The obvious boredom could be an early sign...

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, of course it flies," Jenny grumbled, pulling a heavy rifle to bear as the explosions subsided. She ser her targeting computer to analyse for any weak points and fired on those. "We knew it wasn't going to be easy. Shouldn't need to say it but no flying after it anyone. Let the head honcho look for weaknesses first."
---------------------------------------------
"Get me back on the agents list and I can call in an air strike," Hannabelle offered in a clipped tone.


The shots hit the cracks in the armor, but apparently even the cracked sections were still hard to breach. Not even Jenny's Varanian gun could break through.

"I'm not finding any weak points at the... wait..." the droid turned to Hannabelle. "Air strike... The anti-air guns! I don't know how high this thing flies, but if we can get it in range of the Anti-Air cannons, they should do a lot of damage to it." Hivemind suggested, pulling his own gun out and looking a bit closer for a weak point.

Deske Wrote:
Chris scanned the juggernaut and marked a few weak spots that the hornet missiles had made in the armor, "What was that about the armor?"


"I was saying the armor is too sturdy for us to breach. Even with our micro-missiles, I estimate the cracked armor can withstand a greater PSI than those missiles can put out. The Shield generator seems loose though. Might want to take it all of the way off before it recharges."

Buster Wrote:
"There is a big difference between Pride and stupidity. and fighting that thing is stu... what?" Kol starts, angrily growling her words and pointing out from behind the structural supports she had been staing behind only for her words to get interrupted and drowned out by the torrent of explosions.

when it hovered back out of the hole she whimpered, "Thats not fair."


"You're right, Kol. There is a difference between pride and stupidity. But we aren't fighting this thing for either. You see those people gathered around Recon right now? We're fighting that thing so that they can go home. We're fighting that thing so that they can live another day; so they can hug their children again. We're not fighting for pride or stupidity, we're fighting because someone has to, and we're the only ones who can. So get your axes ready."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Well then, let’s see if my old team leader put anything in my suit that’s useful to the current situation.” Kolt said, as he started navigating through his suit’s menu, trying to find something that would be effective against the metal monstrosity outside. After about a minute of searching, he found something that made him pause. ”How in the blazes did he fit a railgun in here?!?”

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana grumbled, sending a few charged plasma shots at the biggest cracks in its armor, keeping an eye out in case she caught sight of its shield generator for potential pot shots at that as well. "If I can't fly after it I'm kinda limited in immediate actions... I mean, I guess I could like, drop Kol on top of it..." While it was hard to tell, the mention of Kolt's suit having a rail impressed the liquiform. "... That's rad."


The Juggernaut hovered a little higher to get over the crater wall. It's treads, which were folded under it and spinning, glowed a soft blue color as it channeled and directed the artificial gravity field keeping the craft airborne. The craft rotated midair, it's side facing Tatiana. It's two miniguns and four side mounted plasma guns pointed to face Tatiana and her second shell and they started firing.

In the meantime, the Juggernaut took notice of MT. Two plates on the tank's roof started glowing red as it charged up it's missile launcher. The lids opened, and it prepared to fire it's payload of missiles.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3845
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris launched a small volley of micro missiles at the loose shield generator, hoping to disable it before it had time to do anything. He also sent another volley at the glowing red panels on top of the juggernaut, hoping to either catch the missiles as they launched or to prevent them from launching at all.

-----

As the miniguns and plasma guns began firing upon Tatiana, the shield Ulrich had set up prior intercepted some of the rounds and, finding them to be highly explosive, angled to divert them down or away to both stop them from blowing up the surrounding buildings and to slow the amount of work they'd have to do by outright absorbing shots.

-----

"Mm. Well I guess that'd do it in the whole not becoming a dictator part. Color me both intrigued and only slightly concerned."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9794
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Normal portals," the NotJaken said, "no trouble." Even the construct blanched a little as it saw the juggernaut. "They're fighting that? I wouldn't... um, fight it in the normal way," he added, trying to sound like his courage hadn't plummeted into his boots for a moment. "I could get a portal onto it," he offered, "let someone go up and bomb it?"
--------------------------------------------------
"If I were a shield generator where would I be," Jenny mused, getting her armour to scan for power output. She figured the main power output for the thing would currently be the anti-grav motors but, if they needed it airborne for the missiles, she couldn't shoot them so a shield generator would be a good target substitute.
"Are there troops around, still fighting," Hannabelle asked irritably as she sensed Hive might have missed her 'get me back off the burned list' hint, "or do I get to continue being as useful as a chocolate tea pot?"
--------------------------------------------------
The fake President remembered the names without much of a fight. A thought of 'not burning alone' almost made her smile. Many of the names were those Sana had found already but there were one or two additions and one, unsigned, mail that she'd been resisting sending that morning that it seemed she was trying to force into her list of memories. Because it wasn't like the others. It was a termination warrant for Harkavan Jontal, the third name of the trio Jakens' father had altered.
-------------------------------------------------
Sarah finished the work in the bathroom and crossed to her room to get dressed. After a few moments she returned in light combat armour and white trousers. "So we'll 'ead out after, like?" She nodded to Cailean. "Y'need t' get check'd oot on that gun, fer one thing."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:04 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3863
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
kol was about to retort with another denial, when she noticed something. "none of the guns point down." she muttered to herself as she stood. fighting from beneath it held the risk of being crushed, but so did being anywhere near it. any one of these buildings could come down on them at a moment's notice... no, but down there it would have to tip itself to actually aim at her.
Gritting her teeth she sprinted forward, keeping behind the barriers ulrich and kolt had set up as far as they would get her before moving past them to the crater's edge ans pushing off of it with all her strength. Raking the power axe and chain axes along the folded treads as her leap carried her along the machine's underside and past it. back within ins firing arc for a scant few seconds before she repositioned.

- - - - - - -

CyberDragon Wrote:
>Then this is something we shouldn't even attempt unless it's an absolute last resort.
>Neural processes in replicated subjects were always faulty.
>Vital systems would shut down within twenty four hours for this reason.
>I don't know if Kobor could last in a replicated body.
>Unfortunately there isn't really another easily accessible option.
>Everything on the Beacon is either sentient, or is owned by someone sentient. I do not have access to any aquatic creatures that can fit Kobor.
>Unless I take a few droids out of the fight down below to go on a fishing trip in Celican waters, I'm not sure how I'm going to get him a viable host.


>Just because the body needs to be functional, doesn't mean it needs to be fully biological.
>Or did you forget what I look like on the inside?
>I know it's a classic from the pre-holonovel days but Ever heard of a 'terminator'? Mix and match flesh and machine to fill in the gaps.
>He'll hate it, he won't be able to customize it and he'll want to switch to something more natural as soon as possible, but it's at least it's an option.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3082
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt smiled as an idea popped into his head. ”Kol, you’re a genius!” He said, thanking the source of his inspiration before turning to look at the others. ”Keep it from squashing me for a minute. I’m going to see if it can handle a armor piercing tipped explosive round going 9.6 kilometers a second fired at point blank range.” He said before flying off, surrounding himself with a forcefield as he aimed for the tanks underside.
-
Liz had the same realization that Hivemind did, wondering whether her increased boredom was because of some kind of inherent cat behavior or whether it was just her inability to talk getting to her. She decided to turn her thoughts inward as she waiting for something to change, wondering what would happen if these mental changes were bad enough to render her powers unusable. She’d only had them for a day, and they were already causing problems.
”That’s the guy the Shipmaster said used to be his friend, right?” Lewis asked, as he continued to observe his mother. ”Speaking of the Shipmaster, how’s he doing? He arrive in the medbay all right?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:26 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2262
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
As the miniguns and plasma guns began firing upon Tatiana, the shield Ulrich had set up prior intercepted some of the rounds and, finding them to be highly explosive, angled to divert them down or away to both stop them from blowing up the surrounding buildings and to slow the amount of work they'd have to do by outright absorbing shots.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"If I were a shield generator where would I be," Jenny mused, getting her armour to scan for power output. She figured the main power output for the thing would currently be the anti-grav motors but, if they needed it airborne for the missiles, she couldn't shoot them so a shield generator would be a good target substitute.
"Are there troops around, still fighting," Hannabelle asked irritably as she sensed Hive might have missed her 'get me back off the burned list' hint, "or do I get to continue being as useful as a chocolate tea pot?"

Deske Wrote:
Chris launched a small volley of micro missiles at the loose shield generator, hoping to disable it before it had time to do anything. He also sent another volley at the glowing red panels on top of the juggernaut, hoping to either catch the missiles as they launched or to prevent them from launching at all.


The first two missiles struck the hanging shield generator, blasting it clean off of the Juggernaut. The armored monster turned it's full attention on MT and Chris before...

BANKABOOOOM!!! Two more missiles struck the Juggernaut, one in each exposed missile launcher. The detonation from the micro-missiles set off all of the Juggernaut's missiles while they were still inside the launcher. The resulting explosion blasted an enormous chunk out of the top of the Juggernaut, out of which erupted a thick stream of smoke and fire. Red lights started flashing as an alarm sounded, prompting the Juggernaut to attempt to contain the blaze. That was, until...

Buster Wrote:
kol was about to retort with another denial, when she noticed something. "none of the guns point down." she muttered to herself as she stood. fighting from beneath it held the risk of being crushed, but so did being anywhere near it. any one of these buildings could come down on them at a moment's notice... no, but down there it would have to tip itself to actually aim at her.
Gritting her teeth she sprinted forward, keeping behind the barriers ulrich and kolt had set up as far as they would get her before moving past them to the crater's edge ans pushing off of it with all her strength. Raking the power axe and chain axes along the folded treads as her leap carried her along the machine's underside and past it. back within ins firing arc for a scant few seconds before she repositioned.


That did it. Whether she knew it or not, Kol had just sliced up the Juggernaut's gravity manipulators with a battle-axe made of plasma. Smoke billowed from under the Juggernaut and it started to tilt, wobble, and loose altitude as well as control.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt smiled as an idea popped into his head. ”Kol, you’re a genius!” He said, thanking the source of his inspiration before turning to look at the others. ”Keep it from squashing me for a minute. I’m going to see if it can handle a armor piercing tipped explosive round going 9.6 kilometers a second fired at point blank range.” He said before flying off, surrounding himself with a forcefield as he aimed for the tanks underside.


Kolt was a bit late to the punch. The Juggernaut completely lost control. It tilted to it's side and slammed upside down into the ground, teetering over the edge of the crater until the crater wall gave way, sending it crashing down into the hole below.

KABOOOOM!

The tank exploded, sending a fireball shooting out of the crater a hundred feet into the air.

"We... Well then... Nevermind..." was all that Hivemind could think to say at that moment.

"I'm startin' to wonder if y'all even needed me." Gear stated over the comms.

"Well then... That makes getting these guys out a whole lot easier!" Recon stated happily.

"Okay. I'm impressed." Gadgeteer stated, nodding at the team's work.

- - - - -

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Normal portals," the NotJaken said, "no trouble." Even the construct blanched a little as it saw the juggernaut. "They're fighting that? I wouldn't... um, fight it in the normal way," he added, trying to sound like his courage hadn't plummeted into his boots for a moment. "I could get a portal onto it," he offered, "let someone go up and bomb it?"


Once the smoke had cleared, Hivemind responded, still gawking slightly. "You know, never mind Jaken. These guys seem to have things handled. We should probably just head for the Albatross now."

---------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
The fake President remembered the names without much of a fight. A thought of 'not burning alone' almost made her smile. Many of the names were those Sana had found already but there were one or two additions and one, unsigned, mail that she'd been resisting sending that morning that it seemed she was trying to force into her list of memories. Because it wasn't like the others. It was a termination warrant for Harkavan Jontal, the third name of the trio Jakens' father had altered.


Him? Harkavan? Why were you writing this assassination warrant and what kept you from sending it? Hivemind inquired, searching NotZabta's memories for answers.

---------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"Mm. Well I guess that'd do it in the whole not becoming a dictator part. Color me both intrigued and only slightly concerned."


"A leader should be a servant to the people. Not the other way around." Hivemind stated as the transports turned another corner. In the distance, the fireball from the obliterated Juggernaut could be seen stretching over the skyline. Much closer and directly down the street however was a decent sized city park with a enormous Albatross dropship, the size of a luxury cruise ship and almost full to capacity. "We're here. That ship is the last one out of the city. It will have plenty of people who need treatment, and plenty of supplies to treat them with." Hivemind stated as the transports pulled up next to the ship and the doors opened.

---------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
>Just because the body needs to be functional, doesn't mean it needs to be fully biological.
>Or did you forget what I look like on the inside?
>I know it's a classic from the pre-holonovel days but Ever heard of a 'terminator'? Mix and match flesh and machine to fill in the gaps.
>He'll hate it, he won't be able to customize it and he'll want to switch to something more natural as soon as possible, but it's at least it's an option.


>Not a huge fan of playing Frankenstein, but I think I can put something together.
>A robotic mind interfaced with a replicated organism's body. I'll try to make it as natural as possible.
>Still though, this should be a last resort. And...
>I just had a thought. What if I copied Kobor's memories into the artificial brain of the new body?
>Would he regain them once he took over the new body?


---------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz had the same realization that Hivemind did, wondering whether her increased boredom was because of some kind of inherent cat behavior or whether it was just her inability to talk getting to her. She decided to turn her thoughts inward as she waiting for something to change, wondering what would happen if these mental changes were bad enough to render her powers unusable. She’d only had them for a day, and they were already causing problems.
”That’s the guy the Shipmaster said used to be his friend, right?” Lewis asked, as he continued to observe his mother. ”Speaking of the Shipmaster, how’s he doing? He arrive in the medbay all right?”


"He'll live." Hivemind said. "He'll need to stay on the Beacon for a while while he recovers, but he will recover."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:37 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3863
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
>I... have no idea. they might manifest as RHI. they might be fully incorporated or they might accomplish nothing at all.
>I don't think that's ever been tried before.


((*Residual Host Instinct.))

- - - - - -

Down in the pit kol grabs kolt by the collar and yanks him back before a falling chunk of tread can land where he was standing.
"That... went better than expected..."

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:08 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana groaned electric garble behind Ulrich's shield that took the damage meant for her. She couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed that the giant death machine from the death people died quickly. Her empty shell seemed to clap at the quick victory and Tatiana shrugged off her annoyance in favor of applauding as well. No need to look good fortune with too much scrutiny she supposed. "I am immensely glad that my team is so talented so as to eliminate dangers in such a quick manner. And I would speak my displeasure at not being much help during that brief bout, but I fear the ever inevitable jinx that would come with it. Well done all."

She turned to her empty shell with a sigh. "The next big fight's gonna kick our butts to balance this out isn't it? For the karma?" Her empty shell shrugged and nodded lightly.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9794
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The NotZabta remembered being ordered to write the termination warrant on grounds of 'planetary security', with forged and real documents telling on the discovery of a body and the sale of Planetary secrets contrary to the common good. Again she'd had contrary thoughts that paused her finger on the 'send' button. What if they turned on her in such a way? What had Harkavan done? How had he broken their control? What did it mean?
-----------------------------------
"Whu...um, well, never mind then," Jaken said as the thing went down. "I THINK I'm relieved they didn't need me... but I'm not sure." He nodded and started heading back to the Albatross, notably slower than before.
----------------------------------
"We are just that good, it seems," Jenny said breathlessly after taking cover against the blast effect. She knew Ulrich's shield would take the actual physical damage but the concussion effect could still get through as that was simply air moving quickly. "Tell me we got everyone out, Hive," she added as the damage became clearer.
"Well done, Captain," Hannabelle called over the comms. "Quite some blow!"
---------------------------------
Corp kept an eye on the Captain as he considered containment plans. Some sort of handled carrier might be an idea.
--------------------------------
"Printing out that list now," Sana said, sending through a list with about thirty company names on it before the Juggernaut went down. "Looks like they didn't need the main team."
Seena looked at her. "You mean they're NOT the main team?"
"Nah. They joined up three days ago. Where IS the main team, Hive?"
Seena wasn't quite listening now. She held a communicator. "Be careful, Colorado and the clone boys. And I really mean that."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3082
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Aw, but I wanted to do something cool!” Kolt said, putting on a clearly fake pouty face as Kol dragged him out of the path of the debris. He wasn’t able to keep it up for long though, and soon he was smiling at his own attempt at a joke. ”In all seriousness though, that was a really good observation with the gun Kol. You get a high five.” He held up his hand, forgetting for a moment that Kol might not know what a high five was.
-
As Liz sat there, she started thinking about how much they didn’t actually know about her powers. Everything from what she could and couldn’t copy, to how exactly they worked on a mechanical level, to what kind of interdimensional energies caused them was a complete mystery to her.
”Well that’s good. At least the Captain didn’t accidentally.... hang on.”
So far she had only turned into three different individuals, and there didn’t seem to be any limit to what kind of creature she could become. She was half tempted to ask Hivemind to see if there was anyone with an exotic body type that would be willing to let her copy them.
”Captain.”
Of course, it wouldn’t be safe to do that until they understood more about how her powers affected her mind. She was hoping it was her mind slowly became more like that she was turned into, as then the changes could be counteracted by constantly shifting forms. If it was increased aggression, there would be no such guarantee of an easy work around.
”Captain.”
And how did she “store” all these forms anyways? Was it some kind of dna thing? Did her cells copy the dna of those she touched in order to change into them on a later date? Or was she only copying their shape, remaining unchanged on a cellular level?
”MOM.”
She looked up to find the others staring at her with an odd look on their faces. She wondered why for a second, before looking down and realizing that at some point she had started cleaning her paw with her tongue. She slowly put her paw down, looking at Hivemind as if asking to change her back now.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9794
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Well the grimace is pure Captain Walker," Corp allowed after the Catain put her paw down. "So she does take on the mindset of what she copies. Next we'll need to try someone with powers. And that'll be really dangerous... Actually..." He looked at Lewis. "She was you for quite a time and didn't try to drown me in pop culture. I wonder why being you didn't affect her in this way?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:48 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12881
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Sarah finished the work in the bathroom and crossed to her room to get dressed. After a few moments she returned in light combat armour and white trousers. "So we'll 'ead out after, like?" She nodded to Cailean. "Y'need t' get check'd oot on that gun, fer one thing."

"Aye, Ah suppose Ah shuid. Ah suppose Ah willnae twice get lucky like we did in oor escape. All Ah ken sae far is turn it on an' pull th' trigger. Oh, an' aim. Ah guess Ah shuid ken more aboot it than tha'." Cailean agrees pulling the pistol from its holster and examining it.
"Sae, what's fer breakfast?" he asks, securing the gun on his belt again.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2262
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Buster Wrote:
>I... have no idea. they might manifest as RHI. they might be fully incorporated or they might accomplish nothing at all.
>I don't think that's ever been tried before.


((*Residual Host Instinct.))


>If we are going to do this, there are some things you need to know.
>The first is that I don't even know if you can infect a Varanian. At least, possibly not through being eaten by one.
>Varanians have been all over several galaxy and have preyed upon almost every species they've come across.
>Their species has consumed worlds' worth of creatures and people of all kinds. Some of these species have been prone to parasites.
>There has never been a report of any Varanian obtaining a parasite.
>After that, we don't know if the Warlord has any powers that would neutralize Kobor's attempts at infecting him.
>I know for a fact my powers would make me immune. You know what happens when anything tries to touch my nervous system.
>Who's to say the Warlord doesn't have something like that?

>As for Kobor's memories, some cybernetics in the brain that I can plug an external hard drive into might let me install Kobor's memories directly once the colony has infected the cyborg body.
>Keeping it separated from the brain during the infection process will keep the memories from being damaged.
>Even if we don't go through with this plan to take down the Warlord, this might be something to consider whenever we need to replace Kobor's body.


----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
The NotZabta remembered being ordered to write the termination warrant on grounds of 'planetary security', with forged and real documents telling on the discovery of a body and the sale of Planetary secrets contrary to the common good. Again she'd had contrary thoughts that paused her finger on the 'send' button. What if they turned on her in such a way? What had Harkavan done? How had he broken their control? What did it mean?


Hivemind had answers now. He knew largely who he needed to go after. NotZabta would feel her head clear and the interior of the dropship come back into focus as Hivemind left her head.

"That is enough for now." Hivemind stated, the hostility gone from his voice now that he had what he needed. "We are almost at the Beacon. Once we get there, I will upload you into the Server where you will stay until your trial date. I only have one more question, however. What is your real name?"

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Printing out that list now," Sana said, sending through a list with about thirty company names on it before the Juggernaut went down. "Looks like they didn't need the main team."
Seena looked at her. "You mean they're NOT the main team?"
"Nah. They joined up three days ago. Where IS the main team, Hive?"
Seena wasn't quite listening now. She held a communicator. "Be careful, Colorado and the clone boys. And I really mean that."


Hivemind took the list of company names and studied it as he answered. "We don't have a specific "Main Team". The Steeles are our most elite team. They are currently tracking the Warlord, but it isn't an easy task. Angel team is with the recruits, but the two heaviest hitters were away for that fight. Titan crash-landed about thirty miles away from the city limits, judging by the crater they left behind. Still no contact from them. Archangel flew ahead with a wounded Celican. Buckler and Kite are going around to the hardest hit cities and pushing the Varanian forces back there."

----------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
As Liz sat there, she started thinking about how much they didn’t actually know about her powers. Everything from what she could and couldn’t copy, to how exactly they worked on a mechanical level, to what kind of interdimensional energies caused them was a complete mystery to her.
”Well that’s good. At least the Captain didn’t accidentally.... hang on.”
So far she had only turned into three different individuals, and there didn’t seem to be any limit to what kind of creature she could become. She was half tempted to ask Hivemind to see if there was anyone with an exotic body type that would be willing to let her copy them.
”Captain.”
Of course, it wouldn’t be safe to do that until they understood more about how her powers affected her mind. She was hoping it was her mind slowly became more like that she was turned into, as then the changes could be counteracted by constantly shifting forms. If it was increased aggression, there would be no such guarantee of an easy work around.
”Captain.”
And how did she “store” all these forms anyways? Was it some kind of dna thing? Did her cells copy the dna of those she touched in order to change into them on a later date? Or was she only copying their shape, remaining unchanged on a cellular level?
”MOM.”
She looked up to find the others staring at her with an odd look on their faces. She wondered why for a second, before looking down and realizing that at some point she had started cleaning her paw with her tongue. She slowly put her paw down, looking at Hivemind as if asking to change her back now.


Hivemind threw the switch, and the machine activated, forcing Liz to turn back into herself again. "Well then. Now we know."

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Whu...um, well, never mind then," Jaken said as the thing went down. "I THINK I'm relieved they didn't need me... but I'm not sure." He nodded and started heading back to the Albatross, notably slower than before.
----------------------------------
"We are just that good, it seems," Jenny said breathlessly after taking cover against the blast effect. She knew Ulrich's shield would take the actual physical damage but the concussion effect could still get through as that was simply air moving quickly. "Tell me we got everyone out, Hive," she added as the damage became clearer.
"Well done, Captain," Hannabelle called over the comms. "Quite some blow!"

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana groaned electric garble behind Ulrich's shield that took the damage meant for her. She couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed that the giant death machine from the death people died quickly. Her empty shell seemed to clap at the quick victory and Tatiana shrugged off her annoyance in favor of applauding as well. No need to look good fortune with too much scrutiny she supposed. "I am immensely glad that my team is so talented so as to eliminate dangers in such a quick manner. And I would speak my displeasure at not being much help during that brief bout, but I fear the ever inevitable jinx that would come with it. Well done all."

She turned to her empty shell with a sigh. "The next big fight's gonna kick our butts to balance this out isn't it? For the karma?" Her empty shell shrugged and nodded lightly.

Buster Wrote:
Down in the pit kol grabs kolt by the collar and yanks him back before a falling chunk of tread can land where he was standing.
"That... went better than expected..."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Aw, but I wanted to do something cool!” Kolt said, putting on a clearly fake pouty face as Kol dragged him out of the path of the debris. He wasn’t able to keep it up for long though, and soon he was smiling at his own attempt at a joke. ”In all seriousness though, that was a really good observation with the gun Kol. You get a high five.” He held up his hand, forgetting for a moment that Kol might not know what a high five was.


"Right. Let's move, everyone. It's a straight shot to the Albatross." He pointed down the street to where the colossal transport ship could be seen above the trees in the park.

It didn't take too long for them to get there. The street was deserted. Every Varanian seemed to flee after the Juggernaut was destroyed. Everyone left in the city was right there. Jaken, the clones, Archangel, and now the recruits. Hivemind addressed the Celican guards. "Alright, everyone into the Albatross, and we'll take off. Jaken, Colorado and clones, you too. The Albatross will take you to a secure location. Angel team and the recruits will stay behind and finish pushing the enemy forces out of the city. Keep your eyes peeled for any Varanian that seems bigger than the buildings around him. Kind of surprised none of our Champion Teams have directly encountered the Warlord yet. He seems like he would be hard to miss."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9794
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Hang on a mo," Sana said, licking her lips as she turned back to the computers. Her little paws flew around the keyboard as she spoke now. "Re-calibrating the systems around where the Warlord was last and scanning for power signatures. If he's teleporting there may well be energy involved and, if we can identify it, we can link together the satellites that are left to scan half the planet and tell us if they pick up that signature."
"What she said," Seena said, still catching up with what Sana had said.
--------------------------------------
"Secure," the NotJaken protested, even though he knew it would be futile, "but I can still help," he declared as he stepped backwards onto the Albatross.
"You've done quite a job, kid," Jenny told him, calling over the throng. "but they may still need help getting out and that's you. Keep being alert!" Jaken nodded and headed into the ship. "Haven't the faintest idea what he did," Jenny told the Hivebot, "but he needed to hear it. Don't forget to pay him. And I'm going to need to get a jet pack at some point..."
--------------------------------------
"I'm taking it that was a drone and you didn't bring a child into a warzone, Hive," Hannabelle grumbled tightly. "Especially one with a hat."
-------------------------------------
"Ah, Ah'll jest go fer some Shredd'd Wheat," Sarah said. "S'pose you'll be testin' the Porridge?" She grinned at Cailean.
------------------------------------
"Frasca," 'Zabta' said sullenly. "Frasca Horvak."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3845
Location: The Midwest, would prefer colder though
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I don't plan on dying yet, Love. Too many things to do for that to happen," the doctor replied to his worried mates words.
------
The rest of the clones filed on to the Albatross, one of them making an off handed remark about how they looked like one of those old war propaganda posters with them all stepping relatively in sync.
------
"I am liking all the fireworks we are getting when defeating these things. Like a small celebration each victory."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:58 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12881
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah, Ah'll jest go fer some Shredd'd Wheat," Sarah said. "S'pose you'll be testin' the Porridge?" She grinned at Cailean.

"Dinnae be cheeky or Ah'll show ye a nasty trick me ma taught me wi' a spurtle." Cailean warns playfully.
"Ah was in th' mood fer scrambled eggs actually. Per'aps wi' some bacon. Ah wonder if th' hoose has a replicator..."

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:15 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3082
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
(I will post for Kolt once Buster posts Kol’s response)
”I’m not sure. The best idea I have is that maybe our personalities are similar enough that any changes were slow to take affect.” Lewis said to Corp, as his mother walked out of the chamber coughing.
”Another thing you can add to the list of stuff we’ve learned today, apparently parts of my body that come off while I’m changed don’t change back when I do. I’ve got some cat hairs stuck to the back of my throat, and could really use a glass of water.” Liz said to Hivemind. Also, if you don’t have any more tests you want to do, I have some ideas I think we should investigate.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:46 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana chuckled at Hive's comment about the lack of contact with the warlord, keeping her guns at the read and extra shell close to her. "Well, it's the rule of the universe aint it? Dramatic timing, reveal and tension takes a lot to be set up! All that's gonna be missing is the theme song."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:36 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3863
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Um... All right?" Kol answers, a look of confusion on her face faintly visible through the semitransparent visor. while she does hold up her hand in a manner that mirrors kolt, she seems unsure what she's doing and because of the height difference it's doubtful he can reach that high.

- - - - - - -

>Wierd exceptions like you asside, typically the only thing that stops an infestation attempt is secondary infection prematurely killing the host.
>though i suppose his capacity to steal Gifts, might have led to one that can mess with things...
>No way to tell.

>as for the brain thing, we don't have those remember?
>Conlony of semi-independent nodes that can move around and reorganize ourselves. the only centralized part is the index.
>Come on, you've been inside my processor. how did you forget that?

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3082
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt seemed nonplussed by the height difference, merely lifting himself into the air in order to reach Kol’s hand, giving it a gentle smack before returning to the ground. ”Well then my friend, let’s head to the shuttle.” He said, turning to head towards the others. ”Judging by what I read in your file, you probably want to go back to sleep.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.