HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by MrNeonShot »

True, it can't get much worse than a mountain lion. You should be fine! Hutch smiled at Doc. Although the toothy grin did bother him a little.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Argent

Post by Argent »

serence ice fox wrote:"well at least that's something nice to hear , and thanks for the warning...." Nadia nodded quietly , suddenly felt sentimental , thinking about how destructive humans can be , she would know , and she wasn't even a direct victim.
"so....what's with all the human clothing ?"
"It's what you call camo. When I'm dressed up like this, humans just think I'm another human an their dogs figure I must be a pet, it's kept me in one piece and off the wall fer forty year now. In huntin' season I take me coat off like this..."

Suiting actions to words, he struggles out of the jacket to display a bright checked flannel shirt.

"This here's a hunter's favorite pattern, an it's like a warning to 'em. Ain't no natural animals look like this so they don't dare shoot."

He wriggles his boots in the sand.

"I make sure I leave human tracks, too. These ain't exactly comfy, but if I stuff 'em with rags they stay on purdy well."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"I see , that's pretty smart , never woulda thought of it myself" Nadia said , standing up "welp , I guess I'll go back now , sorry for disturbing you"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I don't have anything that needs urgent doin', and you seem more sensible than most foxes, so I reckon maybe I'll keep y'all company now I know you don't have no humans with you."

The elderly badger gets up, using his pry-bar for leverage, and gathers up coat and flashlight and shovel.

"Lead on, lass."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:"Well, you seem more sensible than most foxes, so I reckon maybe I'll keep y'all company now I know you don't have no humans with you."

The elderly badger gets up, using his pry-bar for leverage, and gathers up coat and flashlight and shovel.

"Lead on, lass."
"thanks for the offer but.....I'm not so sure it's a good idea , a couple of rabbits is right on the other side of the river , including the one that you accidentally scared half to dead , so....."
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Faust walks into a sandwich shop, hanging up the phone. He looks at the menu, picking out what to eat, forgetting about something important.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa wasn't concerned about any badger or anything else down in the tunnel so long as he was with others.
"I'm OK with going"

Meanwhile Kousa continued to converse with Elliot.
"Oh it was just a simple proposal. he pulled me away from everyone and pulled out a box with this flower in it."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Alrighty then. let's go." The buck steels himself with a deep breath and then sets off down the tunnel with the mouse and the corgi, watching from the corner of his eye to make sure his foster brother isn't struggling with his leg.

Reaching the main cavern again, he enters it somewhat hesitantly and heads over to Piper, Lucky and the dog.
"What's happening? Where's Nadia?"
"I don't know. She's not back yet and I can't hear anything over the river..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Then I would advise we approach with caution," Kilo noted. "But we should approach. At least to a position where we can hear them more clearly.". The only sign he gave of nerves was a series of small twists on his cane.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa was confused as to why hey were so cautious. Nadia could take care of herself, all foxes can take care of themselves.
"one of us should go and check it out."
Last edited by LovingCorgi on Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

serence ice fox wrote:"thanks for the offer but.....I'm not so sure it's a good idea , a couple of rabbits is right on the other side of the river , including the one that you accidentally scared half to dead , so....."
"Told ya I don't hunt rabbits, you can have 'em all yourselves. I can be quiet as a mouse, you'll see."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:"Told ya I don't hunt rabbits, you can have 'em all yourselves. I can be quiet as a mouse, you'll see."
"weeeeell........I...erm....well , this is gonna be....awkward erm......I don't hunt those rabbits , they're my er....*cough*friends*cough* , so , I don't think freaking them out would be , you know , a good idea"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, I got it, yer all pets! Don't fret yourself, lass, I don't hunt pets. I didn't get to be as old as I am doing daft things like that! Ticks off their owners something fierce. Even if they just relocate you, you end up smack dab in the middle of someone else's established territory and you've lost all your caches. Even if you got a pet rat or mole, they're safe as a cave with me."

He stands up and hooks a thumb in his belt, pulls his hat down over his stripey muzzle, and if you were half blind you'd almost think he was a human. From a distance. Briefly.

"Ill just talk POSH like a HUman and they'll NEVER know the DIFF'rence!"
Last edited by Argent on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc showed a grin to Oreo as he showed a bit of sarcasm, chuckling and shrugging
"Heh Sounds safe enough"

Then his attention turned back to Hutch, smiling and nodding in agreement he leaned back straight and stood there waiting for the others to lead the way.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hutch knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:"Oh, I got it, yer all pets! Don't fret yourself, lass, I don't hunt pets. I didn't get to be as old as I am doing daft things like that! Ticks off their owners something fierce. Even if they just relocate you, you end up smack dab in the middle of someone else's established territory and you've lost all your caches. Even if you got a pet rat or mole, they're safe as a cave with me."

He stands up and hooks a thumb in his belt, pulls his had down over his stripey muzzle, and if you were half blind you'd almost think he was a human. From a distance. Briefly.

"Ill just talk POSH like a HUman and they'll NEVER know the DIFF'rence!"
"um.....I don't think you look like one when looking at you this close , well , you don't look like a normal human anyway , but meh ,I suppose if it's safe....." Nadia shrugged , then casually walked toward the cave's entrance , just hoping the the others wouldn't be scared out of their lives the moment they see him
69eist

Post by 69eist »

LovingCorgi wrote:Meanwhile Kousa continued to converse with Elliot.
"Oh it was just a simple proposal. he pulled me away from everyone and pulled out a box with this flower in it."
"Aw~ that's so sweet. Congrats girl." Elliot holds his hands together and sways them as he smiles cheerfully.
"So you're on your way to the tunnels right? Me and Faust were just..... Um.... Where did Faust go?" Elliot shakes his head left and right, looking for where his dear twin went.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc showed a grin to Oreo as he showed a bit of sarcasm, chuckling and shrugging
"Heh Sounds safe enough"

Then his attention turned back to Hutch, smiling and nodding in agreement he leaned back straight and stood there waiting for the others to lead the way.
We can splat anything that comes are way!..

Oreo waits, as Hutch knocks on the door...
he then notices a rope hanging out of a hole in the wall, and he gives it a yank. ding ding ding!!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

The old animal follows Nadia.

"We don't get many wild pets round here. I mean I like taking advantage of humans much as any beast, but actually lettin' one own you? That seems mite rough of a bargain to me. I mean, if you was crippled and couldn't hunt, that'd be one thing... ah, you're not are you, I don't mean to bite where it hurts, lass."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Letz go bac in and see where we see?" Leslie paused. "Or shud we go up and luk where we is?"
---------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, the questions shall soon be answered," Kilo announced. "The musk of Vixen and Badger is getting a little stronger. They're coming our way."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Argent wrote:The old animal follows Nadia.

"We don't get many wild pets round here. I mean I like taking advantage of humans much as any beast, but actually lettin' one own you? That seems mite rough of a bargain to me. I mean, if you was crippled and couldn't hunt, that'd be one thing... ah, you're not are you, I don't mean to bite where it hurts, lass."
"Nobody owns me , old timer " Nadia replied , a little bit angry by the sound of her voice , her ears even twitched for a second "And no ,I can take care of myself just fine , better off without those humans , frankly . But I need to do something , fast , and the human I'm staying with can provide me with what I need to do so , that's all."
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, it's a con, is it? Good for you, lass, and I won't breathe a word of it to nobody!"

And so he clams up, following the vixen, tunelessly attempting to hum "The Entertainer" as he approaches the lights of the rest of the party.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Nadia just quietly nodded , and said no more of the matter , until she saw the pets on the other side of the river
"Hey guys !" she called
Argent

Post by Argent »

Mister Badger looms behind the vixen, trying manfully (badgerfully?) to suck his gut in and hide his shiny nose under his shapeless hat.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo smiled as the pair came back into view and twisted his cane again before he stood up on the shoulder. It seemed the Badger wanted to play dress up but, as he himself was wearing a coat and trousers, he decided not to press it. "Good morning, sir," he called, "how goes the day?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

Badgers are kind of near sighted, so he can't make out the mouse on Flynn's shoulder from where he is.

"Hello BUNNIES! My NAME is John SMITH! But we're all FRIENDS here so YOU can CALL me SNUFFY! I don't MIND if you speak UP more than THAT!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo repeated himself, louder this time. "GOOD DAY, SIR, AND HOW GOES THE DAY?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You might as well drop the pretence, Mr. Badger. We know exactly who you are. Sixtoes has told us all about you." Flynn calls back, doing his best to suppress his nerves. The mouse perched on his shoulder might feel a tense trembling though.

~~~~
Hearing the bell, Joan climbs to her feet and makes her way down the stairs, her mind still on the code.
"Looping..." she mutters. Opening the door she sees the pets. She's a little apprehensive seeing the wolf but noting his collar and remembering not to show fear around dogs, she puts on an act, hoping to hide her nerves.
"Hi, guys. Come on in. Everyone is still down in the tunnels, I think. You all know where to go now?" she stands aside, gesturing for them to enter.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"That little scamp, wait until I get my paws on him. Never mind, you can call me Lendri-Rah like the other rabbits. Hold on. Wait one cotton picking second. He told you ALL about me? What do you mean by that?"

The big animal ambles closer, squinting through the darkness.

"And what have we here, a pet mouse, they're keeping mice as pets now? And it's all dressed up like a human! You know that trick won't work for a mouse, it's too small to be mistaken for one of them!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Courage, my boy, courage," Kilo advised, although the twisting of his cane indicated that he wasn't entirely nerve free himself. Hah!" He laughed at the Brock's statement regarding the clothes. "I assure you, sir, I wear these simply to keep out the chill on old bones! But I am more of a house-guest than a House-pet if you judge that by terms of ownership deeds. I am Kilo. What should I, obviously not a Rabbit, call you? And may I say it is a pleasure to meet another like myself; on the older side of young?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yeah, I think we can manage. Hutch replied.
Thank you for having us over, Mrs. Joan!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"What do you mean Leslie?" Ryze asked, not understanding what the kitten ment.
--------
"Yeah, what Hutch said." Pyre said, walking inside.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Leslie said, "We now we's inna wood, I fink? But where in the wood is we in relative to the howse?" He paused, wondering if he got the word right. He decided he had after recalling sneaking looks at Unkle Leroys' ritings. He shrugged. "We fownd a tunnel entry but isn't it best we no where?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:"You might as well drop the pretence, Mr. Badger. We know exactly who you are. Sixtoes has told us all about you." Flynn calls back, doing his best to suppress his nerves. The mouse perched on his shoulder might feel a tense trembling though.
"welp , so much for that" Nadia said to the badger "It's alright guys , he's not gonna harm you"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

As the human opened the door Doc again instinctively felt like he was gonna brace for a broom to the face or something but as she seemed calmed and tolerant only giving him a glance before inviting them inside to join the others. Showing a smile and trying to be as respectful as possible Doc followed in suite after Hutch and Pyre giving an appreciative and thankful nod to the human "Ma'am"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"If you're not a pet, then what would be stopping me from eating you? Don't worry, I ain't hungry, and you're too close to humans for my liking if they're already makin' special clothes for you... pet or not."

The badger settles himself creakily down on the edge of the river, looking across it to the smaller animals.

"So tell me now, what are you lot looking for down here?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We are merely exploring, good sir. Looking for clues as to who went before us and why the tunnels exist whilst hoping they furnish us with gifts of proof. Can you tell us any of the history, Sir Brock?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"When I were just a cub we found the way in here, it was right pretty back then with lights and a stage and boats you could ride all the way to the river. We had some fine times back then. But half the place fell in when the humans ran those great constructing machines over the top, the canal here backed up and flooded everything and ruined the lighting and everyone left. Reckon I'm the only one left who remembers the good old days."

He wipes something away from the edge of his eye.

"It's dusty in here, ain't it? Anyhow, we cleared the place out pretty well when it started to go, you'll not find anything but rocks and muck."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aw. Well that's a bit disappointing. We were hoping to clear up a bit of a mystery. Nobody - or no humans at least which means no pets either - really know what went on in or under this house yet this house is a central part of the history of this town. But who's we? Are there more of you down here?" Flynn's nerves are forgotten briefly as his attention shifts to the mystery at paw.

~~~~
"M-Mr. Wolf." greets Joan cordially as Doc enters, betraying just a hint of her nerves but trying to hide it behind a smile.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "M-Mr. Wolf." greets Joan cordially as Doc enters, betraying just a hint of her nerves but trying to hide it behind a smile.
Hello again Ma'am..! Oh don't worry about him.. he is just a huuuuge lap doggie!
Oreo goes to the room where the ladder leads down into the hole.
It's down here..
Oreo chirps as he slides down the side of the ladder.. thup thup thup thup thoomp!
for once being a neuter comes in handy, as the young skunk just picks himself up and dusts himself off..
Where an intact pet would have been howling in pain.
Come on down the dirt is fine!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5