HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Esper »

Tesla sill looked worryingly down at his friend, "Thanks guys, I'm sure he will be okay, but still, if anyone knows about taking a hit to the head, it's me..." he looked around at the pets surrounding him, gaining a slightly more confident look that befitted his personality more
Thouhastbinpwnd

Post by Thouhastbinpwnd »

"Is that everyone?" asked Spartacus from his seat, "In that case, LET'S GO!" he yelled as he gunned the engine and sent the quad shooting forward. "Don't worry about the speed, this quad has perfect suspension!" he yelled against the wind, the quad approached a sharp decline. "WOOOHOHOHO!" shouted Spartacus in the exitement of the ride.

Soon the quad stopped infront of a large mansion in the middle of the woods. "Well, this is the place" he said as he dismounted, "It's not much, but it's home." The house was old, the main part of it was a large rectangle with the front door roughly in the center. It had windows at regular Intervals. On the side farthest to the left rose a huge tower at least 20 feet above the rest of the building, witch was two stories high. On the front lawn was an assortment of half robot half lawn gnome senetals.
"That," said Spartacus pointing to the tower, "is my dads workshop, study, man cave combo." He started to walk twords the house when a man emerged. He was roughly six feet tall with short brown hair, green eyes, and a warm smile. He wore a long white lab coat and black rubber gloves, he was in the process of removing them when he came out. Opon seeing Spartacus his face brightened considerably, "Gladiatores!" He called, "Oh, wow, that is quite a few friends. Well, no matter, come in come in everyone!" he called to the group.

OOC: for anyone not yet on the quad who wants to be we can open a trans-dimensional wormhole through time and space and put you here. P.s. Gladiatores is Latin for gladiator.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

And so, the following day...

Conglomerating herself with a sociable, and rather lively group wasn't particularly a spectacle that was in her agenda, nor was it something that she was largely accustomed to, all things considered. Unraveling herself the time to reflect upon the impressions that the neighborhood had given her, she couldn't have asked for a better, more calm and peaceful community; the lush, open fields adhering to the calls of the soothing breeze that swayed past its ever-long grasp, Travis would've suggested nothing less than that, which is how she was able to describe such an abridgement of her new abode.
As she leaned, carelessly, against the bark of a stump bound to her domain, her view covering over countless yards of the terrains of the neighborhood, she denoted one of her owners approaching her from afar, prior to the calls specifying specifically for her. "T-Travis," he'd yell out, pleasant as he is out-going, as usual, but with the bitter hesitation that lied in his tone.

"Hi, Dad," she'd mutter, indifferent with a smile.

"Is it time to go?"

"Yeah. Rebecca's about done on getting ready for the dinner party, so she'll be out shortly," reassured Mr. Hoffman. The silence that followed shortly afterwards had loomed heavily over Travis' burden, to whom spent her time in the discomfort of the awkward silence. Mr. Hoffman, having noted of this, had let out a sigh and leaned to one side of the stump beside Travis, having decided to at least spend some time in small talk. She wasn't the only one that felt the need to break the long pause.
"So, what do you think of the neighborhood so far?"

"It's really nice, I guess," she vacantly retorted, timid in her speech. "And I like it. Pretty peaceful, too."

"Well, it's certainly good to hear that you're getting used to here already," he remarks, a pleasant smile arising from his grin.

"Yeah. I also met a few other pets along the way, yesterday. Friendly bunch," she comments, which was then followed by a sudden motion of her head jerking back, flicking the longer length of her fur that always ran from in front of her eyes. She had kept a hold of her cap, resting beside her on the fresh patch of grass.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Fenrir sighed as he aimlessly roamed the streets, lacking any destination or objective at the moment, save staying 'out' for a while. Valkyrie had tired herself out thoroughly the previous day and she wasn't up to doing anything but napping at the moment. A fact that had lead to the male fox being shooed out the door by his parents shortly after waking up, not that he could blame them, given his track record with waking his sister any time he got bored.

Sighing again the fox looked up at the sky with a small frown. "Still...what am I supposed to do...?" He muttered to himself, still not actually knowing the area that well and not really liking the idea of exploring on his own. "Don't suppose you'd be willing to do me any favors, eh?" He questioned, grinning ruefully toward the sky before shaking his head and chuckling to himself. "Heh, probably better that way anyway...knowing my mixed luck my favor would end up coming from Loki." He shrugged at that thought before beginning to wander aimlessly again, who knew, maybe he would run across someone.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

"Get back here, ya pesky varmint!" Ginger yelled as she chased Winch down the street, waving a stick in the air, threatening to whack him with it. She had a soot stain on her fur, as if something blew up in her face.

Winch ran away from her, a toothy grin on his face. He held a wrench in his hands, "That was awesome! That thing went WRRRRR! And you were like, 'What's goin' on?' and I was like, 'Cool!' and it was like Hrrrrrrr! and then it went KABOOM! Then you jumped like ten feet up and I laughed, and Bee got scared, and you were like, 'My face!' And I was like 'That sucks!' and you chased me, then I ran, and it's tons of fun!" He shouted at her as she chased him.

Bianca chased after Ginger and Winch, "P-Please! D-don't fight you two!" She called after them, running very girlishly, slowly losing them.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury and Tesla were walking down the street, having recently become fairly good friends after Tesla took care if Mercury. As they walked and talked, the two pets began to lose track of their surroundings, thus not seeing Winch running towards them. Mercury continued to walk, but was interrupted when Winch collided with him, "Owww, I gotta stop running into things."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc just watched all the houses pass by as they rode along, it had been a long sleepless night of driving but now they were there and now the easy life was just within grasp, after a few minutes of navigating the streets they came upon their new house.
After clearence the borwnish greyish wolf hopped out of the car, sorting out everything and stretching out his limbs and excessively popping his back. After everything was limber Doc looked to his father, asking for permission to look around and the request was granted.
"Thank you dad, i'll be back this afternoon."

Doc started to walk off while speaking and when done he looked around and just started heading down the sidewalk looking around and taking in the sights, curious if he'd meet anybody.
Last edited by Marine Fox on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Esper wrote:Mercury and Tesla were walking down the street, having recently become fairly good friends after Tesla took care if Mercury. As they walked and talked, the two pets began to lose track of their surroundings, thus not seeing Winch running towards them. Mercury continued to walk, but was interrupted when Winch collided with him, "Owww, I gotta stop running into things."
Winch was looking completely back to Ginger, so he paid no attention as he collided with Mercury, "Woah!" He shouted, falling over onto Mercury. Winch rubbed his head and looked to Mercury, "Hey! That kinda hurt a little, but not that much. I've been hurt worse. Like the woodchipper incident! That was crazy! This is nothing compared to that! I'm Winch, what's your name?" he asked, peppy as ever.

Ginger and Bianca caught up with Winch, "Oh Che macello! W-Winch, y-you should be more careful!" She exclaimed as she knelt down next to the ferret.

Ginger shook her head, "That ferret just don't got any common sense, don't he?" She said, smiling, "Well I'm real sorry fer what my friend here done t'yall. Are 'ya feelin' alright?" She asked Mercury.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Fenrir rounded another corner to a rather odd sight involving multiple cats a ferret and a dog, two of which he knew the others, not so much. Blinking a couple of times he sighed and shook his head ruefully. "Yep...knew it'd be from Loki." He muttered to himself before walking over to see what was going on, even knowing it was probably a mistake to do so, he was too bored at this point to care.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Zaney, we're here." The man driving a large orange moving truck nudged a gray furred dog sleeping on his shoulder. "Wah? Already? But we just got on the freeway a few minutes ago." The man chuckled. "Thats usually what happens when you fall asleep. Come on, take a look outside. See if you can find your mom, she should be at the new house right now." Zanna yawned, stretched and looked out the open truck window. "Wow! Look, its so empty compared to the city. And the houses are smaller too. And look, the houses aren't even connected to each other. And look! There's Mom!" She stuck her head out the window and yelled at the top of her lungs. "HIIII MOM!!!!"

The truck came to a slow halt in front of a house. It was a modest home, with a similar design to that of its neighbors. She opened the door and jumped out. Quickly hugging her mom she turned to face their new house. "Cool! Its SO much bigger than our old apartment!" She glanced around, holding the visor of her beanie. "Hey dad can i walk around the town?" The man trudged over from the truck and patted the husky on the head. "What?" He laughed lightly. "You haven't even seen the inside of your house yet." "Pleeease." "Fine fine. The movers we hired need some time to get all our stuff in there anyways. Just don't stay out too late."

"Yay!" She jumped for joy and started running down the sidewalk. "And don't get into any trouble." Her mom added.
"Wouldn't dream of it!" Zanna yelled back. She ran off down the road in hopes of finding some excitement.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Connie was working double duty to make the house spotless for the dinner party. In addition, she helped her sisters Royal and Window to get ready. She brushed their fur, and added just enough gel to let it stay in place and shine, but not enough to where it got sticky and dry. She also brushed and flossed their teeth, taking care to make sure their smiles were perfect. She curled their lashes, filed their claws, and brushed their skirts before they put them on.

"I don't like the whole idea," said Ms. Pain. "It reeks of commoners."

"But dearest mother, that's the idea," said Royal. "It would turn them off to have the party be excessively formal. This way they will get to know us better, and that's to our advantage."

"Indeed," said Window. "They'll eat us up--especially me."

"Not if you show your typical conceit, dear," said Royal.

Window pouted.

"And let's have a smile."

"Ouch! Pay attention, you clumsy ox!" said Window to Connie, who was brushing her ear fur.

"Sorry, sorry...." said Connie. She was going to make herself scarce for the dinner party--not only was she not allowed to be seen, but that was just the way she liked it. She was embarrassed by crowds.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla pulled Mercury from the ground, rubbing his arm and looking at the excited ferret, "I'm fine, really. Yesterday I took a nasty blow to the head, I guess I'm still feelin' it." Tesla let go of Mercury and wagged his tail, "I'm Tesla, and my friend here is Mercury. Nice to meet you!"

The dog walked over to Winch, "You seem like a risk taker and such, would you be willing to test one of my latest vehicles? It has chicken legs." he said enticingly
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc situated his medical pack bahind him and adjusted his collar, and continued walking along looking at his surroundings till he spotted a husky down the road across the street, he didn't want to yell so he just kept walking see'ing if the husky would notice him.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc situated his medical pack bahind him and adjusted his collar, and continued walking along looking at his surroundings till he spotted a husky down the road across the street, he didn't want to yell so he just kept walking see'ing if the husky would notice him.
After a few blocks Zanna finally came to a slow walk. She looked around, observing the houses and other buildings. She was surprised by how empty the streets were. Bustling crowds and loud roads was what she was used to. But it was a nice change. More space, more room to do the stuff she wanted to do. Her eyes noticed a wolf walking on the opposite sidewalk from her. Since she moved here she hadn't really gotten a chance to talk to anything, mainly because she hasn't run into anyone to talk to. "Hellloooo!" She yelled as she recklessly ran across the street to greet the newfound wolf. Right as she stepped onto the other sidewalk a car she didn't notice zoomed by, blowing her beanie off and narrowly missing her and honking angrily as it passed by. Oblivious of her luck, and the car, she picked up her blown off hat, put it back on her head and walked over to the dog. "Hey, I saw you when i was over there and then i ran over here and then... here i am." She smiled brightly and stuck out a paw. "Hi."

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc watched the whole incident and was almost sure he'd either be calling an ambulance or be using his medical kit but to the huskey's complete luck she narrowly missed the car, and when she picked up her beanie cap and walked over to him completely unharmed Doc was a little shocked but found it rude to just ignore her.

"Oh uh hello, that was a close one.

Doc shook her paw and put on a warm smile

"Are you hurt or anything else like that?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc watched the whole incident and was almost sure he'd either be calling an ambulance or be using his medical kit but to the huskey's complete luck she narrowly missed the car, and when she picked up her beanie cap and walked over to him completely unharmed Doc was a little shocked but found it rude to just ignore her.

"Oh uh hello, that was a close one.

Doc shook her paw and put on a warm smile

"Are you hurt or anything else like that?"
Zanna tilted her head a little to the side and gave the wolf a confused look. "Am i hurt?" The husky smiled again and looked around. "What? Did i almost step on a tack or a piece of glass or something?" Her eyes turned to the ground and carefully scanned it for any traces of dangerously sharp materials. But she didn't see any. She looked back and the wolf and shrugged. "Anyways, I saw you and i was wondering if i could talk to you about...well, anything." She shrugged again nonchalantly. "I just moved here and-" Then the medical bag caught her attention. "Wooow! Is that like a giant first aid kit? Are you a doctor? That's the red cross thing on your collar right? So do you-" Zanna clamped her hands on her muzzle before she said anymore. "Sooorry." She murmured between her hands. "Got kinda carried away there for a sec. Bad habit. Just answer the first question for me pleease. Before i start rambling again." She tried to look apologetic.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc smiles and laughed a little bit, then pulled his bag around showing the husky the full view.

"No no thats alright, feel free to ask away but to answer your first questions yes this is a first aid kit as well as a surgical kit, medicinal kit, dental kit and a whole lot of other's I have everything i'd need for a full evaluation, and for the other, sorta i'm trained just short of major surgery anything beyond that and I can mabey slow down the process but you'll need someone like my father for that but anyways i'm can fix you up but i'm not a liscensed doctor i've actually specialized in more of the field of a combat medic but either way if you get hurt I can help you. Oh and about you getting hurt you should just know you were close to becoming part of that car's bumper."

Doc just gave her a quick once over to make sure she wasn't hurt since she seemed to be oblivious to some of the stuff around her.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc smiles and laughed a little bit, then pulled his bag around showing the husky the full view.

"No no thats alright, feel free to ask away but to answer your first questions yes this is a first aid kit as well as a surgical kit, medicinal kit, dental kit and a whole lot of other's I have everything i'd need for a full evaluation, and for the other, sorta i'm trained just short of major surgery anything beyond that and I can mabey slow down the process but you'll need someone like my father for that but anyways i'm can fix you up but i'm not a liscensed doctor i've actually specialized in more of the field of a combat medic but either way if you get hurt I can help you. Oh and about you getting hurt you should just know you were close to becoming part of that car's bumper."

Doc just gave her a quick once over to make sure she wasn't hurt since she seemed to be oblivious to some of the stuff around her.

"Really? Well, It's a good thing it missed me. Probably wouldn't be standing here talking to you if it did hit me."
She scratched her head. "But I'm pretty sure its not the first time its happened to me. Won't be the last." She flashed another smile before taking a step towards the case. "Coool, so... your like a field medic. And your dad's a doctor?" Zanna was about to ask something when she facepalmed her face (to her palm?). "Oh! I forgot! I didn't introduce myself. My name is Zanna, some people call me Zane. I just moved here today. Its very nice to meet you, and talk to you Mr. Wolf." She stuck out her hand, then took it back, realizing she already shook the other canine's hand.

Ref Ref!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Esper wrote:Tesla pulled Mercury from the ground, rubbing his arm and looking at the excited ferret, "I'm fine, really. Yesterday I took a nasty blow to the head, I guess I'm still feelin' it." Tesla let go of Mercury and wagged his tail, "I'm Tesla, and my friend here is Mercury. Nice to meet you!"

The dog walked over to Winch, "You seem like a risk taker and such, would you be willing to test one of my latest vehicles? It has chicken legs." he said enticingly
Winch's eyes lit up with pure excitement, "You had me at 'test'!" He exclaimed, "Chickens are my sixth favorite animal to model things after! They're also my fourth favorite thing to eat! But even if your vehicle looks like chicken I doubt it tastes like chicken. It probably tastes like some kinda metal, like steel, or if I'm really lucky it'll be high speed steel! That's steel with carbon and tungsten alloys! The alloys make it super awesome! You know what else is awesome? Testing! That's awesome! So I'd LOVE to test your machine! What kind of guns does it have?" He said, all in one breath.

Ginger chuckled at Winch's behavior, "Don't worry, he's always like that. You'll get used to it." She said, "The name's Ginger, and I'm pleased to make yer acquaintance." She said, sticking out a paw to Tesla, "And this here shy lady is Bianca." She said, with Bianca nodding shyly.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

At hearing the words 'vehicle' and 'chicken legs' and then the mention of guns from the ferret, Fenrir turned on his heel and began walking in a completely new direction, thankful he hadn't been noticed by the group while approaching. He was bored, that much was true, but that was decidedly outside of his field of interest and frankly the very notion frightened him slightly.

"Note to self...be wary of eccentric inventors..."
He muttered to himself as he rounded another corner, spotting a familiar looking husky talking with a male human. Shrugging to himself and deciding it was worth at least trying, he began walking toward them hoping that if nothing else, the human wouldn't freak out. "Hey..." He called uncertainly as he walked up to them, an unsure grin on his face as he looked first at the human and then to the husky. "You're...Travis, right?" He 'greeted', hoping he had the right name. He really wasn't that good at the social game, as it were, but he had at least tried to remember the names of the pets he had met yesterday.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc chuckled a little when Zanna facepalmed and couldn't help but give a smile

"Well miss Zanna its a pleasure to meet you, my name is technically stitches but i'd prefer Doc"

Doc was a little embarassed when he said is actual name, he really hated it and hated when having think about the name as to him it just didn't hit the ear right and sounded off but thats why he was thankful others had come up with the nickname Doc, after his intro he brought up the case more so Zanna had a better view

"Oh and yes im like a field medic and my father is a doctor but now he is retired so we moved here to relax and get away from all the noise of the city."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc chuckled a little when Zanna facepalmed and couldn't help but give a smile

"Well miss Zanna its a pleasure to meet you, my name is technically stitches but i'd prefer Doc"

Doc was a little embarassed when he said is actual name, he really hated it and hated when having think about the name as to him it just didn't hit the ear right and sounded off but thats why he was thankful others had come up with the nickname Doc, after his intro he brought up the case more so Zanna had a better view

"Oh and yes im like a field medic and my father is a doctor but now he is retired so we moved here to relax and get away from all the noise of the city."
"Hey, me too! Well, not the doctor part, or the retired part, but my family did move here from a city." She wagged her tail cheerfully. A yawn escaped her mouth and she stretched. "Geez... that was a long car ride." She put her hands behind her back and swayed slightly from side to side. "Sooo, Doc. As a non licensed, field medic doctor. How do you feel about showin a girl around the neighborhood." She rubbed the back of her neck with her left hand looking somewhat embarrassed. "Getting lost is fun and all, but I'd like to know whats what in this place."

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury just stood quitely, fidgeting with is fingers. Tesla bowed slightly, "Nice to meet you all, I'm used to him already." the dog shook Winch's paw, "Come now, I live just over there." he pointed down the street, leading Winch and Mercury to his garage, exited to have a test subject, "Sorry, only adhesive foam guns."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Esper wrote:Mercury just stood quitely, fidgeting with is fingers. Tesla bowed slightly, "Nice to meet you all, I'm used to him already." the dog shook Winch's paw, "Come now, I live just over there." he pointed down the street, leading Winch and Mercury to his garage, exited to have a test subject, "Sorry, only adhesive foam guns."
Winch followed eagerly, "What about a tennis ball launcher? They're perfect for shooting into the air!" He suggested.

Ginger and Bianca stayed where they were, "Well, at least Winch will be out of trouble, no?" Bianca said to Ginger.
"Well, he'd better behave himself." Ginger replied, laughing a little.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc's tail wagged as well, happy to find another pet from the city, then when she asked him to show her around he smiled again

"Oh well i'd be happy too, though I havn't been able to explore any of the town at all either, but if you'd like we can just take a walk, and if we get lost we could ask a local or retrace our steps"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

The trio arrived at Tesla's garage, "Here we are!" the corgi enthused as he reveiled ten-foot tall machine with two digitigrade leg, a cockpit seemingly made of an old refridgerator, balancing rods placed in the appropriate areas, and a hollow tube on a turret on the side, "It run on gasoline, solar, and battery power. The turret can move all around the perimeter, point up, down, and side-to-side." the dog placed a ladder next to it, "But to use the foam gun, you need a turret operator. I made it out of scrap. Now hop in!" Tesla began to quiet down, not wanting to seem obsessive or weird

Mercury silently sat down and began to sketch the scene
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc's tail wagged as well, happy to find another pet from the city, then when she asked him to show her around he smiled again

"Oh well i'd be happy too, though I havn't been able to explore any of the town at all either, but if you'd like we can just take a walk, and if we get lost we could ask a local or retrace our steps"
"Yay! We'll get lost together!" She did a 180 jump so she was facing the opposite direction and the road in front of them, she was pointing her index finger into the distance. "We'll delve into the deep depths of the local department store. Pass perilous parks and patios. Cross dangerous streets (after waiting for the walk sign, of course)." She reached her crescendo "Seek out new civilization! And boldly go where no man has gone before! These are the voyages of the starship Enterpri- Wait! I wasn't suppose to say that part..." Her epic monologue came to an awkward end. But it didn't seem to dampen Zanna's spirit. "Basically we'll go find some fun stuff to do." She grinned and looped her elbow around the red wolf's and enthusiastically pulled/dragged him down the sidewalk with her. "Come on exploration buddy! Times a wastin!"

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

During Zanna's speech Doc started to laugh a little but quieted himself down not wanting to seem rude, she seemed very energetic and wiley and Doc was actually fond of that as his father didn't like alot of noise in the house and Doc wasn't a very noise orientated pet as well but Zanna didn't seem to mind, or even notice in fact. When she started to pull him along he quickly gained his balance and tried to keep up with the very enthusiastic husky, still keeping a smile on his face.

"Alright sounds great!"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:During Zanna's speech Doc started to laugh a little but quieted himself down not wanting to seem rude, she seemed very energetic and wiley and Doc was actually fond of that as his father didn't like alot of noise in the house and Doc wasn't a very noise orientated pet as well but Zanna didn't seem to mind, or even notice in fact. When she started to pull him along he quickly gained his balance and tried to keep up with the very enthusiastic husky, still keeping a smile on his face.

"Alright sounds great!"
After they passed a few houses and a couple streets Zanna slowed down, her arm still linked around Doc's. She didn't see anything that peaked her interest, but she wasn't gonna give up. To pass the time the husky decided to start up a conversation. She bumped Doc lightly with her shoulder. "So, Doc, you gotta tell me. Out of all the hobbies and activities that pets do, what made you take up the whole emergency medic profession?" She smiled. "There's gotta be a backstory there, You know. Besides your dad being a med doc and all."

Ref Ref!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Esper wrote:The trio arrived at Tesla's garage, "Here we are!" the corgi enthused as he reveiled ten-foot tall machine with two digitigrade leg, a cockpit seemingly made of an old refridgerator, balancing rods placed in the appropriate areas, and a hollow tube on a turret on the side, "It run on gasoline, solar, and battery power. The turret can move all around the perimeter, point up, down, and side-to-side." the dog placed a ladder next to it, "But to use the foam gun, you need a turret operator. I made it out of scrap. Now hop in!" Tesla began to quiet down, not wanting to seem obsessive or weird

Mercury silently sat down and began to sketch the scene
Winch jumped onto the machine, and hoisted himself up to the cockpit of the turret, ignoring the ladder, "This is SO AWESOME! I need to show you some of my inventions sometime! Except the Chainmower. My dad says it's too dangerous so he made me take it apart. But this! THIS thing is SO COOL!" Winch exclaimed, already figuring out how to operate the turret, and shooting several foam darts at Mercury.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc was a little relieved when they slowed down and enjoyed the walk, but didn't hesitate to answer Zanna.

"Well when I was still with my pack and all that we would scavenge around the woods and one day I started to find medical books and they just well caught my interest, i'd been taught to roughly read and after some self teaching I was able to read books easily and from then on everyone would refer to me if they got hurt and if they found medical books they would give them to me. Though after a while I dunno it started to feel like they were taking advantage of this knowledge so I planned to leave and sadly before I was able to leave a rival pack attacked my pack and decimated it, I wa fortunate to escape and from there I wandered till I came across my father"

*When Doc brought up the attack he gestured to his scars on his body*
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc was a little relieved when they slowed down and enjoyed the walk, but didn't hesitate to answer Zanna.

"Well when I was still with my pack and all that we would scavenge around the woods and one day I started to find medical books and they just well caught my interest, i'd been taught to roughly read and after some self teaching I was able to read books easily and from then on everyone would refer to me if they got hurt and if they found medical books they would give them to me. Though after a while I dunno it started to feel like they were taking advantage of this knowledge so I planned to leave and sadly before I was able to leave a rival pack attacked my pack and decimated it, I wa fortunate to escape and from there I wandered till I came across my father"

*When Doc brought up the attack he gestured to his scars on his body*
"Ouch." Zanna grimaced as she looked at the scars. "That looks like it hurt. Alot." She faced her head forwards again and merrily started humming. " It does sound kinda cool though. Living the feral lifestyle. Being free, doing whatever you want." She sighed wistfully. "That's the life." The husky nudged Doc again. "But you know, your lucky you found a nice owner to take you in. And one with similar interests too." She chuckled happily. "Funny how life works out." They continued their trek across the neighborhood. A small park was on the other side of the road complete with a tall slide, a seesaw, and a swing set.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc didn't want to be a mood killer and tell Zanna what a feral lifestyle is like, so he just chuckled along with her, enjoying her company.

Heh yeah I was also fortunate he didn't try to call animal control either. So what about you any crazy adventerous memories?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc didn't want to be a mood killer and tell Zanna what a feral lifestyle is like, so he just chuckled along with her, enjoying her company.

Heh yeah I was also fortunate he didn't try to call animal control either. So what about you any crazy adventerous memories?"
Zanna smirked. "Adventurous memories? Hmm... Well there's probably nothing as interesting as life in the wild but, i had some good times in the city. I lived in one of those tall apartment buildings with my owners. Anyways me and some of my friends found this old bungee cord in a nearby alleyway dumpster. I fixed it so it was connected to a pole at the top of the building and..." She giggled. "Lets just say I was thankful some new residents were moving their bed mattresses at the time. You should have seen the look on their faces when I landed square center in the middle of it. Priceless." She turned her head towards the park. "Mom and dad didn't let me out of their sights for a week. Oh! And then there was that time in the city sewers when- Hey look its a park." She pointed at said park and led Doc towards it, forgetting to continue with her tale. "Cool, they have swings! Can't remember the last time i played on one of those."

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc was surprised at how Zanna was so eccentric and fun loving. He wasn't hesitant with going to the park, mainly because they arms were still looped and Doc wasn't going anywhere and Doc also loved parks they were the only real way to relax in a city if they had one.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Shirosune wrote:At hearing the words 'vehicle' and 'chicken legs' and then the mention of guns from the ferret, Fenrir turned on his heel and began walking in a completely new direction, thankful he hadn't been noticed by the group while approaching. He was bored, that much was true, but that was decidedly outside of his field of interest and frankly the very notion frightened him slightly.

"Note to self...be wary of eccentric inventors..."
He muttered to himself as he rounded another corner, spotting a familiar looking husky talking with a male human. Shrugging to himself and deciding it was worth at least trying, he began walking toward them hoping that if nothing else, the human wouldn't freak out. "Hey..." He called uncertainly as he walked up to them, an unsure grin on his face as he looked first at the human and then to the husky. "You're...Travis, right?" He 'greeted', hoping he had the right name. He really wasn't that good at the social game, as it were, but he had at least tried to remember the names of the pets he had met yesterday.
At Fenrir's approach came the rising gesture of, both, Travis and Mr. Hoffman's heads, seldom interrupted by such an occurrence throughout their scarce and mellow conversation. "Hello," she said, with a tip of her hat. She spent a quick glance surveying over the domesticated fox, quickly recalling the pet from yesterday's activities. She was also able to make out the ambiguity that became subtle in his tone, and denoting of the pendant that hung from his collar, more so as the light shimmering from it convinced her analytical glance just as much. Distinguishing it as proof of domestication, she hoped that, by the very least, her owner caught just as much, which he did.

"A friend of yours?" asked Hoffman, glancing at him with an amicable expression.

"Yes," she replied, masculine in tone as ever before. This much was more than enough to convince her mentor to confide faith in her, knowing full well that, despite the fact that he was on his own, he was domesticated. This caused him to ease what little tension he'd clutched onto.

Travis rose from the stump and started toward Fenrir with a light approach. Mid-way, she lent out a paw with a timid expression, a faint smile mirroring from the depths of her silhouetted face.

"Sorry that I've not properly introduced myself to you," she said, her paw stretched out for Fenrir to shake. "But, yeah, the name's Travis. Travis Hoffman. Pleased to meet you."
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Fenrir stared at Travis' paw for a moment before everything clicked for him. "Ah...right." He said quickly before grabbing the husky's paw and shaking it. "Fenrir Hinderson..." At this point he paused, feeling a little lost. This was a much more formal introduction than he was used to and on top of that, it was typically Valkyrie that handle this sort of thing. "So...anything interesting going on...?" He questioned after a moment, pulling his hand back and scratching at the back of his neck nervously, his unsure grin still in place.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla climbed into the driver's seat next to Winch as he fired several globs of adhesive foam at mercury, who shrieked as he was stuck to the wall in a ball of glue, "Oh don't worry, Mercury, it'll desolve in an hour." the corgi chuckled, "Now let's go!"

The machine lurched forth a few steps, but soon regained it's balance and it began to walk down the street towards Fenrir and Travis, making a dull clunk with each step, "Hey!" Tesla called
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc was surprised at how Zanna was so eccentric and fun loving. He wasn't hesitant with going to the park, mainly because they arms were still looped and Doc wasn't going anywhere and Doc also loved parks they were the only real way to relax in a city if they had one.
Zanna led Doc to the small swing set to the side of the park. It was your standard four swings, chain linked to a pole suspended over a sand pit. She let go of Doc's arm and hastily ran over to it, almost tripping over her own feet. Clambering onto one of them she stood up on the plastic seat and started slowly to sway back and forth, each time gaining more momentum and height. "I haven't played on one of these in years. You know, there used to be one right across the street from my old apartment. But then it got torn down. Got replaced by some kinda business building" She gave a sad smile before returning to her upbeat mood. After she got to the maximum height she relaxed, closing her eyes and letting the breeze whoosh past her fur on every swing.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc also gave a small sad smile as he also knew that feeling as he had seen several parks torn down in the city, but quickly put that aside as he watched Zanna go higher and higher in the momentum of the swing, Doc had really never taken a liking to swings and stuck to slides and monkey bars when he played at parks and so he just watched his new friend enjoy the swing.

"Wow! Your up pretty high, never could get that high, would always get out of rythm and make it look more like a pelvic thrust than trying to swing"

Doc gave a quick chuckle at his own embarrassment.