Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny shook herself back to some sort of compos mentis and guided Kolt's jaw with a hand until he was looking at her. "Focus on me for a moment, handsome,'K? Now, " she contiued, "take a breath. Count to ten.
We'll get answers in a moment but I think you need to say 'Hello'.
" She turned to the newcomer. "Hi, by the way. I'm Jenny."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That last is not someone you appreciate, I take it," Hannabel asked.
"No. He's not. But he's still someone I need to get back on our team." He said as they continued on to the secure location. "Honestly I think he holds more disdain for himself than I do for him. Half of me feels bad for him."

They continued on until they reached a door. Opening it, Hivemind led Hannabel into what looked like a fairly small but comfortable cabin in the middle of a forest that definitely wasn't around them before. "This place was a proof of concept for a project I've been working on. It's cut, in a matter of speaking, out of time and space. It's the safest place in the universe because it isn't in the universe anymore. The only way in or out is through the door we just went through. It leads either to the Beacon, or to outside. There is a switch next to the door. Flip it up, it leads to the Beacon. Flip it down, it leads to outside. I'm sure you have questions?"

----------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"They have all been checked by the islands most powerful telepath and Magician," the chief stated. "Morrigan states that none are Robots or specially trained assassins or have drunk enough liquid explosive to blow out the conference hall."
"Good. But there are still ways to get past even the best security. I will have the champions remain on guard."

The gilded hive droid was laughing at the interaction going on in front of him.

Golta returned to the ship he arrived in and entered, finding Sana at her computer. "Sana, we need to get to work. Grab your stuff and follow me."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken looked Rika up, over, down and around. He really wasn't too sure about the colour of the dress - or the need for it - but he was beginning to learn tact in his words. Miss Rika seemed to like light clothing and the barrier it gave her and he supposed he could appreciate that. "I may not know clothing," he said, copying a line he'd heard a Human use once, "but I know stunning looks and this could stun a Rinocerphant." His grin folded as he thought. "Got that wrong. Stun an Elephant!" He cursed his bad wording for spoiling the effect.
Rika covered her mouth with a hand to stop herself from laughing out loud, yet little bits of laughter squeezed out between her fingers. "Thank you, Jaken.. If it is any consolation, I know what you meant.." She replied once the laughter dissipated, a large smile across her face. "That was very sweet.. And very funny! Ehehehe.." She added, chuckling. "..Rhinocerphant, Ha~!"
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Uh... Is he alright?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt managed to calm down enough to follow Jenny’s instructions, taking a few deep breaths and counting to ten in his head. ”I’m okay. I’m alright.” He said, looking over at June. Gods, it was unnerving how many little details they shared. ”I just wasn’t exactly expecting to meet my hybrid fish daughter? Clone? Whatever, I wasn’t exactly expecting to meet her today.” His brow furrowed, as he started considering the various options for how June came to be. ”So, what exactly are you? Biotinker creation? My daughter from a future where I leave Jen and get together with some fish woman whose species is oddly biologically compatible with Concertians? A fish that ate some of my shedded fur and wished to become a real girl?”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I'm Kaal. Like those two." June explains, gesturing to the twins. "We kinda reproduce virally, and father was bleeding a LOT... I infested a shark that had swallowed part of a burnt tail, and... Well... I needed lungs, so, It's less a burnt chunk and more half my anatomy now."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"In other words, any bodily fluids from a Kaal are mutinagenic and infectious. A shark swallowed your cut off tail, then started swallowing Kobor's blood. The blood mutated the shark and combined it with your tail to make June." He thought a moment. "That... doesn't make things any simpler to understand. Sorry."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It... seems you were right about your tail," was all Jenny could think of to say.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Literally only the first sentence of that was new information." from their tone, If the twins had visible eyes, they'd be rolling. Though the fact that it sounds like Gigabyte (Reboot) and GLaDOS (portal) talking with a single voice might be a bit off-putting to the others, as they wouldn't have heard the twins synchronized before.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"The mutinagenic part got left out, which was important to understanding how what June said was possible. And, you know what, today maybe some things need to be explained twice. This day has been completely insane."
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"It's not really that much stranger than getting thrown to another world by the ancient rings, fighting dead ones that still walk, and then getting attacked by a snake thing the size of a glacier." Kol has apparently decided that now is a good time to chime in, with an entirely unhelpful comment..."I just assumed this level of crazy was normal here."

"Did she just say..." and she also apparently has the twins undivided attention all of a sudden.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny couldn't help but laugh at her friend's statement. "I fear you might be telling the truth, Kol! I really do!" She coughed. "Then again," she added, "I think WE'RE the nightmare to them too!" She clapped her friend on the back, giving off a small amount of sonic energy and stinging her hand on the solid armour. "Ow, sorry."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken complained a little as he pulled the shoes on but, oddly, he knew how to tie a bow tie so he was ready, in shorts, shoes and bow tie, for Miss Rika in a minute or so He did a spin for her.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, probably many," the Old Celican said. "I take it there are laser eyes around the place tracking my movements through the system? I would have said tracking via the heat of my feet but it would have trouble working through Cork Insulation and Carpet so micro cameras are probably the order of the day too, yes?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Her nose twitched as Golta talked to her and she glanced up from her computer, which she'd been using to keep a discrete eye on the situation whilst also playing solitare. The sandy coloured girl closed the machine and got off her seat. Most of her vanished under the table, leaving only her shoulders, head and oversized ears visible. "There a flap, sir," The Fennekin agent asked before picking up her computer, licking her Strawberry ice cream cone and following him.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was clearly rather conflicted about June and her eating his tail. On one hand, it wasn’t technically her that ate his tail, it was the shark that formed half of her DNA and most of her biomass. On the other hand, that was his TAIL. Tails were a source of pride and accomplishment amongst all Concertians, and having it eaten by some random sea creature felt incredibly wrong. ”I..... I need to sit down for a minute.” He said, finding a nearby bench to sit on. He placed his head in his hands, which resulted in his next words coming out rather muffled. ”I am so not ready to be a father.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jenny sat next to Kolt and put an arm around him. "I don't think you have to, Kolt."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Rika nodded to Jaken, quite impressed. "Very sophisticated! I'd wish you'd wear a shirt or something, but I understand why you don't want to.." She said simply, kneeling down to adjust his bowtie. "Anyway, we should head to Earth, we've been gone long enough.." She added, booping his nose before getting up. She then lead the way to nearest transport hub, humming the same tune she had in the shower earlier.

Can you tell she's feeling happy?
Character Reference
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Kol flinched a bit, not expecting her suit to reverberate like that from Jenny's pat, the surprise turning to mirth as it drew a chuckle from her.

As the trainwreck of an introduction went on, she started feeling bad for Kolt though. "Nobody is ever ready for children until they're there. You get used to it by the third or fourth one." Kol adds in, trying to be helpful, and sounding like she's speaking from personal experience. "though considering she's already dressing herself and talking, you seem to have gotten to skip some of the more tiring parts..."

June meanwhile, actually seems rather upset by Kolt's reaction to her.
"I... Did I do something wrong?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"N..no, no, sweetheart," Jenny said, wondering, even as she said it, how someone with so many teeth would react to being called 'sweetheart'. "You just came as a bit of a surprise to Kolt is all."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a slightly panicked groan at Kol’s comment about third of fourth children. ”I don’t think I’m qualified to have one child, let alone FOUR!” He exclaimed, clearly not thinking that highly of his parenting skills. His face changed to a different type of panic when June started wondering if she did something wrong. ”Nonononononono, you, you’re not at fault here. I just have a really bad track record with children, and I’ve had a bad day, and the idea of some random sea creature eating my tail kinda upsets me, but that’s not your fault, since that shark is technically a completely separa-“ His babbling was cut off when his arm moved on its own to cover his mouth.
Remember what Jenny said a minute ago about taking a deep breath? I would recommend doing that again.

Deske

Post by Deske »

"Kolt, I think you might be overthinking how hard it is going to be to take care of this child. Most of the hard part comes from when they can not do anything themselves. She seems pretty capable of not getting in to too much trouble, so that is maybe 80 percent of the work done." He gave the Concertian a gentle pat on the shoulder, "I am sure you are going to do fine."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, you'll have a lot of support anyhow," Jenny reminded him "Now, don't we have to get ready for a get together?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Oh, probably many," the Old Celican said. "I take it there are laser eyes around the place tracking my movements through the system? I would have said tracking via the heat of my feet but it would have trouble working through Cork Insulation and Carpet so micro cameras are probably the order of the day too, yes?"
"Nothing so easily bypassed or tricked." The android said. "It uses a spacial displacement sensor to keep track of movements, complete with a shielded Hive Relay. If it exists and is physical in nature, I will know it's there. This is less to restrict you and more to make sure that if something does happen, I know about it immediately. The Hive relay also ensures I can open the door to the Beacon or shut it off in an emergency."

--------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Her nose twitched as Golta talked to her and she glanced up from her computer, which she'd been using to keep a discrete eye on the situation whilst also playing solitare. The sandy coloured girl closed the machine and got off her seat. Most of her vanished under the table, leaving only her shoulders, head and oversized ears visible. "There a flap, sir," The Fennekin agent asked before picking up her computer, licking her Strawberry ice cream cone and following him.
"The kid got attacked. The champions were in the way though, and they stopped the attack." Golta said as he led Sana out of the hanger and toward the park. "We're going to be working with the Champions in protecting him."

--------------------------
Buster wrote:"It's not really that much stranger than getting thrown to another world by the ancient rings, fighting dead ones that still walk, and then getting attacked by a snake thing the size of a glacier." Kol has apparently decided that now is a good time to chime in, with an entirely unhelpful comment..."I just assumed this level of crazy was normal here."

"Did she just say..." and she also apparently has the twins undivided attention all of a sudden.
The gilded droid shakes it's head. "No. These past couple of days have seen far more activity than is normal. In both cases, the demon of hate was involved. I will need to consider this." Upon seeing the twins' confusion, he added "Kol arrived on the ship yesterday. Apparently because of a portal accident. Yesterday's assignment turned from security work into stopping a zombie apocalypse with a bit of undead kaiju thrown in. In hindsight, yeah June's sudden appearance isn't that shocking for most of us, but Kolt wasn't on yesterday's job. In addition, this impacts him more personally in more ways." He walked up to Kolt. "Ulrich, Jenny, and, to a degree, Kol are right. You will be fine, and you will have help. There are some... complications I need to discuss with you all regarding June, but those may need to wait for now. Jenny is right, we have a party to prepare for. Tatiana, I have a bunch of temporary pigments and aesthetic attachments for armor and robotic bodies on the Beacon. I'll lead you to it. Ulrich, I don't believe you came with much, so if you don't have anything formal you might have to buy something. Kol, you are the exception. I had to custom make your environment suit, so I don't have any compatible attachments to make it more formal, and you can't survive in this environment without it. Be sure that whatever you decide to wear to this, it should be something you are able to respond to threats in, so it shouldn't restrict movement. Whenever you feel, head through the portal the Kaal and I stepped through and get ready."
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a small wave to June as she approached Kolt, "Yo." She turned to Ulrich, "I think it's less the difficulty and more just the shock of finding a less than a day old but still fully grown semi direct genetic relations." She looked towards Hivemind's body, liking the sound of customization, "Ooh. That sounds nice. I guess a silken dress would look a tad odd over this shell o' mine."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"That is reminding me," He turned to the hive bot and waited for it to finish speaking to Kolt, "Do you have a store that supplies suits in my size? I have had problems in the past with stores not having my size."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Saw that," the little agent said, trotting to keep pace with the boss. "Saw you get into a fight with the Lycan too. I said you should have called Agent Miles but nooo... Oh," she continued, "I did have fun with signals. Worked out HiveMind was there as he's got some sexy programming parameters... don't look at me like that, I like algorithms... but someone off-world was trying to use a local satellite to watch over things here. I adjusted the feed so they got visuals from the next satellite over. I hear it's been typhooning in Tahiti. "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wish I could do portals this distance," Jaken said, "and shirts are always too tight, Miss Rika." With that he took a running pose and hopped through the portal.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"as long as you don't come out looking as tacky as C-3P0 here..." The twins joked when Tatianna made a comment about mods, Talya's encyclopedic knowledge of dated public domain characters finally being good for something.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh, shut up." Hivemind said, suddenly self-conscious of how his formal droid looked. In actuality, he didn't really look like C-3PO as he resembled more someone in silver armor with a gold trim, rather than just being a golden robot, but he knew absolutely nothing of style, so if he looked tacky, he wouldn't know...

"Yes, Ulrich. There are stores that supply suits in your size. Best chance would be an ochre tailor in the oasis district. They've taken a liking to human styles lately. There's also a human clothing store in the capitol district that custom makes suits from a sort of machine, but that might take longer." He advised Ulrich. "Anything in particular you have in mind, Tatiana?"

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Saw that," the little agent said, trotting to keep pace with the boss. "Saw you get into a fight with the Lycan too. I said you should have called Agent Miles but nooo... Oh," she continued, "I did have fun with signals. Worked out HiveMind was there as he's got some sexy programming parameters... don't look at me like that, I like algorithms... but someone off-world was trying to use a local satellite to watch over things here. I adjusted the feed so they got visuals from the next satellite over. I hear it's been typhooning in Tahiti. "
"We'll need to tell Hivemind that, assuming he doesn't already know." Golta said as they walked. "And... I'd appreciate it if you... didn't tell anyone about my little misunderstanding with the Lycan?"
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"There's a reason I went shopping for paint. Metallic tones work better as a secondary or an accent not a primary, unless you're trying to look like you're wearing, mid-preindustrial age armor."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

The comforting words of the others seemed to help Kolt, though he was still completely baffled as to what he should do. ”I don’t know. I don’t think fathers are supposed to leave their children with a pair of what are technically strangers. Though I guess they’re also her parents too? Agh, this is so weird!” He shook his head, eventually looking over at the two Kaal. ”Just..... Take care of her, okay? I need to go get dressed for the party, and I’m not in the mood to lose a fourth child I was placed in charge of.” He said, before walking through the portal.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

After they stepped through, Jenny turned to Kolt. "That isn't going to happen," she said warmly, stroking his cheek, "we're not gonna let it, got it?" She smiled. "See you back here in twenty or walk me to my room? It's close to yours."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana chuckled at the twins joke as tapped her hand to her helmet in thought, "Maybe some color change, and I'd probably go with some gauntlet, upper body and helmet mods. Maybe some leg mods. I'll have to see the colors and what the physical stuff look like. Never really needed to dress up, so I don't even know what robot slash armored suit fashion is."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Probably Platinum lined," The Police Chief said, finally gathering his wits together enough to stop staring at June.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
dusk

Post by dusk »

Jolty settled in under a sequoia tree, happy to have a break from the madness. He had been running away for so long, a break was well deserved, and needed, was his thinking. Flipping through his book of short stories, he sighed, nestling into the tree. He had no idea where the others where, and to be honest, he didn't entirely care. He thought back to the large purple creature in what looked like battle armour that looked like that once Sci-Fi game his owner used to play. Kol, was it? She was certainly a curious creature. He closed his eyes, thinking about studying her later on, and let the sounds of the trees carry him away....
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.

*Russian Intensifies*
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"There's a reason I went shopping for paint. Metallic tones work better as a secondary or an accent not a primary, unless you're trying to look like you're wearing, mid-preindustrial age armor."
"Fine, fine. You win. I'll go get some armor dye." With that, the gilded droid walked back through the portal in search of something to make himself look less stupid. He decided to cover over the silver on his armor with a coat of <insert non-tacky color here that goes with gold> paint.

Once everyone was back from their shopping, having picked out proper outfits for the occasion, Hivemind led them on. He had Predator download Lumberjack as well as the giant was not very mobile in an area surrounded by buildings. Predator turned invisible and followed along, flying over obstacles. The group left the park to a small army of cleaning droids Hivemind had brought through just before they departed. They got to town and headed straight for City Hall. They got many looks along the way, most good, some afraid. Reporters swarmed them occasionally, but the army of robots Hivemind had escorting the group managed to hold them at bay.

Once they finally got to City Hall, Hivemind opened a portal only for a moment to bring the security force through while Predator, still invisible, regurgitated the Lumberjack mech while keeping the both of them in it's cloaking field. Pretty soon, a security force of twelve of the best officers, eleven heavy security droids, ten light security droids, nine swarms, eight sentry drones, seven biohazard droids, six patrol units, five UGVs, four UAVs, three armored emergency escort vehicles, two giant robots and a partridge in a pear tree.

Some of these droids have been here since before the group arrived. Hivemind asked Talya for some files regarding the flora, fauna, and fungi of Kol's planet, and he replicated a separate feast for her based on them. The early droids brought the food over and set up a separate table with a large sign saying "FOR KOL! THIS FOOD IS TOXIC TO HUMANS! DO NOT TOUCH!"

When they got inside, it was clear the Prime Minister spared no expense on this get together, as guests filed in and took there seats at the main tables. The food was on tables lining the walls, and there was a lot of it. No one was going hungry at this event. The Prime Minister was sitting at the end of the table.

-----------------------------

Just before they entered, Golta pulled a hive droid aside for a moment. "Hivemind? This is my partner, Sana. Sana, Hivemind." He introduced the two.

-----------------------------

With the party almost starting, one of the cleanup hive droids broke off and started to look for Jolty. He tracked the cat down and found him sleeping under a... sequoia tree? What was that thing doing in the Bahamas...? Putting that thought out of his mind, or at least into the mind of a different droid that had nothing better to do, the hive droid sat down on a nearby bench and waited for Jolty to wake up. Poor guy looked exhausted, so Hivemind didn't want to wake him.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jaken looked at the crowd as they arrived at the engagement and whistled, his nerves showing despite his bravado. "That...that's quite a crowd come to see me..." He said gallantly to Rika. "...and the Champions too, of course1"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenny had found herself a Sapphire blue dress for the evening with one shoulder that drooped halfway down the top half of her arm and she held a similarly coloured clutch bag in front of her as she walked in with Kol, Kolt and the others. The gun in the bag, of course, was ceramic with three stun settings but she figured she needed a new one to get the effect that was still evident on Kolts' face.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Heya, Mr Mind, sir," Sana said, waving from inside her bright yellow suit. Only the jet black shirt she was wearing gave the eye any respite so you tended not to look at the data import sockets built into the cuffs. "I'm something of a fan of your work. It being nearly unbeatable, of course."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Kolt walked into the City Hall, it was clear he still had no idea what to do with June, judging by the fact he was still asking the others an endless run of questions. ”And what kind of food can she eat? Am I going to take to my parents for the winter solstice and then have to rush her to the Beacon because one of the dishes had something that was lethal to her shark half?” He asked, nervously scratching an itch on his neck. His suit, while very similar in look and design to what some of the others were wearing, did differentiate itself in three ways. The first, and definitely least significant, was the lack of a tie or any other accessory, which resulted in the suit looking rather plain. The second was that the sleeves were very short, barely reaching the halfway point between the shoulder and elbow. This detail was also shared by pants he was wearing, which looked more like a pair of shorts than any sort of formal wear. In fact, if one were to go through his closet, it would quickly become apparent that the only long sleeved clothes Kolt had were rather clearly meant for colder environments. Finally, it was clear the suit was designed to also be used in combat, as the material was very stretchy and flexible, and didn’t seem to inhibit Kolt’s movement in any way, shape, or form. Not that Kolt seemed to care about that. He was too busy continuing to panic about all the things that could go wrong with June. ”And what happens if she catches the flu!?! A shark never has to deal with the common cold, so half of her immune system is completely unprepared!! She could die from a bad case of the sniffles!!!” Clearly, he was handling this with calm and grace.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Calm down, handsome," Jenny said, keeping a smile laden on, "and remember you live with about three hundred of the best Doctors and Scientists and Specialists in the Universe. Plus I seem to recall that Sharks can pretty much eat anything they want, yeah?"
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jaken looked up at Kolt and grimaced at the shirt. It looked constricting. It looked as though the Celiconcertian was going to bust out of it at a seconds' notice. The Ratlady must have made him wear it, he decided. The AquaFox thingy looked cool though. She had a smile that spoke of humour and absolute lethality. He liked that idea.
------------------------------------------------------------------
The Prime Minister watched the group assembling. "This is going to be a very unusual evening," he admitted to a nearby minister.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana listened to Kolt worry the way there and Jenny's reassurances, "Seriously, what did we miss?" She herself had modified the Armored Shell to be a bit more fancy for the occasion. Her deep purple had become a fluffy, light on the eyes teal overall with a few physical addons. A small light blue, suit like collar wrapped around her neck in a semi circle, she wore simple light blue gauntlets that reached up her arms to the collar, the collar itself extends down her torso and ends in a semicircle around her legs that wouldn't seem out of place on a trench coat. A really fancy trench coat.

She looked around at the robotic entourage as Hivemind talked to the bright yellow person, "A bit stifling no? Hopefully this little shindig goes without a hitch and lives up to this... Build up."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"If it's made from carbon hydrogen and oxygen, it's edible. Almost nothing a normal biped would eat is poisonous, unless your in the habit of regularly eating radioactive isotopes, or antibiotics." Kobor explained, trying to calm Kolt down a little, then the whole disease thing came up... "Uhhh... Well... Kaal technically don't have immune systems, so infections of any kind will last absurdly long and be hard to treat... But I wouldn't worry too much about that. She's lucky, and worst case scenario we can just build her a shell."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Heya, Mr Mind, sir," Sana said, waving from inside her bright yellow suit. Only the jet black shirt she was wearing gave the eye any respite so you tended not to look at the data import sockets built into the cuffs. "I'm something of a fan of your work. It being nearly unbeatable, of course."
"There are reasons for that." the droid said, somewhat uncomfortable with the word "nearly" added in there. "It's good to meet you as well. That security issue was intentional, by the way. The files you took were fake and being tracked." Apparently, she tried to access some of the Beacon's files before. "I see all attempts to access the hive."

-------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana listened to Kolt worry the way there and Jenny's reassurances, "Seriously, what did we miss?" She herself had modified the Armored Shell to be a bit more fancy for the occasion. Her deep purple had become a fluffy, light on the eyes teal overall with a few physical addons. A small light blue, suit like collar wrapped around her neck in a semi circle, she wore simple light blue gauntlets that reached up her arms to the collar, the collar itself extends down her torso and ends in a semicircle around her legs that wouldn't seem out of place on a trench coat. A really fancy trench coat.

She looked around at the robotic entourage as Hivemind talked to the bright yellow person, "A bit stifling no? Hopefully this little shindig goes without a hitch and lives up to this... Build up."
"Hopefully. Given our luck today, though, I doubt this will all go smoothly." the gilded droid said as it led the group to their seats at the table.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:The Prime Minister watched the group assembling. "This is going to be a very unusual evening," he admitted to a nearby minister.
Buster wrote:"If it's made from carbon hydrogen and oxygen, it's edible. Almost nothing a normal biped would eat is poisonous, unless your in the habit of regularly eating radioactive isotopes, or antibiotics." Kobor explained, trying to calm Kolt down a little, then the whole disease thing came up... "Uhhh... Well... Kaal technically don't have immune systems, so infections of any kind will last absurdly long and be hard to treat... But I wouldn't worry too much about that. She's lucky, and worst case scenario we can just build her a shell."
The formal android continued along, gesturing for Kobor, Talya, and June to follow. "Mr. Prime Minister? These are the Kaal that arrived today. Kobor, Talya, and June. Talya is the powered shell, Kobor is the one inside. And this is June." He gestured to the shark-fox. "I believe you met Talya earlier. Speaking of which, I apologize sincerely for the loss of your ship, as well as the recent unrest at the resort. I hope to discuss ways we can repay you for any damages or disturbances."
-Champion Motto

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken looked at the crowd as they arrived at the engagement and whistled, his nerves showing despite his bravado. "That...that's quite a crowd come to see me..." He said gallantly to Rika. "...and the Champions too, of course!"
Rika looked perfectly calm, yet in her eyes you could tell she was about as nervous as Jaken was. "It sure is.." She replied stiffly as they followed the others to their seats.
Character Reference