HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

Paul continues to gently stroke the blind mouse.
Sometimes life doesn't make sense. But it doesn't always have to either. And you're definitely not a cripple. My medical exam just proved that. By your own admission you're a very capable messenger and I think that would make you a valuable part of your society. Also, have hope. Just because we didn't see survivors outside the silo doesn't mean there won't be some inside it. And those outside who died willingly gave their lives to protect yours. They've given you an opportunity to make a better life for yourself. Don't let that opportunity go to waste, okay?"

~~~~
"All right. Well, let me know if you need me to do anything else. Flynn has me on speed dial. I'll just be home here getting some work done. Bye! And good luck!" Joan ends the call and Flynn tucks the phone away again.
"Okay. If Senka goes after the recordings perhaps we should start hunting ourselves. Flukely, Tesla and Charles are covering the town and the forest. We should split into two groups. One can search the fields between the town and the vet clinic and one can go towards the railyards and cinema. That way we'll have this entire area covered so we might be able to at least narrow down the area that needs searching. What do you think, Kilo?"

~~~~
"Oh! Before I forget, I do have some paperwork for you." Jackie says, disappearing from the room for a moment and returning with a few sheets from the printer.
"The first form is a client form. It gives us all your contact details so we can have them in the system and also lets us know anything we need to know about Nola - history, allergies, medical conditions, insurance, that sort of thing. The second is a permission form for the surgery. It just says that I've explained the risks to you, that you understand them and that the cost I gave you was a quote that might change depending on circumstances, and that you consent to the procedure. Do read them and do ask if you have any questions." the vet says, passing Thomas the forms and a pen.

~~~~
A heavy police boot thumps the carpet directly in front of Chip as a cop steps around a corner oblivious to the presence of the mouse.

~~~~
"Nice try." smiles the pet school teacher. "Now come on in. You're just in time for our maths class. Well be using the counting blocks again today. You like those, don't you, Oreo? Thanks, Officers. I can take him from here." the teacher nods at the officers who tip their hats at her before heading back to their van. The teacher picks up the skunk and carries him into the classroom, plopping him at a desk with three other young pets.

~~~~
"That's a lot of backups. Is it really camping with all that electricity?" Phil teases.

~~~~
Once her head clears slightly, Piper manages to roll off Nadia and sit up. She hopes the vixen is okay after the rough treatment and the presence of her friend gives her hope. If Nadia could find her then others could too, right?

~~~~
"So what are we going to do with the fox? We can't keep her forever. We'll have to kill her."
"I have a better idea." the second kidnapper says with a sly grin, holding Nadia's discarded collar. "Look!"
"It's a collar. So what?"
"Look at the name, you idiot!"
"Nadia. So what?"
"Ugh! Why do I bother? Lundgren! Like Lundgren Enterprises! This fox is worth a heck of a lot more than the rabbit! We can make a pretty penny ransoming her and the boss will never know!"
"Ooh! How much we talkin'? Like, a hundred thousand dollars?"
"How would ten million suit you?"
"Ooh! Oooh hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo! That'd suit me just fine!" The two kidnappers grin at each other as they dial the number engraved on Nadia's tag.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Chip stepped back swiftly, under a cabinet, to avoid the rather large boot that had almost flattened her. Feet weren't her favourite thing in the world at the best of time. They were heavy, unrelenting and either had claws on their toes or stank of something that vaguely resembled the smell of rancid cheese. She stepped on something and her own foot sank into it. "Yuk," she said aloud, before slapping a hand over her mouth. She'd said that aloud, hadn't she? So much for ninja mouse... She sucked in a breath. "Excuse me," she said loudly, pulling on the trousers covering the leg attached to the foot that nearly stepped on her. "Pay attention to the Mouse under the side unit! Got summat to show you!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yes, Kilo mused, thinking over the plans as laid out. "it does seem smart to be prepared." he looked up. "I still believe we are missing something." He looked around at the assembled press and police. "They crtainly hold the attention, do they not? Then why have they not made contact again?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juniper sniffed and said she'd try to be positive, throwing half a smile in the direction Paul's voice said his face was.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Signing my life away yet again," Thomas said, reading through the forms and tapping his teeth with the pen before completing the forms.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: ~~~~
"Nice try." smiles the pet school teacher. "Now come on in. You're just in time for our maths class. Well be using the counting blocks again today. You like those, don't you, Oreo? Thanks, Officers. I can take him from here." the teacher nods at the officers who tip their hats at her before heading back to their van. The teacher picks up the skunk and carries him into the classroom, plopping him at a desk with three other young pets.

But i can coons already.. One two tree! See i cans do'z it..
An the stats chewing on a block...
"That's a lot of backups. Is it really camping with all that electricity?" Phil teases.

Now your sounding like Senka, who wants to go camping naked and afraid style..
You know us medical types always have to be able to contacted, no matter were we are.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Nadia lied for a while in the dark, cursing herself for not only failed to help Piper, but managed to turn herself into another burden for the rest by getting herself captured as well. Some fox she turned out to be.....
Piper's movement woke the vixen from her self-loathing. Now wasn't the time for those kind of nonsense. They were still in danger, for all she knew, those humans will kill them after they get the money, howl, even before that if they can hide it from Piper's old man. Such a thought renewed her determination. The vixen rolled onto her stomach, then slowly crawled her way to Piper, where she started to , well , attempted to, untying Piper. Easier said then done, because not only was it dark, she could only do it using her paws which were tied behind her back, not to mention Nadia was never the "good at detailed stuff" kind.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile , Josh was having an intense game of battleship with his cousin. Hearing the phone ring, he absentmindedly picked up.
"hi, Josh Lundgren speaking how may I help you?" he said cheerfully, never expecting what was about to come from the other side of the line
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Uh, sure, Vera. Just don't damage anything." Richard permits distractedly. He sits up straight as though electrified when Leroy mentions the sherry though.
"NO! I-I mean... No. S-sorry. It's just..." Richard heaves a sigh. "Maggie bought that bottle. It was her favourite... I've been saving it... For a special occasion, you know?" The last statement is added in a hurry. It seems Richard may not have any intention of opening the bottle at all.
Both Leroy and Vera jumped at Richard's outburst. "A-Alright, Richard.. I'll just leave it there.." Leroy said simply, stuttering at first. He walks back over to the seat he was in and plonks himself down. "Okay, so.." He starts, as he opens the bottle of whiskey and pours it slowly into the two short glasses he got from the cabinet. He holds out one of them to Richard when finished. "..Here. I think we both deserve this now.." He continues, leaning back and getting comfortable in the chair. "Cheers!" Leroy says before downing his drink in one swift movement. "Ahh, nice.."

---
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie giggled at a picture of Piper with an ice cream on her face.
Leslie's laugh made Vera turn her attention back to the kitten and the photos. "Haha, aww.. That's actually pretty cute. Oh, look at that one. It's Piper going down the slide at a park.." She said, pointing carefully at the said picture.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hmm? Oh, hey there, little lady. You're the one that gave us the plate, aren't you? Whatcha got?" the cop asks, squatting and picking the mouse up by the scruff.

~~~~
"Hmm... Good point... Maybe they're biding their time, waiting for interest to die down a bit. Perhaps all the cops spooked them." Flynn suggests thoughtfully. "Or maybe..." The buck's ears shoot upright as a thought hits him like a freight train.
"Nadia! She went off on her own! What if she found them? Or they caught her?"

~~~~
"That's a girl." Paul smiles. "But that said... You did lose a lot of friends today. It's okay to be upset and to cry if you need to. Just don't ever blame yourself for what happened or feel guilty for surviving, okay?"

~~~~
"Oh, no, your life is signed away on the next form which you'll get when we discharge Nola. The bill." Jackie jokes with a big grin.

~~~~
The teacher heads to the front of the classroom and write some simple problems on the blackboard for the pets to solve before handing out pencils and paper.

~~~~
"True enough. The burden of responsibility, huh? Can't escape it even on holiday." Phil quips.

~~~~
Piper's eyes go wide as she feels Nadia scrabbling at her ropes. She wants to warn Nadia not to risk upsetting the kidnappers but she can barely make a sound with the tight gag and with her ropes tight she can't really move enough to stop the vixen anyway.

~~~~
"Mr. Lundgren," say the smooth yet empty tones of Siri. "We know who you are and what you're worth. And we have your fox. The question is: what is she worth to you? If you want to see her again you'll have ten million dollars in unmarked, used, non-sequential bills ready by our next call which will be at sunset today."

~~~~
"Cheers." Richard raises his glass listlessly and downs the drink in one gulp.
"Sorry, Leroy. For yelling... It's just... Maggie... Well... she passed away. Six years ago. Cancer." Richard heaves a sigh.
"That sherry was the last thing she bought and one of the few things of hers I have left... I just... Haven't had the heart to open it yet. It was her favourite, you see..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

The knots proved to be quite a challenge for the Nadia. It took everything in the fox to not quit after her claws splintered, her paws feel raw and possibly even bleeding from friction with the rope, but it paid off in the end, as the knots loosen, gradually giving Piper more freedom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
"wait , wait, ten million dollars? I don't have that kind of money! who are you?" Josh asked frantically, shocked by the thought of Nadia being kidnapped. She wasn't the kind to get captured so easily, so something wasn't right there
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"There's chewed gum under there, sir," Chip said from the fingers. "I'm sure your guys didn't put it there and it'd be wierd if mr Porter had, him being a antiques dealer an' all." Chip looked a little chagrinned. "I trod in it."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"She has her phone on her, Flynn," Kilo advised. "You should give her a call."
"I...I'll try not to," Juniper said shakily. "Better get back to feeling out the area." She reached up and ran her paws over an object slightly above her head. "Oop, fingertip!"
"Ah, she's worth every cent."
"S'rew th' cents," Nola slurred, "I'm worth th' dollars!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: The teacher heads to the front of the classroom and write some simple problems on the blackboard for the pets to solve before handing out pencils and paper.

Why do we pets need to know any of this??
All we haf to do is obey, and arrrrrre owners will provide anything we need

"True enough. The burden of responsibility, huh? Can't escape it even on holiday." Phil quips.

Would you want to be not able to get ahold of your medical provider, when you really need too?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"No? No he's not in today? Weird... well look, if you guys find anything strange on your patrols, can you radio me back? Yeah just something that's going on in town. Thanks." *click*. Now... to talk to that officer!
Keeshah wrote:Now your sounding like Senka, who wants to go camping naked and afraid style.
*Achoo!*. Mmh? The cougar paused as she let out a sudden small sneeze. She looked around to see if anyone noticed before continuing on her way. Maybe tonight she wouldn't leave the window open...

Stepping under the tapes again Senka looked around for the canine cop. If anyone was willing to share more information maybe fellow animals on duty would be more charitable than humans. Walking over to one of the policemen on site she glanced around before asking, "Would you happen to know where the officer dog went? I'd like to ask her a few questions." She flashed the ranger patch on her shoulder, hoping that would give her some sense of authority.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Cheers." Paul raises his glass listlessly and downs the drink in one gulp.
"Sorry, Leroy. For yelling... It's just... Maggie... Well... she passed away. Six years ago. Cancer." Richard heaves a sigh.
"That sherry was the last thing she bought and one of the few things of hers I have left... I just... Haven't had the heart to open it yet. It was her favourite, you see..."
Leroy stays quiet whilst pouring himself a second shot, unsure of how to respond. He makes to drink again but stops with the glass on his lips, lowering it back down before finally speaking. "I'm.. *sigh* I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. She.. She was truly a wonderful person.." He lightly lifts his glass in the air before downing the amber liquid. He breathes another sigh before offering to pour Richard another shot too.
Character Reference
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Piper gradually gets feeling back in her paws as her circulation returns. She's too afraid to move much despite Nadia's efforts though.

~~~~
"You have Lundgren Enterprises, Mr. Lundgren. Ten million is loose change to you. Have it by sunset. Or else." Josh's phone beeps to indicate that a message has arrived.
"That is proof that we have her. Sunset, Mr. Lundgren. Good bye." The kidnappers end the call and when Josh opens the message he'll find a close-up photo of Nadia's face showing clearly that she's gagged and collarless. The background to the shot is simply a tarpaulin, giving no clues as to their location.

~~~~
"True. Good spotting. We should be able to get DNA from that." The officer gently lifts Chip's legs so he can see the soles of her feet, running a gloved finger over and between the pads to check for trace evidence or stray bits of gum. Finding none, he holds the mouse towards a police dog who sniffs her scent to clear her before photographing the gum and using a pair of tweezers to pick it up.
"It's nicotine gum, sir. I smell the mouse on it as well as the same human scent that's on that footprint and the bit of collar Buddy found." she says, dropping the gum into an evidence jar and sealing it up.
"Good. Say, miss mouse? Do you think you could go with Officer Pepper here and check under other cupboards and shelves and suchlike for things us bigger creatures might not be able to see?" the policeman queries, offering Chip a mini keychain flashlight.

~~~~
"Good idea!" Flynn punches in the number that he has on speed dial and the call goes straight to voice mail. He tries twice more with the same result.
"Voice mail. Every time. Either they've got her or she's staking them out and doesn't want to be interrupted... What should we do, Kilo?"

~~~~
"Heh. I bet you're worth the twenty four carat gold bullion too, Nola." Jackie grins, ruffling the cat's ears.

~~~~
"Lots of reasons, Oreo. I'm sure you'd like to be able to do the math so you know that the cashier is giving you enough change when you spend your allowance, right? And there are some fun card games that require counting. And being able to count means you can work out how long things will take to do by looking at the clock. And if you can count then you can cook properly by working out the right amounts of ingredients. And counting will help you write music properly. You like music, don't you, Oreo?"

~~~~
"Well, true. But surely you're entitled to time off every once in a while? I mean, there are three of you working at that clinic after all."

~~~~
"Yes, ma'am." answers the dog Senka asked before looking up at her. "She- Oh wow! You're her! They really did make a cougar a ranger! That is so cool!" he grins, tail wagging.
"Can I sniff you, please?"

~~~~
"Yes. She was..." Richard allows his glass to be filled again. "And I'm sorry you had to find out this way..." The old man swirls the amber liquid in his glass for a moment before raising it.
"To Maggie. May she rest peacefully and watch over Piper and bring her home safely." he toasts, downing the glass.
"So... Is there a Mrs. Jenkins anywhere yet? Or a Mister Jenkins? Whichever you prefer." Richard asks, feeling the alcohol beginning to take effect.

~~~~
"Yep." Paul smiles. "And here's another one." he grins, tickling the mouse's side briefly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The simplest thing, Flynn," Kilo announced. "We find her. We tell them," he continued, indicating the officers, "that a friend of ours went looking for Piper on her own and we have lost contact. Then we go and find the lead she found. If she is silent then she is not hunting. She has found. Brilliant though she is, I would not expect her to have found Piper this quickly. So we can assume she found someONE who knows something. For that reason, we may need a K9 with us. It's probably a feral."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Chip giggled as her feet were tickled and she got sniffed. "Cold nose," she complained with a grin. "And anything to be useful," she added, accepting the minilight with both paws. "Oh, and I'm Chip."
Nola purred at the compliment as, elsewhere in the clinic, Juniper laughed aloud at her 'treatment'.
"I recall you said something about another survivor?" Thoma asked the vet.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Lots of reasons, Oreo. I'm sure you'd like to be able to do the math so you know that the cashier is giving you enough change when you spend your allowance, right? And there are some fun card games that require counting. And being able to count means you can work out how long things will take to do by looking at the clock. And if you can count then you can cook properly by working out the right amounts of ingredients. And counting will help you write music properly. You like music, don't you, Oreo?"

Umm no. Whats an allowance? Is'n dat how much you can get away wif before you git punished for it?
I guess there are card games, never played dem altho..
I'm not allowed to cook, or even get near the cooker thingy..
I don't rite music, but i can sing it wellish.

"Well, true. But surely you're entitled to time off every once in a while? I mean, there are three of you working at that clinic after all."

Actually, only two work there. I am a separate operation.
We just have our buildings on the same plot of land..
I doctor all the large scarry animals, and they look after all the small ones..
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Eventually, Nadia managed to untie a few knots that she can get her claws to, hoping that it will be enough to give Piper a way to free herself, though the vixen notice how her friend was being........more quiet than usual. Not knowing how else to do it, Nadia nudges Piper, just to see if she was ok.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suddenly, the Porters' home phone rang
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yes- huh? You've... heard about me?" Senka raised an eyebrow at the canine. "And... just keep your nose away any parts that might get you sprayed with water if you were sniffing a human. Anyways, about the case. Would it possible to get any files or papers about what's happening? From what we know already it could be possible that the people you could be looking for are in the forest, and no one knows those parts better than the rangers. Any info would help, a lot." . Help me help you.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good thinking. A sniffer dog should be able to track her scent easily enough too." Flynn opines. "What are the chances one will come with us though? Surely they'd feel they're needed here instead of running across the countryside."

~~~~
"Sergeant Pepper, K9 Unit." The dog introduces herself, taking Chip in a gloved paw. "But I usually go with 'officer' to avoid the jokes about having a band. So you've checked under that cabinet, right? Have you been under any others yet? If not we should work out a system."

~~~~
"Heh. So, do you want to keep exploring this bench or shall I get that model for you, Juniper? Or did you have anything else you needed to do today?"

~~~~
"Yes. Two survivors actually. One, the cat, is in surgery at the moment. I don't know anything about them though, sorry. The other, a mouse, is somehow unharmed and is with Paul, the owner of this clinic."

~~~~
"No, it's money an owner gives you, usually on a weekly basis, that you can spend on whatever you want, or save it up. But if you want to be able to spend or save it you need to know this counting so that you can know how much you have and how much change you should get."

~~~~
"Oh. I didn't realise. That must be a lot of work, all by yourself. How do you manage it?"

~~~~
"Hello, John Porter speaking." John answers the phone.

~~~~
"Like I'm sniffing a human. Yes ma'am." the dog nods, wagging and sticking his nose close to the mountain lion.
"Um, yes, ma'am. Of course. Law enforcement are always happy to work with the Rangers and we'd appreciate your knowledge of the area. You'll need to talk to Sheriff Anderson over there about it though. He's in charge." the dog nods to a short yet somehow intimidating man with a star-shaped badge on his chest.

~~~~
Piper feels the nudge and briefly wonders what to do. In the absence of any other way to communicate she nudges the fox back to show that she's okay.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I have a cousin called Pepper," Chip told the Officer. "then again, I have one called Branflake too. Lots of cousins. Well, if you can show me where their scents are strong, I can see if anything's loose under the counters, Officer."
------------------------------------------------------------------
Upstairs, Leslie's right ear twisted around as he looked at a picture of Piper with a potato of the same name. "Chip," he said.
"If we ask we may be able to drive home the need," Kilo said.
"Well," Thomas said, grimacing, "if the other is a feral I don't suppose the future is too bright. Just two, you say?" He sighed. "I'll pay for... do you have that programme; rehoming ferals where they might do some good?"
"Oh," Juniper said, blowing out as she did so, "I suppose I can go in for rehoming today, Paul!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "No, it's money an owner gives you, usually on a weekly basis, that you can spend on whatever you want, or save it up. But if you want to be able to spend or save it you need to know this counting so that you can know how much you have and how much change you should get."

Oreo looks confused, then looks around at all the other pets..
I knewz nothing about all this.. What else don't you'll not tell us wild born pets abouts.

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh. I didn't realise. That must be a lot of work, all by yourself. How do you manage it?"

What? you of all people have to ask that??
Wasn't it you that said that, I'm as mean as a wet wildcat, and ornery as a rutting bull..?
Kandi looks out of the coffee shop.
Speaking of wildcats, I should go check up on mine.. make sure no maulings have happened yet..
Be right back..

Hlaoroo wrote:"Like I'm sniffing a human. Yes ma'am." the dog nods, wagging and sticking his nose close to the mountain lion.

Kandi comes walking up..
Umm you should be MORE careful, us humans don't have 3inch long razor sharp claws.
She looks up to Senka..
You behaving yourself? No one mauled?? Found any news on the missing rabbit???
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"No mauling yet, I'll save it for the guys who took Piper." The cougar replied gruffly as she leaned back slightly while the dog took his sniff. "And it's fine. Permission was given." He was a fan, apparently. A first in Senka's book. "Provided... you put in a good work for me when I talk to the good sheriff, officer..." The cougar paused, looking for some sort of identification on the sniffing canine.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"No mauling yet, I'll save it for the guys who took Piper." The cougar replied gruffly as she leaned back slightly while the dog took his sniff. "And it's fine. Permission was given." He was a fan, apparently. A first in Senka's book. "Provided... you put in a good work for me when I talk to the good sheriff, officer..." The cougar paused, looking for some sort of identification on the sniffing canine.

Well that's a good kitty!
Scratching in behind her ears, to get her to purrr in front of everyone..
So no leads on the missing bunny? non at all??
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Nadia sighed. So at least Piper was still conscious. They were long closer to escaping than before though. Not knowing what else to do and not having the patience to think of one, the vixen instead turned around and started scraping her teeth against the rope around piper's wrist. Occasional she couldn't help but let out a quiet yelp as the rope hurt her muzzle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"good morning Mr.Porter. I'm sorry but there's something urgent i need to ask of you. Do you have a moment?" Josh asked , trying to be as calm as he can manage
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yes. She was..." Richard allows his glass to be filled again. "And I'm sorry you had to find out this way..." The old man swirls the amber liquid in his glass for a moment before raising it.
"To Maggie. May she rest peacefully and watch over Piper and bring her home safely." he toasts, downing the glass.
"So... Is there a Mrs. Jenkins anywhere yet? Or a Mister Jenkins? Whichever you prefer." Richard asks, feeling the alcohol beginning to take effect.
Leroy toasts along with Richard respectfully and looks quizzically at him after his question. "Ah, cripes.. No, there is not. To me, it's just unneeded hassle and frivolity. Er, no offence.." He answers, wiping a hand down his face, the alcohol was affecting him now too. "And, ah, to tell you the truth I don't think any lady would love this ugly mug.."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie's right ear twisted around as he looked at a picture of Piper with a potato of the same name. "Chip," he said.
Vera had spaced out for a while thinking of Aaron, but the young kitten's voice pulled her back to reality. "Hm? What did you say Leslie?" She asked, looking the direction of his turned ear.
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Chip," Leslie repeated, looking at a Picture of Piper in Paris, "[color=#40800]She's a mowsegurl,[/color]" he continued, "and she's downstares, helping the doggies. I Hurd her. "
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure. Well, strongest is over here by the registers. I think Piper must have been surprised almost as soon as she got off the stairs." the dog says, making for the smallish area boxed off by counters, the glass top of one that's smashed.
"Just be careful of glass around here. We haven't cleaned up yet since the forensics techs are still here. I'd offer you some booties but they don't come in your size." Pepper cautions as she sets the mouse down on the floor.

~~~~
"True... How will they follow her though? They don't know her scent and I don't have anything of hers on me..."

~~~~
"I'm not sure actually. I'll ask for you. I know this clinic definitely rehomes wild animals so I'm not sure why they wouldn't do the same for ferals and strays. Are you sure you want to pay though? You really don't have to."

~~~~
"All right. I'm sure we can find somewhere for you. How about with Kilo? The Porters already have their house set up so a mouse can get around easily since he's living with them. I'm sure they could accommodate you too."

~~~~
Before Phil can respond he finds himself alone with his coffee. He sits in silence, staring at his cup, lost in thought.

~~~~
"I... Didn't know you didn't know. I'm not keeping anything from you, I promise." the teacher assures the skunk. "So here you are. Ten plus four. See if you can work that one out, Oreo."

~~~~
"Of course, ma'am. Oh! Sorry! Officer Jinx at your service. Er, excuse me, Ms. Human. May I see some ID please? This is a crime scene and we can't have people walking all over it." The K9 is suddenly all business again, remembering his duty.

~~~~
Piper pulls away from Nadia slightly. She doesn't want the vixen to get hurt and she doesn't think chewing on the ropes is doing much good anyway.

~~~~
"Sure. What do you need?" John queries, recognising the serious tone in the caller's voice. "Er, who is this, by the way?"

~~~~
"It's okay." Richard smiles slightly. "Married life isn't for every-" Richard's head snaps around as the phone rings again. He lunges for it, waits for a signal from the waiting cops and then answers it, heart pounding.
"Hello?"
"By now you will have the fifty thousand dollars. You will place it in an unmarked gym bag at the location you shall receive by text at sunset tonight. Do not be late or you will never see your rabbit again. Do not have any cops waiting at the location or you will never see your rabbit again."
"I-I-I I need more time! It's too much money!"
"Fifty thousand. Sunset."
"Where's Piper? What have you done with her?" *click* The kidnappers are gone without further discussion. Richard slowly lowers the phone and stares at it, shaking, until an officer gently takes it from his hand and replaces it in the cradle.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I'll be careful, Pepper," Chip said, stepping off the lowered paw. "I'm a professional scavenger after all. I'd show" you my card but... Mouse sized." She ducked under the counter and commenced her investigation. "Dust... Ooh, gold p... p..." There's the sound of scrabbling before a 'sqwik'. "I'm OK," she said shakily before coming back out, dragging a pen with an impaled spider on it behind her. "Nice pen," she added shakily.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"We don't need her scent," Kilo asserted. "If we're right there has been virtually no time between her leaving here and being caught. It means that they're either almost underfoot right now or... she met someone who told her where to go. So we need to find them, dear boy."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"It seems only fair," Thomas said. "I'd take them in but I don't know if Nola knows them or likes them and," he added, gesturing to the dim sparked Feline, "she's too zonked to tell us."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, um," Juniper said, "I remember Whistler - oh, poor Whistler - once looked in on them and said, uh, that Mrs Porter was carrying an egg?" She scoffed and spread her arms wide. "That's ctually what he said! I think I heard seventeen voices telling him what that meant!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "I... Didn't know you didn't know. I'm not keeping anything from you, I promise." the teacher assures the skunk. "So here you are. Ten plus four. See if you can work that one out, Oreo."

Oreo rolls his eyes..
Dat is easy, it's 6!

~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote:"Of course, ma'am. Oh! Sorry! Officer Jinx at your service. Er, excuse me, Ms. Human. May I see some ID please? This is a crime scene and we can't have people walking all over it." The K9 is suddenly all business again, remembering his duty.

Kandi waves her hand Jedi style..
You do not need to see my ID... again
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Nadia was a little surprised when Piper pulled away, but after a moment , the vixen started to assume that her friend did so out of fear, and decided that they should stay there at the mercy from those humans instead of trying to escape. This infuriated the fox, causing her to growl loudly and started to bite down and yank at Piper's bound, entirely ignoring how much noise she was making or if she's hurting Piper or not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's Josh, Mr.Porter, and well..........I just got a called, and I believe that Nadia is......kidnapped" Josh said, his voice choked a little at the last word
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Gross. Did it bite you, Chip?" Pepper asks.

~~~~
"I suppose. But it would be easier with her scent." Flynn opines. "DId you see which direction she went in?"

~~~~
"Well, I'm sure there'd be time for introductions after they both wake anyway." Jackie suggests before crossing to the door as a nurse pokes their head in. There's a brief discussion in low voices before Jackie returns to the small group.
"They're just cleaning up the theatre and then it'll be Nola's turn." the vet informs Thomas.

~~~~
"Oh. She's pregnant? I hadn't heard. Well, good for her!" Paul smiles. "It's good to have a bit of good news! So... Would you be interested in them? Or I know a couple of other nice pets and owners in town who I'm sure could take you. It's my job to know people like that."

~~~~
"Not quite. Ten plus four. Not minus." the teacher smiles before walking off to help another pet with their paw raised.

~~~~
The dog sniffs at Kandi for a moment before mirroring the vet's gesture. "You will show your ID because you do not want to be arrested. Nah, I know you now, ma'am. You were here earlier with the younger Mr. Richardson. You're okay. Just, please do try to avoid trampling evidence and messing up the crime scene."

~~~~
The rabbit lets out a muffled yelp as Nadia's tooth scratches her arm, drawing a little blood, and moves away from the vixen again. This time though, she shifts so that her ears are against the fox's face, wanting to try to hold her down and calm her down.

~~~~
There's a shocked silence for a few long moments before John swears.
"Are you sure? We better call the cops."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um, no. No." Chip checked herelf over anyhow before pulling the pen around. "Do you think Mr Porter will want his pen back?"
"Thank you," Tihomas said. "We...we'll wait for her if we could be permitted?" He stroked Nola's head. She burbled and tried to smack the hand.
"I did see her direction of departure, yes." He pointed in the direction she'd gone. "She headed into the alleys over there."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Juniper sighed. "I'd say the Flynns but... Babies aren't predictable obstacles, Mr Paul. And they have no clue on their downward pressure." She smiled faintly in near enough the right direction. "Needs to be someone else, I think?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

"Not quite. Ten plus four. Not minus." the teacher smiles before walking off to help another pet with their paw raised.

Arrrrgh!! Dis is so annoyingly hard..
Stareing at the board.
OHhh. 14.. Duuuuh!

The dog sniffs at Kandi for a moment before mirroring the vet's gesture. "You will show your ID because you do not want to be arrested. Nah, I know you now, ma'am. You were here earlier with the younger Mr. Richardson. You're okay. Just, please do try to avoid trampling evidence and messing up the crime scene."
well Old Mr. Richardson doesn't get around much anymore..
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Aww, thought it might've been the first time I'd have to side with the cop and wave you off. You know this is a dangerous crime scene." The cougar replied with dry humor. "Though I guess times a' wasting. Should probably meet the sheriff now."

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hearing Piper's yelp and her reaction, Nadia realized that she might have hurt the rabbit in her anger. However, that didn't calm the vixen down, merely made her turn around and struggled to free herself instead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yes I agree" Josh said "But I don't know how they got her or how much they know about us, or who they could possibly be. Is calling the police now risky?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash ran along the ally and into the town square. He looked around nervously. There were a lot of people there. He had just needed to dodge two foxes on his way here. Luckily, it didn't seem like they saw him. The mouse looked around and saw a bench next to a short retaining wall. He ran at the wall, using his momentum to stick to it for a couple of paces before leaping off of it on to the top of the bench in order to get a slightly better vantage point. There were a lot of police around, and people looked worried. That was never a good sign. The mouse got back to his job though, as he was supposed to locate places that might have extra food they didn't need and then tell his friend, Deus, so he could retrieve it that night.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We don't need her scent," Kilo asserted. "If we're right there has been virtually no time between her leaving here and being caught. It means that they're either almost underfoot right now or... she met someone who told her where to go. So we need to find them, dear boy."
Hlaoroo wrote:"I suppose. But it would be easier with her scent." Flynn opines. "Did you see which direction she went in?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I did see her direction of departure, yes." He pointed in the direction she'd gone. "She headed into the alleys over there."
Flash saw the two talking to eachother, and then the mouse pointed in his direction. Flash was now directly in their line of sight, and he didn't have anywhere to hide. "Carp..." Hopefully he would be able to talk himself out of this...
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Probably.Was there anything else under there? If not, could you check the other cabinets? Like, follow the benches around to the wall." Pepper bags the pen so it can be processed just in case it's relevant.

~~~~
"Of course. You're welcome to wait here if you like. Or there's a small lounge next door with coffee and tea. Do you want to come through to the prep room and hold her paw while we put her under?" Jackie asks, loading up a syringe with clear fluid.

~~~~
"Well, that's a start. Should we grab someone and go or wait for Senka?" The rabbit notices the mouse in the direction in which Kilo points and looks back at the older mouse on his shoulder.
"One of yours, Kilo?" he queries, tilting his head.

~~~~
"True enough." Paul nods. "Flynn, Kilo, Koa and their humans would all look out for you though. But if you're not comfortable there that's no problem... Is there anyone or anything else you wouldn't be comfortable living with? I... Assume you'd be more comfortable with less predators around, for instance?"

~~~~
With that problem done there are several more on the board for Oreo to work on.

~~~~
"True enough. But as I said, even though we know you're not involved we need to protect the crime scene so we can find out who's really responsible. So we could still wave her off if you really want to, Ma'am."the dog winks at Senka.
"Ah. *ahem* The Sheriff. Right. As I said, he's just over that way. I can't leave my post here but I'm sure you can show yourselves over."

~~~~
Piper realises that Nadia is panicking and she knows it won't help. She rolls over and then kicks the vixen, trying to bring her to her senses.

~~~~
"I can only guess she got too close to Piper." John says. "Do you think there's any possibility they're watching you? Did they tell you not to involve the authorities?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course... Sarge," Chip grinned bfore zipping back under the other cabinets to see what she could see, swinging the light around so Pepper could track her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I..." Kilo frowned and peered at the newcomer. He felt hope surge then recede. He didn't know this mouse. "No," he said in a voice tinged with sorrow and confusion, "this one is new to me. Hail," he called out, "and well met, fellow! How's the day?"
----------------------------------------------------------------
"Don' go 'way again," Nola drawled.
"I'll... I'll be with her," Thomas said decisively.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It'd better be somewhere without a cat," Juniper added. "Can't trust 'em." Her ears pricked as a thought came to her. "How's Nola? Any news yet?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Ah! Umm..." Flash tried to think of a response that didn't expose anything too sensitive. "I'm doing... alright I guess. I wasn't expecting there to be foxes in town, but I had to avoid a couple of them a few minutes ago." Wishing to direct the conversation away from himself, he added: "It sounds like you guys are looking for someone. Who is it? I might have seen them."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We're looking for a friendly Vixen, believe it or not," Kilo called. "She went after a friend who has been grabbed by evil people. Was one of the beasts you saw a White Vixen?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Wow that's one heck of a coincidence! Yes, one of the two was a white vixen, and the other was a male. I couldn't see him well 'cause the vixen was beating him up, but I think he might still be hiding in the same bush he was in back the way I came."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pepper does her best to keep her eye on the mouse as she searches.

~~~~
Flynn pricks his ears and crosses to the bench and squats so that he's on an eye level with the mouse.
"The white vixen is our friend. She's on the trail of another of our friends, a rabbit, who was kidnapped. Now we think she's been kidnapped too. How long ago did you see her? Do you think you could show us where she went? Please?" He offers a paw for the mouse to step onto.
"I'm Flynn, by the way, and this is Kilo. What's your name?"

~~~~
"All right. This way then." Jackie wheels the cat through to the prep area which is a room with a surgical lamp on a stand, a dental machine, a cabinet full of assorted medical supplies, benches, drawers, some lab equipment and various other tools of the veterinary trade. A large sink with several bottles of soap suspended in wire cages stands in one corner and an autclave is in another. There's also a long sink covered with a grille which is used for wet and messy procedures protruding from one wall covered in a grille. A set of double doors lead through to the operating theatre and an anaesthetic machine connected to an oxygen cannister waits on a wheeled stand. It's to this machine that Jackie wheels Nola. She listens to the cat's heart and breathing one last time and attaches a beeping heart and oxygen monitor to her finger while the nurse bustles around preparing things and taking the cat's vital signs.
"Do you want to say anything else to her before we do this?" the vet asks Thomas as she readies her syringe. Once the owner gives the signal Jackie connects the syringe to the port from the IV tube running into Nola's wrist and slowly pushes the plunger before following through with some saline, sending the anaesthetic rushing through the cat's blood stream. In moments the feline is unconscious and the nurse hurries to intubate her and hook her to the machine while a second nurse gently takes Thomas' arm.
"Come, Mister Christopher. It's best you step out now and let us do our work. We'll let you know as soon as there's any news. She's in the bestof hands,, I promise." The nurse gently but firmly guides the man back to the consult room as the other nurse begins to shave Nola's chest.

~~~~
"No cats. Got it. As to Nola, I'm not sure. I'll find out. Wait here a moment." The vet steps out of the room for a few moments, leaving the mouse alone, and returns less tham a minute later.
"They've just taken her into surgery." he informs the mouse. "More than that I can't say yet. She should be fine though."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters