HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Re: HPU - Richmond Acres

Post by Gameb18oy »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:
GrimD@rk8290 wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: He gripped her paw and looked a bit confused, sniffing it a bit trying to figure out her intent. "...do humans tend to do that to thank pets? I'm used to mom just giving me fish when I do something good." He looked over at Sunny, who already seemed in higher spirits due to the treat. "regardless, you can tell me after I talk to him" He walked over to Sunny. "Hey mister golden sun, would you mind if I asked my mom, to come with me to the party you mentioned? I dont think mom will want me going out on my own since otters are odd pets, people dont always believe I'm legit if she's not around, and she wouldnt want me in the pound because I couldn't prove I was a pet between your house and ours"
Luna looked at Rudder. "Yeah, my human does it to me all the time. I figured it was appropriate..." Luna said as she gave him a shrug before she noticed the otter went to talk to Sunny.

Sunny looked up from his treat, his tail wagging. "Hmm? Oh hey, Rudder, right? You want your mom to come? Sure! The more the merrier! I don't see a problem with that. If anything my owner would probably prefer if your owner came along." Sunny admitted as he chewed on his treat, before heading over towards Chester as he was walking away from the receptionist.
Rudder looked pleased but mildly puzzled by this. "Why's that? Hopefully its not the sword thing, Sue wouldn't let me bring that to a party sadly, so I'm hoping he's not scared of me biting or something when unsupervised"

"The sword thing, that and well we're new. The last time we were too trusting with our neighborhood pets I ended up at the vet." Sunny noted as he chuckled, before looking over at Chester whom had just finished up.

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, no trouble at all! In fact, they were the best behaved pets we've had all day!" the nurse smiles, knowing full well they're the only pets they've had all day since the clinic has only just opened.
Chester smiles at the nurse. "If we need anything else, we'll be sure to come back." Chester said before turning to Sunny and Luna. [color=4040FF]"Come on guys...say goodbye to your otter friend Sunny."[/color] Sunny of course looked at Rudder before giving him a hug. "I hope I see you again soon." His cheerful demeanor was back and the treat the nurse gave him totally lifted his spirits.[/quote]
Hlaoroo wrote: Sam follows Sue's cues as they transport the cat to an empty consulting room.
Rudder was well aware of how to get on a dog's good side, and moved his paws where he could scratch Sunny's ears a bit. "Looking forward to seeing you again as well." His eyes would light up as he saw Sam and his own owner come back inside. His first instinct was to run, but considered how that noise might effect the cat Sam was carrying to the back of the clinic... he merely waved to Sue to let her know he was happy to see her.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yes," Tracks replied, "well, the idea is that, if he can make a generator or whatever from the bits Deus brought back we can use a water wheel to generate the power and link up some lights or something."
"Hmm," said Watt, looking up from the camera. "what, what? Oh, the power , yes? Make a generatoor from that no trouble, what what? It'll look strange but it'll work, what what? As for this? saw some in the exhibition, what what. I was the mouse in the maze," he explained to Snapper. "I got shocks if I went the wrong way and grains if I went right, what what? I, er, went wrong a lot what what? The power and whatever was in the food made me smart but," he twitched slightly, "perhaps a bit odd due to the watts, what what?" He grinned, as though indicating that last time had been a joke. "This is a micro feed insert, what what," he queried, pointing to a small 'female' port on the camera. "you use a cable to connect it to a phone or computer, what what? It might charge it or just take the pictures from the camera, what what? We probably have a cable that fits and the Human probably has a cellphone that might work as a computer, what what?"
"I have a name," Sally complained. "I'm Sally."
"I'm certain you are, what what," the strange Mouse replied, "but I'm terrible with names and you're the only Human here." He looked back to Snapper. "What issues, what what?"
Sally looked at the carvings, reaching out to touch some of them after checking that was OK. "You've very good, Mr Deus," she said, "you should show these to people," she added, not thinking of herself as a person being shown them as she idly made a move with the Chess pieces.
"It's never quiet with Watt about," Juniper complained lightly as Flash led her in.
Any delight Snapper might have felt when he found he finally might be able to move the photos off his camera was kept from surfacing as his face seemed to drain of color as Watt mentioned the maze. He and Tracks likely didn't miss it, there were only a few less obvious signs than that look of horror from another mouse that they were a fellow victim of the men of cloth's more horrible experiments. He did his best to hide the slip up quickly though. "I-I bet that was a harsh experience to go through... um, but how do you expect to pull them off my camera with just a cable, don't humans tend to need a laptop or something for that? And on the other problems... well theres a few. It fell in a lake a few days back so its recently gotten some light water damage, even before then, this rude cat jumped on it after I took their pic and even when I get it properly charged, sometimes it turns off on its own and I miss some good shoots, so I think they must have wrecked something inside as otherwise, it seems to be in good shape"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

WeirdGamer wrote:
Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "But Kings dont get tew hav fun," Leslie pointed out. "all the rules theve got tew make the get no tyme!"
Don't know about that, Still wanna give it a try
"Pretty sure that at your age, you'd have a regent ruling for you," notes Lucky. Then he leans over to Piper and with a wry smiles whispers, "After all, who in their right mind would make him king?"

Da ones who don't want to get on the backend of a skunk!
Oreo grumps, crossing his arms. Hummph
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yes," Tracks replied, "well, the idea is that, if he can make a generator or whatever from the bits Deus brought back we can use a water wheel to generate the power and link up some lights or something."
"Hmm," said Watt, looking up from the camera. "what, what? Oh, the power , yes? Make a generatoor from that no trouble, what what? It'll look strange but it'll work, what what? As for this? saw some in the exhibition, what what. I was the mouse in the maze," he explained to Snapper. "I got shocks if I went the wrong way and grains if I went right, what what? I, er, went wrong a lot what what? The power and whatever was in the food made me smart but," he twitched slightly, "perhaps a bit odd due to the watts, what what?" He grinned, as though indicating that last time had been a joke. "This is a micro feed insert, what what," he queried, pointing to a small 'female' port on the camera. "you use a cable to connect it to a phone or computer, what what? It might charge it or just take the pictures from the camera, what what? We probably have a cable that fits and the Human probably has a cellphone that might work as a computer, what what?"
"I have a name," Sally complained. "I'm Sally."
"I'm certain you are, what what," the strange Mouse replied, "but I'm terrible with names and you're the only Human here." He looked back to Snapper. "What issues, what what?"
Sally looked at the carvings, reaching out to touch some of them after checking that was OK. "You've very good, Mr Deus," she said, "you should show these to people," she added, not thinking of herself as a person being shown them as she idly made a move with the Chess pieces.
"It's never quiet with Watt about," Juniper complained lightly as Flash led her in.
"I show to curious mice. I show to you. Tough to show to most humans though. I not really welcome in town." Deus stated, shrugging. "Thanks, by way."

- - - - -

"Well, if he jangles your nerves too much, it's a big cave. I'm sure we can find somewhere quieter." Flash said, holding Juniper's hand as they went down the tunnel.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ah, let's wander," Juniper said happily, "find out who else is down here and feel out the place. I can feel the breeze from the river from... there," she asked, pointing in the rough direction of the tunnel.
--------------------------
"Hmm, what, what what?" Watt asked, dragging his mind back to the subject. "Oh, I think the Human girl has a cellphone that can do it what what?" he gestured dismissively, "or a computer at home. Practically an accessory pack these days, what what? As for the drying out we can put it in rice, what what and, if it's survived this long it should be fine anyway, what what. For the rest I should need special equipment that, ah, I haven't got, what what. You should ask the Human, whatever her name was."
"They don't ALL have them, Watt," Tracks said with authority. "You should ask.... No, wait," he corrected, turning to Snapper, "probably best if you do, eh?"
"No trouble, Mr Deus," Sally said. "Is Flash any good at playing Chess? I, er, don't think he'd have the patience?" she continued, smiling at the Bear.
-------------------------
"We no Skunks rool," Leslie admitted, ruffling his best friend's head fur.
-------------------------
"I have enough trouble getting up, some mornings," Kilo advised, "and I don't think they do twenty gram weights."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "We no Skunks rool," Leslie admitted, ruffling his best friend's head fur.
Dat's right! Now were is those waffles?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

As the group continued deeper and deeper, the wind becomes gradually stronger and faster, blowing in various direction despite many trees and bushes that should have obstructed such kind of air movement.
"Well this is different" Josh said, noticing a strange flower, its long, intertwining petals, some pointed upward toward the sky, some reached down toward the ground seemingly shone with their brilliant crimson, surrounding a center filled with golden pollen.
"Welp, good news, we're getting close" Josh said happily.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right. We can take it from here. Thanks, Sue." Sam says as a nurse appears with medical supplies. "Have you decided what you want to do with Rudder?"

~~~~
"Oh, I could easily make them, Kilo. Coupla nuts or washers on a toothpick and a dab of hot glue and Bob's your mother's brother." At Josh's announcement Flynn raises his head, nose twitching and ears swivelling.
"Where is she? I don't smell her yet. Or hear her. This wind is drowning everything out, both sounds and scents."

~~~~
"We don't have waffles, sorry. You'll have to make do with pancakes. They're Lucky's favourite, you know." Piper smiles, placing stacks of pancakes in front of each pet.
"And if Lucky likes them you know they're good. He has excellent taste. After all, he chose me." the doe jokes, nuzzling her boyfriend as she seats herself beside him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Hmm, what, what what?" Watt asked, dragging his mind back to the subject. "Oh, I think the Human girl has a cellphone that can do it what what?" he gestured dismissively, "or a computer at home. Practically an accessory pack these days, what what? As for the drying out we can put it in rice, what what and, if it's survived this long it should be fine anyway, what what. For the rest I should need special equipment that, ah, I haven't got, what what. You should ask the Human, whatever her name was."
"They don't ALL have them, Watt," Tracks said with authority. "You should ask.... No, wait," he corrected, turning to Snapper, "probably best if you do, eh?"
"No trouble, Mr Deus," Sally said. "Is Flash any good at playing Chess? I, er, don't think he'd have the patience?" she continued, smiling at the Bear.
... He listened to the human's conversation with the bear a bit after listening to the other mice's suggestion to ask a human for help. "... Um, sure I guess I can ask her for help... you made it sound like you guys have rice, can we see if we can manage the water damage before I do that though? Be better to work with the problem I know I can solve now rather than the one I might end up being disappointed by the answer for... Also do either of you know what Chess is?"
Hlaoroo wrote:"All right. We can take it from here. Thanks, Sue." Sam says as a nurse appears with medical supplies. "Have you decided what you want to do with Rudder?"
"Hmm? Oh are you talking about what I talked about before we went to pick up the cat? I suppose this be a good a time as any... just know he can kinda forget his therapy training when he's the patient."
GrimD@rk8290

Post by GrimD@rk8290 »

Gameb18oy wrote: Rudder was well aware of how to get on a dog's good side, and moved his paws where he could scratch Sunny's ears a bit. "Looking forward to seeing you again as well." His eyes would light up as he saw Sam and his own owner come back inside. His first instinct was to run, but considered how that noise might effect the cat Sam was carrying to the back of the clinic... he merely waved to Sue to let her know he was happy to see her.
This of course was something Sunny loved as he started to tap his foot to a rather unknown rhythm of Rudder's petting against his ears. "Thanks! I can't wait for you to come over and play with me, it's gonna be awesome!" Sunny said before running over towards his owner Chester who was holding the door open to leave. He'd seen Sue, and wanted to speak with her but seeing she was busy Chester had decided against saying anything, for the time being.

"Hey? Where is my ear scratching?" Luna asked Rudder jokingly, before she could see Chester was getting impatient.

"I'll save it for some other time, maybe at the party?" Luna said before she ran towards Sunny and Chester. This of course, meant they were done at the vet, and Chester had started up the car, with his pets.
Sunny Briggs -Golden Labrador Retriever- S3 P5 E7 C6 I3 A8 L10
Luna Briggs - Blue Russian Cat- S8 P6 E6 C6 I7 A5 L4
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, let's wander," Juniper said happily, "find out who else is down here and feel out the place. I can feel the breeze from the river from... there," she asked, pointing in the rough direction of the tunnel.
"Yep! Should be able to hear it too, pretty soon." Flash said as they continued to walk down the tunnel. It wasn't too long before they were walking on the ledge overlooking the underground river. The footing there was stable, but he made sure Juniper was on the safer side of the walkway, closer to the wall. He held her hand tighter through this part as well.

--------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hmm, what, what what?" Watt asked, dragging his mind back to the subject. "Oh, I think the Human girl has a cellphone that can do it what what?" he gestured dismissively, "or a computer at home. Practically an accessory pack these days, what what? As for the drying out we can put it in rice, what what and, if it's survived this long it should be fine anyway, what what. For the rest I should need special equipment that, ah, I haven't got, what what. You should ask the Human, whatever her name was."
Deus laughed a little. "No, he isn't. And no, he doesn't." He said. "I not too good either though, so it balanced."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Several of the other Mice were nearby here as well, making the wooden pieces for the water wheel with a burly one putting pieces together in the beginnings of a frame as others gnawed tiny plans to the correct length. A couple of them spotted Juniper and called her name, trying not to break off from the work, even in their excitement. "That sounds like Roly and Grain," Juniper said before calling back to them. "I can understand why you like it down here," she told Flash, "it's very cool."
------------------------
"Would you like to try," Sally asked. "I'm pretty bad at it too. And you'd need to sit so I can try and help your nails?" She chuckled. "Can't reach them otherwise."
---------------------
"Hmm," Watt asked, returning his brain to thoughts of the problem at paw rather than water wheels, "Oh, yes what what. Let's take you to the food sore what what? Mr Duck..."
"Deus," Tracks corrected, walking along behind them as they headed to the next cave, handpaws behind his back in nonchalance.
"Hmm? Yes, that's him what what? The big Bear fellow. He found us a lot of our lost supplies, what what? No-one argues with a delivery bear, hmm, what what? Ah, here we are." He found his way over to the storage area and located a packet of microwavable Basmati Rice. "Humans heat it, what what? Don't know why."
"Oh," Tracks added, "as for the other thing? Chess is a logic battle strategy game played by people big enough to move the pieces. Or have others big enough to do it for them."
---------------------
"S'why they cal him 'Lucky', I fink," Leslie said, before snaffling a Pancake.
---------------------
|"The oldest He-Mouse in the business," Kilo quipped before adding his reservations about their surroundings. "Never too fond of windy weather," he remarked, "although this doesn't feel like the normal, hunter's, wind."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "We don't have waffles, sorry. You'll have to make do with pancakes. They're Lucky's favourite, you know." Piper smiles, placing stacks of pancakes in front of each pet.
"And if Lucky likes them you know they're good. He has excellent taste. After all, he chose me." the doe jokes, nuzzling her boyfriend as she seats herself beside him.

I'll haf to take your word for that. I haven't got a chance to taste him.
Licking his sharp little teeth, before nibbling into the pancakes..
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "Oh, I could easily make them, Kilo. Coupla nuts or washers on a toothpick and a dab of hot glue and Bob's your mother's brother." At Josh's announcement Flynn raises his head, nose twitching and ears swivelling.
"Where is she? I don't smell her yet. Or hear her. This wind is drowning everything out, both sounds and scents."
"Ah nah I don't think she's here yet. It just that that flower is a sign we're kind of getting close, like you know people in old villages often plant trees and flowers to mark the entrance to their villages? it's kinda like that, but we still gotta go for a little bit more......actually...." Josh paused for a second, the yelled at the top of his lungs "NADIA! YOU HERE?!"
No reply.
"Yeah we're not near her yet"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Keeshah wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote: "We don't have waffles, sorry. You'll have to make do with pancakes. They're Lucky's favourite, you know." Piper smiles, placing stacks of pancakes in front of each pet.

I'll haf to take your word for that. I haven't got a chance to taste him.
Licking his sharp little teeth, before nibbling into the pancakes..
"Oh, pancakes are the best." Lucky blushes a little at Piper's comment and nuzzle, but returns the gesture.
----------
Serence Frostbite wrote: "Ah nah I don't think she's here yet. It just that that flower is a sign we're kind of getting close, like you know people in old villages often plant trees and flowers to mark the entrance to their villages? it's kinda like that, but we still gotta go for a little bit more......actually...." Josh paused for a second, the yelled at the top of his lungs "NADIA! YOU HERE?!"
No reply.
"Yeah we're not near her yet"
"Hang on, let me try," says Ryyn. Cupping his hands around his mouth he yells out in his already loud voice, "NADIA, ARE YOU HERE?!" After a second of silence he turned to his rabbit friend he may have very well deafened. "Nope, she's not here."
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GrimD@rk8290 wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: Rudder was well aware of how to get on a dog's good side, and moved his paws where he could scratch Sunny's ears a bit. "Looking forward to seeing you again as well." His eyes would light up as he saw Sam and his own owner come back inside. His first instinct was to run, but considered how that noise might effect the cat Sam was carrying to the back of the clinic... he merely waved to Sue to let her know he was happy to see her.
This of course was something Sunny loved as he started to tap his foot to a rather unknown rhythm of Rudder's petting against his ears. "Thanks! I can't wait for you to come over and play with me, it's gonna be awesome!" Sunny said before running over towards his owner Chester who was holding the door open to leave. He'd seen Sue, and wanted to speak with her but seeing she was busy Chester had decided against saying anything, for the time being.

"Hey? Where is my ear scratching?" Luna asked Rudder jokingly, before she could see Chester was getting impatient.

"I'll save it for some other time, maybe at the party?" Luna said before she ran towards Sunny and Chester. This of course, meant they were done at the vet, and Chester had started up the car, with his pets.
Rudder quickly waved goodbye to them. "Yeah, maybe so, Looking forward to when I see you there" He had a clear smile on his face once they left... though it weakened a bit once they left. The vet was often a lonely place for a pet there with a worker, so he'd appreciated the company
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Several of the other Mice were nearby here as well, making the wooden pieces for the water wheel with a burly one putting pieces together in the beginnings of a frame as others gnawed tiny plans to the correct length. A couple of them spotted Juniper and called her name, trying not to break off from the work, even in their excitement. "That sounds like Roly and Grain," Juniper said before calling back to them. "I can understand why you like it down here," she told Flash, "it's very cool."
------------------------
"Would you like to try," Sally asked. "I'm pretty bad at it too. And you'd need to sit so I can try and help your nails?" She chuckled. "Can't reach them otherwise."
---------------------
"Hmm," Watt asked, returning his brain to thoughts of the problem at paw rather than water wheels, "Oh, yes what what. Let's take you to the food sore what what? Mr Duck..."
"Deus," Tracks corrected, walking along behind them as they headed to the next cave, handpaws behind his back in nonchalance.
"Hmm? Yes, that's him what what? The big Bear fellow. He found us a lot of our lost supplies, what what? No-one argues with a delivery bear, hmm, what what? Ah, here we are." He found his way over to the storage area and located a packet of microwavable Basmati Rice. "Humans heat it, what what? Don't know why."
"Oh," Tracks added, "as for the other thing? Chess is a logic battle strategy game played by people big enough to move the pieces. Or have others big enough to do it for them."
Snapper felt oddly at home once he saw all the various mice walking about the den. He looked about the place, rubbing his ears a little... the echo the place gave every voice seemed to be annoying him a bit. "... I don't know if I've had rice before. It taste good? Like is it as good as something like popcorn or is that expecting too much of it?" He moved into the bag... grabbing a piece of the stuff as he pushed his camera under the white stuff. ... He nibbled a bit at the thing in his paw and his expression showed he was unimpressed. "Bet humans add water as this isn't even on par with bread." Despite his gripes, he continued to nibble on it. "Do either of you play that cheese game? I could use something to do while I wait for my camera to dry"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Several of the other Mice were nearby here as well, making the wooden pieces for the water wheel with a burly one putting pieces together in the beginnings of a frame as others gnawed tiny plans to the correct length. A couple of them spotted Juniper and called her name, trying not to break off from the work, even in their excitement. "That sounds like Roly and Grain," Juniper said before calling back to them. "I can understand why you like it down here," she told Flash, "it's very cool."
"It is pretty nice here, once you know your way around." Flash said as they continued walking. It was starting to get a bit more crowded as they approached the main chamber the colony was setting up in. "It's warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and very safe. Even when Deus is out fishing or foraging, that passage we went through is only big enough for mice or something smaller to go through. So... how do you like it here?" Flash asked.

--------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Would you like to try," Sally asked. "I'm pretty bad at it too. And you'd need to sit so I can try and help your nails?" She chuckled. "Can't reach them otherwise."
"We can try chess. Or I can read while you help claws. Whatever you feel like." Deus pulled a book out from under the bed and sat down in the hand-carved Oak stump chair next to the chess board.
-Champion Motto

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

WeirdGamer wrote:
"Oh, pancakes are the best." Lucky blushes a little at Piper's comment and nuzzle, but returns the gesture.

Oreo watches the scene goin on between the two rabbits..
Yaa might know fur sure if you take a bite of one..
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh, good point, Oreo. Let's eat; I'm starved!" Piper enthuses, grabbing her cutlery.
"So... Anyone have any plans for after breakfast?"

~~~~
Flynn wiggles a finger in his ear.
"Some warning would have been nice. NADIA, HONEY??? CAN YOU HEAR ME???"

~~~~
"Hmm? No, I meant using him as a therapy animal for the cat. Although the cat does seem to be behaving at the moment."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Dusn't seem to be any skool todae so I'm free to play," Leslie announced. "Or help wif what ofurs want to dew."
-------------------
Juniper chuckled. "Looking to get me moved in, huh?" She gently punched Flash's arm. "It'd be perfect but you know you'd be worried about me every time you couldn't see me, handsome."
------------------
"Hmm, water what what? Oh," Watt continued, "they do add water what what. You see the Rice is so dry that it actually bsorbs moisture from everything around it, what what. Because it's already been cooked once the grain's starch is cracked, you see what what? It means it can take in more of the moisture than dry rice. A lot more, what what. It's not silica gel but..." he shrugged, "we haven;t got any silica gel, what what."
"You could always have a look around," Tracks offered. "See if you want to stay? I think," he continued, glancing to the girl, "you have two options after all?"
-----------------
Sally decided to let Deus read and got a file out to deal with some of the worst cracks in the claws. She thought it a weirdly nice way to pass a little time and wondered what the Bear was reading. "You are definitely smart person, Mr Deus," she said casually.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Juniper chuckled. "Looking to get me moved in, huh?" She gently punched Flash's arm. "It'd be perfect but you know you'd be worried about me every time you couldn't see me, handsome."
Flash also laughed. "Didn't quite mean it that way, but you're right. Besides, you've already got a home. One that's much more comfortable and much safer. Assuming Nola is trustworthy." He sighed a bit. "Which, she seems like she is. Don't tell her I said that."

-----------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sally decided to let Deus read and got a file out to deal with some of the worst cracks in the claws. She thought it a weirdly nice way to pass a little time and wondered what the Bear was reading. "You are definitely smart person, Mr Deus," she said casually.
Up close, Sally would be able to see that Deus was reading a book titled To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis. "Thank." Deus said as he cracked open the book to where he left off and started reading. "Not many say. Think I unintelligent because of speech difficulty. Like see them try get shot in head and not have speaking problem."
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:An it will take a human baby most of your life span, just to get to the level of development that your at now.
An yes there are cribs and baby leashes, but once they start crawling it seems like they suddenly get 10foot long arms.
"I think the main flaw is that those cages never come with the top piece, I'm sure that would help in keeping the babies where they're supposed to be." Senka grumbled, scarfing down the rest of her meal. "Though enough about babies, if we talk about it too much I'm scared my Ma will jump out of one of the bushes... How's Flynn doing? I haven't seen him since... y'know."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: Flynn wiggles a finger in his ear.
"Some warning would have been nice. NADIA, HONEY??? CAN YOU HEAR ME???"
There was still no respond
"Heh, sorry Flynn, I forgot how sensitive bunny ears are. Anyway, let's go, we'll see her eventually" Josh said, leading the way. After another short walk, following the trail of flowers which became more and more numerous, the group came upon a small tent made of branches and leaves, decorated with the the same flowers on top and all around the small clearing they were in now.
"Doesn't seem like she's around, but I'm sure we're at the right place. Anyone wanna eat something while we wait for her to come back?" Josh suggested, tossing his backpack down next to the tent and sat down.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Dusn't seem to be any skool todae so I'm free to play," Leslie announced. "Or help wif what ofurs want to dew."
We could go back to exploring those burrows dat run under the houses here.
-------------------

Roarin wrote: "I think the main flaw is that those cages never come with the top piece, I'm sure that would help in keeping the babies where they're supposed to be." Senka grumbled, scarfing down the rest of her meal. "Though enough about babies, if we talk about it too much I'm scared my Ma will jump out of one of the bushes... How's Flynn doing? I haven't seen him since... y'know."
Yeah..., it's kinda illegal to put a child in a cage with a top.
Setting a jiffy pop pan on the fire, which is soon popping and growing right before there eyes.
Opening the foil an munching on the pop corn..
My guess is that he is doing well.. Since he didn't scare to death, and didn't slip into shock, and we got him into surgery to fix him up before he bled out.. rabbits are such a pain to care for..
Kandi look out into the woods..
Speaking of bushes, did that one have so many eyes reflecting in it before?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"We could surch for sekret holes," Leslie said, between eating more breakfast, "I hurd that relly old Mowse found sum at Flynn's howse."
-----------------
"Oh, I'm sure I could go on for miles, Josh," Kilo joked.
-----------------
"Ah, I'm sure she'd think I was joking anyhow. Oop," she said as Granule dashed past, on his way from no-where to no-where else with a thimble of water, "heya, Granule"
"Hey, Juniper," the Mouseling said, dashing on.
"5. 4. 3. 2..." On cue there was a small sound as Granule dropped the thimble and rushed back to hug Juniper.
"Where did you find her, Mr Flash?"
----------------
After several minutes on the one nail (and a bit of sweat), Sally moved onto the next nail. "I'll keep your secret," she told Deus.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Ah, I'm sure she'd think I was joking anyhow. Oop," she said as Granule dashed past, on his way from no-where to no-where else with a thimble of water, "heya, Granule"
"Hey, Juniper," the Mouseling said, dashing on.
"5. 4. 3. 2..." On cue there was a small sound as Granule dropped the thimble and rushed back to hug Juniper.
"Where did you find her, Mr Flash?"
"I found her being taken care of by some humans." Flash replied. He silently reflected to himself on the fact that he didn't need to bend down or crouch to talk to the child on a relatively even level. "Where were you running off to?"

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:After several minutes on the one nail (and a bit of sweat), Sally moved onto the next nail. "I'll keep your secret," she told Deus.
Deus shook his head. "No secret. Would like if more humans knew. Flash and I want society accept us. Getting too hard to find food here. Be nice if I get job. Could buy food. Police man suggested bouncer as job."
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:My guess is that he is doing well.. Since he didn't scare to death, and didn't slip into shock, and we got him into surgery to fix him up before he bled out.. rabbits are such a pain to care for..
Kandi look out into the woods..
Speaking of bushes, did that one have so many eyes reflecting in it before?
Senka instantly turned, a pawful of popcorn quickly disappearing in her maw as she instinctively crouched, eyes turning to slits. "Dunno, but maybe there's something inside we could cook over the fire." The mountain lion hissed, slowly prowling over to the bush, claws out.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote: Speaking of bushes, did that one have so many eyes reflecting in it before?
Senka instantly turned, a pawful of popcorn quickly disappearing in her maw as she instinctively crouched, eyes turning to slits. "Dunno, but maybe there's something inside we could cook over the fire." The mountain lion hissed, slowly prowling over to the bush, claws out.

The raccoons chitter back at the hissing cougar, and go scampering off in several directions..
Are raccoons good to eat?
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"We could surch for sekret holes," Leslie said, between eating more breakfast, "I hurd that relly old Mowse found sum at Flynn's howse."

That would be great.
I have never tried to herd mice, eat them, but never gather them into a herd.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

As the two young pets described their post breakfast plans, Lucky eyes them warily. "Well, uh...I think I'll sit that out. Seems more carnivore or omnivore type thing. Not for a herbivore." This was all said between bites of pancakes. "I much prefer Piper's cooking."
----------------
Serence Frostbite wrote: "Doesn't seem like she's around, but I'm sure we're at the right place. Anyone wanna eat something while we wait for her to come back?" Josh suggested, tossing his backpack down next to the tent and sat down.
"That depends, what do you?" says in a tone of voice that makes it obvious it doesn't depend on what Josh has.

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nah," Piper disagrees, having spoken to John in the previous week. "The tunnels are too dangerous. We don't want anyone else getting hurt down there. Why don't we go to the playground instead and see what adventures we can find there?" she suggests.

~~~~
"Eh, I'm not hungry." Flynn answers. He knocks on the tent flap and pokes his head inside, just in case, but soon withdraws.
"Not in there..." he mutters, sniffing around, ears alert.

~~~~
Having determined that Rudder's vaccinations need updating before he can work, Sam is happy to allow him and Sue to leave, settle into their new home and meet their new neighbours.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

WeirdGamer wrote: "That depends, what do you?" says in a tone of voice that makes it obvious it doesn't depend on what Josh has.
"Well, I have some canned food, some carrots, and a little bit of cereal." Josh said, rummaging through his bag and taking out small packets and cans of food "Also er, left over bread, and some crackers". He then offered the food to whoever wanted it as they wait.

"I think she's coming back" Josh said, as the wind finally showed sign of dying down. Sure enough, when the wind finally stopped, the group could she a white, familiar figure in the distance, making their way toward them. The vixen looked noticeably thinner, her fur were slightly longer even from afar, and seemed to be slightly wet.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"With a nice Human," Granule queried, "there are such things?" He let go of Juniper. "Oh, um, teacher wanted some water." He sighed and kicked a tiny pebble. "Better go get some more."
"Run, Granule, run," Juniper called after the running Mouseling.
---------------
"I shall partake of some of the cereals if I may, Josh," Kilo mentioned before Nadia returned to them. "Ah," he said, deliberately not referring to her look, "the lovely lady of our desires has returned!"
----------------
"The park? I neerly cort that missy mowse there!" He grimaced, then looked up at Piper. "She OK?"
----------------
"We gonna head out to shop," Nola asked. "Might want a few things for that Tod."
"The one at the Vets," Thomas asked. "You like him or something?"
"Nah, I just figure he could do with a break that isn't his bones."
Thomas shrugged and saved the charity form he had on the computer. "Sure."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"He's a good kid." Flash commented as Granule ran off.

The two of them continued on into the main living chamber the colony had set up in. The mice were in the process of setting up an entire miniature town, with layers of wooden walkways, houses made of twigs and straw, and the whole place was divided into sections. Makeshift wooden houses and living areas circled the outer rim of the colony, while the center was divided up between sections for entertainment, food, and supplies. The "workshop" that Flash used to build a lot of the furnishings and walls and walkway components was next to the supply store. The "skylight" above them, a hole in the ceiling of the cave, was now covered by a piece of plexiglass Deus had found so that nothing would accidentally stumble into it. "I think the colony has come a long way in only a couple of days. Helps to have so many helping hands working together."
-Champion Motto

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:The raccoons chitter back at the hissing cougar, and go scampering off in several directions..
Are raccoons good to eat?
Senka continued to stare down the raccoon until it was out of the sight before returning to her seat. "Depending on your level of hunger, they could be delicious. Though I guess anything would after a day or two of starvation... Squirrels, raccoons, rabbits."

The mountain lion took another pawful of popcorn as she looked out into the woods. "I could teach you how to catch small animals, might come in handy if you ever get stranded in the woods without a bag of marshmallows."

Ref Ref!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Hmm, water what what? Oh," Watt continued, "they do add water what what. You see the Rice is so dry that it actually bsorbs moisture from everything around it, what what. Because it's already been cooked once the grain's starch is cracked, you see what what? It means it can take in more of the moisture than dry rice. A lot more, what what. It's not silica gel but..." he shrugged, "we haven;t got any silica gel, what what."
"You could always have a look around," Tracks offered. "See if you want to stay? I think," he continued, glancing to the girl, "you have two options after all?"
-----------------
Sally decided to let Deus read and got a file out to deal with some of the worst cracks in the claws. She thought it a weirdly nice way to pass a little time and wondered what the Bear was reading. "You are definitely smart person, Mr Deus," she said casually.
Snapper followed Tracks gaze toward Sally... "I suppose so yeah... find it kinda odd a former lab mouse would suggest that to me though... I mean don't most mice end up stuck in cages most of the time with them?" He looked over in the direction of Flash and Juniper. "... are either of them pets? I couldn't really tell on the trip down here. Be nice if I knew firsthand what it can be like
Hlaoroo wrote:Having determined that Rudder's vaccinations need updating before he can work, Sam is happy to allow him and Sue to leave, settle into their new home and meet their new neighbours.
Sue smiled, making sure she had Sam's number before she went out to get rudder for the trip to the house. The otter seemed all to happy to leave considering the vet office was now empty. The car drive the two took to their house was quiet and a bit too long in Rudder's opinion... he looked out the window in hopes that some pets lived nearby his new house.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Nah," Piper disagrees, having spoken to John in the previous week. "The tunnels are too dangerous. We don't want anyone else getting hurt down there. Why don't we go to the playground instead and see what adventures we can find there?" she suggests.
Whats the matter Colonel Sanders.. chicken??
But i wouldn't get hurt in them again, i know what to look out for now..

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "The park? I neerly cort that missy mowse there!" He grimaced, then looked up at Piper. "She OK?"

I guess we can go there.. maybe you catch it this time..
Altho we have already eaten..

Roarin wrote: Senka continued to stare down the raccoon until it was out of the sight before returning to her seat. "Depending on your level of hunger, they could be delicious. Though I guess anything would after a day or two of starvation... Squirrels, raccoons, rabbits."

The mountain lion took another pawful of popcorn as she looked out into the woods. "I could teach you how to catch small animals, might come in handy if you ever get stranded in the woods without a bag of marshmallows."

Are you going to invite are new frie... I guess not..
As she watches the puma chase off the troop of raccoons..
I take it you not a fan of Raccoons?
An Marshmallows will save me from a charging puma?
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Keeshah wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:"Nah," Piper disagrees, having spoken to John in the previous week. "The tunnels are too dangerous. We don't want anyone else getting hurt down there. Why don't we go to the playground instead and see what adventures we can find there?" she suggests.
Whats the matter Colonel Sanders.. chicken??

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "The park? I neerly cort that missy mowse there!" He grimaced, then looked up at Piper. "She OK?"

I guess we can go there.. maybe you catch it this time..
"Right, so need for carnivore instincts," says Lucky. "Good suggestion, Piper." Lucky was relived to be going some place that was at least somewhat safe.
---------------
Serence Frostbite wrote: "Well, I have some canned food, some carrots, and a little bit of cereal." Josh said, rummaging through his bag and taking out small packets and cans of food "Also er, left over bread, and some crackers". He then offered the food to whoever wanted it as they wait.

"I think she's coming back" Josh said, as the wind finally showed sign of dying down. Sure enough, when the wind finally stopped, the group could she a white, familiar figure in the distance, making their way toward them. The vixen looked noticeably thinner, her fur were slightly longer even from afar, and seemed to be slightly wet.
Ryyn considered his options. "Hm...I'll have...cereal, carrots....some canned food, a little bread, and maybe a couple of crackers." When Josh alerted him to the vixen he perked up.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's probably easy when you have good leaders," Juniper mentioned, trying to link her tail with Flash's as they went.
-------------
"What do you think so far," Sally asked her first customer, after working hard on a few of Deus' claws for a while.
------------
"Flash most certainly not, what what," Watt said, looking down the passage the two Mice had gone. "He lives here with the bear there what what. That's hard to say what what. 'bear there'. Juniper now, what what?" he put a claw-tip to his chin. "I wouldn't say 'Pet', but I hear she lives with the girl now what what? You must not think all Humans are the same what what?"
-----------
"She moved," Leslie remarked, "into Miss Piper's shop. I dont chase mowses in there."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's probably easy when you have good leaders," Juniper mentioned, trying to link her tail with Flash's as they went.
Flash completed the gesture, linking his tail with Junipers as they walked. They no longer had much of a destination. They were just walking wherever the makeshift "roads" took them.

------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"What do you think so far," Sally asked her first customer, after working hard on a few of Deus' claws for a while.
Deus looked up from his book at his now clean and manicured claws. He smiled. "Claws not been this neat in years. Very good."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Keeshah wrote:Whats the matter Colonel Sanders.. chicken??
"Naw, I just know better than to tick off a human." Piper grins at the skunk.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"The park? I neerly cort that missy mowse there!" He grimaced, then looked up at Piper. "She OK?"[/color]
Keeshah wrote:I guess we can go there.. maybe you catch it this time..
"Great! It's settled then! And yeah, she's fine. She's got these cute glasses that the customers seem to love even though she doesn't really need them to see. We could invite her along if you like."

========
Fifteen minutes later, with the breakfast dishes dripping in the drying rack, Piper leads the pets through the gateway into the park.
"So. Important question. Should we ride the swings, the slide or the merry-go-round first?"

~~~~
As soon as he sees Nadia Flynn bolts in her direction, once again forgetting the mouse on his shoulder.
"Nadia! Are you okay?" he calls. "Where've you be-aah!" he yelps as his paw catches on a root, sending him tumbling. If he's lucky the vixen will be close enough for him to land on.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: As soon as he sees Nadia Flynn bolts in her direction, once again forgetting the mouse on his shoulder.
"Nadia! Are you okay?" he calls. "Where've you be-aah!" he yelps as his paw catches on a root, sending him tumbling. If he's lucky the vixen will be close enough for him to land on.
"Look out!" Nadiia yelled, rushing toward Flynn, barely managed to stumble into herself, ending up with the rabbit on her stomach.
"Hi Flynn" she giggled