HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WeirdGamer

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Be careful," Lucky warned him, "This cavern is slippery." He decided to take a risk and also take the rope to help provide extra support.
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Marine Fox wrote:Doc made sure the lioness was outside before he turned and looked as the door began to open, he wanted to stay and teach these poachers a lesson but he knew that it was a foolish and reckless decision fueled only by anger most of which he had learned to try to control and anger and medical aid doesn't fit well together. He get out of the window quickly and then quietly shut it just as the dorr fully opened, Doc then roady ran to a nearby tree trying to be discreet and hoping the lioness was behind.
The mountain lion was right behind Doc as they fled the scene. After the door opened, shouting could be heard from inside the cabin (probably an argument between the two).
"Hey, Wolf." The mountain lion whispered behind him.
"First of all. Your welcome. You'd probably still be stuck in there without me. Second of all. Come on, lets beat it! You got a place where a cat can lay low for awhile?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Watches the rabbit tie themselves up to clean their paws after he gave the rope. "Um Lucky we should stand away from the rope so it doesn't come undone or something..."
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's not what they put in there but what might be growing in there now that I'm worried about."Flynn replies to Mercury.
Feeling a little more nervous and secure at the same time now that Lucky is also holding the rope, Flynn carefully makes his way down the river bank to the water's edge. Taking a few pawfuls of mud, he scrubs at his paw until the smell is gone and the skin feels slightly raw. Standing up again he smiles. "There. That's bette- WHOA!" With a yelp and a splash he slides backwards into the frigid water.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:The mountain lion was right behind Doc as they fled the scene. After the door opened, shouting could be heard from inside the cabin (probably an argument between the two).
"Hey, Wolf." The mountain lion whispered behind him.
"First of all. Your welcome. You'd probably still be stuck in there without me. Second of all. Come on, lets beat it! You got a place where a cat can lay low for awhile?"
Doc turned his head as the lioness spoke. Though he didn't expect the lioness to need his help or even ask for a place to stay and from seeing how she already reacted with slight domestic signs he was worried that taking her near the town would cause quite a mess. But it was the only place he could think of. He mulled over the thought of keeping her at his house but his owner probably wouldn't be able to handle two carnivorous predators, he put the thought aside wanting to cross that bridge when it came but in the meantime he had important things to attend to.
Like I said, Thanks. As for a place to stay, the best I can think of right now is in town but either way it can wait. I have important matters to attend to"
With that he turned back forward and quietly started off trying to pick up a scent to lead him back to town, easily finding the poachers scent from earlier and following it a ways, occasionally glancing to see if the lioness was following.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Oh no you don't!" yelled Lucky. He grabbed the rope hard and pulled back on it. "Everyone pull together now!"

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury cursed under his breath, dropping his notebook and taking hold of the rope, "Come on, man!"
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

"OH FUZZ!" He quickly grabs onto the rope and starts to pull with all his strength at it.

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Hlaoroo wrote:"It's not what they put in there but what might be growing in there now that I'm worried about."Flynn replies to Mercury.
Feeling a little more nervous and secure at the same time now that Lucky is also holding the rope, Flynn carefully makes his way down the river bank to the water's edge. Taking a few pawfuls of mud, he scrubs at his paw until the smell is gone and the skin feels slightly raw. Standing up again he smiles. "There. That's bette- WHOA!" With a yelp and a splash he slides backwards into the frigid water.
Nadia quickly got down on all fours , well actually she was pulled forward when Flynn fell in , almost lost her balance and slid toward the water a bit , but reacted fast enough to got down and turned around , with the rope still wrap around one of her arm , tried to pull Flynn back out as hard as possible , using all of her paws to make sure she won't get pull into after him
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Coughing and gasping, Flynn feels as though he's the rope in a tug-o'-war with the current pulling him in one direction and the pets on the other end of the rope pulling him in the other. He kicks, trying to push himself towards the bank but the current is too strong so all he can do is to trust the other pets and hope.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The mountain lion followed the wolf, glancing behind her occasionally.
"Important matters? Like what? Cause I'm pretty sure, if given this situation, trying to hide from people with guns is automatically at the top of the 'To Do' List.".
Behind them they heard the sound of an engine revving up.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

after a couple of horrifying minutes , the group managed to pulled the Flynn out , Nadia threw the rope aside , sat down with her back rest against a stalagmite . "ya alright?"she asked the rabbit , while licking her right wrist , which has a few scratches , and also seemed to be swollen a bit
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flyn coughs up half a lungfull of water before replying. "Thanks. I thought I was a gonner for a while back then. I think I'm alright. Just soggy and bedraggled. I hate wet fur! Still, at least we know my paw's clean now. Then, noticing Nadia's paw he adds "You're hurt! How'd that happen?" He slides carefully back towards the river and picks up his torch which he had left on the bank, and then makes his way back to Nadia. Clamping the torch in his teeth so he can see what he's doing, he pulls off his bandana and binds her paw.
"You should dunk that in the river. The water's cold enough that it'd take the swelling down a bit. I should know." he jokes, feeling himself starting to shiver.
"P-Perhaps we should g-get moving until I d-dry off a bit and w-w-warm up again."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Flyn coughs up half a lungfull of water before replying. "Thanks. I thought I was a gonner for a while back then. I think I'm alright. Just soggy and bedraggled. I hate wet fur! Still, at least we know my paw's clean now. Then, noticing Nadia's paw he adds "You're hurt! How'd that happen?"
"meh , not sure , these kind of little things happen so much I kinda lost track , hehe"
Hlaoroo wrote:He slides carefully back towards the river and picks up his torch which he had left on the bank, and then makes his way back to Nadia. Clamping the torch in his teeth so he can see what he's doing, he pulls off his bandana and binds her paw.
"You should dunk that in the river. The water's cold enough that it'd take the swelling down a bit. I should know." he jokes....
"thanks for the bandana , as for the water thing I will wait til we get back , don't really want more of that excitement at the moment "
Hlaoroo wrote: "P-Perhaps we should g-get moving until I d-dry off a bit and w-w-warm up again."
"let's just go back up , you could really use a bit of sunlight right now mate" Nadia said , standing up " 'cause last time I check , we already have everything to make this into a treasure hunting movie , the last thing missing is ...*snrk*...ghost , and I pretty sure I don't wanna meet any of them right now"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky had been massaging his rope burned hands. "Wait! First I need pictures." he said. He took out his camera and started snapping some pictures with the flash on.

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Once his friend was safely out of the river, Mercury scrambled to retrieve his notebook which sat dangerously close to the water, "Some help?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"ok....that could be troublesome....erm....." Nadia said , picked up the rope while looking around a bit , then she tied one end of the rope around herself , the other around a large stalagmite "better let me get it , watch the rope for me"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Roarin wrote:The mountain lion followed the wolf, glancing behind her occasionally.
"Important matters? Like what? Cause I'm pretty sure, if given this situation, trying to hide from people with guns is automatically at the top of the 'To Do' List.".
Behind them they heard the sound of an engine revving up.
Doc hurried his pace as he heard the sound of an engine, hoping they wouldn't be able to get it through here, he glanced back at the lioness with a slight glare.
"Look it's just important"
After a minute Doc caught the faint sent of man and...horse! He tried to figure out which led where and eventually he caught Moonbeams scent trail and started after it, moving a lot faster now.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"M-maybe you're right." agrees Flynn as he unties the rope from himself and instinctively curls up to conserve warmth.
"L-Lucky, did you g-get any ph-photos of the Orange S-s-soda chamber?" he queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The mountain lion sighed but didn't say anything else. Her tail twitched behind her restlessly. She continued to follow the wolf, letting him track in silence and occasionally glancing behind her.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon wheels the chair back in to the clinic. "They got away, I'm sorry, I tried to stop them but they went up the ridge path! That husky's real strong!"

Doctor Walton calls all the remaining animals in and asks who had some of the "candy". "I know he said it was just sugar and herbs, but herbs can be very dangerous. Just because something is 'natural' that doesn't mean it's safe. Think about catnip or orange soda, you never know what effect a 'natural' herb can have."

"I didn't have any, I gave mine to Rusty, I didn't think it'd hurt him! He's going to be OK, isn't he?"

The big weasel looks heartbroken.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Rusty's nose twitched, what was that smell? It was something plant-y, like a herb or maybe a flower? He groggily began to open his eyes, stretching out his limbs as he yawned. That was a nice slee- wait, why was he on the floor?

The dog suddenly became alert to his surroundings and sat up.

"W-What-" he said, yawning once more mid question,"-happened?"
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Argent

Post by Argent »

Rusty is surrounded by a dancing weasel. Yes, one weasel. A single weasel is quite capable of surrounding one, given sufficient excitement.

"You're OK! You're OK! See! Mom! He's OK!"

"Yes I see..." Samantha shakes her head. "And what is my name?"

"Uh, sorry, Mrs. Walton. He's OK!"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Mercury successfully rescued his book and wandered back to Flyyn, mopping at him with a bandanna, "Maybe we should postpone our excursion?"
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Once Kousa and Koa reached the forest, Kousa placed Koa on a patch of clovers. "It's too bad Koa didn't anticipate himself falling asleep. He would have prepared a batch for himself." Kousa frowned. "I mean you weren't used to the laws here compared to our old home. Maybe we should go to apologize when you wake up. Maybe your old owners lawyers will be there to help us apologize to them..." She lied down and curled up next to Koa's inanimate body, waiting for him to wake.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:"M-maybe you're right." agrees Flynn as he unties the rope from himself and instinctively curls up to conserve warmth.
"L-Lucky, did you g-get any ph-photos of the Orange S-s-soda chamber?" he queries.
"Yeah I got some." replied Lucky as he huddled with Flynn to keep him warm. He untied his ears and handed one over to Flynn. "Here, use this to dry your eyes."

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Ryyn rubs his slightly raw paws together before looking up at the ceiling. "I'm sorry guys it's my fault we went down here in the first place, I was the one who chose the path. As for the vote I say we go back up to the surface too can't be healthy being down here for too long."

Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

"OK?" Rusty asked with a confused expression on his face, "Why wouldn't I be?
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

after helping Mercury get his book back , Nadia return , and took the rope off
sunauto wrote:Ryyn rubs his slightly raw paws together before looking up at the ceiling. "I'm sorry guys it's my fault we went down here in the first place, I was the one who chose the path. As for the vote I say we go back up to the surface too can't be healthy being down here for too long."
"you two are like brothers you know that , anyway ya , we should get back...." Nadia said , looked around the cave one last time , kinda miss being there already.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You seem to have had a bad reaction to some kind of "herbal" candy another dog gave you."

"Yeh, you were freaking out! And then you fell over like someone had turned your power switch off. It was awesome. I mean it was scary."

"Let's stick with "scary", OK?"
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc continued to walk along, hearing the lioness's sigh he just rolled his eyes trudging on, on the path of the scent. Until he sense a new scent, this one new and fresh non-human definitely pet but he couldn't make it out. He knew it was definitely not one of his friends but seeing as how there were lots of lost pets in the woods last night, he thought it possible one or two may have gotten lost, sighing and going with what was right (Once again) he started for the new scent, slightly diverting from his original path. He continued on still cautiously scanning the horizon and listening for any sounds of the poachers until the scent grew strong.
Last edited by Marine Fox on Mon May 13, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla wagged his tail, "Hahaha, I guess I'm pretty glad I didn't eat any of that stuff." He woofed
Argent

Post by Argent »

Doc Walton nods, then remembers that Tesla can't see him. "yes, you are. Lucky, too."

Then he looks at Zanna, "And how about you, did you have any of the "candy"?"

While he's waiting for her answer, something occurs to him, and he calls out "Sandy, can you see what's keeping these dogs' owners?"

Back to Zanna, "Sorry, girl, didn't mean to interrupt you..."
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

As Kousa was about to fall asleep she heard something cracking. She stood up so that she could look around, but once she moved she and Koa fell down a long hole. Caught by surprise Kousa began to scream. Underneath inside the cave, the group could hear screaming coming from above them.
Last edited by LovingCorgi on Mon May 13, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"guys !" Nadia called out to the group "remember when I say the only thing we're missing is ghost?" she asked , wondering where the screams are coming from
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Clutching a handheld radio transceiver in one paw -- which could withstand a little less than a mile before its frequencies would run out of range -- and a thicket of rustled moss in the other, Travis had surveyed the pathway that lay before her. Obviously disturbed, she thought to herself, observing the trail that led to a small mound.

Officer Hoffman had wandered alone deep into the heart of the forest with an hour and a half's worth of progress, intent on discovering and rescuing Doc. She knew exactly the risks of handling this by herself, but, needless to say, apart from her wits and sheer experience, the equipment that she also had in her possession would suffice: a compass, a topographic map of the area, an emergency CB radio, and other weightless essential items. Still, she knew that tracking down this particular Red Wolf would be no easy task, considering the recent vigorous activity that last took place here in the woods. She wasn't referring to the poachers, of course. Oh, and they, too, were another risk.

Curiously, Travis brought the patch of grass up close once again, enthralled by a mere whiff that appeared foreign to her. After sniffing it with three very brief exhales, she stood up from her knelt-down crouching position. No doubt that someone -- no, something, had been through this muddy crevasse. A wet animal -- or a feral, most likely, as it was distinguishable from a human's scent. There was also the chance that Doc had traveled through here, although there were no traces left anywhere in the vicinity that had belonged to the poachers. No tracks, no scent, nothing.

The thought of Doc escaping from them ran through her mind, knowing that, a wolf with his physique and passed-down idiosyncrasies of man, he could probably overwhelm them if they weren't on their toes at one moment. Plausible, she thought, but less likely. Otherwise she would've discovered faint traces of them with Doc's scent.

"...Hm."

She marked her location on one of the maps, in addition to scratching the bark of wood from two adjacent trees. After this, she continued with her search.

The rainwater wasn't substantial to hinder her efforts, fortunately for her, since the forest wasn't too flooded. Even though it wasn't particularly much, Travis picked up on the scent of the trampled grass. It was the only lead she had at the moment.

Opposite to her, she could hear a very faint, echoing noise from afar.

Vigilant, Travis stood still and silent, facing the general direction of the yelp. A second later, however, she began sprinting toward the source, eventually getting on all fours.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky had just been thinking how his luck was improving when he heard the screams. He looked up terrified and made out something figure falling towards him. "Aw fudge." he said before he was crushed by the falling pets.

LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa woke up laying on something comfy...but why. "Huh, where am I? Kousa where are you?" Kousa saw Koa awake "I don't know where we are, but I'm glad you're safe and awake. hmm? What are you laying on? And who are you guys?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"HOLY **** ! LUCKY!" Nadia ran over to the rabbit
LovingCorgi wrote:Koa woke up laying on something comfy...but why. "Huh, where am I? Kousa where are you?" Kousa saw Koa awake "I don't know where we are, but I'm glad you're safe and awake. hmm? What are you laying on? And who are you guys?"
"GUYS ! GET OFF , YOU'RE CRUSHING A RABBIT !"
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky had been rather dazed by the crash. He mutter something incoherent under the pets and his legs kicked outwards.