HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Argent wrote:The vet comes in with a heavy padded roll over his shoulder, and a couple of big plastic bags full of jelly that he's squeezing in his hands. "Pick him up, carefully, lay him down here on the couch" where he's unrolling a heavy blanket with a cord hanging from one end. He tucks the rabbit in with the fat plastic bags. "Plug it in, keep it on low. This is my bunny kit... rabbits are susceptible to shock... and shock and hypothermia together is a bad combination. Luckily the treatment for both is the same. We need to get his body temperature up and keep it up."

He looks around, peering into adjacent rooms and looking out the window.

"What on earth were you doing that got him so cold?"
"I'm sorry...." Nadia said , already stood a few step behind the doctor "It's my fault....we found a tunnel under his room and decided to check it out , I wanted to go deeper ,so he did , and we found a cavern with an underground river there , Flynn got his paws dirty so he went wash up and fell in the cold water , then when we were just going back there were these 2 dogs who dropped down from the ceiling , so I guess he got the shock from there....."she told him with a saddened and tired expression on her face
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Tue May 14, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn backs himself into the corner wrapping a blanket around himself as the vet comes in. NO way is he getting any more shots or medicine, those vet visits were the worse thing. "I swear I have all my shots..."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky woke up as the blanket was pulled out from under him. "Don't eat me!" he blurted as he awoke. He sat up and looked around. Once he got his bearings he asked, "Oh, is the vet here?"
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Don't worry about it, ah, miz fox. I know how youngsters and animals egg each other on. So long as you understand where you made a mistake and know better than to do it next time. In fact, I'd be interested in hearing more about this, ah, adventure. How long..." He turns back to the Porters. "An underground tunnel? An underground river? Did you know about this, Mr Porter. Mrs Porter? I'd have hoped your animals would have told you... speaking of which, I've met your bunny before, and I know Lucky, but how many of these are yours?"

(edited... oops, Porter, not Potter)
Last edited by Argent on Tue May 14, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:The mountain lion walked up beside Doc and sniffed the air, she herself was curious as to why this wolf seemed to care if there was a scent at all.
"Okay? So what? You looking for you friends?"

Doc grimaced and looked over at the lioness
"Yes, but this scent was different. Newer. Regardless, less gets back on the trail I think we may be getting close to town"
Doc turned back towards where Moonbeams scent was and he tried to lock on it again.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan and John look at each other. "We had no idea. We knew Flynn was going exploring with his new friends but we had no idea where... Will he be OK? He's the only pet we've got. The others are all his friends. We don't know them all yet. But will Flynn be OK?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury curled himself next to Lucky, passively observing the Doctor, "Oh, uh, I'm Mercury." Came his delayed greeting
Argent

Post by Argent »

"OK, then... hi kids! I better check the rest of you over, after I'm sure your buddy is doing OK. You can tell me all about your adventures!"

Then, he pulls his wallet out and ... starts handing out business cards! "Could you give these to your owners? I'm sure they'll want to know about the best vet in 50 miles," and as he hands one to Nadia, he adds "and I'm licensed for exotics, which will be a big relief for someone!"

And on that note he goes back to check Flynn again, taking his pulse and reaching under the blanket to examine him all over. It's a good thing the bunny's asleep, or he'd sure be embarrassed.

"Oh, by the way, John, Joan, you ought to talk to a lawyer about that tunnel, before the county sends someone to talk to you about it."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa slowly lifts up he trapdoor and whispers to the others. "Is he gone?"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn looks at the card with a look of almost horror. "Uh sure I'll make sure Dad gets it, uh yeah." In truth he had no intention of doing such a thing, best to avoid those visits for as long as possible. "We were only exploring some old caves, we never left his home to be honest..." He figits with the bandana around his neck nervously.

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"I'll add this to all your other business cards I have." said Lucky putting it in the first aid kit for now. He then jumped on the vet and hung on by his coat. "Are you sure Flynn will be okay?!?" he asked desperately, releasing several hours of stress all at once.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:"OK, then... hi kids! I better check the rest of you over, after I'm sure your buddy is doing OK. You can tell me all about your adventures!"

Then, he pulls his wallet out and ... starts handing out business cards! "Could you give these to your owners? I'm sure they'll want to know about the best vet in 50 miles," and as he hands one to Nadia, he adds "and I'm licensed for exotics, which will be a big relief for someone!"

And on that note he goes back to check Flynn again, taking his pulse and reaching under the blanket to examine him all over. It's a good thing the bunny's asleep, or he'd sure be embarrassed.

"Oh, by the way, John, Joan, you ought to talk to a lawyer about that tunnel, before the county sends someone to talk to you about it."
"thank you...." Nadia distractingly said , receiving the card , her eyes were still on Flynn while regret filled her mind , not even notice her own headache becoming more and more intense
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury tool the card and tucked Into his bag, "Yeah, we went to into the cave to explore, middle middle middle, and then we pulled Flynn from the water and these two pets came crashing through the ceiling." He put quietly, ignorant to Koa's presence
Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul Walton sits there, hugging and trying to comfort one rabbit while keeping track of how another one is doing and what Mercury is saying at the same time. He seems a little overwhelmed, all of a sudden.

"And after all that, how do you feel? Cold? Hot? Stomach acting up? Do you hurt anywhere?" he asks Mercury. "Slow down and think about it a minute."

Lucky takes a bit more petting and talking to, "I think he'll be OK, Lucky. But what about you? You OK? Not hot or cold? Any aches or pains?"

And then he asks Nadia and Ryyn the same questions, "I know you're still keyed up over your adventure, but slow down and think about your own bodies, how do you feel?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky let go and feel back to the floor. He thought for a moment and said, "Well two pets did fall on me, and I got bad rope burns while saving Flynn. But other than I'm fine."

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Turns his head slightly "I'm only going to say this if you agree not to try and take my core temperature, all I did was slip and fall on my tail a bit, nothing bad."

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury patted at himself, "I think I may be the only one to escape there unharmed!" He sneezed, and sneezed again, and again, "Uh, I probably just inhaled some dust."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"thanks for asking sir , but I think I'm ok , at least I'm not the one-" then she suddenly slumped down, one paw cover half of her face as the headache started to become too much for the fox to handle "I'm burning up ? **** ! Not now !"
"arrghh ! I'm ok , j-just a little headache"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Thu May 16, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The mountain lion just shrugged and continued to follow.

"Mmm... this is actually pretty good." Zanna mumbled out loud as she rolled the jawbreaker around her mouth.

(Sorry for the short post, didn't know what else to say >_<)
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Doc Walton checks Lucky over, "I'll call your owner and see if she wants to bring you in to check for cracked bones again, but after the last two X-Rays she'll probably say no."

Then he notices Nadia. "A headache? Did you hit your head? Did you drink any of the... what was it you said you found...?" He reaches out to feel her nosepad.

---

Cinnamon pulls out a couple of Scrabble sets and starts piling up the tiles to see if he can put together a full set. He hands out trays to Rusty and Zanna. "You and Tesla can play together, Rusty. you can be his seeing eye dog, and he can be your spelling brain dog." The big weasel giggles. "And Zanna and I can play by ourselves."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Nadia tried to push the man's hand away , the last thing she needed was for him to know she got a fever and call her owner , bring her to the clinic , or try to give her some medicine , none of those she's a fan of "n-No I didn't hit my head or drink anything *huff* , I'm fine really , just *huff*...t-these things happen sometimes "
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Wed May 15, 2013 4:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

After a minute Doc got Moonbeams faint scent again and started to follow it, silently tracking through the brush the path becoming more familiar as they progressed until he could actually see broken branches where Moonbeam must have ripped up coming through here. As he walked he slowed down till he was next to the lioness, unlike before his tone was a lot calmer and a lot more rational.
"When we get to the outskirts of town, we're going to need to get you inside without having everyone freak out."
Doc then realized that he too did not have a collar on and he let out a slight sigh thinking about this
"And myself as well. If we move quickly we might be able to get to wherever Moonbeam stopped at and I can get my collar and try to get a fake one for you for the time being"

They were still a ways away but definitely within range of the smell of the town's cars and other odorous items. Maybe even within range of the rangers.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The lioness wrinkled her nose as the smells of the forest changed to that of the town's. The new scents weren't new to her (she'd been near a road before)' but it still made her fur stand on end.
Marine Fox wrote: I can get my collar and try to get a fake one for you for the time being"
The mountain lion paused at the mention of getting a collar, her eyes widened.
"Wait what?! I'm not getting one of those things. I'm not a pet!.". She sneered the last word defensively. Her hand unconsciously touched her neck, picturing a collar around it, suffocating her... And for a brief moment she looked scared.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc watched as the lioness rejected the thought of a collar, he thought it funny that such a reaction would be caused by a small item but thinking about what it meant he somewhat understood he feelings of it. He looked over and smirked a little.
"Easy, no need to get defensive. I only offered because if people see you in town you're likely to get animal control called up, or worse. It's only a safety precaution.....if we make it into town"
He muttered the last part under his breath, worried that they'd be taken by AC before they reached the end of this trail.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kandi had gone back to the barn area, before the second round of pet antics started..
Hey there, how are my favorite geldings?
Moonbeam perks his head up from his stall with a snort.
That's not funny!
Kandi comes over to his stall and starts rubbing his nose.
Ah, feeling better? I see you feel up to complaining, instead of just whining.
I don't whine!
Only endlessly! Rocky snorts back at him. Ohh poor me!! Oohh i'm diiiiiieing!.. Oooh how could that happen to meee!
Kandi giggles at the paints impressions of Moonbeam actions, which leads to another round of the two equines sniping back and forth at each other.
Kandi opens the stall doors and herds them outside into the corral.
What is in the air here today, that is making all the animals act crazy? I had to run and put down a near riot and mass escape of pets in the main clinic. Now you two are bickering like a pair of old mares..
How am i expected to be with..
Oh just get over it, now shoo shoo you two. Go chase each other around the corral, remember moving around will help you both heal. As she prods the equines out into the grassy corral area..

She closes the corral gate, and makes sure it's latched. Was that a couple of pets running off in the distance? she strains to look, then turning about at the sound of the truck spitting gravel as it speeds off out of the lot.
Someone is sure in a hurry she says, as the truck goes back the other way now..
Now, what could have possibly gone horribly wrong??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The mountain lion simply made a "Hmmph..." sound, crossing her arms, tail lashing.
But she continued to trail behind him nevertheless.

Ref Ref!
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"Okay!" Rusty said happily.

The dog picks up the word tray and examines it before placing it back down and looking at the colourful checked game board.

How do we play?" He asked, "Is it like Snakes and Ladders?"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I think you play by trying to find as many words as you can in as much time as you get." Tesla said, patting at the board
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

When Koa finished his sentence he saw Doc talking to the other pets and slammed the trapdoor shut.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul Watson has been dealing with animals for too many years to be fooled by that, and shakes his head. "Let me check you out, girl, I'm not going to hurt you, but if you get really sick it's me your owner's going to be mad at... for not doing my job. What have I ever done to you that you want to do that to me?"

---

"That's the other game, I don't have that one. This one you can take your time, you take turns making words that line up with the other words already there. Like a crossword puzzle."

Cinnamon draws his tiles. "Pick out seven tiles, like this, and don't let anyone else see 'em."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As the warmth begins to suffuse back into his body, Flynn unconciously groans and shifts slightly. "What was that? Is he OK? What's happening?" babbles Joan, still fearing for Flynn's life.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"Um Okay!" Rusty said, drawing seven tiles and placing them on the tray. "I think I get it. Well, sort of! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it once we start playing!"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Argent

Post by Argent »

"That's actually a good sign, let me see..."

The big human checks Flynn over, gently, so as not to wake him up. He tosses a set of keys to Joan.

"He should be fine. Could you do me a favor, I need my bag off the passenger seat of the car, I think I need to take a closer look at this fuzzy white girl here."

He waves a hand vaguely at Nadia.

---

Cinnamon explains the rules, and then explains them again for Rusty, and finally "Yeh, I think you can catch on as we go, just do what Tesla tells you."
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn twiddles with his paw digits quietly while listening to the vet. So this was going to be his new vet... Well he hoped he wouldn't have to see her anytime in the near future, probably didn't even give out treats to good pets.

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"n-no , sir please, you d-don't have to..."The fox still tried to oppose the idea , but that was all she could muttered as the pain continue to increase , and worse, her limbs already began to be harder to move...
Argent

Post by Argent »

The vet helps the collapsing fox lay down safely, then starts looking through his kit "And this time our problem is heat. Girl, talk to me, right now you look like a case of heat stroke, and I wish people wouldn't bring arctic species to places like this... but if there's anything else I need to know about let me know now."

More of those magic bags of jelly, this time they get cold when he squeezes them. What will they think of next? He also starts fingering through her dogtags. "Don't see anything here, but do you know if you have problems with doggy tylenol?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury closed his eyes and flopped back to try and take a cat nap, but hacking fits dictated otherwise
~~~
"So Rusty, what letters have we got?" Tesla asked, "I like this game."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:The vet helps the collapsing fox lay down safely, then starts looking through his kit "And this time our problem is heat. Girl, talk to me, right now you look like a case of heat stroke, and I wish people wouldn't bring arctic species to places like this... but if there's anything else I need to know about let me know now."

More of those magic bags of jelly, this time they get cold when he squeezes them. What will they think of next? He also starts fingering through her dogtags. "Don't see anything here, but do you know if you have problems with doggy tylenol?"
"well..no , at l-least I don't remember anything like that..." the fox answered , pretty much gave up on the idea of trying to be "ok" anymore , just wait til Josh find out , 100% "I told you so" song , all night....
".....p-please just....don't tell my owner about this...."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan looks up from Flynn just in time to have Paul's keys bounce off her nose. She picks them up off the floor and passes them to John who jogs out to the car and returns shortly with Paul's bag. He hands it to the Doc and then returns to sit by Flynn's side.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky walked over to Joan and John and decided to introduce himself. "Hi, I'm Lucky Richardson the Third Esquire. I'm a friend of Flynn."