HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"That's when the other corgi started getting all angry and acted like a bad dog and was talking back to Mrs. Walton!. Doc, I mean Dad, he had to shoot him with his dart gun and the other husky grabbed him and ran out and I went out to tell them they were being bad dogs and they told me to take the wheelchair back and then I was talking to the fox and broke the table and all these boxes came and Dad called the cops and we had to sit in the bird shed for hours!"
"oh yah ! that was fun , thanks for all the efforts trying to get me out of that cage Six !" Nadia said sarcastically , she's not even supposed to get mad at him , since let's face it , she knew from the start what she'll get herself into if she failed , but hey , hatred knows no reason , but that thought didn't last very long as the events around the pets start to come together in her mind
"Well you see, he gave me some sweet thing and, I went a bit insane on it..."
"uhh bad candy accident....."
"... Doc, I mean Dad, he had to shoot him with his dart gun and the other husky grabbed him and ran out and I went out to tell them they were being bad dogs and they told me to take the wheelchair back"
"...then after Koa healed the candied victim, he was tranqed and then I carried into the forest"
"what is it with these pets and getting into trouble with humans , you would think being raised by humans they would know better than to do something a feral like me would" the fox thought , kinda surprised by how much trouble's around this town that ironically supposed to help her to calm down , the 1st conversation she tried to start with these dogs leads to a dead end since there's no way she could blandly said "oh yes , you know that wolf friend of yours , he's in the poachers' hand now" , 2nd one ? "hey I know those 2 dogs , met them while I was exploring the underground with a rabbit who may or may not be ok at this moment" "*sigh*....."
and then Sixtoes lost her after "the space suit guy come in" because as much as she tried , that hyper active weasel just doesn't make any sense , the only thing she can make out is that somehow that dog - what was his name again, koa? - somehow ordered a delivery which came and now being held by humans like some kind of dangerous object
"It's lucky Ventorum doesn't even look like a proper weapon"
"Six , Six , slow down dude , you're making my head hurt ! Any Idea what those guy in space suit gonna do with the stuff ? And keep it simple ."
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Sun May 19, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury picked up his head, "Oh can I play? Er, could you teach me, rather."
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon looks at Nadia in complete innocence. Or incomprehension. They're none too far apart, in this case. "I was supposed to get you out of the cage? But Dad put you in there! I'm not even supposed to talk to animals in cages since the time in the attic!"

He pauses. Stops, and thinks. "I reckon they're taking it to the CSI lab, and figure out who sent it, and check for bombs and anthrax and anything like that, and then if find anything do they'll arrest whoever sent it and send them to jail."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"I was not not not not not not there when it happened.". Zanna quipped in, looking up and waving hello to the new fox before returning to examining her scrabble pieces.
"Oh, wait, no. That's not an A missing a crossbeam. That's an upside down V...".

The lioness was still following Doc, though she looked slightly more nervous now. The whole town scene wasn't really her thing. To get her mind off it she decided to try to spark up a conversation.
"So... Have you always been a human's pet? Cause last time I checked, wolves lived in the wild.".
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

All the way in Hawaii Koa's "aunt" decide to see how he was doing. So she called the clinic that kousa texted her about. "Hello? I was wondering how my sweet little Koa was doing. I bet he's healing a bunch of patients for you guys...oh yeah did he get the seeds I sent along with his bike, laptop, medical files, his greenhouse kit, his candy, and the check for $20,000. Koa said you were taking good care of him when he hurt his leg that he wanted to make a donation."
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Hello, Walton Clinic! I'm sorry, maam, can you hold a minute..." Samantha mutes the phone and puts it down, missing most of the woman's introductory comments. "PAUL! Call the constable on your cell, it's something to do with the stuff that dog sent to us!"

"I'm sorry, he's not here right now, I don't know if he'll be back... he's, ah, got quite an imagination! I was wondering, if he's your dog, what's he doing living with that..." Despite her opinion of the dog's tales, she could tell he was being abused, but she didn't want to express what she really though of the man to a stranger. "... that unpleasant gentleman?"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Looks over to Mercury and grins "Of course you can learn how to play, typically your supposed to have four adventurers anyways."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc hearing the lioness's question he slowed till he was next to her though still keeping his sight more or less in front.
"For a while now yes. And I used to live in the woods, with my pack"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Oh...so he is being abused. Well I figured this would happen and I told him that. He is with my brother because, he's always wanted to go and explore other medical practices, as well as live inside the country, where the whether changes and its not always hot." almost forgetting it, she realized how they asid Koa wasn't there. "Where is my baby anyway?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"We don't know, he left with a husky. If I see him again, is there any way he could come back to you? I think he'd be much better off with people who understand him. I... didn't know that was your brother, I'm sorry, I've only spoken to him on the phone and he quite disturbed me."

Paul's waving for attention, so she mutes the phone again and talks briefly to him.

"I'm afraid we don't have your packages, if you want to pick them up you'll have to call..." and she gives them the number the constable gave her husband.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

before the receptionist hung up she quickly answered her question. "Unfortunately no... When he left. I went ahead and took on the promotion I was offered...so now I don't have time for him. Although I can still send him money and Items that he needs. You see I'm a doctor and I took on the task of being the head doctor in my hospital. So I can't take care of him, my brother even though he is abusive, is still a better caretaker than I am at the current moment, unless you guys can find someone better that has a lot of space for his garden." She like she was crying. for a couple of minutes s sat there and finally said "Well if you find him; can you give him a message for me?" Before the receptionist could answer she began to say the message "Tell him that I hope to hear about puppies soon. and tell him to be careful with his toys."
Argent

Post by Argent »

Samantha scribbles some notes on the back of a piece of cardboard from a box of cat food, along with the calling number. "I'll be sure and tell him if I see him."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Thnx, I won't worry about the packages, I used his money to send and buy them anyway I'll just call the nearest store to you guys, to replace some of the Items, although he seeds I sent him will have to be shipped from here, my hospital. So it may be a day or two when he receives his seeds, can you tell him that?" and then hangs up.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Looking at her notes Samantha shakes her head at Paul. "I don't know what's going on here. She said there was a packaged greenhouse on the way, that wasn't in any of the boxes, none of them were that big."

"Probably shipped ground then."

"She sounded pleasant, but she's still trying to use us as a dropbox, and she didn't even ask if it was OK, she hung up before I could say anything. Like she just assumed I'd jump when she said frog. What kind of person does that? What are we going to do?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Nadia waves back at Zanna , kinda distracted by her thoughts
Argent wrote:Cinnamon looks at Nadia in complete innocence. Or incomprehension. They're none too far apart, in this case. "I was supposed to get you out of the cage? But Dad put you in there! I'm not even supposed to talk to animals in cages since the time in the attic!"
"wow this guy is actually clueless.....meh, can't exactly blame a pet for that..."
Argent wrote:He pauses. Stops, and thinks. "I reckon they're taking it to the CSI lab, and figure out who sent it, and check for bombs and anthrax and anything like that, and then if find anything do they'll arrest whoever sent it and send them to jail."
"...hope it won't come to that , for all of our sake"
"*sigh*.....I see....what time in the attic by the way ?" The fox asked , with a grin ," maybe if this weasel's too annoying to befriend with , I could use some kind of embarrassment from his past to force some help out of him later on , considering his owners work here , and with my luck.....urgh....and now I gotta be "cute and full of regret" with those humans when I get outta here to get back on their good side too , tsk"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I'm not allowed to talk about that! Hey! You want to see something really cool?"

Cinnamon pulls out his phone, and brings up the photo he took earlier. The screen isn't very good, but you can see that it's the dogs in the lobby, and there's kind of colored tints to them, and a dark cloud around one dog in a wheelchair.

"Lemme zoom in on the corgi, it's pretty cool."

When he zooms in, you can see that the cloud is angry faces, distorted as if seen through water. Almost the whole body of the dog itself is tinged red, with an angry red halo around his leg.

"I think that's his owner, he isn't very nice."
Last edited by Argent on Sun May 19, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

the fox's eyes widened in shock
that's an aura trace!
"SIX!" she suddenly grab the weasel's shoulders and look him straight in the eyes "how did you get this ? And has any humans see this?"
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Sun May 19, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I call it "Dark Light", cool, huh? It's something I put together, it was supposed to take infrared pictures, see how I replaced the lens on the phone? I busted it getting it off so I could take out the filter, and I got Sandy to get me a replacement off the net, and then I couldn't find the instructions online any more, the whole site had one of them DHS blocks on it, but I found it again on an old disk. I fixed Dad's old camera to take dark light pictures now too, that was easier, but it's way hard to get film anymore."

The skinny acrobat squeezes out of Nadia's grasp. "Careful! You'll wrinkle the material!" he giggles. "Nah, humans can't even see it, it's weird. I think it's quantum."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:"I call it "Dark Light", cool, huh? It's something I put together, it was supposed to take infrared pictures, see how I replaced the lens on the phone? I busted it getting it off so I could take out the filter, and I got Sandy to get me a replacement off the net, and then I couldn't find the instructions online any more, the whole site had one of them DHS blocks on it, but I found it again on an old disk. I fixed Dad's old camera to take dark light pictures now too, that was easier, but it's way hard to get film anymore."

The skinny acrobat squeezes out of Nadia's grasp. "Careful! You'll wrinkle the material!" he giggles. "Nah, humans can't even see it, it's weird. I think it's quantum."
Hearing Sixtoes' explanation , Nadia frowned in concern , it's that easy ? How could a weasel like him figure out something like this ? It is not until he said humans couldn't see it that she let out a breathe of relief "Y-yah , that's pretty cool I guess , it's actually kinda interesting thing to look at to pass the time , just , erm , don't go around showing that stuff ok ? I would say most of them won't even believe you so it's best to keep it to yourself"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"What's the fun in that? I get tired a lot, 'cos of how I was rescued, so I don't got anything to do but hacking. I do it alla time, you shoulda seen what I did with Sandy's music player. I don't know why he sent it back, it was way cooler after I fixed it!"

He waves a hand at the technical books and electronics filling the bookshelves. "I'm real good at this stuff! And Dad lets me help when Mu... uh... Mrs. Walton's not around."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

oh believe me Six....if another pet maybe a little smarter than you find out about this and believe you , soon the human will find out what they actually are ,and then "not fun" will be the least of our problem......how am I even gonna explain this to him anyway?....
"Oh? this is new ? You call Mr.Walton "dad" , and yet doesn't call Mrs.Walton "mom" , is there something between you two ? You know beside that fact that you probably did something like "fixing" her bathroom . And how were you rescued anyway?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Hey, when I can see again, can I see that light thing? Maybe I can make a copy of the machine!" Tesla barked happily
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

at this point , the fox just....facepawed , humans said "curiosity kills the cat" , and yet , these 2.....Oi!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Dad and Sandy are cool with the whole animal thing, but Mu... Mrs Walton doesn't think animals are really people. She likes animals, OK, she just doesn't believe we're like humans, like, at all. That's just how she is, and it's not like I can demonstrate self-awareness objectively to someone who doesn't accept the strong Church-Turing hypothesis."

Cinnamon sits on the bed and wiggles his toes at Nadia. Two of them are missing, and there's missing fur and scarring.

"Anyway, when they built those houses along the state highway, they tore down a bunch of trees and stuff, and someone brought me in. I don't remember what happened, of course, 'cos I was a baby, but that's how I lost my other toes, an my finger, see!"

He waves his left hand. with the missing finger.

"They was gonna call me Frodo, but Dad said it was too cliche, like Cinnamon isn't? And sure you can have the whole instructions, Tesla, I got 'em backed up on a floppy somewhere!"

And he starts rooting through the boxes and bookshelves.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:"Dad and Sandy are cool with the whole animal thing, but Mu... Mrs Walton doesn't think animals are really people. She likes animals, OK, she just doesn't believe we're like humans, like, at all. That's just how she is, and it's not like I can demonstrate self-awareness objectively to someone who doesn't accept the strong Church-Turing hypothesis."
"oh yah don't get me start on those kind of---erm....Church-Tur what now?"
Argent wrote:Cinnamon sits on the bed and wiggles his toes at Nadia. Two of them are missing, and there's missing fur and scarring.

"Anyway, when they built those houses along the state highway, they tore down a bunch of trees and stuff, and someone brought me in. I don't remember what happened, of course, 'cos I was a baby, but that's how I lost my other toes, an my finger, see!"

He waves his left hand. with the missing finger.
"oh....sorry to hear that" as much of an annoyance Sixtoes seem to be , Nadia can't help feeling sorry for the guy , he lost a part of him because of the humans , something she could related to .....well , somewhat anyway , it's not like she's the actual victim in her case .
Argent wrote:"They was gonna call me Frodo, but Dad said it was too cliche, like Cinnamon isn't? And sure you can have the whole instructions, Tesla, I got 'em backed up on a floppy somewhere!"

And he starts rooting through the boxes and bookshelves.
"let me guess , it's the fur right ?" She asked , chuckling , "Wouldn't surprise me , for someone who can make something so complicated like computers , humans really are an unimaginative bunch when it comes to naming pet , my owner said if I didn't already have a name when I met him he would have named me something like "snowball", lucky he didn't , hehehe , I even heard my sister got named "mercury" by a human before because she's blue....." but then the fox just trailed off , maybe it's not something to mention about "but anyway , getting off topic , how long have you been doing these picture thing ?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

serence ice fox wrote:
Argent wrote:"Dad and Sandy are cool with the whole animal thing, but Mu... Mrs Walton doesn't think animals are really people. She likes animals, OK, she just doesn't believe we're like humans, like, at all. That's just how she is, and it's not like I can demonstrate self-awareness objectively to someone who doesn't accept the strong Church-Turing hypothesis."
"oh yah don't get me start on those kind of---erm....Church-Tur what now?"
"You know, Turing's speculations about the nature of intelligence and how you could demonstrate self-awareness in non-human computing substrates!

He looks so cute perched on the edge of the bed, grinning, and talking about this stuff like he understood it.

Maybe he does.

"Yep, like every pine marten in the country ain't exactly the same color! And they call their kid Sandy but at least that's short for Lysander."

He starts adding up months on his paws, not skipping the stub of his ring finger. "Eight months? I downloaded the plans eight months ago, and, um, been getting good pictures since Valentine's day."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"you....sorta lost me....nevermind..." the fox said ,her ears fell down , also blushed a bit out of embarrassment , it's time like these that make she wish she would learn some of those human stuff , but why would she need to anyway....
"e-eight months?" kinda surprising , eight month , with that kind of time and yet nothing happened maybe it's not that bad after all , I'm just worrying to much
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Arriving at the vet clinic, John gives the heat mat and the gel things to Paul, informing him of Flynn's recovery as he does. "By the way, is that fox still here? She should know too - she was quite worried about him when you left."
Returning to the car, he gently picks up Koa again and carries him inside, making sure not to hit his cast on anything.
"Koa's told me what happened. I think you ought to give him a second chance. He couldn't have known the other dog would react to the candy like that. And I think he deserves it after putting up with his... shall we say, less than caring owner. He's actually quite sweet when you talk to him for a bit." he tells Paul.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Nadia's in the back playing with the other animals, I'll go and get..."

Paul pauses, speechless. Then looks around and hustles John back to his car with a muffled exclamation that's best unshared.

"Don't let Samantha see him," he whispers urgently, "... or Kandi, or... where did you find him? The constable kind of wants to know where he is, now. That's kind of my fault, we got an unexpected delivery, and I panicked, but how was I supposed to know his ex-owner was loaded and was sending his toys here instead of to his owner's place. I don't know what he told her, but she though he'd already moved in with us, and now she's worried. Stay there."

He walks with exaggerated casualness back inside the clinic, puts the blanket and gel packs in the back, and then fusses behind the counter for a few minutes. He comes out again with a pack of timothy bars, some dog treats, and a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

"I shouldn't give you this number, but she needs to know... it's his ex-owner's, call her and tell her you've got him, he's safe, and if you can get a word in edgewise... I can see where he gets it from... you might let her know that we're not an appropriate mailbox for his stuff."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa didn't really want to talk to he so he kept quiet, although when he heard him mention his suff; he finally spoke. "I only asked her to send it here because this is where I was until I got adopted, remember. I don't remember who told me but I was old I'd be staying here until then, and I didn't want my...owner....to get ahold of the stuff."
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You still have to ask. People don't like surprises, especially with all the PETA activity, and..."

He throws his hands up in the air. It's times like this he can appreciate Samantha's attitude.

"You have to go slow, be quiet, polite, and adoptable. For all you knew, he was going to show up the next morning. For all we knew, anyway. We're not your owners, we can't do anything until we're given legal responsibility, which would have been easy if you'd just stuck to the... I have to go, if Samantha sees you she will call the constables."

He runs back and puts a bill from his wallet into the till for the pet treats.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John tries to say something but Paul runs off before he is able. Pulling out his phone he dials the number.
Hi. Is this Koa's old owner? Yes, this is John Porter calling... No, ma'am, I am in America... I'm from Australia but I've just moved here... No, I... No, we don't ride kangaroos to work." John facepalms. "I'm calling about Koa. I've found him, he's safe and sound... The vet clinic gave me your number. They ask... no, they asked me to tell you that you should send packages to Koa in future and not to them... Yes, ma'am... I... Yes, ma'am. I'll put him on for you." He passes the phone to Koa. "She want's to talk to you. While you keep her occupied I'll track down Paul again. Make sure you stay in the car, OK?"

He walks back into the clinic. "Doctor Walton? What am I supposed to do until we work this out? I had another, unrelated question too."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Sure" he then focuses on the phone. "Hi aunty...mhm...yeah It seems laws are different here...yea...I know...I accidently shared my candy...he's fine I woke him up...." Koa's face turned red "Don't get to rash...I don't think I'm ready for that right now...yes thats right...I do love her...Anyways you said you were going to buy me the stuff again...Don't worry about sending it I'll go pick it up, and the seeds tell them to drop it off at the post office..." Koa began to laugh. "I can't believe you asked him that, I mean How would they ride them to work...you humans are too big for that...Well anyways its nice talking to you cya." He hung up and sat on the comfy cushions of the car seats.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Paul bobs his head and keeps his voice down, "I'm sorry, I don't know what to do. I don't want to see him in the pound, or with his current owner. I'm sure I'll think of someone who can take care of him, I'll call you this evening, probably come by to pick him up. I know you've go a lot of problems already, with those tunnels... wait a second, was he in there?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc hearing the lioness's question he slowed till he was next to her though still keeping his sight more or less in front.
"For a while now yes. And I used to live in the woods, with my pack"
"And... Is it better? Now that you live with...humans?". It was clear she trying hard to be nonchalant about the question.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

" I never saw him come into the with the others so I'm guessing he must have found another way in. Am I even legally allowed to take him? The tunnels will be no problem - I'm sure Flynn has learned his lesson. And there are laws about treasure hunters making profits, are there not? I must look that up... Anyway, the other thing I needed to ask you was if you sell hay or if you know of anyone that does. We need some for Flynn's hutch."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote: "And... Is it better? Now that you live with...humans?". It was clear she trying hard to be nonchalant about the question.
As they walked on the a sign for the clinic came into view, they were close now it was only a little ways up the road.
Doc let out a slight sigh thinking for a second before responding.
"Well it depends on what you make of it. If you spend you're entire time hating the humans then nothing gets better but for me I do think sometimes about leaving and trying to find my pack. But compared to the woods its somewhat easy living here, as a wolf I get a lot of stares and the humans aren't very appealing to me , collar no collar but I have food, water, a home and friends. Sometimes its hard here, it gets difficult and the humans can be cruel but as long as pets keep their cool and keep from attacking humans we can usually stay out of trouble." Doc realized he'd been looking down and also realized he'd been rambling on, he looked up then at the lioness with a small smile
"But yes it's good here, with the humans"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The mountain lion nodded, crossing her arms tightly across her chest as she listened. When Doc looked at her she avoided his gaze, looking at the ground. Her ears twitched and she cleared her throat.
"Yeah, I-I'm sure you like your mushy life with your humans, giving you everything you need.". She let out a small laugh, sounding hoarser than she would have liked. But instead of following up with an obnoxious smirk, she looked thoughtful.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"There's no law against letting a pet sleep over, and there's this town ordinance that lets animals go pretty much where they want so long as they're properly tagged and registered. It's one of the most pet-friendly towns in the state. And sure, we have feed hay and all kinds of litter and bedding, though if you want to buy hay for litter it's cheaper at the feed store."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kandi put her foot up on the split rail of the fence, leaning on it as she sips at her coffee..
Watching Moonbeam and Rocky graze across the field..
She looks way down twords the hi-way, two people seem to have turned off the main road and are now walking down the clinic's stone covered road.
Who would be bothering to walk all the way out here?
She thinks out loud, before turning back to watch the horses across the field..

(remember, a cougar an a wolf are both human sized. An they haven't got close enough to make out the ears and tails yet. not that she is paying that much attention to them at the moment.)
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5