Reply to topic  [ 3050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 77  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Liz was silent for a moment as she pondered what her having powers meant. She didn’t really feel any different, but the tester had no reason to lie about the results, so she supposed he was right. And there were worse powers to get than shape shifting, though some small part of her said that those powers would make Hivemind try extra hard to get her to join his organization. That was something to worry about later though, as she still needed to finish the rest these tests. ”I’m ready for the next round when you are.” She told the tester, the polite smile on her face masking her inner uncertainty.
Her son on the other hand, could easily tell when his mother was worried about something, and it didn’t take a genius to figure out it had something to do with discovering she had powers. He frowned and looked back at the staff member managing the lines. ”How do you put up with it?” He asked her. ”How do you deal with living on ship full of people with powers that violate the laws of reality, and who could probably kill you with just an errant thought?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:00 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Hivemind led Sarah and the twins Cailean and Conall over to the scanning booth. He explained how the scanner worked. "This scanner will detect if you have signs of powers. If it does, it will try to narrow those powers down as much as it can. The person running the scanner will then direct you to where you can go to find out more specific details about the ability you got, or point you to the place everyone is gathering if you don't have any powers. Captain Liz wants the whole of the Steelhaven crew to go through this test so you know the power is there and don't accidentally realize you have the ability to blow up things by touching them or something."

Cailean's paws freeze mid-translation and Conall tilts his head.
"Wait, Back up a minute. What dae ye mean, powers? Why would we hae powers? An' separatin' people? Sounds an awful lot like 'divide an' conquer' tae me." The younger dog gives his curious brother a "wait a moment" gesture, promising to explain more when he understands more.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:17 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Seems some've us've got pow'rs, Cailean," Sarah explained, signing for Conall before she pointed at a Feline from
Engineering who floated past reaching out to grab anything as she passed. Sarah picked up a chair and held it up for the Havenite to grab onto.
"I don't know how to land," the engineer shrieked, battering Sarah's eardrums.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I can feel their confusion and fears and hopes but that could just be a general thing," Corp stated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Seena said, after thinking, "anything unusual? I'm in season, pregnant after one attempt and I just survived an exploding spatial anomaly by being spat into a universe that seems to violate most physical laws I now. Does that count as unusual? Other than that, I don't know. I hope it's to do with languages. I like languages."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken set about checking the ship, portalling through doors and rubble where needed and letting people out, either under their own steam or with his help. The bodies he moved into places others could get to. He decided he'd try not to think on this too often.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:54 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4115
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Epsilon never thought she would find herself irritated by people actually acknowledging that she was generally better at everything than most... Though a large part of that probably came from her 'game' of confusing their equipment coming to an abrupt end. With an irritated huff, and no good distractions left, she tromped off to find someone who could do something about her arm. It was covered and sterile, for now, but by the looks of it, she'd probably need a replacement for the charred synthmuscle bundle in her upper arm, and grafts for the surrounding tissues. ...and get her blood screened for excess silicon and heavy metals if any of it got in there while molten...

Blasted armor not doing it's job. This is going to be irritating... Oh well, better get a move on.

"Excuse me..."


- - - - - -

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as Kol let go of his shoulder, Quint took a step back and started rubbing his shoulder to help alleviate some of the pain. ”Geez. Anyone ever tell you you have one strong grip?” He said, continuing to rub his shoulder until Hivemind mentioned why she in the infirmary. ”Yeah, that is kind of our fault. We got a bit too enthusiastic using a new weapon, and we forget to make sure you were out of the way when we started shooting some of the attackers. Sorry about that.”


"I'm a miner, I'm used to breaking rocks with these." was her immediate retort to the comment about her grip, flexing her claws. from her tone and smile though it sounds like she took it as a compliment.

Stretching and getting to her feet, Kol was surprised at first that she couldn't feel any injuries. She was Sure she had taken a few hits... Then again, this place was wierd. "I suppose that explains the headache, Try not to do that again."

- - - - - -

((Kobor is going to take a bit more time than i have right now, and i've lost track of june again...))

_________________
Characters


Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:42 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2442
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz was silent for a moment as she pondered what her having powers meant. She didn’t really feel any different, but the tester had no reason to lie about the results, so she supposed he was right. And there were worse powers to get than shape shifting, though some small part of her said that those powers would make Hivemind try extra hard to get her to join his organization. That was something to worry about later though, as she still needed to finish the rest these tests. ”I’m ready for the next round when you are.” She told the tester, the polite smile on her face masking her inner uncertainty.
Her son on the other hand, could easily tell when his mother was worried about something, and it didn’t take a genius to figure out it had something to do with discovering she had powers. He frowned and looked back at the staff member managing the lines. ”How do you put up with it?” He asked her. ”How do you deal with living on ship full of people with powers that violate the laws of reality, and who could probably kill you with just an errant thought?”


The tester led the captain onward to the testing area. "I'll be honest with you, I've never really tested a shapeshifter before." she said. "The test for it is this thing that tries to induce the transformation. I've been told it's gentle, but I've never used it myself" the human pointed to a kind of enclosed booth. "Something about mild pulses or frequencies or something triggering the shift. I don't really know. I do know Hivemind wouldn't use it if it were dangerous." She opened the door and gestured for Liz to enter.

Meanwhile, the worker, a young adult basilisk-like Varanian turned and responded to Lewis. "I don't think about it. The hive and the Champions keep it from happening I guess. Don't know how. You'd have to ask them. Corytophians have bigger fears than rare unstable powers, and I just care the hive and champions keep them at bay."

-----------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Cailean's paws freeze mid-translation and Conall tilts his head.
"Wait, Back up a minute. What dae ye mean, powers? Why would we hae powers? An' separatin' people? Sounds an awful lot like 'divide an' conquer' tae me." The younger dog gives his curious brother a "wait a moment" gesture, promising to explain more when he understands more.


"A lot of people from your ship have gained powers, I suspect from the exposure to the brief period of logical void you passed through resulted in... You know what? Weird stuff happens, weird stuff happens because of it." He said, getting kind of tired of explaining things that don't even make much sense to him.
Upon his motivations being questioned, he was slightly annoyed. "First, if I was trying to divide you, why would I have everyone group back together by those doors over there?" He pointed to the large group of people who have gathered by the doors after their tests, waiting to be let through. "Second, if I was trying to conquer, then why would I bother with the rescue, healing, and dividing when everything is literally surrounded by me? I am a HIVEMIND after all." At the last part, multiple nearby robots chimed in, including the screen at the information booth, a couple nearby droids, and a passing cargo transport. "Believe it or not, I really do just want to help. That's the whole reason I built this ship in the first place. If you have powers, it is best you find out from the test and not from accidentally hurting someone with them. It was also your own captain's idea for everyone to take this test."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Seems some've us've got pow'rs, Cailean," Sarah explained, signing for Conall before she pointed at a Feline from
Engineering who floated past reaching out to grab anything as she passed. Sarah picked up a chair and held it up for the Havenite to grab onto.
"I don't know how to land," the engineer shrieked, battering Sarah's eardrums.


"Ah... hold on." He turned to the feline. "Flight abilities usually have some kind of practical or convenient way of steering. Try pointing both arms downward. Once you touch the ground, you should stick to it again" He turned back to the others. "Anyway, we have a lot to do, so the quicker we get the tests done, the better. If you want to stick together and follow each other as you take your tests, I won't stop you."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"I can feel their confusion and fears and hopes but that could just be a general thing," Corp stated.


"Great." the insectoid stated flatly. "Can you tell me what I'm feeling right now?" If he focused on the insect, Corp would pick up on the fear and anxiety the insect has being near so many titans that could easily crush him or eat him whole if they felt like it. He was hiding the fear, helped along by a feeling of trust that the hive would keep him safe should anything try to break the glass to get to him.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well," Seena said, after thinking, "anything unusual? I'm in season, pregnant after one attempt and I just survived an exploding spatial anomaly by being spat into a universe that seems to violate most physical laws I now. Does that count as unusual? Other than that, I don't know. I hope it's to do with languages. I like languages."


"I'd say that counts as very unusual, though not the kind of unusual we are looking for." The tester looked back at the computer screen. "Unfortunately, with so little to go on, I can't point you to a proper test. You'll just have to let someone know if you feel any changes. In the meantime, please gather with the others by the door. You'll be let into the interior of the ship after Hivemind addresses everyone."

-----------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Epsilon never thought she would find herself irritated by people actually acknowledging that she was generally better at everything than most... Though a large part of that probably came from her 'game' of confusing their equipment coming to an abrupt end. With an irritated huff, and no good distractions left, she tromped off to find someone who could do something about her arm. It was covered and sterile, for now, but by the looks of it, she'd probably need a replacement for the charred synthmuscle bundle in her upper arm, and grafts for the surrounding tissues. ...and get her blood screened for excess silicon and heavy metals if any of it got in there while molten...

Blasted armor not doing it's job. This is going to be irritating... Oh well, better get a move on.

"Excuse me..."


The hive droid she addressed turned to her. "Yes? Can I help you?"

-----------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"I'm a miner, I'm used to breaking rocks with these." was her immediate retort to the comment about her grip, flexing her claws. from her tone and smile though it sounds like she took it as a compliment.

Stretching and getting to her feet, Kol was surprised at first that she couldn't feel any injuries. She was Sure she had taken a few hits... Then again, this place was wierd. "I suppose that explains the headache, Try not to do that again."


Hivemind spoke up. "We should be getting back to the arena. Are you feeling up to continue the fight, Kol?"

-----------------------------

Buster Wrote:
((Kobor is going to take a bit more time than i have right now, and i've lost track of june again...))


((The last we saw June, she asked what Jaken was doing and Hivemind told her he was helping the people in a wrecked starship they found.))

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3912
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado shrugged, "Sounds good to me. I'll answer them to the best of my ability."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Do not worry. Neither me or Kolt have any intention of hitting you with another shot like that.” Quint said, neglecting to mention that they didn’t intend to hit her the first time and it still happened. ”Anyways, you want to walk with us, or is it okay if we go ahead?”

—MEANWHILE—

”I suppose having something else to be worried about probably helps.” Lewis said, moving forward to take his mother’s place in the testing area as she moved into the booth. ”Though if I’m completely honest, I’m not the kind of guy who can just ignore a potential danger like that. If there’s a guy who can blow stuff up with his mind living just down the hall from me, I’m going to feel a bit worried.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Corp didn't even close his eyes behind the visor, he just regarded the tiny interrogator. "You're afraid but that's common.
A lot of people are when dealing with me. You don't need to worry. Your HiveMind'll react if anyone tries anything.
" He smiled slightly. "And I think you know that."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ok," Seena remarked, wheeling herself over to the largest group as a Feline pointed their arms down and dropped like a stone to the floor in the distance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jakens arms were more dirt and red coloured than white now as he kept pulling the wounded to safety and looked for Rika.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:41 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Mah entire family save fer Conall was murdered by terrorists last week." Cailean growls coldly, "Ye've disarmed mah guard, yer searchin' an' scannin' mah shipmates an' yer tellin' me it's all on th' orders o' mah captain. Fergive mah bein' a wee bit cautious. Fer all Ah ken tha' floatin' feline's a hologram an' ye caused oor ship tae crash yerself. Ye've nae given me much reason tae trust ye sae fergive mah disbelief o' fantastical stories. Insignia healed us occasionally just sae they cuid continue th' torture, an' they hae experts in psychological manipulation workin' fer them. Fer all Ah ken this is just another scheme o' theirs an' until Ah see some proof otherwise yer gonnae hae tae put up wi' a bit o' suspicion an' incredulity."

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2442
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Colorado shrugged, "Sounds good to me. I'll answer them to the best of my ability."


"Okay, then." The Varanian reached down and grabbed some cards. With the backs facing Colorado, he asked "The first information gathering test checks for your ability to gather information not immediately visible. It usually checks for thought-reading or penetrating vision, but any methods of seeing what is on these cards is valid as long as it isn't just... getting up and coming around to my side to sneak a look." On the side of the cards facing the Varanian were a house, a self-driving car, a mag-lev, and a stereotypical rocket ship.

-------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I suppose having something else to be worried about probably helps.” Lewis said, moving forward to take his mother’s place in the testing area as she moved into the booth. ”Though if I’m completely honest, I’m not the kind of guy who can just ignore a potential danger like that. If there’s a guy who can blow stuff up with his mind living just down the hall from me, I’m going to feel a bit worried.”


"Again, I don't know how he does it. I just know that I can't worry myself over something that has never happened. On Varan, Varanians keep Corytophians as edible livestock. I live next door to a Varanian family." The Corytophian stated directly. "That is more concerning to me than the random chance of being on the receiving end of an unstable power, yet it still doesn't rule my life. Over the years, that family has done nothing to me, either because of them being... actually good people... or because of the threat of the hive keeping them under control, I don't know. I just know I will never live peacefully if I am forever worried about what might happen."

-------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp didn't even close his eyes behind the visor, he just regarded the tiny interrogator. "You're afraid but that's common.
A lot of people are when dealing with me. You don't need to worry. Your HiveMind'll react if anyone tries anything.
" He smiled slightly. "And I think you know that."


The insectoid looked at Corp, considering him. "...Correct on both all counts but one. It isn't you specifically I am afraid of. Though being an empath wouldn't tell you the specific fear, only the general fear. And yes, I do trust Hivemind to protect me. Not that.... I don't want to sound like some kind of weird dictator-worshiping cultist. None of us feel that way about him. It's just he's really good at his job." The creature got back on track. "Anyway, seems you have offensive thermal knives and psychic empathy. You can move on to the big group by the door."

-------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
"Mah entire family save fer Conall was murdered by terrorists last week." Cailean growls coldly, "Ye've disarmed mah guard, yer searchin' an' scannin' mah shipmates an' yer tellin' me it's all on th' orders o' mah captain. Fergive mah bein' a wee bit cautious. Fer all Ah ken tha' floatin' feline's a hologram an' ye caused oor ship tae crash yerself. Ye've nae given me much reason tae trust ye sae fergive mah disbelief o' fantastical stories. Insignia healed us occasionally just sae they cuid continue th' torture, an' they hae experts in psychological manipulation workin' fer them. Fer all Ah ken this is just another scheme o' theirs an' until Ah see some proof otherwise yer gonnae hae tae put up wi' a bit o' suspicion an' incredulity."


Hivemind helped the fallen feline up. "You'll have to practice flying later. I'll help you with that." He turned to Cailean. "I am sorry for your loss. I wish I could help you, and I will try to help you as best as I can. However, I can't help you if you aren't willing to trust me. If you don't believe me about this, you can ask your captain yourself once she is done with her own tests."

-------------------------

The tester started the machine to induce any transformation Liz might be capable of.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Last edited by CyberDragon on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:38 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Ah'll go first," Sarah said, offering herself as she looked around the room. "Y'seem t' be everywhere, fella," She mentioned to a drone, nodding over to a triage station. "Why's there three've you close t' there?"
----------------------------------------------------
Corp headed over to the group but kept his own counsel.
----------------------------------------------------
The latest one was hurt. He could see that from the state of the floor around him. He was in one of the crew rooms and the room was in absolute chaos. Metal frames had buckled and broken in here and Jaken reckoned that at least some of the metal had skewered the Canine until he'd 'slid' off. There was an unconscious human in the room too, an old one that Jaken had tried to wake without much luck. He put his fingers to the neck of the Canine as his father had shown him and tried to feel the blood flow. It was faint. Fading. He reckoned he had no real choice but to try a portal but he was deep into the ship at the moment and medical attention was outside. And he had to hold it open too. He concentrated, closed his eyes and thought hard of the docking bay. If only he'd paid more attention to the layout on the way in.

It surprised him when the portal opened and, keeping his face screwed up tight with concentration, he brought the fading Canine into the bay before returning to half carry, half drag, the human. He just got him through before he collapsed from the effort and the portal sparked out.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As soon as the machine started up, Liz started to feel a sorta tingly feeling all over her body, as if every individual patch of skin on her body was trying to hold in a sneeze. Before she could ask the tester if that was normal, she noticed that the walls of the booth seemed to be growing larger. Once she noticed that, she started noticing other ways her body was changing, like her fingers getting stubbier and going from five to four, her philtrum and nose extending to form a muzzle, and black and silver curly hair-no, fur growing over her entire body. Before she knew it, the changes had stopped, and she looked like the splitting image of her son, if he didn’t shave his fur and wore a uniform several sizes too large for him. ”Um, okay. This........ is not what I expected.” She said, looking over her new body with a combination of shock and wonder. ”Though I’m kinda disappointed my clothes didn’t shrink with me. It feels weird how something that once fit me like a glove now makes me feel like I’m wearing something meant for one of those giant mascot statues.”

—MEANWHILE—

”I guess that’s a fair enough point.” Lewis said, as some of the other testers waved all sorts of scanners across his body. ”I’m probably just being paranoid. Today hasn’t exactly been the best day, if you couldn’t tell from the state of our ship.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:33 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2442
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah'll go first," Sarah said, offering herself as she looked around the room. "Y'seem t' be everywhere, fella," She mentioned to a drone, nodding over to a triage station. "Why's there three've you close t' there?"


"You have no idea."Hivemind commented before looking over to the station where Hannabelle was treating more of the injured. "Some trust issues with the 'medic'. She's part of our reformation program. Around here, we try to take people who have done bad things and reform them to be productive members of society. That's all I'm comfortable saying about her at the moment." He lead her to the scanner. It detected no signs of powers. "Nothing. Alright. Who's next?" He turned to Cailean and Conall.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
The latest one was hurt. He could see that from the state of the floor around him. He was in one of the crew rooms and the room was in absolute chaos. Metal frames had buckled and broken in here and Jaken reckoned that at least some of the metal had skewered the Canine until he'd 'slid' off. There was an unconscious human in the room too, an old one that Jaken had tried to wake without much luck. He put his fingers to the neck of the Canine as his father had shown him and tried to feel the blood flow. It was faint. Fading. He reckoned he had no real choice but to try a portal but he was deep into the ship at the moment and medical attention was outside. And he had to hold it open too. He concentrated, closed his eyes and thought hard of the docking bay. If only he'd paid more attention to the layout on the way in.

It surprised him when the portal opened and, keeping his face screwed up tight with concentration, he brought the fading Canine into the bay before returning to half carry, half drag, the human. He just got him through before he collapsed from the effort and the portal sparked out.


Hivemind took a number of medics and rushed over to the injured. They carried the two injured past the group and through the doors, which shut again once he and the doctors were through. They took them immediately to the hospital.

"You did an excellent job, Jaken. Are you going to be OK?"

-----------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as the machine started up, Liz started to feel a sorta tingly feeling all over her body, as if every individual patch of skin on her body was trying to hold in a sneeze. Before she could ask the tester if that was normal, she noticed that the walls of the booth seemed to be growing larger. Once she noticed that, she started noticing other ways her body was changing, like her fingers getting stubbier and going from five to four, her philtrum and nose extending to form a muzzle, and black and silver curly hair-no, fur growing over her entire body. Before she knew it, the changes had stopped, and she looked like the splitting image of her son, if he didn’t shave his fur and wore a uniform several sizes too large for him. ”Um, okay. This........ is not what I expected.” She said, looking over her new body with a combination of shock and wonder. ”Though I’m kinda disappointed my clothes didn’t shrink with me. It feels weird how something that once fit me like a glove now makes me feel like I’m wearing something meant for one of those giant mascot statues.”


"Most physical shapeshifters can only change their body, from what I know. I'm kind of an obsessed fan of the Lycan, so I have looked up some shapeshifting things." The tester said. "Hold on, I'm changing you back." She started the reversal process on the machine.

-----------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I guess that’s a fair enough point.l Lewis said, as some of the other testers waved all sorts of scanners across his body. ”I’m probably just being paranoid. Today hasn’t exactly been the best day, if you couldn’t tell from the state of our ship.”


"Understandable." The Corytophian Varanian said. "It looks like your scanner picked up on something."

"The scan indicates you have a mental power related to telekinesis. Will you take him over to the rest of the tests, James?"

The Corytophian, who definitely didn't look like a 'James' replied. "Sure. Right this way." He led Lewis to the next testing station.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3912
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Doctor Vanderbilt stared at the backs of the cards trying in vain to perform some sort of astral projection or mind reading trick. He clasped his hands together and tapped his thumbs against each other as he began to answer the question. He felt a light but strange tugging feeling but ignored it until what he could only describe as the feeling of an existential crisis slowly impose it's way on to his mind. It felt slightly alien but at the same time it was familiar, almost too familiar. He looked at the aide with a raised eyebrow before turning his head to investigate what that tugging feeling was since the feelings being so close together felt a little too connected to ignore. He stopped and stared, contemplating whether he was looking at some sort of hologram. He turned back to the tester disbelief written on his face, "What's with the hologram?"

He asked as his mirror image stammered out, "I'm not- I'm..." The 'hologram' hunched over, the stress of being unintentionally created without warning threatening to reintroduce him to his breakfast. "I- I don't- I'm not."

Doctor Vanderbilt nodded slowly, a feeling of panic, the kind he remembered feeling the last time he'd had a bad nightmare. "Oh," He stated simply as his eye alerted him that his heart rate had just spiked to higher than normal conditions.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Exhausted," Jaken replied, trying to push himself back up. "Too many. Portals. Last one too..." he tried to find the right word. "Long," he decided on. "From too far away," he corrected, standing unsteadily before dropping back down onto his backside. He made to stand again, unwilling to give up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp sat, watching the others and doing his best to read their faces rather than their intense confusion. He knew these people, knew how they thought. He could guess as to who was thinking of planning to 'use' their abilities and for what. So he kept himself apart from the group. He'd let the HiveMind guy in on the facts later. Probably.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle applied the ointment to one of the few other youngsters on the STEELHAVEN, a Rabbit girl whose parents worked in sciences and engineering and were amongst the currently missing entities. She turned the girls' hand and saw her cry out. "You should have been in the other queue," Hannabelle said, quickly regretting hr sharpness. "This wrist is fractured or broken," she continued, more gently. She looked around. The other stations were still busy with the wounded. "Right." Hannabelle took her top off, leaving just an undershirt to cover her modesty. She tore the shirt to strips and fashioned a tourniquet for the girl. "It's still in need of treatment," she explained, putting it on the girl,, "but you should be more comfortable with that now." She smiled at the girl, who gave a small shudder before Hanna gently moved her into another line, putting her close to the front of the queue before heading back to her station. She noted there seemed to be several new male members in her line. Or was it her imagination?

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:07 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4115
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
(kobor's counter argument can not be transcribed due to forum rules)

Talya gives no indication of powering back up, and despite being pure text, her message back carries a sense of irritation.
>No, it really wasn't worth the attempt. all you've actually accomplished is ensuring he's too angry to have a civil conversation for the next few hours. possibly longer.
>you can't just talk someone out of a mindset they've had their entire life.
>even if your arguments were perfect, which they were far from it, someone who doesn't want to believe what they're hearing wont. Period. Especially when they don't trust the source.
>any amount of talk or evidence can be denied by a stuborn enough mind, and if you'll recall my brother is stuborn enough to try and keep fighting despite knowing he's bleeding out and his host body will probably die.

>As for me, he's the dominant half of who we used to be, not me. Best i can do is stay out of it.


- - - - - - - -

"go on ahead without me. i'll catch up when this headache clears up." Kol comments shaking her head.

- - - - - - - -

Blunt and straight to the point, Epsilon states, "I need access to a cybernetics lab, and a supply of Mustelid compatible tissue grafts." tone wise it comes out sounding like a question, but it's phrased more like a demand...

- - - - - - - -

along the way there a coincidentally timed distraction allows June to slip away from her mechanical chaperone, again. while she's relatively easy to track, by the time another droid is able to intercept her, she's just outside the bay... which she should have had know way of knowing how to get to...

...and immediately walks straight into the door face first, as it's servo just spontaneously shorted out when it tried to open, as if trying to deny her entry.

"Ow... What the... Why didn't it open?"

_________________
Characters


Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Okay then. We will tell the others you are going to be a while, and to start the exercise without out.” Quint said, before turning to look at the Hivemind drone. ”Do you mind showing us the way back to the training area? Neither of us were really paying attention to where we were going.”

Liz gave a little nod to the tester to signal her to go ahead with the signal, and then just sat back and tried to make sure her clothes didn’t get damaged in the change. Once she was done, she stepped out of the booth and looked over at the tester. ”So, any ideas on why the first thing I turned into was my son? Because I’m a little confused about that.”

Lewis raised an eyebrow at the scanners declaration. ”Telekinesis, huh? That could be interesting, depending on the limitations.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Last edited by Legotron123 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
After a brief conversation with Conall which involves an inordinate number of their secret signs, Cailean grudgingly and cautiously steps into the scanner.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:32 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2442
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Doctor Vanderbilt stared at the backs of the cards trying in vain to perform some sort of astral projection or mind reading trick. He clasped his hands together and tapped his thumbs against each other as he began to answer the question. He felt a light but strange tugging feeling but ignored it until what he could only describe as the feeling of an existential crisis slowly impose it's way on to his mind. It felt slightly alien but at the same time it was familiar, almost too familiar. He looked at the aide with a raised eyebrow before turning his head to investigate what that tugging feeling was since the feelings being so close together felt a little too connected to ignore. He stopped and stared, contemplating whether he was looking at some sort of hologram. He turned back to the tester disbelief written on his face, "What's with the hologram?"

He asked as his mirror image stammered out, "I'm not- I'm..." The 'hologram' hunched over, the stress of being unintentionally created without warning threatening to reintroduce him to his breakfast. "I- I don't- I'm not."

Doctor Vanderbilt nodded slowly, a feeling of panic, the kind he remembered feeling the last time he'd had a bad nightmare. "Oh," He stated simply as his eye alerted him that his heart rate had just spiked to higher than normal conditions.


The tester dropped the cards in shock. "I... uh... I think we just discovered your power..." He wasn't sure what to do. He called Hivemind over and one of the droids stopped by.
"Doctor Vanderbilt, what happened? You've... multiplied!" He wasn't sure what else to say either. This wasn't a common power.

-----------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Exhausted," Jaken replied, trying to push himself back up. "Too many. Portals. Last one too..." he tried to find the right word. "Long," he decided on. "From too far away," he corrected, standing unsteadily before dropping back down onto his backside. He made to stand again, unwilling to give up.


"Easy... here." Hivemind helped Jaken up and led him over to a bench. "Sit down and rest. You've done brilliantly. I'm proud of you, Jaken. You've saved a lot of lives today. We can handle things for a while so you can just sit right there and recover."

-----------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle applied the ointment to one of the few other youngsters on the STEELHAVEN, a Rabbit girl whose parents worked in sciences and engineering and were amongst the currently missing entities. She turned the girls' hand and saw her cry out. "You should have been in the other queue," Hannabelle said, quickly regretting hr sharpness. "This wrist is fractured or broken," she continued, more gently. She looked around. The other stations were still busy with the wounded. "Right." Hannabelle took her top off, leaving just an undershirt to cover her modesty. She tore the shirt to strips and fashioned a tourniquet for the girl. "It's still in need of treatment," she explained, putting it on the girl,, "but you should be more comfortable with that now." She smiled at the girl, who gave a small shudder before Hanna gently moved her into another line, putting her close to the front of the queue before heading back to her station. She noted there seemed to be several new male members in her line. Or was it her imagination?


Hivemind also thought he noticed an increase in males in Hannabelle's line. He considered getting her a new shirt, but knowing Celican culture she might take that as an insult. He would get her one if she asked.

-----------------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
(kobor's counter argument can not be transcribed due to forum rules)

Talya gives no indication of powering back up, and despite being pure text, her message back carries a sense of irritation.
>No, it really wasn't worth the attempt. all you've actually accomplished is ensuring he's too angry to have a civil conversation for the next few hours. possibly longer.
>you can't just talk someone out of a mindset they've had their entire life.
>even if your arguments were perfect, which they were far from it, someone who doesn't want to believe what they're hearing wont. Period. Especially when they don't trust the source.
>any amount of talk or evidence can be denied by a stuborn enough mind, and if you'll recall my brother is stuborn enough to try and keep fighting despite knowing he's bleeding out and his host body will probably die.

>As for me, he's the dominant half of who we used to be, not me. Best i can do is stay out of it.


"Fine. If that's how it's going to be, so be it."

"Kobor, you are refusing to acknowledge the unconditional nature of both the no-kill rule as well as the second rule that we don't pick who we save. If I let you make an exception for the Ghrakkal, it defeats the point of the rule. As a result of this you and Talya are forbidden from taking part in any planetary assignments until you agree to at the very least try to change your reaction to your hatred so that you don't risk killing your teammates the second someone shows you a convincing Ghrakkal hologram. I will tolerate a lot, but I will not allow you to put the rest of the team at risk. You may participate in training sessions and you may accept Beacon Security jobs. Talya, I'm sorry, but as you are not stable without Kobor nearby, you are also forbidden from taking planetary assignments." The droid opened the door, and as it walked out, it paused. "I really want to help you, Kobor. I desperately want you to succeed. But I can't help you if you won't let me." With that, it exited the room. The door closed, and it was gone.

Hivemind, however, remained. The walls have eyes and ears, so to speak, and he continued listening discretely so that he could potentially learn more.

-----------------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"go on ahead without me. i'll catch up when this headache clears up." Kol comments shaking her head.


"No problem, Kol. When you are ready, just say so and I'll lead you back to the arena."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Okay then. We will tell the others you are going to be a while, and to start the exercise without out.” Quint said, before turning to look at the Hivemind drone. ”Do you mind showing us the way back to the training area? Neither of us were really paying attention to where we were going.”


Hivemind gestured for Quint to follow him. He led them down the hall and around a couple of corners until they reached the armory. "Go on ahead. I'll resume the simulation when you are ready. Oh, and one more thing. I suggest you use the ammunition scanner." He pointed over to an odd and seldom used device in the back of the room. "Once you do, unload your weapons. The simulation will load them with identical illusory rounds with effects that go away once the effected person leaves the simulation. All of the weapons in this armory are loaded with illusory ammo. Once you've reloaded with illusion ammo, you can go back into the simulation and I'll start things up again."

-----------------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Blunt and straight to the point, Epsilon states, "I need access to a cybernetics lab, and a supply of Mustelid compatible tissue grafts." tone wise it comes out sounding like a question, but it's phrased more like a demand...


"We have what you need in the interior of the ship." The hive droid responded. "As soon as I let everyone inside, I will take you to what you are looking for."

-----------------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
along the way there a coincidentally timed distraction allows June to slip away from her mechanical chaperone, again. while she's relatively easy to track, by the time another droid is able to intercept her, she's just outside the bay... which she should have had know way of knowing how to get to...

...and immediately walks straight into the door face first, as it's servo just spontaneously shorted out when it tried to open, as if trying to deny her entry.

"Ow... What the... Why didn't it open?"


"Ah... I probably should have expected that." The intercepting hive droid said. "Your power isn't letting you in because something bad will happen if you enter. I can only guess what that might be. There are a lot of injured, bleeding, even dead people out there. The stress of seeing injury or the risk of reverting to predatory instincts at the sight of so much blood and injury could cause you to go feral again, something you have made a goal to avoid." He put a hand on her shoulder. "Come on. We should get back to the ship's interior. Jaken won't be in there all day. We can find something else to do until he gets out."

-----------------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz gave a little nod to the tester to signal her to go ahead with the signal, and then just sat back and tried to make sure her clothes didn’t get damaged in the change. Once she was done, she stepped out of the booth and looked over at the tester. ”So, any ideas on why the first thing I turned into was my son? Because I’m a little confused about that.”


"No idea." The human tester replied, offering a hand to help the captain out. "Maybe you turn into people you are emotionally close to? Or people you've seen a lot? Maybe you turn into people you've been in contact with recent-GUH!" The tester suddenly dropped to the floor the moment she touched Liz's hand, stunned by something. Fifteen seconds went by before she wobbled back to her feet. "Ugh..."

-----------------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Lewis raised an eyebrow at the scanners declaration. ”Telekinesis, huh? That could be interesting, depending on the limitations.”


The Corytophian led Lewis over to the testing station for Telekinesis. "Different forms of Telekinesis are among the more common powers around here. As such, there are plenty of notes on how to figure out what kind of telekinesis it is." The station was a simple table with a bunch of small, loose objects on it. "The goal is to move any of these objects. Even the table, if you can. If simply using your mind doesn't work, try different gestures, like pointing at the object."

-----------------------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
After a brief conversation with Conall which involves an inordinate number of their secret signs, Cailean grudgingly and cautiously steps into the scanner.


The scanner arms once again dropped down to either side of the dog. It rotated once, then retracted. "Single power detected, Physical and Mental in nature related to... oh! Pyrokinesis! That's always an awesome one. Might want to be careful though."

Hivemind already signed the results to Conall when Cailean stepped out. "Alright! Pyrokinesis. That is definitely a power you want to find out about with a scanner, rather than experience."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3912
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Doctor Vanderbilt turned to look fully at his clone. He reached out a hand and placed it on his shoulder, "Okay so you're real. But uh, you have to calm down. We can't figure this out if we're both questioning our existence okay? So, uh, just think happy thoughts or something..."

Doctor Vanderbilt took a deep breath and looked at the original, "Wow you... we were always so bad at talking to people." He let out a small laugh, "Okay I think the existential crisis is going away now that it's been said out loud. Get the kind of it you know?" He paused for a second, "Wait of course you do. We're the same person. Duh."

"So, uh, do we confirm that? Do the whole twenty questions thing?"

"Sure. Guess I'll go first. Date of Birth, no year just month. On 3. 1, 2, 3!"

"November 10th!" "November 10th!"

Both of them looked at each other, "Best day of your life. 1, 2, 3!"

"Today." "Today."

"Why," the original asked.

"Because today we found out we were going to be a dad. What about you?"

"Same reason."

They smiled, "So we're at least the same person mentally. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Tests?"
"Tests! But first..."

"Corp?"
"Oh yeah."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Jaken would have fought but, right now, it was pretty much all he could do to keep his feet under him as Hivemind moved him to a bench and sat him down near to a dirt streaked Sheltie girl with Blue Merle colouring who looked to only be half there, half lost to shock. After a moment she looked at him with her blue eyes.
"You're covered in blood," she sai hollowly..
Jaken looked himself over and reasoned she was right. "Eh," he said dismissively, "it's not mine. You OK?"
"I can't find my parents," she sniffed miserably. "They were trapped behind a door."
"What's their names," Jaken asked before yawning.
"Mom and Dad. Uh, Hawick."
"Hive," Jaken asked.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah," Hannabelle smirked to Hivemind, "pushig my mid seventies and I can still pull the males to my yard. Something to be proud of, hey? I wonder if the Lycan will still be bringing the ladies in fifty years?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:26 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
The scanner arms once again dropped down to either side of the dog. It rotated once, then retracted. "Single power detected, Physical and Mental in nature related to... oh! Pyrokinesis! That's always an awesome one. Might want to be careful though."

Hivemind already signed the results to Conall when Cailean stepped out. "Alright! Pyrokinesis. That is definitely a power you want to find out about with a scanner, rather than experience."

Cailean looks mildly surprised but still disbelieving as he steps out of the scanner and rejoins Sarah and Conall.
"They probably just detected explosive residue." he mutters as Conall takes his place in the scanner.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Bein' cranky don' suit ya, Cailean," Sarah said, taking his hand in hers and giving it a reassuring squeeze.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp continued identifying potential threats and disasters and hopes as each of them assembled and Keeva reappeared with the hard drive, which he accepted from her with a nod.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:59 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4115
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kobor is still angry, and seconds after hivemind is out the door a trio of tentacles coiled into a ball add a new dent to the briefing room. After that Talya talks him into returning to the pilots seat under the guise of 'getting some air' and the two head off to the machine shop where their ship is parked. The audible snippits of conversation along the way implying Talya thinks 'getting his hands dirty' will help kobor calm down.

- - - - - - - - -

Rather than acknowledge hivemind's answer, Epsilon walks back to the main group, finds and apropriates a scalpel, forceps, antiseptic, and another can of that liquid bandage substance Doctor Vanderbilt used on her, that no one seems to be using at the moment.
Once so armed, she heads over to a quiet spot, removes the existing bandage and begins the slow process of separating fused silicon from burnt muscle so the implant can be extracted and replaced, grumbling at one point about substandard equipment and unacceptable delays. The mixture of second and third degree electrical burns running up her arm on full display now that their sterile covering has been removed.

Apparently patience is something she lacks...

- - - - - - - - -

"Seriously? That's no fun." June whines as she turns to follow hivemind, annoyed at her power working against her in this instance, and wishing she had some way to control when they went off.

_________________
Characters


Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2442
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Doctor Vanderbilt turned to look fully at his clone. He reached out a hand and placed it on his shoulder, "Okay so you're real. But uh, you have to calm down. We can't figure this out if we're both questioning our existence okay? So, uh, just think happy thoughts or something..."

Doctor Vanderbilt took a deep breath and looked at the original, "Wow you... we were always so bad at talking to people." He let out a small laugh, "Okay I think the existential crisis is going away now that it's been said out loud. Get the kind of it you know?" He paused for a second, "Wait of course you do. We're the same person. Duh."

"So, uh, do we confirm that? Do the whole twenty questions thing?"

"Sure. Guess I'll go first. Date of Birth, no year just month. On 3. 1, 2, 3!"

"November 10th!" "November 10th!"

Both of them looked at each other, "Best day of your life. 1, 2, 3!"

"Today." "Today."

"Why," the original asked.

"Because today we found out we were going to be a dad. What about you?"

"Same reason."

They smiled, "So we're at least the same person mentally. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Tests?"
"Tests! But first..."

"Corp?"
"Oh yeah."


"Right..." The droid said when Corp's name was said. "He's just over there." He pointed over to the group gathering at the door. "I'll lead you to him. Follow me." He led the two Vanderbilts.

--------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Jaken would have fought but, right now, it was pretty much all he could do to keep his feet under him as Hivemind moved him to a bench and sat him down near to a dirt streaked Sheltie girl with Blue Merle colouring who looked to only be half there, half lost to shock. After a moment she looked at him with her blue eyes.
"You're covered in blood," she sai hollowly..
Jaken looked himself over and reasoned she was right. "Eh," he said dismissively, "it's not mine. You OK?"
"I can't find my parents," she sniffed miserably. "They were trapped behind a door."
"What's their names," Jaken asked before yawning.
"Mom and Dad. Uh, Hawick."
"Hive," Jaken asked.


"Hawick, huh? Yeah, they're over at the medical station at the far side of the dock, getting treated for minor injuries. I think you were the one to pull them out, Jaken." The droid responded, pointing in the direction of the station.

--------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ah," Hannabelle smirked to Hivemind, "pushig my mid seventies and I can still pull the males to my yard. Something to be proud of, hey? I wonder if the Lycan will still be bringing the ladies in fifty years?"


"Considering he will be over a century old in fifty years, I can only hope so." Hivemind shifted slightly, not really wanting to bring up the fact that, while humans live almost two hundred years on earth assuming proper medical treatment and a healthy lifestyle, and the fact that humans can live almost indefinitely on the Beacon, The Lycan is already considered very old by lycanthrope standards and Hivemind didn't know how long the Beacon's medicine could prolong that. It's not like he's had a good sample of lycanthropes on the ship who have lived well past their normal lifespan. There were only about 500 in existence, and nearly all of them but Randy live in low-tech villages on Earth.

--------------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Cailean looks mildly surprised but still disbelieving as he steps out of the scanner and rejoins Sarah and Conall.
"They probably just detected explosive residue." he mutters as Conall takes his place in the scanner.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Bein' cranky don' suit ya, Cailean," Sarah said, taking his hand in hers and giving it a reassuring squeeze.


"These scanners aren't that easily fooled. And where have you been exposed to explosive residue?"

"Scanner's picking up on a power." The tester said as the scanner finished with Conall. "Digital based. That's not too common. Specifically digital summoning."

Hivemind translated for Conall as he climbed out. "Explosive residue isn't explaining that one away." He started signing. <It sounds like you can bring things from the digital world into the physical one, Conall.>

--------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Kobor is still angry, and seconds after hivemind is out the door a trio of tentacles coiled into a ball add a new dent to the briefing room. After that Talya talks him into returning to the pilots seat under the guise of 'getting some air' and the two head off to the machine shop where their ship is parked. The audible snippits of conversation along the way implying Talya thinks 'getting his hands dirty' will help kobor calm down.


Hivemind observed them as they made their way to the ship. It wasn't ready to fly yet, basically being half a hull attached to the remains of the original. It was still being worked on and assembled. The parts that the twins had purchased were lining the shop, and machines were hard at work putting them on. And of course, Hivemind controlled all of them. However, he kept working as if the machines were totally automated. He would be ready to help them, whether they knew it or not.

--------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
Rather than acknowledge hivemind's answer, Epsilon walks back to the main group, finds and apropriates a scalpel, forceps, antiseptic, and another can of that liquid bandage substance Doctor Vanderbilt used on her, that no one seems to be using at the moment.
Once so armed, she heads over to a quiet spot, removes the existing bandage and begins the slow process of separating fused silicon from burnt muscle so the implant can be extracted and replaced, grumbling at one point about substandard equipment and unacceptable delays. The mixture of second and third degree electrical burns running up her arm on full display now that their sterile covering has been removed.

Apparently patience is something she lacks...


Several of Hive's red flags were raised when she grabbed the scalpel, but he simply observed for now. She was clearly just fixing her arm. Why she didn't try one of the many medical stations nearby though, he had no idea. Heck, she even got the materials from one.

--------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"Seriously? That's no fun." June whines as she turns to follow hivemind, annoyed at her power working against her in this instance, and wishing she had some way to control when they went off.


"Well, whatever was about to happen, it would have been even less fun. I can promise you that." the droid said as he led June back to the interior of the ship. "Don't worry. We'll find something to do in the meantime. Is there anything your curious about? Maybe something you saw yesterday you wanted to do? Or we could go to the cafeteria. It's about a good time for lunch I think."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3912
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
The two followed the HiveDroid, talking between them about the philosophical merits of them being exactly the same person. It drifted into moral and ethical implications since the copy might not be considered a real person and thus might not fall under any laws governing the rights of a person.
"I don't think I'd be comfortable with using you like a slave. I mean you seem like a separate enough entity to me to warrant being categorized as a separate person. But on the other hand you did spawn from me and if you can return to me does that effect that categorization?"

Denver, as he had taken to calling himself since he had been created from Colorado, gave a shrug in return, "I don't know. It'd be easy to figure out if I came from a machine using your DNA as a template, but I'm pretty sure I actually came from you. Plus we have all the same memories which wouldn't happen if I was made from a template."

Colorado snapped his fingers as if figuring something out, "That's it! What if we tested to see if you could form a different personality, branched from my own, but differing due to separate experiences! Short term you might dislike someone who didn't treat you well, whereas I might like them because they treat me better."

Denver nodded, "Good idea, almost sounds like something I'd think of myself."

The two chuckled as they neared Corp.

"We should ask Hivemind if you count as a person. I think you do, but if there's anything I need to do if you don't, I want to make sure I can do it."

Denver waved to Corp as they neared him, "Hey Corp. So we did, in fact, figure out that I have a power. 3 guesses as to what it is, first 2 don't count."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Corp knew who it was approaching even before he heard them. Such a combination of optimism, pride and good humour today could only mean one person and the grizzled Mouse tried not to let it affect him as those actually looking at the Doctor reacted with confusion and fear. Oh, he didn't like this... He turned as the Doctor 'ambushed' him and groaned. "Like this day wasn't annoying enough," he mock complained as Andy examined 'Denver' curiously. "So which is the Doctor and which the Mocktor," Corp asked.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Then I hope I look like him in fifty," Hannabelle corrected, speaking between patients, "because,
unless it can be proven certain actions were done under immunity - and that's doubtful - that's about when I'd get my liberty.
" She laughed. "Dratted Government."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"REALLY?" The girl ran over to see as Jaken got up to follow. She came back when he was slightly across the floor. "ITISTHEM," she said, loudly and quickly, hugging Jaken tight. "theytoldmewhatyoudid! Thankyou,thankyou!" She rained down kisses on him for a minute before releasing him and running back to the medical station.
Jaken looked as though his brain was rebooting. "What just happened," he asked Hivemind as he sat back down. "Was... was I supposed to kiss her back? Did I just miss some sign or something?"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3912
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado pointed to himself, "I'm the original. I can't believe you couldn't tell us apart, after all the time we spent togther!" He placed a hand on his forehead and made a show of being hurt.

Denver almost stuck a hand out towards Corp before noticing Andy. He crouched down to give the squirrel a better look at him before replying to Corp's jab, "I'm the new one. You can call me Denver. I know it's kind of weird and we don't really have a way to differentiate- Actually hold on," He paused for a second as if in thought. After a few seconds of nothing his cybernetic eye began fading from it's normal green to a royal blue, "Maybe that'll help a bit. Honestly I'm glad you're taking this better than I- we did when this first happened. Slight existential problems ensued when I was created, if that's the right word for it.

Colorado returned from his theatrics and stood next to Denver, "So we're actual biological matches, right down to brainwave patterns and nose prints. We're more identical than identical twins! I think the weirdest part about this though is that he doesn't need introductions to people I've already met. He's a completely separate person, but, going back to being identical, I'm pretty sure his decision making skills are the same as mine so perhaps we won't diverge too much if he sticks around."

"Honestly I'm wondering how Captain Liz and Lewis are taking this whole thing. Liz looked pretty beat up over losing her ship."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:41 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Bein' cranky don' suit ya, Cailean," Sarah said, taking his hand in hers and giving it a reassuring squeeze.


"These scanners aren't that easily fooled. And where have you been exposed to explosive residue?"

"Scanner's picking up on a power." The tester said as the scanner finished with Conall. "Digital based. That's not too common. Specifically digital summoning."

Hivemind translated for Conall as he climbed out. "Explosive residue isn't explaining that one away." He started signing. <It sounds like you can bring things from the digital world into the physical one, Conall.>

Cailean is immediately reassured by Sarah's steady paw but he keeps that to himself.
"Ah'm a demolitions an' pyrotechnics expert." he tells Hivemind. "Ah've worked wi' 'em fer years. 'Twas one o' th' reasons Insignia took me."
Conall is intrigued by the his "diagnosis" and says to to Hivemind. Cailean is less impressed though.
"He's got a computer on his belt. Yer nae different tae a psychic - just tellin' people what they want tae here based on yer observations. Ah'm surprised anyone is fallin' fer this [expletive]."

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:59 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"If'n tha' were true, Cailean," Sarah said, "ah'd be able t' generate force fields. How's 'bout thinkin' best until we find oot?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp grunted as the hyperactive Squirrel zoomed off before he replied to Colorado and his dupe. "Coping better? It's more that I can sense your optimism and happiness. Everyone else is scared and confused and worried and then there's you and you." He nodded and grinned a rictous grin that accentuated his scar. "Guess who got the ability to sense emotions? And a more offensive thing too. Incidentally, I think Seena could be reassured right now. I've not seen the Captain or Lewis yet."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seena did ask if 'inconclusive' results came up often.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3912
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Colorado nodded, "Well I do have a reason for my happiness and optimism, you know. With what you've said in mind, I think I will go see that reason." He turned around back towards the testing area, "I'm going to leave Denver with you though."

Denver watched the doctor walk away, a noticeable spring in his step. "So what's the more offensive thing you were talking about?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3231
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”I would love to do that, but in non-lethal mode, none of the weapons actually use ammunition. They are all different types of energy blasts that get their power from the suit itself. No bullets, casings, or shells involved. Although there is something we’d like you to scan.” Quint said as he dug around his suits utility belt. After a couple seconds, he held out a small cylinder the length of a cigarette, but with twice the diameter. It was green with white markings, and had a red button on top. ”This is a very special grenade that Mythos made for us. It’s based off the power of a teammate who warps space, and is designed so that if you are not completely in the the AOE, it does not effect you, so you do not have to worry about accidentally ripping someone’s arm off. Mythos only made five of it, but we would like to see if you could not make more, or if the technology inside could help you in some way.”

”Are you okay?” Liz asked the stunned tester. She started to offer a hand to the woman, but pulled it back when she remembered that touching her hand was what caused.... whatever this women’s name was (she really needed to ask) to be sprawled out on the floor. ”Was, was that a part of my powers?”

Lewis looked at the various items in the table for a second before trying any method he could think of to get them to move. Try to lift them with his mind? Nope. Try to lift them with hand gestures? Nope. Try to make them spin? Nope. Try to make two of them go toKKSHHH! The two items he had been looking at, a metal spoon and a glass cup, abruptly thrust themselves at each other, slamming together with such force that the cup had started to crack. Lewis started at the two for a second before turning to look at the tester. ”Um, I think I figured it out.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-


Last edited by Legotron123 on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.



Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:37 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2442
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Then I hope I look like him in fifty," Hannabelle corrected, speaking between patients, "because,
unless it can be proven certain actions were done under immunity - and that's doubtful - that's about when I'd get my liberty.
" She laughed. "****** Government."


"Not much I can do about that aside from keep you on the Beacon where they have no authority." The droid replied to that. "Granted you'd still have to atone for your actions as we don't believe in immunity for the crimes you are accused of." He said. "Lucky for you we believe in redemption over punishment, and you seem like it won't take much if any convincing to turn you to regularly saving people rather than your... previous occupation."

---------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"REALLY?" The girl ran over to see as Jaken got up to follow. She came back when he was slightly across the floor. "ITISTHEM," she said, loudly and quickly, hugging Jaken tight. "theytoldmewhatyoudid! Thankyou,thankyou!" She rained down kisses on him for a minute before releasing him and running back to the medical station.
Jaken looked as though his brain was rebooting. "What just happened," he asked Hivemind as he sat back down. "Was... was I supposed to kiss her back? Did I just miss some sign or something?"


"I don't think so. However, I believe I am the worst person to ask that question. Anyway, according to MT, they are about to extract the last of the injured. June was hoping to play I think. Would you like to go find her after a quick clean up?"

---------Meanwhile---------

MT was hard at work, tearing out doors and clearing away debris, freeing many trapped people from behind it. He went throughout the ship with Chris and Rika, carrying the injured back to a cargo bay. MT cut the bay door off and lay it in the middle of the floor. After he, Rika, and Chris finished laying the injured on the door and securing them to it, MT lifted the door with all of the injured over his head, deployed his wings, and gently lifted into the air. Slowly he eased the injured out, hovering over the gap between the cargo bay and the dock. He set the injured down before returning to Chris and Rika. "There are no further life signs on this ship aside from you two. The rest of the survivors must already be on the dock. I suggest we move out." The armor on his chest slid apart once more and the cockpit opened again to let Chris back into the seat.

---------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Lewis looked at the various items in the table for a second before trying any method he could think of to get them to move. Try to lift them with his mind? Nope. Try to lift them with hand gestures? Nope. Try to make them spin? Nope. Try to make two of them go toKKSHHH! The two items he had been looking at, a metal spoon and a glass cup, abruptly thrust themselves at each other, slamming together with such force that the cup had started to crack. Lewis started at the two for a second before turning to look at the tester. ”Um, I think I figured it out.”


The Basilisk-like alien said nothing for a minute. Finally he spoke. "... Why did we have a glass cup as one of the objects telepaths are supposed to throw around?" He shrugged. "Alright. Seems you can force objects to gravitate toward each other. Cool. Do you think you can do anything else? Maybe if you can force things together, you can force them apart as well?"

---------------------------

Hlaoroo Wrote:
Cailean is immediately reassured by Sarah's steady paw but he keeps that to himself.
"Ah'm a demolitions an' pyrotechnics expert." he tells Hivemind. "Ah've worked wi' 'em fer years. 'Twas one o' th' reasons Insignia took me."
Conall is intrigued by the his "diagnosis" and says to to Hivemind. Cailean is less impressed though.
"He's got a computer on his belt. Yer nae different tae a psychic - just tellin' people what they want tae here based on yer observations. Ah'm surprised anyone is fallin' fer this [expletive]."

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"If'n tha' were true, Cailean," Sarah said, "ah'd be able t' generate force fields. How's 'bout thinkin' best until we find oot?"

"Corp is an empath now. Your doctor Vanderbilt spontaneously duplicated himself while concentrating on our card test. Captain Liz transformed into her son Lewis, and Lewis just telepathically slammed two objects together. I seriously don't think that all of these powers relate to their personalities or anything else that I could have deduced from them, or even were all things people wanted to have. If your powers match your personalities, then that isn't my doing, it's just a pleasant coincidence. Now, you are some of the last people left being tested aside from the people currently being treated for their injuries. That mass of people waiting at the door are waiting for us all to finish. I have a feeling you will believe me more after you have used your powers for the first time. As such, I believe we should move on to the in-depth testing booth. You will see there that I am not trying to trick you when you use your powers all at your own will." He gestured for the three of them to follow him.

---------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Seena did ask if 'inconclusive' results came up often.


"No, they don't. It is rare that a power stumps the scanners to such a degree."

---------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”I would love to do that, but in non-lethal mode, none of the weapons actually use ammunition. They are all different types of energy blasts that get their power from the suit itself. No bullets, casings, or shells involved. Although there is something we’d like you to scan.” Quint said as he dug around his suits utility belt. After a couple seconds, he held out a small cylinder the length of a cigarette, but with twice the diameter. It was green with white markings, and each had a red button on top. ”These is a very special grenade that Mythos made for us. It’s based off the power of a teammate who warps space, and is designed so that if you are not completely in the the AOE, it does not effect you, so you do not have to worry about accidentally ripping someone’s arm off. Mythos only made five of it, but we would like to see if you could not make more, or if the technology inside could help you in some way.”


Hivemind accepted the device. "I'll put it through the scanner, do a deep scan. In the meantime, you should get back into the training room. People are waiting to start up again, and you need to take time to strategize with everyone else."

---------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Are you okay?” Liz asked the stunned tester. She started to offer a hand to the woman, but pulled it back when she remembered that touching her hand was what caused.... whatever this women’s name was (she really needed to ask) to be sprawled out on the floor. ”Was, was that a part of my powers?”


"I... I would assume so..." The woman said, staggering to her feet. "Maybe... Maybe you change into people you touch? Have you been in contact with your son since you showed up in our universe?"

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Cherry Seena smiled as Colorado came over. "Hiya,handsome," she said, "apparently I might have a power but they don't know what."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"These twa're still under mah protection," Sarah declared. "Ah may have nowt but ah'm stll goin' wi' 'em."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle popped a Human females' shoulder back into place and released her 'victim' so she could use what was left of her shirt to apply a basic splint. "I suppose you need to trust me with bandages, Hive," she said without looking at any of the drones. "It's my undershirt next and I doubt I could cope with all the males THAT'LL lump me with!" She laughed. "I suppose working with the Champions would earn me major kudos with the Grandcubs. Lor' knows I could do with some."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Never you mind," Crop advised Denver. "You'll see it when you need to." He kept looking around for the Captain and hoped the nervousness he felt was other peoples.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny took a chunk out of an energy bar whilst she waited.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"S'pose I could," Jaken said, putting a tired grin on. "She might be a girl but she's as violent as a boy!" He held his stained arms up. "I better use a lotta soap," he said, wondering where to go to shower.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3912
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Beautiful as ever," he grinned, returning her compliment, "Maybe you're
the one with the healing hands. Or maybe you can melt things with your mind. What'd they say about it when you got scanned?"


--------

Denver raised an eyebrow, "I'm equal parts worried and curious. I bet it's something like melting things with your mind." He watched Corp look around the bay, "Looking for someone? Seem a little anxious."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:09 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1216
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana, having sat still the entire time, not moving an inch had grown bored of the silence that lingered and looked toward Ulric and Jenny, "Sooo, how's your day been? Clunky training session aside. Honestly my day has been greeat. Got my rifle fixed. That was nice."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3912
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich shrugged, "I guess it was a pretty normal day aside from this. I woke up, had breakfast and visited Randy. Fairly uneventful."

--------

Chris clambered back into the pilots seat, "I think after they look at my arm, I'm gonna sleep until tomorrow night."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 13003
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"Corp is an empath now. Your doctor Vanderbilt spontaneously duplicated himself while concentrating on our card test. Captain Liz transformed into her son Lewis, and Lewis just telepathically slammed two objects together. I seriously don't think that all of these powers relate to their personalities or anything else that I could have deduced from them, or even were all things people wanted to have. If your powers match your personalities, then that isn't my doing, it's just a pleasant coincidence. Now, you are some of the last people left being tested aside from the people currently being treated for their injuries. That mass of people waiting at the door are waiting for us all to finish. I have a feeling you will believe me more after you have used your powers for the first time. As such, I believe we should move on to the in-depth testing booth. You will see there that I am not trying to trick you when you use your powers all at your own will." He gestured for the three of them to follow him.

Cailean laughs, somewhat more loudly than he intends, a startling sound knifing through the tense atmosphere in the room.
"Corp an empath? Naow Ah ken yer lyin'! But Ah'll play yer game. Not like Ah hae a choice." he acquiesces, following Hivemind, paw in paw with Sarah.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:11 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9989
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Must say," Sarah admitted, escorting the brothers to the next 'testing' station, "Corp 'avin' emotional pow'r sounds weird. Bu' 'e do seem tae be in the group we's 'eading'tae."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Doubt it's healing hands," Seena remarked. "they're usually too cold for that. If I did get something, I'd hope it's work related coz we're gonna need jobs."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Only a tad narked,|" Jenny commented. "I had two weeks on a shuttle to get to the Beacon from Earth and where did we go yesterday simply by stepping through a door?" She chuckled. "But, other than that, I'm golden. Decent team, decent food, a nice g... uh, apartment. Better than the shoebox I had in Prague."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:04 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 4115
Images: 3
Location: inside a TARDIS that landed inside itself. Anyone know how to restart a stalled one of these?
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
After several minutes Epsilon had finished digging out the implants and set down the now stained tools next to the fragments. Part of her was slightly amused at the fact that the bone in her upper arm was visible now, pausing a moment to look over the damage before getting out the can and repeating what she had seen of the process Doctor Vanderbilt had performed when sealing it the first time.

I doubt I can do any more for now, at least not without access to equipment I know how to operate...

I hate waiting...


that only left finding a biohazard bin to dump the fragments into, and somewhere to wash her hands, the former of which was easy enough, the latter... it seemed she wasn't the only one looking for, so she decided just to follow the diminutive candid rescuer in question.

- - - - - -

"well... Father did make a joke about finding a Cah-see-no when we were painting auntie's casing... do you have one of those? what are they?"

- - - - - -

"WHY is this one full of shoes? THERE WASN'T A SHOE ROOM IN HERE TEN MINUTES AGO! AND WHY IS IT GREEN?!"

_________________
Characters


Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:42 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 77  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.