HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We will!" assures Piper as she digs, almost blind in the dust and dark. She squeaks in surprise as she grabs at a rock only to find it furry and wiggling.
"Whoops, sorry, Kilo. Hard to see in this murk. Your grey fur and coat matches some of this rock too. Sorry." she apologises as she sets the mouse back on his feet again.

~~~~
Flynn leads the pair down the tunnel, not even bothering to be quiet as he races past Sixtoes this time.
"Quickly, this way!" he calls.

~~~~
Having finished sewing Leslie's paw, Samantha cleans the other paw with some antiseptic that probably stings a bit, and then puts a clean, white bandage on each paw. Then she draws up the tetanus shot for the kitten and places the jar of lollipops on the table next to where he's sitting.
"Here you go. You can choose your lollipop now. You've been very brave." While the kitten is distracted, she slips the vaccine into his neck muscle, hoping he won't notice overly.

~~~~
"Well, they were just trying to help. And I think the damage had been done by the trap already but you just hadn't felt it yet." Paul brings Oreo out to Cleo with a bandage around his ankle and wearing the neck brace.
"There's no broken bones at all, just a few muscle strains. He'll be fine in a couple of days. Keep him quiet and keep the ice on him for the rest of the day. He should wear that brace for the next two days. He had a bit of whiplash in his neck so this is just a precautionary thing to let the muscle heal again. I stitched two of the cuts on his ankle so I'd like to see him in two weeks to make sure they've healed and to remove the stitches. Bring him back sooner if there's a lot of swelling or pus or anything like that. Change the dressing every other day also, or if it gets wet." explains Paul, passing Cleo a bag of bandages and dressings.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

All of a sudden, Leslie felt scared. He shivered as he thought of dark rooms and pointy things and people he couldn't quite see properly talking about him and his hunting senses. Then something loomed large in his vision. A selection of Lollipops. "Red Lolipop!" He said loudly, taking one of that colour as it usually meant Strawberry. "Buy the way," he added, rubbing the back of his neck, "owie!"
----------------------------------------------
"Not to worry, my dear," Kilo said when he calmed down and brushed himself off. "I might even say I quite enjoyed it. It has been some time since a beautiful lady has manhandled me and now it has happened twice in one day. Hah, quite the day, eh?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Well, they were just trying to help. And I think the damage had been done by the trap already but you just hadn't felt it yet." Paul brings Oreo out to Cleo with a bandage around his ankle and wearing the neck brace.
"There's no broken bones at all, just a few muscle strains. He'll be fine in a couple of days. Keep him quiet and keep the ice on him for the rest of the day.

So I'm all ready to go back to tunneling?
No i don't think so. Did you just miss the Vet saying bed rest for a while?
Yes.. No, I mean that is going to be sooo boring.
That can't be helped.. but perhaps a few of your little friends can come over to visit.
Perhaps we can make it a sleep over.

Ooooh dat sounds lick fun!

Oreo limps over to the kitten..
Welsh Halfwit wrote:All of a sudden, Leslie felt scared. He shivered as he thought of dark rooms and pointy things and people he couldn't quite see properly talking about him and his hunting senses. Then something loomed large in his vision. A selection of Lollipops. "Red Lolipop!" He said loudly, taking one of that colour as it usually meant Strawberry. "Buy the way," he added, rubbing the back of his neck, "owie!"

You wanna come ver to my owners place, and haf a sleep over..
We can play games ' stuff..
Last edited by Keeshah on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie grinned and licked his pop. "Yeh, 'kay!" he said happily, offering his friend a lick of the sweety as he wondered when he'd get a chance to tell uncle Leroy. "Um," he said, realizing there were new humans here, "hello, I's Leslie."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Piper giggles. "Oh you sly, cheeky devil, you. Thanks for the compliment though."

"Over here," Flynn calls, "You still okay back there, Nadia? You should stand back a bit. Tesla's going to use his machine."

~~~~
"Well done, Leslie. You were very brave. Your mom would be proud. Now, remember to keep your paws clean and keep those bandages on for at least the next week, okay? That little needle was just to make sure you don't get sick." Samantha explains as she leads Leslie back out to join Oreo and the others.

"Well, it doesn't have to be bed rest, just so long as he keeps the neck brace on and doesn't try doing any contact sports or anything like that. Keeping weight off that leg for a few days would be good though just to let the stitches heal. I'd give him crutches but I don't want to put strain on his shoulder muscles due to that whiplash so just keeping him quiet and preferably sitting down would be best." clarifies Paul.

"This is my fault again. We shouldn't have let them down in those tunnels to begin with. Please let me pay for both of them, Paul."
"That's not for me to decide either way. You'll have to work that out with their owners, Joan."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Pay?" Leslie asked. "Coyns!" He checked through his pockets one handed and was happy as he put his paw around the three coins he'd found. "Phew," he said.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Help is here, Nadia," Kilo called, "you should move back now."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"way ahead of ya" Nadia replied , her voice sounded a bit further away than the last time
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn turns to let Tesla through and then facepaws when he realises the dog hasn't followed him. He bolts back upstairs again, trying to catch the corgi before he leaves the house.
"Tesla, wait!" he yells as he flies back through his room and down the hallway.
"Telsa! We *huff huff* We need *huff puff* your dig- *huff huff* Digging machine. Na- *huf* Na- *huff huff* Nadia's trapped!" he gasps between pants as he catches the dog, out of breath from having run the length of the tunnel three times in a row.

~~~~
"Er... Looks like Flynn forgot something - namely, the help." Piper facepaws too as the buck bolts again.

~~~~
"I think we'll need more than a few coins, Leslie. Don't worry, I've got it covered though." Joan assures the kitten, completely misunderstanding him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Leslie grinned and licked his pop. "Yeh, 'kay!" he said happily, offering his friend a lick of the sweety as he wondered when he'd get a chance to tell uncle Leroy. "Um," he said, realizing there were new humans here, "hello, I's Leslie."
yeas we can plays... Can you hold onto a controller wif your paws all wrapped up like dat?
Hi Leslie, Is there someone that i can call, to inform them where your going to be?

Hlaoroo wrote: "This is my fault again. We shouldn't have let them down in those tunnels to begin with. Please let me pay for both of them, Paul."
"That's not for me to decide either way. You'll have to work that out with their owners, Joan."
What NO!! If there iz someones out thar trying to trap us pets, like we were wild petz. Den we now have a real adventure on our pawz, to find out who it is!!
Ahhh That is up to you, but really not necessary at all
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Remind me to dink that boy on the head when he gets back," Kilo grumped with humour. "Going for help and not finding it is one thing. Finding it and forgetting to bring it back with you?" He shook his head.
-----------------------------------
Keeshah wrote:yeas we can plays... Can you hold onto a controller wif your paws all wrapped up like dat?
Hi Leslie, Is there someone that i can call, to inform them where your going to be?
"Um, 'corse, Miss laydee," Leslie said happily, finding his tag and showing the number they had put on it a week or so back. "Thisus Unkle Leroy's number. Mister Jenkins. And I fink sew, Oreo! Wheel find owt anyhow."

Keeshah wrote:What NO!! If there iz someones out thar trying to trap us pets, like we were wild petz. Den we now have a real adventure on our pawz, to find out who it is!!
"Yeh!" Leslie grinned broadly. "We cud be lyke... um... Sheerluck homes and Doctur What's on!"
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I actually like Moriarty's name. And he's an awesomely crazy guy in the new Sherlock!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla turned to face Flynn, bewildered, "What? Wait...What!?" he sounded confused and then panicked, "H-Hold on then, let me get the digger."

The little dog rushed to the portal into the tunnels through which he left back onto the surface where he set his machine to rest, "Well, lead me then, come on!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm sure he has a good excuse, Kilo. I've no idea what it could be but I'm sure it exists. Have you found a way through the rubble yet?"

~~~~
"This way! Hurry!" Flynn runs back down the tunnels again, more slowly this time, making sure the dogs are following. Reaching the rockfall again, he's now too out of breath to speak. He points to the pile of rubble through the near-settled dust, now too out of breath to speak, having run the length of the tunnels four times.
"Ah, good. You're back. Are you okay?" Flynn nods breathless, paws on knees.
"Nadia's behind all that debris there, boys." Piper points to the wall.
"It'll probably crumble on you as you dig. It's all loose rock. The roof should be stable though. It should have fallen as much as it's going to. Nadia's standing back so we're ready when you are. You might want to move out of the way, Kilo." Piper offers her paw to the mouse.

~~~~
Joan insists and hands over her card to Paul. Payment done she turns to the pets.
"So who's coming back with me and who's going to Oreo's house."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I think I'm gowing wif Oreo," Leslie piped happily, before licking his lollipop.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, good," Kilo commented, tossing aside a pebble he'd just pulled out, "the rescue is here." He climbed onto the proffered paw.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Um, 'corse, Miss laydee," Leslie said happily, finding his tag and showing the number they had put on it a week or so back. "Thisus Unkle Leroy's number. Mister Jenkins. And I fink sew, Oreo! Wheel find owt anyhow."

Cleo types the number into the phone..
Hello? This is Cleo Norton, one of Oreo the skunks owners. We are here at the clinic, are pets were injured in a trap of some sort. an were wondering if it would be ok for Leslie to stay over for the night with us?
You want to speak with Leslie?

Keeshah wrote:What NO!! If there iz someones out thar trying to trap us pets, like we were wild petz. Den we now have a real adventure on our pawz, to find out who it is!!
"Yeh!" Leslie grinned broadly. "We cud be lyke... um... Sheerluck homes and Doctur What's on!"[/quote]
Doctor Who?
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I think I'm gowing wif Oreo," Leslie piped happily, before licking his lollipop.
Yea!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla followed after Flynn as quickly as his short legs and the great weight of the machine would allow. Now he stood in front of the wall of rock, nodding at what he was hearing absently as he places the business end of the device into a divot of the stone and threw a lever. With a heavy sputtering sound the machine came to life, biting through rock as if it were nothing and creating a pile of rubble around the site of entry
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hutch followed and watched Tesla dig through the rock.
What happened? he asked.

Blizzard scratched his head for a bit, looking around the room.
I think I'll head back to hang out with Elliot back at your place, if thats okay.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Keeshah wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Um, 'corse, Miss laydee," Leslie said happily, finding his tag and showing the number they had put on it a week or so back. "Thisus Unkle Leroy's number. Mister Jenkins. And I fink sew, Oreo! Wheel find owt anyhow."

Cleo types the number into the phone..
Hello? This is Cleo Norton, one of Oreo the skunks owners. We are here at the clinic, our pets were injured in a trap of some sort. an were wondering if it would be ok for Leslie to stay over for the night with us?
You want to speak with Leslie?
"Well, at first I must say it's a pleasure to meet you Mrs Norton, and thank you for calling to ask. As long as you keep an eye on Leslie, it should be fine, he likes to explore, that on. Oh, and yes, you can put him on.. " Leroy replies, then waits to be handed over..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leslie accepted the phone whilst still trying to lick his lolly. "Helo, unkle Leroy," he said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right, have fun, Leslie. Sure, no worries... Blizzard, was it? Sorry, I'm terrible with names." Joan smiles apologetically at the husky.

~~~~
Piper stands well back with Flynn, dragging Lucky with her, as Tesla begins digging.
"Nadia set off some sort of trap that collapsed the roof there. She's not hurt but she's trapped behind the rubble!" she yells to Hutch over the noise of the machine. Flynn just sags against the wall, trying to get his breath back.
"Is Joan back then since you two are here?" Piper queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Oh, its okay! I'm terrible with names, too! Blizzard replied with a smile.
Argent

Post by Argent »

A voice pipes up behind Flynn.

"Boy are you guys noisy you know I need to nap oh well I suppose I'm awake now. What are you doing here, Mister Badger told me to keep outta this part of the caves 'cos it's dangerous! What are you up to you gotta be careful with loose rock like that you can knock the whole roof down!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Ryze jumped when she heard Sixtoes and turned around and was about to hiss when she saw who it was. "Please don't ever sneak up on me like that again." she said, calming down.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"The roof's already come down, Sixtoes! That's why we're digging! Nadia's trapped on the other side of all that! The roof will be stable for now though." Piper explains again while Flynn concentrates on breathing, his ears sagging.

~~~~
"Heh. Glad I'm not the only one. Well, I think we're done here. Shall we head off then? Bye, Leslie, bye, Oreo. Have fun!" Joan leads the husky and the wolf back to the car and loads them in, intending to head home again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"I didn't sneak! I don't sneak well maybe I do but I can't help it I'm just naturally adapted for it see look at my paws."

The little animal does a brief (and silent) dance.

"Besides I wasn't sneaking this time and I mean really I could be a human wearing clogs and beating a drum and you still wouldn't hear anything over that hammer!"

He peers dubiously at the pile of rock, and backs up some more.

"You never know what's going to start a collapse what was Nadia doing in there anyway?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Byebye Miss Joan, Mister Blizzard," Leslie said as he waited for a reply from Uncle Leroy. He waved with his lolly holding hand.
-----------------------------------------
"She was exploring ahead of the group, dear boy," Kilo announced from Piper's shoulder.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla grit his teeth, completely unable to hear the rest of the party as his excavator worked more and more of the wall into dust. Soon stones came falling down as he broke through the other side
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blizzard waved goodbye to Leslie and Oreo and got in the car with Mrs. Joan.
*sigh* Leslie reminded me of one of the kids I used to live with back at my old home... Blizzard said.
---
Hutch looked at the rubble and heard Tesla break through. That diggy machine is quite useful! Glad you brought it! Hutch called.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Heh. Glad I'm not the only one. Well, I think we're done here. Shall we head off then? Bye, Leslie, bye, Oreo. Have fun!" Joan leads the husky and the wolf back to the car and loads them in, intending to head home again.
Oreo waves bye bye to Joan.
Thanks fur dat ride here and all!
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Byebye Miss Joan, Mister Blizzard," Leslie said as he waited for a reply from Uncle Leroy. He waved with his lolly holding hand.

Oreo tries to listen in to the conversation on the phone, while appearing to not be listening in..
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You done can we get outta here now before the rest of the roof caves in, I mean you shouldn't even be here can't you see the signs?"

Cinnamon shines his light on an odd pattern of scratches on the wall.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Those are scratches, not cracks, Sixtoes. They were probably made when this place was dug. It's stable for now. I'd say Mister Badger probably just didn't want you near the traps when he told you that."
By now, Flynn has recovered enough to speak.
"Oh, good. He's through. Just needs to enlarge the hole now."

~~~~
Joan waves to Oreo and Leslie as she gets in the car.
"Bye, Oreo! Heh, yeah, he is a cute kitten, isn't he? Were they human kids you lived with or otherwise, Blizzard?" Joan asks as she stars the engine.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"I know they're scratches I'm not as silly as I seem they're trail signs, this one says it's a coyote's territory but you can tell that just by smelling though it's kind of old and he's probably gone now and this one's a warning you can tell by the hook here that it's Mister Badger's. What traps?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"H'lo, Unkle Leroy," Leslie said before listening. "Yes, I's at Mister Sandy's and Miss Samamfa's again." He listened. "Cut paws onna wyre trying tew free Oreo fromma trap. Aron an' Vera's fine! They's still with Mr Flynn and sum ofurs in... um... Mr Flynn's howse!" He listened as Uncle Leroy laid down the mantra of being careful again. "Um, Oreo's invyted me ofur to his howse for a sleepovur. Can I go?" He listened. "Yay! Fanks, unkle Leroy! I'll be good, I promis!" He handed the phone back to Cleo before giggling to Oreo.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

They were human cubs. They always loved playing with me. Blizzard said. Our usual game was Cowboys... Needless to say I was the horse! Blizzard smiled.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Tesla pulled back from the wall, panting. He let the machine rest next to the hole he'd made, "Hey -huff- can you crawl through?"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Esper wrote:Tesla pulled back from the wall, panting. He let the machine rest next to the hole he'd made, "Hey -huff- can you crawl through?"
"hm....yeah , I think so , barely....." Nadia replied from the other side ,and if anyone looks in the hole Tesla just dug at that moment , they could probably see a pair of red eyes looking back.
"kind of wanted to show you guys something though , but I guess it's not safe enough for that yet"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I would imagine," Kilo stated, brushing dust off his outfit, "that that depends on the size of the creature, hmm, my dear?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I would imagine," Kilo stated, brushing dust off his outfit, "that that depends on the size of the creature, hmm, my dear?"
"I just afraid that this thing collapse when someone's crawling through to be honest"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If you may put me down," Kilo said to Piper, "I shall proceed through. It is hardly likely to collapse as I shall not be disturbing the stones."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. I remember doign that with my dad when I was a little girl. It'll be fun to do it with my own kid... You know, John used to be able to do that with real horses. He grew up on a farm. You ever seen a real horse, Blizzard? I hadn't until I met John."

~~~~
"Well, we've found two now - the one that caught Oreo and this one that nearly squashed Nadia. Surely there can't be many more?" Piper queries as she sets the mouse on the ground.
"Surely this is a long way down for a coyote to come anyway?" queries Flynn, not knowing a thing about coyotes beyond what he's learned from Wile. E.
"I think that hole will need to be enlarged a little more for us to fit through. Oh, the joys of having a large caecum."
"None of this wall is structural though. Once we clear the rubble it should be stable, I reckon." argues Piper.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters