HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

LovingCorgi

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa didn't like to lie, but even then he still couldn't get in the forest. "Darn was so close to getting inside the forest."
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Wags happily as he tries to get a glimpse of the tent in the living room. "I went camping with Dad a few times, it's a lot of fun, you get to tell scary stories and hang out with friends." His ears twitch at the mention of poachers. "Why is there poachers in the forest? Surely they don't like to kill pets...."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Argent wrote:"I'll let you or your owner know if we dig up your bag. It's getting late... Sandy the recovery rooms are clean? Show this guy to number one and we'll call his owner in the morning."

After it seemed that Doc was done he didn't like the response that was given, he'd put his bag on Moonbeams harness in hopes it would be here when he got back, the fact that it had been lost irritated him but he knew it had to be somewhere around here so he hopped off and looked at the doctor.
"I appreciate the hospitality and the gesture but i'm afraid I cannot leave without that bag it has....significant important to me"
Doc gestured to his medical tag trying to get across the need for the bag.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul sighs. "Tell me what I'm missing here."

He ticks the options off on his fingers.

"First. If it's out in the forest somewhere, you're not going to find it tonight. Even if it's on the road between here and the trail. There's no streetlights in the park."

"Second. If it's in the stables, it'll still be there in the morning. And I'm not going to let you tramp out there and bug Mrs. Sparagmos while she's dealing with your wild cougar friend."

"Third. If it's in my clinic, it'll still be there in the morning. But it's probably not, Sandy would have found it when he was cleaning the rooms, and if someone had turned it in we'd know about it. You can go ask Cinnamon if he has it."

"Cinnamon!"

"DAAAD! I'm busy cleaning my room! It's full of angry birds!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I don't mean to scare you but in all seriousness they might if you got in thier way. But nasty topics aside, who wants to help me set up the tent?"
He walks into the house and reappears a moment later lugging a bulky bag which clunks as he drops it on the ground. Unzipping it he tips out a jumble of poles, pegs, ropes and canvas. Laying out the canvas on the lawn he asks "Who wants to hammer in the pegs?"
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sun May 26, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"I think it's best if I don't help," suggested Lucky, "When I do things tend to go...badly."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Eventually, after a great deal of struggling and being poked by the bendy poles springing loose, they have the tent set up. Joan brings out several armfulls of bedding as well as Flynn's lantern. John carrys Koa into the tent and then passes Flynn his phone, telling him to call if he needs anything and reminding him that the back door is unlocked so they can get into the house. With that, Joan and John bid the pets goodnight, warning them not to stay up too late talking.
"We won't." promises Flynn as he follows the other pets into the tent and zips up the flap. Smiling at each other, Joan and John head into the house and up to bed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

After the tent is set up he quickly goes in and dives into the piles of bedding. "Spooky story time!"

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"...and I'm out. I don't like scary stories." Koa goes under the covers and tries to fall asleep.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Still exhausted from his earlier ordeal, no sooner has Flynn lain down than he is fast asleep and snoring gently.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I'll illustrate!" Mercury clapped, more vibrant now that the sun was down
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"Umm... I guess not that much." in the forest everything was considered territory. The more territory the more food, water, etc. And if another cougar tried to take some away...
"But more than humans.". Senka glanced up at Kandi.
"Err, more than most humans.". She corrected, not wanting to offend Kandi.
"Why?"
Kandi softly scratches along Senka's jaw line.
I'm hoping that you understand my position, and why i might need to do the things i do. Since you say you want to stay a feral instead of becoming a pet.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The mountain lion tilted her head quizzically to the side. Not really sure where this was going.
"Things like... Putting me in a kennel?".
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Argent wrote:Paul sighs. "Tell me what I'm missing here."

He ticks the options off on his fingers.

"First. If it's out in the forest somewhere, you're not going to find it tonight. Even if it's on the road between here and the trail. There's no streetlights in the park."

"Second. If it's in the stables, it'll still be there in the morning. And I'm not going to let you tramp out there and bug Mrs. Sparagmos while she's dealing with your wild cougar friend."

"Third. If it's in my clinic, it'll still be there in the morning. But it's probably not, Sandy would have found it when he was cleaning the rooms, and if someone had turned it in we'd know about it. You can go ask Cinnamon if he has it."

"Cinnamon!"

"DAAAD! I'm busy cleaning my room! It's full of angry birds!"

Doc hoped the bag hadn't had fallen off when Moonbeam was taking his friends back but he agreed with the doctor if it was in the stables it would be there later, he just didn't want to leave the clinic without it.
"Well I put it on Moonbeams harness and I don't mind it being here till tomorrow morning I would just prefer not to leave without it"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Okay," said Lucky,There once were a bunch of pets camping, just like us..."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn snuffles a bit in his sleep and rolls over.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"And then..." Lucky yawned, "They you know..." He laid back with his eyes closed. "The end." He yawned again and then drifted off to sleep.

Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul leads "Doc" to the recovery room. "Here you go. When your owner gets here tomorrow, maybe you can both go look for it, two sets of eyes are better than one."

And he finally heads off to bed himself. What a day.
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Frowns a little seeing all the other pets doze off before realizing how tired he really is. With a big yawn he flops down into the bedding and dozes off. While asleep he rolls over till his head is rested on Lucky.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury began to sketch out the sleeping pets in front of him, but his eyes were sinking fast. 3... 2... 1... Flop Mercury fell forward into his paper and ink, asleep
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Outside the clinic a husky was starting to walk back into town. She explained to the doc, and Doc, that she had to get back before her parents started worrying too much about her. The chiming of bells pierced the pleasant silence of the evening and Zanna reached into her collar and took out her phone, glancing at the caller ID.
And speaking of parents...
"Hi Mom! Yeah I fine. Yeah it rained alittle where we're too.". Zanna sighed.
"No... I didn't eat any mushroom I found on the ground... Yes, I'm sure. Yeah, I'll be home in thirty minutes".
She talked like this for a couple minutes, back and forth until.
"Did anything interesting happen?". Zanna repeated, thinking about it for a moment...

"Nah, it was all y'know, just camping stuff."

Ref Ref!
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"It sounds like you had a lot of fun today and made some friends." Jessica Reid, Rusty's owner said as she dried him. "Just don't go getting lost in the woods and muddy a regular occurrence. I don't want to have to bath you every day!"

"I wont Mum!" The yorkie replied, yawning.

"It's getting late. You should head up to bed." Jessica said firmly.

"Yes Mum." Rusty said, already walking into his room. "Goodnight!

"Goodnight Rusty." Jessica replied, already heading into her room.

The yorkie climbed into his circle shaped bed, and curled up underneath a blanket. He yawned briefly before his soft snores could be quickly heard.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:The mountain lion tilted her head quizzically to the side. Not really sure where this was going.
"Things like... Putting me in a kennel?".
Yes, things like that.
How many humans besides me do you trust right now? An outside of the Zoo Keepers, I'm the only human who is trusting a cougar.
until we get you introduced and comfortable with the other humans, and they with you. We will have to take extra care that no misunderstandings happen.
Would you like to have a collar to wear? to show that your want to be as safe and gentle as a domestic pet cat?
But we need to get you bedded down and kenneled. I believe they want to bring your wolf friend in, an get him kennel down and bedded for the night.
Don't worry, I've got to get the horses stabled, go fix your dinner, round up the TV i said that you could watch. then i'll be back here to stay with you for the night. ok?
Kandi asks patting the inside of the kennel cage..
I will have to close the door until i get back.. allright?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc let out a sigh and stopped trying to argue with the Vet and as Zanna had to leave he said goodbye and went with the vet to the recovery room. As he could feel the sleepiness fall upon him he found a nice spot and lied down looking up at the ceiling and thinking for a bit about everything that had happened today and what might happen tomorrow, he hoped his owner would understand what went down and be able to comprehend it. And after a little while more of staring at the ceiling with a yawn he rolled onto his side and started to fall asleep happy to not be in a cage or in danger of poachers.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Senka took a deep breath and slowly walked into the cage. Once inside she looked around. Nothing bad happened so far. But the door was still open. The thought of the only entrance in this 'room' closing sent a shiver down her spine. But it'll be fine. She said she'd come back.
"Yeah...". She nodded.
"Just, don't take too long, please.". Adding the last word a few seconds later.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:Senka took a deep breath and slowly walked into the cage. Once inside she looked around. Nothing bad happened so far. But the door was still open. The thought of the only entrance in this 'room' closing sent a shiver down her spine. But it'll be fine. She said she'd come back.
"Yeah...". She nodded.
"Just, don't take too long, please.". Adding the last word a few seconds later.

I will honey, I'll get back as fast as possible. don't worry everything will be just fine.
Argent wrote:Paul leads "Doc" to the recovery room. "Here you go. When your owner gets here tomorrow, maybe you can both go look for it, two sets of eyes are better than one."

And he finally heads off to bed himself. What a day.
Oh hay hi!.. the cougar is secured in the kennels. She might do better if you could put her wolf friend in with her, to help her learn how a pet.

Kandi went out into the fields and rounded up the horses, and lead them back into the stalls to bed them down. getting them watered and fed.
She then hops in the pick-up truck, and runs home. Fixes Senka's meal, and gets into a fight with her family over having adopted a cougar.. She gathers up some things up and puts them in the truck, and starts back to the clinic.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Don't know if that would be doing her a favor, Kandi. She's healthy, got a good weight, obviously doesn't have any trouble hunting... an ideal release candidate. Getting her used to humans is likely to get her into trouble down the road."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

When Koa woke up he thought now would be his chance to sneak out into the forest for a short while. So he attempted to crawl out of the tent.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Unbeknownst to Koa, Flynn is an early riser and was already stretching himself out in the bright morning sunlight. Hearing the tent flap unzipping he turns around to see who it is. Realising it's Koa, he hurries to help him out and support him across the yard.
"Morning." he says brightly but quietly so as to avoid waking the others. "Coming up for some breakfast?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

snakebug

Post by snakebug »

A van pulled up next to a small, house followed by a few U-Haul trucks.

As the humans exited the trucks, the back doors of the van opened up.

A Reverend stepped out, with Eva riding on his back.

"Finally! Some fresh air, eh big guy?" Eva said excited.

Reverend chuckled. "Calm down, save your energy for destroying the house."
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Uhmmmm...no. I'm going for a walk...In the forest." Koa answered feeling caught.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon perched high in the pines, watching the sun rise, puzzling the local arboreal critters what with the way he just sat there, and never hunted anyone... and gave people headaches when they tried to talk to him about, well, anything.

He liked watching his wild cousins, but he could never keep up with them, and they were depressingly resistant to bribery.

So about the time the sun was warming the roof below him, he headed back down and through his open window to the much more interesting human world.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

earlier that morning , much earlier , when the first ray of sunlight was just appeared from the horizon
somewhere inside the forest
< I see , so that's why you're here , my condolences to you both for such misfortune >
"thank you , that's very kind of you , though sometimes I wonder if it is right for me to continue such foolishness"
< Having faith in your love ones is hardly foolish little one , as long as there's a ray of hope....>
"I should hang on to it , yes I know , it's my name and all that jazz "
< hehehe , you youngsters always rushing things ......but perhaps , we can help in some way >
"my greatest appreciation , but shouldn't you and the rest of the woodlanders be worrying about something much more urgent ? Like the poachers ?"
< most of us are still in hiding while a few's been looking out for them , if they ever make their move , you should not concern yourself with such matters >
" how could I not , one of you just ran into town seeking refuge yesterday remember?"
< the young cougar shall be fine , the human , the one who , along with you , offered her your help , had taken good care of her so far >
"and you would know this exactly how ?"
< There're eyes and ears in every corner of the land my dear , critters , big and small, lurking around , watching humans and their pets , it is what we do , our way of life , and thanks to those who's living in the town , I've been about to gather much more information than anyone could alone , it is also thanks to that that I was about to locate your resident on such short notice >
"are you saying my house have rats ?"
< Would such details be really matter ? >
"I guess not at this moment , and even if that cat's ok , how would you even be able to help me anyway "
< this is a vast land , even I cannot know all that's happened , there might be as much of a chance that the one you seek had passed here on her journey as she hadn't , it is fortunate that she has a rather.....special look , though the result might not be immediate , asking other critters , and especially night dwellers , might prove beneficial , some of us even migrate from time to time and might have even met her recently , if you'd like , I'll ask around , as I know these trees better than you do , though of course it might take some time >
"......yes , though I would rather not bother you with such personal matters , it would be very much appreciated "
< then it shall be done >
"thank you.....the sun's rising , I should be getting back"
< Indeed , and may I suggest that injury of yours be taken care of >
" ya ya it's just a scratch on the head , anyway , until we meet again"
~~~~~~~
it's almost 5AM when the white fox sneaking her way home , passing Flynn's house
huh.....he's already up? She thought , seeing the rabbit in the yard , but decide not to bother him so early , just glad that he's actually ok
So she turn away and begin to walk home
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Not quite ready to rise from his slumber Ryyn rolls over slightly and subconsciously chews a bit at Lucky's ears. In his dream however it was a rawhide bone.

Crystalwind

Post by Crystalwind »

Realizing that she had fallen asleep in a secluded section of the park, Snow woke and went to watch the sunrise. From a bench she watched as the day began. So far, her days in Richmond Acres were quiet. As relaxing as this was, it seemed kind of strange. She never had been the kind to live on edge, so why was this quiet so odd? Ah well, she had time to figure it out.
Who wouldn't attempt to acquire the thiiiiing?
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna yawned, sitting up in bed and rubbing the sleep from her eyes. After the unexpected excitement from yesterday its nice to wake up in your own bed. Still feeling pretty groggy she got out of bed and went through the daily routine. Brush. Shower. Breakfast.
Luckily Zanna was able to get out of the house without arising any suspicion about yesterday's events with her parents. The news would probably reach them sooner or later, but not right now. The husky grinned, standing on the front steps of her house, aviator goggles around her neck and a light, green satchel bag strapped over her shoulder.
And with that she began to walk down the street, seeing where the day will take her.

"Oh no oh no oh no..."
Great, just great.
She sighed. Five o'clock in the morning and she already messed something up. They were probably gonna lock her up or something... Now would probably be the time to run. But... She looked over at the sleeping human. Can't believe she didn't wake up. Can't believe she stayed here...all night.
Or... or..maybe... If she could hide it... no one would know.
Senka was standing in front of the wreckage of small TV set, now smashed on the floor. The TV frame was cracked and its side had a huge dent in it. Slowly she began to pick up, hoping that the corner of the room would be a sufficient enough hiding spot.

Ref Ref!
snakebug

Post by snakebug »

As they kept walking down the street, Eva noticed the park.

"Hey Rev! Can we please go there? I'm not walking on my own." She snickered.

He sighed. "I can never argue with you..." He sighed walking into the park and sitting down.
In this world there are two types of people my friend.

Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

YOU DIG
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that last bit. You're not going to get very far with that leg though. Come, let's get some breakfast and when Dad gets up we can ask him to take you wherever." says Flynn, taking as much of Koa's weight as he can on him shoulder.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa put on a fake smile. "OK." He was getting tired of his leg in its current condition, but at the moment he's already done what his herbs can do. It has to heal naturally now. "Maybe begging will get john to take me to the forest."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: "Oh no oh no oh no..." [/color]Great, just great.
She sighed. Five o'clock in the morning and she already messed something up. They were probably gonna lock her up or something... Now would probably be the time to run. But... She looked over at the sleeping human. Can't believe she didn't wake up. Can't believe she stayed here...all night.
Or... or..maybe... If she could hide it... no one would know.
Senka was standing in front of the wreckage of small TV set, now smashed on the floor. The TV frame was cracked and its side had a huge dent in it. Slowly she began to pick up, hoping that the corner of the room would be a sufficient enough hiding spot.

Kandi Yawns....Having TV trouble hon?
What was the matter? 57 channels and nothing interesting on? She smiles.
Oohh Owww.. Stretching out.. These kennels are not very comfortable are they?

Beep Beep Beep .... Beep Beep Beep
Kandi digs out her cell phone..
Hello? Yes this is Kandi..
Huh?!! What do you mean my pet license application was denied?
I Have the USDA license to work with and handle exotics, what is the problem?
Well that's not true at all! We have a pet wolf in the clinic right now. An i have heard of there being another pet cougar in the town. So you are granting pet licenses to exotics..
No I don't know where the other cougar is, An even if he did run off, how does that effect the status of this one?
Well, yes of course i was going to do that.
WHAT? say that again, you want me to do what to her?
NO!! there's no way! I'm not going to do that! are you crazy, do you know what that would do to her??
I'm glad you see what your asking..
That is diffidently NOT going to happen!
Fine Bye!
Kandi tosses the phone across the kennel.. THUMP bang.
Arrrgh! Dim wit, desk bound, paper pushers...