HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Esper »

Mercury cautiously approached Flynn, desperate to have at least one other pet to be near, the librarian made him uncomfortable. "Uh, hello?" he gently waved a paw at the rabbit, "Mind if I hang out with you guys?"
~~~
Samantha picked at Tesla's tag to gather his contact information while Friday tromped into the exam room. For a short while Friday and Tesla spoke quietly, the corgi explaining what little he could hear from the nights events while Samantha Walton had an... Exchange with Tesla's owner over what would appear to be a matter of money. Soon Friday left and Tesla sat quietly as Mrs. Walton hung up the phone, "Your owner says she'll 'Get you better real soon' until then she has given you the instruction of being careful." She said blandly, picking up Tesla and setting off to fine a place to put him or somebody to pawn him off in
Argent

Post by Argent »

Samantha doesn't respond for a few minutes, then comes in and gives Koa a good talking to about being quiet and polite and using his inside voice instead of barking like a wild animal. "And no, I haven't called your owner yet this morning, in case you haven't noticed we're kind of busy."

She grabs Sandy, and a clipboard, and introduces them to each other. "Go get Cinnamon and have him collect all the pets names, tags, and owner's numbers, then you can sit down and call them all and let them know what's going on. I've already talked to, ah... Tesla... Tesla's owner, so you can skip that call. Then put him in room two with his friend once Mr. Friday is done."

"Why don't we let Cinnamon do the calling."

"Because he's not a human, even if he's capable, half the owners would just hang up on him. Now scoot."
Last edited by Argent on Mon May 06, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn flicks his ears back slightly as he hears the padding of additional pets. As he turns around and sees the cats he can't help but grumble at the site. Great... this place had a gang of cats, just great.... Leaning close to the rabbit's ear he whispers into it "Flynn, do you know these cats? Would they try and start anything in here? I'm not much of a fighter but I know how cats can be at times." He moves his eyes to look at the cats again as they approached, hopefully there were dogs in the area he could meet up with eventually, to be the only dog would be horrible in his eyes.

He stays quiet as the one seemingly bold cat steps forward and walks to the rabbit. When his intentions are giving however he chooses to speak up. "I'm Ryyn, I'm new here I suppose, please make sure your friends don't cause trouble."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky was hanging out behind the librarian desk. His mom was head librarian, and he often accompanied her to work. As he was spinning around in the swivel chair his mom came to the desk with a large stack of papers. "Lucky, could you take this to that group of pets on the other side of library for me?" she asked.
"Sure thing mom!" replied Lucky. He took the large stack of papers and half walked, half stumbled to the other side of the library where Flynn was. He cleared his throat. "Hi, my mom told me to bring these things to you." He said as his knees buckled under the weight.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc watched intently as the lioness left the window and silence fell with the exception of the occasional sound of the poacher in the other room, until Doc heard some thumping noise behind him and then the voice behind it. Doc got up and wandered over to where the sound came from, he then pressed his ear to the wall and listened. He just barely heard some crunching, like leaves and he brought his maw to the wall then he wrapped his paws around it so to concentrate the sound and hopefully keep the man in the other room unaware.
"Yes? Hello, who are you?"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa looks at samantha while still clutching to Kousa. "Well if you're busy all you have to do is ask for help. I didn't go to school for nothing." Koa then looks at kousa. "Kousa dear, can you take me to the bed so I can get something from bag?" "Sure, sweetie." When they reach the bed Koa pulls his wallet out of the bag and hands Samantha his medical license. "Oh and don't worry about my leg it won't slow me down."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

somewhere in the wood , Nadia came across a nice , crystal clear river
" *sigh*...I promised I'll find you , but I just can't keep this up forever you know , just where're you right now,are you even in this realm anymore?"
<It is inadvisable for you to be here , young curatrix> a voice called out for her , and a few seconds later , an eagle landed on a nearby branch.<especially without your Chosen>
"Please forgive my intrusion and lack of manners , but how is it that you've come to recognized me , and why wouldn't it be wise to be here?"
<Do not be of concern young one , for your kind's existence is still only known by a few selected outlanders such as I am , as for the reason for my previous warning , the safety of this land and her offspring are being tempered by the hand of the unwritten fate's children>
"humans?"
<indeed ! Most recently their iron wings have come and taken many of our brothers away against their will , to where they see it is fit for our brothers to live in , even a young cougar who was under this town's protection did not manage to avoid the same misfortune>
"Will they be alright?And would the humans be back anytime soon?"
<though the actions of those children are forced and without much appropriate considerations , the essence in them are benevolent , therefore I most certainly hope that no harm will come of our brothers' way , and in time , the humans will learn the error of their way . The time of their arrival is the most unexpected and whether or not they'll return would not be in my range of comprehension to predict , that is however just the tip of the iceberg my dear>
"there's more?"
<unfortunately yes , there are more , perhaps still lurking in this very forest , 2 corrupted ones driven by their own misguided conception of comforts , the source of our recent uncountable casualties , even threaten the lives of our domestic siblings last night , it is of their most fortune that most of them came to no harm>
"most of them? so they got someone?"
<the great nature warned them , she tried her best to prevent them from stepping into danger , to make them go back , yet they did not listen in time , the humans found and injured a few of them despite her tears and fury hindered their progress, in the end they managed to get away , except for a young wolf , who in his moment of anger decided to stay and confront his enemies>
"That idiot..."
<he fought valiantly , but it would take much more than just one's strength and valor to emerge from such unbalanced battle unharmed , it is our shame that in the mist of chaos , we did not step out to stand by the warrior's side>
"Is there still hope left for him?"
<help made its' way to him even as we speak , and more will soon come , I would not however advice you to attempt to try to help him alone , despite the uncertainty of his future>
"why shouldn't I help if there is a good guy out there who need it ? What sense does it make?"
<my apologizes , but you're in no condition to fight , the matters even worse now that you've parted with your chosen ,if those humans were to attack you at this moment , there would be little chance for your survival>
"tsk , I'm supposed to be the one protecting others here , being someone who knows about us you should know better than that , but whatever , given that you know the matters around this land better than I do , what do you think I should do now?"
<return to the safety of the town , there will be someone there for you to meet , and perhaps certain events will lead you to help the wolf in a more .... sensible way> and with that the eagle took off
"urrggh , even in the forest....sigh , well... I guess , may the spirit be with you wolf" she muttered , then started to head back out of the wood
Argent

Post by Argent »

Samantha glances idly at the wallet and hands it back. "I'm sure you have all kinds of interesting stories, but I don't have time to play with the animals this morning, maybe tomorrow, OK?"

She walks out and starts talking casually about Tesla's case with her husband, not caring whether Koa hears. The other corgi may have neurological damage if the lightning was close enough to shock him, or it could be psychosomatic. Did the other dog mention the lightning, how close they were? Did he mind if she asked it a few questions while it was waiting for the ranger?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I've never met them."Flynn whispers back.
"Sure, I guess." Flynn answers the cat cautiously. "I'm Flynn. Ryyn and I are new here."
Seeing the other rabbit about to topple under the pile of papers, Flynn jumps up to help, knocking over his chair with a clatter, earning his some angry glares from the other patrons. Ignoring them, he supports the papers with one paw and the rabbit with the other, guiding him to the table.
"Thanks for those. Just put them over here."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Your welcome." replied Lucky, grateful for the help. "I'm Lucky Richardson the Third Esquire by the way," he said to everyone, "My mom's the librarian here, so if you need anything please just ask me." He was actually kind of nervous, as he didn't talk to other pets very often. He rocked back and forth on his feet for a moment before asking, "So...what are you researching?"

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"No, no shaving please." She looked up at the Doctor inquisitively
"I guess I could... But I don't remember much.". A thought occurred to her at that moment.
"Wait... looking for Doc? What happened to him? Didn't he get on the horse too?"

"The one that suppose to be in there." Snapped an annoyed voice.
"I mean, yeah, thanks for the save, whatever, but I could have ditched them myself." Doc heard a soft thud on the other side of the wall when she sat down on the ground, back to the wall.
"What were you doing out in the woods anyways? Don't pets stay in their cozy houses when its raining?" She sounded bitter.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Roarin wrote:"Wait... looking for Doc? What happened to him? Didn't he get on the horse too?"
Doctor Walton shakes his head.

"That's what we're trying to find out. Someone hit the horse with a shotgun, you're lucky they didn't get you too, from what I hear. The wolf and the horse were here earlier, but they left... against my advice and with one of my animals thank you very much... to try and look for you.

At this point his wife pulls him back out of the room for a hurried conversation, then comes in asking about Tesla "Were you with the corgi when the lightning hit? Can you tell us how close it seemed to be, were you close to him, did you feel any kind of shock?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks, I'll do that. We're looking for information on the early history of the town, particularly that relating to my house - any old plans, permits, stories, anything like that. I'm Flynn, by the way... uh... Is there something slightly shorter I can call you? I don't think I could manage such a long name, if you'll pardon my saying so."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"That is the short version of name," said Lucky smiling, "but you can just call me Lucky. everyone does." He thought a minute before saying, "I was reading something yesterday on old house and secret passages. I think it's in here.." He reached into the pile of books when he got a strange feeling suddenly the books and papers began to topple towards him. He managed to get out an "Oh no!" before being crushed by an avalanche of research materials.

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn starts to introduce himself to the rabbit before the books fall on the poor pet. He quickly starts to get the books from the buried rabbit before helping him up. "I'm Ryyn Evern, you don't seem too lucky, Lucky. " He chuckles a bit as he starts to pick up the books.

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Yeah just get all the jokes about my name and luck out the way now, why don'tcha? Thanks for the help though." he dusted himself off and started looking through the books. "It's nice to meet you Rynn. Now where is that book. It's around here somewhere."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Helping to pick up the papers and books, Flynn gives Lucky and odd look. "How... Lucky, there was another book on the shelf back this way. Could you help me spot it again?" When the two rabbit are alone, Flynn begins interrogating Lucky.
"I never said anything about secret passages. How and what do you know about them?"

OOC: If that's too controlling, let me know and I'll change it.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury sat down quietly, his eyes somewhat downcast, "Nice to meet all of you. My name is Mercury... Like the element." The cat introduced himself, hoisting his satchel into the table to rifle through it
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

OOC:It's fine.

Lucky was very nervous. "I just read about them yesterday is all. A lot of old houses have them in places like this." He hoped his bad luck was coming into play again. "A lot of tunnels could have been built under this town for various uses. It was often safer than going out over the surface back when locusts were around in the 1800s." He gulped nervously.

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn gulped slightly as the rabbits left and he was left alone with the cat. "Er nice to meet you mercury, don't worry I've a stranger name as you can see." He chuckles a bit as he looks at the cat. "I don't suppose there are any dogs hear is there? Just cats and rabbits?" He hoped that the cat would give him an honest answer, even better if in his favor.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Oh, um, yeah. There's plenty of dogs, I just don't know where they went..." Mercury mumbled
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

"Is there any particular gangs I should keep an eye out for or avoid?" He know that often times in towns and such pets would form gangs of friends that they would typically stay loyal to.

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa gave Samantha nasty look when she left the room and didn't take him seriously. "Fine then, Kousa think you can carry me out of here?" Kousa gave Koa a confused look before she said "Are you sure? you know they probably won't let you leave." "Well you see, I never really asked them to take me in, and even though my owner won't approve of the procedure; I can do the procedure to heal my leg myself. I think the racket you caused yelling my name and storming the place probably scared them a little." Kousa's brain couldn't handle the amount of thought Koa put into getting out, so she just decided to nod and say "Where do you want me to take you?" Koa thought about it. "Well, I would like to read up on this town's history and maybe see if someone searched the forest for any valuable medicines, So can you take me to the library? You have a smartphone right?" Kousa smiled "Yeah lets go." They headed towards the door to his room to make there way to the lobby.

((OOC: I'm kinda tired so there may be grammar mistakes somewhere.))
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna nodded hopping down from the table and onto the ground.
"Yeah, but the strike wasn't really close enough to shock us or anything. I think it hit a tree." She seemed distant as she spoke, her mind clearly on something else.
"So... if Doc wasn't on the horse then..." She paused for a second, then a expression of alarm crossed her face before she tried to make a dash for the door.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"If he wasn't close enough to get shocked, he can probably be helped with therapy... ah, if his owner will pay for it. Hey! Where are you going, you need to talk to the Mister Friday!"

Samantha makes a grab for Zanna, but isn't quick enough.

"Stop that husky!"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

When Doc had said what he needed to say he put his ear up to the wall again and listened.
Roarin wrote:"The one that suppose to be in there." Snapped an annoyed voice.
"I mean, yeah, thanks for the save, whatever, but I could have ditched them myself." Doc heard a soft thud on the other side of the wall when she sat down on the ground, back to the wall.
"What were you doing out in the woods anyways? Don't pets stay in their cozy houses when its raining?" She sounded bitter.
Doc let out a slight growl, angry that this random lioness would be so egotistical to think he did it for her. He put his maw and paws up to the wall the same way as before.
"Don't flatter yourself, I didn't do it for you." Doc thought of Zanna, Tesla and Moonbeam for a moment wondering if he'd see them again. After a heartfelt moment he shook the feeling away, telling himself that he'd get back somehow.
"It was a camping trip, and when the storm started the poachers appeared. Now I don't have the time for chit-chat, if you're here to help me then help me, if not then i'd prefer solitude"

Doc removed his maw from the wall and sat back, waiting to see if there would be an answer.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah. That's alright then. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. It's just, I found one of the tunnels in my room earlier today and I hadn't told anyone yet. I was keeping it a secret, you know, for safety, until i knew exactly what I was dealing with. Let's pretend we couldn't find the book and head back over."
Returning to the other animals, Flynn is just in time to hear Ryyn ennquiring after the dogs.
"Ah, I think I can provide more information on that point." He again relates last nights adventures, this time for the benefit of the assembled group.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn looks over at the rabbit as they head back. He blinks a moment at Flynn's comment about knowing where they were. "Yes please do shed some light on what happened... I feel like the only dog in this town right now." He couldn't help but whimper a bit at the thought, how horrible would it be to be the only dog?

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn concludes the tale with "By the time I'd left, Koa was already being looked after and the horse and the wolf had gone to look for the others. If the movies are to be believed, there's not much that can hide from a wolf's nose. They're probably all back at the clinic by now."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Geez, how did I miss all that last night?" asked Lucky shaking his head. Maybe my luck is getting better. he thought. Out loud he said, "So we didn't find the book, but maybe your house record is in one of these folders. What's your address?"

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Argent wrote: "Stop that husky!"
As Koa and Kousa were nearing the the lobby, they heard Samantha yell. Although they didn't know which husky she was yelling about, they still found it wise to skip the check out process and get out as quickly as possible.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Freedom Drive. I live in the big, old house down the end. I'm not sure of the exact number." Seeing Lucky reaching for the precariously wobbling stack of papers, Flynn quickly suggests that perhaps he should pull the folders out of the pile this time.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Tue May 07, 2013 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"that annoyance of a man , never around when you need him to...."Nadia muttered , walking through the town , amazed by how fast her "owner" left the house after she left .
"For a nerd who writes for a living he's even more eager to meet the folks around here than I am , wonder why--" the fox's rambling got cut off when she stopped in front of the library "should have figured this much , "I've always been the sociable and relax one , it's time for you to try too" ya RIGHT ! bet you're in there right now sticking your eyes in one of those old books again you old troll . Wonder if I should stay here and wait for him to come out of go in there ....never really into these kind of stuff...hm...." and she just stood there thinking back and fort with those 2 choices , can't really decide which is which.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Sandy hears "stop that husky" and then is bowled down by a husky running past him.

In normal circumstances, all other things being equal, a human is no match for a dog in a footrace. These weren't normal circumstances, though... Kousa's got a significant head start, but she's burdened by a heavy little corgi and, well, Sandy is a pretty tall and long-legged human.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Drat" Kousa said as she noticed Sandy getting closer to her. Kousa realized that it was impossible for she and Koa to get away and gave up. "Sorry Koa, these humans are very persistent; and with me carrying you, I can't out run them." Koa gave Kousa a disappointing look, and he himself gave up. "It's okay, maybe we can sneak out after things calm down. Although you can act like you going to bite her maybe that will work" when he said the biting idea, he smiled to indicate it was a joke. They stopped and gave in. Soon they saw Zanna running past them. "Well thats unfair." they both said in unison.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Sandy arrives, panting like a dog, followed by Samantha who's yelling... at Sandy!

"Stop playing with those dogs and catch the hu... the other husky!"

"MUUUM, you just said... there's no way I'm going to catch her now."

"All right, we have her tag, right? We do, don't we? Sandy..."

"I was on my way to get Cinnamon when this dog popped up."

Samantha sighs at the fundamental unfairness of the universe.

"Maybe we have it from last night, go in and check on the computer, get Cinnamon to help you."

And now she notices Koa.

"And you, boy, what are you doing out here? You're on strict bed rest until your leg's stable, and we've still got to deal with your owner. Do you know what he wanted us to do with you?"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I have an idea..." Koa looked down at his leg. "But I don't want to go through the procedure, I can heal myself." Koa started getting restless. "It's boring here. Just give me a wheelchair, and all that stuff. I don't need to be here."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Sorry!". Zanna called back as she whistled down the hallway. She still felt disoriented and at one point she stumbled, almost tripping over her feet.
She knew she couldn't stand around here doing nothing. Based on her TV knowledge, characters never got anything done when they spoke to the authorities. But more importantly, based on what the doctor said. She was afraid it might be her fault.
When she got to the entrance she was about to push the door open when a wave of fatigue hit her. The door felt heavy as she pushed and the world spun. The husky paused for a moment, waiting for it to stop.

Meanwhile...
And there was silence. Whether the mountain lion was still there or was unknown. But as of now she seemed to be giving him the cold shoulder. Leaving him alone, again.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Samantha rubs her eyes, she really doesn't need this aggravation. Where do they come up with this stuff?

"If you're bored, you can stay in Cinnamon's room, he's got all of Sandy's old comic books and he's always coming up with the craziest ideas, you'll get along fine! I'm not supposed to talk about it, but... we've got a family who wants to adopt you, and with what you told me and Mister Friday I don't think your owner will be able to make much of a fuss. I can't keep you if you really want to leave, unfortunately, not in this county anyway... but it's not in your best interests."

Sandy is bent over, catching his breath, but looks up in time to see Zanna leaning against the door. "Hey!" He jogs up to her. "Hey there... ah... girl... you aren't supposed to leave yet. Mum!"

Samantha glowers at Koa. "Don't go anywhere..." She walks up to Zanna. "Could you please come back, you're a witness, and you can get in trouble if you don't give Mister Friday a statement."
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Rusty's ears twitched. There seemed to be a lot of yelling coming outside from the Weasel's room. It got the dog curious. While playing games is fun, there was clearly something more interesting going on elsewhere.

"Should we go see what's going on?" The yorkie asked Cinnamon. "It sounds like they're having fun without us!"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA