HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie hardly needed the encouragement to get up on the bed and started bouncing.

Oreo climbs up on the bed and start bouncing upon it as well
WeeeEEEEeEEEEE
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That makes sense." John observes. "But how are you going to go guarding Josh and Flynn at the same time?" he queries with a twinkle in his eye before catching Koa.
"Excellent, Koa! That looks perfect! Good boy! Well done!" John takes the basil and rinses it before grabbing a chopping board, a knife, a peeler and a spoon. He clears some space on the bench and then kicks the stool Flynn and Koa use to reach things so that it's in front of the chopping board.
"Wash your paws, Koa, then put on some gloves because we don't want fur in the food, and I'll get you to start preparing the salad. Sound good? You'll need to chop those cherry tomatoes, those avocados, those cucumbers, and rinse those salad leaves. Pop the avocados and tomatoes into this bowl here and then divide the salad leaves equally between those two serving bowls and then let me know when you're done and I'll start you on the dressing. Got all that or do you want me to write it down for you?" John sits a pair of the disposable pet gloves on the chopping board next to the utensils and then turns to check the timer on the crabs.
"Our crabs aren't too far off, Nadia. When they're done we'll need to work quickly. We'll get the crabs from the boiling water, rinse them under the cold tap so that they're cool enough that we can handle them and then we need to crack them open and pull out the meat and drop it in this bowl here. We'll divide the meat up later. The shells and icky bits can just go in the bin there. Unless... Do their shells and icky bits make good compost, Koa?"

~~~~
Flynn gets distracted from Lucky by the racket at the end of his garden. Carefully he jogs to the noise and is surprised to see a cat scrabbling in the undergrowth.
"Where are what, your bags of catnip?" he jokes, kneeling near the cat, prepared to help search.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Dexter watched with amusement as the young ones messed up the bed with all the bouncing. Felicity was enjoying herself so he didn't care how big of a mess they made, he looked at Oreo enjoying himself, "So how does it feel to be on a human bed Oreo?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: Flynn gets distracted from Lucky by the racket at the end of his garden. Carefully he jogs to the noise and is surprised to see a cat scrabbling in the undergrowth.
"Where are what, your bags of catnip?" he jokes, kneeling near the cat, prepared to help search.
"Ah-ha. Ah-ha. Very funny. No, I'm looking for my glasses. I tripped and they flew off."

Charles continues to paw around, looking for his specs.
-------------------------
Esper wrote: Tesla giggled and turned his eyes nervously away from Flukely and to his own small machines. He turned a crank on the bottom of one, tightening a spring to turn a set of rotors, sending the little machine into the air like a helicopter.

"Huh...?" He said, puzzled by the sudden pause, "Uh, no, I don't think I felt anything. Maybe it was just a draft. Anyways, I'm glad to have met you, too!"
Flukely smiled, humming to himself. He was so happy to have finally have somebody that shared his interest and didn't run off at the mere mention of his name. Flukely held his smile, watching the little toy fly around. He reached up and grabbed it before it could fly off completely and let it unwind before setting it down next to the car.

"I sure hope it was just a draft."
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"That makes sense." John observes. "But how are you going to go guarding Josh and Flynn at the same time?" he queries with a twinkle in his eye before catching Koa.
"well...." Nadia pondered for a little bit , slightly blushing , then gave John a smile "I think I can manage that . Josh can defend himself better now than he can back then , in fact he got me out of trouble more than I do for him , so there's that as well , not to mention is this a peaceful town , I don't think there will be much trouble . Beside , we.....kind of have a special connection ." she giggled
Hlaoroo wrote: "Our crabs aren't too far off, Nadia. When they're done we'll need to work quickly. We'll get the crabs from the boiling water, rinse them under the cold tap so that they're cool enough that we can handle them and then we need to crack them open and pull out the meat and drop it in this bowl here. We'll divide the meat up later. The shells and icky bits can just go in the bin there. Unless... Do their shells and icky bits make good compost, Koa?"
"that sounds easy enough" Nadia nodded regarding the crab "I understand the "icky bits" , but why would the shells be a good compost , isn't it like bones ?As in , plant can't get anything from it ?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Civilization wrote:Dexter watched with amusement as the young ones messed up the bed with all the bouncing. Felicity was enjoying herself so he didn't care how big of a mess they made, he looked at Oreo enjoying himself, "So how does it feel to be on a human bed Oreo?"

it is soft n' really bouncy!
but wouldn't something this plush, be making your back hurt? if'n you were sheeping on it?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Dexter chuckled, "Well as long as you don't sleep on your back in the same position on night it is rather quite comfortable." Felicity stopped bouncing and sat on one of the pillows, watching Leslie and Oreo have fun.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie got a little bored so, to amuse himself (and show off), he flipped onto the bedframe and did a handstand.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the TV on in front of him, Kilo read his book until he got a crick in the neck. Then he sat on it and watched the news. Nothing much. A few local fires, a holdup - why are humans so violent to each other - and the Police rescued fifteen trapped pets from a well, crediting a boy called Timmy for getting the sheriff.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

The corgi wagged his tail, as it has been a long time since he has been called a good boy by anyone. He then climbs up onto the stool to reach the cutting board and the sink. He slips on the gloves after washing his paws and moves the veggies into place. The small corgi knows nothing about cooking, but figures it cant be to hard. He grabs the knife with both hands and began to saw at the veggies on the cutting board. Obviously doing it wrong.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Stop, stop, stop, Koa. You're smooshing it! Not to worry though, we can use that tomato in the fettuccine. Here. Lemme show you." After scraping the damaged tomato onto a saucer, John stands behind Koa and takes the corgi's paws in his hands.
"It's like you're chopping an ingredient for one of you experiments. Hold the tomato like so, and then use long slices with a gentle pressure. Let the knife do the work. We just want each cherry tomato cut in half. Make sure not to cut your paws. When you're done with the tomato, peel the cucumber like so." John puts the peeler and cucumber in Koa's paws and demonstrates the technique for that.
"Then you're going to chop that into lots of slices using the same motion with the knife." Switching back to the knife again, John holds Koa's paws and shows him how to cut the first few slices off the peeled area of the cucumber.
"Make sure to get all the peel off before you chop it and again make sure not to cut your paws. Reckon you can do that? Good boy. Just take it easy. It's not a race to see how fast you can do it. Steady and gentle does it. And don't be afraid to ask if you've any questions. Ah, there's the timer." Grabbing the tongs, John takes his crab from the pot and cools it under the tap before passing the tongs to Nadia as her timer rings.
"As to your question, Nadia, I don't really know. That's why I was asking Koa. He's the gardening guru." With a large carving knife, John splits his crab in two on a larger chopping board and then starts separating the meat and the shell and icky bits into their separate bowls, making room for Nadia to stand beside him and do the same.

~~~~
"Ah. I'll help you look." Flynn starts rummaging in the hedge next to where the cat had fallen. "You know, this is the second time I've done this today... Aha - oh, no, false alarm. Shiny bit of rubbish, sorry... My name's Flynn, by the way. What's yours?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Ah. I'll help you look." Flynn starts rummaging in the hedge next to where the cat had fallen. "You know, this is the second time I've done this today... Aha - oh, no, false alarm. Shiny bit of rubbish, sorry... My name's Flynn, by the way. What's yours?"
Charles eyed Flynn from the corner of his eye, before looking back at the ground.

Who is this guy? Whatever.

"Cha-Aha! There they are!"

Charles reached over and grabbed his glasses, putting them back on and standing up completely. He dusted himself off and fixed himself up, clearing his throat.

"I'm Charles," he said with a slightly deeper, almost threating voice.

He turned away and coughed hard into his elbow, clearing his throat again.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"All right, Kilo. Enjoy your book. Follow me, Nadia. I'll talk you through everything." John puts his briefcase on the hall table and takes the flowers and crabs through to the kitchen. He puts the flowers in a vase of water and then pulls a box of disposable gloves for pets from the cupboard. The gloves are smaller than human gloves and have thicker fingertips to avoid punctures from claws. Flynn often wears these when he helps John in the kitchen.
"Wash your paws and then put a pair of those on please. We don't want fur all through the food." John puts two large pots of water on to boil before washing his own hands and fetching a pair of screwdrivers from his tackle box. Once the water is boiling, John gives the vixen a screwdriver and using his own, shows Nadia how to humanely and instantly kill the crab before dropping it into the water to cook. Once his crab is in the pot, John starts a timer and then turns to Nadia.
"Reckon you can do the same thing?" Once Nadia's crab is also dispatched and cooking, John washes his hands again and has Nadia wash her paws and change her gloves to avoid cross-contamination from the raw seafood. While she does that, John pulls out garlic, onion, lime, mayonnaise, olive oil, cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper, fettuccine, mixed salad leaves, avocados and cream.
"Now. I wonder. Should we do the salad or the pasta first? Either way, we have a few minutes and we have to wait for Koa anyway. So..." John casts around for a topic of conversation before remembering something that Nadia had said earlier.
"What did you mean before when you said you were a guard fox?"

~~~~
Out in the yard, Flynn takes the phone back from Lucky and after confirming the time of the reservation with the employee, hangs up.
"I didn't think he was going to give us the reservation for a while there. But there you go. Enjoy your date! What was with that accent though, Bugs?" Flynn has to giggle at his friend's prank.
"I panicked," explained Luck, blushing a little as Flynn ran off to check on the noise.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie got a little bored so, to amuse himself (and show off), he flipped onto the bedframe and did a handstand.
--------------

Oreo ponders showing off as well..
But remembering the last time he did, he aggravated his neck injury.
So he just plops down into the pillows with the ferret gal, to watch the kitten show off..
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Make sure to get all the peel off before you chop it and again make sure not to cut your paws. Reckon you can do that? Good boy. Just take it easy. It's not a race to see how fast you can do it. Steady and gentle does it. And don't be afraid to ask if you've any questions. Ah, there's the timer." Grabbing the tongs, John takes his crab from the pot and cools it under the tap before passing the tongs to Nadia as her timer rings.
"As to your question, Nadia, I don't really know. That's why I was asking Koa. He's the gardening guru." With a large carving knife, John splits his crab in two on a larger chopping board and then starts separating the meat and the shell and icky bits into their separate bowls, making room for Nadia to stand beside him and do the same.
"I see" Nadia said , working on her own crab , a little bit more clumsy than john though .
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Felicity looked at Leslie show off, and smiled when Oreo decided to sit down next to her, she looked back at Leslie, "How did you get so good?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie turned around, even with his bandaged pawpads, and twisted down. "Dunno, just alwaes bin that gud," he said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"It must have been a draft, I'm certain of it."

Tesla laughed, taking back his flying machine

"I mean, what else could it be?"
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"I dunno. You're right. I ain't gonna worry about it anymore."

Except I'm going to stand here and scream about it internally for the rest of the day.

Flukely shoots Tesla a smile, ruffling his own low hanging ears. He raked his claws through the silkiness of them. It was a strange thing he did when he was thinking hard about something.
My characters!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie turned around, even with his bandaged pawpads, and twisted down. "Dunno, just alwaes bin that gud," he said.

Din what are you not good at..
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Huntin'" Leslie said, his eyes downcast. "Nefur cort anything..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Felicity got a little curious and a little sad for Leslie, "What have you hunted?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mowsies," Leslie said unhappily, "Wen I didn't hav a home. Nevur got wun. Was betur at hunting from bins."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Mowsies," Leslie said unhappily, "Wen I didn't hav a home. Nevur got wun. Was betur at hunting from bins."

So you hate these meeses to pieces!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Felicity looked at Oreo, "Why hate mice, do you?" Dexter watched with concern at where this conversation could turn, but didn't do anything to interrupt just yet.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie shrugged. "Waz towld they waz food is all," Leslie said. "On the rowds, I needed tew try and catch them but nevur did. Now I don't." He half grinned. "Mistur Flynn haz wun. A reel owld wun. He'z all 'I kno betur than yew,' and poking me wiv his stic. I lyke him." The last bit he whispered into Felicity's ear. He figured Oreo didn't need to hear as, after all, Oreo had also met the Mouse.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Civilization wrote:Felicity looked at Oreo, "Why hate mice, do you?" Dexter watched with concern at where this conversation could turn, but didn't do anything to interrupt just yet.

There hard to catch ween your hungry..
Oreo say without any emotion, just a statement of fact..
I'm a feral skunk, Iz just nows learning to be a doe-mess-i-cated pet.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Felicity could only muster a grim smile, "Oh." It was the only thing she could get herself to say. See was able to smile a little more brightly when Leslie said that he liked a mouse not just for food.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Charles, having recovered form his coughing fit, decided against using his deep voice and just went with his normal, British-sounding one. He sized up the rabbit, casually walking around him before coming to his front again. Charles didn't look at Flynn, instead looking at his unsheathed claws. He merely stared at Flynn through the corner of his eye, as if attempting to burn a whole through his very being.

"So, what are you doing here, Flynn? Is this your house?"
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Taken by surprise by the deep voice, Flynn is slow to react. He takes a moment to find his voice as the cat circles him like a vulture. He's a bit nervous but takes comfort in the knowledge that all he has to do is yell and Nadia and all his friends will come running. The rabbit decides to fight fire with fire and he stares straight back at the cat, his weight casually on one paw.
"I could ask you the same question." he answers bravely. "Yeah, this is my house. Why were you spying on us? You could have just come in and said hello." Flynn's heart is pounding as he notices the show of claws from the cat. He hopes it doesn't show on his face.

~~~~
"You wanna come in with us, Lucky?" Piper asks as she heads for the house.

~~~~
"Looking good, Nadia. It doesn't have to be too neat since we'll be shredding the meat anyway. How are you doing with the salad, Koa?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:Taken by surprise by the deep voice, Flynn is slow to react. He takes a moment to find his voice as the cat circles him like a vulture. He's a bit nervous but takes comfort in the knowledge that all he has to do is yell and Nadia and all his friends will come running. The rabbit decides to fight fire with fire and he stares straight back at the cat, his weight casually on one paw.
"I could ask you the same question." he answers bravely. "Yeah, this is my house. Why were you spying on us? You could have just come in and said hello." Flynn's heart is pounding as he notices the show of claws from the cat. He hopes it doesn't show on his face.
Charles' eyes widen a bit at the braveness, uncharacteristic for a rabbit. He turned to him fully, putting his claws away to cross his arms. His tail curled like a snake as he raised it.

"Hm. You seem to have guts, Flynn. And I wasn't spying."

Wait, yes I was. Nevermind!

Charles can sense the fear the rabbit holds and is suddenly struck with guilt. His eyes softened, but that was his only change in demeanor. Did the rabbit even realise he had dropped the whole deep voice thing? Charles scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm s-sorry *ahem* I'm sorry if I scared you."
My characters!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Civilization wrote:Felicity could only muster a grim smile, "Oh." It was the only thing she could get herself to say. See was able to smile a little more brightly when Leslie said that he liked a mouse not just for food.

Oreo leans back into the pillows, and up against the ferrets side..
Watching the kitten roll around.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa let John guide his paws and afer awhile he was getting the hang of it. He took is slowly like john had said and only had one more veggie to cut before the salad can be finished. "I think I'm almost done. This cucumber is a problem though. He said as he continued to peel the cucumber."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

As is normal, Leslie did roll around on the duvet. Which is why he was trapped in it in fifteen seconds flat. "Melp," he said, his voice muffled under the twisted duvet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kilo watched the news.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Felicity watched as Leslie rolled around with Oreo, taken aback by Oreo's friendliness after what he just said. But Leslie's new problem got her smiling even more then. "Try going the other way. Or need a hero?" She looked at Oreo as she asked the question.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Civilization wrote:Felicity watched as Leslie rolled around with Oreo, taken aback by Oreo's friendliness after what he just said. But Leslie's new problem got her smiling even more then. "Try going the other way. Or need a hero?" She looked at Oreo as she asked the question.

Oreo got up and went over to the stuck kitten..
An starts tickling his foot paw pads! @.@

itchy gittchy gooo
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie laughed and did his best to kick out gently as he struggled to free himself from his coccoon. He kept all claws in so as not to hurt Oreo or, indeed, himself. He managed to get his face free but that was about it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Looking good, Nadia. It doesn't have to be too neat since we'll be shredding the meat anyway. How are you doing with the salad, Koa?"
alright I'm done , what's next ?" Nadia asked , a little bit excited .
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: "You wanna come in with us, Lucky?" Piper asks as she heads for the house.
"Yeah, I'm coming," replied Lucky following her. "And I've got some good news."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla stood up and approached Flukely, giving him a rather awkward hug

"Uh, come one, let's go inside and get something to eat. That'll get your mind off of it."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Felicity laughed at Oreo's solution to the problem, she took the pillow she was sitting on and threw it at Oreo. "That's not hero acting."