HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

LovingCorgi

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by LovingCorgi »

"huh... oh sorry" Koa and Kousa role off the fluffy rabbit. "Are you okay?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Star everywhere..." moaned Luck vaguely. He then shook his head to get his senses back and said, "Yeah, I'm fine." Then he added more quietly, "I'm used to things like this." He stood and asked, "Who are you two? And why are falling through ceilings?"
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn can feel himself starting to drift off. Vaguely realising he's getting dangerously close to hypothermia and shock he forces himself to sit up as Lucky curls up next to him.
"Th-that's good. W-we'll have to p-put them on my c-c-computer when we get back." Slowly turning towards Rynn he tells the dog "It's n-not your fault Ryyn. It c-could have ha-happened to any of us." He refuses the proffered ear saying "I d-d-don't want to get your f-fur all w-wet too."
Heaving himself upright he follows the others back up the tunnel. Hearing the screams from above, he stops and backs up slightly. Fortunately, since he's slow from the cold he hasn't reached the danger zone yet. He stares stupidly as a small shower of rocks and earth rain down on Lucky from the ceiling followed by two pets. When the cascade of debris stops, Flynn trudges over to the pile of pets.
"K-koa? K-K-Kousa? What are you g-guys doing here? H-How did you g-get in?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"huh... I don't know how I got here...Kousa?" Kousa looked at flynn and then at Koa "uhh bad candy accident, then after Koa healed the candied victim, he was tranqed and then I carried into the forest, then we fell down some kind of trap door, then Koa and I landed on a fluffy pillow." Koa looked at the other pets and was stricken with fear." He ran behind Kousa grasping her so that she could protect him. "w...who....who...are you guys?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"I am that fluffy pillow." said Lucky indignantly. "We are explorers who want to get our friend here back home," he indicated Flynn, "And make sure he doesn't get hypothermia!" With them he began to lead Flynn along the passageway.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn barks out in surprise as he falls to the ground trying to avoid the falling debris and pets. "Everyone run! It's Al Cabone's gang of ghosts!" he calms down as he sees they aren't ghosts soon after "Oh.... Sorry guys..."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury silently waved to the newcomers, more concerned with his freezing ally. Mopping up as much water as he could, the cat huddled up to the rabbit
~~~
Tesla nodded in affirmation, "Uh, my mom is out of state right now. She said she'd send money for whatever help I'd need."
Last edited by Esper on Mon May 13, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Kousa looked at flynn "You do look cold...here's my scarf can keep you warm." She unties her scarf exposing her collar, and wraps it around flynn. She then looks at Koa who is still scared out of his mind "KOA! Stop being such a baby!" "but...but...but..." "But nothing! Stop hiding!" Kousa looks Ryyn and Mercury. "And what's you names?" She said with a sudden change in tone.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn gratefully accepts the scarf. "Th-thanks. Don't y-you remember m-me? I... ah... r-ran into you i-in the s-s-street earlier. I'm Flynn."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Yea I remember. I was asking about the cat and shepherd....not to mention this little corgi is bothering me." She starts kicking Koa.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury sat in his place, holding out a paw, "I'm Mercury. Who're you guys?"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Nice to meet you!" Lucky called back has he helped Flynn forward. He draped Flynn's arm around his shoulder and half-carried him. "Follow me if you want to get out." He instructed. He took Flynn back to the cavern under his bedroom. "Everyone here?" he asked?

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn extends his paw once he gets his feet about him. "Ryyn Evern, nice to finnally see some other dogs, I was starting to get worried that I was the only one here."

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Nice to meet you Mercury and Ryyn. I'm Kousa, and this little pup, is my boyfriend Koa." Koa's ears perked up "You mean your names based off the element, Mercury!?" Koa jumps from behind kousa to shake Mercury's paw first. Given that he snapped out of his fear fit, he went to shake Ryyn's paw. "Nice to meet you."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury followed Lucky, happy to leave the cave system, "Yeah, I was named for the element. My dad says my fur looks like it."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna simply looked up at the doctor innocently and shook her head. She could have said "Nope", but her mouth was preoccupied with hiding the sugary treaty.

Meanwhile...
The mountain lion continued to follow quietly, occasionally scratching her sharp claws on the trunk of a tree. Her tail lashed restlessly.
But the sound of the vehicle seemed to fade away into the distance.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Supported by Lucky, Flynn somehow manages to climb the stairs into his room and stumble into the kitchen. Seeing him, Joan drops the armful of tupperware she's holding and runs over.
"Flynn! What happened? JOHN! GET IN HERE!" John comes running. Flynn tries to stutter an explanation around his chattering teeth but can't make himself understood. He looks pleadingly at Lucky and then sinks onto a barstool and leans against the counter. As Joan tries to ascertain the particulars, John punches Doc Walton's number into her phone.
"Hi, Doc Walton? John Porter. I've got a bit of a situation with Flynn... We're trying to work that out. Joan's talking to Flynn and his friend. Flynn's shaking, he's collapsed against the counter, his teeth are chattering and he- Flynn? Flynn? Oh howl he's not responding any more. It almost looks like a high fever although he's shown no other signs of illness... OK, thanks. I'll do that.... OK. Cheers. See you soon."
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Mon May 13, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"Did you just say Dr. Walton?" Koa asked with discomfort. starting to remember that he was hit by a dart shot from Paul..
Argent

Post by Argent »

Doc Walton looks suspiciously at the anomalously shy husky, but just then...

"DAD! PHONE! Got a really sick pet!"

The vet runs out, talks briefly, and disappears, leaving Tesla and Zanna alone in Cinnamon's room. It's not much to look at. There's an old bed with a ratty blanket, bookshelves on all the walls full of technical books from "My First Radio" through all five volumes of Knuth, most of them old and water-damaged. There's boxes of electronic parts stuffed under the bed, on top of books, under books, between books, on every available horizontal surface... but the windowsill is anomalously clear.

Shortly thereafter a rattle of gravel against the wall signals the abrupt departure of the big human, or at least his truck.

A few minutes later, there's the sound of a vehicle driving past the building, heading the other way.
Last edited by Argent on Mon May 13, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky quickly explains about the river and what exactly happened. "I think he might have hypothermia." he said nervously putting his hands under his arms. "Does my bad luck rub off on other people now too?" he asked to the world in general.

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn looks over at Lucky while standing a bit closer to the dogs feeling more comfortable near them. "Err I doubt it Lucky I had bad luck before this it just doesn't happen that much...."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ignoring the comment, John runs out of the room, almost tripping on the little corgi. He returns a few moments later with a couple of blankets and lies Flynn in/on them in the recovery position. Having done all he can, he paces the room nervously, waiting for the Doc to arrive. Stopping suddenly he turns to the rest of the assembled pets.
"Either wait in Flynn's room or go back to your owners. I don't want you getting underfoot when the Doc arrives."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky decided he should stay and wait to see what happened to Flynn. "Want to stay in Flynn's room?" asked Lucky to Ryyn.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"On second thoughts, all of you wait in Flynn's room. The Doc might want to talk to you all to work out what happened."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Well guess that answers that question." said Lucky. He entered the bedroom and flopped down on a blanket that had been accidentally shoved to the floor. "What an exciting day." he said, yawning. He ahd stayed up late the night before and, without meaning to, fell asleep.

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"I have a question sir... Can you keep my safe from the Doc. Me and him got off on the wrong foot, no pun intended." Koa shivered at the thought of doc finding him here. He would probably blame him for flynns hypothermia.
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Whimpers at the mention of the Doc and having to stay in the room. "I already got all my shots though.... You don't want to know what they do for core temperatures!" Finds himself flopping on a blanket next to Lucky with a sigh after his outburst.

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Before john could answer his question Koa's brain lights up and he couldn't help but say "They stick it up your no no zone."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

When the scent was extremely strong enough to where it stopped, Doc looked around but found nothing and no one, like they had disappeared in thin air. Doc stood there is curiosity, dumbfounded that the scent would lead him here and provide nothing as to its source. After giving up with going off trail he looked to see the lioness behind him, thinking she may be wondering what it was all about he preemptively speaks up.
"I swear there was another scent here. A pet, but its just gone now. Poof"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The mountain lion walked up beside Doc and sniffed the air, she herself was curious as to why this wolf seemed to care if there was a scent at all.
"Okay? So what? You looking for you friends?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Nadia's been rather quiet the entire time , she was a bit worried when Flynn started shaking , but never would the fox expected the situation to turn out this bad , this fast , and seeing Flynn like that in the kitchen , she was shocked and overwhelmed by guilt because in her mind , she was the first one to suggest going that way just for the fun of it , despite everything she learned told her not to , had she took the other way , this would never have happened , another one of her friends was in serious danger , and once again , it was her fault.
When the pets got back into Flynn's bedroom , Nadia went to a corner of the room and just sat there , covered her face between her paws
"Flynn.....I'm sorry....."
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Tue May 14, 2013 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

John waves the pets away absently. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just keep out of the way. Oh, come on Doc. What's keeping you?" he finishes under his breath.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

meanwhile, out on the main road..

The airship has been loaded onto a flatbed tow truck..
An Is driven away..
Last edited by Keeshah on Tue May 14, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Rusty couldn't help but chuckle at his own hyperactivity. It sounded so silly!

"It's odd. Normally I'm fine with sugary foods." The yorkie began to explain "I guess it's just how much sugar was in one lick of that thing!"

The yorkie climbed onto his feet.

"I'm pretty sure I'm OK!" He continued before turning to Samantha. "Is it all right if I can go back through to the waiting room place-thingy?"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky snored softly from the blanket. He rolled overt onto his side and muttered, "No, not pepper...it makes me sneeze..."

Argent

Post by Argent »

Samantha looks around, "Cinnamon, you and Rusty go play in your room with the other dogs. Keep them out of my way. I have SO much paperwork to do. You can get some treats if you like.

Cinnamon has no problem with this, at all, he hardly ever gets to raid the treats cupboard twice in one day!

"One treat each! I'll be counting them!"

Oh well. Better than nothing.

---

There's a knock at the Porter's door.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa began to freak out when he heard the knocking on the door. Part of him wanted to apologize to Doc, but this wasn't the right time or place to be caught with another injured pet, especially after the events in the clinic. "What am I gonna do...?" he said nervously.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hearing the knock, John runs to the door and practically throws it open.
"Doc, finally! Thank goodness you're here!" He hurriedly ushers the Doc through to the kitchen to where Flynn hasn't moved from the blankets.
Joan looks up as they enter. "The other rabbit thinks it's hypothermia because he fell in a river, but I've never seen hypothermia make anyone collapse suddenly like this before. Please help him." she begs the Doc.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa noticed that the trapdoor they came out of was still open. Quickly they both slipped into the trapdoor and closing it.
Argent

Post by Argent »

The vet comes in with a heavy padded roll over his shoulder, and a couple of big plastic bags full of jelly that he's squeezing in his hands. "Pick him up, carefully, lay him down here on the couch" where he's unrolling a heavy blanket with a cord hanging from one end. He tucks the rabbit in with the fat plastic bags. "Plug it in, keep it on low. This is my bunny kit... rabbits are susceptible to shock... and shock and hypothermia together is a bad combination. Luckily the treatment for both is the same. We need to get his body temperature up and keep it up."

He looks around, peering into adjacent rooms and looking out the window.

"What on earth were you doing that got him so cold?"