HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Shirosune

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Shirosune »

Fenrir felt his body relax as the 'vehicle' moved away, more than happy to be out of the sights of the thing. Turning to look at Travis as he heard the husky call to him, he gave a slightly nervous grin and nodded lightly, looking only slightly flustered by the whole thing. "Remind me to find and hide that guy's tools the next time I feel like playing a prank, okay?" The fox joked in an attempt to calm himself down completely.

Giving a small chuckle at the thought of the corgi running around hunting his tools, most of which would be hidden in high up places, Fenrir shook off the last traces of tension from the encounter before trying to return to the subject that had been at hand before. "Anyway...you saying something about...something, before we were interrupted?" The vulpine questioned in a somewhat confusing manor, not really sure what Travis had been about to say, but still wanting to know.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna gave a small wave as Doc introduced himself and her. "Can't say no to that!" She replied after an invitation was given, starting to clamber up the metal tower with the aid of the ladder, forgetting about her injury with the aid of Doc's meds. Hoisting herself to the platform atop the metal tower her eyes gazed at all the levers and buttons on the automobile. "Wow!" She said again in amazement. "One day you gotta show me the mechanics of this here... thing i dont know what its called." She wagged her tail cheerfully as she stared at all the buttons. All her instincts telling her to push a few.....or all of them.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc watched as fearless Zanna climbed aboard easily, Doc on the other hand was a little skeptical but figured he'd try to keep up with Zanna so he climbed aboard as well fitting in at the top and thinking whether anybody was going to need bandaging by the end of this.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla was giddy having found someone with at least an equal interest in machinery, and a girl no less! "Well, nice to meet you two!" he enthused and the machine rose up and began to walk down the street, towards the puppy, "And of course I will, Zanna! I'm glad yah like it!" Tesla said joyously and without thinking, he fired another glob of foam near Thomas

The walker arrived at Thomas and knelt down, "Hey kid, did I get'cha?"
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Travis nodded once with a slight tug of her cap, a glum smile partly visible at the core of those around the timid husky. "You're not the only one thinking the same thing," she snickered faintly, an expression, altogether, that was seldom apparent, and a side of her not often shown.

"Eh? Come again -- oh! Right, sorry," she veered off, pausing for a moment to fully recap on what she'd wanted to mention to him, a thought once intercepted by the mechanic and his acquaintance.

"Well, I was invited to a dinner party at one of the neighbor's. Aside from my folks, I'm not entirely sure how many people are going to tag along by noon," she mentions.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Tom turned the corner and Froze as as some kind of machine seemed to pop up out of nowhere making the puppy go wide eyed in fear. He was without a doubt scared of the thing which wasn't good since his legs didn't seem to want to work suddenly, rooting him in place as it fired at him.

The labrador yelped as the glob of stuff landed just behind him and to the side a little, after a few seconds had passed the pup began to look quite upset with being shot at and started to run back home all teary eyed, yelling about how "That was mean!" and threatening to tell on Tesle... All though he didn't really know who he could tell.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Rhyzer wrote:Travis nodded once with a slight tug of her cap, a glum smile partly visible at the core of those around the timid husky. "You're not the only one thinking the same thing," she snickered faintly, an expression, altogether, that was seldom apparent, and a side of her not often shown.

"Eh? Come again -- oh! Right, sorry," she veered off, pausing for a moment to fully recap on what she'd wanted to mention to him, a thought once intercepted by the mechanic and his acquaintance.

"Well, I was invited to a dinner party at one of the neighbor's. Aside from my folks, I'm not entirely sure how many people are going to tag along by noon," she mentions.
"A dinner party?" Fenrir questioned after a moment, he wasn't really the type to go for that sort of social gathering most of the time. With things as they were right now, he really didn't have anything better to do, and he was just bored enough to give it a chance. "Well...I could tag along if your out for company...though it's not my typical kind of thing." The fox 'offered', though in actuality it was his way of asking if he could come.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Errr... not to be a buzz kill or anything but..." Zanna looked slightly grim. She was leaning against the one of the walls (OCC: assuming it have walls, sry if they don't :D ) of the machine with her arms crossed, wearing a small frown. "I think you scared that kid." Nodding with her head in the direction of the lab that was now running away from them, back down the sidewalk. She quickly walked back over to the ladder. "Maybe we should go see how the kid is doing. On foot." The husky started going down the ladder again, almost slipping on a rung and hoping the others would follow her down. Without stopping she called back. "Hey Doc, think you have anything that could help calm him down, like anti anxiesomething pills?"

Ref Ref!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Tom was soon panting as he fled down the street and around the corner he'd come from, heading for his house in a frantic sprint. Quite frightened of the strange machine and the stuff it shot, and worse yet what it would do if it hit him! Upon getting close to his house the puppy started to hammer his paws on the door, yelling for his owner to let him in as sadly he was too short to reach the doorknob.

After a few moments of nothing happening the pup realised Emily must have been buying food at the moment, leaving him with not safe haven to run to. The lab clutched his head and moaned in frustration, desperately wanting in before the other pets showed up to shoot things at him again.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

"S-sure thing. I don't mind the company," she replied, giving it no further mind. She'd simply smiled exuberantly.

Likewise, Travis wasn't particularly the type of person to socialize that often with others, rendering her conversations null and void the moment they had picked up any sort of pace. Typically, she'd seemingly keep her head down, the stare of others delimited by her infamous cap, but, just this once, she had allowed the light to reflect from her icy-blue eyes.

"It's not far from here. It should only be a couple of blocks away, according to the address on the invite," she muttered, beginning to making her way towards the curb of the block, mellowly trudging against the slab of the street corner without any haste. She turned back to look at Fenrir, a nervous smile adjacent to her distant stare, contemplating on how to strike up a decent conversation from the very start.

"...So, um... Where'd you say you were from?"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc thought the same thing, and as Zanna climbed down Doc soon followed wanting to one make sure Zanna didn't disrupt the bandaging as it was still fresh and he wanted to make sure the pup was ok. Doc was put off a little at the thought of what Zanna was meaning, like anti-anxiety medication if that was a completely legal thing he'd be stuffing those down everyday as he climbed down leaving the two operators he responded.

"Uhh well no I dont think I have a legal substance to preform that, though I think I have some water and mabey some sweets from when I practiced dental procedures though they might be a bit old.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

"We moved here from Siberia actually." Fenrir answered as he followed Travis, wondering if saying it like that was maybe a little out of the blue. "It's where we were born...Mom was working there for a while, and when it came time to leave she decided to adopt Valkyrie and I. Since then we've 'lived' a couple of places, but never for more than a few of weeks." The fox explained further, feeling a little more information was probably needed. "This is first the place she's actually bought though, so I'm pretty sure we're staying here...what about you? Where are you from?" He finished up, feeling it was only fair to return the question.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"You're right, Zanna." Tesla sighed as he shut down the machine and hopped down, dragging Winch with him. 'Oh man, I must've scared him really bad.' the corgi thought as he proceeded down the street, 'I hope he's not too upset. Also Zanna.' he sighed again in thought when Thomas came into sight.

Tesla padded up to the puppy and knelt in front of him, "Are you okay? I really am sorry for frightening yah." the corgi held out his paw, "My name is Tesla, I moved in yesterday. Who are you?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

As Zanna got closer to the kid (she was still a few houses down from him) she started to slow down to a walking pace. She crossed her arms tightly on her stomach as she walked, looking straight ahead. Her face didn't look glum anymore, but it wasn't happy either. Zanna's reasoning for slowing down was to give some time, time for Tesla to calm the kid down alittle more, or time for Doc to catch up to her. She shrugged. "Either way it works it." She thought to herself. "Don't wanna seem like we're ganging up on the young kid." She was quiet for a moment, then she turned around to face Doc. "Wait wait wait..." She said in a half excited voice. "Did i just hear you say you had candy" Stressing the last word of her sentence.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc was following behind Zanna, keeping up but when she slowed down he came up a little behind her to the right and when she stopped and turned he almost bumped into her, himself not being aware at the moment.

"Uh Yeah I should still have some left, though like I said it is kinda old. What do you want some?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yes please!" Zanna said quickly. For a second, she seemed like a little kid. Her eyes, almost looked like they were pleading, gleaming with enthusiasm. The husky's tail wagged at a 100 mph(figuratively). "I looove candy!" Her short attention span making her forgot about the lab pup for those few minutes.

Ref Ref!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Tom watched the approaching Corgi with a scowl and fright in his deep brown eyes, not at all wanting to deal with the other pets, in fact he wanted to be inside and out of the way but it looked like he had no choice. Once he was asked a question the lab backed away as he took a more submissive stance, ears splaying while he half shouted "Sorry? You lot shot stuff at me. You wanted to hurt me!", continuing to watch with a glare and balled up fists. It seemed like the upset pup wasn't going to calm down quickly unless he had a safe spot to run to.

(Sorry it's short but you guys didn't really give me much to work with though.)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Look, we didn't want to hurt yah." Tesla sat down fully, really hoping not to scare the pup further. His tail began to wag a bit, trying to send a friendly message, "I just bumped the lever and the cannon fired, I'm really sorry."

The corgi reached into his bag and pulled out a little round device, "Here, look." Tesla smiled as he pushed a button in the machine. it sprouted a propeller and it began to fly!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc just luaghed a little at Zanna's response, having seen it before it was really amusing, but he just nodded and opened his bag and after a few seconds or searching ouround he found the sweet pouch and pulled out several different assortments of sweets, he just looked at them then at Zanna as he extended the full paw to her, letting her take as much as she wanted.

"Eh guess i'd have to part with it sooner or later, though be careful those things are really, really old"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna carefully looked at each candy in Doc's paw. Looking quite serious, examining the candies closely. After a minute she chose what looked like a jawbreaker. Returning to her happy mood. She did a small hop of joy. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou Doc!" The dog wrapped her arms around Doc's neck in a quick hug with her tail wagging, letting go a second later to look at the candy she chose. "Yay! I haven't had candy in the longest time. Mom hasn't given me any ever since that one time with animal control." She smiled, still looking at her candy (in awe). "Y'know, the funny thing was, it was my dad who had to call them. I almost destro-" Zanna stopped midsentence, remembering there was still that kid from before. "Hey, i almost forgot about, we needa go talk to that dog." She said, resuming her walk towards Tesla and the lab.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc just smiled at her reaction to the candy but was more shocked when he recieved a quick hug, which of course made him blush just slightly. In the second that followed she released her grip and went back to awe'ing at the candy though after her explanation he was a little curious and when she started to resume her walk to the frightened lab he came up beside her while putting the rest of the candy back into his bag

"Wha? Animal control? What did you almost destroy?"
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Throughout the course of their trail Travis had kept her eyes running to her side, attentively staring at Fenrir as he spoke throughout the mellow walk. While often sending a watchful glance out to the path set in front of her, and past the horizons of the street, she was adequately focused on Fenrir for the most part.
"You were born in Siberia?" she restates, the straightforwardness of her tone misinterpreting her interest.

In her perspective, it had given her more than enough time to reflect on her own circumstances. Prompting to herself on the matters relevant, as if asking, "Where else would I live, other than here?"
In her contemplation, it was a difficult matter to answer herself, rather because she did not prefer any other neighborhood. But still, she couldn't help but brood over the plausible reality that she might not be living in the land for too long, more likely due her owner's field of business. In spite of how little information she's aware of, and despite how much she's prepared herself for relocation, the outcome would ultimately favor her in the end, though it would still shatter her for her desires to aid Mr. Hoffman as she had in the past.

After directing her initial glimpse out to her surroundings, she'd return to glance at Fenrir, replying, "Well, I'm from Texas. El Paso, to be exact. Heh."
Beckoning for the incoming vehicle to pass, she'd shift her attention to the side opposite of where Fenrir stood, bashful at how abrupt she thought she was.

"I... can't say whether it felt like home, though. Just like you and your family, I've been relocating out to various terrains for countless times, usually to cooperate with my owner, at often times as proxy," she added, profoundly brooding over her statements. "But on the bright side, I'll probably be staying here. Maybe for good, who knows?" she mentions with a glum smile, not wanting to drift out of proportion and kill the mood.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

"Yeah...there's a place in Siberia, a farm really...it's the only place in the world where truly domestic foxes are born currently." Fenrir answered the question the husky had asked in response first, before moving on to the rest of what had been said. He couldn't help a slight grimace at the thought of where Travis had initially come from, though that was more to do with his feelings for the climate of the area then anything else. "Sorry, don't take this the wrong way but...how the fur did you survive living in a place like Texas?" The fox questioned flatly, ears folding back a bit from his distaste for the notion. "We had to stay in northern California for a little bit when we first came here, and I honestly thought I was going to roast there...but Texas!? Honestly...Siberian creatures are not meant for such high temperature climates."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury had finally wriggled free of the glue trap and was now fuming as he walked down the street... Until he saw Travis just across the street. He looked away, trying and failing to suppress an obvious blush. There was something about Travis that disturbed him. He knew he liked dogs, but back at the CPR incident, he could smell something... Feminin? 'No way, Travis isn't a girl, but...' the cat thought, trying not to look at the dog, but could not help but sneak bewildered peaks at 'him'

Suddenly, Mercury realized that he was well within Travis' line of sight, but he had nowhere to hide. He hung his head in defeat, waiting to be called. Tesla had been taunting him about this and probably told Travis that he had been talking about 'him'
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

'What? Oh." Zanna gave a small shrug. She kept her face forward, looking at the sidewalk in front of her, glancing at Doc from time to time. She slowed down her walking pace again, so she'd have more time to talk before they got to Tesla. "Umm... It'd probably be better to ask my mom or dad. They'd remember more."

She scratched her head. A look of embarrassment crossed her face and she flashed Doc a weak smile. "I was at a theme park in our hometown. I was near one of those wooden roller coasters, think it was out of order or somethin... Anyways, my dad decided since we were at at a theme park i could get some sweets. There was a candy store at the foot of the coaster." She laughed. "Out of all of them i chose the giant size pixy stick. Ate the whole thing in a minute." The husky clapped her hands together and looked at the ground. "And that was that. Next thing i knew i was on my home couch. Staring at the ceiling. Dad was fuming, but he looked more concerned than mad. Mom didn't tell me much but she said i was 'a bolt and a screw away from bringing the whole coaster down'. Not sure where animal control came in but Mom said Dad called em." Zanna let out a soft chuckle. "Heh. I'm pretty sure i was banned from going there ever again."

A silent moment passed, Zanna slowed down to a stop. "You-you don't think I'm weird or anything, right?" "Or crazy." The dog added in her mind a second later. She looked at the wolf nervously. Zanna usually didn't care what people thought of her, but she felt compelled to ask the red wolf.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc just listened to her story intuatively and when she was done Doc spoke in a calm tone.

"Of course not, I dont think you're weird or anything like that, heck i've done my share as well like the time.."

He paused for a second to think about the biggest foul up he ever did, then when it hit him his face perked up in a large grin.

"Oh I remember the time when I had accidentally mixed some of the meds I used with well other's and for about 2 weeks I didn't notice till everyone in my pack was haluccinating, had slight muscle paralyses or was in a rash, oh they were so mad I had carcus duty for two months"

He just shivers a bit from remembering all the punishment from it.

"But don't worry i'll never make that mistake again but it was kinda fun to watch. But anyhow no, I dont think you're weird and I never will"

Doc tried to put on a warm smile, still remembering the punshment
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Regarding Fenrir's expressive remark, Travis couldn't help but conceal a small chuckle, but agreeing nonetheless of the circumstances aforementioned. "There's no doubt in my mind that my hometown is of one of the hottest and discomforting areas in Texas," she said with a slight tilt of her head, and a bewildered smirk, "Sure, the atmosphere was unwelcoming and often incomparable, but I can't say I didn't get used to living in 'Paso. It's better than enduring the humidity in other regions, that's for sure."

"I'm just thankful that my folks let me lay in the shade. C'est la vie!"

As she rubbed the back of her neck with the discomfort resuscitated in the back of her mind, dismayed upon remembering the experience of helplessly lying beneath a tree engulfed in humidity, such as the phenomenon experienced in the Sunshine State, her thoughts were fairly interrupted as she eventually caught a hold of Mercury's obstructed figure within her view.

Ah, Mercury, she thought to herself, ascertained. Perturbed as she distinguished him to be upon sight, she thought of it decent to politely wave before eventually crossing paths, whereby she had a better opportunity to greet him.

"Hey, bud," she said.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Fenrir's ear flicked as one of his eyes twitched at the thought of heat and humidity. "Ugh...don't remind me of that combination..." The fox muttered disdainfully as they continued on their way. "One week spent in Tennessee mid summer...visiting a friend of Mom's...I honestly thought my coat would never recover." He groused, thinking to change the subject now before he started to sound like all he did was complain Fenrir opened his mouth to speak, only to be cut off by Travis' call toward another.

Glancing over in the direction the husky had called, the fox spotted the cat, Mercury if he remembered correctly, and did his best to put up a friendly face. Here was hoping the cat was as easy to get along with as Travis. Choosing to keep quiet for now, Fenrir gave Mercury a wave and a nod and simply waited to see how things would go from there.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury nervously waved back, "Well I'm in the frying pan now..." he thought as he forced himself to walk across the street, "H-Hi..." he twiddled his fingers, still disturbed by the dog, "How are you two? Well I hope..." unsure of what to do now, he began to think back to the CPR, What did he smell!? He sighed as a worried look crept along his face without his realizing
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna nodded, shifting her weight the side to side. She didn't say anything for awhile. Her face was neutral, staring at the ground. The dog kicked a stray rock. It skipped across the pavement onto the black tar road. Then a small smile crept across her face. She elbowed Doc lightly in the ribs. "Thanks for being a nice guy. And sorry for being such a joykill." She relaxed, putting her hands behind her neck. "Carcass duty? Heh. Sounds... not fun. And smelly."

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc smiled back shifting his sight from the surroundings back to Zanna

"Oh don't worry about it heh, though yeah carcus duty is well really bad, anything left over from a pack kill needs to be cleaned and disposed of and it was smelly like 3 month old milk actually the worst part was when I was about to cover the leftovers I tripped and fell right in, I swear I smelled horrible for a month straight, they just dont have water hot enough."

More shivers go up his spine but tries to laugh about his misfortune.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna laughed along with him, her tail wagged with a single swish. "Yeah... That kinda sucks. And I don't think you can find hot water in the wild. Unless y'know, you find a hot spring or somethin." She shrugged. "But hey, you don't have to live that life anymore." She smirked. "No more carcass duty for you. And ya don't see owners making their pets take out the 'trash' (or anything for that matter) either." Zanna held her left hand to her heart and gave a dramatic sigh of relief. "Thank goodness." Then she facepalmed with her right hand. "Argh... The feral life seems less and less appealing now. No offense" She smiled behind her hand. "I guess that's Hollywood for you. They can make anything look good" The husky crossed her arms, looking out into the distance. "But that doesn't mean I don't want to see what it's like."

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke laughed along with her, putting his paw behind his back as well

"Yeah they do make a good wild movie, but along with all of these drawbacks there are up sides to it, so someday i'll have to show you what its like"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Really?! That'd be awesome! Thanks!" She bumped Doc with her shoulder and laughed. "It'll be fun to see what it's like, even if its not what I imagined it to be." The dog stretched, yawning softly as she did so. "Probably a lot harder than I'd think it is." Out of the corner of her eye she spotted some sort of flying device. It hovered around in the air above Tesla and the little lab. "Looks like Tesla's trying to cheer him up. Geez, that dog can make some interesting contraptions."

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

"No problem, and dont worry mabey that stuff is out but there is alot of cool stuff to do out there!"
Roarin wrote: "Probably a lot harder than I'd think it is."
"Well sometimes, it can be hard if you're not used to it but i'm sure you'll adapt just fine"

Doc just bumped her lightly with his shoulder as well, then when she saw the flying machne he turned to see it as well though he was a little worried with thi other pet, he made alot of cool stuff but also dangerous, he just didn't want anybody to get really hurt but either way he'd fix them up good as new.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

"You hope...?" she repeated, her words remarking after Mercury's prior to his staggering composure and nervous expressions.

In her own eyes, she viewed him not for what was the genuine reason of as to why he immediately fidgeted with his behavior, but for a social dilemma, one that she speculated to be the case, such as when she once re-acquainted herself with a former friend the following day of having to meet him at the time. The thought of Mercury suspecting her of that subject hadn't crossed her mind yet.

"Hey," she said, prompted for his sake, "Are you feeling well? Is your head all better, you know, from before?"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

A jolt shot up the cat's spine, snapping him out of his thought, "Oh! Y-yeah, I'm fine now. That dog's mom really helped." Mercury rubbed the back of his head nervously, "I don't mean to butt in, but, may I join you two? I'm kinda lonely and I can't find any of the other pets from yesterday..." he pensively fidgeted with a pencil between his fingers, "Oh man, this is awkward. I hope I'm not getting into anything that I can't handle. I'm already nervous as it is..." he thought to himself, trying his hardest not to let his nervousness show
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Cool stuff sounds...cool!" Zanna smiled. "I can't wait. It'll be a new experience and hopefully fun too." She seemed to have a beat in her step as she thought of all the adventures that could happen in the wild. Her whole being seemed to emanate excitement and happiness. "I'm not sure about the adapting part though." The dog looked at Doc with a smirk on her face. "No matter what I'm still a city dog at heart. I'm used to the houses around me, the pavement under my feet. But that doesn't mean I don't like change now and then." Zanna skipped a few yards ahead of Doc before spinning a 180, facing back towards him. She was now hopping on one foot (just for the heck of it), balancing herself with her arms that were stretched out, wobbling as she tried to find her center of gravity. "How about tomorrow?"

Ref Ref!
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Esper wrote:A jolt shot up the cat's spine, snapping him out of his thought, "Oh! Y-yeah, I'm fine now. That dog's mom really helped." Mercury rubbed the back of his head nervously, "I don't mean to butt in, but, may I join you two? I'm kinda lonely and I can't find any of the other pets from yesterday..." he pensively fidgeted with a pencil between his fingers, "Oh man, this is awkward. I hope I'm not getting into anything that I can't handle. I'm already nervous as it is..." he thought to himself, trying his hardest not to let his nervousness show
"Well, doesn't bother me." Fenrir answered with a shrug as he looked from the Mercury to Travis. "But In the end it's really more Travis' call than mine, so..." He tailed off, allowing for the husky to answer one way or the other. Though was pretty sure he already knew what the answer would be, it didn't seem right to preempt his companion, even if it might have been faster to do so.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc just watched her reaction with a slight smirk of his own.

"Heh yeah, though tomorrow sounds good, we can head out in the moring if you want to, kinda like a camping trip or something like that"