HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Marine Fox

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc put the medical kit into his bag then slung it over his back, listening to Zanna as well.
"Heh well if that someone gets hurt, i'd be happy to lend a paw"
Roarin wrote:"Hey... Where's Tesla?"
Doc looked for a second before seeing that Tesla was gone, then in an instant he saw the corgi come from the candy isle with candy on his head, he just gave a slight chuckle

"No problem"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Cherry Vines!" Zanna exclaims happily, looking at the bag sitting on the corgi's head. She stared at it for a second, her head tilted and her hands on her hips in quiet thought before returning to her bubbly mood. She sweeps the large box of bandages of the floor and looks at the others with her usual smirk. "Hardware store, check, medic store, yup, so all that's left for now is to try and find a place to eat. You guys wanna pick a place?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Sure!" Tesle chimed, "I saw a cool looking place across the plaza. I had a big sign advertising "THE BEST SANDWICH IN RICHMOND ACRES!" ' he waggled his arms in emphasis, "What about you guys?"
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Ack! Now I'm doing bad things!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc glanced over to the others then back to Tesla in which he gave a small grin and and nod

"Sounds good to me!"

Doc out of habit checked his bag once again just to make sure everything was in its place and that his new tool was alright, then he just put his paws behind his back, folding them over eachother and Doc also swayed slightly from side to side.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna nodded in agreement. "Cool, let's g-". The husky was interrupted when the sound of jazz music suddenly started playing. "Aww..." She grumbled as she took an orange smartphone out of her collar and pressed the answer button. "Hello? Yes Mom, I'm fine.". There was a pause and Zanna turned to face her friends. "Umm... Just y'know. Hanging out with some friends I met. Are they- does it really matter Mom?". She said the last part dryly. "What?! Now... But- Ok... Love you too...". The dog glumly put the phone away. Her ears flattened in disappointment, but she kept her cheery voice. "Hey, guys, hate to leave right now but I gotta get goin. Mom wants me home for dinner.".

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla shrugged and stuck out his tongue, "Aww man... But oh well." the Corgi kept his cheer, "But I bet I'll see you tomorrow from the top of some other crazy machine. Which I probably should start on soon, especially if I'm going to use all that hydrogen..." he grinned widely, clearly scheming up a new invention
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Oh uh ok, guess we'll see ya tomorrow"

Doc stopped swaying and brought his paws to his side, to himself thinking what Tesla would create next.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna walked over and hugged both pets wholeheartedly, tail wagging. "I'm glad I met you guys.". She waved and started the walking. "See ya guys. Oh! Doc! Remember, Into the Wild tomorrow right?". Before Doc could respond she had turned a corner, heading back home

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"See you guys!" Tesla grinned as he waved and padded back home, content to both leave his machine where it stood and take a nap
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welcome to the new day..
By Shirosune's command.
This morning it is 74 degrees, and partly cloudy.

Moonbeam flicked up his ears and yawns widely, as various members of the Paschal family come into the barn.
Whicker.. Is it morning already?
It's 6:30am as always, stupid horse. An that morning joke is still not funny.
replied Missy-Sue, affixing a lead rope upon his halter, and leading him out of his stall.
I am so sorry, Miss Missy-sue, Ma'am.
Missy-Sue rolls her eyes, Stupid horse, stop trying to kiss up to me. your not good at it.
She ties his lead rope off to a post, before doing his morning grooming of brushing out his mane and tail, then curry combing out his pelt.
Meanwhile, the farms Clydesdale's are being groomed by the other family members, before being harnessed up for the days work..
By 7am, Missy-Sue was leading out of the barn. Clip-clop clip-clop through the corral gate, and out into the northern pasture, closing the gate behind them before unclasping the lead rope.
Go make sure all the cows come home, stupid horse. So i can finish my chores.
yes, right away mistress missy-sue.
Moonbean whinnies, as he trots off into the clover field, the morning dew splashing on his hooves, as he sets about herding the cows back twords the barn.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

An old Volvo estate rolls into the courtyard of Rydell Farm, as it parks up a tan great-dane exits the rear left door. Beat closes the car door behind him, yet another trip to his uncle's farm is starting..

"You again, huh?" Shouts a familiar voice from the kitchen-side window of the farmhouse.

"Hey Clarence!" Replied Beat, waving to his Uncle.

"That's Uncle Rydell to you lad!" Retorts Uncle Rydell, waving a fist jokingly. Beat knows he's joking, Uncle Rydell is a kind guy..

"Can you get your bags in then help me get some milk from next-door? I need some more.." Asked Uncle Rydell, closing the window after.

"Right, more milk for your coffee.." Chuckled beat, mostly to himself.

A second person exited the Volvo, the driver, Beat's dad..

"Sorry we're putting you back with your uncle so soon, boy.." Apologised Mr Johnston, leaning back into the car and popping the trunk.

"It's alright Dad, I enjoy it here.. It's a great place! Why can't we just move in here?" Questioned Beat, pulling his cases out and setting them on the ground.

"You KNOW why, boy.. From what happened last time your mom was down here, you should know better than to ask.." Mr Johnston told Beat, pointing a finger at him..

He got back in the car and turned it around in the courtyard, rollingthe window down he rolled it back to Beat. "I'll be back in a couple weeks to pick you up.. See you later!" Mr Johnston said, then he pushed the throttle and went off back down the dirt track.

Beat turned and headed off with his cases into the farmhouse..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla grinned comically from about one-hundred feet in the air, looking down from his new machine, a large hydrogen balloon with a gondola capable of holding at least seven other pets with ease. He adjusted his telescopic flight goggles to zoom in on a horse down in a field and pressed a loud speaker button, "Hey there! What's up?" the speaker blared
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Moonbeam was doing his impression of a cutting horse, nose to nose with the herded cows, having gotten them rounded up. Jumping side to side, blocking any attempt they make to escape from being herded into the milking barn.
Esper wrote:Tesla grinned comically from about one-hundred feet in the air, looking down from his new machine, a large hydrogen balloon with a gondola capable of holding at least seven other pets with ease. He adjusted his telescopic flight goggles to zoom in on a horse down in a field and pressed a loud speaker button, "Hey there! What's up?" the speaker blared

Moonbeam jumps?? looking side to side for where that voice came from, before looking up into the sky.
It appears that you are.Moonbeam replies in awe..
How did you get up there?? You need help getting... Oh hay bales!
he snorts.
As the cows go dashing past him.. Moooo!
The golden horse takes off at a canter in pursuit..
No you don't, back here you get!.. he whinnies, cutting the leaders of the escaping cows off, turning back to the barn. Nipping at there rumps.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

As Beat was arranging his stuff in the spare room, the room he always has when he visits, some sort of speaker blared outside.
Esper wrote:"Hey there! What's up?"
Beat jumped at the sound, then went to the window to see what it was. Outside, he could see the balloon floating in the air..

"What the.." Whispered Beat, bemused by the sight.

He closed his cases and ran out the front door into the courtyard, still staring at the balloon. Beat cupped his hands arund his muzzle and shouted a greeting;

"HELLO THERE!" Exclaimed Beat, waving franticly at the machine.

Beat was amazed anyone could be on that thing..
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla giggled at the horse before he noticed Beat. The corgi leaned over the gondola and waved back before disappearing from the edge, opening a hatch in the floor, and lowering an anchor and a ladder. Tesla quickly descended and landed in front of Beat, "Hey there! I'm Tesla, who are you?"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc stretched in his small makeshift doggie bed his owner had gotten for him even though he was clearly too big for it. As he woke up he instictively felt around for his medical bag, eventually and lazily grabbing it and slinging it around his shoulder, then hitting him he remembered he was supposed to go on a camping trip with Zanna today, then the rest of that day also came to him as he stretched a bit more before padding around the house.

"Well we'll need a few supplies but what..."

Doc thought for a second as his owner groggily walked in, still in sleep clothes he walked into the kitchen and immediately poured a cup of coffee.

"Goodmorning Stitches"

"Morning!"

Doc, frowned a little from being called that but if he allowed anybody to freely say it, it would be his owner. The last night as Doc came home he'd told him about the trip and eventualy after some persuasion he reluctantly agreed as long as he took supplies was safe and now the same look from last night seemed to still be imprinted on his face as he walked back to the fridge and pulling out eggs and bacon

" I want you to eat before going out, how does eggs and bacon sound?"
"Perfect"

Doc watched curiously as his owner prepared the meal and set it up and after Doc had eaten and cleaned up he went around the house and gather a few assortments of supplies that they might need in the case of an emergency.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Moonbeam leans up against the fence panting softly, having finally wrangled the cows into the barn, after they had scattered and stampeded at the sudden appearance of the speaking thing floating in the sky.
Looking across the road, over into the neighbors farm, the floaty thing is now hovering near the ground. An now there is a corgi talking with a great dane in the neighbors field.
Shaking out his mane, to chase away some annoying flies that were buzzing about his ears, he flicks his ears forward. Intently watching the two pet across the road, wishing he could be as free as they were, to do what they wanted.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"...And then! I got to ride on this jetpack, and i was really good at it, well, not really...but that was alot of fun! And the jetpack was made by a corgi i met when he and some other pets were on this robot and-"

"Breath..." Zanna's mom said tiredly. She yawned and put a bowl of dry food in front of the husky. "And eat your breakfast."

"Toe bone connected to the, heel bone. Heel bone connected to the, foot bone. Foot bone..." Sang Zanna as she ate, reminding herself she had to ask her parents where a forest could be located. Her Mom probably wouldn't let her go... Maybe if she asked...

"Hey Mom, where's Dad?

"In the garage." *Yawn* "Said something about taking something out of the car... Nitrous whatever."

The husky's ears perked up at the last words.
"Wait what!? That took me a whole week to install!" Making a headlong dash towards the garage door, leaving a (metaphorical) dustcloud in her wake.
Last edited by Roarin on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ref Ref!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

The great-dane stepped back a little as the aircraft landed.
Esper wrote: "Hey there! I'm Tesla, who are you?"
"Name's Beat! Er, is that thing stable?" Asked Beat, grabbing the ladder and acending onto the gondola.

As he clambered on, he looked amazed that it held his weight.

"Wow, did you build this? Its awsome.." He mused, poking at a loose corner of metal in the gondolas rail.

"Anyway, It's nice to meet you Tesla! Cool name by the way!" Smiled Beat after he examined the contraption to its fullest..
Character Reference
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

After Doc had retrieved everything he thought they might need he triple checked it and made sure everything was in place.

"Remember I want you to be safe, don't do anything reckless and please don't try to experiment with plants or animals. I don't want to have to call poison control because you were sure that this plant did this when it actually does this."

Doc's pwner gave him a slight smirk, also remembering the many incidents, though with that Doc gave a slight wave as he walked out the door wincing from the sunlight and letting his eyes adjust, then he started down the sidewalk.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla giggled, "It's true, I built it! And after much testing, I proved its stability!" he said, clambering to the control panel and set it to ascend again, "Want any snacks? The fridge is over there."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Beat stumbled as the craft set off up into the air.

"Whoah! Gimme a little warning next time you do that so I can hang on to somthing!" He exclaimed, holding on to the side to stabilise himself.

The craft flew back up into the sky hovering above the farmlands of Richmond Acres..

"Wow, this place is BIG.. Never really knew there was other farms other than my uncle's and his neighbours.." mentioned Beat, taking in the expanse of the area..

After looking around at the scenery, Beat then noticed the minifridge at the corner of the gondola.

"Cool, what you got in here?" He asked, pulling open the fridge door..
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Living with your uncle, aye? I live my mom in the suburbs." Tesla moved to tend to the loose piece of metal, "We've got all sorts of soda, chips, meat-type things... Actually, we pretty much have everything."
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

After rumaging around in the fridge, Beat pulls out (quite) a few strips of chicken.

"Mhm, Thanths for the footh!" He said graciously with his mouth full of chicken.

"I don't exactly LIVE with my uncle, I stay over a lot.. My parents have to move a lot due to my dad's job.." Beat mentioned, after he swallowed most of the chicken strips.

"I sure hope they're alright.." He sighs before eating another chicken strip..
Character Reference
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

It wasn't long before Travis had slowly peered her irritated, and drowsy eyes open, just as a lustrous beam of sunlight shone down directly upon her, eventually becoming a hindrance. Although, her accustomed, daily routine of rising up early in the morning had been repetitive, but nonetheless rewarding and refreshing, as she would've stood up to briefly stretch out and yawn, as usual, right before brooding on how to start the day. Instead, however, she simply rolled over onto her other shoulder and lay with her back facing against the persistent light, her eyes squinting agitatedly.

"Fifteen minutes," she argued with herself, shifting and turning in discomfort.

Unfortunately for her, she barely had the luxury of dozing off, even for a little while. Travis sighed, no longer able to find the same amount of subtle comfort in the couch, nor within her resilient body. It hadn't even been five minutes.

"It's just as well," She yawned silently, inadvertently concealing it with her paw. She lifted herself to sit on the couch for a moment, rubbing her eyes as she surveyed the room, reminded that it wasn't her's, but her friend's, just as she recalled a little bit of the night before, especially of when she was asked of that question.

It kinda took her by surprise, the way Mercury had approached her. Were it not for them being alone at the time, however, things would've gotten out of hand for her, and the situation would've been much, much worse, she feared.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury's eyes snapped open and he sat up from his bed with a gasp, that was an... Interesting night... The cat yawned loudly, taking a moment smooth out his fur and adjust his collar, "Gotta be presentable..." Mercury whispered, stepping to his door.

Hesitating, Mercury got himself to enter into his living room, scanning around for Travis, eventually finding her on the sofa, "Good morning, Travis. Hungry?" the cat asked his voice still wavering a little as he walked into the kitchen.
--
"That's cool, man. I don't think I have an uncle." Tesla said as he piloted towards the suburbs, casting shadows over the houses, until he spotted Doc, "Yo! Doc!" the corgi shouted
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Moonbeam watched the two canines floating off into the sky for a while, until his neck started to ache from looking up so much..
He finally just settled down to grazing on the clover grass, just keeping and eye upon the balloon..
(munch munch munch)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Beat looked over at the small suburb area, he didn't even know it was over here! His uncle would never really let him explore more than the farm, although, he's taking him to next-door's farm later today.. That's somthing new..

"Hey, uh, Tesla? Where are we going?" He asked, looking over his shoulder from his position right at the front.

*Also, whos Doc?* Beat thought, maybe they'll be intoduced to him when they gets on..
Character Reference
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc walked down the street keeping a steady pace and taking in more of the sights he may have missed yesterday, he also thought about how fun the trip would be and to be able to get out into the woods once again, he was also glad to have two new friends, and speaking of friends Doc jumped a little from hearing Tesla's voice from above and then he spotted the lumbering balloon.

Doc chuckled a little remembering Tesla promising another invention and so he gave a wave then cupped his paws around his muzzle to project his voice

"Hey Tesla!"

Doc watched the floating ballon amazed it did fly and carried passengers.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna grumbled as she left the house, a backpack was hanging from her back, full of stuff she thought they might need. After some debating she still wasn't able to change her Dad's mind. Something about the law and staying under the legal speed limit for once. But minutes later it was forgotten, her brain wandering onto different things. That was when she noticed something in the sky. A balloon. A really really really big balloon. And at that point there was only one logical thing for Zanna to do. Chase it.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla turned to Beat, "He's a friend. Now hold on." the corgi pulled a lever, dropping the gondola to ground level, "Care to come aboard, Doc? I'm gonna find Zanna next."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc watched as the ballon lowered to the ground, he looked the towering balloon over as it touched down and Tesla offered him a ride, he normally would have had to deny it needing to find Zanna but hearing that he was already a step ahead he smiled and climbed aboard positioning his bag once again to accomodate the space inside, then as he got settled he noticed the Great Dane holding chicken strips, Doc smiled and looked over to Tesla

"Who's your friend?"
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Travis had lifted herself from the couch, stretching her limbs out for a brief moment, and had cleaned up after herself from the doze; sorting through the once-removed ornaments and placing them onto the couch, spotting and dusting off a few individual, loose hairs, and even folding the blanket that was provided for her. It was the least she can do after all, especially for all of the hospitality.
Esper wrote:"Good morning, Travis. Hungry?" the cat asked, his voice still wavering a little as he walked into the kitchen.
Travis, acknowledging his presence, smiled and replied back, "Good morning. And yes, please."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury nodded, with a little nervous chuckle from the kitchen as he started cracking eggs into a pan that already had bacon sizzling in it. A few minutes later, Mercury walked over to Travis, holding a platter with two plates of fried eggs and bacon, two empty glasses, and a pitcher each of juice and water, "I'm sorry it's not much, but dad didn't leave much in the way of actual food before he left on his trip." the cat said in his still wavering voice, handing over a glass, plate, and fork, "Juice? Water?"

Mercury took a seat next to Travis, and errant blush wrapping itself around his face. The cat took a bite of his eggs to keep himself from saying something he might regret
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Beat was surprised that Tesla knew what he was thinking, maybe he talked aloud as he asked himself who Doc was..?

As Doc clamberd on board, he noticed the medkit slung across his shoulder.

*Hm, Maybe thats why..* Beat thought..

"Hey, Doc, Right? Nice to meet you! I'm Beat, Beat Johnston!" He greeted, holding a paw up as a wave.

Beat looks to Tesla slightly, still thinking about his possible mind-reading ability.. (Sp?)
Character Reference
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

As Beat introduced himself Doc looked back over to the Great Dane, he took a few steps before shaking Beat's paw firmly, giving a slight smile as well

"Well its a pleasure to meet you Beat. Heh I see you braved Tesla's new invention"
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Beat chuckled whilst shaking Doc's hand.

"Heh, Yeah.. It's awsome. By the way, I didn't know there were other pets here.. I've been to Richmond before, staying on my uncle's farm, but when did they build this suburb?" Asked Beat, turning and searching the fridge for a drink.

"Anyway, want somthing from the fridge Doc?" Beat asked, pulling out two bottles of water.
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Hold on guys!" Tesla squealed, pulling a lever and bringing the balloon back into the sky without turbulence, "So now what?" the corgi asked, floating back towards the farms and Moonbeam
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After running for what seemed like a long time Zanna stopped at a cross street to rest. She was tired and huffing. The husky looked up at the sky and saw the balloon hovering in the air. She seemed to be getting nowhere near it. Zanna sat down on the sidewalk. It was then that she noticed there were less houses around. The suburbs were clearing into the farmlands. She took a breather for a few minutes before she stood back up and started running again. "I will catch you balloon. And then! I will...do something."

Ref Ref!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Esper wrote:"Hold on guys!" Tesla squealed, pulling a lever and bringing the balloon back into the sky without turbulence, "So now what?" the corgi asked, floating back towards the farms and Moonbeam
"Didn't you say you was picking up someone else? Called uh, Zanna, right?" asked Beat, still looking through the fridge.

after rumaging through the fridge again, he closed the fridge door and stood up.
He was holding a pack of dog treats in his mouth, and the two bottles of water in his left paw, he'd eaten the chicken strips when he was looking through the fridge.

He then noticed a dog resting on a fence, looking towards the balloon.

"Hev, whosh thath?" Asked Beat, muffled by the bag in his mouth.
Character Reference