HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Argent

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Argent »

"It is too medicine and it hurts like fire ants on a cut but heals it up real good! Mister Badger says he's been using it for like fifty years or something..."

He pauses for thought, absentmindedly corking the bottle, not that it helps given all the spillage.

"... least I think that's what he said! He's real old, almost as old as a human!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie watched the expert at play.
Oreo taunts an imp into attacking, to use a special defensive move, they go spinning up into the air, then superplexes the imp head first into the ground, with amy back flipping away at the last sec.
Kewl more eh?
Oreo has Amy jump across a river, and dig up a bead..
Find all 100 of these beads, an you get Amy's full god powers!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, they will look nice!" Joan gives the floor another go-over with the mop to remove as much of the alcohol as she can before spraying a little air freshener to hide the scent.
"You're right in a sense, Sixtoes. Alcohol can be used for medical purposes. It's a good disinfectant. That's why it's in hand sanitizer and those wipes in the first-aid kit. It's not really medicine though." Joan enters the lounge again and sits next to Koa.
"Koa... I think I know why you're worried about the alcohol. I can't imagine the memories it must bring back for you. I can emphatically promise you though that neither John nor I nor any of our family will ever turn to the drink or treat you like that previous owner did. Nor can he hurt you any more. You are quite safe here. Try to leave those bad memories and fears behind, okay?" Hoping she's not reading too much into the situation she gives Koa a quick, reassuring hug before complimenting him again on his work with the jade.

~~~~
"Yeah, we did." Flynn confirms.
"Ought we bring up any of the things we've found or open any more drawers before we go?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

"If it's not medicine what's it doing in the medicine cabinet then? I mean even Mister... oh dog oh dog oh dog Mrs Porter don't tell anyone about Mister Badger I'm not supposed to talk about him to humans and... and... he'll go totally wolverine if he hears so please please please I didn't say anything OK?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Yeah, we did." Flynn confirms.
"Ought we bring up any of the things we've found or open any more drawers before we go?"
"I think we should just take what we've found , the rocks are still there so it would be hard to get through with all these stuff anyway , we could come back later "
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Joan went to deep into Koa's dislike of the smell, he simply just didn't like the smell of the alcohol. Though since she brought up his old owner and connected him to the smell of alcohol, it brought back memories that he had bottled up. Her hug didn't really help anything, not even the compliment could drown away the thoughts that was going on through his head now. He frowned and sighed, while placing down the jade once more. He stared blankly at the jade, looking at his reflection that looked right back at him. The memories just continued to flow through his mind and his eyes began to tear up.

All those days that he spent sitting on a dog bed covered in broken glass that poked at him every time he rolled over. The times where he was yelled at for being slow and scared of all the people his old owner invited to the house. It all came back because of Joan's connection. He didn't say anything at all... he just stared at his reflection. Kousa looked at Koa while he stared trying to snap him out of his trance but it wasn't working. "Koa? Koa...wake up....Koa!" Her words were drowned out by his thoughts. The words of his old owner rang in his head. Useless.....coward.... weak. Eventually he stood up and sat down on the couch mindlessly curling up into a ball.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Right." Piper collects the creepy doll's head and the broken glasses, cradling them safely in her arm before picking up the bills and tickets left by Lucky and one or two packets of stockings before making for the exit. Flynn tries to send a non-verbal message via gesturing and head-nodding to Lucky that he should offer to help his girlfriend carry her load.

~~~~
"It's all right, Six. I won't tell." Joan turns to Koa as the corgi retreats deep into himself.
"Koa? Koa?" She gives the dog a light shake.
"It's okay, Koa. You're safe." She hugs him again and then picks up her cup and drizzles a bit of lemon-water onto the dog's head, trying to snap him out of his trance by the shock of the cold.
"Koa? Wake up... Please wake up..." Worried, Joan pulls her phone from her pocket and begins dialling the vet's number.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa sat curled up in his ball crying, the voices in his head continue to yell at him. These memories are not something he wanted to remember and were hard to suppress. The shakes given from join jolted him a bit, but wasn't enough to snap him out of his trance. After the shake and then the hug he began to blink his eyes as better, much nice memories flowed into his head. Those of the times he spent with his mother and his ex-owner. He remembered Kousa warm hugs and her larger than him body and some of the more recent memories also flowed into his mind. All of the new friends he made and the porter family who had taken him away from his abusive owner. When the worried Joan splashed him with a small amount of lemon water the shock of the cold sour water made his eyes snap open and his head shot up from his ball.

He looked around and saw Kousa staring at him as well as Joan on the phone. He looked at the jade laying on the floor, which was almost completely polished. "Huh?... I'm OK...I'm OK...." He looked at Joan who was calling the vet. "Uh mom who are you calling?" He asked as he began to uncurl himself and sit up on the couch.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I suppose we should follow him." Flynn concurs as his stomach rumbles. "Heh. I guess we ought to get some lunch while we're up there. Who's hungry?"

"I guess they must have. What about the bills? What are they for? People do collect old promotional material and Americana like that. They like local history." Engrossed in the filing cabinet and distracted by Lucky, Piper hears neither Kilo nor Flynn's suggestion..
Lucky finished looking at the bills and he and Ryyn followed the rest of the pets. "Looks like the early bills were for standard things you know, furniture, a care, stuff like that. Most of the later bills were for pharmacy supplies though.
Hlaoroo wrote:"Right." Piper collects the creepy doll's head and the broken glasses, cradling them safely in her arm before picking up the bills and tickets left by Lucky and one or two packets of stockings before making for the exit. Flynn tries to send a non-verbal message via gesturing and head-nodding to Lucky that he should offer to help his girlfriend carry her load.
Lucky went over to Piper. "Here, I'll help," he said, taking on some of the load.
Last edited by WeirdGamer on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blizzard knew about the depression Koa was experiencing. Back when he was a pup with just his owners and the first son, he had a friend that would show up at his tree house and just curl up next to Blizzard for comfort because of the pain he felt for his sister moving away.
A hug was in order, but Blizzard wasn't the one to give it. Blizzard mouthed to Kousa to "hug Koa."
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla began to descend, "Oh, yeah I left the excavator down there because it ran out of fuel and I couldn't connect it to an external power source," he managed to say between huffs and puffs of breath, "Could you help me carry it back up, man? It's kind of heavy, even for me."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sure! Hutch replied. He got to the machine and got on one side, ready to help the muscular corgi.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So, my dear," Kilo said, looking up at Nadia, "shall we away for lunch?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie giggled as several video-game bad guys fell to Oreo spectacularly.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"So, my dear," Kilo said, looking up at Nadia, "shall we away for lunch?"
"OK then" Nadia nodded , leading the group out of the cave "careful when going through that hole guys m especially with all that stuff" she said , after going through the hole Flynn and Tesla dug earlier
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Leslie giggled as several video-game bad guys fell to Oreo spectacularly.
Oreo draws some stars in the sky, and finds another god beast, who gives Amy the power of restoration
Oreo uses the ink tail to repair a bridge, then make a river fordable.
He then goes into a cave, where a log doors closes in behind them.. Oh noes there trapped!!
In this cave is a huge statue with a broken sword..

Oreo hands the controller over..
Ok there you go, have fun..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, thanks, Lucky. Such a gentleman. I was about to drop half of it too." After transferring some of the load to Lucky, Piper heads down the tunnel towards the hole.
"We will, Nadia. Wow, you made a mess of it, didn't you, Flynn? Sheesh. Bucks ought to leave the digging to us does. It's only natural." Shaking her head, Piper begins her scrabble up and over the pile of rubble.
"Hey, at least we tried. Tesla had a paw in it too. And there's plenty of space over the-" He's cut off by a wordless yell of surprise from Piper as some rubble shifts underneath her, sending her sliding down the slope opposite the other pets.
"I'm okay! You can follow!" she calls over the pile, collecting the artefacts she dropped.

~~~~
Joan hangs up the phone and slips it back into her pocket, leaving a very confused Sandy at the clinic, scratching his head over a call that was never answered."You were freaking out, Koa. I was going to call the vet if you didn't snap out of it." She rubs the corgi's back as he uncurls.
"Is... Is there anything you want to talk about, Koa?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Maybe he'd like a soda... I can get him one no trouble I know which ones are safe for dogs!"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Kousa looked over at Blizzard and nodded, she was the one who needed to hug Koa more than anyone else. She scoots up close to Koa and gently wraps her arms around him. Koa was caught off guard from Kousa's sudden hug and froze up. Eventually he closed his eyes and wrapped his ow arms around Kousa hugging her tightly, as he laid his head over her shoulder. The hug washed away all his worries and calmed him down. He gives Kousa a quick kiss on the cheek before looking up at Joan.
"I'm fine, I don't like to talk about that stuff...." He replied to Joan's question, before looking over at six-toes.
"I would like an orange soda...if its not to much to ask for."
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla took a deep breath and started to speak, "Three... Two... One... Lift!" he called out with a grunt and growl as he hoisted his machine up off the ground. "Are you alright back there?" the little dog asked back to Hutch, worried that the machine's weight might be too much
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"you OK Piper ?" Nadia asked , helping the rabbit pick up her.....loot (?!)
"Careful on the way down guys"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Esper wrote:Tesla took a deep breath and started to speak, "Three... Two... One... Lift!" he called out with a grunt and growl as he hoisted his machine up off the ground. "Are you alright back there?" the little dog asked back to Hutch, worried that the machine's weight might be too much
Hutch grunted as he helped lift the machine.
How did you carry this all the way here by yourself? Hutch asked.
---
Blizzard smiled before saying Don't drink too much. Tonight you'll have figuratively a boatload of soda's to choose from!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Do you need our assistance, Piper, my dear?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie gingerly took the controls, performed a few moves on the screen with the sword and then, just as he was relaxing, ran into a wall.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm okay. Thanks. The rubble shifts though so careful on your way down!" Piper calls back, dusting herself off as she waits for the others to join her in the tunnel.
"Everyone here?" Flynn queries as he lowers himself down the slope after the other pets.

~~~~
Joan nods.
"Sure. No worries." she decides not to press the issue further.
"Sure, you can grab some soda, Sixtoes. You know where we keep it?" she queries, removing her hand from Koa as Kousa hugs him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Quick as a wink, Cinnamon returns with two bottles of orange soda. He gives one to Koa and proceeds to drink the other.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I'm okay. Thanks. The rubble shifts though so careful on your way down!" Piper calls back, dusting herself off as she waits for the others to join her in the tunnel.
"Everyone here?" Flynn queries as he lowers himself down the slope after the other pets.
"I'm here," replied Ryyn, "It's actually kind of a good thing Piper fell." He glanced over at Piper and said quickly, "No offense. But it made sure most of the lose rubble already came down."

Suddenly a scream rang out from the direction of said rubble. After a crash a pained Lucky said, "Too bad she didn't get all of it."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Climbing down Nadia, Kilo winced with the effort and rushed over the rubble to Lucky. "Are you in one piece, my boy?" he asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Climbing down Nadia, Kilo winced with the effort and rushed over the rubble to Lucky. "Are you in one piece, my boy?" he asked.
"It's rare that I'm not," replied Lucky with a smile.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good to hear, my boy," kilo said before wincing and holding his hip. "Of all the times to need that blasted cane..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Good to hear, my boy," kilo said before wincing and holding his hip. "Of all the times to need that blasted cane..."
"Kilo , please , stop , moving !" Nadia frowned , picking the old mouse up again "usually when someone's in pain doing something , they would stop doing it you know"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, my apologies, Nadia," Kilo said, still holding the hip. "Sometimes my concern for others over-rides common sense. I am new to long term injuries," he added with a grin he didn't really feel.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. I guess you do. Go easy on it. What would Paul say if I sent you back to him tipsy?"

~~~~
Piper is relieved to see Lucky is still in one piece.
"You must stop scaring me like that! I swear you're made of titanium sometimes though, you're that indestructable!"

"Tell you what, Kilo. If you behave, I'll make you a new cane when we get back up to the house and I'll even get Koa to give you some more of that turmeric stuff. No offence but you look like you need it."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie gingerly took the controls, performed a few moves on the screen with the sword and then, just as he was relaxing, ran into a wall.
Oreo gasps in amazement as the kitten uses the inktail power to restore the broken sword on the huge statue.
An another connect the stars screen appears and he learns "slash" inktail power..
The bouncing flea on Amy's head has Amy slash a boulder in half with her inktail.
The pot that was along the wall breaks open has he runs headlong into it, spilling food and coins.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Aaaaah...." Tesla said shaking his head and starting to walk forwards down into the tunnel, "Well, mostly I dragged it down here, it's a little too unwieldy to just carry."
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote: Piper is relieved to see Lucky is still in one piece.
"You must stop scaring me like that! I swear you're made of titanium sometimes though, you're that indestructible!"
"It runs in the family," explained Lucky, "We've been studied by scientists, actually."

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Ah... Hutch replies as the 2 make their way towards the exit of the tunnel.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Kilo listened to his stomach making noise. "Ah, it seems my stomach requires filling," he advised.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Meanwhile, at the Jenkins household..

Leroy was at his computer, as usual, still typing away at whatever odd little things he was working on.

Suddenly, the door creaked open behind him..

Leroy tilted his head up, hearing the noise. "Yes, Aron?" He said simply, not even having to turn around.

Slowly, a head with two floppy ears and a pair of tell-tale goggles appeared from behind the door. "Hi, Leroy.. Um, me and Vera were just wondering when we were having lunch?" Aron said with a hint of apprehension.

Leroy sighs. "You can have your lunch whenever you want, you know where the fridge is.." He answered in a slightly annoyed tone, still staring at his screen.

"W-well, yeah.. But didn't you say something about a special meal?" Aron said, sinking back behind the door.

Leroy stops for a moment. "I did?" He asked, clearly unsure of himself.

"Y-yeah, you said something about the Porters too.." Aron said, nodding.

Leroy thinks for a moment, looking at the clock on his computer screen. "Hmm.. Yes, I think I remember now.. I don't think that's until dinner tonight though.."

"Oh, so we can have lunch then?" Aron says, stepping into the room.

"Yes, Aron.. You don't have to anything for me, I'll make myself something later.." Leroy said, waving him out.

Aron just nodded and stepped back out, shutting the door behind him.

Vera leaned over the arm of the sofa. "So, what's happening?" She asked, tilting her head.

"we can have lunch, The special thing's not 'till dinner.. Apparently.." Aron answered, walking toward the kitchen.

"Oh, okay.." Vera says, she then shifts back to her seat.

"Salad or sandwich?" Aron asks from the kitchen, shifting a chair to the side.

Vera looks down, thinking for a moment before speaking. "Just a salad, thanks.."
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa takes the drink from Six-toes and slowly sips on it. He continued to finish the Jade and after a couple more mindless sips of the orange soda Koa had finished the jade. The polished gem gleamed off the light from the sun and shined brightly. Slowly Koa turned to Kousa and put the jade necklace around her neck. Kousa smiled and hugged Koa tightly and going to admire the shiny green gem on her neck.
"Thanks honey." She said to him when she looks at him.
"You're welcome." He replied before looking at Blizzard.
"Blizzard? Do you wan the chain?" He said feeling a slight sense of happiness from his drink.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blizzard shook his head.
No thank you. It wouldn't match my tags or collar. But thank you for the offer ^^ Blizzard replied.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Come along, people," Kilo encouraged, "Food and walking sticks await."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie still tried his best to look like he knew what he was doing in the game but couldn't help but move the controller around more than he did the character on the screen. And, as for button bashing? He could give lessons.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie