HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Roarin »

Senka shook her head. "I got nothing else to add, but I'll have the rangers look into it." With a nod she goes off to radio the new information before looking around for Flynn. "How did the umm, coffee thing go by the way?" The cougar asked Kandi as she glanced the scene.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you, sir. That's very generous of you. Unfortunately he has no owner we could locate. He doesn't have a microchip or collar and there's no database of missing pets to search like there is for humans... I suppose if you're sure you want to pay for his interment we could dedicate his grave and memory to all the unknown pets that pass away either owner-less or whose owners never get to find them... Oh dear." The nurse's voice quavers a little at the end of her sentence and she reaches for a tissue.
"You've got me emotional now. I'm sorry, I'm usually more professional than this." she apologises, dabbing at her eyes and trying not to smear her make-up. "It's just such a kind gesture on your part. I've never seen anything like it."

~~~~
The buck puts the mouse on the opposite shoulder to Kilo and once he's got a good grip he sets off again, Ryyn loping behind. It's not long before they reach the rail-yard and sneak in through a back gate.
"Where should we start looking? And be careful, everyone. We don't know how many there are or if they're watching the place." he whispers to his passengers and to the dog.

~~~~
"Well, we need to make sure, Chip. We can't miss anything that we could use in court or that could lead us to the kidnappers."

~~~~
"Don't worry, Juniper. I was just joking. Feel free to eat." Paul grins.

~~~~
As Leslie turns a page, a childish drawing slips out of the album and into his lap. It shows an orange figure with long scribbles above the face beside a tall human and a box with a circle on top and some crudely written numbers. Above the drawing is written in a shaky hand "I luv Dad" followed by a smudged print from where a paw has accidentally rubbed over the wet ink from the marker. On the back is written in a neater, flowing hand "Piper, me and the clock" and a date although as it's in cursive it's doubtful if Leslie will be able to read it.

~~~~
"Okay. Try to stay calm. Don't do anything rash, okay? And call me if you need anything." John instructs.

~~~~
The sheriff nods his approval to the mountain lion before barking orders to his underlings who scramble off to various cop cars, leaving just enough manpower behind to keep the scene secure and the reporters at bay. Some are already telling their respective viewers and listeners that the police clearly have a lead and are putting out a net in which to ensnare the criminals.

~~~~
Under the table a young ferret shakes Oreo.
"Come on, sleepyhead! It's lunch time! Time to play!" he squeaks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't worry about it," Thomas said. "It's more a testament to family and luck than anything else. We got lucky. The only survivor," he mused.
"I thought she said a third survived?" Sally said plaintively.
--------------------------------------------
Leslie picked the picture up and looked at it. He had a feeling this was Pipers' paw as he looked at it and decided he had an excuse to bring it to Mr Brookley's attention. "Mistur Brookley," he said, padding across to the old man and the strong smelling drink. "What does this say," he asked, handing the picture over.
---------------------------------------------------
"I would urge a swift look around this area," Kilo advised, "not going too far from the exit. I'm not sure if Ryyn has Nadia's scent - or Piper's - so he may need to remain in cover here. If we don't come back in a few minutes, run for town and tell the police all. If we, ah, recee (as I think the army say) and come ack, we can plan then. As there was once a small colony here, some old paths may still be secret."
---------------------------------------------------
"Of course not, Sarge," Chip said, heading back under. "you gonna tell me anything about yourself," she asked, her voice echoing.
----------------------------------------------------
"Yay," Juniper said, before squirting herself Orange by biting into a piece. ""Thats an Orange. I kno the smell." She began sucking the piece dry.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"I can look around. That's kind of what I do, and I used to come here and race the trains, so i know my way around. Though..." He scratched his head in thought. "I don't remember seeing any secret paths. Mr. Kilo, if you know a path that gets us in there without being seen, I can scan the area and look for anything out of the ordinary."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Kilo said, pointing to a bush near an old tyre, "I have only been here a time or two before but I recall Tracks once taking me down a pie that ran from that bush to..." He swept his arm so it was pointing at a hollow silo across the way. "...there."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Sounds good to me. I should be able to see pretty much everything if I climb the silo." Flash jumps off of Flynn's shoulder. "I'm ready when you are."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It may be best to stay by the fence right now, young Flash. That way we may not set them afraid and we may find their entry point, hmm? If Flynn is seen we hide and Flynn was just looking for the way out, yes?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash sighs. "Fine, fine. I don't see how two mice in an outdoor railyard will raise any alarms for anyone, even a kidnapper. Actually, I'd think our oddball group sneaking around the fence is more suspicious, but you're the smart one. We'll go when you say."
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: ~~~~
Under the table a young ferret shakes Oreo.
"Come on, sleepyhead! It's lunch time! Time to play!" he squeaks.

Oreo YAWNS...
Is it night already?>
Stretching out and then shaking out his fur..
whats fur launch?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"There is another survivor - a wild mouse. Paul is taking care of her at the moment." the nurse nods. "Do you want the cat cremated and his ashes buried or would you like a full burial plot with a headstone? The cremation is cheaper but many owners like a grave to visit rather than a pedestal or memorial. I can give you pamphlets on both options if you wish."

~~~~
Thankful for the distraction, Richard takes the artwork and smiles at the memory.
"I'd almost forgotten this. Piper drew this for me for Fathers' Day when she was a bit under two years old. It says 'Piper, me and the clock.' on the back and she wrote 'I love Dad' above the picture. That's the grandfather clock over there." the elderly man nods towards the clock as it chimes the quarter hour.
"Heh, she tried to make me breakfast in bed that day too. I remember her showing me the picture and then the fire alarm went off and I had to run to the kitchen because she'd put some Oatmeal in a pot on the stove but didn't know she had to add water so it caught fire. The alarm here is wired into the fire station because of the shop so we had three fire trucks turn up by the time I'd put the fire out. There's a picture in that album somewhere of Piper wearing the fire chief's helmet, I think. We ended up going across the road to the cafe for breakfast with several of the firemen who didn't have families to go back to yet so it turned out to be a great morning after all. Piper's never lived down burning that oatmeal though." Richard chuckles.
"Say, you got any stories like that about Aron or Vera, Leroy?"

~~~~
Pepper shrugs even though the mouse can't see her.
"Not much to tell, really. I'm a police dog born and bred and most of my time goes to that. When I'm not in the field I'm writing reports and when I'm not at work I'm usually eating, sleeping or doing, you know, dog stuff. What about you?"

~~~~
"Good nose." Paul smiles, wiping up the squirted mess from both the bench and Juniper.

~~~~
"My favourite! Kibble!' the ferret smiles.
"Everything's your favourite, Syd." quips a puppy.
"That's 'coz it is!" the ferret retorts, grabbing Oreo's paw and dragging him to his feet. "Come ooon, slowpoke!"

~~~~
Flynn has been studying the railyard intently from his position at the fence as the mice talked, ears swivelling and nose twitching.
"There." he says suddenly, discretely nodding towards a slightly open shipping crate where a man dressed like the other employees who're moving about the site is leaning and smoking.
"That's gotta be them. Those crates are never stored open and he's the only one smoking on site rather than at the break room." he observes, pulling out his phone and thumbing a number while casually leaning back against the fence so he's facing away from the yard. Once a train has rumbled past he talks into the phone.
"Charles, Flukely, I need eyes at the railyard. We know the kidnappers are there and I'm pretty sure I've spotted them. There's one leaning against a red shipping crate and smoking. I need you to zoom in close and get as much info as you can but don't let them hear or see your drone. And record everything. And keep recording until the police show up because we'll want it for evidence. The crate is about thirty metres due East from the fence about a third of the way along the yard and on the far side of the tracks from the station and platform. Any questions."

~~~~
John ends the call and tries to reach Flynn but gets the engaged signal.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Can...Can I see it?" Sally asked before her older brother could reply. "I...I'd be gentle."
"I think a plot," Thomas said eventually. "It's hard to make a shrine of an urn."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie found himself resting on the old man's knee as he talked, happy to have been instrumental in cheering his mood.
"Grew up in an industrial site," Chip called, "with lots of brothers and sisters. I lost most of them," she added, coming back out and pulling a pencil, "when we were forced to scatter. I think this is Piper's. It's been gnawed. I ended up in that park," she continued, looking around. "I found one of my brothers who'd been living with the lot at the silo? And we live with two Jackals. Who've not been home for weeks. So I went looking for food and so to today." She coughed dust after that much talking.
"Do you think Flash and I should get closer, Flynn?" Kilo asked.
Juniper gigled as she was cleaned and dried.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

After John hung up,Josh immediately dialed the Richmond Police Department, while his cousin did something she never thought she would do ever : calling their grandfather.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nadia weakly wiggled and whined in her sleep, and after a short while, tears started running down the fox's face.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:Senka shook her head. "I got nothing else to add, but I'll have the rangers look into it." With a nod she goes off to radio the new information before looking around for Flynn. "How did the umm, coffee thing go by the way?" The cougar asked Kandi as she glanced the scene.

Oh! It was going great!.. you should get a boyfriend someday you know??
But I kinda forgot about that in all of the excitement..
guess i should go tell him, things have gotten worse..

Kandi pats Senka's back and rushes off back to the coffee shop..
Phil, we got some news.. Another pet has been taken..
Well I guess that wasn't the best kind of news..

Meanwhile on the ranger radio..
Officer Senka.. this is Ranger Rick.. I got the message that you were looking for me..
What kinda of trouble have you gotten yourself into this time. over..

Hlaoroo wrote: "My favourite! Kibble!' the ferret smiles.
"Everything's your favourite, Syd." quips a puppy.
"That's 'coz it is!" the ferret retorts, grabbing Oreo's paw and dragging him to his feet. "Come ooon, slowpoke!"
Furry you calling me a sheepy head.. when it you ferrrrrets who sheep 17 hours a day..
scrambling to his feet and scamper down the hallway..
You not upset dat they are keeping us locked up inside?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'll ask for you in a moment." the nurse nods before crossing to the bench. She opens a draw filled with various pamphlets and pulls out three which she offers to Thomas.
"I think you're right about the plot. If you'd like to have a look at these two booklets and pick a coffin and headstone then I can make all the arrangements in that regard. There's also some information in the second half of the headstone one about putting a fence around the grave or a slab on top in case you're interested in those. This third one is about various funerary options you can choose including both religious and ceremonial options. If you'll excuse me, I'll give you some time to read those while I do a couple of other things I need to do. Is there anything else you need in the meantime?"

~~~~
Richard finds himself absently scritching the kitten behind the ears as he talks with his friend.

~~~~
Pepper expresses her condolences for the loss of Chip's siblings before the mouse reappears. "Yep, that's definitely Piper's. Has her scent. Hmm. Perhaps we need to get you a mask, Chip. Are you okay?"

~~~~
Flynn shakes his head. "No. No offence, Kilo, but I think with your hip, if anything went wrong you'd struggle to get away in time. I couldn't let anything happen to you. No, you'll be better here with me, strategising. And Flash? I'd really appreciate you going and checking things out but you don't know us at all and we don't know you. I can't ask you to put yourself at risk for us. No one would think any less of you if you walked away now."

~~~~
Paul continues to make small talk with the blind mouse as they eat.

~~~~
Phil looks up hopefully as Kandi enters but his face falls at her news and his head flops to the table.
"Darn." he says quietly, fighting back tears.

~~~~
"Naw! It's like a rainy day! We get to play with the fun stuff inside like the blocks and the trains!" the ferret enthuses before pumping his fist in the air. "Choo choo!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Er... Thomas said, letting his mask of control slip a little, "Some water, please?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course, Flynn, of course." Kilo looked around and sucked in a breath. "No sign," he said quietly,"Guess Tracks didn't make it either."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course Pep<kof>per" Chip said. "Those losses were way back. And do they do masksin my size?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juniper laughed and munched on fruit. "What do colours look like," she asked cheekily, wondering if she could stump the human...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash crossed his arms and looked at Flynn. "Oh, no. You're not getting rid of me that easy. I knew what I was getting into when I had Deus interrogate the fox. This is too important to leave. You need me here. I can get in without being detected and find your friends. Besides..." He fidgets a bit. "To be honest, I have a bit of a stake in this as well. Winter is going to be here faster than I'd like, and it's going to be a hard one. I feel if I can get my friend and myself in the good graces of the humans and the folks in town, surviving the winter might get easier."
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: Phil looks up hopefully as Kandi enters but his face falls at her news and his head flops to the table.
"Darn." he says quietly, fighting back tears.

Kandi pats phil on his back, an holds him close..
On the positive side, they way have an idea where to start looking for the missing pets now..

~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote: "Naw! It's like a rainy day! We get to play with the fun stuff inside like the blocks and the trains!" the ferret enthuses before pumping his fist in the air. "Choo choo!"

Yea, but you just like racing the train through the tunnel!
sniffing that the kibble that the skool serves.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Of course. I'll be right back." The nurse soon returns with two cups of water, one for Thomas and one for Sally, and offers the girl a lollipop from a jar. Just before leaving the room again.
"It's okay to be upset. Do you need me to call anyone for you?" she asks.

~~~~
"All right then. Thanks, Flash." Flynn favours the small mouse with a quick smile before returning to business. He takes Flash from his shoulder and stands him on the ground next to the fence.
"Get in, see what's there, and get out. Don't do anything stupid and don't try to be a hero, okay? It's best that the kidnappers don't know you're there so don't let them see you. Be careful." he cautions the rodent. "And good luck."

~~~~
"We can make one." Pepper gently but firmly taps Chip on the back to help her get all the dust out of her lungs and then takes the mouse out to the van where the police have set up a command post. She stands the mouse on a bench and pulls off her gloves before pulling out a first aid kit. She unrolls a length from a heavy bandage and snips it off with some scissors and then folds it in half along the long side.
"Try tying that around your face and see if it's comfortable and breathable enough." she suggests, holding the cloth out to the mouse before something else in the kit catches her eye.
"Huh. Don't know why I didn't think of these earlier. Once you've got the mask on we'll roll these up your arms kinda like mitts. They're as close as we'll get to gloves for you." she says, holding up a pair of rubber finger cots.
"We'll make a proper police mouse out of you yet!" the dog grins.

~~~~
"Hmm." Paul ponders this for a while. "The best way I can describe them is that they evoke feelings. Bright colours like yellow give a warm feeling. Colours like blue, a cooler feeling. Greens and browns and greys are called earthy colours. They make a natural feel. I know that doesn't really answer your question though. What you asked is an impossible question since you can't really describe colour without a visual reference. You were trying to trick me, weren't you?" the vet grins.

~~~~
"They do? What sort of a lead?" Phil asks. He leans into Kandi's hug, and looks a little hopeful again. Meanwhile, a reporter has found her way into the café.
"You're one of the owners, aren't you?" she asks Phil, whipping out her microphone. "What can you tell our listeners about the case or about the missing rabbit? Where are the police going? And who's this with you? Your girlfriend? Would she like to tell our listeners anything?" Phil is too shocked at the sudden intrusion to say anything.

~~~~
"Ah, yeah! Tunnels rock!" Syd the ferret enthuses. "You can't say you don't like playing in the big one in the playground, Oreo!" he challenges, spooning his kibble into his mouth as he speaks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Thank you but..." Thomas sighed, "I'm the house head these days."
"As you keep saying," Sally cut in with a smirk.
"I've started getting fairly good at it," Thomas reminded his sister, his hands on his hips in mock indignation as she sipped her water.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kilo kept his thoughts to himself but wandered over to smooth things with the new Mouse. "Yes, be fast young Flash," he advised, smoothing down a stuck up bit of Flash's fur. "If you encounter any of our sort, ask for Tracks. He maybe able to assist." The old Mouse leaned in close and dropped his voice. "If he escaped the silo, he'll be here." He still looked sad as he wandered back to his start position.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juniper chuckled as she finished off the Orange slice and started on a Banana. "Squidgy," she said before sniffing. "BANANA! Oh, an I was told Vets were know-it-alls. Thought I'd check," she added before ploughing into the soft fruit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are there vacancies for Police Rodents," Chip asked before tying the mask on. "Puhtytoe 'n eye cud dew wif the munney and fewd," she said, her voice blurred by the mask as she donned the 'gloves'.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Ok..." Flash hopped up and down to pump himself up. Once he was ready, he blasted off at top speed toward the pipe Kilo mentioned, leaving a small cloud of dirt in his wake. He zoomed down the pipe until he got to the end of it, where he skidded to a stop. He panted and leaned against the wall of the pipe, catching his breath while he was still in a safe spot.

Once he was ready, he peeked out of the pipe to figure out where he was, and where he needed to go. He saw the suspicious red shipping crate on the other side of a parked train. He ran up to the train and hid under it, moving along the length of the tracks under the train until he could see the guard's legs and the inside of the crate.

Flash couldn't see any animals inside, but as he looked around, he noticed a table. On top of that table were two collars. This must be the right place, but where are the pets? he thought to himself. He continued to watch from under the train car where he was hidden in case he saw something else.
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "They do? What sort of a lead?" Phil asks. He leans into Kandi's hug, and looks a little hopeful again.

I don't know, wasn't paying close attention... something about where scent of some dirt came from, or something like that..
Hlaoroo wrote:Meanwhile, a reporter has found her way into the café.
"You're one of the owners, aren't you?" she asks Phil, whipping out her microphone. "What can you tell our listeners about the case or about the missing rabbit? Where are the police going? And who's this with you? Your girlfriend? Would she like to tell our listeners anything?" Phil is too shocked at the sudden intrusion to say anything.

Kandi gives the reporter a questioning look.
One the owners of what?? Looking out of the window to see if Senka has mauled anyone, then to Phil as if she has no idea what the reporter is talking about.
What case? What missing rabbit? What are you yapping on about? Putting her hands on her hips.
I have no idea what the police are doing, are they looking for a rabbit? Did this rabbit go on some rampage?
Hlaoroo wrote:~~~~
"Ah, yeah! Tunnels rock!" Syd the ferret enthuses. "You can't say you don't like playing in the big one in the playground, Oreo!" he challenges, spooning his kibble into his mouth as he speaks.

I lick the jungle jim better..
gnawing on some hard kibble bone..
Too bads we can't git outsides..
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

"Ooooh my god."

"What?"

"Look!"

Flukely scrambles over and looks at the screens from over Charles' shoulder. They both notice a man, standing outside a crate.

"That's hecka suspicious."

"I wanna know what's in that crate."

Flukely and Charles look at one another. How were they gonna do that?

(Please tell I didn't mess up.)
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After giving Kandi a parting wave the cougar picked up her beeping receiver.
"Hey, why do you already assume there's trouble? But umm... apparently there's been a pet kidnapping. I asked some of the guys to keep a lookout for anything suspicious in the woods. I was gonna ask you to maybe take one of the jeeps out there. Any help would probably well... help."

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:After giving Kandi a parting wave the cougar picked up her beeping receiver.
"Hey, why do you already assume there's trouble? But umm... apparently there's been a pet kidnapping. I asked some of the guys to keep a lookout for anything suspicious in the woods. I was gonna ask you to maybe take one of the jeeps out there. Any help would probably well... help."

Because there usually some kind of issue, when you want to talk with me...
A pet napping? See case in point, an issue.. You never just wanna talk, or cuddle up for some pettings..

So which woods, where should we be searching in? there are a lot of woods out there after all..
You going to joining us on the hunt?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right." the nurse acknowledges with a small smile. "I'll leave you two to it then. Someone will be in to let you know as soon as there's news of Nola." With that the nurse leaves the young man and his sister to their own devices.

~~~~
Flynn puts Kilo back on his shoulder again and straightens as he listens to the phone.
"Good. Keep your eyes on them, guys." he tells Charles and Flukely.
"So, now we're here, any strategies, Kilo? How are we going to get them out?"

~~~~
"Hehe. We are pretty smart folk!" Paul chortles. "Don't forget there's a drink on your right if you're thirsty. So, any idea what you're most looking forward to about living with humans?"

~~~~
"I dunno. Maybe. I hear they're training rats to sniff for bombs and drugs and stuff at airports. They say they've a better sense of smell than us dogs, though I find that hard to believe." Pepper answers, her last sentence dripping with mock indignation as she helps roll the finger cots up to Chip's armpits so they won't fall off.
"Is the mask comfortable enough? Can you breathe all right?"

~~~~
As Flash watches he'll see the man inside the crate pick up a metal bowl and open a hidden door in the metal back of the crate. He drops the bowl into the room and splashes in some water. His body blocks most of the view but if Flash looks carefully he might see the two pets lying on the floor through the man's legs. The view doesn't last long though as the man quickly shuts the door again. A moment later a loud rumbling noise starts up not too far from Flash. A loud horn sounds and then the carriages under which the mouse is hiding begin to shudder along the tracks as they're shunted to a different line.

~~~~
This is the last response the reporter had expected and she falters for a moment before pressing on.
"The kidnapped rabbit! Everyone knows about it! And say, didn't I see you earlier talking to the mountain lion that went into the shop? You must know something! Won't you give a small statement for our listeners? Maybe a message for the kidnappers?"

~~~~
"You didn't say you didn't like it! Hah! Why do you want to get outside so bad anyway?" Syd asks, slurping at his juice box.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We need to know what that one is going to do with the keys and if there is any way we can get them off him." Kilo kept his gaze locked on the slightly blurry human in the distance as his jaw stayed set and firm, darkening his tone. "You need to get closer," he added. "Not right now but when the Police arrive. My belief is this:- When the Police arrive, playing their modern Jazz noise he," he continued, pointing towards the human, "will open the container and think about a hostage. If you confront him then - For Piper AND for Nadia - you add the challenge of overpowering you before the Police arrive. He'll bolt instead. I'm near certain on that."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juniper stayed silent for a few seconds whilst she thought on that. "I think.... the smells," she said. "and the new noises. Seventy Mice in a silo. Kills the nose."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yup," Chip said from behind her body suit. She fancied she looked like a CSI in a hazmat suit. Or a serial killer. "Rats have to have good noses," she confided, "so they can smell anything over their own stink!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:As Flash watches he'll see the man inside the crate pick up a metal bowl and open a hidden door in the metal back of the crate. He drops the bowl into the room and splashes in some water. His body blocks most of the view but if Flash looks carefully he might see the two pets lying on the floor through the man's legs. The view doesn't last long though as the man quickly shuts the door again. A moment later a loud rumbling noise starts up not too far from Flash. A loud horn sounds and then the carriages under which the mouse is hiding begin to shudder along the tracks as they're shunted to a different line.
Flash muffled a gasp as he saw the secret door open and the fox and rabbit lying on the floor. That must be them!

When the train started moving, Flash cursed under his breath and dove out from underneath it on the opposite side of the rails as the storage container. Once the train was gone, flash ran along the rail back to the pipe. He was shorter than the rail (he was standing on a fish bolt to look over the rail at the container) so he was able to stay hidden until he got there. Once he got into the pipe, he accelerated and shot through it like a bullet. He exited the other end and slid across the grass as he attempted to turn. He was able to change direction and run over to Flynn and Kilo, skidding to a stop in front of them.

"Guys... I... saw... them. Your friends... are in... that storage crate!" He pointed to the red shipping container with the man in front of it. He then sat down in the grass to catch his breath. "Whew. They are being held in a secret compartment in the back of the container. I saw the kidnapper put some water in there, so they must still be alive!"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well done, my boy," Kilo whispered urgently. "Excellent work! Now," he added, "before we do anything else? Flynn? Contact the Police. And Senka. Her first."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: This is the last response the reporter had expected and she falters for a moment before pressing on.
"The kidnapped rabbit! Everyone knows about it! And say, didn't I see you earlier talking to the mountain lion that went into the shop? You must know something! Won't you give a small statement for our listeners? Maybe a message for the kidnappers?"

Hmmmmm Nope, we don't know anything about a rabbit..
Is that what they were investigating? They wouldn't tell me. in fact threaten to arrest me of interfering..
An all i wanted to do was to meet that big wild cat.. Like when can you get that close to some huge wild animal an not get mauled?

Kandi hug Phil..
Now if you don't mind, were trying to have a moment here..
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Because there usually some kind of issue, when you want to talk with me...
A pet napping? See case in point, an issue.. You never just wanna talk, or cuddle up for some pettings..

So which woods, where should we be searching in? there are a lot of woods out there after all..
You going to joining us on the hunt?
"Maybe start with the picnic area and fan out from there? There's the house in the woods the kid appears might have used. The officer said something about grease too. Anything near machines is fair game. And I could... Though I'd need a ride. Mind giving a girl a lift?"

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

The noise woke Nadia from her restless slumber. The fox groaned, her body hurts, he head aches, her heart wanted to jump out of her chest, her stomach almost made her throw up, and the noise wasn't helping either. She rolled onto her side, curled up and whined, wishing for the peaceful unconsciousness.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: "Maybe start with the picnic area and fan out from there? There's the house in the woods the kid appears might have used. The officer said something about grease too. Anything near machines is fair game. And I could... Though I'd need a ride. Mind giving a girl a lift?"

I guess i could.. If i knew where you might be right now..
Also, were you not always complaining about having to live with smelly equines, that you were not allowed to eat..
They would be great for off trail searching..
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

A few minutes after the nurse has left another nurse knocks on the door and steps into the room with Thomas and Sally.
"Hi there. You must be Thomas and Sally." he says. I'm Zach, the theatre nurse who's been looking after Nola this morning. She's out of surgery now so if you'd like to follow me I'll take you to her. She's not quite awake yet but everything went well. Jackie will tell you more." The nurse leads Thomas and Nola to the cage room out the back of the clinic.
In the first of the cages Jackie is kneeling next to a low cot on which Nola is lying on her back, her chest wrapped with bandages from which a tube protrudes leading to a compressed container which has accordion-like folds on its sides. As the trio enter the vet removes the breathing tube from the cat and replaces it with an oxygen mask.
"Hi. She's beginning to wake up now. Everything went smoothly. I got the spears out easily enough and patched her up. This drain slowly pulls the air from her chest cavity as it expands which lets the lung re-inflate naturally so it doesn't tear. It also pulls out any fluids that might try to build up. It's up to Nola to recover now but she should be just fine. We'll keep her in hospital for a few days just until we're sure that the lung has inflated properly. You can come in and pat her and talk to her if you like. Is there anything you want to ask me at all?" the vet asks as she steps away from the cot to make room for the cat's family.

~~~~
"Heh. I bet. Not to mention the dust from all the grain in there. Is there anything you're not looking forward to, Juniper? Or anything you want to know about humans or life with them? You can feel free to ask me anything you want to know."

~~~~
"Hehe! True!" Pepper laughs. She pulls on another pair of size medium pet gloves from the rack on the wall hanging below the rack of human gloves and then picks up the mouse again.
"Ready to go hunting under the rest of the cabinets then?"

~~~~
Flynn nods.
"I'll call you guys back. Call me if you see anything I need to know." Flynn tells Charles and Flukely. He hangs up and then punches in Senka's number and listens as it rings.

~~~~
"... Fine. I don't believe you. Just wait until I get some dirt on you." the reporter threatens, putting away her recorder. She storms off and orders a takeaway coffee before leaving the shop.
Once she's gone Phil lets out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. "Thanks, Kandi! That was awesome!"

~~~~
In the darkness again, Piper can only glare at the closed door. As if being held captive wasn't bad enough, now they're tormenting her with water she can't drink because of the gag. The doe resolves to get out of here one way or another and sits patiently, plotting and biding her time as she listens to the whining fox beside her.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Flash, m'boy," Kilo said pensively, "have a look around that container. See if you can find a way in, either a bucked section or corroded spot or...
well, any gap. Recon the inside and see if you can make contact, yes?
"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juniper sighed. "Closed doors," she said. "I'm gonna find a lot of closed doors, Doc. Trapping me in rooms. That'll be a first."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas and Sally followed the new Nurse to the recovery room where Nola lay in dreamland. As Sally began petting her, the Feline started humming fragments of '3 little kittens' in her sleep.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Anything to be useful," the rubberclad mouse squeaked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Oh, thank you so much kilo. I was starting to get bored!" he looked up, apparently having recovered from his exhaustion rather quickly. "I'll be back as soon as possible. Actually, should I stay with them? Keep them company and help keep them calm?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yes," Kilo said, "announce yourself - and who sent you - before you get close though. Nadia IS a Vixen, after all."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Not at first. Come back and tell us how they are and anything you can tell us that might help us get them out or defeat the kidnappers. then you can go back and wait with them if you want." Flynn instructs as he waits for Senka to answer her phone.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"As Flynn says," Kilo assented.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Got it." Flash turns tail and runs back through the pipe and to where he could see the crate.
How to get inside... Flash ran out and circled the container making sure to keep a low profile and avoid being seen. He ran behind containers and rails and through pipes and behind barriers. He didn't think that a mouse in a train yard was that suspicious, but he didn't want to take too many chances. Once he was behind the crate and out of view of the kidnapper, he ran up to it and sidled along the side of the crate until he found what he was looking for. It was well disguised, but from this close and at this low angle it was clear that this was a power cable. It was hidden under the gravel and would be difficult to see if he weren't right on top of it. It lead right to the container and through a small hole drilled into the side.

He shifted the wire to the side and was just barely able to squeeze himself through. The inside of the container was dark and seemed empty, but he knew better. He followed the wire to the back wall where he could see it went through a hole between the side and the now apparently plywood back. He tried to find a way to squeeze through, but the hole was too small.

Well, here goes. He began gnawing at the plywood, breaking pieces of it off and spitting it out on the ground. He dug and clawed and gnawed and scratched to make the hole wider.
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "... Fine. I don't believe you. Just wait until I get some dirt on you." the reporter threatens, putting away her recorder. She storms off and orders a takeaway coffee before leaving the shop.

That happens to me ALL of the time.. I'm usually glad that it is just dirt honey..
Hlaoroo wrote: Once she's gone Phil lets out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. "Thanks, Kandi! That was awesome!"
When you work with cattle as much as i do, you know how to sling around the cowpaddies..