HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Rhyzer

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Rhyzer »

As Travis' sight had briefly met with Fenrir's, the silhouetted portion of her casual bitterness assumed to be mistaken for of an intimidating, and stern expression, which was of the contrary, mind you, she merely gave a short nod without much to say. "It's cool, bud," she simply muttered, shrugging in the process.

He... kind of reminds me of you, Kaz, she introvertedly thought to herself, concealing a faint smile prior to this profound notion. Continuing to look at Mercury's generalized direction until a while later, she then turned to Fenrir, and beckoned, "The house should be right around the corner."
Last edited by Rhyzer on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury tried to act more at ease, "A house?" I asked simply his voice stabilizing, coming to a stop next to Travis, "Are we attending a social occasion?" The cat's nerves finally hiding there frantic faces.

"This may be a good opportunity to clear my head about Travis." He thought gratefully, standing on the corner, "I will ask him about it tonight!" he resolved to himself
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

"Hnn...dinner party to my understanding." Fenrir answered almost passingly, the notion of what he'd gotten himself into beginning to occur to him at this point. 'I'm throwing myself head long into a social situation without Kyrie...I am so toast...' The fox mentally cried, while putting on what he hoped was a passable smile as they continued walking, turning the corner as he grabbed for something to say or ask, anything to distract himself from the idea what he was about to do. "So...who is it that's throwing this thing anyway?" Well that wasn't going to help him any, but there wasn't really any changing the question now.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Its settled then." She said cheerfully. "Tomorrow morning we'll go out into the forest and brave the wilderness!" Zanna started walking backwards a few feet in front of Doc. "I've never gone camping before." Her hands were behind her back as she walked. She tilted her head a little to the side in thought. "The city isn't usually known for its abundance of wildlife. All i know about camping is what I hear from others. Sleeping in tents under the stars, making a warm fire and eating smores (yum!). But... I don't think that's what ferals do though..."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc follows Zanna keeping only several feet behind her (Or in front whichever it is when backwards)

"Well in the pack we would sometimes raid campsites or uhh just look at them and mainly I would just be the one to study them, taking a lok at how the humans worked in it and what they did which is actually how I got my knowledge of the stuff I know now and mainly my medical knowledge since I had found a medical book in a campsite before and loved it, anyway i'm rambling, but its a fun experience, I think you're gonna love it."

As he is walking he puts his paws behind his head
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury followed Fenrir as he passed, visibly more happy and calm now that he had a plan to Confront Travis, "Well, don't look at me for any answers." he spoke jauntily, going back to fiddling with his pencil, wondering which house they would soon be dining in
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Cool. It sounds like fun." She turned around so she was facing forwards and slowed down so she was beside Doc, copying his pose with her hands behind her back. " I've never raided a campsite before." A grin on her face. "Is that what we're gonna do?" They were now only a house away from the corgi and the lab.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc kept walking, glancing over to Zanna every so often as they walked

"Well uhh no I dont think we'll be raiding campsites, we'll be bringing food along and a few supplies till we can scrounge wat we can from the forest around, you know living off the land"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yeah! That sounds cool. We'll be like Robinson Crusoe or like those guys from that TV show Gilligan's Island or like Tom Hanks from Castaway!" She laughed cheerfully, slinging her left arm loosely around Doc's neck and leaning against him, pointing with her other hand out into the distance dramatically. "We'll explore uncharted areas and face danger head on! It'll be the greatest adventure of our lives!" She continued to laugh as she let go and fell down conveniently, on a pile of leaves that seemed to cluster on the sidewalk. They were in front of the lab's house now. The laughter died down and was replaced with a sly smirk "I'm sorry Doc, I like to think of everything as an adventure. To make for it not being one.... i guess." She sat up and shrugged, looking at the house in front of them.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc laughed along with her, trying to remember the last time he had an actual adventure.

"Dont be sorry, I think it's kinda cute to see you so adventurous, like the life of the party and all that."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna fell back down into the leaves with her hands covering her face, which was slowly turning a rose(ish) color. "Thanks, I try." She murmured behind her paws, managing to keep a cool tone. The husky quickly got up, brushing the leaves and twigs from her fur, her face was still red, but it was fading, she tried hiding it by keeping her head down, looking at her feet. "I guess its from living a sorta sheltered life. Never really been anywhere else besides the city, not that I didn't have fun, I did. Its just that most of the stuff i learned about everywhere else was from television sets and radios."

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc just gave a warm smile as Zanna got red

"Yeah, well you're here now and we're gonna have all the adventures we can handle"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna gave a small nod. "Sounds like a plan." After she finished brushing off all the leaves from her fur she turned towards Tesla and the kid lab. "But first we gotta talk to the little guy. Keep your candy on standby, just in case." The husky slowly walked over to Tesla and the other dog with a happy smile on her face, her hands behind her back and her tail still. "Hi! I'm Zanna and that's Doc." Pointing to him cheerfully as she addressed the lab. Her gaze shifted towards the small hovering object above them. "Cool gadget Tesla." She quipped nonchalantly. Her attention was now purposefully on the flying device, she didn't want to seem like she was ganging up on the dog by staring at him. So she resorted to just merrily being in the close vicinity.

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc followed a few feet behind Zanna not wanting to crowd them, when Zanna introduced him he just gave a big smile and waved his paw, figuring he'd let them talk to the pup.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Crossing her arms against her chest, she stood a moment's hesitation in an attempt to recall the names of the two distinct pets that persisted her attendance.

"We've been invited by a family that's likely new to the area as well," she replied, disregarding Mercury's remark as she continued, her eyes fixated in front of her. She brooded over the way she used 'probably', emphasizing her claim by how one of the two rabbits remarked, 'But we're really not all that different from you,' uncertainty profoundly arising from the depths of her mind.

It could also signify a bluff, reminiscing that it could be an empathetic approach, contrary to the very meaning of the phrase, to purposefully entice her attention and desire to attend just because the rabbits assumed that they have a lot in common, as Travis puts it.
Tck. It's not like me to berate someone, she sighed disapprovingly in her contemplation, scolding herself for criticizing the two show pets.

"So, I assume that we won't be the only ones attending for that very purpose. In fact, I think we'll be reacquainted with the band of pets we met yesterday. Most of them are newcomers as well," she added, her mind separate from her chain of dialogue. She briefly locked glances with Mercury, taking note of his exuberant composure. She simply donned a smile to him, faint as ever before, and returned to face the front, resuming along the same pathway to the Pain residence.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury continued to grin, "Cool, Those guys were pretty cool, I hope I'll get to draw a nice group portrait of the group." I spoke idly as he unwittingly moved to Travis' side, sensing that the group was drawing near their destination

Tesla turned to Zanna briefly, "Thanks! I'm hoping that our new friend here likes it too." he gestured to Thomas jovially, "Well, what do you think, kid? we're not too bad are we?" Tesla returned his attention to the pup, smiling, trying to appear nonthreatening
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Fenrir nodded simply to Travis' answer, actually relaxing a bit at the notion that he'd at least kind of know some of the pets there. He came to a stop as they reached a driveway and looked up it toward the house at it's end. "This the place...?" He questioned while pointing toward it, wanting to be sure before beginning to make his way toward it.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Before anything else happened a car pulled up onto the driveway, kicking up some dust. A woman quickly got out of the car with a brown paper bag of groceries wrapped in one arm, with her other hand holding the car keys. With a loud "Beep!" she locked the car, after which she bustled the young pup inside with her, giving the others a quick wave as she closed the door with a soft 'click'.

For a few silent seconds nothing happened. Zanna looked at the door scratching her head with a slightly bemused look on her face. 'Well, I guess that's that...For now." She shifted her weight from foot to foot, not sure what to do. "So...now what?"

Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc moved aside to let the woman pass as she grabbed the pup and rushed inside, ignoring all manner's to the group.
Doc wasn't sure what to do, he was a little confused himself with the awkward moment but just showed it with a slight shrug.

"Uhh i'm not sure, whaddya feel like doing?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

'Flying, I've always felt like doing that." She said immediately, smiling at nothing in particular and swaying from side to side. "Wait... That's not what you meant right? Ummm..." The husky tilted her head to the left in thought. "I'm not sure... Well, we went to the park, played on some swings, found a tank (its a tank right? kinda?), and met losta pets along the way." Zanna shrugged. "Dunno. What about you, Mr. inventor?" Looking at Tesla. "Know any places where a few pets could have some fun?"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla shrugged lamely, "No idea. I moved in yesterday. But I have been meaning to go off on an expedition to find parts." He piped up, "And Zanna, I think I can help you with that flight thing, but it's still untested... It works in theory and simulations." He smiled up at the other dog
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc listened in, looking over to Tesla and his response. Though the words "Untested", "Theory" and "simulation" used in this context really weren't as convincing as he hoped it would be, and took it in a he was almost sure it wouldn't end as Tesla hoped it would, but he tried to show and keep some confidence in the corgi. Though he felt the need to ask the million dollar question.

"Is it safe?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Really?!" Zanna's face lit up in a grin as her excitement grew. At this point she was deaf to all other words, almost seeming fidgety as she stood there. Hopelessly looking around for this flying machine that Tesla mentioned, like a child playing I spy. "So Tesla." She said, trying to maintain her composure, but failing, her tail was wagging at a 100 mph. "Where did you say this flying machine was?" Her voice filled with eagerness.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"It should be safe, it's just an upgraded model..." he bagan to trot down the street, "Come on! It's in my garage, with all of my other machines!" he called over his shoulder, leading them the short distance to his home.

Soon they arrived, and tesla has seemingly forgotten about the abandoned walker down thè street, "Here it is!" he shouted cordially as he dove into a pile boxes. Soon, Tesla jumped back out holding a large, smoothe, and metallic chrome pod with straps. The corgi dutifully trotted up to Zanna and presented the pod to her, "This is it, the gargoyle XIV."
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Travis halted in her steps, pausing to take a glimpse of the mentioned house. Inspecting it's subtly distinguishable features and ornaments, she reached in the contents of her collar and pulled out an envelop to inspect, which was the invitation that was lent to her. Squinting her eyes as she skimmed through it, she was able to confirm that, without a doubt, it was the right house.

"Yep," she muttered in response to Fenrir, putting the envelop away, "That's it, alright."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc followed along, curious what kind of contraption Tesla had to present to them, and after the short walk and the presentation Doc didn't really expect much out of the machine but followed with curious eyes to see what would happen, though still a little fearful of the machine.

"Wait you said it should be safe? Like 50/50 chance or..?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Awesome! Its like a jetpack!" Zanna examined it in amazement. She was thoroughly impressed with the corgi's engineering skills. The excited husky looked at Doc and Tesla. "Well, what are we waiting for? Lets take it out for a spin!"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla simply shrugged at Doc and led Zanna to the sidewalk. The corgi stayed silent as he strapped the device onto Zanna's backed pressed a button, causing a massive set of wings to sprout from the sides, "Okay, Zanna, this machine had a ground-based fail safe, but I want constant contact, so..." He put an aviator's cap on Zanna's head, complete with goggles and a Wireless microphone headset, "And now for the instructions; to turn, lean in the direction that you wish to go. To Speed up or slow down, contact me on the ground. And finally, to lift off or touch down," Tesla put his finger on a button in the strap, "Hit this button. " he stepped back and smiled wryly, awaiting the fun

Mercury smiled brightly and took a step on the path to the door, "Shall we go?" without thinking, he drew his sketchbook from his satchel along with a pencil, and began to sketch he house in great detail
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc just followed and watched with anticipation, curious as to how this would turn out in the end but had to atleast trust Tesla on this, though also knows what would happen had he gotten her seriously injured, so he just watched and waited.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna nodded as Tesla explained the controls to her. She adjusted the goggles and hovered her thumb over the take off button. "Ok, here goes." And with a push, she was off. Rocketing above the houses. For a second the husky didn't know what to do, adrenaline making her freeze. She took a moment to snap out of her daze and assess what to do next. She was still traveling in a vertical trajectory. The wind roared around her. "Tesla!" Zanna yelled. "This thing's going kinda fast!" She looked down at her friends, who were increasingly getting smaller.

Ref Ref!
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Rhyzer wrote:Travis halted in her steps, pausing to take a glimpse of the mentioned house. Inspecting it's subtly distinguishable features and ornaments, she reached in the contents of her collar and pulled out an envelop to inspect, which was the invitation that was lent to her. Squinting her eyes as she skimmed through it, she was able to confirm that, without a doubt, it was the right house.

"Yep," she muttered in response to Fenrir, putting the envelop away, "That's it, alright."
Esper wrote:Mercury smiled brightly and took a step on the path to the door, "Shall we go?" without thinking, he drew his sketchbook from his satchel along with a pencil, and began to sketch he house in great detail
"Here we go then..." Fenrir muttered mostly to himself as he headed toward the house as well. His attention was practically stuck on the house as the walked toward the front door, more than a little nervous at this point about tossing himself head long into this kind of event. 'Just gotta think before I speak...and try to remember everything Kyrie has taught me about proper social behavior...as long as I can do that I should be fine...' He couldn't help an internal nervous chuckle at that last thought.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla sighed calmly as he picked a controller from a pile of crates and hit a button, causing large wings to sprout from the sides of the device and changing Zanna'a flight path to a horizontal one and slowing her down to a less dangerous speed, "Heheh... Sorry about that. I forgot to tell you to hit the button twice in succession to deploy the wings." he spoke into a mic on the controller, "But now you have full control of your motion. How is it?"

Tesla turned to Doc and gave the 'thumbs up' symbol and smiling
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc looked over to Tesla and gave a sheepish smile and a nod in aknowledgement, though in the back of his mind he still felt uneasy about this machine.

"So Uhh Tesla how many times have you tested this before?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna felt the speed slow down, the roar of the wind died down to a light hiss that blew coolly against her fur. She looked down at the ground below her. She was pretty high up. Experimentally the husky leaned forward, the wings seemed to adjust to her weight as she was carried down into a small swoop. After that she tried a larger one, letting herself fall more before banking into a glide. Zanna smiled to herself, a sense of sheer freedom flowed through her, making her feel alive. 'Woohoooo!!!" She yelled out of exuberance as she made a large loop in the air. "This is so awesome!" Zanna turned herself around and dove down towards the Earth, right at Doc and Tesla, at the last moment she pulled upwards, soaring a few yards above their head and ascending back into the sky. "Woooh!!!" She yipped. "Doc, you gotta try this!"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla Turned to Doc, "I've used dummies on this about eight times, but I need a biological element to fulfill the proper tests." he looked up at Zanna soaring through the sky, "Uh, Zanna, could you try to do some agility maneuvers? Like weave in between trees or houses?" Tesla asked into the microphone
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

As Zanna passed by Doc just waved and kept his eye's trained making sure everything was going smoothly, but the dummy thing sorta put Doc at ease, atleast knowing that it wouldn't explode at the moment was good.

"Alright, lets hope it stands up to it"

Doc was somewhat still curious at the kind of power and agility the machine would bring to Zanna.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Alrighty!" Zanna leaned forward bringing the contraption down closer to the ground. She was on street flying only a foot or two above the ground. "So I'm looking for things to maneuver around?" The husky looked left and right. "Well, there are some hou- Ahhh!" At the last moment she noticed a car that was in front of her, speeding in her direction. With quick reflexes she veered left. leaving the car to honk angrily as it passed by. "Sorry!" She yelled back to car before returning her attention to the task at hand. "Ok, so I go past houses and stuff right?"

She moved closer towards a cluster of houses, flying over a fence and dipping down into a backyard. After circling a tree she made a sharp turn into a tight alleyway formed by two buildings. On the way out unnoticed to her, she accidentally scraped the side of one of the buildings with the left wing, denting it alittle. To end the test she navigated through some trees in a nearby park, taking off up into the air again. "Wooh! That was fun!"

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla smiled at Doc again, that at Zanna, "You did great"! Tesla reached up and shook Zanna's paw, "You even proved its endurance!" the corgi enthused ad he pointed to the dent. Tesla turned to Doc, "How about you? You want a ride?"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc was a bit confounded with himself if he should, he was still a little unsure about the safety of the machine but decided he didn't want to be a "square"

"Uhh well, aw what the heck yeah i'll give it a shot"

Doc uneasily watched the machine as it came down with its driver.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Zanna landed on the ground with a small stumble and a grin on her face. She shook Tesla hand "Thanks!" Then she turned to Doc. 'Yeah Doc! Give it a try, its a blast!" She quickly took it off and looked at the dent on one of the wings. "Whoops. Sorry Tesla. I hope i didn't mess it up too much..." With a tongue stuck out in determination, the husky tried bending the wing back in position, but the metal didn't budge. "Umm, you could fix it... right?" She walked up to Doc and helped him put it on. "Well, it didn't effect the flying 'too' much so it shoudn't be a problem. (I think)."

Ref Ref!