HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote: Moonbeam flicks up his ears?? looking strangely around, his nostrils flaring out widely..
Strrrrange.. I suddenly hear bees!!.. but can't smell the honey anywhere..
Is it a swarm? we going to get stung!!
Zanna twitched her ear. "Not sure if bees hide in bushes..." The husky pointed out.
"Maybe wolves. Yeah, wolves hide in bushes. Like...an ambush..." She added matter a factually with a confident nod. A second later she stopped and looked at Doc with a "I'm not so sure anymore" look. "Right?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc investigated the prints for a few more seconds before Tesla toppled over die to the weight of his pack, Doc chuckled a little but the Cougar was already helping him up. Doc stood up and listened to the others question about the prints, whether they were from a female and other details. When Mr.Cougar did reveal everything about the prints about them being female, he thought that it might be helpful if they brought the two together, like playing cupid or something. Doc looked around in a futile attempt to spot signs of the other cougar but his attention was brought back as Tesla threw a small item in a bush then it started to buzz like a nest of angry bee's, which in turn scared Moonbeam, Doc just hoped that they wouldn't need to chase him down.
"Don't worry Moonbeam, we'll be fine. Though uhh yeah wolves indeed hide there, mabey a full pack"

Doc gave a slight smirk and looked at Zanna, playfully bearing his teeth.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Oh it won't be that bad!" Tesla teased simply
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke was going to have none of it. If they were so keen on chasing a horse through the woods instead of having a good time, let them. He took a few steps back behind the group.

"I guess one of us had better watch our backside then," he said.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Tesla threw a small item in a bush then it started to buzz like a nest of angry bee's, which in turn scared Moonbeam, Doc just hoped that they wouldn't need to chase him down.
"Don't worry Moonbeam, we'll be fine. Though uhh yeah wolves indeed hide there, mabey a full pack"

Doc gave a slight smirk and looked at Zanna, playfully bearing his teeth.

Moonbeam tosses back his mane, and snorts deeply..
They wont be hiding there for long! not going to ambush my ummmm... mares!
He whinnies, as the equine rears up on his hind legs, bringing his aluminum clad hammer hooves down, backed up by his 1000lb plus weight into, onto, and through the bushes.
Thundering his fore hooves into the ground, sending up sprays of dirt and flying debris as he stomps the buzzing into quiet submission.

He looks puzzled at the hole stomped into the ground, where the bushes once were.
panting heavily with his nostrils flaring out widely.
No wolfs were hiding... in ambush there... Bees stopped buzzing too...
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Esper wrote: Mercury giggled happily, "That doesn't sound too bad. It's a nice day after all!" He said, shading his eyes to catch a glimpse of the hill. Nearby a squirrel heckled the pair jokingly before running off, Distracting Mercury and causing him to trip and stumble into a dazed somersault.
"Yeah," she added on to his statement, her pleasant gaze piercing the mellow clouds past the transcending pines, shrouding the clear, blue skies like blankets sprawled upon a wide mattress. "It is."
It was a very peaceful, and serene display. To her, it was like a vacation postcard, the first of its kind, and one that was neglected at other inconvenient times. Perhaps since, prior to the recent trip, it wasn't the time for a leave of absence.

She was convinced that there's hardly ever the time to relax and take a breather, a lesson she adopted during her visit to Block Island, a temporary place she called home. Or, rather yet, her last home. While there, she was more or less forced to take the time off, much to her dismay, and enjoy the local mounds and sights. Some of the days, as she remembers them by, were warm. Others were muggy, on rarer occasions, but the morning sun would almost always clear away the remaining haze. Remarkably, once trekking through the obstacle course that was the road, the island was as gorgeous as her dad had promised, during their flight. Hill and vales, and saplings, none too high or broad to distort the view.
"Almost like a post-card," she repeated, her thoughts rebuked by reality as Mercury had fallen clumsily. She gave a small, benign smile -- politely taking into consideration his feelings, for their sake -- and lent out her paw to him.

"Careful there," She said to him.

But, as her thoughts swarmed back up around her surrounding landscape, she pondered if this home would be anything like the last. Will she finally be able to settle down, and bask in the beauty of what life has to offer? Or, similarly, will she be introduced to an unfortunate, stifling ordeal, with a bitter-sweet tang to it? Her first assignments won't begin for another three days, and she'd hoped to maintain a peace of mind until then.
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

Zanna twitched her ear. "Not sure if bees hide in bushes..." The husky pointed out.
"Maybe wolves. Yeah, wolves hide in bushes. Like...an ambush..." She added matter a factually with a confident nod. A second later she stopped and looked at Doc with a "I'm not so sure anymore" look. "Right?"
Witnessing the ordeal from his owner's mailbox, Apollo looks from the distance, a small cluster of neighborhood animals and pets surrounding a bush. Being new to the neighborhood, the Husky contemplated on whether he should go jump in, but decides against doubt. If there's a good time to meet people, it's when their crowded together.

He rushes over from the mailbox, and over to the bush to witness Moonneam step into the whirring bush. Apollo turns and pads silently over to Zanna, tapping her on the shoulder gently to get her attention, "Excuse me, erm... what's going on?"
Apollo - M - Alaskan Husky (Dog) - Str-6 Per-7 End-5 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-5
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"No wolves or bees, just one dissapointed Corgi. And he would've gotten away with it too, had it not been for that darn spooked up horse, heh," Luke said in Tesla's ear.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc watched as the Moonbeam demonstrated his strength by trampling and destroying the bush along with whatever was inside causing the buzzing noise. Doc let out a low whistle as he went over petting moonbeam to keep him calm.

"Don't worry I think you got them"

Then out of the corner of his eye he spotted another husky entering into the group, tapping Zanna on the shoulder but he didn't hear what he said due to the noise already about.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla puffed up and stuck out his tongue, "Aw Jee-wiz Mr. Cougar-Sir, I didn't mean to cause no trouble..." The little dog feigned disappointment in his best sarcastic country boy impression as he called back the little hovering toy
~~
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc watched as the Moonbeam demonstrated his strength by trampling and destroying the bush along with whatever was inside causing the buzzing noise. Doc let out a low whistle as he went over petting moonbeam to keep him calm.

"Don't worry I think you got them"

Moonbeam looks wild eyed at... a wolf!
Staring at him ferally for a tense moment, before he calms down and remembers he knows this wolf..
Looking back at the battered bush..
but what did i get?
xhunterko wrote:"No wolves or bees, just one dissapointed Corgi. And he would've gotten away with it too, had it not been for that darn spooked up horse, heh," Luke said in Tesla's ear.

Moonbeam comes up huffing and panting...
HuH what???

Looking around at the gathered pets..
is there more of us now??
Looking about the group in confusion..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc gave a slight smirk and looked at Zanna, playfully bearing his teeth.
"Grr..." Zanna growled back as she lightly poked Doc's side.
Keeshah wrote:He looks puzzled at the hole stomped into the ground, where the bushes once were.
panting heavily with his nostrils flaring out widely.
No wolfs were hiding... in ambush there... Bees stopped buzzing too...

"The bush disappeared too."
The husky remarked, looking at the ground up scattered remains of what used to represent some semblance of a shrubbery.
ApolloWake wrote:He rushes over from the mailbox, and over to the bush to witness Moonneam step into the whirring bush. Apollo turns and pads silently over to Zanna, tapping her on the shoulder gently to get her attention.
"Hmm?" Zanna turned around at the tapping of her shoulder and was faced with an Alaskan Husky.
"Hellooo." She quipped happily in a sing song voice.
ApolloWake wrote:"Excuse me, erm... what's going on?"
"Oh! We're just..." Zanna glanced at the bush before returning her attention to the husky. "Camping." She finished with a grin.

Ref Ref!
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

"Oh! We're just..." Zanna glanced at the bush before returning her attention to the husky. "Camping." She finished with a grin.
Apollo looked at her quizzically, taking a brief moment to glance at the bush, where Moonbeam was returning, before simultaneously looking back at Zanna, wagging his tail, "Oh boy, camping?"

He then fiddled with his paws, taking quick glances around the shrubby area, and the others in the small crowd, then back at Zanna with a smile, "I'm Apollo, what's your name?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

ApolloWake wrote:
Apollo looked at her quizzically, taking a brief moment to glance at the bush, where Moonbeam was returning, before simultaneously looking back at Zanna, wagging his tail, "Oh boy, camping?"
Zanna nodded. "Yep. Well... Kinda..." She scratched the back of her head in embarrassment, her tail drooped slightly. "We just haven't really done the camping part yet."
ApolloWake wrote:He then fiddled with his paws, taking quick glances around the shrubby area, and the others in the small crowd, then back at Zanna with a smile, "I'm Apollo, what's your name?"

"Zanna Volt, amateur imaginator and inventor."
She stuck out an open hand as she introduced herself. "Nice ta meetcha."

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Rhyzer wrote:
Esper wrote: Mercury giggled happily, "That doesn't sound too bad. It's a nice day after all!" He said, shading his eyes to catch a glimpse of the hill. Nearby a squirrel heckled the pair jokingly before running off, Distracting Mercury and causing him to trip and stumble into a dazed somersault.
"Yeah," she added on to his statement, her pleasant gaze piercing the mellow clouds past the transcending pines, shrouding the clear, blue skies like blankets sprawled upon a wide mattress. "It is."
It was a very peaceful, and serene display. To her, it was like a vacation postcard, the first of its kind, and one that was neglected at other inconvenient times. Perhaps since, prior to the recent trip, it wasn't the time for a leave of absence.

She was convinced that there's hardly ever the time to relax and take a breather, a lesson she adopted during her visit to Block Island, a temporary place she called home. Or, rather yet, her last home. While there, she was more or less forced to take the time off, much to her dismay, and enjoy the local mounds and sights. Some of the days, as she remembers them by, were warm. Others were muggy, on rarer occasions, but the morning sun would almost always clear away the remaining haze. Remarkably, once trekking through the obstacle course that was the road, the island was as gorgeous as her dad had promised, during their flight. Hill and vales, and saplings, none too high or broad to distort the view.
"Almost like a post-card," she repeated, her thoughts rebuked by reality as Mercury had fallen clumsily. She gave a small, benign smile -- politely taking into consideration his feelings, for their sake -- and lent out her paw to him.

"Careful there," She said to him.

But, as her thoughts swarmed back up around her surrounding landscape, she pondered if this home would be anything like the last. Will she finally be able to settle down, and bask in the beauty of what life has to offer? Or, similarly, will she be introduced to an unfortunate, stifling ordeal, with a bitter-sweet tang to it? Her first assignments won't begin for another three days, and she'd hoped to maintain a peace of mind until then.
Mercury smiled sunnily, accepting the offered paw and hoisted himself up, "Like a postcard indeed.." He chuckled. As the cat padded along the path, he began to ponder his situation as the spot the pair were trekking to drew closer. "I wonder what will happen..." He mumbled almost drowsily, "There is much to come, I think..." He mumbled further.

Mercury continued on in his tranced state, sketching out a future drawing, planning each line meticulously. Careful not to trip again, the cat's thoughts wandered to his own life: at first he was barely more than a model to an artist and left to freeze, then by sheer luck, he was adopted by his new owner. He was a sincerely kind man and Mercury strove to be the same, but he felt lonely too. Often he would sit home alone when his master left on some trip to meet with some anonymous group of others in his field to discuss whatever architects discussed. Mercury lived a fine life, even having his own room and possessions, he was treated almost like a human by his master. Yet still he was lonely, drawing everyday, silently wishing that one of his figures could be more than lines in charcoal or ink. He wished for them to be his friends, a luxury that he had only begun to discover. Mercury languidly looked to Travis, reviewing the very short time that he knew her. In the very beginning, The cat could hardly say that he knew the dog, flling for the ruse that he was really a girl. Something changed in him though after his fall and crack to the head. At first Mercury thought the scent that he caught when the dig revived him was just a result of the head injury, but he could not accept that at face value and his nervous question had proved his suspicions. In the same floundering question, Merury brought the first vestiges of romance into his life, "I wonder what will happen indeed." He spoke under his breath

With a twitching whisker, the cat snapped back into reality, noticing Travis's own silence and sensing a tribled air around her, "Hey, is everything alright?" He said, placing his paw in the dog's shoulder
~~~
Tesla's ears swiveled back when he noticed the unfamiliar voice. Fiddling with the controlled on his remote and sent the little buzzing craft to Apollo's ear, "Hey there new guy!" A speaker on the device crackled, carrying Tesla's voice, "I am Tesla Potter!" It crackled again as the corgi hid in front of Luke, making the device whizz around Apollo's head, relaying an image if the new pet
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:
Marine Fox wrote:Doc gave a slight smirk and looked at Zanna, playfully bearing his teeth.
"Grr..." Zanna growled back as she lightly poked Doc's side.
Doc smiled a chuckled when Zanna poked him.
Esper wrote: Tesla's ears swiveled back when he noticed the unfamiliar voice. Fiddling with the controlled on his remote and sent the little buzzing craft to Apollo's ear, "Hey there new guy!" A speaker on the device crackled, carrying Tesla's voice, "I am Tesla Potter!" It crackled again as the corgi hid in front of Luke, making the device whizz around Apollo's head, relaying an image if the new pet
Doc was by Moonbeam, making sure he didn't go too crazy and watching as the others introduced themselves to this new pet, who if Doc had heard right was named "Apollo". Doc decided to lay low and he'd introduce himself in a moment, though along with his waiting he watched in curiosity wandering what Tesla's little flying machine would do.
Last edited by Marine Fox on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote: Doc was by Moonbeam, making sure he didn't go too crazy and watching as the others introduced themselves to this new pet, who if Doc had heard right was named "Apollo".

Moonbeam put his head over the wolfs shoulder, going "huff huff huff" his broad nose wiggling and flaring as he pants..
watching the current goings on from the safety??? of being behind the large carnivorous wolf.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Not wanting to make another introduction mistake. Luke quietly stood behind the horse and the wolf giving the new pet time to get comfortable.
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

"Zanna Volt, amateur imaginator and inventor." She stuck out an open hand as she introduced herself. "Nice ta meetcha."
"Nice to meet you too!," he replied, shaking the offered hand with his own, tail wagging happily behind him. He is then distracted with the small buzzing in his ear, followed by a, "Hey there new guy! I'm Tesla Potter!"

Apollo shook his head, turning to face the little craft, tilting his head before replying to it as it whirred around his head, "Hello Tesla Potter! I'm Apollo!" He turned his head back to Zanna, now fiddling with his paws, "Is there someone inside that thing?" He tried to point at the craft zooming fast around his head.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

ApolloWake wrote: Apollo shook his head, turning to face the little craft, tilting his head before replying to it as it whirred around his head, "Hello Tesla Potter! I'm Apollo!" He turned his head back to Zanna, now fiddling with his paws, "Is there someone inside that thing?" He tried to point at the craft zooming fast around his head.

Moonbean flicks up his ears, as the buzzing returns..
What? THAT has someone in it? a-ALIENS? i-Is it an invasion!!
Looking around for more of the little flying things..
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke patted the horse on the back.

"I'm fairly certain that that's the only one," Luke said, "So you needn't worry."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Naw, nobody in there. Just me!" Tesla piped, revealing himself and calling the little toy back to himself, "So what's your deal, Apollo?"
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

Apollo turned his head towards Tesla as he revealed himself. His ears swiveled around, searching idly for the buzzing sound as his attention focuses between Tesla's question, and Moonbeam's sudden suspicions of alien invasions from the device.

"My deal?," he asked, gesturing to himself, before smiling sheepishly, and fiddling with his paws again, "Nothin'! Just thought I'd come say 'Hi', is all."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc listened and watched things unfold till Moonbeam freaked over the small flying machine no doubt Tesla had made, Doc just pet Moonbeams snout trying to keep him at ease as the cougar was doing the same.
ApolloWake wrote:Apollo turned his head towards Tesla as he revealed himself. His ears swiveled around, searching idly for the buzzing sound as his attention focuses between Tesla's question, and Moonbeam's sudden suspicions of alien invasions from the device.

"My deal?," he asked, gesturing to himself, before smiling sheepishly, and fiddling with his paws again, "Nothin'! Just thought I'd come say 'Hi', is all."
Doc spoke up.
"Are you new to town?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc listened and watched things unfold till Moonbeam freaked over the small flying machine no doubt Tesla had made, Doc just pet Moonbeams snout trying to keep him at ease as the cougar was doing the same.

Moonbean whickers softly, leaning on the wolf and cougar and they pet and comfort the equine..
He could almost mistake them for human handlers, if'n they didn't smell so... predatory.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna waved again. "Hi Apollo who's just saying hi! Again!".
Marine Fox wrote:Doc listened and watched things unfold till Moonbeam freaked over the small flying machine no doubt Tesla had made, Doc just pet Moonbeams snout trying to keep him at ease as the cougar was doing the same.
ApolloWake wrote:Apollo turned his head towards Tesla as he revealed himself. His ears swiveled around, searching idly for the buzzing sound as his attention focuses between Tesla's question, and Moonbeam's sudden suspicions of alien invasions from the device.

Doc spoke up.
"Are you new to town?"
The husky wagged her tail."Oooh. Are from the city, or the country, or a county, or the... Somewhere else that starts with the s or k sound?"

Ref Ref!
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

Roarin wrote:Zanna waved again. "Hi Apollo who's just saying hi! Again!".

Doc spoke up.
"Are you new to town?"
The husky wagged her tail."Oooh. Are from the city, or the country, or a county, or the... Somewhere else that starts with the s or k sound?"

"I'm from the Country," he recalled, tail wagging, "My new owner; err, 'Dad'," he corrected himself, "Moved us waaay across from the Country, to the Richmond...a-a...", he put a paw to his chin for a moment before shrugging, "The 'A' something, but I'm here!"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

ApolloWake wrote:
"I'm from the Country," he recalled, tail wagging, "My new owner; err, 'Dad'," he corrected himself, "Moved us waaay across from the Country, to the Richmond...a-a...", he put a paw to his chin for a moment before shrugging, "The 'A' something, but I'm here!"

Acreschimes in the equine..
Must be named after all the farms around here..

Tilting his head and flicking his ears..
What is it with you domestics having to call your owners, mom and dad like you were a human foal?
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

Keeshah wrote: Acreschimes in the equine..
Must be named after all the farms around here..

What is it with you domestics having to call your owners, mom and dad like you were a human foal?
He nodded excitedly as 'acres' was mentioned, and then shrugged, "I think it's just a term of endearment."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke calmly and slowly walked up to the new pet.

"Hello there," he said, offering a paw to shake, "Name's Luke Argo. I'm new here as well."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla giggled cheekily, approaching Apollo, "You're a neat guy! Glad to meet you!" He said, holding up his paw to shake
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

ApolloWake wrote:
He nodded excitedly as 'acres' was mentioned, and then shrugged, "I think it's just a term of endearment."[/quote]

But that's just silly.. We all are just some form of livestock to them, it not like they are every going to see us as equals to them.. we are just there servants..
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc listened and watched the others greet Apollo, then as Apollo and Moonbeam went back and forth with calling owners father and mother, Doc spoke up with his own input.

"Well it may depend on the owner and pet. Some owners care for their pet enough where there is a paternal bond, while others would rather treat their pet like garbage. But sometimes the pet doesn't want any connection, I guess it just depends."
ApolloWake

Post by ApolloWake »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc listened and watched the others greet Apollo, then as Apollo and Moonbeam went back and forth with calling owners father and mother, Doc spoke up with his own input.

"Well it may depend on the owner and pet. Some owners care for their pet enough where there is a paternal bond, while others would rather treat their pet like garbage. But sometimes the pet doesn't want any connection, I guess it just depends."
"I'm still having a hard time figuring out if I do or not!" he replied with a shrug, in between being bombarded with pawshakes from Tesla and Luke, and greeting them happily.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke thought for a moment.

"Having lost my parents, I don't know if I'd be able to claim a human as one," he said, "Maybe over time, but, it'd be difficult to do."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna turned her attention to Luke.
"I thought you were gonna get a farm? With chickens, and cows, and sheep, and horses, and roosters that say 'doodle doo!' "

Ref Ref!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Hey now, that's still the idea," Luke said, "I'm just saying, just in case things go wrong, you know. Gotta plan for stuff like that. Speaking of, what are yours for the day, Apollo?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla didn't like all this sad talk, so he whistled a happy tune and sticking to Apollo's side. Tesla liked this new guy
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

The big equine shakes out his pelt n' mane.
Shouldn't we be gitty up on to the clamping site before it gets dark..?
Got to set up camp.. pitch tents, gather woods, dig fire pit, lit fire, and start coffee brewing.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Luke gave the horse a look.

"Your kind of coffee takes all night to be ready in the morning?" He asked, blinking surprised.