Reply to topic  [ 2863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 72  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Hannabelle looked out over the edge. "Well," she said happily, "for an old hunter there aren't too many more interesting ways..." She threw herself out. "So long as the brakes work!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny lined up next to Kol. "Come on," she encouraged her friend, "you're not going to let HER be the oldest jumper are you?" And she waited for her friend.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, I'm an engineer," Keeva told the unseen Hivemind. "Vehicles a speciality. Send me where I'm useful, wouldya?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Seena waited on Colorado now, dressing in the green shirt and miniskirt outfit she'd bought yesterday, along with the green thigh-boots.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp sat back and buckled in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken kept practising as the not-him danced badly. But the movement was becoming a little smoother.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
<<I'm in the secured Command Bunker,>> the President claimed. <<I can't give you exact co-ordinates as they're probably listening but...>> Sana's ears pricked up and she beamed a smile as she turned the sound down and the microphone off.
"I know the co-ords," she stated quickly. "I hacked the files some months back." She put a finger to her lips and turned the equipment back on.
<<...transit area and we'll get you from there. Is that acceptable?>> Sana was trying to indicate he should say yes with fervent nodding as though she might get in trouble for hacking government systems...

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:21 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"no reason we can't still divert their attention. How hard do you think it'd be for me to get to the repair carier's engineering section and overide the helm while you lot are boarding? i'd imagine being rammed by what you thought was a friendly ship is pretty distracting. I've got EVA i can catch up." Kobor offered after they were in transit.

- - - - - -

Kol seems a bit nervous at first, being much higher up tan any jump she'd done before... atleast until jenny spoke up, competitive streak winning out over caution as she sprinted for the bay door and lept. "not a chance."

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny laughed as Kol thundered out. "Come on, Kolt," she called, "last one down's a rotten egg!!" And she launched herself into the void.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenevive sighed. She'd thought about this moment for quite some time. Ever since Goltan had started... guessing things. She saw one of the Hivedroids, took a breath and approached. "Mr, uh, Hivemind," she said when close. "Can I ask you something? Uh..." She wrung her handpaws. "Well.. Goltan's been getting... VERY good at hunting over recent months... He says he knows what the animals are doing and... well, it helps him hunt so I've never questioned it I've often thought he was lying. But..." She looked embarrassed and more than a little confused about things right now. "I know Celica's under attack and Mother's probably going down there but..." An ear drooped as she continued wringing her hands. "Hive, he says he just saw my Mother throw herself out of the ship when we're in ORBIT? He's kidding, right?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.



Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:52 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3089
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt jumped out as soon as Archangel said to, and was currently zipping back and forth around the senior Champion. ”AAAAHAAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHA!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!” He screamed out, clearly enjoying this despite being in the middle of a war zone.
His partner on the other hand, wasn’t enjoying himself as much. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?!!?!?!?!!? THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!
-
Liz gave a quick nod before taking the bridge seat. ”Thank Primus for similar control schemes.” She said, before starting up the ship and flying out into the battle field. ”I’m assuming you have the clearance codes to prove we’re with them?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:54 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana gave a light shrug in preparation, "Let the good times roll." Then leaping into the fall. As she fell through the sky the feeling of exhilaration flowed through her as well as anticipation of what lay below on the ground.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3846
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich stepped forward and looked over the edge into the abyss that stood before him, "Glad I was not afraid of the high dive," he said to himself as he took a step back and pushed off from the edge.

------------

Chris pulled himself into the cockpit quickly and waited a second before putting the helmet on, enjoying the feeling of the weightlessness as gravity regained its hold on them. He slipped the helmet on and synced up as they began plummeting towards the planet.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:10 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, I'm an engineer," Keeva told the unseen Hivemind. "Vehicles a speciality. Send me where I'm useful, wouldya?"


"Well, I could use a second opinion on the state of my combat droids. I will send you to their storage facility." Hivemind said.

The door opened, but not to the hanger. Instead, beyond the portal was a massive room filled with dormant androids lined up in rows. Tanks and unmanned vehicles lined the sides. The Three Warriors, Warlord, Lumberjack, and Predator, rested in the back.

------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken kept practising as the not-him danced badly. But the movement was becoming a little smoother.


Hivemind continued to watch over Jaken and guide him as he learned to use the telepresence droid.

------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<I'm in the secured Command Bunker,>> the President claimed. <<I can't give you exact co-ordinates as they're probably listening but...>> Sana's ears pricked up and she beamed a smile as she turned the sound down and the microphone off.
"I know the co-ords," she stated quickly. "I hacked the files some months back." She put a finger to her lips and turned the equipment back on.
<<...transit area and we'll get you from there. Is that acceptable?>> Sana was trying to indicate he should say yes with fervent nodding as though she might get in trouble for hacking government systems...


Hivemind nodded back at Sana before addressing the "President" again. "It is. However, you cut out for a second. Which transit area are you referring to?" He said.

------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenevive sighed. She'd thought about this moment for quite some time. Ever since Goltan had started... guessing things. She saw one of the Hivedroids, took a breath and approached. "Mr, uh, Hivemind," she said when close. "Can I ask you something? Uh..." She wrung her handpaws. "Well.. Goltan's been getting... VERY good at hunting over recent months... He says he knows what the animals are doing and... well, it helps him hunt so I've never questioned it I've often thought he was lying. But..." She looked embarrassed and more than a little confused about things right now. "I know Celica's under attack and Mother's probably going down there but..." An ear drooped as she continued wringing her hands. "Hive, he says he just saw my Mother throw herself out of the ship when we're in ORBIT? He's kidding, right?"


Hivemind paused and considered her for a second. "We should probably discuss this somewhere more private. Follow me please."

Hivemind led Jenevive through a portal door to Champion tower, and then to one of the meeting rooms. When they got there, Hivemind addressed her again.

"Your Mother is currently on route to Celica via an Angel Drop with some of the best heroes we have. An Angel Drop, since you likely don't know, is sort of like a skydive from orbit. So yes, technically Hannabelle did throw herself from the ship. However, it is a controlled dive with full safety equipment and a team of people who pretty much invented this tactic. You don't have to worry." Hivemind said calmly before addressing the other issue. "To me, it sounds like Goltan could be Clairvoyant. It's a power in the psychic family, and lets him see things that are happening that he shouldn't be able to see."

------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp sat back and buckled in.

Buster Wrote:
"no reason we can't still divert their attention. How hard do you think it'd be for me to get to the repair carier's engineering section and overide the helm while you lot are boarding? i'd imagine being rammed by what you thought was a friendly ship is pretty distracting. I've got EVA i can catch up." Kobor offered after they were in transit.


The Wyvern gave Kobor a look as if he had just said something completely ridiculous. "There is a definite reason why we can't do that. Here, take a look out this window..." He pointed out of the bridge window at a ship that, in the mix of chimerical abominations, was the only one that was consistently sleek and advanced. It was also relatively small. "That is the command ship. and THAT..." He turned his finger toward an absolutely massive megacarrier. While it's armaments were light, it was big enough to dock six heavy cruisers, three on the port side, three on starboard. "That is the repair carrier. Ramming the command ship with the carrier would turn it to less than dust. That being said... you might be on to something else." He said, thoughtfully. "If you can override the helm, we might be able to lock the command ship in once they dock for repairs. That will buy us all the time we need to board."

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz gave a quick nod before taking the bridge seat. ”Thank Primus for similar control schemes” She said, before starting up the ship and flying out into the battle field. ”I’m assuming you have the clearance codes to prove we’re with them?”


The Wyvern nodded dismissively. "Don't worry about it, Captain. The ship will broadcast the clearance codes on it's own. Hivemind added that feature."

------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle looked out over the edge. "Well," she said happily, "for an old hunter there aren't too many more interesting ways..." She threw herself out. "So long as the brakes work!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny lined up next to Kol. "Come on," she encouraged her friend, "you're not going to let HER be the oldest jumper are you?" And she waited for her friend.

Buster Wrote:
Kol seems a bit nervous at first, being much higher up tan any jump she'd done before... atleast until jenny spoke up, competitive streak winning out over caution as she sprinted for the bay door and lept. "not a chance."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny laughed as Kol thundered out. "Come on, Kolt," she called, "last one down's a rotten egg!!" And she launched herself into the void.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt jumped out as soon as Archangel said to, and was currently zipping back and forth around the senior Champion. ”AAAAHAAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAHA!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!” He screamed out, clearly enjoying this despite being in the middle of a war zone.
His partner on the other hand, wasn’t enjoying himself as much. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?!!?!?!?!!? THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana gave a light shrug in preparation, "Let the good times roll." Then leaping into the fall. As she fell through the sky the feeling of exhilaration flowed through her as well as anticipation of what lay below on the ground.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich stepped forward and looked over the edge into the abyss that stood before him, "Glad I was not afraid of the high dive," he said to himself as he took a step back and pushed off from the edge.

------------

Chris pulled himself into the cockpit quickly and waited a second before putting the helmet on, enjoying the feeling of the weightlessness as gravity regained its hold on them. He slipped the helmet on and synced up as they began plummeting towards the planet.


"Everyone, get back in formation!" Gadgeteer snapped over the communicators. "We have fighters inbound, and I need to get our shield up!"

As the group shot through space, propelled by gravity and their EVA thrusters, two fighter wings, each five Varanian orbital craft strong, closed in on them from the left and from the right.

"Eyes up and guns out if you've got them, people!"

Evidently an Angel Combat Drop actually involves combat while you are dropping.

------------------------------

MT flew closer to the center. He handed control of his minigun to Chris before locking on to the gun and engines of one of the fighters.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Righty-ho," Keeva said, rubbing her hands together and stepping in. She located a toolbox to one side and grabbed it to assist her as she headed over to double check the droids. She began work, occasionally asking about things she didn't recognise but generally working on her own, using her qualified skills and a few of her improvisational ones where needed to patch.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Jenny said simply, still wondering how the metal muzzlepiece moved, "at least the trip's not boring!" She pulled her energy shotgun around and linked it to her targeting visor before firing.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle said nothing, letting her actions talk for her as she brought the special rifle Hive had given her to bear on the furthest incoming craft and 'fired'
---------------------------------------------------------------
<<The Central city midwest station,>> Zabta commented. <<More interference,>> she asked as Sana blew an audible raspberry before slapping an alarmed hand over her mouth.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jenevive looked understandably befuddled and she was quite happy to be sitting down - which was odd as she didn't remember sitting on the floor - and she looked up. "How..?" she asked, before swallowing. "How... did this happen? I don't... um think there's been a case of this on my mate's side and... I'm sure there's nothing... um, on my side... So how..?" She swallowed. "Mother will enjoy the drop, yes," she agreed, trying and failing to distract herself from Goltens' issue. "How... How do I stop him seeing things he shouldn't? Like his grandmother killing things like there's no tomorrow? Which.. which there might not be if she doesn't. Oh, gods..."
--------------------------------------------------------------
The NotJaken hopped through the portal and arrived where the real Jaken had sent him as Jaken ugnored the fact he'd forgotten breakfast. He'd gone days without stuff before. He was busy so it could wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Corp ran a check on his weapons as he waited on the call to board.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:32 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"_____, is everything in this reality over engineered to ridiculous size? No wonder you lot don't use gateways, you'd never fit anything inside em." Kobor complains, as the 'dual voice' of the stop speaking in unison. he had expected 'repair carrier' to refer something like the skeletal looking mobile shipyards humans liked to build, more scaffold than hull. not that... thing.

"Gremlins in the engine room it is then. Wonder how badly i can bug-up their system before they detect me?" the Glados-like voice of Talya chimes in.

- - - - - -

Kol's attempt to join in goes... about as smoothly as one would expect when ones only real projectile acts more like an engine than a weapon in this kind of environment; she gets accidentally ejected from the group in the opposite direction she was aiming, and now one of the fighters has claw marks in it's dorsal fuselage and a very angry passenger clinging to it's hull and crawling claw swipe by metal-rending claw swipe towards the cockpit canopy.

- - - - - -

"YES! GOT IT!" *VWEEEM*

- - - - - -

((system message))
[Transporter event detected.]
[Origin: Steelhaven]
[Destination: hostile field barracks on planet surface]

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3089
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As soon as Archangel gave the order, Kolt turned to face the incoming fighters. He placed a forcefield in front of himself and formed a fist under one of the ships. ”Here’s hoping Mythos’ theory was right.” He said, before slamming the fist into the ship, hoping the lack of atmosphere would provide less resistance or something? He didn’t know, he couldn’t remember how Mythos had explained it.
-
”Okay then. I hope you’re sure it works.” Liz said, flying through the storm of fire from both sides. As they got closer to their destination, she slowed down, trying to act more like a damaged ship. ”Moment of truth.” She said, feeling a little nervous.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:20 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12889
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah, me mam'd be th' same wi' youse," Sarah explained. "She were conned by a Jock an' divvun forgive nor f'rget. She were still breathin' las' I 'eard, though that were a few years back. Were nivvir close wi' most've m'family 'cept wor Charlie boy. Wond'r if'n 'es contacted 'em?" She shrugged. "Aggie sounds a star, like. Y'must 'ave some stories..."

"Aye, tha' Ah dae. Who's Charlie boy?"

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Righty-ho," Keeva said, rubbing her hands together and stepping in. She located a toolbox to one side and grabbed it to assist her as she headed over to double check the droids. She began work, occasionally asking about things she didn't recognise but generally working on her own, using her qualified skills and a few of her improvisational ones where needed to patch.


Hivemind stood by and watched Keeva work, answering questions as needed, when he noticed an anomaly. The Predator drone just woke up, entirely on it's own.

The glowing lights of the full spectrum eyes blinked on. "Autonomous mode engaged. Downloading backlogged updates. Safety protocols updated. Preservation systems upgraded. Control shifting enabled." It lifted it's head up and looked around. "Updates ready for field test." The robot stepped off of it's charging station.

Hivemind's voice echoed on the intercom in the room. "WAR-313, Stand down."

"Order Acknowledged." The droid stopped and stood idly in place. "Awaiting commands."

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<The Central city midwest station,>> Zabta commented. <<More interference,>> she asked as Sana blew an audible raspberry before slapping an alarmed hand over her mouth.


"Yes..." Hivemind said, shooting a look at Sana. "It seems like it. I will have one of our teams make for the Central City Midwest Station the moment they are available. All teams are scheduled to retake the anti-air weapons to pave the way for further orbital support drops, but as soon as one is available I will send them your way."

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenevive looked understandably befuddled and she was quite happy to be sitting down - which was odd as she didn't remember sitting on the floor - and she looked up. "How..?" she asked, before swallowing. "How... did this happen? I don't... um think there's been a case of this on my mate's side and... I'm sure there's nothing... um, on my side... So how..?" She swallowed. "Mother will enjoy the drop, yes," she agreed, trying and failing to distract herself from Goltens' issue. "How... How do I stop him seeing things he shouldn't? Like his grandmother killing things like there's no tomorrow? Which.. which there might not be if she doesn't. Oh, gods..."


The hive droid knelt down to try to comfort Jenevive. "Please, don't worry. We have ways of handling things like this here. Clairvoyance is not the most difficult power to work with." He said, once again applying reason and logic to try to calm someone down and having no idea if it would work or not. "In the short term, I can up the power of his limiters to make sure he can't see outside the ship. As for your mother, she's carrying a target painter. She can't use any more power than I allow her to have."

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
The NotJaken hopped through the portal and arrived where the real Jaken had sent him as Jaken ugnored the fact he'd forgotten breakfast. He'd gone days without stuff before. He was busy so it could wait.


Hivemind, however, did not forget the fact that Jaken had forgotten breakfast. He had prepared some and brought it up. It was waiting for whenever Jaken was ready for it.

----------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"YES! GOT IT!" *VWEEEM*

- - - - - -

((system message))
[Transporter event detected.]
[Origin: Steelhaven]
[Destination: hostile field barracks on planet surface]


Hivemind couldn't help but laugh a bit in thinking what was about to happen to the Varanian ground forces. "Go get 'em, June." He said to himself.

- - - - -

Down on the surface in the field barracks placed on the outskirts of the capitol city, absolute chaos erupted. The second June transported in, every heavily armed Varanian in the room turned to their new arrival. Several roared to alert units in the other rooms while the others drew their guns and tried to fire, only to find their guns had all simultaneously jammed. Three of them threw down their guns and charged at June. However, at that moment, one of the others who had attempted to fix his gun fired off a shot accidentally. It shot directly in front of one of the charging soldiers, causing him to recoil back, slip, and fall to the ground. The shot ricocheted off of the walls, bouncing around the room like a lethal ping pong ball. The Varanians roared and ducked for cover. Meanwhile, the gun was continuing to fire off shots with no control, and the Varanian dropped it like a hot sheet of metal and ran for it. Within a minute, every hostile in that room was desperately trying to find cover or get out of the room as fast as possible as shots from the rifle sailed over their heads.

----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle said nothing, letting her actions talk for her as she brought the special rifle Hive had given her to bear on the furthest incoming craft and 'fired'


"Target acknowledged." Hivemind said over the team's shared comm system. "Payload override PEMP1."

In the distance on the ship, a set of blast doors opened up, and a missile launcher extended out of them. A single missile launched from it and soared straight at the painted fighter. "Package sent." The missile got closer to the fighter, adjusting it's aim until it detonated before hitting the fighter.

The explosion itself was small, but sent out a localized EMP that shut down all five fighters in that group. As the fighters drifted harmlessly in their current paths through space, Hivemind spoke to Hannabelle privately. "Hannabelle, I'm going to have to limit your access to mostly non-lethal offensive weapons for the time being. I will tell you why when you are on the surface."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well," Jenny said simply, still wondering how the metal muzzlepiece moved, "at least the trip's not boring!" She pulled her energy shotgun around and linked it to her targeting visor before firing.


Considering this is open space and the fighters are still hundreds of meters away, the shotgun does next to nothing.

Buster Wrote:
Kol's attempt to join in goes... about as smoothly as one would expect when ones only real projectile acts more like an engine than a weapon in this kind of environment; she gets accidentally ejected from the group in the opposite direction she was aiming, and now one of the fighters has claw marks in it's dorsal fuselage and a very angry passenger clinging to it's hull and crawling claw swipe by metal-rending claw swipe towards the cockpit canopy.


The fighter Kol is attached to suddenly starts rolling violently in order to shake her off. Ocassionally it would abruptly shift directions and start rolling the other way as well.

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as Archangel gave the order, Kolt turned to face the incoming fighters. He placed a forcefield in front of himself and formed a fist under one of the ships. ”Here’s hoping Mythos’ theory was right.” He said, before slamming the fist into the ship, hoping the lack of atmosphere would provide less resistance or something? He didn’t know, he couldn’t remember how Mythos had explained it.


The lack of atmosphere and the low gravity did make it easier to move the craft, however that was still a lot of mass to move. That being said, the fist managed to damage the fighter's engine, and it started to spin out of control. Unable to control it's path, it spiraled out into space.

The three fighters left that weren't dealing with an angry alien occupant opened fire, sending white hot bolts of plasma at the group.

"Shield is up!" Gadgeteer stated as the plasma bolts struck the invisible force field. "70% power on our shields!" He growled.

Seeing what was happening with Kol, Archangel spoke up. "Someone get ready to catch her! I don't know how long she'll be able to hold on!"

----------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"_____, is everything in this reality over engineered to ridiculous size? No wonder you lot don't use gateways, you'd never fit anything inside em." Kobor complains, as the 'dual voice' of the stop speaking in unison. he had expected 'repair carrier' to refer something like the skeletal looking mobile shipyards humans liked to build, more scaffold than hull. not that... thing.

"Gremlins in the engine room it is then. Wonder how badly i can bug-up their system before they detect me?" the Glados-like voice of Talya chimes in.


"Hopefully enough to get us on the command ship." The Wyvern said, a little uncertain. He looked at the two, a bit concerned. "Do you have anything heavier than the 50? It will do fine with the grunts, but if you run into any heavyweights you might find yourself wasting ammo."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Okay then. I hope you’re sure it works.” Liz said, flying through the storm of fire from both sides. As they got closer to their destination, she slowed down, trying to act more like a damaged ship. ”Moment of truth.” She said, feeling a little nervous.


The signal was sent. A minute passed. Then two. Then, as they drifted closer to the carrier, they got a confirmation response before the carrier started pulling the Trojan corvette in with a gravitational tractor beam.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:21 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Talya reaches up and taps the particle canon mounted on her shoulder "particle canon. Beam has a 5cm diameter, Max output is 5GJ/s, imparted onto the target as about 80/20 thermal and kinetic. If i have external power it can run continuously till the gauss coils melt. right now its set to 1/4 power at 150ms bursts." Talya explains, stopping a moment, to project a holographic recording of continuous power from said beam cutting into and breaching the shield of a certain possessed mech a few days ago. "It's supposed to be used to carve up asteroids into manageable chunks for refining... but, well... it's also supposed to have a cooling assembly and independent power... I was in a hurry and built a stripped down version..."

- - - - -

Kol might not be able to crawl forward any more, but she still has a relatively strong grip on the dorsal fuselage she can probably hold on for a good minute or so... assuming a chunk of the hull doesn't shear away from having claws dug into it first anyway.

she is getting extremely dizzy though.

- - - - -

(Will post for june later)

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Well, hello handsome," Keeva said, noting WAR-313 as it moved. "You're a gorgeous piece of work, aren't you? More of a cruise liner than a Family car. I bet you've got some impressive stats, eh?" She moved to the next droid to give it the check over and make sure it came up to the standard of the first. "So you operating within normal parameters, War-313?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenevive grinned slightly. "That she WON'T like. I don't want Golten going on missions," she continued quickly, her mind going back to her other problem. "I had enough of that fear when I was growing up in regards to Mother. I couldn't accept it with regards to my son too. Not... not that I can tell him that, of course. Unless he already knows, of course." she looked around the room as though to check her son wasn't there. "Oh, this will be trouble..." She decided to pick herself up off the floor.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny angled herself more towards the fighter that was giving Kol a roller coaster ride and pushed towards it carefully.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Hannabelle replied, keeping her weapon ready for use again. "If it has to be, it has to be. Invasions shouldn't be too much fun anyway."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken tested his fine control by having the NotJaken feed him a sandwich. He managed to make it a half and half. Half on him, half in him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm just there to jam the doors," Corp muttered. "Any which way I can."
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Me 'alf brother Charles," Sarah said. Frae a one night dalliance wi' a Komondor frae Sund'rland." Sarah Chuckled. "Looks like a Collie rasta wi' 'is cords. Loyal t' all th' family, e'en after 'e joined th' service an' became a Lieutenant last I 'eard. Tha' dalliance were the main reason Dad 'eaded out, mind.|" She poked Cailean in the rib gently. "Not fer the affair, like, but the fact 'e were from Sunderland!"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:49 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana pulled her sniper rifle into her grasp and let a barrage of plasma fly at the enemy ships that posed the greatest threats, letting the one Kol was on be, not wanting to risk hurting her team mate. While she shot she kept an eye on Kol's ship, in case she'd need to step in to help.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:54 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Down on the surface in the field barracks placed on the outskirts of the capitol city, absolute chaos erupted. The second June transported in, every heavily armed Varanian in the room turned to their new arrival. Several roared to alert units in the other rooms while the others drew their guns and tried to fire, only to find their guns had all simultaneously jammed. Three of them threw down their guns and charged at June. However, at that moment, one of the others who had attempted to fix his gun fired off a shot accidentally. It shot directly in front of one of the charging soldiers, causing him to recoil back, slip, and fall to the ground. The shot ricocheted off of the walls, bouncing around the room like a lethal ping pong ball. The Varanians roared and ducked for cover. Meanwhile, the gun was continuing to fire off shots with no control, and the Varanian dropped it like a hot sheet of metal and ran for it. Within a minute, every hostile in that room was desperately trying to find cover or get out of the room as fast as possible as shots from the rifle sailed over their heads.


June meanwhile is shooting fish in a barrel with a weapon that barely does anything, but keeps painting people to be transported because its the one she mis-wired while she was messing with the transporter...

- - - - - -

[Transporter event detected.]
[Origin: Surface]
[Destination: Repair carrier]
[Transporter event detected.]
[Origin: Surface]
[Destination: hostile vessel 217]
[Transporter event detected.]
[Origin: Surface]
[Destination: geostationary orbit]
[Transporter event detected.]
[Origin: Surface]
[Destination: 4000ft above sea level]
[Transporter event detected.]
[Origin: Surface]
[Destination: friendly vessel]
(ETC.)

- - - - - -

"are we expecting company? cause i just picked up an EM spike in one of the other compartments..." Talya asks just before a high pitched sound followed by the thump of footsteps can be heard.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3846
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich unslung the cryo-rifle from his back and started taking shots at the ships around him as he fell, with varying degrees of accuracy. Occasionally it swiped a hand to the side, sending a bolt of light through the canopy of a ship.

-------------

Chris expertly directed the minigun from ship to ship, leading each target until it had been thoroughly riddled with rounds.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:58 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Corp sighed and stood up from his seat, readying his plasma cannon. "Well," he said in response to Talya's warning, "let's go back and say 'hi'." He headed for the foor after checking the armour worked.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3089
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt watched as the fighter he struck spiraled off into space, and smiled. ”Now I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I think I can tell when I’ve broken something important.” He said, before forming two more fists under two of the other fighters, and trying to hit them in the same spot he did the last one.
-
”Did they teleport on? I thought this ship would have shielding against that.” Liz said, as she pulled a rather impressive looking rifle out of hammerspace. She started shifting into her son, the armor morphing and shrinking with her, until she looked like an unshaven version of her son.
Lewis looked at his mother for a second, before shaking his head. ”I am never going to get used to that.” He said as he pulled a pistol out of hammerspace.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:16 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenevive grinned slightly. "That she WON'T like. I don't want Golten going on missions," she continued quickly, her mind going back to her other problem. "I had enough of that fear when I was growing up in regards to Mother. I couldn't accept it with regards to my son too. Not... not that I can tell him that, of course. Unless he already knows, of course." she looked around the room as though to check her son wasn't there. "Oh, this will be trouble..." She decided to pick herself up off the floor.


"He won't." Hivemind stated plainly. "Even if after he grows up he decides he wants to join the Champions, He'd be more likely placed in the intelligence department. They're the people who tell us when people need our help, but they don't go on missions." He helped Jenevive up. "Don't worry. This whole ship was built with empowered people in mind. Golten will be fine."

meanwhile, Hivemind cranked up the limiters on Golten to restrict his vision to the interior of the ship.

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken tested his fine control by having the NotJaken feed him a sandwich. He managed to make it a half and half. Half on him, half in him.


Hivemind let out a little chuckle before helping Jaken clean up the mess. "Your doing well." he said honestly. "It isn't easy when you suddenly have two of yourself to control. Imagine how I feel." he said with a laugh.

--------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Talya reaches up and taps the particle canon mounted on her shoulder "particle canon. Beam has a 5cm diameter, Max output is 5GJ/s, imparted onto the target as about 80/20 thermal and kinetic. If i have external power it can run continuously till the gauss coils melt. right now its set to 1/4 power at 150ms bursts." Talya explains, stopping a moment, to project a holographic recording of continuous power from said beam cutting into and breaching the shield of a certain possessed mech a few days ago. "It's supposed to be used to carve up asteroids into manageable chunks for refining... but, well... it's also supposed to have a cooling assembly and independent power... I was in a hurry and built a stripped down version..."


"Good, good... that should help." The Wyvern stated, a little distractedly as the ship was pulled closer to the repair carrier.

Buster Wrote:
"are we expecting company? cause i just picked up an EM spike in one of the other compartments..." Talya asks just before a high pitched sound followed by the thump of footsteps can be heard.


"No. We aren't." The Wyvern said seriously before running out to confront the intruder.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp sighed and stood up from his seat, readying his plasma cannon. "Well," he said in response to Talya's warning, "let's go back and say 'hi'." He headed for the foor after checking the armour worked.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Did they teleport on? I thought this ship would have shielding against that.” Liz said, as she pulled a rather impressive looking rifle out of hammerspace. She started shifting into her son, the armor morphing and shrinking with her, until she looked like an unshaven version of her son.
Lewis looked at his mother for a second, before shaking his head. ”I am never going to get used to that.” He said as he pulled a pistol out of hammerspace.


The team rushed out of the room and followed the footsteps until they ran into the source. A relatively small Varanian, seven feet tall, had teleported onto the ship. He wore a lightly armored uniform, didn't appear to have any weapons, and looked very confused. When Liz, Lewis, and Corp ran in, it looked like he was sizing them up and weighing his odds. However, when the giant squid monster with a minigun entered alongside a nine foot tall fire-breathing pterodactyl-dragon, the intruder's arms shot up in a universal "I surrender" position. "No shoot! Unarmed! Unarmed!"

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, hello handsome," Keeva said, noting WAR-313 as it moved. "You're a gorgeous piece of work, aren't you? More of a cruise liner than a Family car. I bet you've got some impressive stats, eh?" She moved to the next droid to give it the check over and make sure it came up to the standard of the first. "So you operating within normal parameters, War-313?"


"Negative." The predator drone stated. "Connection with HIVENET has been lost. Response: Default to autonomous mode until the connection is re-established."

"I'm trying to establish the connection again, but the Predator's AI is rejecting it." Hivemind said over the intercom. "It's blocking me out. There might be a compatibility issue with the last update..."

At that moment, one of the Varanians from the ground base teleported into the room. Alarmed, Hivemind tried to mobilize the droids in the room, but before he could wake more than a few of them up, Predator beat him to it.

"Unauthorized intruder detected." Predator stated, stepping between the enemy and Keeva. When the Varanian raised his gun in panic, Predator opened it's jaws and shot a small beam of light at him. The intruder went rigid. White light enveloped him until he was no longer visible in it. The glowing mass shrunk as WAR-313 downloaded the Varanian inside. Once the mass had shrunk down to nothing, the beam retracted and Predator shut it's "jaws" again and a small light lit up on the drone's chest.

"P-001 Download complete. Moving to deposit." The drone walked over to it's charging station and plugged into it. The light on it's chest went out, and it unplugged again. "Transfer complete."

--------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny angled herself more towards the fighter that was giving Kol a roller coaster ride and pushed towards it carefully.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Hannabelle replied, keeping her weapon ready for use again. "If it has to be, it has to be. Invasions shouldn't be too much fun anyway."

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana pulled her sniper rifle into her grasp and let a barrage of plasma fly at the enemy ships that posed the greatest threats, letting the one Kol was on be, not wanting to risk hurting her team mate. While she shot she kept an eye on Kol's ship, in case she'd need to step in to help.


Tatiana's shots tore a hole through the engine on one of the fighters. The pilot ejected the cockpit, leaving the burning useless remains of the fighter behind.

Buster Wrote:
Kol might not be able to crawl forward any more, but she still has a relatively strong grip on the dorsal fuselage she can probably hold on for a good minute or so... assuming a chunk of the hull doesn't shear away from having claws dug into it first anyway.

she is getting extremely dizzy though.


The pilot continued his efforts to shake off his four-armed hitchhiker with little success. When flames started shooting out of the holes Kol had torn in the hull, the pilot ejected, leaving only two fighters left.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt watched as the fighter he struck spiraled off into space, and smiled. ”Now I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I think I can tell when I’ve broken something important.” He said, before forming two more fists under two of the other fighters, and trying to hit them in the same spot he did the last one.


The fighters Kolt was aiming for had seen what had happened to the other fighter the telekinetic fox hit, and were ready. They spiraled out of the way of the fists and continued firing...

Deske Wrote:
Chris expertly directed the minigun from ship to ship, leading each target until it had been thoroughly riddled with rounds.


...That is until the minigun shots that they weren't prepared for tore off their guns and filled their engines with holes. The last two pilots were forced to eject.

"Can someone pick up Kol, or do I have to... WOAH!" Archangel was caught off guard when a Varanian ground trooper teleported into his path. Archangel slowed down to avoid a collision, and managed to slow down enough that they didn't splatter each other. They still hit hard, though the impact was as silent as everything else in space. Archangel looked at the reptilian. He was gasping for air that wasn't there. Ice was forming on his scales. His eyes were shut, desperately trying to keep the eyeballs from popping out of his skull. Archangel, being used to the whole "save everyone" Philosophy the champions normally had, passed the Varanian over to Gadgeteer. "You usually have an emergency EVA kit stored somewhere. See what you can do."

--------------------------

Buster Wrote:
June meanwhile is shooting fish in a barrel with a weapon that barely does anything, but keeps painting people to be transported because its the one she mis-wired while she was messing with the transporter...


The chaos continued as the Varanians kept trying to deal with their intruder. They had no idea who she was or where she came from. They just knew that when she showed up, it was like a bomb going off. Their weapons were shutting down or misfiring. Anyone who got close to her would slip or trip on whatever convenient object had dropped onto the floor during the mad scramble. They were calling in for backup to deal with a two-day-old shark person.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jenny kept heading for Kol, watching the pilot eject as she got into position to try and grab her friend. "Come on, Kol," she called, "if you wanted your own fighter you just had to ask."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenevive stood shakily. "How do you manage it," she asked. "Managing this whole lot? I'd be insane in a minute."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You never need a mirror to look at your own bottom," Jaken said with a grin. He kept working on fine control.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, I'm quite thankful you're malfunctioning," Keeva told the 313 after its actions. "What did you do to him? Or her?" She moved on to the next Drone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't think I have cuffs strong enough for him," Corp said, lowering his weapon fractionally.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3089
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Where did he-you know what, doesn’t really matter right now.” Kolt said, putting a forcefield around the Varian while Gadgeteer got his emergency EVA out. ”I have no idea if this is going to help at all, so you’d better hurry.”
-
As soon as Corp mentioned how they didn’t have cuffs strong enough to contain the Varian, Lewis and Liz shared a look before each pulling a roll of duct tape out of hammerspace. ”He looks strong. Three inches thick?”
”Two, we’re short on time.”
Lewis gave a quick nod before getting to work wrapping the Varians muzzle in duct tape while his mother did the wrists.
Once they were sure he was sufficiently restrained, Liz retracted her suits fingers in order to acquire and daze him, before knocking him out with the butt of her rifle...... or at least trying, as hitting him with it only made the casing brake. Liz looked a the rifle, then back at the Varian. ”Jiminy Christmas, you are a tough species.” She turned back to the others. ”Okay then. Now we’ve got to find a place to hide this guy where he won’t cause so much fuss before we arrive.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Last edited by Legotron123 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:46 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12889
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Me 'alf brother Charles," Sarah said. Frae a one night dalliance wi' a Komondor frae Sund'rland." Sarah Chuckled. "Looks like a Collie rasta wi' 'is cords. Loyal t' all th' family, e'en after 'e joined th' service an' became a Lieutenant last I 'eard. Tha' dalliance were the main reason Dad 'eaded out, mind.|" She poked Cailean in the rib gently. "Not fer the affair, like, but the fact 'e were from Sunderland!"

Cailean laughs.
"Sunderland, hey? Ye cannae really blame him fer leavin then, can ye!" Cailean jokes, relaxing a little.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:44 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Ah s'pose not," Sarah chuckled, putting a comforting arm around Cailean but still looking up. "Bu' 'e's al'aes wi' me, y'ken? When ah need 'em ah c'n think've what 'e'd say. 'Ow 'e'd react, me da. 'E'd like youse. A bit." Now she looked at him. "Until ya said onnythin', a'course."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hm, might be a good thing that failed," Corp said as the intruder baled at them. "Gives us a chance to question him." Taking one of his older blades from a pouch he cat the tape on the trapped fellows muzzle. "Reattach that when we're about to arrive," he suggested as he put the blade away. He looked the intruder in the eye and felt the fear and confusion in the Varanians' mind. "Who are you," Corp asked coldly. "What are you doing here. Where's your battle force and what are their objectives? Trust me, I'll know if you lie. Then I'll let the big guy ask the questions. And clean the mess after."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.



Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:50 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
The team rushed out of the room and followed the footsteps until they ran into the source. A relatively small Varanian, seven feet tall, had teleported onto the ship. He wore a lightly armored uniform, didn't appear to have any weapons, and looked very confused. When Liz, Lewis, and Corp ran in, it looked like he was sizing them up and weighing his odds. However, when the giant squid monster with a minigun entered alongside a nine foot tall fire-breathing pterodactyl-dragon, the intruder's arms shot up in a universal "I surrender" position. "No shoot! Unarmed! Unarmed!"
Legotron123 Wrote:
(Ductape shenanigans)


"We could stuff him into a locker or something?"

--------------------------

CyberDragon Wrote:
The pilot continued his efforts to shake off his four-armed hitchhiker with little success. When flames started shooting out of the holes Kol had torn in the hull, the pilot ejected, leaving only two fighters left.
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny kept heading for Kol, watching the pilot eject as she got into position to try and grab her friend. "Come on, Kol," she called, "if you wanted your own fighter you just had to ask."
Needing a moment to get her senses back in order, kol pushes away from the damaged fighter roughly in jenny's direction still a bit disoriented. "Those things buck a lot..."

--------------------------

CyberDragon Wrote:
The chaos continued as the Varanians kept trying to deal with their intruder. They had no idea who she was or where she came from. They just knew that when she showed up, it was like a bomb going off. Their weapons were shutting down or misfiring. Anyone who got close to her would slip or trip on whatever convenient object had dropped onto the floor during the mad scramble. They were calling in for backup to deal with a two-day-old shark person.
After a few minutes june needed to back off and find a corner to take shelter in... for some reason she was starting to develop a headache and it was making it harder to aim. besides she needed to switch power packs soon.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:39 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenevive stood shakily. "How do you manage it," she asked. "Managing this whole lot? I'd be insane in a minute."


"It helps when you can think about 14 trillion things at once." He laughed. "Helps even more when you've got billions of bodies to do the heavy lifting. Being a hivemind is very convenient."

------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"You never need a mirror to look at your own bottom," Jaken said with a grin. He kept working on fine control.


"I... guess?" Hivemind replied, thinking that was a weird "benefit" to focus on.

------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, I'm quite thankful you're malfunctioning," Keeva told the 313 after its actions. "What did you do to him? Or her?" She moved on to the next Drone.


"P-001 has been downloaded into digital storage. I have transferred P-001 to a digital storage facility where he will await physical restoration." the predator drone stated.

"WAR-313 was built as a sort of mobile prison. It can convert matter into data and back again. Previously I've used it to capture enemies non-lethally and in bulk. It's most recent update was supposed to give it a few extra options on what to do with that technology." Hivemind clarified.

------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I don't think I have cuffs strong enough for him," Corp said, lowering his weapon fractionally.

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as Corp mentioned how they didn’t have cuffs strong enough to contain the Varian, Lewis and Liz shared a look before each pulling a roll of duct tape out of hammerspace. ”He looks strong. Three inches thick?”
”Two, we’re short on time.”
Lewis gave a quick nod before getting to work wrapping the Varians muzzle in duct tape while his mother did the wrists.
Once they were sure he was sufficiently restrained, Liz retracted her suits fingers in order to acquire and daze him, before knocking him out with the butt of her rifle...... or at least trying, as hitting him with it only made the casing brake. Liz looked a the rifle, then back at the Varian. ”Jiminy Christmas, you are a tough species.” She turned back to the others. ”Okay then. Now we’ve got to find a place to hide this guy where he won’t cause so much fuss before we arrive.”

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Hm, might be a good thing that failed," Corp said as the intruder baled at them. "Gives us a chance to question him." Taking one of his older blades from a pouch he cat the tape on the trapped fellows muzzle. "Reattach that when we're about to arrive," he suggested as he put the blade away. He looked the intruder in the eye and felt the fear and confusion in the Varanians' mind. "Who are you," Corp asked coldly. "What are you doing here. Where's your battle force and what are their objectives? Trust me, I'll know if you lie. Then I'll let the big guy ask the questions. And clean the mess after."


The Varanian looked at Corp, a little dizzy from being "acquired" by Liz. Then he turned to look at the Wyvern. "I am Surface Private. I am not-person. I am not allowed name. A Tiny shark creature appeared out of nowhere. All our equipment broke. Tiny shark creature started shooting, and brothers disappeared. I was hit. Now I'm here." Corp would feel his fear increase, but it wasn't a fear of the Wyvern. "That is all I say."

"We won't get anything else out of him." The Wyvern said. "He's expendable to the Varanian command forces. He'd rather face any abuse we can concoct than be seen as a traitor or liability to his commanding officer."

Buster Wrote:
"We could stuff him into a locker or something?"


The Wyvern nodded. "A locker on this ship would be built strong enough to keep Varanians out. I'd assume it would keep him in."

------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny kept heading for Kol, watching the pilot eject as she got into position to try and grab her friend. "Come on, Kol," she called, "if you wanted your own fighter you just had to ask."

Buster Wrote:
Needing a moment to get her senses back in order, kol pushes away from the damaged fighter roughly in jenny's direction still a bit disoriented. "Those things buck a lot..."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Where did he-you know what, doesn’t really matter right now.” Kolt said, putting a forcefield around the Varian while Gadgeteer got his emergency EVA out. ”I have no idea if this is going to help at all, so you’d better hurry.”


Gadgeteer quickly pulled a sort of oxygen mask out and placed it over the other Varanian. It generated a small bubble environment shield around him and filled it with air. Gadgeteer painted him for pickup before pushing him towards the Beacon.

"Guys! We have a heavy cruiser moving to intercept!" Recon cried out over the communicators.

Sure enough, a large and heavily armored warship moved directly into their path. It took aim at the group with it's concentrated plasma cannon and charged it. "Titan! See what you can do!" Archangel told his fellow teammate.

Titan rocketed forward as the cannon finished charging. A bright flash radiated from the cruiser as a stream of plasma shot out of the cannon. Titan dived, moving to intercept the shot. It struck him dead on. The shot split apart after hitting her, causing it to miss the rest of the team.

The beam shut off. Titan's EVA thrusters apparently took a heavy hit, because they were burning and Titan could not control their descent. The champion sped toward the cruiser until they collided. The ship crumpled like an aluminum can from the impact before splitting apart; it's pieces flying toward the planet as if fired out of a shotgun.

"We lost Titan!"
"Don't you believe it for a second, Recon."
"Heads up, everyone, we've got debris!"

They were starting to enter the atmosphere. Burning shards from the cruiser surrounded them in every direction. Not the least among them was a chunk of the hull half the size of a football field headed straight for them. Gadgeteer took out his heaviest weapon and fired it at a burnt out weak point in the center of the shard, blasting a hole in the middle of it. "Through there!"

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Thank you," Corp told the Wyvern before turning back to the prisoner. "I'm going to do what needs to be done to accomplish my mission and save this world," he told him, "but you lot are not the real enemy, are you? It's your officers. Those who call you 'disposable'. Those who don't even credit you with a name." He shook his head slightly. "I've been where you are. An attack force grunt. One who followed orders. But I learnt. I understood. I applied knowledge and cunning and personal strength to earn a non-commissioned rank on the battlefield and now? I GIVE orders more than take them. And no-one is 'disposable'. No Officer I ever respected considered myself or my men that way and, if they had? They wouldn't be worthy of my respect. Or my life." He pulled himself up straight. "We are going to do what we have to to win here and, if we can, we will take you back with us ALIVE. Because you are worth it. Then you can choose what to do with it.You could even choose a name and help us save more of your people from your own Officers. Up to you, fella." He looked at the others, a little unused to talking so much. "Flippin' empathy," he bluffed gruffly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny strained to catch her friend, reaching desperately through space with her hands. She knew she had to adjust trajectory soon but she wasn't doing it without giving Kol the chance...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's, er, important to look good," Jaken said, trying to explain his unusual comment.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
For someone with little official, registered, experience with the Angel jump procedure, Hannabelle was doing well. She kept her talk to herself and adjusted her heading towards the specified hole, largely ignoring the carnage around her. She saw little of honour in ship-to-ship warfare like this, the deaths of dozens or even hundreds of people in the blink of an eye, without ever seeing your enemy and them you. Just doing their jobs and fighting for the lives of the people below. There was little honour in their deaths. There was more honour in vengeance in their names and she was going to bring it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"And you gave it the name WAR," Keeva asked. "Or Predator? Hardly 'hope', hmm? Wouldn't something like 'Traveller' or 'Guard' be better?" She closed up the drone she'd been operating on. "What would you think, WAR-313," she asked absently.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenevive sighed. "I suppose I'd best arrange an appointment for him with... whoever. I'll add that to the list after 'apply for a teaching job'."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3089
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt was the first one through the hole, even doing a little twirl as he dodged debris on the other side. He almost looked more at ease in the middle of a war zone then he did on the ship. ”So then, where are we aiming to land? I know we’re aiming for the anti-air cannons, but it’s hard to tell where they are from... actually, once they start firing on us, it should be pretty easy to tell where they are. Never mind, I retract the question.”
-
”I kinda like it. Brings out more of that heart you keep buried under all that gruffness.” Liz said with a smirk as she reapplied the duct tape around the Varians muzzle. Once she was finished, she pulled out another rifle to replace the one that broke, and gestured for the prisoner to get inside a nearby compartment. As soon as he was inside, she locked it up and turned to look at the others. ”Alright, we’re going to arrive any second, so make sure you’ve got everything you need.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:52 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculous sight of a warship crumble and fall through the atmosphere. As the giant chunk of ship neared them Tatiana aligned herself to pass through without knocking any of the others off course and passed on through, "Ya know?! This is the most awesome and terrifying thing I've willingly done!"

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3846
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich carefully guided himself through the hole, brushing a hand along the inside of it as he fell through,"Agreed, I would pay money to experience this without the gunfire though."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:36 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"It's, er, important to look good," Jaken said, trying to explain his unusual comment.


Hivemind chuckled. "Ok. Anyway, how are things? Think you'll be ready to send NotJaken down when the Champion teams get a foothold?"

----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"And you gave it the name WAR," Keeva asked. "Or Predator? Hardly 'hope', hmm? Wouldn't something like 'Traveller' or 'Guard' be better?" She closed up the drone she'd been operating on. "What would you think, WAR-313," she asked absently.


"WAR is the line of droids Predator is from. It stands for "Warrior". The other two are WAR-146, "Warlord", and WAR-234, "Lumberjack". "Predator" get's it's name from it's stealth mode, and how I built it to stalk behind enemy lines, hunt, and capture high value targets. I didn't consider the droid's feelings when I built it because I built it to be a Hive droid, to be controlled directly by myself, and the hive network can't connect with... sentient... droids..." Hivemind was silent for quite a while. "...That would explain a lot. Predator, what do you think of your name and number?"

"I have no opinion regarding my name." The droid stated flatly.

----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenevive sighed. "I suppose I'd best arrange an appointment for him with... whoever. I'll add that to the list after 'apply for a teaching job'."


"You know..." Hivemind started. "Tempest and The Lycan might be able to help you. Their child, Eira, is an aquakinetic Lycanthrope. Tempest is usually busy, but The Lycan I'm sure would be happy to speak with you once he's back from the surface."

----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Thank you," Corp told the Wyvern before turning back to the prisoner. "I'm going to do what needs to be done to accomplish my mission and save this world," he told him, "but you lot are not the real enemy, are you? It's your officers. Those who call you 'disposable'. Those who don't even credit you with a name." He shook his head slightly. "I've been where you are. An attack force grunt. One who followed orders. But I learnt. I understood. I applied knowledge and cunning and personal strength to earn a non-commissioned rank on the battlefield and now? I GIVE orders more than take them. And no-one is 'disposable'. No Officer I ever respected considered myself or my men that way and, if they had? They wouldn't be worthy of my respect. Or my life." He pulled himself up straight. "We are going to do what we have to to win here and, if we can, we will take you back with us ALIVE. Because you are worth it. Then you can choose what to do with it.You could even choose a name and help us save more of your people from your own Officers. Up to you, fella." He looked at the others, a little unused to talking so much. "Flippin' empathy," he bluffed gruffly.


The Varanian was silent for a while. Then he spoke again, hopelessness in his voice. "I was nameless thing. That was before. Then I ran. I was disarmed, then defeated by tiny enemy. That makes me nameless slave. Then I surrendered. I let self be captured. I no longer nameless slave. I am now nameless prey. I am weak." He looked up at the champions, tears in his eyes. "Just. Kill. Me. Is kinder fate than I deserve. A kinder fate than I will have."

The Wyvern shook his head. "We can't do that. Rest assured that if you stay put here, you will have your kinder fate. Like Corp said, we will take you back with us. And if all else fails and you are captured, I will kill you as painlessly as possible." The Wyvern said as an odd way of comforting the captured Varanian. Oddly, it seemed to work, and the Varanian went quiet as the duct tape was reapplied.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I kinda like it. Brings out more of that heart you keep buried under all that gruffness.” Liz said with a smirk as she reapplied the duct tape around the Varians muzzle. Once she was finished, she pulled out another rifle to replace the one that broke, and gestured for the prisoner to get inside a nearby compartment. As soon as he was inside, she locked it up and turned to look at the others. ”Alright, we’re going to arrive any second, so make sure you’ve got everything you need.”


"We'll have a little time before we're discovered if we can be discrete and avoid cameras. Nearly all of the repair work is automated." The Wyvern said as he got ready. "Hold on..." He left the room for a minute, then came back as soon as the carrier pulled the corvette into it's hanger and to one of it's docks. "Hivemind, the target has been painted. Fire ballista missiles."

"Ballista missiles firing in 3... 2... 1... Bolts away." Five shining objects sailed by in the distance out of the window. Five flashes followed as the missiles struck the command ship dead on. The first three hit it's shields. The fourth brought them down. The fifth struck the hull, leaving a huge tear in the exterior of the ship.

It seemed to be working. The command ship was headed for the repair carrier. The Beacon was receiving retaliatory fire, but at it's distance the shots didn't have the power to breach the Beacon's shields.

"Once that thing is docked, we'll have a very small window to do things in. The second we leave the ship, they'll know we aren't supposed to be here. They'll throw everything they can at us to make sure we don't get to the command ship. Either we get to the command ship before the repairs are complete, or you tap into the ship's systems and block their exit. Otherwise, that ship will escape."

----------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny strained to catch her friend, reaching desperately through space with her hands. She knew she had to adjust trajectory soon but she wasn't doing it without giving Kol the chance...


Seeing their trajectory was off, Archangel corkscrewed to the side, grabbed the two of them, unfurled his wings, and pushed the three of them through the hole. Recon did the same with Rika and Traci, speeding over to them and pulling them into the right path.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
For someone with little official, registered, experience with the Angel jump procedure, Hannabelle was doing well. She kept her talk to herself and adjusted her heading towards the specified hole, largely ignoring the carnage around her. She saw little of honour in ship-to-ship warfare like this, the deaths of dozens or even hundreds of people in the blink of an eye, without ever seeing your enemy and them you. Just doing their jobs and fighting for the lives of the people below. There was little honour in their deaths. There was more honour in vengeance in their names and she was going to bring it.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt was the first one through the hole, even doing a little twirl as he dodged debris on the other side. He almost looked more at ease in the middle of a war zone then he did on the ship. ”So then, where are we aiming to land? I know we’re aiming for the anti-air cannons, but it’s hard to tell where they are from... actually, once they start firing on us, it should be pretty easy to tell where they are. Never mind, I retract the question.”


"Marking the LZ on your HUDs." Gadgeteer said once the entire group was through the debris. A spot on the ground lit up in the team's vision. "IOC headquarters. Confirmed captured AA gun on the roof, suspected hostages inside. That's where we're landing first."

"Right. Activating Autopilot thrusters." Gadgeteer did something clever with his wrist-mounted data pad and the thrusters on the team's armor started up, causing them to accelerate toward their target.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculous sight of a warship crumble and fall through the atmosphere. As the giant chunk of ship neared them Tatiana aligned herself to pass through without knocking any of the others off course and passed on through, "Ya know?! This is the most awesome and terrifying thing I've willingly done!"

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich carefully guided himself through the hole, brushing a hand along the inside of it as he fell through,"Agreed, I would pay money to experience this without the gunfire though."


"Don't get too happy. A lot of people just lost their lives because a hypermassive super lost control of their thrusters. And with our heaviest hitter out of the picture for now, things just got a lot harder." Archangel reminded them as they got closer to their target.

The AA guns spotted them and started firing, but as stated before, the champions were too difficult to get a solid lock on.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"If we're your masters now," Corp said, barely looking at the Varanian as he did a final check on his weapons. "Then here are three orders. One. Choose a name for yourself. Two. You can never kill yourself. Three. Think of reasons to live."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle accepted the landing zone co-ordinates without a problem. "If you have close range weapons," she said, "ready them. We may need to clear the landing zone of enemies." She stowed the gun safely and made sure the knife was ready. If they were to secure the anti air gun Hive wouldn't be able to fire on opponents so close to it.
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gotcha, old lady," jenny said, making contact with and grabbing one of Kol's ankles a few seconds before Archangel did the same to both of them. "Hang on, Kol," she added as she was pulled into position.
------------------------------------------------------------------
"S'like playing Masked Reality hunting," Jaken said. "'Cept I was never good at that. The M R drone couldn't smell." The not-Jaken picked up a ham and English mustard sandwich and sniffed it. Both of them sneezed. "Strong mustard," Jaken said with embarrassment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Sounds good," Jenevive agreed. "Might be an idea to have this... Eera? Speak with Golten too," she added with a sigh. "If anyone can tell him how a parent would worry about a powered child, y'know?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Keeva replied, "as you're guarding me, WAR, I think I'll call you Guardian? If you like?" She paused. "We had an emergant A.I. on the STEELHAVEN for a short while. One of the Holograms became self aware. He was a nice guy too."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:54 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The disoriented felinoid just allowed herself to be dragged, more confused by how the others were changing direction without pushing off anything than cognizant of the situation, having not actually used her RCS thrusters a single time so far. not even aware what they are or how they work.

- - - - - - -

June was bunkered down now, but her headache seemed to be getting worse with every shot she dodged... at least the pressure wasn't building as fast as before...
unbeknown to her, the flesh around her eyes had started to discolor and crack, concealed by the corona of energy present.

- - - - - - -

[Warning: device Kolt_Morpher_02 is broadcasting a biometric alert.]
[Blood pressure 162% of baseline and rising]
[Metabolism at 400% of baseline and rising]
[Neurotransmitter levels 80% of baseline and falling]
[Mild dehydration]
[cause unknown]

[at present rate subject will loose consciousness in 27min. 18 sec.]

[warning: subject is not wearing stasis equipment]

((everything has limits. if they didn't Lucky gifted would be immortal.))

- - - - - - -

"You could have miss shape-shifter disembark first in lizzard form, and lead the deck staff in here to be ambushed. maintain the element of surprise?" kobor suggested, as a message popped up on the HUDs of his teamates.
>plug me into any terminal with access to the right systems and i'll get to work.
>if it's wireless capable i can run interference on route to engineering.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:41 pm
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12889
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah s'pose not," Sarah chuckled, putting a comforting arm around Cailean but still looking up. "Bu' 'e's al'aes wi' me, y'ken? When ah need 'em ah c'n think've what 'e'd say. 'Ow 'e'd react, me da. 'E'd like youse. A bit." Now she looked at him. "Until ya said onnythin', a'course."

Cailean snuggles against Sarah as she puts her arm around him.
"Och, we Scots fought Prood Edward's army an' won sae Ah'm sure Ah can take on one lone Geordie wi' no trouble at all." he grins up at the rough collie. "Nae offence."

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:45 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3089
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt frowned when he got the message from June’s suit. He opened up a call with Hivemind, ignoring the shots being fired at him as his suit did all the dodging. ”Sol, do you have any eyes on June? I just got a biometric alert from her suit, and she is not in a good spot right now.”
-
”I’m wearing Champion Armor. I think they can tell I’m not on their side.” Liz said, before she heard a loud *CLANK* from the command ship docking. ”All right, we have one shot at this, so we have to do this just right. We need to get to a control console so the squid twins can hack it and close the hanger doors, while the rest of us provide covering fire. Then, once we’ve locked the controls so they can’t open the doors, we make our way to the command ship, and cover Wyvern while he sets up the relay. Everyone understand?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:17 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Buster Wrote:
June was bunkered down now, but her headache seemed to be getting worse with every shot she dodged... at least the pressure wasn't building as fast as before...
unbeknown to her, the flesh around her eyes had started to discolor and crack, concealed by the corona of energy present.

- - - - - - -

[Warning: device Kolt_Morpher_02 is broadcasting a biometric alert.]
[Blood pressure 162% of baseline and rising]
[Metabolism at 400% of baseline and rising]
[Neurotransmitter levels 80% of baseline and falling]
[Mild dehydration]
[cause unknown]

[at present rate subject will loose consciousness in 27min. 18 sec.]

[warning: subject is not wearing stasis equipment]

((everything has limits. if they didn't Lucky gifted would be immortal.))


"Oh... ****"

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt frowned when he got the message from June’s suit. He opened up a call with Hivemind, ignoring the shots being fired at him as his suit did all the dodging. ”Sol, do you have any eyes on June? I just got a biometric alert from her suit, and she is not in a good spot right now.”


"On it. I'm sending down emergency help. ETA, 20 minutes."

- - - - -

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well," Keeva replied, "as you're guarding me, WAR, I think I'll call you Guardian? If you like?" She paused. "We had an emergant A.I. on the STEELHAVEN for a short while. One of the Holograms became self aware. He was a nice guy too."


The droid looked her straight in the eye, as if scanning her. "Incorrect. I spotted a hostile intruder and neutralized the threat. I am not your guard. You were a civilian in the line of fire. I was obligated to protect you for that reason only." Predator stated. "If you wish to call me Guardian, I will register that as an alias. However, your given reasoning is inaccurate."

"Predator, I need to send you planetside now. Something came up and I need to get you down there as soon as possible. You will be left autonomous during this assignment. Are you ready to go?" Hivemind stated.

"Initial diagnostics indicate no malfunctions. Field test is needed. I am ready." Without another word, the robot walked out of the room through a portal door designed for vehicle access. It emerged in front of a heavy ordinance drop pod, climbed inside, and then launched toward June's location as indicated by a tracking device Hivemind put on her suit during their chat.

- - - - -

In the meantime, Hivemind was taking aim. He needed to pull pressure off of June. He locked onto June's location and used an external camera on the ship to get a better look. He offset his aim two hundred and fifty meters away to the outskirts of the base.

[hornet missiles launching]

------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"S'like playing Masked Reality hunting," Jaken said. "'Cept I was never good at that. The M R drone couldn't smell." The not-Jaken picked up a ham and English mustard sandwich and sniffed it. Both of them sneezed. "Strong mustard," Jaken said with embarrassment.


"Seems like you're getting the hang of things. And with time to spare too. Anything you want to do while we wait for the ground teams to clear the area? Or rather, are there any two things you'd like to do?" Hivemind stated with a small laugh.

------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Sounds good," Jenevive agreed. "Might be an idea to have this... Eera? Speak with Golten too," she added with a sigh. "If anyone can tell him how a parent would worry about a powered child, y'know?"


"Eira. And you've actually met her before. She calls herself Arctos, The Ice Wolf, and on some planets The Blood Witch. She definitely knows about concerned parents, but probably for different reasons than powers, honestly." Hivemind stated.

------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"If we're your masters now," Corp said, barely looking at the Varanian as he did a final check on his weapons. "Then here are three orders. One. Choose a name for yourself. Two. You can never kill yourself. Three. Think of reasons to live."


This seemed to infuriate the varanian. He pulled his arms apart, easily tearing out of the duct tape bindings, then ripped the tape off of his muzzle. "You. Are not. My MASTER!"

Before things could escalate, The Wyvern stepped in. The Varanian lunged with all of his strength packed in a left hook aimed at the Champion.

The Wyvern raised a wing in front of himself, and the varanian's attack bounced off with an almost cartoonish boink!

POW! The Wyvern struck the Varanian across the jaw with the back of his hand with enough force to send him flying into the locker, where he struck the back hard enough to dent the metal of the container. The Varanian slumped to the ground, dazed. "Stay there and do what the mouse says, or I'll make you." He shut the locker and locked it before turning to Corp. "Varanians respect strength. He surrendered due to our numbers and equipment, and so we never demonstrated strength. Thus you did not have his respect when you gave your orders. He now respects me, though, and will do as I say."

Buster Wrote:
"You could have miss shape-shifter disembark first in lizzard form, and lead the deck staff in here to be ambushed. maintain the element of surprise?" kobor suggested, as a message popped up on the HUDs of his teamates.
>plug me into any terminal with access to the right systems and i'll get to work.
>if it's wireless capable i can run interference on route to engineering.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I’m wearing Champion Armor. I think they can tell I’m not on their side.” Liz said, before she heard a loud *CLANK* from the command ship docking. ”All right, we have one shot at this, so we have to do this just right. We need to get to a control console so the squid twins can hack it and close the hanger doors, while the rest of us provide covering fire. Then, once we’ve locked the controls so they can’t open the doors, we make our way to the command ship, and cover Wyvern while he sets up the relay. Everyone understand?”


"Not to mention you don't speak Varanian." They Wyvern added before nodding that he understood.

They waited until the command ship pulled into the hanger, luckily docking in the same hanger they were in. However, it was on dock on the other side of the ship. "Time to move." he said before running out, keeping his head low and moving fast to hopefully get as far as he could before triggering the alarm.

------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle accepted the landing zone co-ordinates without a problem. "If you have close range weapons," she said, "ready them. We may need to clear the landing zone of enemies." She stowed the gun safely and made sure the knife was ready. If they were to secure the anti air gun Hive wouldn't be able to fire on opponents so close to it.
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Gotcha, old lady," jenny said, making contact with and grabbing one of Kol's ankles a few seconds before Archangel did the same to both of them. "Hang on, Kol," she added as she was pulled into position.

Buster Wrote:
The disoriented felinoid just allowed herself to be dragged, more confused by how the others were changing direction without pushing off anything than cognizant of the situation, having not actually used her RCS thrusters a single time so far. not even aware what they are or how they work.


"Hang on, everyone. We're almost there. Engaging Airbrake thrusters in 3. 2. 1. Now." The teams' suits righted themselves as thrusters jutted out of the backs of their armor and fired up. Their descent slowed down considerably as they landed on the target.

Archangel unfurled his wings at the last moment and flew over the rooftop. "I've got ten hostiles on the roof."

Gadgeteer landed hard in the middle of a group of three of them, launching them back and almost cracking the roof. In one fluid motion, he stood up, his guns shot from his holsters to his hands, and he fired what looked like lightning bolts from them. The bolts struck two hostiles, who seized up from the electricity and collapsed onto the ground.

Recon wasn't aiming for the roof. Instead, she applied her air brakes until she was moving almost horizontally toward the top floor windows where she could see varanians with hostages inside. She was about to hit the window when she vanished suddenly, reappearing inside and hitting the floor with a well practiced roll. The nanosecond she was on her feet again, chaos broke loose like a bomb had just gone off. Before they could even raise their weapons, two of the varanian soldiers were blasted out of the window. A third took an uppercut to the jaw that embedded him in the ceiling. His head was now sticking out of the roof awkwardly. The fourth was currently at the receiving end of Recon's shock sticks. He collapsed into a twitching heap. "I can take care of the hostages. You guys secure the roof."

MT, like Archangel, was flying overhead. He was too close for the AA guns to be effective at targeting him. He switched his ammunition to Amber shot, targeted the enemies below, and handed controls of the gun to Chris.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9803
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"I'd never be a good master anyway," Corp said, refusing to elaborate as he made sure his weapon was primed for automatic fire on a high setting. He'd seen the enemy now and reckoned they'd shrug off a stun setting. He ran into the ship, doing his best to keep the noise down.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny landed with her energy shotgun ready on heavy stun and firing into the group around the gun as Hannabelle came down close by. With her being unable to assist in the immediate mission she backed up to where she was behind the rooftop door. When something came through she ascertained its' nature as Varanian before putting her knife to use in its' back, aiming for the gaps between scales with strength that belied her slight looking form.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Not much, Mr Mind, sir," Jaken said in stereo as the notJaken put the sandwich back. "Has the fighting begun?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I bet Golta's not in there," Sana said. "although I kinda hope he is. Coz, y'know, that'd mean he's O.K. Sort of." She raised her hands high as the monitor frizzed for a moment. "Leave those satellites alone you ******** - pardon my Solonian - How are we going to..." She paused and looked at Hive. "How are THEY communicating," she asked curiously.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He seemed a nice guy," Keeva said breezily, getting on with the job.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenevive laughed bitterly. "Well, I suppose I'd better try and distract him. 'Knowledge of violence without the knowledge of cost risks the glorification of the obscene' as Kerala Mastin said. I'm not having Mother glorify violence for him without even trying!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"None taken, luv," Sarah said, gently holding Cailean and then giving him a soft lick on the top of his muzzle. "No' like y'said ah waz from Liv'rpool."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:56 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kobor meanwhile splits off from the group, making a bee-line for the bay's docking control station, or atleast what appears to be one, snapping off a quick spray of shots at the deck staff working there. Hoping to take them out before they can sound any sort of alarm, or release the other docked vessels from their moorings.

a few feet away one of the more attentive deck staff is about to reach for a weapon, when a varanian dressed like he should be serving a food counter in a mess hall teleports in in mid air and lands on him. the two making a rather loud 'thwump' as they wind up sprawled on the floor.

- - - - - -

June's rate of fire has slowed a bit, taking time to aim instead of relying on her luck to hit everything seems to be helping with the headache, the sharklet having atleast parytially put the pieces together on why she's in pain.

- - - - - -

Back on solid ground, Kol was far more in her element. Power axe and chain axes out, she roared and charged the biggest thing she could find. swinging with the intent of 'disarming' the creature in a much more literal sense than that phrase is usually taken.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3089
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Okay. I’d prefer it’d be quicker, but I’ll trust you to save my daughter. Don’t break that trust.” Kolt said before cutting the call. He landed behind the group facing Kol, grabbing one with his powers and using them as a makeshift wrecking ball to smack the others.
-
As soon they left the ship, Liz and Lewis started using their powers to fling the opposition off off the hanger railings. They were constantly making and breaking lines, leaving any Varian they encountered on their way to the control station suddenly flying through the air for a second before just as suddenly finding themselves falling to the hanger floor, with no railing to stop their fall.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:52 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Not much, Mr Mind, sir," Jaken said in stereo as the notJaken put the sandwich back. "Has the fighting begun?"


"It has. I'm hoping it won't be long before we can send notJaken down." Hivemind said. "We can also use the notJaken droid to catch the people behind your assassination attempts."

-------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I bet Golta's not in there," Sana said. "although I kinda hope he is. Coz, y'know, that'd mean he's O.K. Sort of." She raised her hands high as the monitor frizzed for a moment. "Leave those satellites alone you ******** - pardon my Solonian - How are we going to..." She paused and looked at Hive. "How are THEY communicating," she asked curiously.


"Directly. Same as us." Hivemind replied. "Communicators utilizing quantum entanglement. Nearly no lag, no interference, no interception."

-------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"He seemed a nice guy," Keeva said breezily, getting on with the job.


"It's an offensive combat drone. He wasn't built to be nice. Until now, there have been no signs of independent intelligence from the Predator drone. Now that there are signs, it will have to be socialized. I'll need to get him a hobby." Hivemind said.

-------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenevive laughed bitterly. "Well, I suppose I'd better try and distract him. 'Knowledge of violence without the knowledge of cost risks the glorification of the obscene' as Kerala Mastin said. I'm not having Mother glorify violence for him without even trying!"


"I've already turned up the limiters around him. He can't see outside of the ship."

-------------------

Buster Wrote:
June's rate of fire has slowed a bit, taking time to aim instead of relying on her luck to hit everything seems to be helping with the headache, the sharklet having at least partially put the pieces together on why she's in pain.


The ground started to shake violently and a continuous racket echoed throughout the base.

A large and heavily armored Varanian showed up and roared some sort of command at the remaining soldiers. ["Orbital attack! The walls have been breached! You three, stay here and make sure that thing is contained. The rest of you, prepare for an external assault!"]

All but three of the soldiers went with the commander. The remaining three locked the door to the room June was in, took cover, and watched the door with guns raised.
["Should... Should we go in? Clear it out?"]
["You first."]

-------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I'd never be a good master anyway," Corp said, refusing to elaborate as he made sure his weapon was primed for automatic fire on a high setting. He'd seen the enemy now and reckoned they'd shrug off a stun setting. He ran into the ship, doing his best to keep the noise down.

Buster Wrote:
Kobor meanwhile splits off from the group, making a bee-line for the bay's docking control station, or atleast what appears to be one, snapping off a quick spray of shots at the deck staff working there. Hoping to take them out before they can sound any sort of alarm, or release the other docked vessels from their moorings.

a few feet away one of the more attentive deck staff is about to reach for a weapon, when a varanian dressed like he should be serving a food counter in a mess hall teleports in in mid air and lands on him. the two making a rather loud 'thwump' as they wind up sprawled on the floor.

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon they left the ship, Liz and Lewis started using their powers to fling the opposition off off the hanger railings. They were constantly making and breaking lines, leaving any Varian they encountered on their way to the control station suddenly flying through the air for a second before just as suddenly finding themselves falling to the hanger floor, with no railing to stop their fall.


The deck staff immediately dove for cover throughout the dock as the alarm immediately went off. It didn't seem like any of the deck staff triggered it. Instead, either the gunfire automatically set it off, or someone saw them on security cameras and triggered it from the security office. Either way, the unarmed deck staff were quickly being replaced by armored soldiers.

"So much for subtlety." The Wyvern said before opening his mouth and vomiting forth a stream of burning fluid at one of the doors, blocking one of the entrances the reinforcements were coming through. He continued running toward the command ship, trying to get to it before the repair drones got it spaceworthy again.

a dozen armed and armored Varanians have entered. Four are firing at Liz and Lewis, Four are firing at Kobor/Talya, and Four are firing at The Wyvern.

The Wyvern responded by spitting a wad of burning fluid into his hands and hurling it at his attackers, who dove out of the way.

-------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jenny landed with her energy shotgun ready on heavy stun and firing into the group around the gun as Hannabelle came down close by. With her being unable to assist in the immediate mission she backed up to where she was behind the rooftop door. When something came through she ascertained its' nature as Varanian before putting her knife to use in its' back, aiming for the gaps between scales with strength that belied her slight looking form.


It took a few shots, but one of the Varanians finally dropped to the ground, stunned. The Varanian Hannabelle stabbed roared in pain. It spun around, knife still in it's back, and grabbed Hannabelle.

Gadgeteer saw and blasted him with an electric bolt from one of his guns. The Varanian seized up, let go of Hannabelle, and fell to the ground.

Buster Wrote:
Back on solid ground, Kol was far more in her element. Power axe and chain axes out, she roared and charged the biggest thing she could find. swinging with the intent of 'disarming' the creature in a much more literal sense than that phrase is usually taken.


Turns out the chain axes aren't really built with Varanian scales in mind, and they do very little. The power axe was more successful, digging deep into one Varanian's arm. It roared, raised it's gun, and fired point blank at Kol, along with two other nearby Varanians.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Okay. I’d prefer it’d be quicker, but I’ll trust you to save my daughter. Don’t break that trust.” Kolt said before cutting the call. He landed behind the group facing Kol, grabbing one with his powers and using them as a makeshift wrecking ball to smack the others.


The Varanian knocked into four others, including one of the ones firing at Kol. They are dazed for a moment as they try to get back to their feet.

While the Varanians were distracted, Gadgeteer got started hacking the AA gun.

-------------------

After Recon freed the hostages on that floor, she moved on to the next one. More windows shattered on the next floor down, and Varanians flew out of them.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:02 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2863 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 72  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.